• Pros

• "The customer service was awesome. They were very attentive to our issues and addressed them very professional."

• "Great customer service and numerous customization options depending on your organization needs. "

• "It is fairly easy to use for someone like me and does not seem cluttered with information that I do not/will not use."

• Cons

• "The built-in Selection Wizard is handy but clunky when compared to straight-forward sql."

• "All report writing has to been done on a higher level there is no way for daily users to create on the fly reports. "

• "There isn't really anything that I like the 'least'. I think visually it could be improved, potentially with more colors or be less boxy, but this doesn't affect the way the system works."

Browse Agilon's ONE Reviews

Agilon One

As a back-end server administrator, most of my work involves setting up the servers and prepping them for Agilon. Agilon has been excellent customer service wise. If I ever needed to contact support, I honestly never recall leaving a message. If I did, I received a call within minutes. They administer and support the product fully and provide the infrastructure for us to build our database, application and email servers. Very good experience with Agilon.!

Pros

There are a lot of features for Higher Education that Agilon One has that make it easy for integration with Alumni and major donors. We also have an interface that links our call centre application to retrieve database information from particular grad years so that we can target our alumni to be contacted. Easy to use, easy to integrate with Oracle. Vendor was exceptional in providing support, assistance, and migration to newer versions. Many modules such as events and relay which provide an internal way to email alumni without resorting to 3rd party mailing houses.

Cons

it is fairly complex for staff to use in terms of if they sparingly use it, they may be slow or resistant to use it or use it properly. End users have a difficult time in adopting ANY system, so they tend to forward their data entry requests or even search / report requests to our data entry / reports team. It should be more self serve, however, in my organization there is a culture of laziness and pass the word to someone else.

Lisa from MAP International

Agilon One Review

Seamless integration with our financial system. This was a once a month manual process with our previous system. And the most important piece is the customer service we receive from the Agilon staff they are always prompt, knowledgeable and easy to work with when you call with questions. Always helpful in suggesting different ways to accomplish your goals.

Pros

The flexibility of the system. One was written for colleges and not for other non profits but we are able to adjust the look and feel of the system to meet our needs.

Reasons for Choosing Agilon's ONE

The integration with our chosen financial and logistics package requirements.

Kim from K-State Alumni Association

We are successfully sending emails that can be created and/or duplicated quickly and easily. Training others on the system is simple.

Pros

I mostly use the software for creating emails. I enjoy the ability to create email templates so we don't have to start from scratch every single time on an email. I occasionally use it to look up donor information.

Cons

The email production software is a little clunky. It is frustrating that the page doesn't move with the user (the WYSIWYG tool bar) and dropping images into place can be a challenge. I also noticed when accidentally using "cntrl+S" to save, I lose all of my work and the page freezes. Please fix that! The email reports are also very cumbersome to look up when you have to know what date the email was sent to enter a range before you even can see the data.

Response from Agilon

Replied August 2019

The HTML editor area should auto-fit the size of your content when you open the email edit page. You can also expand the area to any size desired by clicking and dragging the lower right corner of the editor area. With drag-and-drop images, you can right-click and copy an image, then place your cursor where you want the image to be and right-click and paste (or CNTL-V) to place the image there. The CNTl+S key combination activates the web browser's HTML page save function, which doesn't save your email content. Pressing the Enter key will save your data on any page. We'll research to see if we can catch the CNTL+S key combination to avoid this problem in the future. For reporting, if you click the Campaign Reports icon on the Campaign Dashboard or the Campaign Details screen, the Report From date will be default to the first day the campaign ran and the end date will default to the current date.

Pat from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Foundation

Agilon - is this software for you

I feel that it's been easy to keep our data clean due to the checks and balances in place for data verification. The gift entry process is set up to easily accommodate batch imports which has made that process much quicker and easier to handle. Any problems that arise, their customer support team is more than happy to help you resolve, which is invaluable.

Pros

The absolute best part about Agilon is the customer support. Always prompt and available for consult. Work diligently to provide answers to any question you may have. They have a wide variety of functionality, especially with report distribution and validation of new data coming into the system, which I truly love. Data entry processes are clean and easy to follow.

Cons

If you don't have a dedicated IT staff, getting information out of this software is difficult at best. In our case, we used standard templates provided by Agilon for our data extraction which, because they weren't customized, gave us way too many fields of data to sift through to get the actual information we wanted. Selection Wizard overall seemed complex and confusing to me as an untrained computer user hoping to pull any type of lists on my own. Also, the process we use for issuing gift receipts requires that we manually keep track of which transactions have already been receipted, which I find cumbersome - if they could add a flag of some sort that would mark the donations already receipted so all we would have to do is pick up any unmarked donations each time we process the receipts that would seem to make much more sense.

Misty from Murray State University Office of Development

Agilon ONE Donor CRM experience for Murray State University Office of Development

The leadership and support staff at Agilon are an amazing group of people to work with. They are friendly, and always willing to help out when an issue arises or to offer suggestions on ways to be more productive by using the software. The turnaround time for phone calls or emails regarding questions with the software are answered promptly.

Pros

I really like the availability to house almost any type of data we wish to track in the system (biographical information, student info, family and business relationship info, wealth info, donor records, gift clubs, volunteer info, etc.) The database is very user-friendly and easy to navigate within the modules.

Cons

There are several modules or features in the Agilon software that we don't utilize or subscribe to because they don't interact with other software platforms that other areas of our organization are under contract with at this time. We find it difficult sometimes to get other software to incorporate or "talk with" Agilon unless we have reports written specifically for that communication between systems.

Agilon Review

Overall, I really appreciate Agilon and it's capabilities. It is the best database software I have ever used, in spite of the anomalies I find from regular use. I would definitely recommend it to any large organization.

Pros

I appreciate the amount of data Agilon is able to catalog. As well as the structure of the interface. It is easy to read and to sort through, especially related to multi-year giving patterns, funds, etc.

Cons

It is clunky. It takes a long time to sort between donors and to add multiple-similar Contact Reports/Proposals. I have found that I can create one "large" proposal for Board Members and add multiple donors to have proposal, but that is not very accurate. My example is as follows: 20 Board Members are invoiced for Dues ($1,500/BOV Member) totaling $30,000 - Rather than create one proposal "Invoiced for 2018-19 BOV Dues of $1,500" and copying that to multiple IDs, I have to create one $30,000 proposal and add multiple donors. In essence, it is the same, but I can see how that would get confusing down the line as no single member was solicited for $30,000 I have found similar inefficiencies with Contact Reports for multiple donors.

Nirmal from Ryerson University

A very good fundraising platform for Higher Ed

Reporting limitations aside, I am generally happy with the Agilon One product.

Pros

Agilon One Donor CRM is designed for higher education and accommodates all fundraising and relationship management needs of organizations in this space. Data is logically organized and default configurations of the various profile screens that show constituent, prospect, and proposal information are easy to comprehend and rich in content.

Cons

Access to underlying data at the database level is cumbersome. The "Push" type Crystal Reports integrated with the solution require SQL queries on the database as the native functionality of the Selection Wizard is extremely limited. "Pull" type CR reports similar to what Raiser's Edge offers would have made reporting significantly easier.

Shang from The University of Oklahoma Foundation

Agilon ONE is very easy to use and manages donor, alumni data efficiently

Pros

The interface is clean and easy to use. Manage donor and alumni data effectively. It is also highly customizable; almost every page has “user preferences” option that you can customize to which data and in what order that you would like the information to show. Their customer service is top-notch; polite and respond to your question quickly.

Cons

Searching a donor or switching from one page to another could sometimes take a long time. Like all software, there are limitations before the actual feature is developed; such as in event, to be able to display custom design page header or words for different events; To be able to use mobile device to check people in and print name tag at the event.

Patrick from Montana State University Alumni Foundation

From the data-side review

I've only been using the system (as a data analyst) for four years and have not mastered all the modules. Our operations has had several work-arounds that are now built-in features, so transitioning back to these has given us some short-term pain.

Pros

Data tables and relationships are relatively easy to understand. Using SQL behind the scenes to generate reports is relatively easy, but does sometimes necessitates the need for separate derived data structures.

Tim from American Quarter Horse Association

AQHA Review of Agilon One

Very satisfied with the Agilon One Donor CRM. The team at Agilon have been working together for many years and have been good partners with our organization.

Pros

The support staff at Agilon go to extraordinary lengths to enable your desired use of the product.

Cons

A little rigid in terms of interfacing with other packages.

Hrire from Ryerson University

Agilon One recommended

Very good experience. The data if correctly entered is a great system to have to report on and so on. However ... In our organization, lack of quality control in terms of data entry made the database prone with errors. Garbage in and garbage out. Also non data entry staff refuse to learn the product and they complain about it not working. It is not hard to learn but if implementation in your organization, you must make staff to understand how to use the product ... And not strong arm their way to not use it!

Pros

Many features, small but contactable support where they get back to you almost immediately. I don't ever recall their lines going to voicemail.

Cons

It was out of the box in 2004 for US clients. However, we asked for Canadian customizatons and they delivered.

Reasons for Choosing Agilon's ONE

Price competitive and was customizable for us.

Diane from ECU

Agilon ONE

Pros

I like the ease of retrieving information, data entry and access within the software.

Cons

I would like to have be able to do more with matching gifts. I believe there may be a module that we do not have though.

Response from Agilon

Replied August 2019

Agilon's new Matching Gift automations include: New search screens for matching employers and matching expectancies. Automatic updates of matching employer data from HEP. Automatic application of matching employer criteria in gift entry to create matching expectations. Automatic capture of matching employer information from online giving. Matching Employer lookups integrated with online giving. Email links to present donors with matching employer information. Call to action buttons linking to the matching employer's application form. Click tracking to update matching expectancy form status with donor actions.

Veronica from American Quarter Horse Foundation

Industry: Museums and Institutions

This software is very user friendly and allows for excellent customization.

The software has allowed us to track gift details (which was very limited prior to our use of this product and Ascend.) We have also found the prospects module useful in tracking donor contacts and plans. The virtual directory is also a great place to store policy/procedural documents so all users have a centralized location for these documents.

Pros

The software is easy to adapt to our organization and extending the database is very intuitive. Easy to use even for non IT professionals.

Cons

Our application often runs slow which is the primary complaint I receive from our users. I also don't like that we can't copy giving pages. The ability to copy giving pages would make it a lot easier and faster to create new giving pages.

Calvin from BGSU

Working through Agilon and its various uses

University / Higher Education efforts have been well received when working with the CRM.

Pros

Certainly like the efficient and quick response for delivery of needed info when entering a Contact/Corporate name into the search box. Also, really like the ability to access Agilon via my mobile device and incorporate a 'contact report' for delivery to the program.

Cons

Sometimes the bugs that need to get fixed (IT side) takes away from the efficiency of usage of the program. But the IT team at our institution and the good folks at Agilon seem to get any issues taken care of quickly.

Lauren from MAP International

Agilon User 3+ Years

The best thing about this software is truly the support you get from the Agilon staff because if you have an issue, they will do whatever they can to remedy it. Their daily Helpdesk is fantastic. They are constantly looking for ways to update the system using user feedback.

Pros

-The customer service, "Helpdesk" -Highly customizable -Ease of reporting -User friendly -Connection to DonorSearch/wealth screening

Jeff from Cleveland Clinic

Agilon One Review

Pros

We appreciate the customer service and the flexibility in the product. Our team is always thinking about ways to improve the functionality to make the job easier for our fundraisers, and the system is flexible enough to make customized changes on our own. If we can't make the change on our own, the vendor is amenable to working with us to make changes to the platform to benefit all of their customers. The platform is also very easy to use, which our fundraisers appreciate.

Cons

Probably the only complaint we have is we wish the platform was more mobile-responsive. Our fundraisers work on the road a lot and it would be great if they could do more of their work in the system on their iphones instead of waiting to get back to a desktop to input their contact reports.

Forest from Oklahoma Baptist University

We have used Summit and ONE for years The features and functionality have continually been upgraded.

It is an easy software to accurately record and track giving and donor data. There are modules available for most users regardless of the size of the organization.

Pros

Web-based; user friendly. Ability to populate fields with information important to your organization for user understanding.

Cons

Selection Wizard is hard to understand and use compared to other reporting tools. Help tools do not provide enough detail to understand the processes to accomplish goals.

Penny from KSU Foundation

I use this software both from the front end and through database in the back.

Great customer service. The vendor actually knows my name.

Pros

Ease of use for the casual user. Takes very little training to use the product but it's a little more complicated to enter gifts.

Cons

Unable to batch process reports which forces us to have a receipt system outside of ONE. Lacks quality controls like pledge payments can exceed the size of the pledge. Diffuculty controlling the giving tree, we would like to ignore unpaid pledges.

Gayla from SIUE Foundation & Alumni Association

We have been with Agilon's One since 2009, and overall it has been an excellent experience.

Pros

The flexibility that is built into the software is amazing. This allows for customization without having to pay for enhancements. But when we do need an enhancement, the staff really listens and helps determine how best to accomplish our goals. The customer service is outstanding.

Cons

I would like to see a more robust HTML editor for online events, online Giving, Constituent Connection and Relay.

Kristina from Iowa Public Radio

Industry: Broadcast Media

Pros

Cons

Not always intuitive where some unique donor information is stored. Some processes like sending pledge reminders, gift receipts and acknowledgements aren't very effective, and it would be nice if these were handled more efficiently within One.

Mark from KSU Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

I enjoy working with it. I am so glad we got off DB2 and on to SQL. Thank you for your help.

Learned a lot about CRM software. Understand a little bit better how the different modules interact and how a weakness in one can transfer to another related module.

Pros

The ease of getting data out to send to our 3rd party vendors (banks etc) or into the tables with files from vendors.

Cons

Some of the keys into the user_code table are audit_tran_key are messy to use and it seems unnecessary.

Scott from Iowa State University Alumni Association

One CRM to rule them all

Overall, I think it's a great system with a lot of capabilities. It works well for both Foundations and Alumni Associations.

Pros

This is one of the few systems I've seen that has a designated component for membership. It easy to use and most importantly has great flexibility.

Cons

You have to learn as you go as there has never been an actual "user's guide".

Kevin from Kansas State University

Agilon Review

Pros

Customer support is excellent. I really enjoy the ease in which I can access prospect information from my phone. It's also easy to synch plans on my calendar.

Cons

I don't like how some of the same data can be found in different spots of the database. This has caused a lot of confusion with coworkers.

Kay from East Carolina University

Agion ONE Donor CRM

Pros

Customer service ranks at the top for me. Agilon has always exceeded expectations in providing help in a friendly, courteous, prompt and positive way.

Cons

Reporting needs to be improved. The application has a very dated look.

Tricia from University of Oklahoma College of Engineering

Agilon

Beneficial to find alumni/donor information, but reports seems a bit clunky.

Pros

Navigation options are good along left side of page.

Cons

Hard to find specific reports and their functions from list.

Bobby from East Carolina University

Agilon One Rocks

Pros

Cons

The icons could use updating - looks a little dated

Charles from University of Oklahoma

Agilon ONE review

Pros

It can be easily customized to meet the needs of our organization.

Cons

It is not always user-friendly or intuitive. Many of our fundraisers complain about it.

Worth from Murray State University

Good

Pros

Its functionality and simplicity make the program good.

Cons

I do not have anything that comes to mind, if I ever need something I just reach out.

Deborah from Univeristy of Oklahoma Foundation Inc

Agilon ONE

Pros

It has many features that provide a full view of donors and fundraising efforts

Cons

The Reports that are available are very limiting.

Jana from The University of Oklahoma Foundation

Agilon - a relational database is a relational database...but

I can't speak to the overall experience, but for donor relations, we're using the modules to tie up some important data points. For example, tying donor to fund to scholarship recipient will be very powerful for fundraisers who want to solicit for specific scholarship funds.

Pros

Agilon works for us because we are able to bolt on some home-made applications written by our IT department. It is entirely functional for most uses for OU fundraisers.

Cons

The interface is outdated and not intuitive. There are some modules that are designed for very specific use, so we wind up using user variables to get what we need out of the product (I'm thinking scholarship and stewardship specifically). In other words, I think we hack Agilon to make it work for us. But we appreciate that it's not so proprietary that we are unable to tinker.

Andree from University of Oklahoma

Agilon

Pros

Easy to use and the great customer service

Cons

Reporting tool not as easy to use for in-house developers.

Rhesa from University of Oklahoma

Ease of Use for a First time user

Pros

Cons

I do feel have many complaints. Sometimes I have trouble filtering when trying to find names but it could be my lack of expertise.

Hrire from Ryerson University

Agilon One

I don't use the product extensively myself, but searching for constituents and so on was pretty straight forward. Support is excellent!! This cannot be understated. If we have a problem, we call and someone can help. I don't ever recall contacting the vendor and it going to voicemail. They have been up to par with customer service.

Pros

I was part of the migration process when we migrated in 2004. We were the first in Canada and they customized it to our needs. Simple interface and easy to manage with additional modules that allowed capability for us to email, setup events so on.

Cons

It took a few versions but now it's very much stable. This is not a problem any more, but it's more the acceptance of the end users who might say "this feature doesn't work" yet, they have no training on it and if they simply asked would be shown how things are done.

Garrett from East Carolina University

ONE's Okay!

My job is to build out large, complex reports (mostly for fundraising purposes) for people across the university, from the Chancellor on down, and to help build data interfaces between ONE and various other databases and services. On a daily basis I'm usually interacting with the backend of ONE, querying the database directly. It's generally easy enough to work with, and I've encountered no major obstacles.

Pros

Fairly straightforward database structure. Extremely helpful, responsive support team over at Agilon.

Cons

Front-end interface is laggy, and has a dated, unattractive style. No API, and the built-in support for querying is cumbersome, unintuitive, and enough of a pain to work with that I just dig into the database directly for our reporting.

September 2015

Darlene from Xavier University

September 2015

Cheerleader for Agilon

Pros

Populates guests names, process money, can pull reports for events, do nametags

Cons

customizing drop downs and certain features. Like the price level to default to choose one of the following. Also don't like how when change a price level or code changes historically. Also limited in codes available to use. Easier to do simple events vs complex events

Brad from Illinois State University

No gift certificate required

Pros

The flexibility with an open database offers a lot of solutions to situations quickly.

Cons

The front-end (CCON) interface, whether gift giving or event registration, does not have as modern a feel or function as users expect. There's a fair amount of manipulation we can do for business processes on the back end with the system, but less so with CCON. The application to manage security, with things like human readable CCON passwords, is of concern as well.

Response from Agilon

Replied August 2019

Constituent Connection is fully customizable with HTML5 mobile responsive styling. We have offered to assist the customer with updating their web design. Passwords are fully encrypted to ensure security.

Rich from SIUE

Nimble, Customer Service oriented company, strong accounting partner.

Pros

Direct access to core management team; Accessible user group conferences; affordable cost; Unit4 Agresso accounting partner highly recommended for user friendliness and flexibility.

Cons

Smaller company - unfamiliar to most new fundraisers so a manageable learning curve.

Brett from KSU Foundation

Agilon ONE from a Development Officer perspective

I spend most of my day working in One and have very few complaints.

Pros

Our organization has had Agilon for many years and has been able to tailor the platform to our specific needs. It serves our functional requirements well and is dependable. I have heard positive things about their customer support team.

Cons

The user interface is outdated. For users who are used to intuitive and responsive site layouts, Agilon seems clunky. I also wish there was a mobile app for on-the-go development professionals.

Agilon One Donor CRM

I use this software primarily to verify an alumni members year of graduation and degree program.

Pros

The ease of looking up relevant information as it relates to an individual's history, such as the year and degree earned from the university.

Cons

Integration of Relay/events seems clunky.

Average product

Pros

There does seem to be a lot of usability and features. But, almost to the point of "we could never use all of these" and does it get in the way.

Cons

Honestly, just the overall appearance. It feels and looks old and dated. It makes the entire program feel outpaced and old.

Trevor from KSU Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Agilon ONE CRM Review

It's been okay, but I choose to use our reeher software more than ONE as it's easy to prospect donors.

Pros

The amount of information you can see on one page.

Cons

Far too many clicks to get from one page to the next.

Celeste from The University of Utah - Crimson Club

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Agilon Review

Trying to get a better view of our donors. It has been helpful running some reports, but a little hard to use

Pros

Overall the menu and options look nice on the screen compared to other CRM's I've used.

Cons

Isn't always intuitive how you add data and perform functions. Needs to have a lot of kinks worked out.

Lori from Oklahoma Baptist University

Agilon ONE

Pros

The software has great potential. A great resource for tracking donors, alumni, etc. Ability for tracking is endless.

Cons

Reporting is a bit difficult. Though the capabilities are huge, getting the exact information you want/need is not always the easiest of tasks.

Jim from Ozark Christian College

Agilon Review

We have used this product but are exploring other options that are more user friendly.

Pros

The customization of tracking unique donor data.

Cons

The events module functionality is overly complex for the size of our institution.

Amy from Bowling Green State University

Easy to learn & use

Pros

It is easy to navigate and to train others to use.

Cons

None - it is easy to use and navigate through the modules.

Dale from Kansas State University Foundation

Unparalleled customer support

Agilon ONE provides a comprehensive suite of tools for your organization's fundraising needs. Customer support exceeds anything I have ever gotten from another software vendor, whether it is for installation, configuration, customization, even integration with other software.

Chandler from University of Utah

Agilon Review

Pros

Running reports that our ticketing system can't run

Cons

Doesn't always sync data from to and from our ticketing system correctly