All TherapyNotes, LLC Reviews

Reviewed June 2021

Great customer service

Carolyn

Reviewed October 2021

Good Software platform for the money.

Overall I am happy with Therapy notes since my biller can access my records and I can utilize the telehealth portion easily. I just wish it had more resources for therapist available.

PROS

The collection of patient data is very easy.

CONS

Compared to Simple Practice, Therapy Notes resources for clinicians is null. I would say that has been the most disappointing as the only forms provided are for the demographics and any other forms must be created and uploaded by the clinician. Additionally there are no forms for assessments to give to the client based on their diagnosis or information that you can send to them. Also, you have to manually send out the forms for each new client where Simple Practice did it automatically.

See above.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Because my colleagues were using Therapy Notes so it would be easy to navigate if we needed to access each other's scheduling and it seemed a little bit less expensive than Simple Practice.

Melanie

Great Platform, Excellent Customer Service

I have been and continue to be very happy with TherapyNotes! It makes my job easier, and offers everything I am looking for.

PROS

TherapyNotes is a straightforward platform that makes it easy to complete notes, keep track of scheduling, and manage billing. What I like best though, is their customer service. They are so easy to access and have been incredibly helpful!

CONS

Initially there were a few features (like being able to customize forms) that TherapyNotes did have, but they are continuously updating their platform and have added these features!

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

One of the biggest reasons was the "To-Do" list TherapyNotes has--it allows me to keep track of notes I have started but not completed, as well as other billing tasks. Their customer service was also a big reason, as I felt they want to hear from their users and are responsive to feedback.

Doug

Reviewed March 2018

Disappointed after 3 years with the platform

PROS

Good documentation management. Well-designed for use with families and minors. Billing features met my needs as a practitioner not accepting insurance.

CONS

Infrastructure problems abound with TN. There was a multi-day service outage in the summer of 2017, with little communication from the company to customers during the outage and no compensation for the downtime. In December 2017/January 2018, I finally lost my patience with the platform when the company decided to implement a major change in the database mid-week and the database upgrade destabilized the platform resulting in more downtime. Regarding the software... Your notes will be top-quality notes, but they will take you forever to write because the workflow is overly rigid. There is no way to customize what questions are asked in intake notes, progress notes, termination notes, etc. Text fields are too small, and only unformatted text is permitted. File attachments cannot be added to notes. There is currently no way to use the patient portal to have clients fill out forms, pay bills, send/receive documents, and perform secure messaging. No mobile app. No two-way sync with calendars means constantly having to check two calendars. 10 MB limit on file uploads. I was on the platform for almost 3 years and saw only very minimal feature enhancements/additions. And get ready for a very poor user experience when you decide to leave the platform; plan to basically download thousands of resources manually with no help from the dev team. When I sent feedback to the dev team on my way out, they defended their poor design choices and offered kludgy workarounds rather than listen.

carol

Accurate and accessible information

What I like best is that a human answers the phone and knows what they are talking about. Also, I have a lot of balls in the air- it helps me keep my practice organized.

PROS

The person who answers the phone can help me 90% of the time. If they can't help me they transfer me to someone who can.

CONS

It was a learning curve to get set up in the beginning.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Because your phone people answer my questions. Simple Practice refers me to videos.

Kailey

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

#1 Mental Health EHR

PROS

Reliable, Secure, Comprehensive, and always adding new features. The Customer Service is the best I have ever experienced with any company ever! Wouldn't ever go anywhere else!

CONS

None, everything with TN is great! No complaints!

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Customer Service accessibility and usefulness, comprehensive feature set

Farzaneh

Reviewed January 2024

Best software there is in the market

I am very happy with how this software makes my work easier and how fast I complete my notes and get paid quickly on top of it!

PROS

Overall quality with the software and support team

CONS

Cannot think of any at this point in time

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Best software to use for electronic billing , scheduling, amazing client portal access!

Claudia

Therapy Notes Review

Therapy Notes has been invaluable to me in helping setting up and running my administrator’s therapy business. We are almost a year in business and we wouldn’t have been able to succeed without Therapy Notes.

PROS

The support staff is amazing. They are always friendly and extremely capable. They are also available 24/7.

CONS

I haven’t found anything I don’t like about Therapy Notes.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Our former billing platform was much more expensive. It was also not as user friendly.

Randy

Amazing Support

TN has been a deal from the free trial to start, to options for subscribing a growing business, and to interfacing with my clients.

PROS

[sensitive content hidden] provided fantastic support. He was knowledgable and provided solutions that resolved my issue immediately.

CONS

I wish they offered a mobile application to access TN.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

My new mentor uses TN so it made more sense to use what they use for training.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

I am moving from a group practice to a sole-proprietorship.

Ramona

Reviewed January 2024

TherapyNotes is the best!

I have tried other "leading" mental health EHRs but they did not meet my needs and were not user friendly and did not provide the level of awesome customer support that TherapyNotes provides!

PROS

TherapyNotes is user friendly and has the best customer support ever! They value feedback from users!

CONS

They do not currently have a messaging option but they are currently working on it.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Simple Practice was not user friendly and their customer service was not readily accessible.

Shanel

User Friendly and Efficient

Overall, this is a great value and I'd recommend it to anyone needing a HIPPA Compliant system to manage their business.

PROS

I love how efficient the system is both as a practitioner and for my clients who use the portal. Treatment planning, scheduling, and payment is a breeze.

CONS

They may need a few more employees. Sometimes the wait time to get someone can be awhile. No more than 20 min.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

I've used both in the past and preferred Therapy Notes.

Micheal Frances

Reviewed February 2020

Therapynotes is true to the promises it makes to customers

PROS

I run a small practice and I do most of my own billing, scheduling and of course documentation of my client's progress. This program is comprehensive and easy to use. What really makes this company better than the others in the field is their customer service. Plainly speaking the other companies I've tried offered little or no useable customer service, which resulted in my getting "stuck" on how to use their systems - and having to wait several hours or even days to get an answer on how to use a particular feature.

CONS

Compared to other programs I have used, Therapynotes just doesn't have things I dislike.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Plain and simple, I'm staying with TherapyNotes because they true to their word when it comes to live support. Unlike Simplepractice, they don't leave the burden of training on customers; Therapynotes provides the support needed to use the program. Unlike Theranest, Therapynotes does not lie about it's customer service. They actually walk their talk.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

SimplePractice offers NO live customer support. You are told where the "database" of instructions on how to use the program is located and you are on your own. Programs like this are detailed and complex - there is a fairly steep learning curve. For me, it's a glorious waste of my time to be told to go search in the haystack for the specific information you need to properly use the program. Theranest - the second practice management program I used SAID they offer live customer support, but in fact, they lie about this kind of support. In fact, when using Theranest, I was often required to leave a message and wait for an answer - sometime up to two or three days later. When you are working a busy practice, and you want to bill, or make notes on a session, it is not sustainable to have to wait to receive answers on how to use the program.

Barry

Reviewed May 2021

Initial impression

Overall, very positive experience. Although it proved to be frustrating in the early stages, I realize that I’ve been able to upload a practice of about 30 patients within a month, and get more comfortable with the system.

PROS

I appreciate the cues promoting more detailed and specific treatment planning. I also really like the to do list, accessible from the main page, as well as in each client record. I have found the phone support to be excellent although at times, the wait to speak to a support person can be long. The main reason I continued with therapy notes was the opportunity to use their card services, which appears to have the lowest fees of the more common credit card service providers.

CONS

I would like to be able to more easily customize the reporting aspects of the clinical note and treatment plan. And the billing component has been rather awkward to use. I was, however, dismayed that my application to enroll in credit card services was denied, due to lacking proof of an office lease. I am primarily doing virtual care and so I lease hourly when I need to see a client in person. I am hopeful that the client services support person has found a solution and I should be accepted for credit card services within a couple of days.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

To be honest, if I do not get credit card services, I will likely at least trial simple practice, as it is being used by one of the agencies for whom I do some contract work

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

I had retired from Kaiser Permanente after 22 years, and epic had been the EMR for the past approximately 16 years

Reviewed December 2021

TherapyNotes knocks it our of the park!

Overall, TherapyNotes is exceptional! Customer Service is outstanding in resolving issues quickly, and over the years the representatives I've spoken with have all been kind and patient. TherapyNotes is user friendly....easy to learn and easy to train new staff. This is a must!

PROS

Many features of TherapyNotes are so helpful and effecient. The scheduling is easy and the software is very user friendly.

CONS

The billing is always a nightmare no matter which software is used. However, I would like TherapyNotes to find a more user friendly way to bill multiple insurances and a better way to be able to easily see which has been billed and what has been paid. Currently when entering new information such as insurance ID, addresses, phone numbers, payments,....once a new one is entered the old information goes away.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

The reviews were great! Also, when speaking with the sales team they were very helpful and clear on the cost. The training was effective as well. Most of all TherapyNotes seems to understand that this part of our job (notes, billing, etc) is not the main part of our job. So, the customer service aspect was appealing in case issues came up that we needed help resolving. The customer service team does not disappoint! They are phenomenal!

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

The software was not user friendly and it was difficult to get through to customer service when issues needed resolved.

Thank you for the great review. We are rolling out a feature that maintains historic insurance information. It will be enabled for all accounts soon. See our blog for more info.

Replied January 2022

Reviewed January 2022

Awesome Customer Service

This is the best software I have found for my private practice. It is priceless to me to be able to reach customer service by phone rather than by chat or an "online ticket". The billing aspect of the software is easier to use than the software I used previously. The only thing I would like to see improved is the addition of different notes and treatment plan templates, or at least ones that are more customizable.

PROS

Easier to get up and running than comparable EHRs, great customer service that is easy to reach by phone, easy to navigate

CONS

No variety of notes and treatment plan templates

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Primarily because customer service was more accessible and responsive. Also, cost was slightly less for what I use it for, and setting up the electronic billing feature was easier.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Cost was less with Therapy Notes overall, and billing was easier.

Kaye

Reviewed July 2023

Worth it! A few changes would make TherapyNotes the perfect mental health EMR!

PROS

Excellent and quick telephone customer service with an expansive hours of operation, ease of insurance billing, simple design that is easy to follow, comprehensive and accurate to-do list, large selection of detailed online help/support pages. TherapyNotes is also proactive with updating their software on a regular basis.

CONS

When registering a new client, they are only granted TherapyPortal Access for seven days. This has proven to be an issue numerous times when the client needed to contact me to resend their link to access the portal. Also, it is a major inconvenience that clients cannot reset their own passwords on the portal. Clients must contact an administrator in order to reset their own password; there is no reason this should be the case. When using a Telehealth session, there is a pop up that appears stating the connection is poor even when it is not; this can be distracting. For the Calendar view, I would prefer that I can see my entire day on one screen without scrolling. Sometimes there is excessive clicking; I dislike that there is no one-click option to charge all/multiple copays for all clients at the end of the day.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

Recommended by a former colleague.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Complicated and messy billing issues with SimplePractice.

Jinnifer

Reviewed March 2021

Grateful for this product

TherapyNotes has been a win/win/win move!

PROS

I changed to this software mostly because they had an actual number you could call for tech support. I am a therapist and I have little time between clients, am not a tech savvy person, and have lots to think about, so it was very difficult to ask a question by chat and wait 2 or 3 days for an answer that might or might not apply. Also the software we were using kept upping the cost and this was more supportive plus less expensive. After I began the free trial, I found the note set-up was more helpful and it was easier to complete my notes in each session without taking away from the session. This saved me about 2-3 hours a day and an releaved a tremendous amount of stress. A new feature of this software is accountability and it will not let you submit a claim until your notes are complete. This has been helpful with reminders and a to-do list to keep me on track. My assistant loves the ease of billing!

CONS

Payor set up was a little challenging. We needed more explanation.

Reason for choosing TherapyNotes, LLC

The telephone number that provided a person that could help with unusual issues, at that moment.

Reasons for switching to TherapyNotes, LLC

Lack of support that met our needs

Thank you for your kind words!

Replied March 2021