• icon"Easy to navigate and easy to get with we need. I think the best part of the system is the support and the responsiveness of the support team."
  • icon"DataTrak is an awesome tool for easily signing up new clients and keeping tabs on them."
  • icon"I refer to Datatrak as the hub and spoke model. Datatrak is the hub and all other solutions integrate / connect and talk to it."
  • icon"Like, if I do a search and accidentally click on the wrong name, I have to right click and hit back instead of being able to backtrack within the page."
  • icon"The only time this software is difficult is when you're dealing with reporting."
  • icon"In comparison to other platforms we have used we have yet to be disappointed in the capabilities of Datatrak."

Browse all ABC Fitness Solutions Reviews

• Have you used ABC Fitness Solutions and would like to share your experience with others?

Shawnda

Support and Resources Are Endless!

With the busy club environment and wearing many hats ABC's technical and client management team makes the member management tasks easy.

Pros

The learning tools and resources for navigating the software makes training new staff effortless! As the business has evolved we have been able to configure the software to support our growing offerings.

Reasons for switching to ABC Fitness Solutions

ABC offered a better overall solution and support.

Steve

May 2022

The biggest and most experienced - bigger is not always better.

Overall they were a B+. Stable software, great up-time and availability, good reporting. For our single gym the price was pretty steep and when we renewed they did not have any options. Ultimately we found a system that met our needs at a much lower cost for the software and CC fees.

Pros

It is a very stable platform with great reporting capabilities. It manages members and payments seamlessly. Although it should since it is the bread and butter of the software. Customer support was 24-7 and fantastic. Very quick to respond and very knowledgeable.

Cons

The stable platform is based on an older technology so customizations or changes are very difficult. Upgrades were promised based on a new browser based system but they were delayed endlessly. The browser is just a "skin" over the legacy system. It worked for our small 24-7 so this is not really a criticism, just a fact if you are looking for cutting edge technology. The monthly fees were high and they had add on fees for processing and "system maintenance" fees

Reasons for choosing ABC Fitness Solutions

We inherited ABC, but did renew for two terms.

Samantha

Solid base but in need of an upgrade!

Overall, I think that DT is heading in the right direction but changes need to be made. The software needs to be updated and there are a few changes that I would really like to see (ex. the ability to customize). It could also benefit from a 'makeover' as in all honestly, the visual of the program is not appealing at all.

Pros

There were A LOT of different functions, which was mostly fantastic. It was also fairly easy to navigate and train new employees on.

Cons

I really wish that there was more freedom to customize the program. I found that it almost had TOO many functions and features and not all of them were applicable or necessary. The program also stopped working at least a few times a week, and since we used this program at the front desk of a very busy gym, this made for some incredibly stressful situations. Customer support was not great also, so I would say that area needs some attention.

Samuel

I used DataTrack as a personal trainer for 2 years to track and record sessions with clients.

Daily sign ins and scheduling for personal training clients. Updated client files and notes that could be used for upcoming sessions. Employee income tracking on a weekly basis.

Pros

The ease of use with DataTrack was great. Took me less than a day to learn and having a tool that would quickly let me change my schedule was great. Datatrack allowed me to see which of my clients sessions were funded and which werent. This saved me countless hours by not having to check or client payment files.

Cons

It can be slow and at times would crash. There were multiple occassions where Datatrack did not save the changes I had made after I had already logged out. The interface would sometimes lag behind payments and not tell if a client had funded sessions for a few days which led to some rescheduling when it wasn't actually necessary. Very rarely though.

Mikaelah

Best Product for Club Management!

We have solved nearly every club management issue with ABC. Anytime we have questions or issues their customer service team is always happy to show us tips and tricks about the software while taking control of our screen so we can see exactly what they are doing.

Pros

ABC Fitness Solutions is fantastic for running a gym! From creating memberships, managing employee timesheets, tracking trainer sessions, monitoring door access, and more we could not function without it! Not to mention their customer service representatives are absolutely wonderful to work with! They are so incredibly helpful and go above and beyond each time.

Cons

The software version we have tends to be a little outdated as far as aesthetics but we do not have the most current version of the software.

Utilized DataTrak in health club setting for membership base.

Pros

DataTrak is extremely reliable program, there has never been a loss of data and you are informed in advance of any down time for maintenance, which is rare. The software is a bit dated aesthetically, but it functions very well. Their customer service is great. I managed a 24 hour facility and members would swipe in with their keytag. When our door stopped functioning, support was on the issue right away and extremely helpful. I've called multiple times about member issues and every time the customer service team responds quickly and always has a positive attitude.

Cons

The only time this software is difficult is when you're dealing with reporting. Creating or editing reports can be time consuming and is not user friendly.

Lauren

April 2022

Lots of Potential

ABC was with us for a long time, so clearly we liked using ABC and found it useful. However, there are several ways to improve the look of it and make it easier for us to use.

Pros

I like that ABC can integrate with CRM systems since we did not have one with ABC included and had a member portal option available.

Cons

ABC was not super easy on the eyes or user friendly. ABC did also not make it easy to switch primaries or run clean reports

Angie

My experience has been great with ABC software!

Pros

I like how easy it is to use this software. We use this at Planet Fitness where I am a member services associate. This software makes it easy to sign members up, update their billing and look up all the features of their membership plan. This system has been easy to learn and stays up to date with all of our needs. I like how we can add alerts to members files so that if there is something wrong, it alerts us right away when they check in. Also, printing the morning paperwork reports is very simple. I love how helpful ABC is.

Cons

One of my only complaints is that you cannot delete notes on members files without management approval.

Jeff

Positive - Allows us to accomplish our business objectives

I was able to manage the business better with reporting. / Able to track members payments and feel secure about proper billing of the members.

Pros

I refer to Datatrak as the hub and spoke model. Datatrak is the hub and all other solutions integrate / connect and talk to it. This allows me to be competitive in the market.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have more then one datatrak screen open at 1 time when configuring the system or addressing the members needs.

Shsin

March 2022

Poor software management and system support

They are doing billing and access control at an acceptable level. However, tech support, reports, point of sale, data entry, member portal, and retention are all below standard performance or nonexistant.

Pros

Captures membership data Access control Billing daily

Cons

Poor/no support for gym owners Lack of response from management team Poor data reports Cumbersome and not user friendly Poor tech support Long hold time no solutions to ongoing problems

Reasons for choosing ABC Fitness Solutions

Billing processes

Reasons for switching to ABC Fitness Solutions

Billing issues and rising costs

Brie

Very slow software!

it's okay- i am not sure if there is a better/ faster platform out there but if there was, i would love to try it out!

Pros

I like that it is able to hold all of the information from our members for all of our gyms. We have a lot of locations and you are able to locate any member from any location

Cons

it is super slow!!! i know it is usally processing a million things at once but we constantly have it freeze up on us when we are in the middle of something. also, when it freezes we are unable to basically anything since all of our business goes through there

karen

Absolutely love the system and most of all the support.

Great reporting, Easy to use, Very easy to convert from old system, Minimal headaches, Password changes great for compliance

Pros

Cons

The only con is that we have to input classes into datatrak for the app. These classes are free but it is how it works.

Christopher

Awesome experience. I have used ABC for years and it only gets better.

Pros

ABC helps me manage all my members and helps me stay tuned into other clubs members as well. The Note taking ability is the biggest pro for ABC and customer relations.

Cons

I dislike in certain sections like doing member cancellations or freezes you cannot go back in forth through tabs to retrieve information and save what you have filled on the e document also.

weston

Super customer service

Pros

When you need help it’s there. When you call in with a question or need help usually they answer right away if not a super short wait time with very friendly service. They stay with you until the problem is solved

Cons

It can be hard to use it has a very dark interface with small print and so many options to choose from it’s easy to get lost

Kristen

Awesome!

Pros

This was by far one of the best softwares used in our gym. I loved all the options within the software itself. Was very reliable and held so much info on members, they're training, payment and much more

Cons

I don't think I can say I had come across any cons with this software. All ends met my standards while working in the gym,

Datatrak keeps my business functioning properly! Great basic CRM.

A very easy CRM that has all the tools we need for our business

Pros

I love how accessible DataTrak is to learn. Everything is categorized nicely and makes sense for its order.

Cons

I wish that we could use call in passwords for members at other clubs. Sometimes it's a hassle when I'm trying to provide good customer service to have to bounce the member around.

Sara

DataTrak for fitness

I have no complain regarding the software, I would highly recommend.

Pros

I have personally used the datatrak systems for 6 almost 7 years. The system is wonderful and works for the company.

Cons

The software is simple to use and easy to navigate. It worked well with our process that were set in place.

Brendan