• Pros

• "I like the simple, minimalist approach. User friendly and really great customer support. Has all the basic features a small organization needs"

• "Easy to use. Eventbrite Integration is very well done and allows us to set up multiple membership discounts for our Events."

• "Great support Deep set of integrations/automations In depth customizations for each feature/function/automation"

• Cons

• "Sometimes the website is slow and data entry takes a bit too long."

• "Software could use some more advanced reporting."

• "Some features, like a hard coded link to our web page, can not be removed from standard templates."

Browse Join It Reviews

Mike from TI:ME - Technology in Music Education

The Solution We Have Been Waiting For!

The initial attraction to Join It was the Eventbrite Integration. This is going to create big opportunities for us in creating and promoting events where memberships are included in the attendance cost. The ease of syncing with SurveyMonkey and EventBrite and MailChimp, and others is huge benefit. We rely on board member/committee member volunteers for our non-profit to assist me with various tasks, and letting them work with these services they are used to from other things they do in their lives is a huge plus. The initial best part of moving to Join It was the friendly, fast, and thorough assistance in migrating. We signed up for the Business plan, and it was money well-spent. It's so refreshing to find that. From the conference call explaining the service to me, to the migration itself, to helping me sort things out in the feature set, it has been delightful. I normally cringe at the thought of chat support. Not this time. We used another membership management company, they were not friendly or responsive, took a long time to reply, had no integrations, and a clunky user interface that looked like it was written in Cold Fusion in 2001. Firing them and taking Join It live for our members made my day.

Pros

It looks great, functions great, has all of the outside automated integrations we need, the pricing is very fair, and it is simply intuitive to use.

Cons

I don't have any least likes about it at this point.

Response from Join It

Replied April 2019

Thanks, Mike! It's been a pleasure working with you! We're appreciative that you chose to work with us! :)

April from Women in Digital - USA

The most amazing customer service I've ever had!

Their customer service is second to none and literally has kept me from pursuing other more robust platforms. I'll take a company that's willing to listen to their users over a huge name that has a few more bells and whistles but is unreachable and / or provides the standard "that's a great idea. I'll send it to our team. Maybe one day we'll do something about it."

Pros

They have listened to my feedback and actually implemented multiples of my suggestions! It's super-cool to see them shape the software based on our needs, and to hear back from a real person usually within 1-2 days. Otherwise the automations are great, and I love the custom admin fields.

Cons

Really needs to have a Zapier integration so that I can do more reporting and moving of data automatically. Also I'd love to see a referral system built for memberships...that's something NO ONE in the business has and it would be a huge selling point!

Response from Join It

Replied December 2018

Thanks, April! It's been wonderful working with you! :)

Jorge A from Burns & McDonnell

Industry: Utilities

Good Potential Membership APP

Very simple and good if you like minimalistic approach but high price for what you get.

Pros

Cons

Price is somewhat high compared to other full blown apps doing much more than joinit. To upload your members database you will need to submit manually to customer support. All other competing apps I have tried will do this automatically with your mapping input. Does not have webpage features, just very minimal and basic. Financial reports are lacking.

Reasons for Choosing Join It

I have not purchase joinIt yet. Strongly considering TidyHQ for better features and lower price.

Justin from PowellsWood Garden

Industry: Environmental Services

Finally a dedicated solution just to manage membership

Overall, we are very satisfied with this product. We have tried several other alternatives that we had to use all sorts of workarounds to achieve our goals. Join It is a streamline membership management solution.

Pros

My favorite feature of Join It is that it focuses on managing memberships. Many of the other CRM solutions we discovered provide 25 features, but are lacking on member management.

Cons

Sometimes the website is slow and data entry takes a bit too long.

Response from Join It

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Justin! It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and the PowellsWood Garden!

Scott from ENUSEC

Using Join it to manage society members

JoinIt allows us to use our data to accelerate our membership experience. The team has been super supportive and helpful with quick replies. Really feel like a valued customer.

Pros

JoinIt has been a fantastic asset since we first began using the product 2 years ago. It allows us to easily manage memberships without having to handle and document cash. The integrations is what really makes this platform, allowing us to use our membership data in meaningful ways.

Cons

A few more integrations and an API would allow us to really get the most out of JoinIt.

Response from Join It

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the kind words! It's been such a pleasure working with you! :) Looking forward to serving you for years to come!

Great support and a killer product. JoinIt really helps our club and our members.

Pros

When our fledgling club was looking for a billing tool to help us sign up members quickly, I found JoinIt during a frantic Google search session. It has been very impressive to see how fast the JoinIt product has grown over the last 15 months that my club has been using their product. It was very easy to get my plans added to the system, connect to Stripe then start taking sign ups. In under 15 minutes we had a page online for folks to join our club.

Cons

It would be great if the domain integration was more robust. Ideally we could actually use JoinIt to actually be our website, it is just so close. There are a few bugs yet with the Stripe integration, I am very happy to report that the founders do get it sorted out very quickly.

Response from Join It

Replied January 2018

Thank you for the kind words! And for being with us since the beginning! :)

Darrell from Help Alberta Wildies

Very pleased with the platform

While exploring the platform, the customer service was fast and courteous. Clearly, this team has spent a lot of time developing this system that works so well for a non-profit.

Pros

It totally manages enrolment of new members and is easy to navigate the membership data.

Cons

Havent found a con yet. So far, everything works as advertised.

Reasons for Choosing Join It

We found the price point more reasonable for our purposes, and liked the platform better.

Response from Join It

Replied October 2019

Thank you for the very kind review, Darrell! Working with Organizations like Help Alberta Wildies is why Join It exists! :)

Mary from United Arts of Central Florida

Membership Made Easy

It was so exciting to see the first renewal payment come in, from a reminder notice, and the person even upgraded their membership! Reminders are something I didnt have time for and the software has made this automatic. I also have to say that the customer service is incredible, even on the free version. The tech support staff get back to you quickly with thoughtful and detailed advice for whatever problem youre experiencing, and tailor it to your situation. This is really surprising for a free product.

Pros

Im volunteering for a tiny nonprofit, and love how easy Joinit is to learn and use, even with the very limited time I have for volunteering. I also really like the attractive layout. Both differentiated it from the other programs I looked at, which were clunky/unattractive and seemed complicated to onboard. I love that I can set up a varied membership structure (ours is pretty complex) that allows our members lots of options.

Cons

I think the address should be an available field in the free version. (You can import/export addresses, but not edit them on screen.) Its a standard field all membership organizations use, and collected at the point of sale. However, the pricing is reasonable enough that I am optimistic that new memberships will soon make the paid version pay for itself.

Response from Join It

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the kind words, Mary! It's a pleasure serving your organization!

Diana from Belmont Heights Community Association

Perfect Membership Management Software for Novices and Experts Alike

We were exploring various membership management software systems and Join It met all of our needs at a price that was reasonable. The site was easy to become familiar with and was laid out in a clean and visually streamlined manner. There are enough options to customize things but not so many that it is overwhelming for people who do not have experience with membership management systems. I highly recommend this for all types of companies, whether you are a non-profit or a for-profit business.

Pros

Visually clean page that is easy to use for members of all ages Ease of use and navigation Layout of tools Very responsive customer service department Reasonably priced Streamlined with other services such as Survey Monkey, Constant Contact, etc.

Cons

I have no cons at this point and would recommend this product.

Reasons for Choosing Join It

Price, positive customer service experience, ease of use.

Response from Join It

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's been a pleasure working with you so far, and we look forward to collaborating even more!

Casey from Sick Puppies Comedy

Awesome membership integration for Eventbrite

Makes my life easier by recurring charges to customers adding discount codes and making it easy to do so.

Pros

It takes out the double work of adding discount codes to all of my events when a person subscribes to multiple events. Perfect for someone who hosts multiple events where a season subscriber is paying a recurring membership fee outside of eventbrite and needs access to multiple shows.

Cons

There are some potential options that seem very close to happening. Like an integration to analyze how many times a customer is using the code? Customer activity.

Bruce from National Minority Council

Right price for the features we actually use. Very easy and user-friendly interface.

Our organization became more organized and felt more comfortable paying for the direct value that we were receiving.

Pros

We spent years using another membership management solution -- paying full price when we really only used two or three pieces of the product. We came across Join It through the ticketing and event management platform that we used. The fact that Join It integrated with the web apps that we already were using was a huge plus, e.g. MailChimp and Eventbrite, but the price point is what sold us. Relative to the other options out there, Join It seemed to provide the best value. We've loved it so far!

Cons

We've encountered one or two bugs as we became power users of their Eventbrite and MailChimp integrations. While the bugs were a source of frustrations temporarily, the team was responsive and helpful in finding a resolution.

Response from Join It

Replied January 2018

Thanks for the kind words, Bruce! It's a pleasure working with you.

Maha from RSCN

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

An online Membership database replaces an internal standalone one

I have no comments.

Pros

Join It online is really amazing and has a proper size; it's not huge and easy to try! It is comfortable to use instead of my internal old database at office. I'm trying to test it more than two months. Its so different between the old and this one! I would love to support you with any ideas. I hope you will develop and enhance the system even more. Its good that there are Arabic and English fonts. Of course thank you very much for supporting non-profits organization :-)

Cons

1. JOD currency is not available, I wish to add it as an option in order to support the processing of membership due in different currencies in the world. Because we are in Jordan and working at RSCN since 1966, and we are required to offer our membership online. 2. There is no an interface to allow us to design and edit the pages. we hope to develop it with your help.

Danielle from Cuyahoga Valley Art Center

Wonderful Product, Exactly What We Have Been Looking For

Jumped OUT of DonorPerfect. It was complicated and did more than we needed. Join It meets our needs exactly and offers wonderful integrations for future growth and use.

Pros

This is the most user friendly membership management program I have ever seen.

Cons

Nothing thus far. Everything seems to be user friendly.

Response from Join It

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Danielle! It's a pleasure working with you and the Cuyahoga Valley Art Center!

Kate from Brightside Up

Just started and already love it

We've been tracking our members in spreadsheets, notebooks, homemade access databases for years. Such a pain! We recently revamped our website and started using Eventbrite, which integrates with Join It. SUCH a difference in member management. The automation and renewal features are amazing! Certainly making my life easier.

Pros

Automation features and renewal reminders

Cons

Had to open a Stripe account instead oof using paypal

Response from Join It

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Kate! It's a pleasure working with you and the Brightside Up community! We look forward to supporting you!

John from Kerauno

Great Tool to Manage our Young Professional Membership Group

Amazing support has kept our group with Join.it!

Pros

Cons

Software could use some more advanced reporting.

Response from Join It

Replied April 2019

Much appreciated, John! It's a pleasure supporting you. :)

Camilla from Association of Phoenix Marketing Professionals

After evaluating many other solutions, we're happy with the simplicity and functionality of Join It!

Helped me track my members and automate processes (like sending expiration notices and renewal reminders)

Pros

We appreciate Join It for it's ease-of-user and intuitive user interface. Also, because we're only a medium-sized non-profit we like how affordable their options are.

Cons

Currently, Join It doesn't provide a Content Management Solution as a part of their service, so we have to use WordPress instead.

Response from Join It

Replied January 2018

Thank you, Camilla! It's a pleasure working with you!

Carl from Become A Billinaire Club

Excellent program

Easy to set up a membership site!

Pros

Cost, ease of use, functionality, accessibility.

Cons

Sorry, it has been great, thanks to their help.

Response from Join It

Replied October 2019

It's been a pleasure working with you, Carl! Welcome aboard! :)

Jean-Philippe from Gnration d'ides

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Simple and intuitive, we can now easily manage our membership and stay in touch with ours members.

We once used Spreadsheets that needed to be continuously updated and checked to look for renewal dates. This was laborious and we often forgot to remind our members to renew their membership. In the end, we lost many members. With Join It, all this is now automated and everything from membership management to payment is done in the same tool.

Pros

- Programmable automatic renewal reminder emails; - Integrations with MailChimp and EventBrite; - Nice admin dashboard that quickly shows last actions (new member, reminder sent, payment received);

Cons

Potential improvements could be in making more advanced features/actions a bit more visible while still keeping the general product simple and intuitive.

Response from Join It

Replied May 2017

Thanks, Jean-Philippe! It's been a pleasure working with you and supporting Gnration d'ides!

Ewen from Revolution Running

Excellent software for collecting payments, organizing and tracking members

Pros

Made it very easy for us to track and collect payments from our Annual Members. We were using PayPal to collect monthly payments but the ability to track members was lacking there so we switched to Join it.

Response from Join It

Replied February 2018

It's been a pleasure supporting you, Ewen! Congrats on the continued success of Revolution Running!

Fantastic. Saves me employing a member of staff for membership management!

Time savings and cost savings.

Pros

This software is so easy to set up and use. Makes it easy to keep track of members and makes mailings simple.

Cons

I'm not sure yet about how to send invitations to prospective members. The instructions on how to do so are not obvious.

Response from Join It

Replied May 2018

Thanks so much! :)

John from Tampa Area Naturists

Great membership startup

JoinIt makes member self sign up and self pay convenient. This saves processing time.

Pros

Free version & ease of use saves time with membership processing.

Cons

Address & phone fields missing from free version.

Response from Join It

Replied March 2019

Thanks, John! It's a pleasure working with you! :)

Kevin from The Luxury Life

Great service! Easy to use!

Pros

User-friendly. Not complicated to use. Great customer service! The Join It team is very responsive when replying to questions.

Response from Join It

Replied February 2018

Thanks for the kind words on our service, Kevin! It's a pleasure supporting you and your organization! :)