• icon"I love the intuitive platform and the customer service is out of this world."
  • icon"The management of member information is integrated with Rotary International, and allows for easy communication across the District because contact details are automatically maintained."
  • icon"Simple, easy to access, good modules, great for storage of club history. CubRunner provides excellent support when you need it, you can talk live with a representative who are respectful and helpful."
  • icon"Previews are misleading. When previewing, you get a item/page stand-alone preview, not a merged master page, draft page preview."
  • icon"It has a few odd quirks in unexpected places - backend modules can be a little cumbersome."
  • icon"In some cases, the software slows downs or stops working when undertaking more than two tasks."

Browse all ClubRunner Reviews

• Have you used ClubRunner and would like to share your experience with others?

February 2022

Pros

I love how easy it is to manage the public image of your club. It allows for great flexibility with templates and styles, whilst keeping simplicity and consistency across your web and bulletin platforms. The management of member information is integrated with Rotary International, and allows for easy communication across the District because contact details are automatically maintained. This is also available via the ClubRunner Mobile App.

Cons

I'd love to see access to Club Documents via the mobile app. Currently, it's only limited to the Stories List. Also, please consider a different architecture when pushing data to the mobile app. It takes too long to sync with online data when starting up. It's great once it's been synced though.

ClubRunner-Every Club Should have One!

I have now been using ClubRunner at Club and District level for four years and rate it as well above average. It is a very good, cost effective, software designed with a clear understanding of Rotary and capable of application world wide. For the beginner and regular users help is never very far away (videos, FAQ's etc and an outstanding Customer service team). If it's used properly, ClubRunner can streamline Club and District administration and eliminate double handling through the ability to seamlessly integrate with My Rotary (rotary.org). My own experience (and that of others) is that it takes a while to get comfortable with the software and to understand how powerful and far reaching it is. But I think that this is mostly due to a lack of exposure to computing rather than a high degree of difficulty in using the software. Of course there's always room for improvement especially with the Event management, eCommerce and Meeting Responsibilities modules, but my impression is that the creators are well aware of and accept this reality and are committed to constant improvement. Every Club should have one!

Pros

Well designed, well targeted, cost effective, world wide application and integrated with rotary.org.

Cons

Event management, eCommerce and Meeting Responsibility modules let the software down

ClubRunner for Rotary

We use Clubrunner for a CRM, administrative reporting, and our website host. Overall, it needs improvements, but has helped bring Rotary Clubs into the Internet Age.

Pros

ClubRunner is useful as a website, CRM, accounting system, email delivery, and one-stop-shop for my Rotary Club's administrative needs. It also synchronizes with Rotary International and puts all the thousands of clubs on one format.

Cons

The administrative interface is not user friendly. SO. MUCH. TEXT. I experienced the Internet in the 90's and early 2000's, so I can navigate it. For our older members for whom Facebook and news sites are their primary Internet usage, the administrative tools and membership tools are pages full of clutter. The web development tools are more difficult to use than other design softwares such as Squarespace or Wix.

Anders

Focus on Communication

Pros

ClubRunner is rather quick to set up in a district as well as in a club. There are many possibilities to use stories and events to communicate in different channels: website, bulletins, in the mobile app, also share to social media, driving traffic to the Club or District website. The website editing is very flexible and has an excellent interaction with content workflow, where the content may be produced by many editors among Club and District Officers.

Cons

There are some new "Beta" modules long overdue for their last adjustments and retiring of the old modules.

Reasons for switching to ClubRunner

We needed to enhance the visibility of our district and Rotary Clubs, both to our members and in our communities.

Linda

Industry: Research

A terrific tool !

We have been with Clubrunner since 2010 in its early days with Rotary clubs. The Clubrunner team has been incredibly responsive to Rotary clubs worldwide to adapt their software to meet our needs. We have seen a tremendous enhancement in the software over the years. Two of us began working with the product with little to no experience and have, with the new software, been able to develop a professional looking website that is interesting and engaging to those both within the Rotary community but also to those outside of Rotary. What a great marketing tool for clubs. We find the online tutorials are very helpful especially for new members learning how the site works. Keep up the great work!.

Pros

How easy it makes clubs look like they are great at web design. The availability of images and tools that are common in Rotary worldwide.

Cons

There is so much to learn about ClubRunner that as a volunteer you feel sometimes that you have simply touched the tip of the iceberg of its capacity. But the flip side is you can get something posted with relative ease with little understanding of how you did it ;-)

Barry

July 2022

Excellent for Rotary Clubs

Pros

Comprehensive all inclusive - customer support - ease of use once learned

Cons

This is a massive piece of software with many moving parts. Easy to learn but it takes time and effort

Reasons for switching to ClubRunner

ClubRunner reputation and they owned the marketplace in the area

Karen

Club Runner review

Pros

It works and I am learning to find what I need; most of the time

Cons

That I could not reach tech's directly during Covid restrictions. It used to be a lot quicker to get my answers. Currently we need to go through "support" which still works but it is not as fast. The good news is we still get the right answers.

Graham

July 2022

Good support

All good

Pros

After initial training relatively easy to use

Cons

Sometimes a bit overwhelming for members not tech savvy

Reasons for switching to ClubRunner

Clubmate not now available and most of the Rotary organisations were switching to ClubRunner

Ruth

Highly recommend this for Rotary Clubs but it has gaps

A great overall program that has a lot of dimension for clubs. Customer Service is responsive.

Pros

It is a great way to keep track of club members from contact info to history. Also, has good options for communication.

Cons

Does not interact well with outside bookkeeping software.

ClubRunner for Rotary Clubs

Pros

Integration with Rotary International and the ability to keep track of members.

Cons

The website development is a little cumbersome and hard to update.

Bruce

Make Your Club Management Easy

We have used ClubRunner for 13 years and appreciate the company's attention to the customer's experience.

Pros

The modularity of the product facilitates technical management, and customer support enhances its value.

Cons

We have no negative observations for ClubRunner. It meets all of our needs.

Reasons for choosing ClubRunner

It was adopted as a standard for our Rotary district, so that made it an easy choice. The fact that the software is used by many clubs throughout the world also makes it the logical choice.

Eric

Club Runner

Overall I am pleased with the aspects of the program that I work with.

Pros

Club Runner makes communication with our members very easy.

Cons

A little clumsy in its current form. Adding pictures to the home page is a bit tricky.

Liz

February 2022

RIpon Rotary LOVES ClubRunner!

ClubRunner has allowed our club to improve the look of our website and make it way more attractive to more people! The flexibility is fantastic

Pros

I like the ease with which changes can be made. I also like the availability of support at virtually every turn.

Cons

It is not clear how to give certain people limited access to make changes to the site. It seems like I have to grant full access to just about anyone who needs to have even very limited access. I would like to be able to post documents in the same way we post photos. I cannot find a widget that allows this.

Reasons for switching to ClubRunner

The ease of using the site was paramount. The fact that it can handle daily club tasks, plan events, allow online purchases and that it syncs with Rotary International were all big considerations.

Kathy

Invaluable if you need to maintain member database!

Have been secretary of our club for years, actually dating back to when some people didn't have email! Features I use frequently: MEMBER DATABASE is so great! Easy to use and members can update their own data! I can run reports with ease, particularly the annual ones for member data such as average member age, honorary, attendance exempt, etc. I can also send out an invitation to members to request them to review and update their own profiles, either global invitation or just to specific members. Members no longer call me to ask for another member's contact info! They look it up themselves! (THIS is worth the money alone!) EVENTS: Create your event, invite everyone, they respond and you print out your attendance list for ordering supplies/seats. Of course this only works well when members respond but Clubrunner makes it easy to send repeat invitations to members to virtually beat them about the heads and shoulders. You can also choose member types such as 'only send to non responders.' No sense haranguing the people who have already responded! FRIEND LIST: How many times have you heard from a spouse, "I just found out about this event yesterday"? Any interested spouses can be added to a 'friends' list and you can also include them when you send out interesting emails. Also include people like your ADG and DG, for Really Important Events that you would like to invite them to. EMAIL: So easy to use the email communication that several committee members of the Club have sent emails out on their own, without instruction! Easy to select 'recipients' for some or all. Sometimes I email through Clubrunner, and other times I.... DOWNLOAD MEMBER DATA: I LOVE this feature. I have a presaved report for generating email addresses and then I sometimes email from my personal account. I have also used this feature to calculate most recent members, longest members, sponsor lists, classification lists, etc. By downloading into excel, you can sort the data any way you need! BIRTHDAY/ANNIVERSARY: You can run reports to help to recognize member birthdays and club anniversaries. RI Integration! YAY! No separate data entry! This software is very powerful and yet fairly simple to use. If I become stymied, I submit a 'support ticket' and receive a response within 18-30 hours. One time that I submitted a security issue, they corrected their software that same day! I have been thrilled to use this software to help us keep our club organized.

Pros

Stated above

Cons

Occasionally what I am trying to do is not clearly found. Wish the member dues billing section was more flexible.

Tom

Long time member has used ClubRunner for years at both the club and district levels.

I've been a Rotarian since 1984. I've been involved both at the club and district level as we began to upgrade to a common computerized service function. Our district chose ClubRunner, and I've been involved with it since 2007. I am well familiar with club independent websites and their inability to keep up with changing technologies and their uselessness once key members left the club. Pre-ClubRunner efforts gave me less than desirable on-line experiences. ClubRunner changed all this. It took some time to learn the system, but I'm pleased that they have continued to upgrade their service, expand their service, and provide a variety of training tools to learn how to use the system. I was one of the system administrators in my district, and I found it easy to find and use the different tools available dealing with many of the aspects of the system. As an officer of my club, I found it easy to service the functions I needed there. I ran into occasional snags along the way, but they were usually cleared up quickly. Generally, I am very pleased with ClubRunner. I'm glad all the clubs in my district use it too. I don't use it on a daily basis like I have in the past, but I'm pleased to still see additions to service over time, and efforts being made to make the system more user friendly and more useful. Thanks.

Pros

I used the email system many times at the district level, along with finding and serving member info among the clubs in the district. I liked the district officer chart and the services that spun off that. I really like the document vault at the club level. We used to hold massive amounts in a cloud account, which is largely lost now for a variety of issues. Using ClubRunner to perform most of these functions electronically; and we used to store from paper records that were hard to retrieve -- all of this is good.

Cons

It took many of us a while to: 1) switch to computer data entry; and 2) grow comfortable with paying money for a service we never used before. It took a mind shift, and a step back to survey what the advantages might be. The advantages were not clear when we first got started using a paid computer service. It wasn't until I was club president in 2007-08 to see what a sorry lack of information existed between my club, our district and our International headquarters -- and our club was just down the street from the International headquarters.

Roger

Industry: Publishing

This platform does a very good job handling all the essential tasks any Rotary club would need.

As a district website administrator, I appreciate the flexibility the design function allows me to customize the home page to reflect the personality and message of the District Governor. I can fairly easily change the page as DG terms change. As a club website administrator, I can easily update the content as new events and promotions come to the fore. As a club secretary, I can get on top of the administrative tasks that can't be allowed to fall behind.

Pros

ClubRunner can handle many of the essential day-to-day tasks that Rotary clubs need to accomplish but it's greatest value is less obvious: it offers continuity of management in an environment where the management team can change from year to year. That said, it's strengths include: + An Attendance Module that takes minutes to update but offers useful reports on individuals as well as overall club performance. + Membership records include a wealth of information + Email communication to club membership, custom lists, officers and committee members are easy to set up and send + Committee Management Module takes the committee experience to the next level. + Excellent support team and pretty good documentation

Cons

Any platform that is designed to be used by both beginners and experienced users will never make everyone happy. They tend to include compromises and limits. A few of the negatives include: +Volunteers Module is not intuitive to set up + Newsletter/Bulletin Module is hard grasp. It may be trying to do too much. + Custom Reports are still a mystery to me. + It needs an image editing component that will allow users to easily add captions to photos.

The Foundation to Effective Club and District Success

I first used ClubRunner in 2012-13 as incoming president of my club. It allowed me to build a member database, communicate more effectively and tell the Rotary story. In the next few years, I helped 30 clubs migrate to ClubRunner in our district. The ability to manage membership, communications and integration with clubs and RI has made an incredible difference in just a few short years. As we support our clubs in utilizing technology to forward the Rotary mission, ClubRunner will be the foundation of our strategy.

Pros

The ability to communicate with members, either individually or in total, about everything that members, clubs and leadership is doing in Service Above Self. It is getting easier and faster to deploy and the tech support department is one of the best I have ever dealt with in my career, both inside and outside of Rotary.

Cons

Lack of image editing, sharing stories and events between clubs and the district with some form of a widget, lack of a blog or discussion group function.

Lon