• Pros

• "Overall a very good product reasonably priced and very good customer service"

• "Ease of use, great customer service, easy for customers and super Intuitive."

• "I like that the software allows for us to schedule and book lessons, rentals, and more with ease. It is nice that the calendar view helps us see and access sessions directly from that same view."

• Cons

• "Would love for more features and reporting to be rolled out faster."

• "Honestly, nothing at this point. We are still learning more and more as we develop our programs but for every question relating to our programs, Upper Hand has been up to the task."

• "Functionality could be boosted for our industry, a few work around a here and there."

Browse Upper Hand Reviews

Tina from Buck Fastpitch Academy

Buck Fastpitch Academy Review of Upper Hands Sports Software

Overall, we have been extremely happy with our customer service experience with Upper Hand. They are great to work with, and are always so quick to answer questions or fix software bugs. I don't know how I would have grown my business success without the Upper Hand software and their team!

Pros

I love the camp/clinic registration feature, as it significantly helps reduce time I spend processing registrations and payments. Additionally, I love the messaging feature, as it allows me to send mass marketing e-mails and messages to our entire team of athletes, parents and coaches. Lastly, I love that I am able to access Upper Hand through the mobile app, as I am always on the go and often need to be able to schedule or process a payment when I am away from my computer.

Cons

The software is sometimes not very intuitive for the client. I often have clients contact me, because they are struggling with the scheduling feature, as they are not able to easily access their lessons credits or past scheduled lessons. It would be great if they would be able to view all past and upcoming events, as well as their total number of remaining event credits on their dashboard after signing into the mobile app. And while I love the messaging feature on the app, I wish it was better visually designed and would allow you insert graphics and change font size and style. Lastly, while I was thrilled with the latest upgrade that sends out automated reminders, I was bummed that this is only offered to those who upgrade their accounts to the next level. When I first purchased the Upper Hand software, this was one of the initial features included in the membership. I would love to see this feature included for all membership types.

Rob from Smith Baseball Academy

UpperHand review

Customer support is fine. No complaints.

Pros

Saves me time scheduling sessions. Saves me time processing payments.

Cons

The way our sessions are set-up makes it a bit difficult to customize the software events and scheduling. I spend a lot of time helping our clients work with the app. My coaches don't like the calendar view. It would be great if there was a client facing calendar of our events prior to client purchase. There are limitations on the scheduling side.

Jiselle from Miracle League of Corpus Christi

So convenient!

The entire process has been easy from the initial request for information, to setting up our programs and events. Would definitely recommend their software!

Pros

Being a non-profit that is focused on many aspects, this software helps me in each one. The many programs we run, employee tracking, and in the near future, facility management. You aren't really limited to what you can do with this software. If it isnt something they currently do, they are open to any and all ideas to make it even more user friendly. Whatever makes it easier for us!

Cons

The only downside is some of the small things that we arent able to customize ourselves, as far as special questions in the account creation process. Since they are always updating and coming up with ideas, Im sure it will happen soon.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi there Jiselle, We appreciate the kind words! We're thrilled to hear that Upper Hand has worked out for you and has helped manage your programs and staff. It's always humbling to hear how we're able to make our customers' lives easier. We're also happy that you have found the software very customizable and flexible - that is music to our ears! We put a lot of work into hearing our customers' feedback, so we're glad to hear it's serving its purpose and helping you out. Have a great day, and thanks for the review!

Brandon from Atlet Sports

Regretting Leaving MindBody

Pros

The ability to create a unique platform specific to our business needs. Merchant fee for credit card transactions is favorable as well.

Cons

At our business we are constantly booking clients. We have a mix of repeat and new customers but for the most part we know when were seeing clients and classes. The fact that we still cannot make recurring events possible is ridiculous. I should not have to time out of each day to book a client, whom I have had at the same time and date for over 6 months, over and over again. Its been promised for Q1 for 2020 but that was after Q3 and Q4 of 2019 fell through so we will see. The mobile app continues to either crash or run extremely slow regardless of cell service or WiFi connectivity. Its a coin flip whether Ill be able to complete a purchase or book an event with out the window dropping. The desktop version is better but were not in front desk all day. Functionality seems so circuitous to perform simple tasks like deleting or rescheduling events. I have to find the three vertical dots on one side of the screen then the window populates on the other side to do quick pay or reschedule. If I want to delete I have to search for the specific client rather than doing it through the calendar view where I can actually see the event Im deleting/rescheduling in the context of my day. In order to reschedule I have click view session then find three vert dots. View event doesnt seem to do anything. Now imagine trying to train employees who dont have the knowledge of this platform on how to use this.

CHRIS from FURTHER DCKC HOLDINGS LLC D/B/A SOGILITY

Great Support, Developing Product

We have a facility with multiple zones, with different thigns going on in them depending on the day , and even hour. The software helps us keep everything staffed, organized, and paid.

Pros

We like how easily we can add and change things and how it tailors well to our use case. The team is also very responsive and the software continues to improve.

Cons

Reporting needs to be stronger and more actionable.

Shanel from Competitive Edge

Upper Hand for facility owners

The pricing is steep in comparison to the features.

Pros

I love the ease of setting up programs and clinics. The software is great for creating clinics with easy to understand prompts.

Cons

The software features are not robust enough to manage a facility. The reporting function lacks features to easily capture daily sales. The mobile reports feature doesn't exist. The software is great for clinics but cumbersome for recurring classes and front desk check in.

Peter from Elite Basketball Training

Upper hand Review

Overall I have had a very good experience with upper hand their customer service support is extremely efficient

Pros

Overall a very good product reasonably priced and very good customer service

Cons

I think the software overall is very good with constant upgrades

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi Peter, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to hear your positive feedback about our product, customer support, and constant upgrades. We put a lot of work into those areas, so we're glad to hear it's serving the purpose! Have a great day!

Josh from Dynamic Sports Training

Industry Value Where Its Needed Most

Our move to Upper Hand has been very good, overall. We're spending less money for better functionality with their software. They're on an upward trajectory and have continued to come out with new iterations and functions that improve the user experience (both our staff and our clients).

Pros

The customer service. No software or platform is going to be a perfect match for what your company needs. Where Upper Hand has been most beneficial to DST is through their partnership with me and my team. Whenever something has been confusing, deficient, or lackluster from our perspective, their team has made every effort to fix, communicate, and better their software to tailor it to our specific needs.

Cons

Any time you switch software or learn a new platform, there is going to be a learning curve. It was no different with Upper Hand. There have been some frustrations getting everyone on the team educated and up to speed with the platform and functions, but nothing that wouldn't be expected.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi Josh, WOW! Thank you for taking the time to write up such a positive review. Hearing how Upper Hand has helped DST and about your positive experience is what we thrive to accomplish!! We look forward to our continued partnership with you and your team!!

James from Sogility

Sogility UH

Im happy with the willingness to take constructive feedback.

Pros

The features that I like most are the ability to create needed events & the new features to switch users or trainers.

Cons

Scheduling view for the clients. Ability to obtain needed data.

Donny from Alchemy Sports Facility

Thanks UH

Excellent, super easy to easy and intuitive..great people at UH

Pros

Ease of use, great customer service, easy for customers and super Intuitive.

Cons

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hey Donny! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate the customer service and find it easy for your customers to use. However, we're sorry to hear that the functionality could be boosted for your industry, and we'd like to learn more about the specifics that could be improved for your use case(s)! I've shared for your feedback with our team and they will be reaching out in hopes of scheduling a product feedback call. Thank you again for your candid feedback and have a great day!

Myles from DBAT

Feedback

UpperHand support has been outstanding. We are new to the system, but any questions we have had are quickly and easily answered by the support system here. I like that, even though we are new, I feel like we will get answers quickly to help us operate efficiently and provide that quality care to our customers.

Pros

Cons

It is frustrating with the payment set up. It is difficult that the way a session is booked also completely dictates how payment is done. For example, if someone wants to schedule say 8 weeks of lessons. If we book it one by one, as 8 individual sessions, payment is set up as 8 individual payments. So they come in and say, "Oh I'm paying for all of this at once". We then have to physically go in to each event and pay those out individually. That is annoying and time consuming, but that is the less cumbersome of the outcomes. In the other way, lets say we book someone for 8 sessions and set it up as 8 sessions in the system. Then the client comes in and says "I'd like to just pay for tonight". We can't even do that. We would have to delete the entire event and re book it as individual sessions because the payment would be set up where it wants the entire session paid for all at once. It would be awesome if we could just pay for what they want and the event would mark it as such. Something where we click what is being paid for and the system holds the balance or lets us know what is still unpaid or needs to be paid would help a lot.

Chris from Field of dreams indoor practice facility

Their support is 2nd to none!

When I was in the process of considering software programs to power our indoor facility's lesson scheduling I reviewed three different companies. After considering the functionality and going through the original online meeting with the personnel from upper hand it was quite clear to me which would best serve my needs. At the time, I didn't even know how good their support network was but having called upon that several times I can attest that it would have been the number one reason for choosing upper hand.

Pros

Their customer support is beyond what you can expect. I reached out to Mike service representative on a Sunday evening recently and she helped me work through an issue that enabled me to find The names of kids on teams in a hitting league. I cannot believe she answered my question on a Sunday evening !!!

Cons

It can be a little bit cumbersome for the first time user but once the customers become accustomed to the software and the app, then the problem goes away.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied May 2018

Thanks for the review Chris!

Matt from Power Alley Baseball Academy

Tons of potential. Powerful software for what you pay. Needs some tweaking in areas on admin side.

Pros

The ability to create events and set a schedule is great. Inviting new clients is easy and from my customer feedback it sounds like registering is a pretty easy process.

Cons

On the admin side there tends to be some areas that take a few too many steps to complete a process. Whether it's changing details in an event, or simply trying to see who is registered for event, it tends to be a much longer process than it should be to retrieve or adjust the information. A quick pull up on the calendar of who the attendee(s) are for an event would be nice. The process to find that information now is quite time consuming and can be frustrating. There's seems to be bugs in random stuff you do. Having events randomly not show up in the calendar can be frustrating. Double booking has never been an issue as the system still reflects the proper availability for an instructor, but on the admin side, I need to see the schedule in full detail.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Matt! Since you posted this review, we have solved most of the issues that you have listed! Below are the updates: 1. Easy attendee view from the calendar 2. Simple event check-in drawer 3. Weekly calendar view and customizable calendar columns 4. Ability to "clone" events so that you can easily duplicate/edit existing events We're always working to address bugs as well, so with more specifics on that, we can certainly get them cleaned up. Thanks again for the feedback!

Brett from Impact

Frustrating

Pros

I like the concept of what they are trying to do. I really believe there's a need for it and was sold from the beginning from the sales and marketing team who told me everything or software could do. Also their customer service is very good, they have a support team that gets back to you quickly which is always great, but I think they are overwhelmed.

Cons

I'm really not one to complain, but this experience has been very frustrating. Like trying to hang onto a greased pig. Especially trying to get to the root of the problem-- it's really difficult to do and feels like you have to fight to get real answers. For every camp or clinic we post, there seems to be some bug that customers can't figure out. And I can't help but feel that the upper hand team is blaming that on the customer or on us rather than taking steps to eliminate recurring confusion. I feel like to the upper hand team, any issues are no big deal as their development team is working to fix them.. but those issues end up being hours and hours for me having to bring those customers back around and get them manually signed up. Additionally, when I was sold on the program, they showed me functionality that would be useful in facets more than just camp sign-ups. Lesson sign-ups, memberships, crm And some others. Just having those would have made the software pay for itself by canceling other software's. However, once we started, we found that those other functionalities did not have the features we needed to be able to use them. I think the software has tons of potential and could be very useful, but I think it needs another one or two years of development with close customer feedback. I don't think it's worth it to pay for it as it is now, I think there are better options. Just my two cents, happy to discuss my experience

Response from Upper Hand

Replied May 2018

Thanks for your review Brett and we are sorry about your experience using Upper Hand. You definitely hit some bugs as we transitioned into a new interface, and we'd love to show you the new platform after implementing your feedback.

Ashleigh from TRAINED2GO Soccer Academy

Great Software for Small Business

Overall UpperHand has done its best to provide a great service and cater to my companys specific needs

Pros

- Customer support is unmatched - Account manager very helpful and communicative - Love the features

Cons

- Features are sometimes hard to figure how to use on own

Sarah from Blue Collar Basketball, LLC.

Customer service is second to none. The Upperhand team is knowledgeable and always willing to help.

Pros

As a small basketball organization, Upperhand software has provided a platform for our clients to register for our training online, as well as schedule their sessions and keep track of their payments. As a result, we have become more organized in tracking the payments we receive. We have also been able to build a database of clients and can streamline our communication with them through the software.

Cons

As with any software, we as an organization have to monitor and update payment and scheduling information through the Upperhand system. For example, if an athlete forgets to schedule his/her training session, we have to go in and manually schedule it for them. Otherwise, their credit will not be deducted from their account.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review and your continued support, Sarah!

John A from Modern Goalkeeper

Modern Goalkeeper LOVES UPPER HAND

LOVE IT

Pros

FUNCTIONALITY EASE OF USE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Cons

SOME PARENTS HAVE TROUBLE USING IT, MAYBE MAKE IT EASIER TO USE

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi John, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to hear your positive feedback about our product and customer service. It's been a pleasure working with you over the years! Have a great day!

brad from D-BAT Solon

Great

Scheduling is very easy to use in this software

Pros

The software has improved tremendously, and is a great tool for a baseball & softball training facility. The software is easy to use, and very user friendly.

Cons

The software needs to be tied to gift cards and the cash drawer. This is very important. Need better reports too. Inventory management - making inventory adjustments - needs to be easier.

Jason from DBAT Chattanooga

DBAT Chattanooga

My overall experience has been the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered in the business world because of lack of training. You sent a person to train us who was here 4 days and did not even know about the DBAT hub with the tutorials and articles. I asked every day, is there not any written material or hand outs we can print off that explains this training and the answer was no! We were honestly trained on about 2% of the system and that was suspect as we have since found the way we were trained to put members in was incorrect and have had to redo all that were put in. We found the hub upper hand training tutorial by chance after the trainer was gone and have basically had to train ourselves on how to use the entire system and it has been extremely frustrating! There is not enough support staff to serve us as a user. When we have issues it is difficult to get a response from upperhand the same day and no phone support offered is awful as not everything can be handled by email 2-3 days later!

Pros

The features that are available for all the services we provide.

Cons

- Almost zero training for me and our staff. - Minimal phone support when have issues from lack of training - the calendar schedule events and the pos system does not talk to each other when paid from pos it doesnt update calendar and shows unpaid even though was paid. - if have to manually discount an event it still shows unpaid in calendar.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Jason, First off, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're really sorry that the initial training didn't meet your expectations - clearly, we fell short, and we apologize. We are working hard to right the ship with your frustrations, and hope that having our staff on site at your facility over the next two days will help gain back the trust of you and your staff. The last thing we want to do is let our customers down, and moving forward, we're going to do everything in our power to hold ourselves to that standard. Thanks again for your feedback.

Mackenzie from MacRoc Soccer Academy

MacRoc Soccer Review

Overall it is great if we can diminish/decrease the occurrences of glitches/issues within the software.

Pros

Honestly, I do not know where my business would be without UpperHand. It has been such an asset when organizing our clients, calendars, reports ect.

Cons

Quite too often, the software has glitches and errors that keep us from conducting business at the times we would like to. In time, they are always fixed, but it does put a dent in what we do from the admin side as well as the cliental side and it is quite frustrating.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi Mackenzie, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're ecstatic to hear that you don't know where MacRoc would be without our software!! Here at Upper Hand, we are committed to providing the best client experience. We are aware of some of the glitches you've experienced and are glad we've been able to rectify them quickly. Our Engineers are committed to reducing any product instability to eliminate this moving forward. Thank you again for the review and have a great day!

Ahmed from Inner Circle Sports

Customer Friendly

I am really able to streamline my activity and track my clients.

Pros

It was very Easy to use. Within minutes I felt comfortable.

Cons

There was really Nothing to dislike. I like the product completely.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi Ahmed, Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Upper Hand. We are thrilled to Upper Hand is working well for you and that you find it easy to use - our main goal! Have a great day and thank you again!

Ryan from Inside Edge Hockey

Upper Hand a great tool

My experience has been tremendous and the support stand has been more than I could have asked for.

Pros

Upperhands ease of use and ability to fit our dynamic workflow.

Cons

The software would increase in value by a better integration of features with one another.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi Ryan, We appreciate the kind words! We're thrilled to hear our software fits into your business workflows and is easy to use - both things we aim to achieve. We'd love to hear more about which software features you'd like to see better integrated together, and will reach out in hopes of scheduling a call. Have a great day!

Brian from Longball Hitting Academy

Terrible customer service

Overall experience has been not good. The concept is great and there are some good things that it does but overall it runs bad. The program is very glitchy and there are alot of bugs. The app also runs horribly. It is not user friendly and can be confusing for clients to sign up and book lessons. The worst part about this companies product is their customer service. Its takes forever for them to respond and their is not 24hr support. They are based on east coast and my Academy is on west coast. Ive had major issue come up about their system and I have nobody that can help me. They are also non existent on the weekends. Very very frustrating!

Pros

I can have all the profiles of my clients and I loved the idea of the mobile app

Cons

How the software runs and their customer service

Response from Upper Hand

Replied July 2019

Hi Brian, Thanks for your review, and I'm sorry to hear you feel we've fallen short on our service. We do our best to support customers in all time zones, however, our support is not 24/7, nor do we promote that. We are happy to set up scheduled calls with customers outside of normal support hours and do so frequently. If there is anything else we can do to improve your experience with Upper Hand, please let us know so we can address them as soon as possible. -TW

George from Striker Elite Soccer

The Support is 2nd to None!

I wanted to find a software program that would not only free up my time on the soccer field but to offer the convenience for families to schedule and pay for sessions on-line. Their customer service is the #1 reason why I continue to work them as a partner. I specifically work with our rep, who is by far been my right hand person for my business! UpperHand has exceeded my expectations as a partner and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Pros

Camp registration saved us valuable time and money. The ability to pay my trainers directly from the software program. The software and website are easy to navigate internally and the feedback we received from the customer's side has only been positive.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to add waiver's online.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied May 2018

Thanks for the review George!

Barry from Fairfax Football Academy

Mostly good, some functions were not intuitively found

Pros

It allows me, Not be a money collector at my training sessions. I also like the reports. They are becoming increasingly useful

Response from Upper Hand

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review, Barry!

Donnie from D-BAT Pearl

D-BAT Pearl

Overall I am very pleased with the system.

Pros

I like the scheduling the best. Easy to set up new events.

Cons

Point of sale could. The credit card machine has been a problem. Would like to see some work on the way we send emails.

Justin from Sandlot Baseball Academy

Software Review

Pros

The ease of use for both the customer and employee perspective.

Cons

The flexibility from the schedule page. A current big miss is the drag and drop feature for events as well as the ability to cancel classes or customers from a class directly from the schedule.

Ronnie from RGBasketball Academy

Puts administrative tasks in the palm of your hand

Great product! It allows you to set things up and get it out to the public in minutes. Your clients have the convenience of registering at any place and on any device.

Pros

I can set everything up without having major computer expertise.

Cons

The software offer more flexibility.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied May 2018

Thanks for the review Ronnie!

John from D-BAT Bothell

Out customers love it!

It's a critical tool that we rely on daily.

Pros

The user experience is top notch. It's a breeze for our customers to schedule their own lessons and camp attendance.

Cons

Would love for more features and reporting to be rolled out faster.

Sandi from D-BAT

New User

Being a new user we are still figuring out the system and find it difficult to "undo" some of the problems we are running in to. Customer Support has been great about helping us with work arounds and more importantly, escalating problems that aren't fixable to the design team to see if they can implement some needed changes.

Pros

It provides a means to keep our appointments organized.

Cons

It doesn't let you manipulate much for our specific need.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi Sandi, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear that you have had a great experience with our support staff. We're sorry to hear that you've found it difficult to undo certain things, and we'd like to learn more about the specifics you're referring to. We will be reaching out to setup a product feedback call to learn more about these use cases. Again, thank you for the review!

Austin from The Batting Cave

Upper Hand Review

Pros

I like the functionality of the quick scheduling tool. Makes it easy to schedule without going through the loops of POS.

Cons

Doing memberships can be a pain and not as user friendly.

Galen from EYG Basketball

Upper Hand has helped us, EYG Basketball, streamline our registration process as well as improve our organization and bookkeeping. It gives us the ability to set up a variety of training sessions, camps, or clinics, and gives customers the ability to see what fits their schedule. With automatic reminders via email and text messages about upcoming workouts or training, parents can easily remember the schedule.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied May 2018

Thanks for the review and continued support Galen!

Sal from DBAT

DBAT Chatt

Pros

It seems to be a very usable software with everything we need in our business.

Cons

Biggest drawback is the lack of training that we received. And for the most part we struggled to get quick response to problem solving as they arose. Tho that has changed greatly in last week or so. Again, most likely due to training issues and not program issues

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Sal, First off, thanks for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that our software does everything you need to operate your business. However, we are sorry about the lack of initial training you and your staff received. We hope that having our staff on site at your facility over the next two days will help solve this issue. Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review!

Adron from Tennell Elite Training LLC

Great Software

Pros

The software is easy to use and set up and my clients also love it.

Cons

I dont like that I cant keep my filters the same in the event section

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi Adron, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with Upper Hand! We are thrilled to hear that the software is easy to use and your clients love it. We'd love to better understand your comment about event filters, and invite you to reach out to your support rep so they can help. Thanks again and have a great day!

Andy from Inside The Lines Sports

Enjoyable experience!

From sales, to implementation, to support overall, the experience has been pleasant.

Pros

Accommodating, intuitive, artificial intelligence, customer centric

Cons

No timeline given on expressed changes or upgrades to improve customer or user experience

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi Andy, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're thrilled to hear that you appreciate the product and have had a pleasant experience! Is there a specific feature you have not received a timeline on? If so, please let us know at support@getupperhand.com so we can assist! Thank you again and have a great day!

Samantha from The Battery Hockey Academy

Middle of the Road Scheduling Software

Very average. We have sought out other routes to take solely because it was not receipted well with our clients and not sufficing our day to day needs as a business.

Pros

There are certain features that many other scheduling software systems do not encompass. For example, private links to be sent to certain individuals.

Cons

The adaptability to cater to the business needs. This is a huge issue we are having. Many times I am told "I will let our engineers know of this" meaning this is something we cannot change and we have to deal with it. Also the system is not very user friendly for our clients. We have had many struggles with client interaction. Lastly, many glitches occur making use very hard at times.

Freddy from Dream Big Hockeystars

User friendly and great features

Pros

Tabs are easy to use and build registration links. Customer support is very responsive.

Cons

Would like to have more access to be able to add/delete certain things. I feel like I have to ask support as opposed to there just being a button to do it myself.

Tim from The Sports Hangar

Not there yet!

Was told features I requested numerous times were coming soon but never came. We purchased a website through them and was told we owned the site until we went to cancel service. We were definitely mislead by the salesman or company.

Pros

Site was easy to use for the most part.

Cons

Lacking several must have features that my new software program has. Also had numerous occasions where I cancelled a client but they continued to get charged through Upperhand. Made me and my business look bad.

Jameson from IDEAL Performance

Great start and potential

It has certainly given my coaches more independence to function on their own and manage their own sessions. I have needed to send out fewer reminders and be the "middle man" much less.

Pros

I like that it is automated and allows for me to focus more time on delivering my services rather than registering and recording participants

Cons

I would like the communication to clients to be more customization and I would like my clients to have an easier time navigating the software. I receive a lot of "please help" emails for relatively simple and common things. (like signing up for a session or unscheduling a session).

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi Jameson, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with Upper Hand! We are glad to hear that using Upper Hand has allowed you to focus more on delivering services to your clients and less on admin work! That is our entire mission! Also, thank you for sharing feedback on communication. Our most recent updates were focused around improving the communication with new event reminders and we have much more coming! Plan on hearing from us soon to schedule a call to review these features and get your feedback. Thank you again and have a great day!

Eric from HIGHLIGHT-U

Lack of customization

Unfortunately we were "sold" on a product that could meet our clearly defined use cases and expectations. This was not true. Subsequently, our sales and account managers were moved off of our account and we transitioned multiple times. It was clear that there was no one from upper hand that was willing or wanting to make it right and subsequently we continued to pay for a service that we simply could not use! We are on record through multiple conversations over our relationships stating our dissatisfaction and subsequent inability to use this product. We asked for a refund and were denied. Truly a horrific experience for my business.

Pros

The premise that I could manage events for my business

Cons

The complete lack of customization and available software and/or plugins (parent/child accounts, financial and administrative dashboards)

Troy from RSA

World Class

Pros

EVERYTHING! This software allows you to do everything. Scheduling, coaching, registering... Love the mobile aspect and having everything at hand.

Cons

If you want everything, its gunna cost ya.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi Troy, Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing review about Upper Hand. We are glad that you've enjoyed it!

angela from Herbs & Vegetables

Upper Hand

Pros

Upper Hand is the ultimate sports software and really does give you the "upper hand". Ready to use and all the information you need right at your fingertips.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this software.

Carlos from CT KEEPER

Great product

Upperhand allows me to focus on my business and makes communicating with existing clients easy.

Pros

Ability to market to to my client base. Allows me to build and organize a data base of clients

Cons

Notification of session reminders (which has recently been upgraded and feature added)

Response from Upper Hand

Replied February 2020

Hi Carlos! We appreciate the the kind words and taking the time to share your review of Upper Hand. We're also happy to hear that one of our most recent features - notification reminders - is something that will add value to how you run your business. Have a great day and thanks for the review!

Kayla from Salem State University

I've had great experience from walk-through demo conference calls, to phone calls and more.

Pros

I like that company really cares about you and the business that you are running. They want to see you succeed. They are professional, relate-able, and are willing to help you any way that they can. The software is easy to implement for the administrator as well as for clients. Upper Hand provides an easy to use, mobile friendly system to take your business to the next level.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review, Kayla!

Casey from D-BAT Marion

Communication

We just need better and more timely communication. Need more or better training.

Pros

I like the possibilities and what it might be able to do, once we fully figure it out.

Cons

I dislike how long it takes for Upper Hand to get back to our team. We are a new business and trying to be prepared when we open, instead of figuring it out on the fly when we open.

Darren from D-BAT Marion

cust support

In the weeks leading up to our opening and currently it has been problematic getting a quick response to emails and phone calls. Sometimes its very quick and other times it was 24-48 hours before a response came thru. This has been very frustrating as we have never used the software so we need answers quickly.

Pros

It's intuitive and fairly easy to pick up how to use.

Cons

would like the scheduling to have EOW feature

Angela from Rising Phoenix Archery

Pretty easy to use. No issues so far

I have only used this software for a very short time. I am using it mainly to schedule my upcoming classes.

Pros

One of the pros is that it is super easy to use. It is very user friendly. I can access it from my desk top and my mobile which makes it very convenient.

Response from Upper Hand

Replied May 2018

Thank you for the review, Angela!!