All Microsoft Teams Reviews

Powerful Workspace and High Quality Video

Anshul

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2021

Microsoft Teams is a go to and best software for collaborating within the team!

Its a good collaboration tool which helps you in setting up your day at work from meetings to connecting with your colleagues, creating project work related groups are very good features

PROS

Features like you can manage your complete meetings note, scheduling meeting and collaborating with team mates and access control for the important work related smartsheets can be done on Microsoft Teams.

CONS

UI can be improved further for the ease of use though its good and it can also be customized as per the requirements of big clients which are using it in their company's world wide

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams provides a better features along with its cost effective

Stephen

Utilities, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Teams is an essential part of our day-to-day business

We have an automated booking software that works with Teams and is critical to our business, most other companies use it as well so that helps. Also for our internal meetings with overseas staff, it's the go-to tool and books straight in our outlook calender.

PROS

Microsoft Teams integrates with all our other software seamlessly. When you use tech you want it to be easy to use, straightforward, and fit for purpose. Teams does exactly that and works perfectly for the intended purpose, and a little bit more ;)

CONS

I think that some of the additional features that Teams can offer, like document storage could be better advertised and explained. Most businesses have cloud-based storage solutions but if you could do it all in one place, which it does do, then it could be better explained. we didn't know it existed for a while, but I guess at first we wanted a video calling software and were simply focused don that, rather than what else can it do.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

We found that Teams was the more professional software that integrated better with our other software.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

We needed something that seemed a little more professional. Google is good but Teams has the full suit we were looking for.

Amit

Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Microsoft Teams : Life saver for all businesses

Its a very useful tool for all the businesses, It enhances the coordination with team members, ensures timely task completion and track all the previous communications.

PROS

It helps you to real time tasks, increases the efficiency by communicating among the team members and candidates. Its very user friendly and the interface is way better than other applications.

CONS

It has few limitations while file sharing, It lags sometimes for offline work. Its bit challenging to quickly find important information in teams chat.

Furniture, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Teams

Overall i like teams. It is easy to use and integrates well with my companies technology.

PROS

Honestly my favorite feature is the high contrast mode. Love the colors.

CONS

I dont like that it can be buggy and then I cannot communicate with my team.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2021

A well-packed instant messaging and conference software by Microsoft

PROS

From what I heard, Microsoft Team is part of Microsoft Enterprise and it's free of charge. What I like about Microsoft Team that most would be its ease of use. Similar to other instant mesagging apps, Microsoft Teams work the same way. Type something and send it. Morever, it also features calls and video calls. For calls and video calls, you can also share your screen, and it can even be recorded. Once recorded, Teams will host it online and will notify everyone in the group that the file is ready. Moreover, when someone start a screen recording, Teams will notify everyone in the call that the call is currently recorded. It's a well-packed instant messaging and conference tool published by Microsoft, and it's free.

CONS

There are so many things that I dislike about the software that is related to its performance issue. 1) From time to time, Teams will significantly lag and cause error. For example, sending 4 messages in order A, B, C, and D, might cause the message to be delivered as B, C, A, and D. This is extremely annoying especially when used in a professional manner. 2) When browsing through the files saved on Teams, it can lag heavily. This issue also occur when searching for messages. 3) Sometimes, when trying to send a file that was sent to another chat, Teams will always state that this file already exist somewhere, would you want to replace it? This doesn't make sense as the file is sent to another chat with another person, it should be kept as a seperate file. 4) When downloading a file, Teams doesn't even show the download progress. How can I know that it is already done? 5) When video conferencing and share my screen, I can't see other people faces. This will put the speaker and the screen sharer in an awkward position where everyone see you but you don't see them. Most importantly, I won't even be able to see their reactions to my presentation.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

From what I heard, Teams is free as part of Microsoft Enterprise. Moving from Slack will help the company save a lot of money.

1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Online meetings with Microsoft Teams

I've beeen using Microsoft Teams for online meetings, screen recording, and video conferences, the audio and video quality is great, but other features are not well implemented at all.

PROS

Greate audio and video quality, good integration of Microsoft products, screen recording, meeting recording.

CONS

The windows and mobile versions are too heavy, consume too much resources and it's optimized.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams allows you to create different teams or groups and you can meet/chat with them separately.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2024

Great Tool for IT and Business

It's been a consistently solid communication tool that keeps adding great features.

PROS

It's not only great for meetings, but has a vast amount of connectors to other software that helps integrate everything in one place.

CONS

Compared to Slack, it lacks some features that cater to software development teams.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Business teams were already using Teams, and IT was using different products. This steered the company to go to one product for all functions.

Meghan

Renewables & Environment, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2024

Simple and Effective

Team is simple to use and convenient if you already have the MS Suite.

PROS

It is easy to set up meetings with coworkers and have a call link directly in your invite.

CONS

Limited features outside of calls/meetings and chatting.

Hannah

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2024

A daily user of Microsoft Teams

We use Microsoft Teams extensively for communicating as a team internally we also use it for our VOIP phone service and virtual meetings.

PROS

I appreciate how easy Microsoft Teams is to use.

CONS

That it is sometimes slow to update my status

Debanjana

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

MS Teams-Pros and Cons

8/10

PROS

It's collaboration and screen sharing features and notification on instant messages

CONS

The drawback is in its status display. Sometimes it shows Out of office even though we are active.

Amber

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Communication at best!

PROS

I like most that you are able to have meetings however long that you want, there are no limits, you are able to collaborate and have webinars.

CONS

There isn't anything that I don't like about the software

Aashit

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

MS teams review

PROS

Our college faculties used this app for assignment and tutorial submissions. I was a user so the experience was pretty good. You get to know when the deadline of an assignment is. Also the file access is super easy and does not have any glitch while downloading or attaching files of a particular assignment. This app is user friendly and any user may find pretty easy to handle and use it.

CONS

sign in issues. The app is overall good but once i was signing in my teams account on my mobile phone, it was taking too long to log in. There were many verification steps and i was burnt out. But yeah this keeps your account secure but sometimes signing in your own account becomes a tideous task.

Gina

Higher Education, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2019

Great concept, needs some work

We are much more able to organize our team documents, have chat messages (with history) that we can use to communicate more effectively (instead of searching through email inboxes/folders). If they could make it so that we can have more than one tool, document, chat, etc open at a time - it would be much more useful and functional for our needs.

PROS

What I like most about this software is the ability to have a team site where you can communicate with members of the team and store/share documentation. I like that we can create a "meeting" with notes/tasks, etc within it. I work on many different projects and we are using the "Teams" sites as a way to organize our documentation for each project - have meetings that contain our notes- have team chats and even a "board" for posting items on that the whole team can view and comment on. The biggest advantage comes with the fact that we have many people working remotely and this way everything can continue as if everyone is on site.

CONS

The most frustrating part of this software is the fact that it is a single window only- you cannot open more than one item at a time. So, if I am in the middle of editing a document and someone sends me a chat message- I have to exit the document to look at the chat message (and respond) then go back into the Teams file folders and traverse back to the specific document location (because it reverts back to the main page) and once I find the correct document again- I have to re-open it to continue (unless I am editing it outside of the Teams app - which I do sometimes for this very reason). This makes it very confusing to keep track of what I was doing - I end up waiting to check a chat message until I am able to reach some point in my editing that is a logical place to save and stop. Which then kind of negates the whole timeliness advantage of using a chat over email.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

We were trying to use SharePoint on its own for document organization prior to this, but we had not chat or meeting capabilities. Since SharePoint is a part of this tool, it made the transition easier.

sampath

Textiles, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2019

Microsoft Teams is not only for conferencing its bunch of application

Teams is good product for business work. This is coming with Office 365 as bulk product. Most of the time our internal roaming meeting are handle by MS Teams. Voice and Video quality is good, Screen sharing is working with low bandwidth conditions. Social Chanel activities like Facebook & Twitter are integrated with same application this is good feature for cooperate communication teams.

PROS

Microsoft Teams is not only conferencing app its integration bunch of application. With single application we are able to access most of the Microsoft service one-drive Calendar, One note, planner etc. Believe this is grate alternative for MS lync, SFB. Spaciously channel creation is very help full to discuss internal issues and and share our ideas. Team meeting work as slimier to Skype for business. video and voice quality is very clear and seems this is working with using less bandwidth. Product is getting attractive among the users and admins. it’s using AD credential for sign in.

CONS

Software startup time is slow have to wait little time to complete work. some time application environment complex for basic users that time we have to help them to find out application features. As a user and admin Cons are very less with the product.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

This is coming as package with Office 365. In one location we can access all the relevant applications with our day today activities. AD integration for user authentication. This is most leading product in the market and existing confidence on Microsoft products.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

Better features we found with Ms teams.

Joel

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

True Seamlesss Multi-Platform Collaboration

We are a group of a dozen people across North America and expecting to grow to multiple countries in the next year. We use the group chat and video chats as a way to "walk to someone's desk" or "peek over the cubicle wall".

PROS

Proper and correct syncing between multiple platforms is by far the best feature. It looks, works, and keeps track of current conversations regardless of the platform. Ability to take notes and/or schedule notes within a meeting or group chat is very valuable. All of these files are kept in sync regardless of the platform, and this syncing is seamless. The fact that all of this is integrated fully into the rest of our Office365 package means we don't have to have multiple apps or worry that a plugin won't be supported.

CONS

What we have like least is currently in development by Microsoft. At the moment, we cannot undock a video chat window from the regular chats. We also cannot have multiple chat windows going. It would be great to be able to continue a live video conference and have a chat window on another part of the screen or use the whiteboard or note taking features all at the same time.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

Previously my team had experience with several "competing" software products. When one of us goes on a walk, answers some messages, and then transfers back to their desk, the Skype for Business desktop app was missing parts or all of the conversation. Switching between phone, tablet, and desktop was problematic. Spark Server with Ignite and other XMPP clients required significant custom plugins and custom development that we would have had to maintain. Other solutions like Slack of Google Hangouts had a higher price point and offered less than what we needed, as well as less professional appearing.

Reviewed November 2020

Easy to use, well integrated, could do with some additional features and options

Like a million other people we have had to move to online meetings and transactions due to the Pandemic. There are other tools, and some of them are probably better for the video meetings aspect, but only Team has that integrated approach, especially with O365 etc. so overall the experience has certainly been positive. I have also found it to be very reliable, with almost no technical issues.

PROS

The biggest strength, by far, is the integration with other Microsoft applications, and in particular messaging and Sharepoint. Whilst the video function is probably the part I use the most, I especially like the fact we can work together, share files and chat all in one place.

CONS

The interface is a little too basic, but my biggest gripe is the lack of customisation, especially on simple things like video. For example, why can't I move the video windows around? Why can't I enlarge one, and reduce another? If you look the competitors, they all offer a bit more of a customised user interface. My second grumble is the disconnect between a team, a chat, and video call....why can they not be combined?

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

The user interface, the price, and also love the additional functions like polls, votes, and how to share. Also quote like the blurred background option!

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

License cost, and integration with other Microsoft apps

Banking, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Improving Solid Product That Works Well in the Workplace

Overall, this has been a solid Office product for us. It allows remote workers to stay connected. It is simple enough for everyone to use and has enough features that I don't have to install yet another product to get simple sharing done. Very few complaints from us.

PROS

It's a one-stop-shop for interoffice communications. Need to text- Teams. Need to call- Teams. Need remote access-Teams. No matter what level of office communication you need you can find it with Microsoft Teams. I have to be honest Microsoft was slow to roll out features. But, now that they are here this is a powerhouse of a piece of software.

CONS

Not the easiest communication software to use and every time you have to do remote access all the permissions get annoying. But, it works and that is all we need most of the time.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

It was actually cheaper and integrates better with all our other office products and has slightly better security which is always a good thing.

Reasons for switching to Microsoft Teams

We wanted an all-in-one solution and since this is bundled with Office 365 it was a no-brainer. A single monthly cost for each user and very little to have to administer on our end other than user training and implementation so that is a win-win in our book.

Zakaria

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Microsoft Teams Improves Communication and Helps Build Teams that Enhance Productivity

I accept we've been utilizing the most recent forms of the arrangement. We use whichever adaptation is pushed out with Office 365. I would suggest the item. It works with everything. I have an iPad Pro, I have an iPhone, I have my PC. It's introduced on each of the three gadgets. It works perfectly. I'd rate the arrangement eight out of ten, basically on the grounds that there are a couple of things the arrangement actually needs to enhance.

PROS

Permits you to set up groups for explicit tasks just as a group for the whole office to keep everybody in touch. A disregarded capacity is the capacity to look through anything inside Microsoft Teams. Any photograph, report, or talk can be looked and found pretty without any problem. I can't perceive you how frequently this has saved me from reworking something or begin once again.

CONS

Video quality was shaky on occasion yet may have been an impression of association speeds more than of the abilities of Teams. Need a more instinctive method for organizing the Calendar work in Teams with outer schedules so you don't need to facilitate between a few distinct schedules.

Reason for choosing Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams is utilized, for our situation, to team up with every inward worker, to chip away at offering a few recommendations, and to cooperate online on records in Word and Excel. We generally use it to team up on the web and to have video gatherings with clients. We can coordinate SharePoint destinations with others. We have libraries that are accessible inside Teams so that individuals can match up those libraries to their nearby drives and subsequently will have the most exceptional data and archives available to them.

Carlos