Browse Virtuagym Reviews

Jack from Absolutely Leisure

Customer and End User benefits

Pros

Better than every other system we have used when asking inexperienced or junior staff to pick it up and go with it. The user interface for customers is also much easier and better than others, we have had very positive feedback from our gym members. A good range of tools and options that can be set up and customised without having to dedicate additional resource to operate it. The community noticeboard feature has been vital to our customer-centric approach.

Cons

limited connectivity to big brand wearable tech. We were also unable to use it to manage our online sports hall bookings.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

More customer centric and the ability to interact with our members is a key feature that aligns with our values the best.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied March 2021

Hello Jack, It is highly pleasant for us to know that our software is helping you to run your business in such a good way! We are continuously working on improving our product, and offering more integrations is already on our roadmap. As for online bookings, we can of course help you in setting this up through Virtuagym, so please feel welcome to reach out to us at support@virtuagym.com to better assist you with this! Team Virtuagym

Elizabeth from CFE Nutrition

Nutrition App/Meal Plans

Overall my experience has been well! For the most part about 90% of my clients have been successful using the app. The other 10% really struggle since they are used to the easiness of MyFitness Pal's tracking features.

Pros

I only use the Calorie Counter app and meal plan software. I like that I can see all of my clients food logs, load foods into their meals plans, and customize their macros. It makes it easy to monitor my clients intake to ensure they are hitting their goals to lead to results. Being able to save meals is great, especially when I have clients who eat the same meals a lot, or if I want to save a quick meal for my clients to have access too. I also like how my clients can see the little icon (yellow) to let them know I personally input that food item or created a meal. Overall I have enjoyed using the software!

Cons

There needs to be a way to create a recipe. One like MyFitness Pal, where you load all of the bulk ingredients of the recipe, then attach the number of servings the entire recipe creates so you can log the single serving. It is too challenging for my clients to log food if there is a recipe involved because it is a VERY length process to create a meal based on serving size when it is cooked in bulk. I believe there also needs to be a feature to track the 3 macros in grams versus percentages. Clients have a better understanding when they know "I have to hit 150g of carbs" versus seeing 100% at the top once carbs are hit. In the app, when you click on the percentage circles it gives a large range of macros to fall within. This does not allow for accuracy to truly see fat loss or muscle gain. When it comes to grams of macros, there is a very small window (5g of Pro/Carbs and 2g Fat) to ensure calories are not way over or under. Right now the app can fluctuate 80g which is HUGE that is 320 calories plus or minus on both carbs and proteins , fats fluctuate close to 22g which could be a 198 calorie difference. If someone continually hit high on those macros they would never lose the fat they desired When people input foods, there seems to be a lot of confusion when attaching a portion, or just in general since it autofill's to Macros Based on 100g. I have seen many food items input completely wrong, this could really put someone in a bad position when logging .

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

I liked how it was a completely custom set up with a platform for my clients. I like being able to access each clients food diaries as well as have the option to load meals right into their app! It is extremely user friendly on a coaching stand point and I have had no problems navigating it. The price is also much more realistic for me since I am a super small business. There are some small speed bumps I run into, however, I have been good with overcoming them. I do still struggle getting some clients on board to be patient and take time to learn the software.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied January 2021

Hello Elizabeth, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We are currently working on improving the nutrition app and your suggestions will be, of course, taken into consideration. Please feel free to contact us at support@virtuagym.com.

Jessica from The Center Fitness + Wellness Studio - BarefootFitJess Coaching

December 2021

I love this product for my fitness studio!

I really appreciated the thorough training across multiple weeks on setting up the software to align with my brand & how to use it the way that best fits my needs as a small town fitness studio. The customer has been fabulous if I ever need to reach out, and my customers seem to enjoy the app experience. It’s great to have a community area that’s away from social media for them, plus they can track their progress & receive extra coaching from me there. It’s been a crucial part of my operation of a small, class-based boutique fitness studio over the last year!

Pros

I like that I have a custom app for my members to book the classes we schedule, and that it handles all of the transactions for memberships, goods, & services digitally. I don’t have a cash register in my fitness studio, and everyone can use this app.

Cons

My biggest struggles with the software are mainly due to tech issues to fully utilize the software AND represent all that I want to in the app, which are probably more due to user error.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

The quick & helpful response to trying out the software + the customization options won me over.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2021

Hello Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a valuable review. We work very hard to ensure we provide our customers with a high-notch product, so we are very appreciative to know that our efforts have been paying off. As for the difficulties you have had, you can always reach out to us at support@virtuagym.com for assistance and we will be glad to help! Team Virtuagym

Valarie from Sport Manitoba

Great for clients, not yet great for the business end

We were super excited when we found this software, and thought it could do everything we needed. But as we got into the set up and transferring from our old system it was honestly a bit of a let down. It is a better experience for our clients and that is why we are sticking with it but really hope to see some development on the back end side of it so it allows us to more easily run our business.

Pros

The customer side of this is great. Being able to adjust the app as we want and the ability to program for clients right in the app is awesome. We are getting great reviews from our clients.

Cons

The business side of things need some work. There are very simple functions that the system can not yet do like; limit sale of a membership, integrate scheduling types (appointments, classes, enrollments), adjust membership and invoice dates (after expiry, adjusting payment processing...), payroll report function. It makes it a lot harder on our end to manage our business.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

We THOUGHT it would do everything we needed and was some bonuses on the client side.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

We were not happy with the price increases of MB and the current functionality

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2020

Dear Valarie, Thank you for sharing your Virtuagym experience! We're glad to hear that our all in one solution has allowed your business to connect with your members while driving engagement and revenue. Also, your feedback is very relevant to us as we continue to strive to become the most complete and functional solution for our clients. Let us remind you to reach out whenever you need us by emailing our support team at support@virtuagym.com we'll make sure to address all questions and keep in mind any suggestions you may have to improve the system overall. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym family!

Dan from 4 Seasons Gym LLC

Happy with our service

It has been very beneficial to every day use. From setting up new membership to taking payments

Pros

Was easy to set up with the one on one help going over all features and way to use them. It make our book keeping easy and membership and payment management is awesome.

Cons

Tech support not available 24/7 if there is a problem can take days to fix. One of the features my members like most was when they scanned in at gym door it greeted them by name and told them how many credits they had left. One day it just stopped showing and after many phone calls still not back up.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

After spending days and walk throughs with several different companies Virtuagym stood out.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Had to track membership in to many places and separate place for door system and separate for payments

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2021

Dear Dan, Thank you for providing us with your valuable insight. We are glad to hear about your positive experience with Virtuagym, and your feedback will be, of course, taken into consideration. As for the issue you mentioned you have been experiencing with the check-in system, please feel welcome to email us at support@virtuagym.com so we can look further into this and help you find a resolution! Team Virtuagym

Jessica from Signature Fitness

False Claims

Don't waste your time or your money. I now have to take the time to find a new product AND convert my clients to a new system. This is not ideal at all! I am very frustrated. I've only been using virtuagym for 4 going on 5 months. Avoid at all costs!

Pros

I like the idea of the software. In theory it was everything I wanted. Scheduling and interactive calendar for myself and staff. Nutrition coaching at our fingertips. Progress tracking and club goals/community aspects. Billing and business management tools. Everything sounded great!

Cons

I may need more space: 1. It is not real-time scheduling. You cannot adjust your schedule, plan or delete anything if you are not on the web browser version. As a personal trainer I need the ease and convenience of using my phone to schedule at any given time. 2. The nutrition database is atrocious. Clients and staff are both complaining about the incorrect numbers, portions, nutritional details, etc. It is way too tedious to find the right product and measurements and half the time I am just finding something "close enough." 2b. Meal plans do not save entirely once you construct them. Once you click save, some or all of the items you populated onto the plan will be deleted and you'll have to start from scratch. Waste of time! 3. No progress pics can be added from the app 4. When you want to add a video of an exercise you must link it to your YouTube unlike Trainerize who let's you upload directly from your laptop/phone 5. New members have the HARDEST time getting setup 6. I paid for the customized app and all of my clients have a "virtuagym" app. 7. When I complained about the needed features not being accessible, they gave me a completely pointless feature that I cannot use. All in all, I thought I was getting more with Virtuagym than I had with trainerize but I think I will just go back to Trainerize. I would not recommend this product to anyone who takes pride in their coaching.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Virtuagym advertised more of my desired features but failed to deliver.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Thought I would be getting more with virtuagym.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2021

Dear Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We are very sorry to hear that our product did not fulfill your needs as presented during the sales process. We would definitely like to discuss your experience further for us to have a better understanding of the reasons for the inconveniences you described and find a resolution, therefore, it would mean a lot if you can reach out to us personally at support@virtuagym.com, as we were unable to find your account in our system with the information given in the review details. Again, we appreciate your time in reviewing Virtuagym.

Rita from Fitness In Rhythm

Not Worth the Hassle

Not that great, since the person who told me about the software told me that I had to only give a month's notice for my license to be cancelled, but I am told I have to give a YEAR's notice. I'd also rate the customer service a 2.5 at best, as they like to blame you, the customer, for any issues.

Pros

Ease of putting in client info, though I did not like that everyone was automatically a male. Very strange.

Cons

If you have clients who have expirations for packages, the software does not keep track of it as users book classes, nor does it keep track of the number of credits left as clients use them. You are only aware when there is none left. There is a pop up that pops up each and every time you log on, even if you click on "no thanks" for the notifications.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Mindbody increased their pricing, and I could not afford to keep it. I desperately wish I could.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied May 2021

Dear Rita, Thank you for your review. I do think that there was some misunderstanding so I hope we can help to clarify. You had originally purchased the system back in 2018 and used it fully and frequently for 2.5 years without any complaints. So it seems that you were pretty satisfied with the system overall. Data on packages is available in the Business Analytics section of your portal. When you purchase the system, there are 3 separate instances where the 12 months agreement is discussed, we never conceal our T&C. So much so that your agreement is available to you any time in your portal. The 1 month cancellation notice is part of that agreement. 30 days prior to the end of the 12 months cycle, you can give notice that you do not wish to renew. Respecting your long relationship with Virtuagym, we even went as far as waive the entire remaining 6 months on your license in favor of a smaller payout of 3 months. Sadly instead you threatened us with bad reviews :( All the best!

Eduardo from AD IRON FITNESS

Good and Bad

The part that we really liked was the coach module. That's why we will keep our business partnership. I don't trust in the other parts, honestly, I don't recommend for a gym or studio.

Pros

Coach Module (just the program part), I would say that customer centre a few times did a good job.

Cons

Finances, Schedule, Clint's Session Control (this part was horrible), Analytics never worked.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Because our business is growing and I need a system that help me, I moved most of the tasks to a manual control, doing on spread sheets the work that I paid for Virtuagym to manage. I should had switched before.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2021

Dear Eduardo, Thank you for sharing this with us. We are very happy to hear you are pleased with our coaching module. Nevertheless, our team is continuously working on improving our product, and this is why we will be glad to learn more about your experience with the schedule and the financial portion of the system. If you agree, please email us at support@virtuagym.com to discuss this matter further. Team Virtuagym

Allie from APB Health and Fitness LLC

Great tool for Personal Trainers

I’ve had a great experience between the Programming and the customer service.

Pros

The ability to create workouts with avatars for clients.

Cons

Schedule integration is a little confusing between the scheduler and Appointment Schedule. It would be a lot easier to manage if they communicated or were combined.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

MINDBODY did not have the ability to create workouts with avatars and focused more on classes than individual clients from what I saw.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2021

Dear Allie, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are thrilled to know that you have used the Coach module in such a good way. Lastly, merging the schedule and the appointment schedule is already part of our roadmap, so we will notify you, and the rest of our clients when this has been implemented. Please feel free to contact us at support@virtuagym.com if you need assistance. Team Virtuagym

Dylan from Mory Fitness Solutions

Virtuagym for Upstart Fitness Companies

Helps me stay efficient with business operations, helps build brand, adds value to member experience.

Pros

Software is easy to use, adds value to your brand, and is organized for efficiency.

Cons

I don't know that I have a significant grievance with any part of the software.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Virtuagym seemed to be the best overall fit for me, others have functionality I would like to see VG incorporate in the future but not enough to outweigh total product.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied March 2021

Hello Dylan, Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! We are happy to hear that our product is exactly what you were looking for. Please feel welcome to email us at support@virtuagym.com if we can be of further assistance. Team Virtuagym

Amy from Checkmate Boxing

The WORST Customer Service ever....but really good App based system for workout tracking

I was attracted to them for their features, which I have not found a comparable replacement (maybe I'll will try programming my own in the future), but honestly, it is never going to be a one-stop shop as I was hoping with the way their system is going. I absolutely DREAD talking to their customer support system as they are very ignorant and stubborn about their policies, I think there have been a few people [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have been understanding of our issues and actually tried to help. Everyone else seems to think that our problems are not their problem, and don't really take the time to truly understand their own software. Payment system is absolute crap, you're better off using a different system like Stripe or Square. Their scheduling went down for a whole day and all we got was a "SORRY" e-mail. I mean...our customers were unable to book for a whole day which is several hundred dollars in revenue and that's all you can say? We switched to a different booking software when that happened. But I will most likely keep virtuagym for the fun features they have like the workout tracking and such (and also because I am inadvertently locked in for a 1-year contract that was never fully explained and keeps increasing because no one will take the charges off....yay.)

Pros

Their workout trackers are awesome. I love that they integrate with different companies (though maybe not particularly well) as I was trying to set up an integration with AccuroFit and after two month, it still seems they cannot figure out how to do this. I purchased their recommended bioimpedance scales which is great because we are able to run gym challenges, and members love being able to track their lifting workouts and have a workout player whenever they want. We regularly use the community portal aspects of the software and the app based system makes it easy to talk to members and send notifications about specific things.

Cons

Their salespeople are good. Good enough that with their features alone they can convince you to purchase a YEAR LONG subscription without trying it out. By the way, they don't ever explain to you what features you're paying for or when your pricing goes up, why that happened because you accidentally made some changes that affect your subscription. The customer support team/on-boarding team is absolutely dismal. From day 1, I felt like I was explaining to their support how their system worked. They have no idea what is going on and they basically give you 2 30 min phone calls and expect you to figure it out on your own (when they can't even figure it out). I wanted to setup a system that allowed for different credits and booking based on levels and their onboarding specialist asked me during our first phone call "What software did you switch from and why?" I explained that I switched from WellnessLiving and what I liked about them and person managing our account told me "Well maybe you should have stuck with them." They have an difficult system for trying to reach anyone to answer your questions. They use Zendesk, which is both incredibly confusing as it goes into (how I understand it) a central e-mail system which can take them 1-3 days to get back to you. At which point, they respond with very unhelpful advice or flat out ignorance. Also, their pay service integration sucks. It is very difficult to use them for bookkeeping and POS and I ended up just resorting to Square.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Price point and available features, including integrated community and workout trackers

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Needed more interactive community features and better integration with other products.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Dear Amy, We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the Tracking and the Community modules of our system but are devastated to hear that you had such negative experience with the service that you had received. We would love to reach out to you and see how we can improve the situation. Please check your in-box :)

Itzak from Shao Long, LLC

Perfect for branding my martial arts brand!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were my main points of contact during the onboarding, and the experience was great! Onboarding was about 3 months long, giving me time to work with the app, have my questions lined up and pretty much [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to answer almost everything, and if there wasn't a clear answer, he made sure to find someone who did know and follow up. After every webcam meeting I was sent recordings of the meeting that I still refer to, along with a summary of everything we talked about. Very down to earth, easy-going and made the onboarding experience not so painful. We were able to flesh out everything, from the design of my website to incorporate Virtuagym's webshop of my memberships, to setting up payments, to helping me setup my merchant accounts correctly. With [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], he made the app-making process very easy. Granted, I already had a iOS developer license since I already had 1 app on the market, so that took less time to finish compared to people who might need more attention on how to do that. Other than that he made sure my branded app was looking just the way I wanted and answered all my questions incredibly fast. So far I'm very impressed with how the company handled the onboarding and the design of their software. It has its hiccups but nothing too big or dramatic to make me think less of their software.

Pros

-If you're looking to stick out against the competition, having your own branded app is a MUST. I feel like this company really understands that, with the private trainer sector being highly over-saturated with exercise enthusiasts trying to find a way to stand out. Everyone lives on their phones, so only makes sense to push towards that. I've had the idea for the longest time to get my martial arts brand off the ground and teach through an app, and Virtuagym's setup was pretty impressive. -With the app design, there's a section on my web portal dedicated to just that, from design interface, to what I want to offer, to the schedule and more. By the time my app was ready to go live, all they had to do was refer to my app design section to upload everything. I didn't have to do any app coding whatsoever, so that saved hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars in app developer costs. -The scheduling software is pretty top notch. I'm able to list all my classes and connect it to a calendar on my website that's always live. -The Pro version of my app gives my clients an additional app, the Foods app, where they can keep track of their nutrition, calories and macros. Pretty much gives my clients 2-apps-in-one. -The Support Team has been very responsive to me. They get back to me pretty fast. The onboarding team were awesome and really helped me complete all the things I wanted to offer through my training. -The Coaching design of the software is great!

Cons

-I wish the videos could be connected through different providers. Right now, the app uses YouTube to connect all my exercises to my videos in the app. It'd be nice to offer different means, like Vimeo. YouTube has restrictions to videos, like only being able to load 16 videos per day and sometimes loads slow. -Clients are unable to listen to their music at the same time as watching any of my videos. However, the support team is aware of this hiccup and is looking into it. -One option that I really liked about the previous software I used (Zen Planner) was the ability to list ranks and creating conditions of when they'd be ready to test for a promotion. However, I also understand Virtuagym's focus is sports and exercise, not exclusively to martial arts, so it makes sense that it wouldn't offer this. -The check-in desk software could use some work. Right now it's only Windows-based, so that cuts out other people like myself that use a Mac. Easiest thing they could do would be having an easier check-in process on the dashboard that I could open up on a web browser on my iPad, with pictures of my clients that they would tap to check in. Maybe the check-in software on Windows is great, but I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

I was very limited to Zen Planner as it's main use is for brick-and-mortar type businesses. They tried to implement ways to teach distance classes by partnering up with different studios, but in the end the software wasn't offering what I was looking for, which was a way to market my brand and teach through an app.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied May 2021

Dear Itzak, Thank you kindly for your detailed review. We greatly value our clients' insights on what they enjoyed the most as well as the areas of opportunity. It has been a pleasure onboarding you into our system and we look forward to seeing your brand grow exponentially with this awesome tool at your disposal. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance with. With warm regards, Anna Howard CS Manager

Gregg from RiseFit

COULD BE AWESOME BUT IT NOT

Lack honesty and integrity: they have been dishonest on a number of occassions adn never admit that they are lying to you. They promised us a payment provider other than PayPal in 2016, and we are still waiting. They dont seem to care that much for clients outside of The Netherlands. Very poor support: take too long to return communications, many customers IOS APP's have not been updated since 2018 when they claimed to have notified us all about a change in Apple App store policy and even after two years of apps not being updated they belived it was not their responsibility to assist their customers. During COVID closure they continued to charge full price and even took extra payments out of our account while we were closed and had no income.

Pros

WORKOUT BUILDER Extensive exericse library and custom exercises (including videos) are easy to add. MOBILE APPS There are Andriod and IOS App for customers and a Coaching App for coaches to use. They are good when they work. MANY FEATURES They provide features for Club management, and for coaches and customers. Have not found another software company that address all three well.

Cons

EXTREMELY OVERPRICED. Im a small owner operator and they charge me $300AUD a month. BUGS GALORE .It often has bugs and therefore doesnt work efficiently. IOS MOBILE APP - Has not been updated since 2018 and it has taken me over 2 months to get them to do it.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

At the time they had a much better quality product back in 2016.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2020

Hello Gregg, Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you find our workouts and coaching module easy to use along with the features we provide for club management. Your feedback is deeply appreciated, although we work very hard day by day trying to provide our clients with the top-notch service they deserve, there will be times in which technology will have us facing certain obstacles. The areas of opportunity you've mentioned will allow us to continue assessing our priorities with a better focus as we move along into a path of success. Let us remind you to reach out whenever you feel like it by emailing us at support@virtguagym.com we'll be ready to help! All the best. Virtuagym,

Susan from Pamela Bennett Fitness

Slow Start

Client engagement is active with use of the platform.

Pros

Our studio loves the Community feature of this product to share information, updates, and ease of engagement with clients. Ease of scheduling classes and other functions increases the more you use the platform. The use of groups for specific modalities and increased engagement with instructors is another plus. The mobile app and additional Nutrition App through the PRO feature is also a great feature to pair fitness and nutrition.

Cons

The financial set-up was a nightmare at the start as we were not able to use US payment systems. The turn around time from PaySafe was not at all conducive to good business practices. This seems to have been recently rectified with the addition of other payment options.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

not sure as I was not involved in the product selection.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Split with business partner and needed to have a separate and unique platform ASAP.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2020

Dear Susan, Thank you very much for your review! It is quite exciting to hear that our services have become an ally when it comes to helping your business not only meeting but also exceeding expectations in regards to client engagement. We value your comments about the areas of opportunity you've shared as these allow us to better assess our priorities and improve while continuously building a completely functional solution for every single one of our clients! Feel free to contact us at any time by emailing our support team at support@virtuagym.com we'll be there to effectively answer all questions and address any requests you may have. All the best, Your Virtuagym family!

Alexander from The Crew Bootcamps

What you see is what you get

Fantastic customer care experience, guided setup done with patience from one of their stuff, always available via phone for quick questions, the product is sleak and customisable to a great extent even without purchasing extra packets

Pros

Full Features and the pricing scales depending on your business size. That means that you get full service no matter how small your business is. Once you grow, you start paying more. It's a fair model

Cons

Still no Onefit integration but it's really a minor thing. I cannot find anything else to fault them for

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Fitmanager and Everfit (same company) charge you for each location you open. This might be good for a gym but it cannot apply to a bootcamp outdoors. You just have small groups of people here and there. They were not flexible enough to allow for this and the costs would have been too high.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Very expensive, very limited for a basic packet, not optimised for Europe (irrespective of what they like to claim)

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Alexander Thank you very much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear you've encountered so many benefits in your product and the tools we have built for our clients to not only meet but exceed their expectations. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will continue to do our best when providing our clients with topnotch services as you all deserve! We look forward to excelling in every aspect of our services and making all the necessary efforts to be part of your business growth. Once again, your review is highly appreciated! Sending you all the best, Your Virtuagym Family.

Kayla from KDAVIS Fitness

Great App, horrible customer service

I rate is a 5/5 for the App and a 1/5 for customer service.

Pros

I wish I could rate this App 5 stars for everything as it has been an asset to my business. I use it every single day to run my online business, the app itself is very user-friendly for my clients and easy to use on the back end. It has many great features that make creating and following workouts very easy.

Cons

If you are looking or in need of good customer service, this app isn't for you. They have failed me many times in the customer service department. Slow to respond, sometimes days when I need assistance urgently. My app was down for a month and a half earlier this year, what should have been my best month of the year ended up being my worst of all time. They have a great product, just need to put a lot of work into their customer service.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Kayla Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to hear that our app has become such an asset for the development of your business and that your clients find our many available features easy to use. The situation you had mentioned about your app being down, did you mean that your entire app was actually down, or were you referring to the issue we had experienced with custom workouts not playing? As the only record of the issue that we have is with the workouts and that was due to YouTube changing their license agreement and unfortunately, that affected any business that relies on YouTube to share their videos. We would love to hear more about your experience so we can continue to improve the service we provide to all of our clients. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com and use the code JA18615 in the subject line. Your feedback is very valuable and welcomed! Sincerely, Your Virtuagym Family."

Ryan from L.I.F.T. ACADEMY

By far the BEST training software for Fitness Professionals!

I have been using Virtuagym since April 2016.. I have used other platforms for my business (Mindbody, AmStatz, MyPTHub).. Virtuagym is on another level. There is a reason why they are internationally recognized and used by gyms around the WORLD. What sets them apart from any other service out there is there database of exercises and the ability to demonstrate each movement without having to be sent to a youtube video. The workout builder is awesome and very easy to use. The ONLY problem I can say about it is I wish there was a way to switch between reps vs time on exercises, and allow a way to create supersets & circuits. I have been able to easily work around that by just adding a note in the specific workouts I create. And their customer service has already confirmed them working on updating that portion of the software. Speaking of customer service.. They are amazing! You can call them anytime and speak to a real person! If you email them about an issue, someone replies within an hour. Scheduling clients is super easy. The app allows clients to register for their classes and automatically tracks remaining sessions/credits. The nutrition side is great for holding clients accountable and works similarly to myfitnesspal, but better, mainly because it is integrated with the workout portion of the program allowing clients to track calories burned/consumed. As the trainer it allows us to monitor each client individually allowing the info to remain private between trainer/client. The software also has a online portal allowing you to create "groups".. This allows you to separate members and easily communicate with your entire team. Overall I absolutely LOVE Virtuagym. Whether you're running a small studio (like me) or managing a large capacity box gym, investing in Virtuagym will instantly separate you from your "competition", especially with the custom mobile app! *****5 STARS ALL DAY! *****

Pros

Everything! But most of all I like the Workout Builder. 2nd would be the "Online Portal"

Cons

The ONLY thing I wish they would update is the Workout Builder.. Offering buttons to more easily switch reps/time, type of workout (circuit, hiit, supersets). Also maybe a way to copy exercises if you are doing them more than once within a workout? Virtuagym has already confirmed they are working on updates. In the meantime I have been able to easily work around these by adding little notes within the specific workouts.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2017

Hi Ryan, thank you so much for your feedback! Just reading this made us feel proud about the hard work we all put into creating not only a great product but also cater each client's specific needs. As my colleagues have already confirmed, we are currently building a new version of the workout editor which will include many more different functions such as circuits and supersets. All best, Alkistis

June 2016

Joost from Medisch Centrum Zuid

June 2016

VG can be big

I like VG because it offers it all. In the beginning the development went very fast, but lately I didn't see a lot of improvements. The small details make VG hard to work with. And also for training, I don't like it. It's to complex The supportservice is great and doing the best they can. I hope the development will show some results in the next year.

Pros

Virtuagym tries to be a total sollution, and will be that. But for no it's "in progress". Has a lot to offer. The foodapp is great Customer administrations is good, but need a lot of solvings Roster app is great. Easy overview of groupsessons and PT. Extra pay options are good.

Cons

Trainingsapp is to difficult to use. Takes to much time to search for excersises. App is not ready for Ipad. Customer administrations is not perfect, but for that goal it has to be perfect. It's so unhandy that you cannot undo your actions. Coachingapp is not usable to coach. I want to get a sigh when it's my cliënts birthday, when they want or need contact with an instructor. Taskapp is not easy to use.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2016

Hi Joost, thank you for your honest and elaborate feedback! We are very sorry to hear that you feel Virtuagym is not offering the things you need as a total package at this point. Lately we have focused a lot of attention on creating new option in our Financial part. For example, we now offer recurring online payments for the whole world! Next to that, we've had updates like iCal/Google Calendar connection with the scheduling app, scanning your POS items with a barcode scanner, more check-in options and in the next update you'll see we've been working hard on a Walkthrough system for new (and existing) customers! In the upcoming months, we expect to release more features regarding invoices, but also a new Schedule and of course the long awaited Workout Editor. We are still working on that, it's just a huge project! We'd love to have a call to talk about important things you feel are missing and how we could improve your experience. I will contact you later this week! Regards, Floor

Brian from Procel Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Not Ideal for Small Business Users

I wasn't happy with the onboarding process as training was mostly independent and delay response time from support team. There was no option to buy out of 12 month agreement due to dissatisfaction with the product so you're left with a product that you dread to use. Only made use of their software for a couple months before switching to another product. Currently waiting for terms of agreement to expire so I don't have to see my account being billed by them.

Pros

I enjoyed the community board feature where updates can be posted in real time to the group/clients which promotes interaction. The app user friendly according to member feedback.

Cons

Not ideal for martial arts based businesses. The templates and features within the software seem catered more towards larger chain gyms/health clubs to track fitness stats important to personal training and traditional group fitness classes. The initial sales call made it appear that it would be easier for a small business to use, but it didn't feel like that at all.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

I only considered this product because I was on a time crunch for my Grand Opening and I needed something simple (which it was not) and something inexpensive.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Way more user friendly. Onboarding was a more pleasant experience very timely responses from support staff. Setting up workflow management and students was extremely easy. Way less stress in how this manages my business

Response from Virtuagym

Replied September 2020

Dear Brian, Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that our community and engagement module has become such a great tool for you to connect with your members! Our main goal is to continue improving while providing our clients with the most seamless and complete all-in-one solution package. Your feedback will be definitely taken into consideration. If you ever need assistance, you can always reach out to us at support@virtuagym.com, we will be happy to help! With warm regards, The Virtuagym Team!

Andeas from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Good platform, but no payment system support in Denmark & bad customer service

Good platform, but really bad service. They dont fix bugs thats not working, slow custom service. If you have a gym or fitness center in Denmark / Europa dont buy this system. Payment does support it & there not helping you fixing it!

Pros

- Easy to use - alot of features - Good app setup - Good platform layout.

Cons

- Support reply is really really bad..... Long reply time when you write a email. - No phone line for service or support. - Automatic payment system does not support Denmark (Paysafe, Mollie Sepa, Gocardless dont work in denmark) - Still working to get the automatic payment system to work, but there not helping out.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2020

Hello Andreas, Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about Virtuagym! We're glad to hear that our tools and services work fine for your business and are easy to use. We've worked really hard to come up with the most complete solution for our clients, it's wonderful to know that our app set up and platform layout are a plus for you! Feedback is one of the most important pillars on our company, which is why we'll definitely take a closer look at your interactions with our client success team and continue to work to provide you with the outstanding support you deserve. Let us remind you to reach out at support@virtuagym.com and we'll share with you our new enhanced phone line for questions, concerns, and requests! Wishing you all the best, Virtuagym,

Nancy from Glow Fitness Turks and Caicos

Virtuagym for the solo business owner

They have been really receptive. When their rates did go up - I thought here we go again - and I would be switching software but we found a solution.

Pros

I run boutique private training studio, as well run group classes at another facility. Because I am a sole operator, in my research many of these services can be too expensive as they are geared for gyms and bigger studios. Virtuagym worked with me to design a package that met my needs and I really appreciate that.

Cons

The report system is geared towards gyms and recruiting new members. I have had the same members for years so would love to see reports broken down by product sold each month vs new members.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Mind body increased their rates substantially, which really impacts the small business owner. The only option I had with Mindbody was to cut out features of the package I was using to lower my overall cost, which meant I would have no monthly reports or be able to track group classes and token usage which was integral for me.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2020

Dear Nancy, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our services! We're thrilled to hear that you found an all in one solution for your business to drive results and success while keeping it affordable. Your comments are very valuable to us, which is why we'd like to encourage you to continue providing us with feedback and ideas for us to improve the system every time we can! You can email us at support@virtuagym.com with suggestions such as the one you mentioned about reports and we'll be glad to embrace your petitions. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym Family!

Daniel from SD Fitness

Virtuagym: great all-in-one system

My partner and I began with Virtuagym after I had investigated their booth at the 2016 Club Industry Show in Chicago. From a mobile-fitness owner's standpoint and for traditional clubs, this system can be your go-to for a complete software. First off, their support is exceptional with live chat and dedicated, rapid email response. All of my concerns and questions were always answered in a timely manner and from my requests, they've made changes to our system for us on what we wanted. For specific feautures, Ill touch on a few, but their pdf catalog/brochure really lays out everything nicely for what is offered. New and existing members can sign up for the system via request or going to the club's "online shop" where they may browse the club's products and packages. They can view a schedule with the club's class listings and book their spot. Member's receive their own profile page which can be customized and it is part of the club's own social feed. Groups can be added for different demographic purposes for what population the content speaks to. Members can create their own workouts from a large exercise and activity database, track their progress with many measurement options. Track food with a huge database of foods as well as create your own meals by saving particular foods in the nutrition diary as a meal, so it can be accessed later if the client makes and eats the same thing. Nutrition facts are clearly displayed and this can be a good tool, however does take time and work for one to become proficient and willing to do this all the time. The system syncs with Fitbit for basic statistics and VG has their own activity trackers that go with their system, NeoHealth, which could be a promotion to members. From a personal coaching standpoint, I would grade this system a B. Ive been told some updates are near that would work out some kinks and be useful additions. Push notifications, a "circuit/superset" option in the workout builder, majority of posts on the social feed go through, but some receive an error and most be re-entered. But alot is offered. You can send workouts and activities to the client's activity calendar, set up and fill in their meal plan and set goals. For business, everything is offered. Point of sale, kiosk check ins, marketing, services, memberships and more can be edited for the individual club or coach's liking

Response from Virtuagym

Replied March 2017

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your nice review and for your accurate description of our service! It is great to see how well you are doing and how efficiently we are helping you run your business! Features such as push notification and superset editor (and much more!) are currently in our roadmap, and we hope they will be implemented soon, in order to make us deserve your A-grade! We thank you for the valuable time that you have spent to write this review, and please do not hesitate to reach out if anything! Have a great day, Walter - Virtuagym Customer Success Department

Alex from AG Training

Good product for my Online PT business

Overall I'm satisfied to be able to have a tool that takes lots out of my plate in admin processes.

Pros

Easy to create workouts and deliver them to my clients. Keeping track and accountability are major for keeping motivation. The business admin has been very helpful to keep finances easier

Cons

The customer service communication at the beginning with me was not good, take to long for getting and answer. I see they have been working on it, but still, lots more to do to improve post-sales client service

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

I was looking for a product offering food tracking and workouts. My Fitness Pal still being a little easier for my clients to track food that Food app but the benefit of having the Progress track and exercises on the same platform was the main reason for changing

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Alex! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are excited to read that you have found our workout components and administrative module useful when guiding your clients throughout their fitness journey! As a team, we want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had experienced during your initial communication with our customer care division. We will continue working towards becoming more effective when addressing our clients' requests in order to deliver outstanding service! Once again thank you for your suggestions! With warm regards, Your Virtuagym family.

Rebecca from Strive2BFIT

Satisfied customer

I think a lot of work needs to be done on the client interface in terms of scheduling workouts and how they view these. The word that comes to mind is clumsy.

Pros

Easy to use once you know how. I have been using this for bookings and managing my accounts and it works well.

Cons

The cost to increase membership base. I run Group training and would love to be able to add these members onto the system but it is gets too expensive. If I could I would use the booking functionality more. Further to this the app in terms of clients experience is not great and east for clients to use and understand so I tend to not use this. When putting in place programmes for clients it is confusing for them to find the workouts. This needs to be simplified.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Because I had used this when working at a gym before going out on my own and knew how to use it.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Rebecca Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym! We are happy to hear that you find our modules for booking and managing accounts useful for your business. We would love to discuss with you further how you envision a more user-friendly interface for your clients and we understand that this is the #1 priority for most of our clients. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA35287 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you soon! With warmest regards, Your Virtuagym Family."

Emm from Tick Fitness and Physiotherapy

Tick Performance

Being in another country does make it difficult to follow up with any issues

Pros

I like the content and the presentation, back end content, and app store app

Cons

I am still waiting for Ezidebit Aust to become apart of the integrations - I was initially informed it would be less than 1 year to onboarding but 2 years later I am still waiting.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

To access better back end content

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Emm Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to hear that you find our content and presentation, positive aspects of Virtuagym. We would like to hear more about those areas of opportunity you feel we can continue to work on when it comes to better access to back end content. Unfortunately, our partnership with Ezidebit has been put on hold. With their current pause of payouts to clients, we are unsure when this can be picked up again. But we will make sure to keep you posted once there is a change in their situation. Please feel free to write to us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA23872 in the subject line. Many thanks, Your Virtuagym Family"

Amieris from YWCA of Asheville and WNC

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Thankful for this App!

Overall, our organization is happy with our choice to move to virtuagym. There are some features that we want to see the app develop into, but it offers a benefit to our internal team and clients.

Pros

-The new business analytics feature is going to a wonderful asset to our team -Setting up the app was clear- we had a lot of support from the team -We are able to manage various calendars and systems -The system is very user friendly -There are clear ways to customize the experience -customer service is pretty responsive to the needs of our organization

Cons

-We currently use Daxko billing software and the two systems do not naturally integrate. So our membership data doesn't track into Virtuagym -Programs aren't as customizable as we would like. Individuals have to have their own distinct log in and app in order to sign up for classes- it makes it difficult for doing open community events, or for parents/guardians to sign up their minor child to a class. (i.e people should be able to sign up for more than one slot. -The notifications/move reminders sent to clients-want to have that turned off -We had to work to have weight removed from the first questions that app asked -Overall, we want to have a more "holistic wellness" approach and this app is very normative in its approach to health.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Neither of the product we were using were user friendly, or easy to manage on the back end. The apps weren't customizable and didn't provide any analytics.

Mariano from Ultimate Physique Fitness Centre

'Client Success Team' & Updates problems

Not as it was described upon selection

Pros

Workout plans, meal plans and invoicing on 1 software

Cons

'Client Success Team' & all the issues that come up with each developer's update. After doing our best to keep up with the numerous issues encountered we have 2 major issues that are severely affecting our business. We have already emailed the 'client success team' for months but no temporary solution/help was provided and honestly we doubt even if the issues were understood, further to the replies received. We also asked for the contact details of someone at a higher position and where informed that he can give us a call only next week! 1 of the issues has been reported 3 months ago and till today no feedback/solution whatsoever were offered. It's already the second day with the 2nd issue and this is keeping our business on hold. For obvious reasons such issue is costing us a lot of money plus damage to our reputation with our clients.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Dear Mariano, It sounds like you didn't have the best of experience and we are deeply apologetic for that lapse in service. We will reach out to you shortly to see how we can improve the value we provide to your business.

Nicole from Ladimax Lifestyle

Game changer for trainers and coaches

The staff is exceptional and second to none. The entire process from onboarding to execution of the branded app has been remarkable. The team I had helping me are the absolute best!

Pros

It is very user-friendly with all the bells and whistles required to increase clientele, impress them with a feel of large corporation and offers every tool to allow you to offer a good service to help your clients reach their goals.

Cons

So far, no. They have improved the overall system since 2018 when I first had it. It answered many complaints trainers had back then.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

I liked them from before. I just needed some glitches resolved, more staffing for better customer service and an overall improved service.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

I felt like I had an inferior product to what I had with Virtuagym the first time even.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2021

Dear Nicole, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very happy to hear you are pleased with our team and the system. It truly means a lot to have our customers share their positive experiences, especially during this time. Please feel welcome to email us at support@virtuagym.com if we can be of further assistance. Team Virtuagym

Oliver from The Wellness Business Travel PA

BUSINESS PLANNING AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT

My business model required a software where we can prescribe and schedule exercise for business travellers and the Virtugym software has way exceeded our expectations and in fact has shaped our business plan much more than we could of antipated.

Pros

The software is extremely versatile which has shaped the business direction of our physical activity intervention for the corporate market. The number of exercises and activities listed in the library is amazing, you can really shape your fitness programming to any demographic, we specialise in corporate health and the library provides everything and more for our exercise prescription. Finally, I find that the using the animated personal trainer is really motivating for clients as they are not intimidated by a perfectly toned personal trainer, which can be demotivating, this tool enables you to look at the character and visualise that you can do the exercise demonstrated by looking at an illustration.

Cons

In the membership phase of setting up the software, it would be useful if you can delete membership you no longer wish to keep active, you can only disable them. However, when I asked a member of the customer support team did explain that other users accidentally deleted memberships, so this is why Virtuagym implemented the disable option. So I guess the users need to be more carefull.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2018

Hi Oliver, Thank you so much for your amazing review and the time you took to write it! We are so happy that you and your customers are happy with our product. Of course, we are aware that we can always improve and therefore customers like you who spend time to give us valuable feedback are truly important to us. Hopefully we'll be able to find a more elegant solution to the membership deletion in the future! If you have any more feedback for us, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via chat or email! - Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

December 2021

Kelly from K.B.M. STRATEGIES LTD.

December 2021

Great all-in-one software for managing clubs

Great support.

Pros

High functionality, great user experience/design

Cons

More options for reporting/analytics would be helpful.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Greater functionality with VG and nicer user experience. The ability to create groups to manage challenges and events is great.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2021

Dear Kelly, Thank you for your time in rating Virtuagym. We appreciate the confidence you have placed in us, and your feedback will be of course taken into consideration when deciding which features to add and improve to our system. Please do not hesitate to share your further thoughts by emailing us at support@virtuagym.com and we will make sure to pass them over to our developers. Team Virtuagym

Anna from AnnaRockstar Fitness

Wish the Product Would Work as Advertised

Frustrated

Pros

Customer service is friendly and easy to access

Cons

I give feedback all the time to customer service. I'm frustrated with Virtuagym. I've made several attempts to create motivating challenges for my Rockstar Clients only to be disappointed because Virtuagym is not working right and their data is not being processed into the challenge. This is soooo disappointing. I get my clients all excited for a challenge, they sign up and then it doesn't work. It creates mistrust from them in me and the app and it's a let down. Especially since I am a loyal customer with over 100 members. Also, STILL waiting after months on the sycn for Fitbit to be corrected.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Customer service was easier to contact

Response from Virtuagym

Replied January 2021

Hi Anna. Thank you for sharing this with us! We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had with the challenges. We are already picking this fix up for a near-future release, so hopefully, this will have a positive impact on your business.

Allen from PinkLadies

Customer retention and ease of communication was our primary goal this software smashed those goals

Pros

The fact that I can communicate with all my members in one place, schedule, take payments and have the full functionality of the finance section, but also add in as many staff members as needed specifically to their individual departments just Love this option. Great to track memberships and attendance as well as online option to our business. The support by far is AWESOME the team that looks after the UK clients are simply incredible and they go over and above to help and have worked late working on our system and to know that you have a full office pulling out all the stops to make things awesome for your business is such a relief. Telephone, email and chat feature are the support methods and when that office is shut other offices worldwide pick up the issue and assist so the support package is by far the best I've come across and without them I would have not stayed with the software. But they have gone above and beyond to help us get it right and that I value a lot, team is fantastic real-life hero's

Cons

The notifications are not very quick, and the apps are individual as opposed to being just one for portal, food and coaching. Lot to get head around at first but support is incredible

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2018

Hi Allen, Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so happy to hear you're happy with our product and services. As a company, we try to improve and learn every single day and that is why your feedback is so incredibly important to us! We know what a daunting and difficult process it is to adapt and learn a new system. There is usually a lot to learn and not much time to do so - However, that is why we are here to help, assist, consult and guide you. Please do know that if you have any feedback or require any assistance from us we're happy to help! :) - Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

Yormica from 2EasyFitness, LLC

Review of my experience with Virtuagym

AWESOME FROM DAY 1. I LOVE THAT I CAN SPEAK TO A LIVE REP. That's what sold me over other options.

Pros

I like that I can add this as an additional option for my clients, especially because my business is already virtually based.

Cons

I do not like the credits. They can be a bit confusing to explain to a large base of clients.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Virtuagym offered more options that I was looking for, is easier to use and I have received one-on-one support from Day 1.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied September 2021

Dear Yormica, Thank you for providing us with your valuable insight! We're delighted to hear about your positive experience with us. Please feel welcome to reach out to our support team at support@virtuagym.com so we can learn more about the difficulties you have experienced with the credits system and answer all of your questions. Team Virtuagym

Francesco from Ponteroca

Virtuagym Review

I run about 20 clients online, 95% don't even live in my country. Would be a lot harder without the app.

Pros

Ease of use for me to get workouts to my clients directly on their phones.

Cons

I think its not that easy to get clients stats, pics on the App. I think trainer should be able to set reminders to clients and clientes get measurements and pics on their app that we can see easily when coaching.

Branded App

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2020

Dear Francesco, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Virtuagym! We are thrilled to hear that you are making the most out of our coaching module by connecting with your clients at all times and helping them achieve their goals. Your feedback and comments are highly appreciated, we understand there are some areas of improvement and commit to working on them to provide you with all the tools your business needs to continue driving success! Remember you are welcome to contact us at all times by emailing our support team at support@virtuagym.com we'll be ready to expertly answer your questions and approach any requests you may have. Sincerely, Your Virtuagym family!

Jessica from Corporate fitness works

Virtuagym- CFW

Overall the system is okay. The staff for Virtuagym when calling in should know how to answer every question when asked. The product could have an updated appeal to the server. Make reporting overall easier and have tutorials for learning all aspects of the system rather than having to schedule a meeting with a rep when they don’t know all of the answers to help which delays the process.

Pros

Different options members have with logging their information, easy manual check in process

Cons

Out dated, not being able to merge multiple favorites to one, active with a profile is misleading if the members have not completed the waiver for reporting, reporting features aren’t 100% helpful (shouldn’t have to export in order to run a report). With being with the company for a little over a year the system has went down a lot.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Jessica! Thank you very much for sharing your input in regards to our services and solutions. We are glad to hear that you've taken advantage of the data logging and manual check-in tools we have developed for our clients! Your feedback about the merging options, reporting features, and system steadiness is very valuable to us. We would love to have a conversation with you about the areas of opportunity previously mentioned, feel free to write us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA24699 as the subject of the email. Sincerely, Your Virtuagym Family.

Jodie from Full Armor Wellness

Great Options and Features

Pros

We wanted to set ourselves apart from all other Fitness Facilities in the area. Virtuagym gave us that ability. We were able to create and customize an App specific to our needs and have the ability to make changes as needed as we grow. I love that everything is in one place and we easily view sales and memberships.

Cons

Some of the functions are not as user friendly as others. There seems to be added steps that could be better set up especially in Point of Sale. It was a learning curve to switch to a new system for us, but it seems to be working smoothly now.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

The customized App was the selling point for us. We also receive more for our money with Virtuagym.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Jodie Thank you for your review, We are glad to hear that Virtuagym has become such a great asset to your business. We love the fact that you find our custom app a useful tool for your needs! Your feedback is very valuable and we would like to hear more about those steps you consider unnecessary. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA31136 in the subject line so we can set up a time to chat about your ideas and feedback. (remember, they are doing us a favor by spending their time on us to give us feedback, make it sound valuable to us as well) Looking forward to hearing from you! With warmest regards, Your Virtuagym Family"

patrick from phyto nutrition

I have had success with the Virtua Gym software package.

I have been using the Virtua Gym branded app & all in one package since September 2016. Initially it took a bit of time to navigate the system and find out how I could use the features for the services we offer. After some testing, we built new meals plans, as well as integrated workout plans through the software. My team of Dietitians have been able to incorporate the Virtua gym software into some of our planning and tracking, and our clients have had great success. The software is all inclusive, it has many features available to you, so you can customize your software package to your needs. Overall, I am very satisfied with the product, and it has allowed me to expand my services offering. Customer services has always helped me with any issues I've had. I recommend VirtuaGym!

Pros

The many different software features to run a health clinic

Cons

I was told that the software would link with fitbit scales, however, they do not link to the scales, only the trackers.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied March 2017

Hi Patrick! Thanks so much for your kind comment. Familiarizing with the system at the beginning might indeed take more time than after becoming a Virtuagym master. This is absolutely regular, as it relates to a new and revolutionary way of working! We are very happy that this time was well spent and we hope to have addressed you to the best, as we always strive for! We're working to expand the range of hardwares that we connect to, therefore stay tuned in order to get the best out of our service! If anything, please do not hesitate to give a shout and we'll be happy to help you out. Have a great one! Walter - Virtuagym Customers Success team

Pamela from Sharlin Health Neuro Fitness

Perfect for a boutique fitness center

The setup and support have been amazing. It was so easy to set up personal training packages and sign up new members.

Pros

Keeping track of invoices and member sessions is a breeze. I love having a branded app to share homework with members and the ability to use it to help create community.

Cons

The integration of zoom for online training is not automatic. You still have to send them the link. Two different schedules is kind of confusing as well. Workout handouts aren't easy to read for members and there is no way for me as a coach to create a favorites list of exercises.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Cost and exercise programming integration.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied October 2020

Dear Pamela, Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. It's incredibly helpful to know that you like the billing and the membership modules and that you have found the Custom Mobile App that useful. Our team is continuously working on improving our product, and including the link to an online event after a booking is already on our roadmap. Please feel welcome to browse our knowledge base and our YouTube channel for walkthroughs of all of our features and answers to frequently asked questions or email us at support@virtuagym.com if you need assistance on the above-mentioned topics. Again, we thank you for taking the time to rate us, we're very appreciative of your kind words. The Virtuagym team.

Colten from Hilltop Fitness and Performance

Great customer service and timeliness!

Overall, I'm please with our new software company, Virtuagym. They've been able to answer any and all questions that we've had.

Pros

I love how user-friendly Virtuagym has been. From the sign up process to the member management, the system is very easy to work with.

Cons

The transition from our previous software company to Virtuagym could've got a little easier, specifically talking about the transferring of payment methods. We're struggling to get ALL of our current members involved with the app and to set up their payment methods.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

We were looking for more of a user-friendly system for our employees. Not only that, we wanted more of a cost effective solution to get our members involved at the gym. Virtuagym has done that for us, and more!

Response from Virtuagym

Replied October 2021

Dear Colten, Thank you for proving us with your valuable feedback! We work very hard to ensure we provide a high-notch and user-friendly system, so it truly means a lot to know that our efforts are paying off. On another note, we know that migrating to a new system might be hard, so please do not hesitate to contact us at support@virtuagym.com to better assist you with this matter. Again, we thank you for taking the time to rate us, we're very appreciative of your kind words. Team Virtuagym

Shuntunna from S-Flex Fitness LLC

Virtuagym Review

Love it

Pros

The Virtuagym software is awesome. It has allowed me to start up and run my company without having to worry about billing, scheduling, video workouts, etc. Customer service A+

Cons

No cons thus far, this software is a real blessing.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2021

Dear Shuntunna, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are incredibly grateful to have your support and recognition during this unprecedented time. Please feel welcome to email us at support@virtuagym.com if we can be of further assistance. Team Virtuagym

Jason from Andrews University

December 2021

Easy to implement, affordable and feature rich.

Great software! Excellent support! Reasonable price!

Pros

I really appreciate the ease of setup. It integrated nicely with our University software for easy syncing of Staff and Students. Flexible pricing options for products/services. The App works well and allows people to do scheduling and track exercise directly from their device. Pretty great!

Cons

This software fit our parameters quite well. Only suggestions, might be nice to have more control over App design. But, that really would require features that are probably outside Virtuagyms intended customer base.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Feature completeness. Price. Ease of use.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2021

Dear Jason, We appreciate your time in reviewing Virtuagym! Our team is dedicated to providing exceptional service and it truly means a lot to hear that our efforts have made a difference for you. We are committed to improving our system, so we will definitely pass your feedback on to the development team. Let us remind you to email any further suggestions and ideas you may have at support@virtuagym.com Team Virtuagym

Tracy from Village Fitness

Great product, terrible "contract terms"

After 15 months of using the system it is now more than I need and far too expensive given that I have downsized my operations. I have tried to cancel only to be told that because I was into a second term of the 12 month contract, and not provided notice within the month before renewal, basically "too bad - pay out your contract - that's what you agreed to over a year ago". The sales guy explained to me on sign up that I was committed for one year... alarm bells should have sounded then... When I asked where my renewal reminder was 3 months ago I was told they don't do those and that these are the terms I had agreed to. Even big end insurance companies are required to provide renewal notices! Most subscription services confident in their product give the ability to cancel your subscription at any time.

Pros

The product is great for a big end gym. I like the social media side of things in building a community.

Cons

As a personal trainer of a small business it has proved more than I need and far too expensive given our exchange rates.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hi Tracy, Thank you so much for you feedback. We do indeed prolong contracts with 12 months, as stated in the terms and conditions. I am sorry to hear that according to you this has not been clearly communicated. If there is anything we can help you with then please contact us via support@virtuagym.com.

Jackie from Apex Training BBC

VirtuaGym is an EXCELLENT app, for remote training options!

I must say, having [SENSITIVE CONTENT] as our initial rep, then being transferred to [SENSITIVE CONTENT],as our on-board consultant, was instrumental in giving VirtuaGym a FIVE star rating! All staff members were very kind, patient, and knowledgeable. Special recognition to Jalyzsa for going above, and beyond. She KNOWS her material, hands down. No way could’ve Apex Training BBC would have such a beautifully designed app, along with being proficiency taught how to work through the multiple elements of the app. She’s an exceptional asset to VirtuaGym, and hope the company recognizes this.

Pros

Very user friendly! Nice layout, and organization of tabs, and detailed explanation how to navigate through the program. Chat box, and he ring e-mail support is a huge plus.

Cons

There really wasn’t anything that I didn’t like about the software, except would like some exercises with more foam rolling animation for spinal mobilization, and some power bag movements relating closer to Olympic weightlifting. That’s would I’d like to see, such as power cleans, RDLs, and push presses performed with a barbell. I’m a weightlifting coach. Not seeing the Oly lifts in the program was my only disappointment.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied September 2021

Dear Jackie, Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! It is incredibly helpful to know that you like our system and that you consider it an excellent option for remote training! We are also glad to know how much you enjoyed your onboarding with Jalyzsa! We will, of course, make sure to share your thoughts with her! As for the features you'd like us to include in some exercises, we will definitely take your feedback into consideration in future planning, but realistically this is not something on the short/mid-term roadmap. Let us remind you to email any further suggestions and ideas you may have at support@virtuagym.com Team Virtuagym

Everton from Eyecandyfittness

Virtua experience

Overall I'm pleased with this app so far.

Pros

The billing and scheduling is what I like the most about this app. Billing- keeps the client updated on their payments amd how many credits they have on their account to be able to purchase sessions. Allowing the clients to be able to schedule the days they train. All easy to navigate and a smooth transition of adding my website to this app.

Cons

There will only be a few things I'd change a out this app, clients and the public, being able to write reviews. If the virtual avatar can showcase the muscle this being used, have it highlighted. To show the client the muscles being used in video not only through picture.also if it had a voice and talked the client through the workout. Also, hoping for some new updates on the avatar.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2021

Dear Everton, We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with us! Our daily commitment is to work on improving our services, so this is why we greatly value our customer's feedback. Please do not hesitate to share any further thoughts by emailing us at support@virtuagym.com and we will make sure to pass them over to our developers for consideration. Team Virtuagym

Theresa from Fit for Me with Theresa

Great Program!!!

Great for the money. I am a very small gym, and alot of other companies, want to charge over $100/month for half of what Virtuagym has to offer! With Covid still here I haven't even advertised to get more people in so it's nice I can still afford this great program with everything that is going on.

Pros

I have been using this program for almost 3 years. I absolutely love what it has to offer to me and my clients. Able to keep measurements easily, plus has a great place to get workouts, and track nutrition. I also the communication board!!!

Cons

There's only one thing that was a block for me and that was when I was training some minor and each of them had to have their own account, and was not able to be put under their parents to just schedule all together.

Price point

Response from Virtuagym

Replied January 2021

Hello Theresa! We are very happy to hear about your positive experience with our system and especially, the coaching module. Your feedback will be of course taken into consideration when picking up new features for future improvements in our software.

Terrence from Bodylinez LLC

Good product

Good

Pros

Pretty easy to use. Does a good bit for my business.

Cons

Some glitches in the program and mobile app is tough

More features

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2020

"Dear Terrence, Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that your experience with our solutions has been both seamless and useful. Your feedback is very valuable. Would you please share with us some more details about those glitches you've encountered? Please email us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA15177 in the subject line. Best regards, Your Virtuagym Family."

Marshall from Blue Line Strength Training, LLC

Improvements

Overall good experience but difficult to make payments.

Pros

Overall easy for clients to set-up and use.

Cons

For some exercises it would be nice to have a feature to record videos or be able to post live streams.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Marshall Thank you very much for Review! We are happy to hear that you find the tools and solutions we have built for you easy to use. Just to make sure you take complete advantage of our tools, let us share with you our current streaming options: 1. Here is a link on how to create a custom activity in which you can upload your own videos https://virtuagym.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201870881-Workouts-How-do-I-add-a-video-to-a-custom-activity- 2. We recently launched some other options for streaming and you can find further information here on both articles https://business.virtuagym.com/blog/explore-virtuagym-new-integrations-live-stream-on-zoom-youtube-google-hangouts/ and https://business.virtuagym.com/blog/live-streaming-via-your-virtuagym-community/ We hope you'll find this information useful for your business! Best regards, Your Virtuagym Family."

May 2016

Justine from Babes on the Run

May 2016

Not what I needed

This software is better suited to someone wanting to manage clients one-on-one, manually. After trialling for a few days, I realised that it wasn't going to suit my business coaching needs as we do some group programs (as do many Personal Trainers and gyms) and I need a system that has automations integrated and the ability to tag and group my clients based on the programs they are doing. This system cannot do this. This company doesn't advertise a free trial period like many competitors but is still bound by the cooling off period on its contracts. I cancelled 5 days into trying to set up the system. A week later, after advising the product wouldn't suit, I am still waiting on an answer about a requested refund and cancellation of my contract. Even though by law, Virtuagym must provide at least a 7 day cooling off period, 8 days later they still won't confirm that I can cancel. I still have to wait 'on management reviewing' my case? I have trialled 3 other systems and haven't had any issue up to this point. There are some amazing programs on the market but it's hard to ascertain the functionality of system until you work in it. I have now had to advise my bank of this dispute and to challenge the current charge plus any further. I am really disappointed with this poor service.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied May 2016

Hi Justine, Thank you for reviewing Virtuagym. It's a pity our software didn't completely match your needs. I would like to clarify something for the readers of your review. We do not offer a trial right now, because we want to help you get the most value out of the system. A guided onboarding process has been the most successful for our existing clients. Our solution is very extensive and flexible, and therefore we prefer to help our clients getting the most out of it based on their needs. Together. Also, as far as I know, a 7-day cool off period only applies to consumers, and not to businesses. I can see you signed a 1-year contract with us. By law, I don't think we did anything wrong. This is the first time I heard about this specific case happening, so I assume that's why it takes a bit longer to get back to you. Our support team will be back in touch with you soon, and I'm sure we'll find a satisfactory solution. Best regards, Tommy Klouwers Marketing Manager

Pascale from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Terrible Customer Service

Highly recommend against using it.

Pros

Variety of workouts and easy to use for food logging.

Cons

The customer service! First it took about 1 month before I could even use the customized app. Then I couldn't see my workouts in my app. Apparently that was an Android issue and took about 3 weeks to be fixed. I used the software for some time and, since my client don't really use it, canceled my 1 year commitment 30 days in advance. But nobody seems to be available to acknowledge my cancelation. There's no phone number, no chat feature or anything. Very upsetting and time consuming. They better don't charge me again since I fullfilled my 1 year contract.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hello Pascale, Thank you for your feedback. We understand that the CMA process can be a little overwhelming and take a little too long for our clients to complete. Because of that we had since introduced a CMA Specialist to make the process fast and easy for our clients. Glitches with Android is something that is unfortunately outside of our control and we work closely with Android and iOS to find a swift resolution do minimize the inconvenience caused to our clients. All that being said, we do wish to apologise for the delayed cancellation process. No excuses there and we do appreciate you taking the time to bring that lapse in service to our attention. Thank You!

Shane from RiseFit

Will be good in another 1-2 years I think, but currently not as great as it makes out it is.

Pros

The software has the beginnings of a well rounded, professional platform - IOS and Android applications complement the Web Portal Interface. Many of the features are workable, some are much better than the other alternatives on the market.

Cons

Lack of visibility in product's development - as a client we don't know when a promised feature will be released (if ever). Basic functionality such as the ability to create supersets inside the workout editor took years to implement; VG stated that this was because the workout editor needed a complete redesign; but did not give anyone any idea of when this would be released other than *soon*. Billing automation is clunky and does not integrate with many of the vendors in the market.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hi Shane, Thank you so much for your feedback! We completely understand your point about the transparency of the development of the product. Our road map changes based on the developments in the fitness industry, so providing actual release dates is not common in the SAAS world. We do want to become more clear in the way we communicate updates. Thanks!