Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I like the clear UI so you can get a good picture of everything without digging down too much."
  • icon"Very easy to use and mange your inventory of devices."
  • icon"Very easy to use and manage devices. Quick overview to see what needs attention."
  • icon"The number of hours that we have wasted trying to get Jamf Now to work properly is shocking."
  • icon"Ve had issues using the activation bypass code working correctly on a few devices. Not a huge deal, but annoying at the time."
  • icon"In earlier versions, the UI was very confusing and difficult to understand. It assumed instant expertise."

Have you used Jamf Now and would like to share your experience with others?

All Jamf Now Reviews

Great for Small Business Device Management

I am incredibly happy with this system. I have met the developers, sales people, and other technical support teams while at the JAMF User Conference 2018 in Minneapolis before, and they are just a fantastic, honest, and high quality company. Their products are stable, reliable, and top notch.

Pros

I love that this software allows you to manage so many aspects of Apple devices. I have been a Jamf Pro admin for years, and when they offered Jamf Now for free for three devices, I was on board immediately. It allows you to set security policies from denying the use of a camera if you are in a sensitive area, to can a personal iCloud account be used on a business device. Setting WiFi profiles is easy, and enrolling the device is simple. This is a great solution for small business, churches, and even families that want to have a higher level of control of their devices than just Apple stock services.

Cons

After using the full capabilities of a full Jamf Pro system, there are many features that I would like to see integrated into their Now product. Jamf Now is not intended to be as complex and Jamf Pro is, but there a couple of things such as the ability to setup a WiFi profile to support connecting to an enterprise network. Right now you can only setup a PSK network. Not a big deal, but something that would be nice without having to upgrade you plan.

Reasons for choosing Jamf Now

Long term experience and expectations of a high quality product which they deliver.

Reasons for switching to Jamf Now

Both Jamf's reputation, experience using them, and the want to have a hosted system that where policies were not limited to being changed when the device was on my own personal network. They only charge $2 per device per month after your first three free.

Helen

Industry: Mental Health Care

Jamf Now is a dream!

Pros

Jamf Now walks you through connecting your Apple Business account with the Jamf Now MDM server. Since this is set up, we can unbox, unwrap, and power on a device that auto-enrolls into the Jamf Now MDM server. There’s no need to plug in and apply settings through Apple Configurator and risk users trying to delete installed profiles. Also- setting up the blueprints for your different devices and levels of access is so simple. It takes seconds to apply updated settings to a device.

Cons

I’ve had issues using the activation bypass code working correctly on a few devices. Not a huge deal, but annoying at the time. And locking of iPads once someone has turned it off and it’s in lock mode.

Reasons for choosing Jamf Now

The simple UI and device set-up. The other systems were more complicated and time consuming. Jamf Now is more affordable price point as well.

Really poor software and service

Jamf barely supports this software and it shows. This software's features are

Pros

The interface is clean, was easy to setup, good email notifications about certificates needing to be rotated.

Cons

We didn't expect this software to provide a lot of functionality and chose it because it was cheaper than more full featured products (including Jamf's Pro product), but this solution could not even do the bare minimum we purchased it for. It constantly failed to automatically enroll computers though we have confirmation from Apple they were being properly sent by ABM. Computers weren't checking in. Their software was installing corrupt profiles on our computers that weren't removable. Their customer support always provided "wiping the computers" as the best solution to any real issues, which is unreasonable to ask.

Jared

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Just Buy It

My company had little management over 25 iPads. When I was hired as the iPad Admin, I knew that we had to do something to manage the devices and also protect our assets. After comparing several products jamf came out on top. It is easy to use, easy to manage and budget friendly. If you are looking for a solution look no further.

Pros

Ease of use cost design overall look and feel hands free deployment

Cons

At the lower tier we are currently enrolled in there aren't many diagnostic options.

Rick

Easy and simple way to manage Apple devices in the workplace

I can’t rate Jamf Now highly enough; it’s been the perfect solution for our small business to make deploying new devices easy and maintaining a robust management system for our clients.

Pros

Jamf Now made implementing Apple products into our small business really easy and very simple to manage for us, meaning that we don’t have to worry about spending ages setting up new computers when they arrive and can focus on the things that make the business successful. Jamf Now is really intuitive and user-friendly and everything from setting up email accounts, WiFi networks and user privileges can be done before the device even arrives at the office (or to a remote worker if delivered directly to them). Our staff can just turn on their device and it’s all set up & ready to go!

Cons

I honestly can’t think of any cons for Jamf Now; I can’t rate this service highly enough!

Reasons for choosing Jamf Now

Jamf Now was shown to me the business team in my local Apple store and I fell in love with it instantly!

I Love Jamf Now

We finally could kill our outdated Google spreadsheet once we deployed Jamf Now, and for that I am eternally grateful. We also had a couple of thefts in the months following deployment and were able to remotely wipe the machines.

Pros

Jamf is the industry leader for enterprise Mac management, and it's clear why. Deployment is simple and quick, and it does everything you would expect from a basic asset management application for (typically) much less than competitors. It's no Jamf Pro, but that's okay from a non-flagship product.

Cons

It is pretty simple as far as features go, and I would love it to inherit even just a little more from Jamf Pro.

Reasons for choosing Jamf Now

Familiarity, cost, ease of use.

Been using Jamf|Now for more than a year (~75 devices)

Automated security policy enforcement. Applications management via the VPP. Basic inventorying.

Pros

Highlights: Clean UI, easy to use, good price, and great customer support. Employees also like it because it doesn't feel too "big brother" compared to other products. Also, client software is necessary to install or run.

Cons

Missing some important (to us) features, but they're working on them. Our wishes include better notifications, a generic notes field, and the ability to configure the conditions under which a device is flagged as needing attention.

Joevanne

Great product overall

Pros

Jamf is very cost effective and extremely easy to roll out. Deployment of solution only took us half a day. The product has been a life saver and given us control over our Mac environment.

Cons

There have absolutely no issues with Jamf. I have used the solution at several different organizations and the product has been seamless to implement and issue free.

Jessica

February 2022

Pretty good I’d say

Pros

I like that it had a ton of options and flexibility for restrictions etc.

Cons

If you use this with apple business manager the managed apple ID’s are a pain because even though Jamf let’s people download apps if you allow it, apple overrides that. Also, there’s a lot of times that Jamf is being slow and doesn’t sync right away. Wish you could track phones without putting them In lost mode.

Brian

Moved from Airwatch and have been very happy JAMF.

Pros

JAMF offers a great platform. It is easy to maneuver with little difficulty and train other staff as needed.

Cons

It can be costly, depending on the number of devices but willing to sacrifice cost for enhanced features, service and support.

When you want the job to get done - use JamfPro

When you are going more deeply into scripting, there is almost nothing that cannot being done in macOS

Pros

I like the way Jamf Pro is connected to a strong community: When you do have an issue or want to get something special being done and you do not know exactly how, Jamf nation is the place to go. Many very helpful and competent Jamf Admins are gathered there and they always know hot to get things done.

Cons

sometimes it is a little click - choose - click - choose - click and so on...

Reasons for choosing Jamf Now

It is the market leader.

Jorge

Industry: Plastics

The MDM you are looking for

I am very happy with Jamf Now as our Mobile Device Management platform.

Pros

The thing that I like the most about Jamf Now is that it is very quick to make everyday changes, has a very simple and intuitive interface that isn't too busy, and it just works very well for a company of our size (medium sized).

Cons

Sometimes app installations may become stalled, but you can easily check out which devices are having any problems and you may re-install the app once more to address the issue.

Great MDM for the not so techie Admin

I had nothing but a positive experience with Jamf.

Pros

It was really easy to setup and manage 60+ devices having no prior knowledge.

Cons

I've been using Jamf for over two years now and I haven't had any issues.

Jan

OCCK's Review

I would highly recommend this product for use with mobile devices. I am not an IT person and have been able to use it with little help and it is nice to know help is only a phone call or chat away.

Pros

I like that once a blueprint is developed I can tweak it and apply it to devices and randomly push out apps to certain devices very easily.

Cons

Unfortunately I had trouble with my apple push notification and ended up having to start all over so I am still in the process of restoring over 100 devices.

Nick

Satisfied with Jamf

Completely satisfied and will continue to use. I've actually attracted another friend into using the software with their company.

Pros

I like that I can keep all of my field units in check and can push apps to them when needed. I can also see when the unit was last checked in, I can change passwords/unlock devices. Also, I can disable the unit if need be.

Cons

I think the yearly updating of the tokens. I wish it was a little more user friendly seeing as though I am not an IT person and someone who has to re-figure out how to do it every year. I wish it could be as easy as pushing a button saying, "nothing has changed from the previous year."

xavier