• icon"This may be more price friendly than other products, although we pay $3,500 a year, so it's not cheap. I do like the additional features of them mailing out tax receipts / thank you letters."
  • icon"We are a small non-profit so it was a good mid-range product that was accessible to us."
  • icon"It is very user friendly as an administrator to process one-time gifts and/or set up monthly giving for your constituents."
  • icon"I believe they do have a feature now where you can prearrange and pay to have someone available to assist in an emergency, but it is not standard."
  • icon"This is a disaster if you are trying to steward donors (and ones are left out). I have to login twice each time when I start."
  • icon"You cannot edit multiple records at once if you find a widespread problem (although DV will offer to write an ad hoc script for a fee)."

Browse all DonorView Reviews

• Have you used DonorView and would like to share your experience with others?

Waldo

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Excellent CRM

Aubrey

We Love Donorview

I have loved it. The customer service has been great, they answer my emails immediately. And it has simplified my life treamendously.

Pros

The versatility, I shopped around for months looking for something that would be able to fit my unique fundraiser. Donorview, while not super flashy like some of the others...checked every single one of my boxes. It has P2P, ticket sales, silent auction, text campaigne....tons of different features!

Cons

I wish that we had paid more to get a full training up front. I'm positive that there are more features that I could have been using, but don't know of because I didn't have a formal training.

Christine

Excellent All-In-One Solution for Event Management and CRM

The support team has been very responsive. I would always get a response to my question within the next business day. And I had quite a few questions in the beginning as I was learning the system! The training videos were also quite helpful.

Pros

We use DonorView for our annual golf outing. DonorView has everything all in one system - CRM, mobile auctions, online registration, event management, text messaging, email, etc. All at a reasonable price. I don't have to work with multiple systems, or export/import data, because it's all right there. I did a lot of research and could not find anything similar. In fact, I had other non-profit software companies tell me that a software solution that combines CRM and event management doesn't exist. I'm happy to say that it does!

Cons

My biggest con is that the mobile app needs some work, as we had issues with it at our event. Also, as with any software, there are always new features and things you wish it would do. For example, I would like to be able to do partial payments for sponsorships and from multiple constituents. The DonorView team seems open to new feature requests. And for the most part, the software is quite robust.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

With our prior solution, there was no CRM relationship management. Each year we would start over with a new event, and there was no way to get a holistic view of our constituents. For example, if we wanted to see anyone that was a sponsor in the last 5 years, we had to go through each event page from the last 5 years and sort through the data manually. Now, with DonorView, the data is available with just a few clicks. Also, we no longer have to export data from each year's event into an excel spreadsheet to use as our mailing list. Our CRM database now lives right in the DonorView system.

Melissa

Bang for the Buck

We've been with DonorView since 2017. Overall, we enjoy our use of it. We realize there are things within it we have not even touched yet. This CRM has widespread capabilities.

Pros

We looked at multiple CRMs before choosing DonorView. The overall feel of this CRM is very manageable. Things we were not able to figure out, their CS support has been wonderful.DonorView is the hub for us - volunteer tracking, donations, events, donation pages.

Cons

Some reports are hard to figure out how to build. The fundraising side and CRM sides don't talk the way I would like them to sometimes. There also has not been a "global" replacement feature.. or global anything yet.

A great concept but not ready for prime time

I'm not looking to switch away from DonorView, simply because it's better than the patchwork of applications we were using and it's in our budget as a non-profit. I'm still holding out hope that DV will start putting some investment into seriously improving their product for the end user, especially for power users who are responsible for maintaining enterprise data. If they don't, I'm worried that the company will go belly up. But for now, I'm sticking with it despite how frustrating the system is to actually use in the real world.

Pros

The idea behind DonorView is great. You keep everything in one place to get a 360-degree view of your constituents and replace all the various individual systems for email, web forms, payments, events, donor tracking, CRM, etc. And you do it at an affordable price. All these features are, in fact, in the system, which is wonderful. It's in the execution things start breaking down.

Cons

When we signed on to DV over a year ago, I knew there were practical problems with the system but hoped they had an aggressive development team which would stay competitive by continually improving the product. By now, it's apparent that they do not have an aggressive development team and appear to be putting almost no effort into improving their product to stay competitive, which is frustrating for the user and makes us worried that the company may fail and leave us hanging. DV obviously doesn't use this system themselves, at least not in the full way it's intended to be used, or I'm sure the more glaring problems would have been solved by now. There is no power-user interface. You can only search for constituent records with a single string across all fields, for example, rather than being able to search for combinations of field values with wildcards. You lose your found set whenever you drill down — extremely frustrating. You cannot edit multiple records at once if you find a widespread problem (although DV will offer to write an ad hoc script for a fee). Constituents can create duplicate records without the system flagging that event for you. Couples with individual records can use a DV campaign page to donate as a couple, creating a third record, and there's no automated way to split that out to the pre-existing records. You can use a "Family" field to create households, but there's no way to tell the system that you want to mail to some of those households as a household (e.g. we have some donors who tell us they want a single mailer every time, yet they don't always donate, purchase, or volunteer as a couple, so there's no automated way to ensure that they get just one mailer — it has to be done manually every time). Also, the email "templates" are not templates, they're just saved emails. Actual templates would be so much easier to work with. DV has effectively locked down certain design choices by preventing override, which is a real pain when their choices are bad, such as a hard-to-read gray font — I had to go in and tinker with the code to stop the system from ignoring my commands to use a darker font. You can't create any conditional auto-completes (e.g. having all new constituent records within certain cities, ZIPs, and counties automatically fill in a Service Area field). The list goes on. In short, DV doesn't really pay attention to the needs of the actual user in the field and they don't seem at all focused on creating a superior product for the end user.

Easy to Use Software

Donorview has taken the guesswork out of so much for us. They even designed our webpage, and the webpage service has been vital to the mission. Donor information is easy to locate & track. This software is straightforward to use.

Pros

We love the ease of the software. Simple to learn. Makes email marketing & fundraising fun to use. Makes donor relations better.

Cons

The least favorite would be not reaching a live person. However, they quickly get back to you and take time to resolve the issue and help you navigate through the software.

School Donor Management

Customer service is great - explains things easily and timely. The help videos in particular are wonderful!

Pros

Donor View allows us to maintain great communications with our donors, filter them for upcoming events and pledges, and ensure all tax documentation is timely sent each year.

Cons

To ensure/force a login when a returning donor or new donor/constituent gives to us.

Reasons for choosing DonorView

This gave us the ability to do peer-to-peer fundraising, auctions, and larger special events.

Atwell

Jack of all trades ...

Overall, we've been pleased with the solution and the company. As long as you go in with your eyes open and manage your expectations, you should be quite satisfied. Everyone we've interacted with is pleasant and committed to helping you get value out of the software.

Pros

The breadth of features is exceptional. We were able to replace almost a half-dozen solutions with DonorView - dramatically simplifying our workflows and processes (as well as saving some money).

Cons

While DonorView can do a LOT of different things, it does none of those things exceptionally well. The features in any given area will not be on par with the features of solutions focused specifically on that area (e.g. donor management/fundraising, event management, etc.). Also, the workflows are not always intuitive and the available tutorials do not cover all of the software's functions.

Reasons for choosing DonorView

We are a youth organization and DonorView is the only product we've run across that combines youth program management with fundraising/donor management. Once again, it's key differentiator is that it's the "Swiss Army Knife" of non-profit software!

Reasons for switching to DonorView

We no longer had anyone on staff who could administer the tool. Also, we were looking to streamline our operations.

Audra

Donor View is a great product for Non-profits

Great product, easy to use and very easy to migrate from one system to another with great customer support.

Pros

User friendly, easy to use with many features that are inclusive of all items that a non profit would need to use in one product.

Cons

Nothing that I can even think of that we have had any issues with.

Reasons for choosing DonorView

We did not have a current system and I had implemented donorview at another non profit where we switched from e-tapestry.

Donorview is Affordable and Has Launched our Online Giving in New Ways

Pros

We like the flexibility the software gives. Our recurring donors love being able to have their own donor portal and set up and change their recurring donations.

Cons

The initial conversion had its challenges but after several weeks we were able to work with the DV team and get things the way we needed them.

Affordability

Brian

Efficient and Effective

We have been a DonorView subscriber for three years. Our appreciation and enthusiasm for DonorView's role in our success continues to grow.

Pros

DonorView empowers us to communicate effectively and efficiently with our donor base.

Cons

What I like least about DonorView is that I don't have the time to take advantage of tools that we aren't using.

Gary

Finding the right tool at the right price

It was an easy to get Sales involved in several meetings as not all the players were available at the same time. The cutover was a breeze and they even went above and beyond our expectations when additional data needed to be transferred across networks. After 2 years, DonorView is still welcoming our input and looking to enhance their system. This product is easy and cost effective for us.

Pros

Customer Support. Some people think Customer Service occurs only when you purchase a product but actually it starts when the product is first introduced. How well the team responds to your questions and offer real solutions tells a lot. Are they willing to answer same questions over and over. Then as soon as the transfer of data occurs, how quick will they respond. DonorView is excellent in this area while meeting the needs of our business.

Cons

While there were a lot of options editing written communication, some options I was used to were not there. However, through their Customer Service and Support Team, those deficiencies were enhanced to meet our needs. Great job listening to customer.

Reasons for choosing DonorView

DonorView met our donor database needs, was easy to use, offered incredible Customer Support and was the right price.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

Customer Support and cost.

Francesco

Everything Non-Profits Need in one location

Our experience has been amazing. The support that everyone at DV gives to their clients is amazing and 100000000% better than what we received with the other software we were using.

Pros

We had Raiser's Edge prior to moving to Donorview. One of the things we like most is the ability to pull reports within seconds and with ease. Raiser's Edge was too complicated when it came to reports. DonorView makes it so simple.

Cons

The thing we like least about the software is the membership feature, but that has nothing to do with how good or bad it is, we just haven't had a reason to use that aspect yet so can't really comment on it beyond that.

Reasons for choosing DonorView

We just liked it better.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

It was too clunky and I wanted something we could not just use as a donor database, but be able to use for event planning, taking donations, mass email and text marketing and auctions. When we looked into all the different platforms, DonorView did all that and since we are both located in Massachusetts, we felt like going with a local business.

Linda

The three E's: Everything, Easy and Enjoyable

My overall experience with DV have been phenomenal. Before DV, it took about 20 hours a week to enter gifts and get out acknowledgement letters, but with DV it takes just a few hours each week. Plus the letters are automatically attached to the donor's record. When pulling reports before DV, it took someone who knew how to word the "query" correctly, but now anyone can easily pull a report by simply selecting the button which indicates which criteria they prefer. As for email blasts, I have found DV to be just as easy as our previous provider, but much less expensive.

Pros

There are several reasons why we chose DonorView (DV) as our CRM when making the choice to switch platforms. The first being that DV offered everything in one system. Previously we were using one software for email marketing, one for event management and one for our CRM. Although the CRM we were using did offer event management and email marketing it didn't meet our needs and didn't offer connection points that DV did. DV offered everything we needed in one platform. The second reason we chose DonorView was because of the usability. When pulling reports, mailing lists, or data, we found that we didn't need to know coding or complicated formulas, we just needed to know how to select a button. The pages are easy to understand and very user friendly. Plus if you have any questions they have videos that walk you through the different programs they offer. Which leads me to my final reason for selecting this program; enjoyable. I have found the staff at DV to be very enjoyable and helpful. Anytime I have had a question they respond quickly and professionally. They offer a solution and will walk me through the process .

Cons

I haven't found anything that is missing from this CRM. We have only been using less than a year, and when I think they are missing something, I call about it and they show me where I can do what I want.

Reasons for choosing DonorView

The variety of features. The pricing.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

We needed something that was more user friendly and more cost effective.

Nicole

Giving via DonorView

Pros

I primarily work with the financial options available in DonorView. Before using this software, we were using more than one software system to accomplish our needs, and by switching to DonorView, we were able to consolidate into one system instead. They have a text feature that allows your constituents to easily give via their phone. It is very user friendly as an administrator to process one-time gifts and/or set up monthly giving for your constituents. We also have a giving page on our website that links directly to our account with DonorView via their portal. On the giving page you have the option to set quick give buttons ($25, $50, $100, $500, etc.) or there is an "Other" button where the user can choose the amount they would like to give. You can also set up giving for a one-time gift or recurring gifts (with options of weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) Donors can create logins and save credit/debit cards to their profiles so that they don't have to enter that information for each gift. In closing, you have the option to email giving statements at the end of the year which makes it easy to send and quick for your constituents to receive. You can also send a personal letter with the giving statements if you wish.

Cons

The text-to-give feature brings up a form for the user to fill out in order to give. I know some text-to-give platforms offer the ability to just text the amount you want to give to the number instead of filling out a form every time. I think this is more of a personal preference for the user, but I can see how texting the number is quick and easy, where filling out a form takes a little extra time.

Lynne

DonorView is Fantastic! Exactly what we need.

We really like DonorView. We came from Giftworks and Paypal, and DonorView is incredible. The system is incredible smart and well thought out.

Pros

Donorview is extremely customizable. It is easy to input new constituents, and the fluidity in which the events, fundraising, and constituent modules interact is fantastic. We like that we can do survey's in the system itself and track responses. Reports are easy to pull. We also like that when we do encounter problems, customer support returns out email and helps out quickly during business hours. They have implemented features for us when we request and are happy to help in any way possible.

Cons

The biggest downside to DonorView is that support is only available during normal business hours. We do a lot of evening and weekend events, and support is not available then. I believe they do have a feature now where you can prearrange and pay to have someone available to assist in an emergency, but it is not standard. DonorView is also fabulous at implementing new feature requests, but they aren't great at telling you that they have done so! I have absolutely discovered by accident that something I requested was done.

Reasons for choosing DonorView

We liked that the system was somewhat customizable. The price was great. We also like how the different modules (constituent, fundraising and events) all automatically spoke with one another. There wasn't an additional add-on.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

We switched from Giftworks, and it was simply a horrible system to use. Clunky, no event/payment management functionality, wouldn't save information, only one user could use it at a time. The list is endless of why it was a bad software for us.

Aisling

Industry: Libraries

Donor Management Made Easy

Excellent!

Pros

DonorView is very user-friendly, which for me was one of the main selling points. Before moving to DonorView, we used a donor management system that was clunky, convoluted, and overall just too big for an organization like ours. DonorView made life a lot easier - combining a way to organize constituents better, maintain e-communication, run reports for metrics, and seamlessly fit with the look and feel of our website to attract more donors. The support is also top notch - when we have a question or a problem, the DonorView team is very communicative and committed to finding a solution. If we need fields added to profiles, etc. DonorView is very accommodating.

Cons

This is likely due to my own shortcomings rather than a flaw with DonorView (I am not trained in web design, etc.) but I sometimes have trouble with the e-mail templates. Like I previously mentioned, anytime I have a question or issue, the team helps me fix it promptly.

Reasons for choosing DonorView

At the end of the day, we wanted to be able to work flexibly with a donor management system that fulfilled our needs as a non-profit organization while providing the support we needed. DonorView has been A+ to work with.

Reasons for switching to DonorView

iMis was way too big for a small non-profit organization like ours. We were not able to run reports the way we wanted to, merge profiles, or do pretty much anything that DonorView allows us without incurring a cost, etc. It was a frustrating system to use.

Maren