All DonorView Reviews

Waldo

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Excellent CRM

Our overall experience with Donorview has been exceptional. Implementing the CRM as our first option and choice for a new office, we have not been disappointed. Brilliant product.

PROS

The user interface is really easy to navigate. The company support is excellent and all questions/training is dealt with in under 24 hours.

CONS

While there were initially some functionality missing, the Donorview team are constantly working in the background to improve their product. No cons currently.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

Looking for more user-friendly environment

Gary

Reviewed October 2020

Finding the right tool at the right price

It was an easy to get Sales involved in several meetings as not all the players were available at the same time. The cutover was a breeze and they even went above and beyond our expectations when additional data needed to be transferred across networks. After 2 years, DonorView is still welcoming our input and looking to enhance their system. This product is easy and cost effective for us.

PROS

Customer Support. Some people think Customer Service occurs only when you purchase a product but actually it starts when the product is first introduced. How well the team responds to your questions and offer real solutions tells a lot. Are they willing to answer same questions over and over. Then as soon as the transfer of data occurs, how quick will they respond. DonorView is excellent in this area while meeting the needs of our business.

CONS

While there were a lot of options editing written communication, some options I was used to were not there. However, through their Customer Service and Support Team, those deficiencies were enhanced to meet our needs. Great job listening to customer.

Reason for choosing DonorView

DonorView met our donor database needs, was easy to use, offered incredible Customer Support and was the right price.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

Customer Support and cost.

Jessica

Reviewed February 2020

Multiple Issues - we're switching when our contract ends

PROS

On the surface, it appears to do a lot. This may be more price friendly than other products, although we pay $3,500 a year, so it's not cheap. I do like the additional features of them mailing out tax receipts / thank you letters.

CONS

Reporting is awful. When asking for help from support, their feedback was that they know the reporting feature is not great. It's very difficult to get the information needed - especially multi year comparison -- without manually manipulating it in Excel. Does NOT work with all browsers. We're using this for ticketing for our gala and it doesn't work on all of the browsers -- who knows how much we have missed out because of browser issues. Peer - to - peer pages are not custom enough and don't look the best. It isn't user friendly. The product in general is clunky. They also charge you a monthly fee for donation swipers.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

For a more robust product with our growing donor base.

Francesco

Everything Non-Profits Need in one location

Our experience has been amazing. The support that everyone at DV gives to their clients is amazing and 100000000% better than what we received with the other software we were using.

PROS

We had Raiser's Edge prior to moving to Donorview. One of the things we like most is the ability to pull reports within seconds and with ease. Raiser's Edge was too complicated when it came to reports. DonorView makes it so simple.

CONS

The thing we like least about the software is the membership feature, but that has nothing to do with how good or bad it is, we just haven't had a reason to use that aspect yet so can't really comment on it beyond that.

Reason for choosing DonorView

We just liked it better.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

It was too clunky and I wanted something we could not just use as a donor database, but be able to use for event planning, taking donations, mass email and text marketing and auctions. When we looked into all the different platforms, DonorView did all that and since we are both located in Massachusetts, we felt like going with a local business.

Lynne

Reviewed March 2020

DonorView is Fantastic! Exactly what we need.

We really like DonorView. We came from Giftworks and Paypal, and DonorView is incredible. The system is incredible smart and well thought out.

PROS

Donorview is extremely customizable. It is easy to input new constituents, and the fluidity in which the events, fundraising, and constituent modules interact is fantastic. We like that we can do survey's in the system itself and track responses. Reports are easy to pull. We also like that when we do encounter problems, customer support returns out email and helps out quickly during business hours. They have implemented features for us when we request and are happy to help in any way possible.

CONS

The biggest downside to DonorView is that support is only available during normal business hours. We do a lot of evening and weekend events, and support is not available then. I believe they do have a feature now where you can prearrange and pay to have someone available to assist in an emergency, but it is not standard. DonorView is also fabulous at implementing new feature requests, but they aren't great at telling you that they have done so! I have absolutely discovered by accident that something I requested was done.

Reason for choosing DonorView

We liked that the system was somewhat customizable. The price was great. We also like how the different modules (constituent, fundraising and events) all automatically spoke with one another. There wasn't an additional add-on.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

We switched from Giftworks, and it was simply a horrible system to use. Clunky, no event/payment management functionality, wouldn't save information, only one user could use it at a time. The list is endless of why it was a bad software for us.

Reviewed February 2024

Not at all what we thought it would be

PROS

The automated notifications were nice and I like being able to save reports and donor views for different looks.

CONS

The system is just overall difficult to use and a lot of the functionality we were shown during our demo ended up being add-ons that we couldn't afford. Overall, it makes targeted communication with donors difficult and limits my ability to speak to donors the way I'd like.

Aisling

Libraries, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Donor Management Made Easy

Excellent!

PROS

DonorView is very user-friendly, which for me was one of the main selling points. Before moving to DonorView, we used a donor management system that was clunky, convoluted, and overall just too big for an organization like ours. DonorView made life a lot easier - combining a way to organize constituents better, maintain e-communication, run reports for metrics, and seamlessly fit with the look and feel of our website to attract more donors. The support is also top notch - when we have a question or a problem, the DonorView team is very communicative and committed to finding a solution. If we need fields added to profiles, etc. DonorView is very accommodating.

CONS

This is likely due to my own shortcomings rather than a flaw with DonorView (I am not trained in web design, etc.) but I sometimes have trouble with the e-mail templates. Like I previously mentioned, anytime I have a question or issue, the team helps me fix it promptly.

Reason for choosing DonorView

At the end of the day, we wanted to be able to work flexibly with a donor management system that fulfilled our needs as a non-profit organization while providing the support we needed. DonorView has been A+ to work with.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

iMis was way too big for a small non-profit organization like ours. We were not able to run reports the way we wanted to, merge profiles, or do pretty much anything that DonorView allows us without incurring a cost, etc. It was a frustrating system to use.

Erica

Reviewed September 2019

It's brought us up to date!

Overall we love DonorView and it has been an excellent addition to the functionality of our organization.

PROS

The ease of using DonorView has completely helped our organization. It offers everything we needed such as tracking donations, membership, embedding forms onto our website, events, and SO much more. DonorView customized our entire database to fit our organization needs. It's like we have our own personal system that no one else has with all of the custom features DonorView created for us. Whenever we need changes, they do whatever we need with no fees to do so. We are incredibly grateful for how accommodating their customer service is as well. They always get back to us with any questions or requests to make changes to our account. Typically in less that 24 hours. It's great having such a great team to rely on to make sure our organization functions well.

CONS

Initially getting the software there is a lot to learn with certain features. But, DonorView offers great help videos you can watch. If your questions aren't answered in the videos, their customer service is a great plan B and they always get back to you quickly.

Reason for choosing DonorView

DonorView offered more customization and flexibility. The price is unbeatable.

Kim

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

What an improvement!

We had become increasingly frustrated with out previous platform in terms of errors, poor customer service and increasing costs. We've experienced the exact opposite with DonorView. The ease of use, data integrity, excellent customer service, affordability and constant enhancement has helped to reinvigorate our fundraising and donor relations efforts.

PROS

This software was easy to implement and we feel good about how we were able to maintain data integrity in the process. Customer service is excellent--- prompt, accessible and collaborative problem solving. The database is easy to navigate and the DonorView team seems very open to suggestions for enhancements.

CONS

We had struggled a bit with the automated donor recognition letters, but a recent enhancement addressed this issue. We also had some feedback that the peer to peer fundraising pages were less intuitive than our last vendors pages, but, again, this has improved and we had greater success as the year progressed.

Reason for choosing DonorView

It fit the needs of our small organization at an affordable price. The demonstrations made us feel comfortable with the platform and the prompt, concise responses to our questions were invaluable.

Melissa

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Software with Ease

PROS

I like this software for the online auction section that can be included with events. The ease of function for closing and charging all at one time has help simplify the process. The email and text notification feature is extremely helpful to inform those that they have won and auction item. Merging records is extremely easy in DonorView and editing information in a donor record can be completed with ease.

CONS

What I like the least is if someone creates a new record when bidding on an auction and they are already in our system it creates a duplicate record. This is extremely frustrating that it can't pick-up and recognize this and ask them a few questions to avoid the duplicate record process.

Reason for choosing DonorView

We selected DonorView over MobileCause and DonorView has more options for tracking, recognizing and thanking donors.

Bryan

Reviewed January 2021

Do your homework...this one is frustrating!

It does not live up to the hype that the sales team sold us on.

PROS

We were "sold" on all of the great features and that it had an online auction portal.

CONS

It has been buggy and problematic since day one. There are NO data formatting restrictions, so you are going to get data in multiple formats. Junk in...junk out...very unprofessional look. No way to control that...and they don't seem to care about it either. Data pulls are inconsistent. You may tag something in a "Category" and then try to print using that tag, and not all of the tagged items will be pulled on the report. This is a disaster if you are trying to steward donors (and ones are left out). I have to login twice each time when I start. It glitches the first time almost every time. In the afternoon, the site gets VERY sluggish. I honestly would NOT recommend you go with DonorView...too many issues.

Reason for choosing DonorView

We were promised it could do the same things as DonorPerfect in our comparison list. Does not live up to those expectations.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

Needed better donor record keeping for stewardship...and an online auction portal.

Missy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Great software - so much functionality, great quality for the price, excellent customer service.

We are able to keep our database clean, consistent, and reliable. It is easy to use for all levels of experience and the capabilities of the software are enormous. We love how easily it syncs to our website as well as the ease of reporting to members of the staff.

PROS

I just started using the software within the past year. It has been an easy transition and continues to be as I ask for help with certain areas and suggest improvements. I find the customer service team always timely and knowledgeable. I look forward to increasing my knowledge base with the software as I continue to use it and gain better use of the overall functionality. I appreciate all the time that the team has put into cleaning up our old data to make it work for DV.

CONS

The only suggestion for improvement would be to make the mail merge templating easier to use. I find it difficult to format a letter, especially because I have no experience with HTML. I would prefer to either copy and paste from Word with it working perfectly the first time. I feel as if I always have to do a trial run with a new letter and adjust accordingly.

Aoife

Reviewed July 2017

Fantastic! Meets a variety of needs for an enitre nonprofit!

Having one database that performs the same functions as our previous three, it is extremely user friendly.

PROS

So far, myself and my organization has had a great experience with Donorview. The transition period was very simple from our old database since Donorview provided ample support and answered all of our questions and concerns over the transition while also merging our data very quickly. Whenever we have any questions or issues the support team quickly responds and helps resolve any issues. My team and I are always excited to see the new features and updates donorview creates as it is always bigger and better. Thank you to the donorview team for such an amazing diverse software!

CONS

The reporting is the part that we struggle the most with, it is not as robust as our old database so that has been a struggle in terms of acquiring donor retention reports with ease. I know that this will soon be an issue of the past as the software continues to develop.

Tomika

Reviewed May 2017

Overall, so far so good. I like the software.

PROS

My experience with Donorview has been fine. We still haven't fully learned all aspects of the software, or utilized it to its full capacity, which is a bit frustrating on our end because of the amount that we are investing. We are still a very small organization so it's essential that we get our bang for every buck utilized. I did find that some areas could be more user friendly, but that could just be a user issue... need to do more research/studying to better utilize the services.

CONS

I honestly still need to delve into the system. I'm still not completely secure in my knowledge of utilizing all of the platforms and therefore still need to research and learn more. It would be nice if there were lower price points for smaller organizations, as the amount that we are investing in the software is a bit much. At the current moment that would be my only concern and feedback.

Cheryl

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Perfect Program for Small Non-Profits

The support team at DonorView has been wonderful. They are always ready to walk you through a process and have even added some reporting functions at my request which allowed me to cut my time in half when running reports for gifts/events. This was a big help when organizing the major gala we host every year.

PROS

I am the Development Director for a small private school with no assistants or committee to help me organize fundraising events and donations. This program helps me document donations, track donor contributions over the years, integrate/embed donation or event pages onto our school's website, and (my favorite feature) it's easy to pull specific reports.

CONS

There is nothing I don't like about the software, but there are areas I need to get more comfortable using. There are so many features to make my job more efficient and I need to set up a time to train on those areas.

Kim

Reviewed January 2023

Very helpful!

For the most part, I have no complaints. It is very useful software.

PROS

I only use this program to enter new people and record interactions. It is a wonderful tool to be able to keep track of not only their personal information (address, phone, email) but also make notes to help you remember connections that you have made and with whom. There is a place to enter their availability as well. For instance, I planned a "Christmas Wrapping Party", and was able to enter each person that participated. Next year, that list can be pulled up, and I have all of their contact information at hand!

CONS

There are many things that I still need to learn. My only complaint is that I have lost things in DV. It did not "save" for some reason.

Robert

Reviewed June 2017

When we started with Donor View they may not have had every feature we wanted, but EVERY time we mad

Better service, good price.

PROS

We use the email customer service option. The promptness of reply on our requests is outstanding. They also offer a phone assist option but they do so good with email that the telephone response option is not necessary.

CONS

you could provide our service for FREE, but other than not charging us (insert smiley face here) I do not think there is anything we wish you would do better.

Audra