All RecDesk Reviews

Tara

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

RecDesk works perfectly for our Department's needs!

We have very pleased with the ease of this product, and our residents/ participants love the convenience and flexibility it has brought for registering for our department's programs and events.

PROS

It is easy to train staff on how to use it, if we have a question it's answered in a very timely manner, there is no cost for upgrades, and we get emails or pop-ups announcing new modules or upgrades.

CONS

When we move a participant to a new program their forms disappear, and for new participants they sometimes find the category selection on their "view" homepage to be a challenge.

Julie

Reviewed February 2024

Rec Desk 2024

PROS

The ease of learning the program, the ease of using the program.

CONS

At this point I don't have any issues that cause me to have a dislike.

Laurie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Rec Deck Review

I overall like recdesk, its fairly easy to navigate.

PROS

I like that its user friendly when you actually know the website, initially its pretty confusing. It helps streamline our programs which is very benefitial.

CONS

Rec Deck is missing alot of features that seem fairly standard with any program and we have put in requests to get things added/ new features added with no success or follow up.

Lisa

Recreational Facilities and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Couldn't Live Without It!

Our experience with RecDesk has been phenomenal. I can't imagine anyone having better customer service. The RecDesk team is always so patient even when I ask the dumbest questions. New enhancements are always rolling out, and they always take into consideration improvements you would like to see. A++

PROS

The ease of online registration is the best! I can't imagine going back to pen and paper. It's so easy to get practice/game schedules to everyone. Rescheduling a rain out is literally the click of a button. Drafting teams is so easy along with immediately being able to give coaches a team roster.

CONS

Everything is pretty great although I wish there was a RecDesk app!

Reason for choosing RecDesk

RecDesk team was very patient answering any and all questions. They were never pushy. The learning curve was much easier with RecDesk as well.

Beverly

The Great RecDeck

My overall experience is it provides great quality of conduct with each person accounting for as well as detailed information about that person.

PROS

I like the way RecDesk provide the information needed for participants and staff in case of any emergency. The fact that you keep and accurate number of everyone that enters the building.

CONS

The least thing about RecDesk is sometimes it duplicates the same person with the same information.

Keisha

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

RecDesk Fan!

Great experience thus far...great customer service.

PROS

The convenience of online registration and credit/debit card payment for our working parents.

CONS

I am waiting for upgrades that will allow us to drill down and get more specific and detailed reports in regards to members/membership.

Reason for choosing RecDesk

It had much more to offer in the way of reporting and ease of operation for our parents.

Liz

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

RecDesk to the Rescue

We are happy with the product! It ensures our classes are accessible and trackable for our participants and staff.

PROS

It is cost effective and does everything that we need to keep our organization's programs organized on the front and back end.

CONS

Some of the backend is clunky. For instance, I can only search by last name as far as members and that sometimes is problematic.

Lauren

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

User friendly for both admin and users

PROS

RecDesk is really simple and easy to use from both the standpoint of the administrator and the user. It has many great functions that are helpful for exporting and organizing data.

CONS

One downside is that RecDesk is not as visually appealing/up to date as other sites in terms of graphics and visuals.

Julie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

My RecDesk Review

I have been using it for just over 6 months and I do struggle from time to time looking for what I need, and often times I need to tell the customer or member to be patient with me because at times I needed to go through several other steps to get to what I wanted.

PROS

I like that I am able to see and provide information for our members when they ask.

CONS

It takes going through several steps sometimes to get the results I want.

Sam

RecDesk for Pickens Parks and Recreation

My overall experience with RecDesk has been pleasant. On a scale of 1 through 10, I would give it an 8.

PROS

RecDesk has tremendously helped us with registration, scheduling, and making things easier for our community. Having the ability to take online registration and payments has made for easier and more participants within our programs.

CONS

So far, the only issue I have run into is sending out bulk emails. Sometimes the system and my email do not like to work together and can make for sending the emails complicated.

Laura

Review from Office Manager at Lyons Recreation Department

Overall it's a great program and there is a lot that can be customized to our liking.

PROS

There are several things about the software that I do like. Some of the Program/League features are a little easier than CivicPlus..

CONS

I really do NOT like that our patrons can't make partial payments on their rentals and/or sports fees if they are paying online at home or on the go.

Reason for choosing RecDesk

It was a group effort among our Rec Dept, Financial staff, and Recreation Staff.

Reasons for switching to RecDesk

Difficulties with their vendors/software for our merchant services and their compatibility with our equipment.

Cynthia

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2022

RecDesk for State Parks & Recreation Agency

RecDesk prioritizes customer service and innovation. They understand parks and recreation agencies and the special challenges they face. We purchased RecDesk to fulfill one simple task - manage a food truck rental system for our state parks and recreation agency. Over our first three years with RecDesk, it's become an essential tool integrated into almost every facet of our agency.

PROS

From my earliest research into cloud-based solutions for our state parks and recreation agency, I was impressed by the customer support at RecDesk. Three years later, their support team remains outstanding - quick to respond, extremely helpful, very smart. The features of RecDesk that caused us to choose them included membership options, document management, calendar management, invoicing, internal task management, facility management, and many other features. RecDesk enabled us to modernize our parks and recreation agency, which had previously conducted most of its business on paper. I retired recently but know that the agency continues to use RecDesk and has extended their contract.

CONS

RecDesk makes regular upgrades to its software, so many of the features I'd hoped to see have already been instituted (and they're great about taking suggestions for future upgrades). The area where we requested the greatest number of upgrades was in the flex form area, because we used it so heavily for special use permits.

Reason for choosing RecDesk

The membership feature and pricing.

Donna

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

We LOVE RecDesk!

RecDesk reduced the amount of time spent duplicating information between our website, facility scheduling, and programs. It has been a game changer for our center and has drastically reduced our staff hours to allow us to grow in other areas.

PROS

We have used online registration and facility management software for over 14 years and RecDesk does it all and with ease! There was seamless integration, and extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and responsive help staff from the beginning of the process to present. We have trained numerous staff with this product over the years and the simple, well explained easy to follow system makes it a product anyone can master in a very short window of time.Prior to RecDesk, we had two different programs: one for our website and one for registrations, facility scheduling, and program information. RecDesk changed all that for the better and reduced duplication and extra time. We now create a program in RecDesk which is automatically integrated online to our RecDesk website and gets scheduled into our facility - all at the same time! No more duplication or extra time needed. The process to duplicate a program with the click of a box and quick change of the title is so quick and easy to do for programs that run month after month or year after year. A real time savings! To be able to update any program or scheduling contact on our website in house is another much needed service that our previous programs did not provide.

CONS

I wish we could update our website layout without having to reach out to RecDesk help staff.Also wish we could import data from the family accounts to the coaching/instructor accounts because most of our coaches are mom or dads of our players and we have to manually enter the data for a coach's account.

Lisa

Reviewed August 2017

Makes my job so much easier!!

PROS

This software allows our department to stay organized in a way we never could before. I love the fact that I can access it from my phone when I am outside at a ball field needing to check a schedule or book a practice for someone. It is so much easier for me to organize my leagues-- attaching birth certificates to our members, attaching concussion certification to our coaches, seeing how many participants have registered at any given time. The compliments are endless. The customer service is superb! Super quick to answer emails or phone calls. If there is something you want this software to do that it doesn't, it gets added to a list of possible future enhancements. Our department needed something added a couple of years ago. In less than a week, the enhancement was made just because we asked. We used the free trial when we first began and never looked back!

Thanks Lisa - we love hearing this feedback and it validates the efforts we put forward every day to push platform forward every day to make life easier for our clients.

Replied August 2017

Anne

Performing Arts, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Wonderful for our city to organize parks and rec, a youth center, and an arts center all in one place!

It has been great overall I have to say. We really needed a way to offer credit card sales both in person and online to our patrons and this has worked seamlessly. Soon we are going to add a Sparxo account that will connect to our RecDesk for ticket sales. Now that the arts center is fully open we are ready to use this function by offering tickets online for shows.

PROS

I appreciate the ability I have to schedule events in multiple facilities inside of the arts center, they can overlap, and being able to both print the calendar and export the events into different files is essential. The POS system has been essential for the arts center, we now use it for every event we hold to sell merchandise and concessions.

CONS

In the reports tab, I would really like to have a report for option for POS only. There are times I simply need a report of the POS sales without any of the other data. Sometimes it takes a while for me to locate certain items because there are so many tabs at the top. Perhaps narrowing down those top tabs into more subcategories would be more helpful for me personally.

Reviewed August 2018

A Parks and Recreation Software Solution That's Sure to Help You Stay Organized!

RecDesk is a reliable and useful collection of tools that will help any Parks and Recreation Department provide the highest quality of service to the patrons of their community.

PROS

RecDesk is extremely helpful in bringing any Parks and Recreation department into the 21st-Century with a suite of services & tools that will help you come into the digital age. From online registrations, to great POS options, this program is an all-in-one solution to your managament woes!

CONS

While RecDesk will be there for you every step of the way to help you learn the in's and out's of their system, it might prove difficult for some to brave the learning curve the software asks for to fully take advantage of everyhting it has to offer.

Sheryl

Recreational Facilities and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Pawtucket, RI uses RecDesk

We enjoy using this product and it has helped to streamline our operations within the Recreation Department in our city. The customer service staff is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and patient when we call for assistance.

PROS

It is very user friendly and the tabs are clearly defined for usage

CONS

sometimes options are hidden within other tabs and unless you know the program well, you have to search a bit

Tina