• Pros

• "The app is easy to use and understand.I really like the flexibility "

• "Sounds cool with so many features, customer support is nice and helpful."

• "Pretty easy to use. Does a good bit for my business."

• Cons

• "Can be hard for new users to use the app to the full potential but if you take the time clients will use the app and get more benefits from it once you show them how."

• "The notifications are not very quick, and the apps are individual as opposed to being just one for portal, food and coaching. Lot to get head around at first but support is incredible "

• "More user customization features would be great when it comes to workouts but all in all it is a great software."

Browse Virtuagym Reviews

Oliver from The Wellness Business Travel PA

BUSINESS PLANNING AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT

My business model required a software where we can prescribe and schedule exercise for business travellers and the Virtugym software has way exceeded our expectations and in fact has shaped our business plan much more than we could of antipated.

Pros

The software is extremely versatile which has shaped the business direction of our physical activity intervention for the corporate market. The number of exercises and activities listed in the library is amazing, you can really shape your fitness programming to any demographic, we specialise in corporate health and the library provides everything and more for our exercise prescription. Finally, I find that the using the animated personal trainer is really motivating for clients as they are not intimidated by a perfectly toned personal trainer, which can be demotivating, this tool enables you to look at the character and visualise that you can do the exercise demonstrated by looking at an illustration.

Cons

In the membership phase of setting up the software, it would be useful if you can delete membership you no longer wish to keep active, you can only disable them. However, when I asked a member of the customer support team did explain that other users accidentally deleted memberships, so this is why Virtuagym implemented the disable option. So I guess the users need to be more carefull.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2018

Hi Oliver, Thank you so much for your amazing review and the time you took to write it! We are so happy that you and your customers are happy with our product. Of course, we are aware that we can always improve and therefore customers like you who spend time to give us valuable feedback are truly important to us. Hopefully we'll be able to find a more elegant solution to the membership deletion in the future! If you have any more feedback for us, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via chat or email! - Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

Alexander from The Crew Bootcamps

What you see is what you get

Fantastic customer care experience, guided setup done with patience from one of their stuff, always available via phone for quick questions, the product is sleak and customisable to a great extent even without purchasing extra packets

Pros

Full Features and the pricing scales depending on your business size. That means that you get full service no matter how small your business is. Once you grow, you start paying more. It's a fair model

Cons

Still no Onefit integration but it's really a minor thing. I cannot find anything else to fault them for

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Fitmanager and Everfit (same company) charge you for each location you open. This might be good for a gym but it cannot apply to a bootcamp outdoors. You just have small groups of people here and there. They were not flexible enough to allow for this and the costs would have been too high.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Alexander Thank you very much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear you've encountered so many benefits in your product and the tools we have built for our clients to not only meet but exceed their expectations. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will continue to do our best when providing our clients with topnotch services as you all deserve! We look forward to excelling in every aspect of our services and making all the necessary efforts to be part of your business growth. Once again, your review is highly appreciated! Sending you all the best, Your Virtuagym Family.

June 2016

Joost from Medisch Centrum Zuid

June 2016

VG can be big

I like VG because it offers it all. In the beginning the development went very fast, but lately I didn't see a lot of improvements. The small details make VG hard to work with. And also for training, I don't like it. It's to complex The supportservice is great and doing the best they can. I hope the development will show some results in the next year.

Pros

Virtuagym tries to be a total sollution, and will be that. But for no it's "in progress". Has a lot to offer. The foodapp is great Customer administrations is good, but need a lot of solvings Roster app is great. Easy overview of groupsessons and PT. Extra pay options are good.

Cons

Trainingsapp is to difficult to use. Takes to much time to search for excersises. App is not ready for Ipad. Customer administrations is not perfect, but for that goal it has to be perfect. It's so unhandy that you cannot undo your actions. Coachingapp is not usable to coach. I want to get a sigh when it's my cliënts birthday, when they want or need contact with an instructor. Taskapp is not easy to use.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2016

Hi Joost, thank you for your honest and elaborate feedback! We are very sorry to hear that you feel Virtuagym is not offering the things you need as a total package at this point. Lately we have focused a lot of attention on creating new option in our Financial part. For example, we now offer recurring online payments for the whole world! Next to that, we've had updates like iCal/Google Calendar connection with the scheduling app, scanning your POS items with a barcode scanner, more check-in options and in the next update you'll see we've been working hard on a Walkthrough system for new (and existing) customers! In the upcoming months, we expect to release more features regarding invoices, but also a new Schedule and of course the long awaited Workout Editor. We are still working on that, it's just a huge project! We'd love to have a call to talk about important things you feel are missing and how we could improve your experience. I will contact you later this week! Regards, Floor

Jodie from Full Armor Wellness

Great Options and Features

Pros

We wanted to set ourselves apart from all other Fitness Facilities in the area. Virtuagym gave us that ability. We were able to create and customize an App specific to our needs and have the ability to make changes as needed as we grow. I love that everything is in one place and we easily view sales and memberships.

Cons

Some of the functions are not as user friendly as others. There seems to be added steps that could be better set up especially in Point of Sale. It was a learning curve to switch to a new system for us, but it seems to be working smoothly now.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Jodie Thank you for your review, We are glad to hear that Virtuagym has become such a great asset to your business. We love the fact that you find our custom app a useful tool for your needs! Your feedback is very valuable and we would like to hear more about those steps you consider unnecessary. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA31136 in the subject line so we can set up a time to chat about your ideas and feedback. (remember, they are doing us a favor by spending their time on us to give us feedback, make it sound valuable to us as well) Looking forward to hearing from you! With warmest regards, Your Virtuagym Family"

Rebecca from Strive2BFIT

Satisfied customer

I think a lot of work needs to be done on the client interface in terms of scheduling workouts and how they view these. The word that comes to mind is clumsy.

Pros

Easy to use once you know how. I have been using this for bookings and managing my accounts and it works well.

Cons

The cost to increase membership base. I run Group training and would love to be able to add these members onto the system but it is gets too expensive. If I could I would use the booking functionality more. Further to this the app in terms of clients experience is not great and east for clients to use and understand so I tend to not use this. When putting in place programmes for clients it is confusing for them to find the workouts. This needs to be simplified.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Because I had used this when working at a gym before going out on my own and knew how to use it.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Rebecca Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym! We are happy to hear that you find our modules for booking and managing accounts useful for your business. We would love to discuss with you further how you envision a more user-friendly interface for your clients and we understand that this is the #1 priority for most of our clients. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA35287 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you soon! With warmest regards, Your Virtuagym Family."

Janine from Fitness Gear + Training

DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE

Dealing with virtuagym has been an absolute nightmare. If I could give it less than zero stars, I would.

Pros

The only positive thing about virtuagym is being able to put our company's circuits in the app for clients to use during open session. However, we were told that we'd be able to film and upload our own exercises and that has only worked once. I've spent HOURS editing and uploading videos only to have them not work. It's beyond frustrating. It took 3 weeks to hear back about this issue and all I received was "Currently, there is a bug that is affecting a few portals the same way and it is almost ready for deployment by our software developers." 6 weeks later and the videos still don't work.

Cons

Everything about this software is a joke. We've had countless issues dealing with them and little resolve. The biggest issue we've had is the "system" copying contracts and adding unpaid credits to client’s profiles. We've had over 130 credits applied which is over $10,000 worth of sessions. I work for a small business and if we hadn't noticed this, we would be out of business. We’ve had contracts ended and added by the “system” as well discounts being added or not removed. It takes days, sometimes weeks to hear back from anyone about anything. When they email asking if the “ticket” has been resolved and I say no, they close the ticket out and we never hear back from them regarding the issue. I’ve been asking for weeks to get a call with upper management for my boss to speak with someone and we finally got something worked out and the call was canceled and hour before it was supposed to happen. I would use extreme caution doing business with them. I was not a part of the company when we brought VirtuaGym on, but they must have a good sales team. However, that’s where it ends.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hello Janine, We are of course very sorry to hear that you have had such an unfortunate experience. When dealing with software technology it is impossible to avoid bugs, issues, and glitches even for large companies like Google, Apple, Netflix, and Facebook. That, of course, does not make it any better for you as a business and can take away precious time and occasionally money. Unfortunately some fixes take time, more time than desirable and the support team do their best to answer client queries in response to the problems. It seems that in your case, the situation was not handled to your satisfaction and we would be happy to discuss it with you in further detail. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com and put reference code AH34431 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!

Amy from Checkmate Boxing

The WORST Customer Service ever....but really good App based system for workout tracking

I was attracted to them for their features, which I have not found a comparable replacement (maybe I'll will try programming my own in the future), but honestly, it is never going to be a one-stop shop as I was hoping with the way their system is going. I absolutely DREAD talking to their customer support system as they are very ignorant and stubborn about their policies, I think there have been a few people [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have been understanding of our issues and actually tried to help. Everyone else seems to think that our problems are not their problem, and don't really take the time to truly understand their own software. Payment system is absolute crap, you're better off using a different system like Stripe or Square. Their scheduling went down for a whole day and all we got was a "SORRY" e-mail. I mean...our customers were unable to book for a whole day which is several hundred dollars in revenue and that's all you can say? We switched to a different booking software when that happened. But I will most likely keep virtuagym for the fun features they have like the workout tracking and such (and also because I am inadvertently locked in for a 1-year contract that was never fully explained and keeps increasing because no one will take the charges off....yay.)

Pros

Their workout trackers are awesome. I love that they integrate with different companies (though maybe not particularly well) as I was trying to set up an integration with AccuroFit and after two month, it still seems they cannot figure out how to do this. I purchased their recommended bioimpedance scales which is great because we are able to run gym challenges, and members love being able to track their lifting workouts and have a workout player whenever they want. We regularly use the community portal aspects of the software and the app based system makes it easy to talk to members and send notifications about specific things.

Cons

Their salespeople are good. Good enough that with their features alone they can convince you to purchase a YEAR LONG subscription without trying it out. By the way, they don't ever explain to you what features you're paying for or when your pricing goes up, why that happened because you accidentally made some changes that affect your subscription. The customer support team/on-boarding team is absolutely dismal. From day 1, I felt like I was explaining to their support how their system worked. They have no idea what is going on and they basically give you 2 30 min phone calls and expect you to figure it out on your own (when they can't even figure it out). I wanted to setup a system that allowed for different credits and booking based on levels and their onboarding specialist asked me during our first phone call "What software did you switch from and why?" I explained that I switched from WellnessLiving and what I liked about them and person managing our account told me "Well maybe you should have stuck with them." They have an difficult system for trying to reach anyone to answer your questions. They use Zendesk, which is both incredibly confusing as it goes into (how I understand it) a central e-mail system which can take them 1-3 days to get back to you. At which point, they respond with very unhelpful advice or flat out ignorance. Also, their pay service integration sucks. It is very difficult to use them for bookkeeping and POS and I ended up just resorting to Square.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Price point and available features, including integrated community and workout trackers

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Dear Amy, We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the Tracking and the Community modules of our system but are devastated to hear that you had such negative experience with the service that you had received. We would love to reach out to you and see how we can improve the situation. Please check your in-box :)

Kayla from KDAVIS Fitness

Great App, horrible customer service

I rate is a 5/5 for the App and a 1/5 for customer service.

Pros

I wish I could rate this App 5 stars for everything as it has been an asset to my business. I use it every single day to run my online business, the app itself is very user-friendly for my clients and easy to use on the back end. It has many great features that make creating and following workouts very easy.

Cons

If you are looking or in need of good customer service, this app isn't for you. They have failed me many times in the customer service department. Slow to respond, sometimes days when I need assistance urgently. My app was down for a month and a half earlier this year, what should have been my best month of the year ended up being my worst of all time. They have a great product, just need to put a lot of work into their customer service.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Kayla Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to hear that our app has become such an asset for the development of your business and that your clients find our many available features easy to use. The situation you had mentioned about your app being down, did you mean that your entire app was actually down, or were you referring to the issue we had experienced with custom workouts not playing? As the only record of the issue that we have is with the workouts and that was due to YouTube changing their license agreement and unfortunately, that affected any business that relies on YouTube to share their videos. We would love to hear more about your experience so we can continue to improve the service we provide to all of our clients. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com and use the code JA18615 in the subject line. Your feedback is very valuable and welcomed! Sincerely, Your Virtuagym Family."

Mariano from Ultimate Physique Fitness Centre

'Client Success Team' & Updates problems

Not as it was described upon selection

Pros

Workout plans, meal plans and invoicing on 1 software

Cons

'Client Success Team' & all the issues that come up with each developer's update. After doing our best to keep up with the numerous issues encountered we have 2 major issues that are severely affecting our business. We have already emailed the 'client success team' for months but no temporary solution/help was provided and honestly we doubt even if the issues were understood, further to the replies received. We also asked for the contact details of someone at a higher position and where informed that he can give us a call only next week! 1 of the issues has been reported 3 months ago and till today no feedback/solution whatsoever were offered. It's already the second day with the 2nd issue and this is keeping our business on hold. For obvious reasons such issue is costing us a lot of money plus damage to our reputation with our clients.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Dear Mariano, It sounds like you didn't have the best of experience and we are deeply apologetic for that lapse in service. We will reach out to you shortly to see how we can improve the value we provide to your business.

Marshall from Blue Line Strength Training, LLC

Improvements

Overall good experience but difficult to make payments.

Pros

Overall easy for clients to set-up and use.

Cons

For some exercises it would be nice to have a feature to record videos or be able to post live streams.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Marshall Thank you very much for Review! We are happy to hear that you find the tools and solutions we have built for you easy to use. Just to make sure you take complete advantage of our tools, let us share with you our current streaming options: 1. Here is a link on how to create a custom activity in which you can upload your own videos https://virtuagym.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201870881-Workouts-How-do-I-add-a-video-to-a-custom-activity- 2. We recently launched some other options for streaming and you can find further information here on both articles https://business.virtuagym.com/blog/explore-virtuagym-new-integrations-live-stream-on-zoom-youtube-google-hangouts/ and https://business.virtuagym.com/blog/live-streaming-via-your-virtuagym-community/ We hope you'll find this information useful for your business! Best regards, Your Virtuagym Family."

Ryan from L.I.F.T. ACADEMY

By far the BEST training software for Fitness Professionals!

I have been using Virtuagym since April 2016.. I have used other platforms for my business (Mindbody, AmStatz, MyPTHub).. Virtuagym is on another level. There is a reason why they are internationally recognized and used by gyms around the WORLD. What sets them apart from any other service out there is there database of exercises and the ability to demonstrate each movement without having to be sent to a youtube video. The workout builder is awesome and very easy to use. The ONLY problem I can say about it is I wish there was a way to switch between reps vs time on exercises, and allow a way to create supersets & circuits. I have been able to easily work around that by just adding a note in the specific workouts I create. And their customer service has already confirmed them working on updating that portion of the software. Speaking of customer service.. They are amazing! You can call them anytime and speak to a real person! If you email them about an issue, someone replies within an hour. Scheduling clients is super easy. The app allows clients to register for their classes and automatically tracks remaining sessions/credits. The nutrition side is great for holding clients accountable and works similarly to myfitnesspal, but better, mainly because it is integrated with the workout portion of the program allowing clients to track calories burned/consumed. As the trainer it allows us to monitor each client individually allowing the info to remain private between trainer/client. The software also has a online portal allowing you to create "groups".. This allows you to separate members and easily communicate with your entire team. Overall I absolutely LOVE Virtuagym. Whether you're running a small studio (like me) or managing a large capacity box gym, investing in Virtuagym will instantly separate you from your "competition", especially with the custom mobile app! *****5 STARS ALL DAY! *****

Pros

Everything! But most of all I like the Workout Builder. 2nd would be the "Online Portal"

Cons

The ONLY thing I wish they would update is the Workout Builder.. Offering buttons to more easily switch reps/time, type of workout (circuit, hiit, supersets). Also maybe a way to copy exercises if you are doing them more than once within a workout? Virtuagym has already confirmed they are working on updates. In the meantime I have been able to easily work around these by adding little notes within the specific workouts.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2017

Hi Ryan, thank you so much for your feedback! Just reading this made us feel proud about the hard work we all put into creating not only a great product but also cater each client's specific needs. As my colleagues have already confirmed, we are currently building a new version of the workout editor which will include many more different functions such as circuits and supersets. All best, Alkistis

Daniel from SD Fitness

Virtuagym: great all-in-one system

My partner and I began with Virtuagym after I had investigated their booth at the 2016 Club Industry Show in Chicago. From a mobile-fitness owner's standpoint and for traditional clubs, this system can be your go-to for a complete software. First off, their support is exceptional with live chat and dedicated, rapid email response. All of my concerns and questions were always answered in a timely manner and from my requests, they've made changes to our system for us on what we wanted. For specific feautures, Ill touch on a few, but their pdf catalog/brochure really lays out everything nicely for what is offered. New and existing members can sign up for the system via request or going to the club's "online shop" where they may browse the club's products and packages. They can view a schedule with the club's class listings and book their spot. Member's receive their own profile page which can be customized and it is part of the club's own social feed. Groups can be added for different demographic purposes for what population the content speaks to. Members can create their own workouts from a large exercise and activity database, track their progress with many measurement options. Track food with a huge database of foods as well as create your own meals by saving particular foods in the nutrition diary as a meal, so it can be accessed later if the client makes and eats the same thing. Nutrition facts are clearly displayed and this can be a good tool, however does take time and work for one to become proficient and willing to do this all the time. The system syncs with Fitbit for basic statistics and VG has their own activity trackers that go with their system, NeoHealth, which could be a promotion to members. From a personal coaching standpoint, I would grade this system a B. Ive been told some updates are near that would work out some kinks and be useful additions. Push notifications, a "circuit/superset" option in the workout builder, majority of posts on the social feed go through, but some receive an error and most be re-entered. But alot is offered. You can send workouts and activities to the client's activity calendar, set up and fill in their meal plan and set goals. For business, everything is offered. Point of sale, kiosk check ins, marketing, services, memberships and more can be edited for the individual club or coach's liking

Response from Virtuagym

Replied March 2017

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your nice review and for your accurate description of our service! It is great to see how well you are doing and how efficiently we are helping you run your business! Features such as push notification and superset editor (and much more!) are currently in our roadmap, and we hope they will be implemented soon, in order to make us deserve your A-grade! We thank you for the valuable time that you have spent to write this review, and please do not hesitate to reach out if anything! Have a great day, Walter - Virtuagym Customer Success Department

Alex from AG Training

Good product for my Online PT business

Overall I'm satisfied to be able to have a tool that takes lots out of my plate in admin processes.

Pros

Easy to create workouts and deliver them to my clients. Keeping track and accountability are major for keeping motivation. The business admin has been very helpful to keep finances easier

Cons

The customer service communication at the beginning with me was not good, take to long for getting and answer. I see they have been working on it, but still, lots more to do to improve post-sales client service

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Alex! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are excited to read that you have found our workout components and administrative module useful when guiding your clients throughout their fitness journey! As a team, we want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had experienced during your initial communication with our customer care division. We will continue working towards becoming more effective when addressing our clients' requests in order to deliver outstanding service! Once again thank you for your suggestions! With warm regards, Your Virtuagym family.

Emm from Tick Fitness and Physiotherapy

Tick Performance

Being in another country does make it difficult to follow up with any issues

Pros

I like the content and the presentation, back end content, and app store app

Cons

I am still waiting for Ezidebit Aust to become apart of the integrations - I was initially informed it would be less than 1 year to onboarding but 2 years later I am still waiting.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Emm Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to hear that you find our content and presentation, positive aspects of Virtuagym. We would like to hear more about those areas of opportunity you feel we can continue to work on when it comes to better access to back end content. Unfortunately, our partnership with Ezidebit has been put on hold. With their current pause of payouts to clients, we are unsure when this can be picked up again. But we will make sure to keep you posted once there is a change in their situation. Please feel free to write to us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA23872 in the subject line. Many thanks, Your Virtuagym Family"

Allen from PinkLadies

Customer retention and ease of communication was our primary goal this software smashed those goals

Pros

The fact that I can communicate with all my members in one place, schedule, take payments and have the full functionality of the finance section, but also add in as many staff members as needed specifically to their individual departments just Love this option. Great to track memberships and attendance as well as online option to our business. The support by far is AWESOME the team that looks after the UK clients are simply incredible and they go over and above to help and have worked late working on our system and to know that you have a full office pulling out all the stops to make things awesome for your business is such a relief. Telephone, email and chat feature are the support methods and when that office is shut other offices worldwide pick up the issue and assist so the support package is by far the best I've come across and without them I would have not stayed with the software. But they have gone above and beyond to help us get it right and that I value a lot, team is fantastic real-life hero's

Cons

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2018

Hi Allen, Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so happy to hear you're happy with our product and services. As a company, we try to improve and learn every single day and that is why your feedback is so incredibly important to us! We know what a daunting and difficult process it is to adapt and learn a new system. There is usually a lot to learn and not much time to do so - However, that is why we are here to help, assist, consult and guide you. Please do know that if you have any feedback or require any assistance from us we're happy to help! :) - Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

patrick from phyto nutrition

I have had success with the Virtua Gym software package.

I have been using the Virtua Gym branded app & all in one package since September 2016. Initially it took a bit of time to navigate the system and find out how I could use the features for the services we offer. After some testing, we built new meals plans, as well as integrated workout plans through the software. My team of Dietitians have been able to incorporate the Virtua gym software into some of our planning and tracking, and our clients have had great success. The software is all inclusive, it has many features available to you, so you can customize your software package to your needs. Overall, I am very satisfied with the product, and it has allowed me to expand my services offering. Customer services has always helped me with any issues I've had. I recommend VirtuaGym!

Pros

The many different software features to run a health clinic

Cons

I was told that the software would link with fitbit scales, however, they do not link to the scales, only the trackers.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied March 2017

Hi Patrick! Thanks so much for your kind comment. Familiarizing with the system at the beginning might indeed take more time than after becoming a Virtuagym master. This is absolutely regular, as it relates to a new and revolutionary way of working! We are very happy that this time was well spent and we hope to have addressed you to the best, as we always strive for! We're working to expand the range of hardwares that we connect to, therefore stay tuned in order to get the best out of our service! If anything, please do not hesitate to give a shout and we'll be happy to help you out. Have a great one! Walter - Virtuagym Customers Success team

Jessica from Corporate fitness works

Virtuagym- CFW

Overall the system is okay. The staff for Virtuagym when calling in should know how to answer every question when asked. The product could have an updated appeal to the server. Make reporting overall easier and have tutorials for learning all aspects of the system rather than having to schedule a meeting with a rep when they don’t know all of the answers to help which delays the process.

Pros

Different options members have with logging their information, easy manual check in process

Cons

Out dated, not being able to merge multiple favorites to one, active with a profile is misleading if the members have not completed the waiver for reporting, reporting features aren’t 100% helpful (shouldn’t have to export in order to run a report). With being with the company for a little over a year the system has went down a lot.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Jessica! Thank you very much for sharing your input in regards to our services and solutions. We are glad to hear that you've taken advantage of the data logging and manual check-in tools we have developed for our clients! Your feedback about the merging options, reporting features, and system steadiness is very valuable to us. We would love to have a conversation with you about the areas of opportunity previously mentioned, feel free to write us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA24699 as the subject of the email. Sincerely, Your Virtuagym Family.

Tracy from Village Fitness

Great product, terrible "contract terms"

After 15 months of using the system it is now more than I need and far too expensive given that I have downsized my operations. I have tried to cancel only to be told that because I was into a second term of the 12 month contract, and not provided notice within the month before renewal, basically "too bad - pay out your contract - that's what you agreed to over a year ago". The sales guy explained to me on sign up that I was committed for one year... alarm bells should have sounded then... When I asked where my renewal reminder was 3 months ago I was told they don't do those and that these are the terms I had agreed to. Even big end insurance companies are required to provide renewal notices! Most subscription services confident in their product give the ability to cancel your subscription at any time.

Pros

The product is great for a big end gym. I like the social media side of things in building a community.

Cons

As a personal trainer of a small business it has proved more than I need and far too expensive given our exchange rates.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hi Tracy, Thank you so much for you feedback. We do indeed prolong contracts with 12 months, as stated in the terms and conditions. I am sorry to hear that according to you this has not been clearly communicated. If there is anything we can help you with then please contact us via support@virtuagym.com.

May 2016

Justine from Babes on the Run

May 2016

Not what I needed

This software is better suited to someone wanting to manage clients one-on-one, manually. After trialling for a few days, I realised that it wasn't going to suit my business coaching needs as we do some group programs (as do many Personal Trainers and gyms) and I need a system that has automations integrated and the ability to tag and group my clients based on the programs they are doing. This system cannot do this. This company doesn't advertise a free trial period like many competitors but is still bound by the cooling off period on its contracts. I cancelled 5 days into trying to set up the system. A week later, after advising the product wouldn't suit, I am still waiting on an answer about a requested refund and cancellation of my contract. Even though by law, Virtuagym must provide at least a 7 day cooling off period, 8 days later they still won't confirm that I can cancel. I still have to wait 'on management reviewing' my case? I have trialled 3 other systems and haven't had any issue up to this point. There are some amazing programs on the market but it's hard to ascertain the functionality of system until you work in it. I have now had to advise my bank of this dispute and to challenge the current charge plus any further. I am really disappointed with this poor service.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied May 2016

Hi Justine, Thank you for reviewing Virtuagym. It's a pity our software didn't completely match your needs. I would like to clarify something for the readers of your review. We do not offer a trial right now, because we want to help you get the most value out of the system. A guided onboarding process has been the most successful for our existing clients. Our solution is very extensive and flexible, and therefore we prefer to help our clients getting the most out of it based on their needs. Together. Also, as far as I know, a 7-day cool off period only applies to consumers, and not to businesses. I can see you signed a 1-year contract with us. By law, I don't think we did anything wrong. This is the first time I heard about this specific case happening, so I assume that's why it takes a bit longer to get back to you. Our support team will be back in touch with you soon, and I'm sure we'll find a satisfactory solution. Best regards, Tommy Klouwers Marketing Manager

Terrence from Bodylinez LLC

Good product

Good

Pros

Pretty easy to use. Does a good bit for my business.

Cons

Some glitches in the program and mobile app is tough

More features

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Terrence Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that your experience with our solutions has been both seamless and useful. Your feedback is very valuable. Would you please share with us some more details about those glitches you've encountered? Please email us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA15177 in the subject line. Best regards, Your Virtuagym Family."

So much to offer

I enjoy using Virtuagym and so do my clients.

Pros

I love how much the software has to offer! I wanted a software that does it all to automate some of the work. They have scheduling, coaching, exercises, nutrition, activity tracker, point of sale, online shop, challenges, etc. The customer service has been amazing!

Cons

Because it has so much to offer, it has been a bit overwhelming setting it up and learning. However they offer lots of training videos and 1-on-1 training, you just need to set time aside for that.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2018

Hi There! Thanks for leaving such a wonderful review for Virtuagym! We are glad that you are enjoying our product to take of your scheduling, coaching, exercises, nutrition, activity tracker, point of sale, online shop, challenges. It sounds like Virtuagym is taking care of some heavy lifting so that you can focus on making the world a healthier place! We work very diligently to give you the tools to do what you do best so I will pass your review along as it will provide our team with great encouragement to keep doing what they are doing. I know you mentioned that because it is a lot to learn a new software that you have felt overwhelmed. Nonetheless, we are happy to be here with you and for you every step of the way. Just reach out, we are just an email away at support@virtuagym.com ! Thank you, once again, for your kind words.

Pascale from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Terrible Customer Service

Highly recommend against using it.

Pros

Variety of workouts and easy to use for food logging.

Cons

The customer service! First it took about 1 month before I could even use the customized app. Then I couldn't see my workouts in my app. Apparently that was an Android issue and took about 3 weeks to be fixed. I used the software for some time and, since my client don't really use it, canceled my 1 year commitment 30 days in advance. But nobody seems to be available to acknowledge my cancelation. There's no phone number, no chat feature or anything. Very upsetting and time consuming. They better don't charge me again since I fullfilled my 1 year contract.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hello Pascale, Thank you for your feedback. We understand that the CMA process can be a little overwhelming and take a little too long for our clients to complete. Because of that we had since introduced a CMA Specialist to make the process fast and easy for our clients. Glitches with Android is something that is unfortunately outside of our control and we work closely with Android and iOS to find a swift resolution do minimize the inconvenience caused to our clients. All that being said, we do wish to apologise for the delayed cancellation process. No excuses there and we do appreciate you taking the time to bring that lapse in service to our attention. Thank You!

Shane from RiseFit

Will be good in another 1-2 years I think, but currently not as great as it makes out it is.

Pros

The software has the beginnings of a well rounded, professional platform - IOS and Android applications complement the Web Portal Interface. Many of the features are workable, some are much better than the other alternatives on the market.

Cons

Lack of visibility in product's development - as a client we don't know when a promised feature will be released (if ever). Basic functionality such as the ability to create supersets inside the workout editor took years to implement; VG stated that this was because the workout editor needed a complete redesign; but did not give anyone any idea of when this would be released other than *soon*. Billing automation is clunky and does not integrate with many of the vendors in the market.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hi Shane, Thank you so much for your feedback! We completely understand your point about the transparency of the development of the product. Our road map changes based on the developments in the fitness industry, so providing actual release dates is not common in the SAAS world. We do want to become more clear in the way we communicate updates. Thanks!

Junior from Pacific Beach Training

data driven!

I love using virtuagym as a trainer, but even more so as a business owner. It has made my client management so much more efficient. My absolute favorite part is the simple set up of the body metrics! As a trainer, it is imperative that you keep good notes, as well as document accurate changes in their body, strength, cardio, etc. And since we do this weekly, the paper stacked up fast in each client folder. Now, I save the paper cost, and purchased an additional laptop for the gym. We can't say enough good things about virtuagym and their staff! Happy to be a part of the team!

Pros

pretty user friendly. And a lot to offer.

Cons

the workout builder needs to hurry with the options of circuit workouts, and drop sets.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2017

Hi Junior! Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to have you in the Virtuagym family! It's so nice to hear that Virtuagym helped you with both the practical as well as the administrative aspects of your fitness business. Also your feedback about creating a payroll option for staff sounds amazing so I will make sure to discuss this with our product developers. Kind regards, Alkistis

Greg from Workout Anytime Franchising LLC

Review of Virtuagym App Platform

Good, better, best - from due diligence through launch and ongoing support we could not have asked for a better rollout process and support. Their platform is intuitive and easy to set-up and they have worked to customize a detailed integration with our Club Management Software ABC Financial. Been impressed at every turn - cannot recommend them enough!

Pros

Robust platform with comprehensive feature set and support and implementation team that consistently goes out of their way to provide education and guidance every step of the way.

Cons

Really like the entire package - looked at every options out there in detail and Virtuagym checked all the boxes. Their ongoing support has made it an absolute pleasure to work with everyone on their team!

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Comprehensive platform and feature set, extensive experience supporting enterprise level club chains like ours, and a deep support team.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Greg! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Virtuagym. We are happy to hear that your onboarding and launch processes turned out great! And look forward to being part of your growth and success. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym Family

Cassandra from FitRoom CF1, LLC

After using several other software's, Virtuagym is by far the best!

VirtuaGym has given us an amazing online platform to offer everything you and your client needs. The software is easy to use, super affordable and can handle just about anything we need it to do in order to run our fitness center. The members really enjoy the applications especially the nutritional guidance. It has been absolutely amazing to have the ability to add our own QR codes, youtube videos, video workouts, and images for our pro members to have access to has been valuable. Building the classes, schedules and memberships took some time to figure out but the support was above and beyond all competition. They never complain about how many times we ask for help and are extremely responsive and knowledgeable. VirtuaGym is constantly updating their software to meet the needs of this industry and I am excited to see how much they grow in the future. If you dream big for your business then there's no need to shop around for any other software/membership program.

Pros

Easy to Use Versatile Great Customer Service Affordable

Cons

App can be difficult

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2017

Hi Cassandra, many thanks for your enthusiastic review and kind words! We are happy and proud to hear that you and your clients find the system interesting and comprehensive and we are looking forward to hear your success story! All best, Alkistis

Alessandro from Fitness Trainer

best program in the fitness industry

Having this program has helped me to expand my clients

Pros

What I liked most about this program is the large amount of exercises. The application of training and nutrition are fantastic. Customers will be really happy.

Cons

What I liked the least is the time taken to build a training card. It can be improved.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied October 2018

Hi Alessandro, Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoy our software and that it has helped you to expand your client base! Also, thank you so much for your feedback. It is very important that we get this valuable insight into your user experience so we can continue to improve our product every day. If you have have more feedback for us or a good idea or suggestion, you can always let us know via our contact page: https://virtuagym.com/contact. In addition, please never hesitate to reach out to our support team via support@virtuagym.com - We are happy to help! Thank you for your time to write a review. Best wishes, Anna - Virtuagym Client Success Department

Josko from Kraken Fitness

Worst customer service ever, they don't care about you.

Terrible.

Pros

There were absolutely no pros using this product. Every other system I used was better 10 fold. I have used Mindbody, Acuity, Appointly, and other similar fitness apps.

Cons

1) They lied in their sales call. When I asked about payroll they navigated around the question and didn't answer it directly (they don't offer pay roll). They told me that it was a mindbody substitute and while it looked great, their appointment booking was in BETA with many of the features missing. When I told them that I was dissapointed that they lied about the software they denied everything. When I asked for the sales call, they told me that they would give it to me as soon as possible that was 2 months ago... When I call, their managers are always on "lunch" or "in a call" 2) Extremely poor customer service. Constantly ignoring me. Taking days or weeks to respond. Blaming me for issues. Extreme lack of communication with other team members. They have been "attempting to speak to their manager about my case" for the last 30+ days. Good luck getting anything from these thieves. 3) They almost tried telling me that i'm tied into a year long contract. And finally they cancelled it. AFTER taking one more payment from me just a couple days before HAHA. And now that I'm asking for a refund are constantly ignoring me, saying that they'll get it to my asap, but nope. They just want to continue lying about everything thinking that i'll go away. 4) They told me that my implimentation of the software would start on December 9th and they began charging me then. but they didn't start until January.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Josko Thank you for your review, We are very sorry to hear that your Virtuagym experience was not as you expected from the sales standpoint. During the sales process, your needs are analyzed and our sales team will adapt our different modules accordingly. Nevertheless, I understand that the lack of clear communication must be very frustrating for you. We will definitely look into the details of the communication that took place between our you and our team and address any possible areas of opportunity we may find on our way. Once again thank you for taking the time and sharing your opinion. With Warmest Regards, Virtuagym, "

Stephanie from FIT Ritual

Virtuagym is a SCAM

We never agreed to a start date and were charged for a start date, and have since been charged on a monthly basis, despite having expressed (both via email and via phone conversations) that we were not comfortable with moving forward and wanted to pause on any kind of start date. Meetings have been canceled last minute, representatives that we have worked with are all of a sudden "no longer with the company" or have decided to take an impromptu vacation the day after you spoke with them about another call that week. When expressing cancelation of the service, we were told for the first time that we signed a contract for 12 months, and that it is clearly stated in the "terms and conditions", a box that was checked upon submitting a setup fee payment for the TRIAL service. When we said we didn't realize that the terms and conditions listed a 12 month contract, we were told that "it is not their responsibility to make sure we understand the terms and conditions". THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM.

Pros

They have a great sales team which will convince you that they have amazing customer support, an innovative platform and can meet all of your business's needs. Moments after your first phone call, you will be unknowingly entered into a 12 month contract.

Cons

You cannot contact any employee directly. There are no public phone numbers. You cannot speak with anyone of management level or above to escalate any issues. You don't even get a personal email address -- your only point of contact is a ClientServices@virtuagym email address that says someone will get back to you within 3 days..... REAL helpful when you're trying to run a business with their software and then you can't get any support in crucial moments.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Dear Stephanie, Thank you for your feedback on the experience you have had with Virtuagym. The 12 months agreement is a term that is clearly stated and must be accepted before a payment can be processed. Indefinitely delayed start dates are unfortunately not an option. A sale cannot be closed without a start date entered by the client. We can, of course, understand how that may not work for some of our clients and we are sorry to see you go.

taylor from Revenge Body Gym

SCAMMERS- BUYERS BEWARE!!! This is long but please read I am trying to save you some coins.

THE WORST! After a few days of dealing with a faulty product and receiving little to no help with my issue, I reached out to my account manager, to have my money refunded and contract canceled on 11/8. I've used other services in the past and I've never had to sign any contract that did not "allow" me to cancel, which should have been a red flag. They also have no trial period which is another anomaly with Virtuagym and also, another red flag. She waited just a day before a week (11/14) to respond to me and she claimed that my contract was submitted for cancellation because "management handles cancellations". When I responded and asked who I should be waiting to hear from, she did not respond and that email remains unanswered. I'd like to note that prior to me reaching out for a refund, she was very quick with her replies. After that, getting in contact with someone was nearly impossible no matter how many times I called or emailed them. I made my last call to them the day after Thanksgiving and left a voicemail saying that I was waiting until Monday before I called my bank to dispute the charge. I waited until Wednesday and heard nothing so I disputed the charge. The funniest thing about all of this that the workout editor as I am typing this STILL does not work. Finally, on 12/5, almost a month since I reached out, I got an email saying my contract was being submitted to management...even though she claimed she submitted it on 11/14.

Pros

I liked the multiple discussion groups that could be created. Theoretically, virtuagym has features that COULD, could being the keyword, change the game. Unfortunately, the system had way too many glitches to be used for business purposes unless you are trying to look like a joke who has no idea what they are doing.

Cons

Faulty Workout editor and the other glitches I experienced. I wish I could add video to these reviews to show what the workout editor was doing since its hard to explain, but basically, it was not working as it should AT ALL. Even customer service AND my account manager, who conveniently disappeared when I asked for my money back, admitted that the redirects that were happening within the editor made no sense. It was clearly faulty. I was also unable to message clients within the software because it would tell me "no records found" even though if you went to the client list, they were clearly in the system. I was also given little to no guidance when I was having an issue with payments, not processing. Basically, everyone has to be manually charged if you have a service fee in place. So all my clients were only being charged the service fee, and the monthly balance would land in outstanding. When I reached out to customer service about this and asked if there was something I need to do manually in order for the rest of the payment to process, I was told no. I even asked a follow-up question to MAKE SURE there was nothing I needed to do. Of course, it was later revealed that the outstanding balances were there because I did not send the invoices, which means YES, you do have to manually process the payments as I guessed when I contacted customer service, even though they apparently don't know this themselves.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2018

Dear Taylor, Thank you for writing your detailed review. I made sure to look through your history of communication with our consultants and get a clear picture of the events. While I would have to dispute your statement about receiving "little to no help" with your issues, as I can see that other than weekends and holidays, the team has been very diligent and fast with their responses; I do see that you had a few issues within the system. Unfortunately, when dealing with technology, problems will always arise and while we try to deal with the issues quickly and thoroughly to minimize the disruption to your business, at times it can take longer than desired to fix a problem. I am sorry that you had felt that you were scammed and not delivered what you had expected but I can genuinely say that the team had worked hard to answer and resolve your issues in a timely manner. Do let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance with. Sincerely,

Sean from SC Vital Fitness

Not what i was told

Nothing

Pros

The functionality of the coaching app, is nice - That's it.

Cons

I explicitly asked that when i purchased virtuagym, would it be possible for my clients to have a limited number of PT sessions on a weekly basis, starting on sunday and renewing on the following sunday....however i wanted them to be able to book at least 30-60 days in advance as my clients like to plan. I was told that this was possible and i would have help setting it up, this has not happened. I have had virtuagym since December and was looking to implement it into my gym facility by mid january, however due to the lack of help from support, i am no closer to getting what i need from the software. I even offered to pay virtuagym to set it up for me as i thought it may be me that was doing something wrong, they declined and their rep. stopped conversing over the support line. All i wanted was for my clients to book 1,2,3 or 4 Personal Training sessions per week, at least 30 days in advance - How can this be so hard..!!?? At the moment the system allows me to book 10 sessions in 10 days and i was told "That's ok, the client will be notified if they don´t have enough credits to attend the class" All i want is that the client can't book the class, i dont want them to book to be told nearer the time "sorry you don't have enough credits" they will turn up and say "but i booked and the system let me?" Very frustrating for a business owner and terrible customer service

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2018

Hi Sean, Thanks for the time you spent to review our product. We're sincerely sorry if you are experiencing an unpleasant situation with the product and with our CS Team. We took a look at the conversations you had with our consultants over the last days, and we noticed that there was rather some confusion between the many questions asked and the many solutions provided, which inevitably leads to confusion and frustration. Our advise is to send one, fully detailed email to support@virtuagym.com, explaining exactly the challenges you are now experiencing, the way you would like to work with the system and - if you like - any improvement that you would like to see (maybe there are some features you aren't aware of yet!). Plus, with our live chat service, we can help you further with your real time queries. We believe that - this way - we can achieve a way more constructive communication, helping your business to take off with us! We stay at disposal. Your, CS Team

Robert from Rise Fitness ho ho kus

Terrible Terrible Terrible, stay away!

If they provided a good service that people wanted to continue to use, they would not need a 12-month contract. They have great, slick, fast talking, smooth sales people, and the website is great and it all sounds so good. They do not offer a free trial and the only way was to sign up. They had me convinced, and they said that all that I wanted they would deliver. Well, once I signed the contract that all changed. With a hefty set up fee, which included them loading the excel list of my client info into Virtuagym, they didn't do anything else, so that is a huge rip off. Then the story continued to fall apart even more. They claimed to have this amazing app for workouts which turned out to be incomplete, and not able to adjust a parameter in it like they promised it did. The sales tax is included in the pricing, so for US market this is an issue, and they had no good solutions. During the sales process they said they have tagging feature which for my business is key, and when I got to use the program the tagging feature was up, but you could only add tags, the delete button they told me has not been built yet and there was no reporting I could pull from the tags, essentially it was useless. They said well in few months we will have. I asked what is few months, they had no answers. Then they gave me a huge runaround about canceling and this being a breach of contract. Oh they also had they numbers wrong and they 2.5x charged my monthly fee, and demanded a fee to get out of contract, while acting like they were doing me a huge favor, after I with my staff put in over 20 hours of work to enter information, and research and work through all the problems we came across. Totally dishonest, totally wrong on so many levels.

Pros

Great sales people that can sell ice to eskimos. The ideas sounds great, and I was super excited to start to use the product.

Cons

The features they promised were either not developed yet, others were not fully functional, and those were the key features they told me about that got me to buy into their product. They took money upfont and wouldn't refund me even though what they promised they couldn't deliver. In over 10 years of being in business this is one of the worst companies I dealt with. End of they day, reputable and confident companies will provide a free trial and no contract. I highly advise to skip this company and look at others that offer a free trial and there are many companies that are month to month because their clients are happy and want to stay with them.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hi Robert, Thank you for your feedback. It's been a while, but we are happy that we have established a good relationship and solved your issues. Continue giving feedback so we can further develop our software.

Claudia from KarmaKin

A user-friendly app!

I started working with the Virtuagym software a few months ago and I am quite pleased with the experience so far! It was important for me to get an app that was personalized and had the functionalities that I needed for myself and my clients. Virtuagym did just that for me! They took the time to understand my needs and offered me a monthly plan targeted to that; they didn't try to sell me extra systems or functionalities that I didn't need. I really appreciated that! Their customer service is absolutely A+++! They always get back to me quickly by email or phone (which is great; who calls people anymore right?!), they offer webinars when you get started and so much more! Everyone I spoke with was super nice, friendly and helpful! As the software itself, I like how easy it is to use and how quickly my clients understand how to track their food, follow their training programs (awesome exercises videos!), join a challenge, etc., thanks to the helpful tips you can find directly on the app when you first download it or on their support database on their website. The only thing I would like to see them add in the future is the option of doing all the admin stuff (professional coach account) from the app itself and not only from a browser. I would like to be able to send my clients messages, see their food diary, plan their workouts from my phone too via the app - just to make everything more accessible! But overall, a great app, great customer service and super easy to use!

Response from Virtuagym

Replied March 2017

Hi Claudia! Thanks for your very kind review. This makes us very proud, as our daily work is alwaysfocused on providing the best service and assistance to our clients. About your feedback, we really totally get it! We're currently working to improve our coaching service on mobile side, therefore stay tuned! We appreciate your valuable time and wish you a very great day. Walter - Virtuagym Clients Success Team

Darren from Performance Chasers

Great software i could not imagine going back to the old way of doing things after using virtuagym.

Pros

The mobile app online portal is great it has saved me so many hours designing plans and I can check and change a client's diets and training. I can also add training plans straight to their account so they have something to follow between one to one sessions as well as giving clients all a printed copy or training plans. I have always had a great service from the virtuagym staff members have always been very helpful and quick to respond to any issues I have had. I have enjoyed using the software so much that I have even referred a few other personal trainers and I could not imagine going back to the old way of doing things after using virtuagym.

Cons

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2018

Hi Darren, thank you so much for your amazing feedback! We are so happy that you are enjoying the benefits of our product and that it helps you save time and effort. Currently, we are working hard to improve the user experience for all of our users. It is a big project, but hopefully in the future it will be easier for new users to enjoy our software. Know that we are always happy to help if you have any questions or concerns and have a great day, Anna - Virtuagym Customer Success Department

Virtuagym saves time and my clients love it!

Pros

I like that I am able to connect with the community and my clients which is important in the training industry. I especially love the nutrition and training apps. It also stays frequently updated.

Cons

Response from Virtuagym

Replied January 2018

Hi there, Thanks for your enthusiast and genuine comment - we love it! It is a big reward for our hard work and we would like to thank you by inviting you to discuss further with us about your request. As you know, we like to be transparant within our developing process and your contribute would be essential for us. Therefore, don't be afraid to show yourself and send an email to our CS team! We look forward to keeping and improving this brilliant cooperation. In the meantime, have a great one! Best, Your CS Team

James from Jamie Scott Fitness

Professional Fitness Software

Very pleased.

Pros

The features of the software is top notch and very easy to navigate.

Cons

Sometimes I need more customer support and it takes days for someone to respond to my questions.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, James Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym! We are thrilled to hear that you find our solutions to be outstanding and easy to use! One of our main focus as a company is providing top quality customer care, and the feedback you've given in regards to the communication topic is of great value to us. It will help us to continuously improve the speed and standard of service we provide. Sending you the best, Your Virtuagym Family."

Mario from PHLEXX

LOVE IT !

Pros

I love how easy it is to use the software , my clients enjoy using the app, I think its a great online gym.

Cons

It would be great to make a better feature for customizing the workout plans.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Mario Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym! We are excited to hear that you find our software easy to use and your clients are enjoying the app we have built for them. Your feedback is welcomed, let's talk about those areas of opportunity you encountered on our workout module, feel free to write to us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA19935 in the subject line. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym family.

Alexander from RED Strength

Amazing gym management software!!!

Everyone at Virtuagym is awesome! Prompt responses, great functionality (although slightly unintuitive sometimes), great pricing, fully featured... Everything I need for my 24 hr gym!!

Pros

I love everything about this software. Being able to sign up members online as well as in person, having people check in with the access control software and hardware, the fast response from support... Its all awesome!

Cons

The only things missing from this nearly perfect software are setting billing dates per client (specific days, weekly recurring), and a card reader for the POS system.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Alexander Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym! We are thrilled to hear such great input from you regarding those solutions such as Check-in, online sign-up, and all other tools that were built for our clients to have successful businesses! We would love to hear more about the areas of functionality that you have found unintuitive. Your feedback is very valuable to us, please reach out to us via: support@virtuagym.com using the code JA37736 to discuss your suggestions further. It is probably also a great time to mention that we are currently in the process of testing out a card reader with a few of our volunteer clients and as soon as we are confident in its seamless performance, we will be making it available to the rest of our clients. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym Familiy"

Jocelyn from Eggplant Fitness

Worst company I have ever dealt with!

Terrible, terrible terrible.

Pros

In the beginning, when I was signing up, they called a few times a week to check in on me. They were happy to hear my suggestions on things that I needed.....however...

Cons

My suggestions were not implemented. After my 1 yr contract was close to being done, I realized, this is not the software for my business anymore. When I used the contact form BEFORE my 1 yr mark, to ask how I go about cancelling my subscription (since there is NO easy way to do this and no information can be found about it). I received no contact back. I later then tried calling, leaving a voicemail. I then received an email TWO months after my initial contact for request on how to cancel! (and a long thread of back and forth) where the support staff has stated my term has automatically renewed and there is 'conveniently' no trace or evidence that I left a msg or used their contact form to request to cancel and I now owe another yr of subscription. I did NOT give consent to this, in fact the contrary. They have been completely disregarding that I even tried to contact them and just so happened to not contact me at all In the 2 months leading up to it. There is no where where I have consented to them renewing my contract at all. This is a complete scam and DO NOT use this this service at all!!

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Dear Jocelyn, We apologise for the misunderstanding but from what we can see, you had submitted your cancellation request through the end-user form. Our app is available for free to our end users and therefore if they wish to close their account, it is a simple form and it seems that it's exactly where you ended up. For our customers, when they accept the 12 months agreement, one of the things they have to agree to before the payment can be processed, is that the contract auto-renews after 12 months unless a cancelltion is submitted at least a month prior. It is, of course, unfortunate that such misunderstanding delayed our contact with you and we greatly appreciate your feedback on our process

Neyli from CANTV

Renewing the body

Pros

A good application for both personal use and professional use as it has a variety of functions. For personal use such as carrying an easy training plan to see short-term results. Business use leads to better performance in its use and project management

Cons

So far the application is very good help

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2018

Hello Neyli, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're very pleased to hear that you enjoy our software and that it has helped you to better manage your clients and their goals! Valuable feedback such as yours will help to give us an insight into your user experience so we can continue to improve our product every day. If you have have more feedback for us or a good idea or suggestion, you can always let us know via our contact page: https://virtuagym.com/contact. In addition, please never hesitate to reach out to our support team via support@virtuagym.com - We're happy to help! Thank you again for your time.

Cole from Rite Track Wellness

A Great Tool

Pros

The ability to program workouts with a wide variety of movements archived in the system helps keep the workout creative for clients

Cons

The workouts I create become locked after a couple weeks, so I cannot go back use the same one for another client once it's locked

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Cole Thank you for your review, We are glad to hear that our workout module has had such a great impact on your business! Your feedback is very valuable to us, we would like to hear more about these inconveniences you've experienced with the workouts getting locked, as these should remain available to you! Please email us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA22781 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you, soon! With warmest regards, Your Virtuagym Family!"

Torrence from Limitless Body Solutions

Great app, can use minor improvements

I enjoy the app a lot, I really like the workout feature. I would love it if there was a before and after feature in the app for clients and if they were able to keep up with body metrics. The nutrition app can use some updating as well. But all in all I'm really satisfied with the app in its features.

Pros

The scheduler and booking features are great as well as the workout plans you can build. The coaching and workout builder is my favorite feature

Cons

There isn't a way for the clients to post before and after pics. The nutrition app is kind of confusing for clients, it could use a update. The workouts disappear if you don't do them on the day scheduled.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2017

Hi Torrence! Thanks for your time spent to write this review, for the kind words and the feedback! This is extremely important to carry out our work towards the right direction. Your feedback on the post/after pics is actually legit! We would love to hear from you how you would personally build it in our system, in order to get useful inspiration. Furthermore, we would be very interested in receiving further details about the other cons you indicated, in order to work on them straight away. Could you please do so with an email to support@virtuagym.com? One of our team will get back to you in order to solve any inconvenience together! Thanks again, and have a great one. Best Regards, Walter - Customer Success Department

Morgan from MPower Fitness

Making training easy

Great tool to use!

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate and the videos make my clients feel confident in the gym when I’m not with them :)

Cons

When I upload workouts using my phone they don’t sync quickly or at all to clients or the website version.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear Morgan, Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to hear you've found our workout module seamless and useful when engaging with your clients. It is very exciting to know that the tools we put so much effort into developing and building for you, have become such great assets for your business! We are currently working out ways to improve the sync process from the app side of the picture. Your feedback is very valuable to us, Sincerely, Your Virtuagym Family,

The software is good. There are some aspects of the app that would attract different genders more.

For a small business the cost of the software is high. This would be great for large gyms or business that are already established.

Pros

The ability to adjust and refine what you want the client to have. They ability to track finances and request payments is great for small businesses. The staff when discussing the software was very helpful.

Cons

All of the exercise examples are with a male. 95% of my clients are female and would rather see a female for examples.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2018

Hi there, Thanks for your kind comment and above all for the time you spent to write it! We are happy for benefits that you are enjoying with our product as well as the challenges in front of us. We hope that the price that you're now paying is only a small investment in comparison with the return that you might get with our product, and we look forward to hearing your opinion at the end of the 12th month of contract in order to further taylor it to your needs! You also have a point highlighting the necessity of building a female model for the exercise and we can assure that this is one of our action points on our roadmap, so let's cross fingers to have it live as soon as possible. Thank you again for your contribute, and please do not hesitate to get back to us with any additional feedback or question you might have! We wish you all the best. Your, Virtuagym CS Team

Stephen from Collinsville Maryville Troy YMCA

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

The Gym that goes anywhere with you

I have ben using the app now for almost 4 months and my community has really embraced it. The learning curve was small and it is fun to use.

Pros

The app is straight forward and built for novice users as well as daily users. One key feature that it excels at is the workout plans. The workout plans help you achieve goals from a novice level and up. If the preplanned workouts are not your fit you can build your own and share them with your club or community.

Cons

The only main con that I can think of is if you want t track your nutrition you need to have a separate app downloaded to do that. This is cumbersome. It would be nice if this was tied into the main app.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Stephen Thank you so much for your review! We are excited to hear that our workout module has become such a useful and helpful tool for your business and clients. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts in regards to how our nutrition app works, and this is why it is important to let you know that we have decided to keep this separated from our fitness app as we saw that it is more useful this way, given the high spectrum of clients we have and the uses of the app! Once again thank you for providing your valuable insight! Sincerely, Your Virtuagym Family."

Nicole from GreaterU, LLC.

Love it!

Pros

I love that it is frequently updated, new exercise are added often, it's clear/easy/concise to use. My clients like the "in app" tutorials and I hear overall great things from my clients!

Cons

I wish when creating a workout you could do more things like supersets, circuits, etc. I also wish you could do timed OR repetitions for each exercise instead of having to make a an exercise for each.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2017

Hello Nicole, first of all, I want to thank you for your amazing feedback! It's great to hear your clients are already making the best use of the App and workout plans we provide in our database. Secondly, I'm happy to inform you that after a few months of hard work, we now provide the option to choose between time and repetition based exercises making circuits and super sets easier to work with. Best Wishes, Alkistis Piki, CS Team

Timo from Ernährungsberatung-Kohlemann

Absolut unzufrieden und völlig überbewertet

Kann ich leider absolut nicht weiterempfehlen

Pros

Design im eigenen Firmendesign möglich.

Cons

Schon die einfachsten Fuktionen funktionieren nicht (Rabatt bei Rechnungen), Übertragung der Daten von Mobil zu Pc unterschiedlich, Synchronisation funktioniert nicht, Apple und Androit haben gravierende Unterschiede. Support gibt alles nur als Feedback weiter aber ändert nichts! Probleme werden nicht ernst genommen und mit immer den gleichen Texten ruhig gestellt. Bereich Ernährung ist für mich wirklich eine Katastrophe was die Programmierung angeht, keine Besserung in Sicht leider. Jeder Bereich hat steckt oft noch in den Kinderschuhen, viele unnötige Klicks nötig innerhalb de Systems.. Lebensmittel etc müssen immer exakt geschrieben werden, Rezepte ändern sich automatisch, können nicht kopiert werden und ändert man eine Sache, wird sie bei allen anderen Kunden auch geändert! DSGVO nicht nach Norm, jeder Kunde wird automatisch in der „News“ Gruppe angezeigt..

Response from Virtuagym

Replied May 2020

Dear Timo, Thank you for your review. We are always aiming to better understanding our client's needs to be capable of addressing them throughout the variety of modules we have built. You mentioned having to deal with different obstacles when using our system and we would like to cover all basis with you on what went on. We would highly appreciate if you could please email us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA9842121 in the subject line, this way we can further talk and provide you with the top quality assistance our clients deserve. Looking forward to hearing from you, Sincerely, Virtuagym.

Malcolm from Twin City Fitness

Twin City Fitness & Virtuagym

Virtuagym is allowing me to better manage my business as well as my clients to earn better monthly profits!

Pros

For my business, the appointment schedule and check in system is the most impactful. The software is user-friendly and the customer service is excellent. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] walked with me every step of the way until I understood the system!

Cons

My clients sometimes have a hard time understanding the nutrition portion of the mobile app.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Malcolm! Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted to see that our services and solutions for scheduling and checking have such great value for your business as it was intended when we created them! In order for us to continue growing as a company, we are always looking for better ways to provide you with useful tools that can help drive your business to higher levels of success. We would like to talk to you further about the areas of opportunity in the nutrition module of our system. please contact us at support@virtuagym.com with the following code in the subject of the email JA4034 to schedule the time best suitable for you. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! With warm regards, Your Virtuagym Family.

July 2016

Narayan from urbanspartans

July 2016

Don't pay and demand a trail before hand

So at the beginning I ask repeatedly if I could trail the app before signing up for 12 months. They never let me. They did do an online presentation with me and I was very impressed with all the features that were shown it had everything I needed so I payed it lump at the start a few hundred pounds and started to use the software. Straight away I realised it was such a bad mistake. It's not at all finished there's so many problems with it, after a week I found a client feedback page and realised I wasn't the only one finding it a nightmare to use... It's such a shame as they have thought of everything but it's not no where near ready yet and if you get your clients onto the software and the app your going to make yourself look incompetent. I tried to get into but no joy I've just given up, can't waist anymore time with it. The hardware is even worse the scales and the writs band "fitness tracker" beyond awful. Beware of any software that doesn't let you test it before hand. Maybe in a year or two this app will be worth paying for but I wouldn't even use it for free as it is, your just going to come across as unprofessional to your clients.

Pros

Customer service is fantastic to be fair.

Cons

Everything else unfortunately.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2016

Hi Narayan, thank you for your honest feedback! I'm very sorry to hear that our system is not what you wished for. We don't offer trials right now, because we have a fully onboarding process which has been very successful for our existing clients. We aim to be a complete all-in-one solution for fitness professionals, and as such are eager to hear clients' feedback so that we can make changes. Regarding the Feedback Group, please take into account that we have 3000 clients and those who are happily working with the system, do not post in those groups. I'm happy to hear that you are pleased with our customer support, but it's a shame to hear we couldn't wow you with our product. I see that you appreciate that we offer different features but since they seem to be not "complete" enough I would love to hear some more specific thoughts and suggestions you have for us. Being someone who has worked with the system, your insight would be the most valuable!Take care, Tasneem

My experience was positive. From the beginning I was able to use the software easily

Pros

It's easy to use, there is the possibility of quick contact with assistance and the enormous availability and continuous updates that make the app easier and more intuitive. The updates also make it possible to continuously icrease the functions and the possibilities of use.

Cons

honestly I have nothing to reproach the app. I will stop using it because my work has changed and it's not in the fitness world so this software is not useful for me anymore.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2018

Hi, thank you so much for your amazing feedback. We are glad to hear that you liked using our software and want to thank you for the time that you took the time to write this review even though you will stop using our software. If you have any additional feedback our comments, please always feel free to share it with us. We believe that we can only get the best product if we work closely with our customers. Good luck with your new career path, we wish you all the best! Anna - Virtuagym Client Success Team