• Pros

• "Jamf is very cost effective and extremely easy to roll out. Deployment of solution only took us half a day. The product has been a life saver and given us control over our Mac environment."

• "JAMF offers a great platform. It is easy to maneuver with little difficulty and train other staff as needed. "

• "The easy and use to manage Macs. The ability to inquire about all the Mac's in the environment is great."

• Cons

• "linking Users appleID's for Token distribution is not as clean as I would like it but I can't really complain. "

• "It can be a little slow on the updating/pushing content to devices...but it's really not that bad. "

• "It can be costly, depending on the number of devices but willing to sacrifice cost for enhanced features, service and support. "

Browse Jamf Now Reviews

Chris from Cotterville Network

Great for Small Business Device Management

I am incredibly happy with this system. I have met the developers, sales people, and other technical support teams while at the JAMF User Conference 2018 in Minneapolis before, and they are just a fantastic, honest, and high quality company. Their products are stable, reliable, and top notch.

Pros

I love that this software allows you to manage so many aspects of Apple devices. I have been a Jamf Pro admin for years, and when they offered Jamf Now for free for three devices, I was on board immediately. It allows you to set security policies from denying the use of a camera if you are in a sensitive area, to can a personal iCloud account be used on a business device. Setting WiFi profiles is easy, and enrolling the device is simple. This is a great solution for small business, churches, and even families that want to have a higher level of control of their devices than just Apple stock services.

Cons

After using the full capabilities of a full Jamf Pro system, there are many features that I would like to see integrated into their Now product. Jamf Now is not intended to be as complex and Jamf Pro is, but there a couple of things such as the ability to setup a WiFi profile to support connecting to an enterprise network. Right now you can only setup a PSK network. Not a big deal, but something that would be nice without having to upgrade you plan.

Reasons for Choosing Jamf Now

Long term experience and expectations of a high quality product which they deliver.

Helen from Compass Youth & Family Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Jamf Now is a dream!

Pros

Jamf Now walks you through connecting your Apple Business account with the Jamf Now MDM server. Since this is set up, we can unbox, unwrap, and power on a device that auto-enrolls into the Jamf Now MDM server. There’s no need to plug in and apply settings through Apple Configurator and risk users trying to delete installed profiles. Also- setting up the blueprints for your different devices and levels of access is so simple. It takes seconds to apply updated settings to a device.

Cons

I’ve had issues using the activation bypass code working correctly on a few devices. Not a huge deal, but annoying at the time. And locking of iPads once someone has turned it off and it’s in lock mode.

Reasons for Choosing Jamf Now

The simple UI and device set-up. The other systems were more complicated and time consuming. Jamf Now is more affordable price point as well.

Been using Jamf|Now for more than a year (~75 devices)

Automated security policy enforcement. Applications management via the VPP. Basic inventorying.

Pros

Highlights: Clean UI, easy to use, good price, and great customer support. Employees also like it because it doesn't feel too "big brother" compared to other products. Also, client software is necessary to install or run.

Cons

Missing some important (to us) features, but they're working on them. Our wishes include better notifications, a generic notes field, and the ability to configure the conditions under which a device is flagged as needing attention.

Jared from JetRight

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Just Buy It

My company had little management over 25 iPads. When I was hired as the iPad Admin, I knew that we had to do something to manage the devices and also protect our assets. After comparing several products jamf came out on top. It is easy to use, easy to manage and budget friendly. If you are looking for a solution look no further.

Pros

Ease of use cost design overall look and feel hands free deployment

Cons

At the lower tier we are currently enrolled in there aren't many diagnostic options.

Rick from Abbeydale Building Environment Consultants

Easy and simple way to manage Apple devices in the workplace

I can’t rate Jamf Now highly enough; it’s been the perfect solution for our small business to make deploying new devices easy and maintaining a robust management system for our clients.

Pros

Jamf Now made implementing Apple products into our small business really easy and very simple to manage for us, meaning that we don’t have to worry about spending ages setting up new computers when they arrive and can focus on the things that make the business successful. Jamf Now is really intuitive and user-friendly and everything from setting up email accounts, WiFi networks and user privileges can be done before the device even arrives at the office (or to a remote worker if delivered directly to them). Our staff can just turn on their device and it’s all set up & ready to go!

Cons

I honestly can’t think of any cons for Jamf Now; I can’t rate this service highly enough!

Reasons for Choosing Jamf Now

Jamf Now was shown to me the business team in my local Apple store and I fell in love with it instantly!

Jorge from Bryant Rubber Corp

Industry: Plastics

Great mobile device management

I am very happy with it. The pricing per device on a monthly basis is just right.

Pros

I couldn't ask for anything better for an out of the box solution. It gives me the ability to manage all of our apple devices from the same panel. Provides inventory, blueprints and app management from one place.

Cons

The only thing that we can complain about is that there is less granularity on JAMFNOW compared to JAMF PRO. There are certain limitations that you run into but we are not ready to jump into a large contract for JAMF PRO for the smaller amount of devices that we manage versus an enterprise.

Joevanne from Serta Simmons Bedding, LLC

Great product overall

Pros

Cons

There have absolutely no issues with Jamf. I have used the solution at several different organizations and the product has been seamless to implement and issue free.

Neil from Wrisk

There is no step three!

Pros

Simple and easy to use. As the company has grown there was a need to manage the deployment centrally and Jamf Now has allowed this to happen at low cost to the business. Fortunately their team have been the biggest asset, on hand to answer any questions that we've had and it's allowed us to stay on stop without needing dedicated resource.

Cons

It's perfect! Whenever there have been limitations, there was always support on hand to help!

Brian from South East Cornerstone School Division

Moved from Airwatch and have been very happy JAMF.

Caryn from ISL

Great for small to midsize business

I use Jamf Now to manage about 80 Macs. We love it for deploying App Store apps. I also like how I can require Filevault 2 which would otherwise be very difficult to enforce. We have also had computers stolen from our office before, so it's great to have the feature where we can remotely wipe them. And, whenever I have a question they are very responsive on the chat support.

Pros

I like the interface and also the support is great.

Cons

Sometimes app deployment from the App store is slow, or will come back with an error.

I Love Jamf Now

We finally could kill our outdated Google spreadsheet once we deployed Jamf Now, and for that I am eternally grateful. We also had a couple of thefts in the months following deployment and were able to remotely wipe the machines.

Pros

Jamf is the industry leader for enterprise Mac management, and it's clear why. Deployment is simple and quick, and it does everything you would expect from a basic asset management application for (typically) much less than competitors. It's no Jamf Pro, but that's okay from a non-flagship product.

Cons

It is pretty simple as far as features go, and I would love it to inherit even just a little more from Jamf Pro.

Reasons for Choosing Jamf Now

Familiarity, cost, ease of use.

Joshua from Integrity Air Quality

Industry: Biotechnology

A Small Business Dream

Pros

JamfNow has a intuitive, easy to navigate interface. It is relatively easy to find the functions I need, and it was easy to find resources online for things I couldn't figure out on my own. Our business has the need to manage multiple iPads, which are used in the field. JamfNow gives us the security we need with company assets on potentially stolen property. As far as I am aware it is the best software available for mobile device management becuase it is specifically designed to communicate with the core Apple operating system.

Cons

Absolute pain in the neck to set up. Quite a few calls into Apple Enterprise support, and the first iPad I tried to add to MDM got locked and had to be taken to the local Apple shop to be reset. However, once you set up the backend, adding new devices is easy. I was able to walk someone through the steps of adding an iPad to our company JamfNow over the phone.

Outstanding, Understandable MDM

As an IT provider, I manage dozens of Apple device deployments. Jamf Now allows complete oversight of all devices in the organization from a single browser window.

Pros

Outstanding tools to deploy Apple devices securely within your organization. The platform is highly reliable and easy to understand; powerful enough for IT while understandable to the C-suite.

Cons

Inability to seamlessly upgrade to their more advanced product, Jamf Pro. But I know they're working hard to find a solution...!

Best way to deploy VPP tokens during your lunch hour

Pros

I use JamfNOW for a Bushel of side clients that need to deploy VPP Token apps on iOS. This is a great low cost solution for small business.

Logan from Home Base Appraisal Management

Makes life so much easier

Very good. So easy to implement and it has always worked. I would recommend this software to anyone who needs to manage apple devices for a low cost

Pros

Very easy to use and implement. Keeps track of all of our mac products with ease. I can lock and wipe devices remotely if they are stolen. So easy to install and set up security features. We used mac os server before for device management but this is so much easy to manage. We don't have to worry about it going down. If the internet is up, everyone can work on their device.

Cons

I wish we could change passwords for individual accounts on devices but I realize this is hard with just as simple device manager. Also I wouldn't have to change the password for the admin account on devices every 3 months (company requirement) by logging into the device. I would love just to do this through my jamf account.

Dennis from Cle Elum-Roslyn School District

Finally, easier to use!

Significantly eases Apple device management.

Pros

Latest UI is soooo much easier to understand and error reporting is actually informative - keeps getting better with every revision. Excellent tech support. Ability to push apps to individual devices and groups remotely is fantastic

Cons

In earlier versions, the UI was very confusing and difficult to understand. It assumed instant expertise. It was enough to make me jump ship. Still dependent on working with Apple School Manager separately Many similar functions are in different locations (no grouped) in app.

kevin from Drizly

Ease of use

Love it for how it allows me to administer my Mac environment.

Pros

This produce allows one administrator to support hundreds currently I have one desktop admin tor over 100 users. At my last place of business we had 1200 users and 3 administrators.

Cons

I wish the software supported PC platform.

Ease of use and setup

Neil from Allstate

Jamf is an awesome product.

Joseph from Whitt Sturtevant LLP

Jamf does exactly what it is meant to do and it is easy to setup and manage.

Pros

The setup instructions are complete and easy to follow and the customer service/help forums are very thurough.

Cons

There's not much to not like. I would like to see more of the advanced features available to Jamf customers.

Jorge from Bryant Rubber Corp

Industry: Plastics

Great product. Could use more functionality

Pros

The ease of use and good looking interface.

Cons

limitations on individual application settings.

Braedan from SportsEngine

Great Community of Users

Pros

Love being able to use JAMF Nation and JAMF now to resolve many computer management issues that our company handles.

Cons

Took me time, and I'm still learning all the tricks of the software. There are many ways to do the same thing, which can be confusing to learn.

Mike from Tenacious Holdings, Inc.

Super Easy, and inexpensive too!!

Pros

It is an inexpensive and easy way to manage your devices. Has enough configuration items available but isn't cluttered either. Quite intuitive.

Cons

Need a few more features, like home screen customization and removal of "factory installed" apps.

Janet from Code2040

Jamf Now is easy to use and our account manager has been extremely helpful for us.

Pros

It's easy to enroll our devices and to manage them without needing too much training. It's a clean interface and easy to navigate through.

Cons

It's not very easy to pull reports that let us see our inventory or to dig deeper into the details of our inventory.

Charlie from P&S, Ltd.

Good solution to entry level device management

Inexpensive and easy to use device management.

Pros

The software easily allows us to manage our technician's iPads. We are able to easily push apps, update software, and track our equipment.

Cons

For our purposes, the only negative aspect that I have encountered is that it does not provide the option to automatically remove some of the default apps that Apple includes with the iPad. Not being able to automatically delete TV, Home Kit, Tips, etc. still means that we have to touch each device. I wouldn't have anything to complain about if this was added.

CARLA from CELLULAR SALES

Feel safe with secure devices

Pros

You cannot beat this product in quality, price, or performance. This is a dream solution to securing sensitive data.

Cons

I would recommend having a better help solution to help novice users get the most of the product and to use it more.

Jamf Now

We had a problem managing and tracking our iPhones, a few times people quit and left the phone locked to there personal icloud account, we were unable to use the phone again.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use! We enroll our iPhones with a simple URL and add it to a profile. After that, all our security settings and apps are pushed!

Cons

Our company uses Android and iPhones, it would be nice to be able to add Android devices to JamF Now

Benjamin from Lommen Abdo

Jamf Now used for Apple mobility tracking and production in a law firm

Everything has been great so far. Very helpful support staff on duty to help.

Pros

I like the portal for management. Clean, crisp, and very easy to use.

Cons

I was looking for something that was Android and Apple, but couldn't pass up this software for our Apple management.

Nicky from Moose Roofing

Easy to Implement Device Management

Pros

We have a sales team that uses iPads for contract signing, etc. There are a few different apps that the team utilizes and before each team member would purchase the apps directly from the device using their own apple id and getting reimbursed, resulting in us losing the license for the software if that member left. We discovered JAMF and the VPP store and now can assign licenses to the device with NO apple id needed. We keep the license and don't have to continue buying the same software over and over again.