Browse Rethink Reviews

Stacey from Helping Hands, Inc.

Rethink User

Our use of Rethink has been positive, however at times it takes quite some time to communicate via telephone with representatives. I feel customer service representatives and the overall program are responsive to concerns and each individual suggestion is taken into consideration as though they are your personal programmer.

Pros

The best feature of this software are the preprogramed behavior programs and objectives.

Cons

At times inputted information is not saved and the data entry is not friendly if you are entering data from other days. It does not allow you to edit data. This is necessary at time due to the fact that there may be errors in "real time" data entry.

Response from Rethink Behavioral Health

Replied March 2021

Thank you for your feedback and review!

Bethany from Over the Rainbow Behavioral Consulting

ABA

Overall we like them. We feel it is a little pricey for what we actually use, and as a program that serves those most in need, we are paying for staff, not clients.

Pros

The individual customization it allows us to have for our company. I also love the immediate feedback to questions and problems. The task analysis and video models for training on software use and plan implementation are fantastic. I really like the RBT coursework. I wish there was a way to have people take the class without having to pay for the whole thing if they are not using all the features. Many of our potential behavior techs don't make it past the classes.

Cons

Scheduling doesn't allow for scheduling multiple staff members or kids at the same time. (For example: Scheduling staff monthly meetings we have to go into each staff member to schedule or make changes instead of doing a group schedule.) The treatment library is too educational in nature. The plans are fairly useless to us in the field as they are not designed for clinical practices. The behavior reduction program layout makes it too simple to just check a lot of boxes. The type inboxes are too small to feel usable despite the fact you can write long instructions in them. I also don't like that the system requires us to know a lot about behavior before it is put in. This makes it difficult to track new behaviors. I would like to have the option of techs entering behaviors, and BCBA's making the functional determination. It's a little awkward to filter out errors when technicians make a mistake in data collection after the appointment has been verified. We HATE the interval and duration timers. They stop when staff moves off the page to read something else. The indicators that the timers have gone off is not noticeable enough. They don't work when collecting a baseline at all. All of our interval programs are currently being tracked by hand. The app records zeros if someone logs in to look at a child's programming. The majority of our techs prefer to use their phone rather than a computer so this causes lots of false data.

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

The online training and videos, although staff members now report they don't utilize these features. We also liked the idea of a treatment library, but we find most of the recommended plans to be too simplistic for the service we provide.

Reasons for Switching to Rethink

Data was screwy. The system was extremely glitchy and was purchased by Central Reach.

Jaymee Ann from CAMEN Behavioral Services

Review from a Previous Super User

I have been a Super User for a previous company who used NextGen and eClinicalWorks. With the knowledge and experience that I have with those systems, and the relationships that I have had with their developers and trainers, my expectation for a software's functionality and ease of access is high. With the 6 months that I have been able to use Rethink, I definitely have my wish list items on how this software can be improved. Just like other electronic health record systems, the users want a long list of features and capabilities built in without understanding the system building in the background. Consequently, developers design the software lacking the knowledge of what the users need in the software experience on a daily basis. I have not had the chance to explore the system to its fullest potential to be able provide a more in-depth review. Check back with me in 6 more months after I have been able to learn and break the software.

Pros

I like the graphical presentation because it is data driven from what was entered.

Cons

There are several areas in the software where you would assume that information would pre-poulate and flow into. I am still finding myself free typing numerous fields that I feel would be better if the information can just pre-populate from a different area of the software. For a software that would promote ease of access, there are still more clicks and typing that I need to take in order to get what I need done. There are also way too many drop downs and switching windows happening within the software just to see the information I need. I understand that with Applied Behavior Analysis, we like to have as much information as we can document, however, it does seem cumbersome when I need to view or glance something real quick and end up clicking more times than I would like. Data can easily be deleted by those who have permission to do so. That being said, timestamps or a security log of the users who edited or deleted data would make sense. There are also several bugs in the system like filters resetting and lists dragging you back to the beginning after clicking in the text field.

Response from Rethink Behavioral Health

Replied August 2020

As a new user, we look forward to working with you! Our team has a process to collect valuable feedback from our current users. We also have a team of expert BCBA clinicians and business operations professionals working collaboratively with our developers to ensure user needs are being met. Welcome to the Rethink community!

Dresden from MKE Behavioral, LLC

First World Requests

Really happy so far with the software and customer service. I am nervous about getting more clients as the $50 a month will become costly at some point.

Pros

I really like Rethink and it is capturing everything I need as a small business owner. I like that the time sheets are tied to session notes. I love the payroll export and billing export and find them very easy to use and scrub.

Cons

I think the schedule area could be a bit more user friendly. I came from Central Reach scheduling that would allow you to drag and drop appointments. But the biggest request would to be to be able to see multiple staff and client schedules at a time (not in the group calendar section) on the main page. It just is easier to visual plan scheduling that what is provided in the group calendar section. Clinically I'm BEGGING for manual mastery! And not the work around of changing the mastery criteria. Also, I would really love to see playlists that have programming grouped together. I know the staff can check or uncheck in the skills sections but just having a playlist from the back end would be great.

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

It was a one stop shop and the billing/payroll reports.

Reasons for Switching to Rethink

I didn't like having multiple systems and softwares to keep track of. I like that Rethink is a one stop shop.

Denise from Optima Family Services

My point of view

It has been great, and i have recommended the software to other agencies. I love the support on rethink side. feels like we work as a team from the beginning and still almost 2 years in.

Pros

the software is user friendly, as time goes by new programs are implemented to keep up with the needs. I also like the fact that when there becomes an issue there is a team (support) that we can reach out to.

Cons

some of the programs needed do that time, on a business point of view, not always easy to wait. would be great to have more of a note section besides whats in the demographic area. If there is an issue with rethink such as speed or update of software that may be causing the system to be down a notification be on rethink when logging in, this way our field staff is aware at the same time. rethink currently has it for anything "new" , why not when its having issues

user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Rethink

need a software that provided the billing as well

Response from Rethink Behavioral Health

Replied August 2020

Thank you for the valuable feedback!

Alisha from Collaborative ABA Services, LLC

Rethink for ABA Therapy

Overall, the experience with Rethink has been positive.

Pros

The software provides a one-stop solution for data collection, notes, and scheduling for appointments. Staff can use one software for their timesheet, and also access the resources available including the RBT training, and additional resources available.

Cons

Cons include the inability to easily access the client's progress. You have to select each program separately to view the graphs. The program also does not have a feature that systemically masters out targets and open new targets when mastered. Maintenance targets have to be checked or unchecked routinely, the program does not assign them systematically. Overall, if the program had a dashboard that easily viewed the client's progress including targets progressing and failing, graphs, and ability to systemically program the targets, it would be more functional.

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

We chose Rethink due to having everything in one platform including RBT training, videos, and materials.

Chasidy from IMPACT

Industry: Mental Health Care

Pros

ability to pull program data into reports and self-graphing,

Cons

I'd like to see some kind of program checklist that technicians can see prior to starting to collect data (a report that shows them what skills were practiced in the previous session). I'd also like to see some kind of report that technicians can read from supervisor updates. When I used to do paper data recording and session notes, the techs could read the supervisor notes, updates to programming, changes, etc before they began their session.

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

I had used this PMS with another company, it was not only familiar, but the ease of use was a perk. It is not hard to train others on this system and the learning curve isn't steep. It seems to have most of the functionality that we need and have used many of the aspects of the system.

Response from Rethink Behavioral Health

Replied March 2021

Thank you for your feedback and review!

Sarah from Gateway Adaptive Services

Ease of use

Is been nothing but superior

Pros

The learning curve when using this software is small. The training and demonstration is straightforward and easy to navigate

Cons

Nothing at this time, I have only had positive experiences

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

It had all the components I was looking for and seemed to be the best fit for a smaller practice.

gabe from Key autism services

Rethink review

overall my experience is 7/10. It is a user friendly software that if it doesn't freeze can work very well and has a of resources.

Pros

The program library allows you find other useful program to add for your client, the training videos are also very helpful for training parents, and is it very user friendly.

Cons

The program frequently freezes, sometimes from freezing a report end up not being saved and I have to write the report over again.

Shelby from Collaborative Behavior Group

Simple to use

Pros

I love how simple the app layout is and very easy to use.

Cons

Although the app is easy to use due to its simple layout, I wish there was a way to see previous data and overall percentages and graph points to see the client’s progress in treatment.

Haley from Accelerate ABA

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Very satisfied with all Rethink has to offer!

- We have saved so much time using Rethink! All of our company goals are saved and can be edited/ modified for future clients. There is also a wonderful list of pre-populated goals that clinicians can access and modify as needed. - We feel very organized! All of our documents (i.e., intake paperwork, session notes, pictures, schedule, graphs) are in one location and easy for staff and families to access. - We have saved money! We do not have to buy binders, paper, ink, and storage cabinets to store data and session notes in. We do not have to spend money have behavior technicians graph the data. All the data isn automatically graphed for you.

Pros

Rethink is extremely user friendly. All new staff members have learned how to collect data, look at our goal bank, analyze the automated graphs, and submit session notes (that our families read/review) within their first week of employment. This system is also user friendly for families. Families can see pictures of their children, read session notes, look at their Child's goals, and they always have access to their Child's schedule!

Cons

The only thing that gets a bit tricky is collecting partial interval/ whole interval data with Rethink. Once you open a Childs program for that day, the timer begins ticking, even if you are not ready to collect data on the particular program that is using partial interval/ whole interval recording.

Alfredo from 360BH

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Overall all great experience!

Pros

I first began using rethink in 2017, I have been consistently impressed with its software capabilities and enhancements throughout the years. Its interface is incredibly user friendly and features allow me to utilize numerous tools that are needed for great data collection. Using this online platform has allowed me to effectively and efficiently implement BHT. The customer service department is readily available and tremendously considerate of the consumer needs.

Cons

I would like to see an expansion in the automatic notification capabilities. Currently, the system does a good job prompting the user when a student is successful in achieving his/her goals and objectives but does not flag it when there are plateaus, regression, or setbacks. It would be nice to get a pop if the system could recognize that skill is not being met.

Response from Rethink Behavioral Health

Replied August 2020

Thank you for being a great long-term client and for this review!

Breanne from Apex Behavior Consulting

Top Notch Practice Management Software

Rethink has made us a better company by streamlining our systems, improving communication, maximizing time, and freeing us up to focus on providing services to our clients.

Pros

We have been with Rethink since early on in their software development. We have been impressed with how Rethink has evolved to meet the needs of its clients. They regularly add new features and make changes based on feedback from its clients. Their customer service is responsive and thorough. We rarely have problems with the software but when we do, they are quick to fix it. Everything about the software is very intuitive and it is easy to train our staff on how to use it.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons about this software. Any improvements that I have suggested over the years have happened.

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

Better customer services and ease of use

Reasons for Switching to Rethink

Penelope did not have the specific ABA data collections features that Rethink does.

Response from Rethink Behavioral Health

Replied August 2020

Thank you for the great feedback!

Allie from Kaleidoscope Intervrntions

Amazing Customer Service

Overall, ReThink has been amazing. The Customer service responds within hours to any concern, and consistently seeks feedback on how they can make their already amazing software better. This means we have not only consistent, but quality communication with a team dedicated to improvement. Our sales rep reaches out to let us know of improvements, and checks in with us to make sure we're not having problems. I've been able to create schedules, auth trackers, dedicated and unique session notes. The amount of customization has been incredible.

Pros

ReThink is designed to help providers actively create a schedule, monitor client data, work with one another, and basically be a one-stop solution.

Cons

The set up was a little complicated, but once we understood how to, it was very easy.

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

The price, quality and customer service was by far better with ReThink.

Response from Rethink Behavioral Health

Replied August 2020

Thank you for this great review. We are very happy your experience with us has been positive. That is our goal!

Esther from Nexus Solutions for Autism

Industry: Mental Health Care

Better than the last product but not perfext

Would I go back to our previous system, no but this still needs work

Pros

Scheduling and data entry are integrated.

Cons

The options for reporting data need work. There needs to be options for taking data on individual targets but displaying an overall cumulative graph for the program, not each individual target. The reauth report is a less than masterful copy paste. There should be perhaps a menu of features you want to include. Not all funders need the same info.

April from Dominion ABA

Rethink BH!

I enjoy rethink and how it is easy to use.

Pros

I like the functionality of the Rethink software and how useful it is to the ABA world and my company specifically.

Cons

There are a few features within the app that could be better to help when doing live data and billing within the app. Also, the inability to maintain a specific goal order when creating funder reports within a clients program book.

Hayley from Constellation ABA

Rethink Review

Rethink has been a greta asset to our company. We have has a wonderful experience but there are some improvements that need to be made. I am under the impression they have a specific amount that roll out every quarter but it may be beneficial for things to roll out sooner.

Pros

Rethink is easy to use on the browser but I do feel the app has a lot of improvements to make before we can fully use it. I like how easy the scheduling is, navigating between clients, navigating the client portal and the ease of collecting data.

Cons

Not being able to take baseline data on specific target behaviors, issues with the whole system "going down" during sessions and not being able to do session notes/verifications, issues with data collecting with more than one data point per session, not being able to change the date of sessions after they are verified. I have more but our rethink team are aware.

Edmund from Behavioral Initiatives, LLC

Rethink Rocks

We enjoy working with Rethink staff and the platform. We have explored similar offerings but none stack up to Rethink.

Pros

Its easy to use, provides good reporting information, and it provide a comprehensive suite of platforms that support our business.

Cons

I would like reporting to be more customizable. Ability to request reports that maybe only used by our organization. I would love the ability to customize the reports that are available.

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

Training and Resources available on Rethink is far superior to what you get elsewhere.

Kristen from Phase One Behavioral Solutions

Amazing guidance and customer support

I am truly amazed at how responsive all the members of the ReThink team have been. I have had immediate responses to emails and questions, live guidance and templates to follow when I was going through training, and support with billing - which I had NO IDEA how to do. None of the staff seem inconvenienced by my ongoing questions or mistakes. This is my first business and getting started couldn't have been easier. Thanks, ReThink!

Pros

The software is all inclusive which makes it easy to keep all of your business data and billing in one place!

Cons

A few minor inconveniences noted when going back to fix data, dates, but nothing that can't be fixed. Just takes a bit of time when you make an error to delete and re-enter data.

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

I initially looked at price first, but then was sold when the went through the virtual tour of the software. It had everything I was looking for and seemed user-friendly. The company was also accommodating to my financial situation and made an exception to my membership that best fit what I needed for clients/staffing.

Response from Rethink Behavioral Health

Replied August 2020

Thank you for this review! We are always here to help.

Kyle from Behavioral Framework

Great Behavioral Health PMS

Pros

Rethink has been a pleasure to work with. Their onboarding and support teams are efficient and proactive. It is clear management cares about their clients and is invested in their success. Rethink has streamlined our internal processes and given us more time to focus on what matters: our clients and delivering the best possible care to them.

Cons

This industry is complex which forces software vendors to create highly flexible and complex products to meet all the various, and quite different, requirements across providers and States. This power makes certain things confusing at times, but the support team is available to help answer questions.

Response from Rethink Behavioral Health

Replied August 2020

Thank you for the great review!

Lisa from Endless Potential

Consumer

We switched from paper data to electron it capture during Covid. As an “older” employee, I am Magine the transition was going to be difficult for me. As I’ve gotten accustomed to taking data on my phone, it is much easier, less cumbersome and less intrusive then a stack of papers. I love the ease-of-use and the quick capture of data points.

Pros

Ease of use for data tracking, entering. BX data and scheduling.

Cons

Since this is my first experience with this kind of software, I cannot think of any cons at the moment. It seems to be improving all of the time and very easy to use from my perspective

Lourdes from Vida Training Center

Best Customer Service !

Pros

Easy to deploy and very simple to operate

Cons

Retrieveing the data and reporting can be improved

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

look and feel and customer service

Response from Rethink Behavioral Health

Replied August 2020

Our goal is to make it easy for our customers! Thank you for this review.

Tiffany from Infinite therapy solutions

Love rethink but here is an idea.

Pros

It’s easy to use to write session notes, search up clients info and hand in hours.

Cons

My least favorite thing is being timing on the page, it doesn’t always save my work. I also think you should add a photo option, so that therapist can upload children work so supervisors, parents insurance can understand more of his or hers progress.

Tristeena from Black Hills Behavior

Rethink Review

ReThink provides data collection for tech to easily be used, it helps coordinate schedules.

Pros

Scheduling is the best resource for my particular job.

Cons

Scheduling lacks some important keys like when a staff member will be out. The basic availability can be overseen.

I did not purchase

Don from Key Autism Services

cross company usage

For my uses, I find it very hard to use the system.

Pros

Supervisor access is decent. Calendar functions are good for booking

Cons

Freezes a lot Scheduling system is not robust at all Does not have capacity to integrate with other systems that can benefit many orgs Reports are pretty awful

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

At the time, we believed the RT BI and promises for integrations would cover our growing needs.

Carshena from Autism Behavior Consultants

Mixed bag

Pros

Having access to the data from anywhere is a huge benefit. It allows the Behavior Analyst to be quickly responsive to changes in the data. Also, Rethink allows for data to be analyzed in a variety of ways so that a BA can look for patterns. This saves an immense amount of time for the BA.

Cons

There are many features that may be still in the pipeline. For example, the ability to customize the graphs so that the visual representation reflects what is happening. Our BAs typically extract the raw data from Rethink and generate an Excel graph. We have had to learn how to write goals and programs to fit how Rethink collects data instead of the other way around. Several "workarounds" have been provided. These require more time from the BAs and are not efficient. Many other features have also been requested in the areas of data collection and visual representation. Customer service is friendly, but the delay has been extensive.

jobe from BACA

RBT

very useful and easy to learn how to use.

Pros

The access to teaching recourses and the scheduling convenience

Cons

glitches in the system when selecting session notes on the calander.

Jolynn from Allegheny Behavior Analysis Services

Rethink feedback

Pros

The calendars are helpful for scheduling and with the upcoming e-mail feature for scheduling, it makes things look easier in regards to communication with the team.

Cons

It would be great if there were some type of symbol indicating which funder reports have been added to the client's file cabinet and which ones are missing from the file cabinet.

Lorretta from Laugh and Learn Therapy

Nice Features!

ReThink s great for helping with our insane scheduling

Pros

It is so easy to use and is comprehensive. I love the you can keep taking data offline

Cons

The glitches are annoying. Support is not always easy to get in touch with nor are they timely in solving an issue.

Reasons for Switching to Rethink

Cost and the features that ReThink has as well as it's connection to MRC.

Response from Rethink Behavioral Health

Replied March 2021

Thank you for the great review and feedback!

Scott from Dreamcatcher ABA LLC

ReThink

Time. Rethink makes business much faster, freeing up time for more focus on services.

Pros

The best feature of this software is how easy it is to use once it is set up.

Cons

The software needs to be adapted to include other diagnoses and treatment strategies other than just Autism.

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

Rethink is the most comprehensive, user-friendly software on the market.

Response from Rethink Behavioral Health

Replied March 2021

Thank you for your great feedback!

Anna from The DATA Group

Industry: Mental Health Care

Pros

Scheduling is very convenient snd i like how the hours for the authorization are added up.

Cons

The app doesn’t do as much as I’d like. And the web version doesn’t work well on my phone.

LAKEITHEA from A Change In Trajectory

Amazing

The system was easy to use and manage the test were relevant and understandable.

Pros

I appreciate how each lesson has a visual example.

Cons

If you had to step away instead of starting where you left off the system starts you all the way over.

Reasons for Choosing Rethink

It was required for employment

Brittany from Powers Behavior Analysis

Love it

Pros

Having all needed admin tasks in one place

Cons

Creating schedule can be time consuming.

Taylor from Key Autism Services

Amazing

Pros

Rethink is easy to use and understand and support is always there when I need help

Cons

There sometimes is a lag from when I input data to when I can see graphs but that is limited

Jessie from We laugh and Learn LLC

Great Tool

Pros

The software is user friendly and allows you to have access on multiple platforms; computer or phone for instance.

Cons

The con would be that I couldn’t speed up the videos on some.

Shalina from Autism Behavior Services Inc.

Very Helpful

I am learning ABA through Rethink Behavioral Health, and I think it is the most reliable and easy system to do so.

Pros

During training for my new job at ABSI, the training modules were extremely helpful and was a very easy format to follow. The videos were very informative and the quizzes helped even more to retain the knowledge.

Cons

I disliked how it was hard to verify for my sessions on the computer or laptop however on the app on my phone it was very easy and quick to verify sessions/appointments.

SarahBeth from BACA

Good

Pros

Fairly easy once the process is understood!

Cons

Complicated at first but then evened out

Carrie from Autism services of kansas

Helpful information

It was good

Pros

Easy to navigate through the videos. The quizzes were beneficial

Cons

The system would freeze time to time and I have to restart videos all over

Lori from Califoria Psychcare/360 Behavioral Health

Autism

Its been alright. would like better tech help with timely responses for assist in use.

Pros

I like that it organized all in order and that you can watch actual pratices.

Cons

I dont like that you cannot stop, get out of videos and later go back to where you left off.