Anedot Reviews

4.89 / 5 (54) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 3 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Easy to use, quick, and great customer service. Love the chat feature. Everything is just simple. You can resolve most issues without even having to pick up the phone."

• "The product is very intuitive and easy to use. Much better product then it's competitors. "

• "The customer support is phenomenal, the built in tools are excellent, and we could not be more thrilled with Anedot. "

• Cons

• "Features are fine but cost does hurt when you are a small organization like we are and every penny counts"

• "No complaints at the moment---but always anxious for updates and more features."

• "A minor thing is that the initial setup process and multi-step verification can be confusing for some clients, but I understand that it's best to be safe rather than sorry when it comes to security. "

Browse Anedot Reviews

James from Maryland Department of Information Technology

Comptroller/Treasurer

This company is great! So customer friendly, it's a nice change from most other applications out there.

Pros

Anedot seamlessly integrates with other applications and its easy for both customers and back end users.

Cons

When filtering to a date range, the filter also adds only contributions. I need to change it back to all transactions so I get the withdrawals as well.

Usability, cost, customer service

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

Lack of customer service.

Response from Anedot

Replied November 2019

James, Thank you for using Anedot! We appreciate your review, as well as the thoughtful feedback. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Pastor Doug from West Virginians For Life

Anedot is the best processing option for our pro life nonprofit!

From day one to now, our first year with Anedot has been stellar. Every state affiliate of National Right To Life should use this firmly pro-life, firmly conservative payment processing company! It’s a fantastic suite of fundraising tools!

Pros

Cons

Very minor tweaks could be made to some built-in wording on reports and formatting improvement on email notifications. Customer support has forwarded these concerns to the proper folks and we are confident that improvements will result.

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

Great functionality, ease-of-use, ease of set up, and knowing that the company is firmly conservative and firmly pro-life.

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

PayPal is firmly pro-abortion. PayPal was expensive. PayPal is practically lousy when compared to the excellent set of fundraising tools for accepting online donations that are provided as a built-in part of Anedot.

Response from Anedot

Replied November 2019

Pastor Doug, Thank you for your kind words. I also appreciate the feedback that you passed along to the team. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Frank from Catholic Men Chicago Southland

The Best Donation Platform on the Planet

The thing that is refreshing with Anedot is we have a regular schedule where donations are dropped into our bank account, so we don't have to fetch it like we did with PayPal.

Pros

Easy to use and set up with the Anedot Team. Minimalism approach to the design, they keep with is needed and remove the rest. Any time I have a questions they are right there to help me, and bend over backwards to help me complete my request.

Cons

We came over from PayPal and there we had an app for donations at our events. However, Anedot provides a text to give tool that seems to work just as good, if not better, than the app with our event donors.

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

Their hands on approach from our first contact with the, and their willingness to help us get going. Plus, their ability to listen to our needs and offer attractive solutions so that both of us benefit.

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

Anedot provided us similar features to what we had with PayPal, yet donor could still donate with their PayPal accounts. Some of our donors did not like using the PayPal portal. With GiveCentral, we mainly switched because they started charging a monthly fee to have their portal and that was too costly for the size of our Catholic apostolate.

Response from Anedot

Replied March 2021

Hi Frank, Thank you for leaving such a kind review. I'm happy to hear that you've had a great experience using Anedot. If you ever need any help or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Alex from Esper Creations, LLC

Easy to Use Payment Platform with Lack-Luster Dev Experience

Overall, this platform is great if you're looking to create a simple donation landing page with a very intuitive page builder. If you are looking for a great developer experience, this is not the platform for you.

Pros

The most incredible feature about this software, in my opinion, is the landing page builder. This makes setting up a donation page insanely quick with a solid amount of customization. The builder also allows you to setup subscription based donations in a matter of seconds without needing to navigate around large developer documentation.

Cons

As a developer, I was severely disappointed with the poor developer documentation along with their lack-luster API. I was attempting to setup a custom donation form on a website that would communicate with the Anedot API to create donations, but ran into too many roadblocks before I ultimately took another route. I ended up having to resort to redirecting to the landing page I built in the Anedot software.

Response from Anedot

Replied March 2021

Alex, Thank you for the review and the thoughtful feedback. If you'd like to dig deeper into the platform, please reach out to our service team, or set up a free strategy call with our Customer Success team at help@anedot.com. Thanks again! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Yvonne from Self

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

So simple and easy!

Excellent customer service. Employees get back to me within 12 hours usually.

Pros

Anedot is perfect for low-dollar fundraising campaigns. It makes email marketing so much easier! It's effortless to set up and brings great results.

Cons

Transaction fees are a bit high but that's to be expected.

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

Stripe requires developer setup. WinRed is too political.

Response from Anedot

Replied February 2021

Yvonne, Thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to hear that Anedot has helped make your email marketing easier. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Connie from GEMRT Certified Public Accountants & Advisors

Best software in the USA

Excellent

Pros

Easy to use and the professionalism of every single person I have talked with. Always ready to help and solve problem.

Cons

I like everything, so far I have nothing to complain.

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

Because none are as good as Anedot

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

Because Anedot is easier to use and everyone treats you with respect and are eager to help.

Response from Anedot

Replied April 2021

Hi Connie, Thank you for your five-star review! We're always happy to hear from satisfied customers. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Shawn from Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Political fundraising.

I switch from another platform for my re-election campaign last year. Seamless and ended all the glitches and double charges I was getting from previous provider.

Pros

Clear communication, seamless, very responsive, no hidden fees.

Cons

None really. If they wanted to do it for free that would be awesome but not really a great business model.

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

Poor communication and reporting. Several issues with mid billing

Response from Anedot

Replied February 2021

Hi Shawn, Thank you for the review and for the kind words. We're always happy to hear from satisfied customers! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of any assistance. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Brad from Infrared Productions

Industry: Online Media

Fantastic resource for scaling your political campaign or non-profit website

I've been using Anedot since at least my own campaign for public office in 2013. As a website developer for several dozen different campaigns and non-profit organizations, I've also recommended Anedot many times as a price-effective option to manage compliance/reporting requirements, easy setup, and integration. I've also set up hundreds of donation pages for different clients, and using the Anedot page builder is very straight forward. For some campaigns with more initial capital and a higher volume of donors, it may make more sense to build your own complete platform with a lower transaction cost, but for smaller campaigns, the cost brings a lot of value. Also, for the very few times I've needed to reach out to their customer support (probably less than 5 times in 7 years) their staff has always been very friendly, knowledgable, and helpful.

Pros

Using Anedot allows campaigns and non-profit organizations to "hit the ground running" with the ability to start raising funds in a FEC-compliant manner as early as the same day they apply for their account. Hundreds of necessary elements are already implemented well, with options to customize the look and feel, collect custom donor data, collect donations by text, and create custom reports. Rather than needing to build out a custom platform each time requiring thousands of dollars of investment, campaigns can start collecting money quickly and securely.

Cons

There are a few elements that still need to be improved for more complete integration with some web campaigns, such as full native web embed (rather than using iframes), full CSS control of the layout, and full API integration for e-commerce and other tools. I understand these could lead to issues for some smaller campaigns, but these kinds of "power tools" would be very helpful for certain use cases.

Response from Anedot

Replied February 2021

Hi Brad, Thank you for the review and the thorough feedback. We appreciate hearing from our customers. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Nicholas from Connecticut Republican Party

Anedot makes you a pro!

With Anedot's features and customer support, even a new fundraiser will look like a pro! Best in class!

Pros

Anedot's campaigns are customizable without being too confusing. They look great and are easy to manage! Plus I love the integration with Mailchimp!

Cons

I'm excited Anedot has begun implementing action pages and looking forward to the events features down the road as well as web store abilities.

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

Paul Dietzel and the Anedot team walked us through everything and made us feel that we were in control of our own fundraising destiny, with the sky the limit! ... and he was right! Thanks Team Anedot!

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

Anedot was more user-customizable. We like being in the driver's seat.

Response from Anedot

Replied February 2021

Hi Nicholas, Thank you for the review and for the kind words. We're always happy to hear from our customers! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of any assistance. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Ed from McShane LLC

Always Adding Features And Functionality

Excellent customer service and a constantly improving product. Very happy.

Pros

Anedot has a better close rate than the competing donation processors we have used. Also like that they are constantly improving the product and adding new features.

Cons

Have had a few issues over the years, many of which have been resolved by the new Action Pages. Perhaps the biggest missing thing is direct export for FECFile.

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

Anedot has better customer service and a better completion rate on donations.

Response from Anedot

Replied December 2020

Hi Ed, We appreciate the feedback. We're confident that Action Pages will make a big impact in fundraising. Thank you for your review! Here to help, Paul Dietzel CEO, Anedot

Ryan from In Compliance Inc.

ANEDOT IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS

I have worked with many different digital platform and credit card processing companies over the last 10 years and have found that one company and their service s stands out among the rest, and that is Anedot. After 5 years of working with them, I don't and have not had one complaint about the service they offer. On every level, they provide a service that meets and exceeds all expectations. The user friendliness they offer saves time and eliminates problems. The multiple options that they have provides for fast and efficient workflow that I allows me to provide the best of service to my clients. Anedot's prices are extremely competitive, although I would choose their service over any others even if their fees were doubled. Although they excel in all fields , I would have to say that the one thing that sticks out from working with them is their customer service., which in my 10 years experience is unprecedented. With other companies, you are lucky to find an email address of an actual representative in case of questions or issues. With Anedot, I have multiple email addresses and direct phone numbers of Anedot reps. Communication has never been an issue. Not only are they always there, but they reach out and contact me in regards to any issues or potential issues as soon as they happen to keep me in the loop and on top of everything./ They work hard to rectify problems such as payment chargebacks and donor issues, keeping myself updated on statuses and resolutions. And the politeness of anyone I have evr talked to from Anedot is and always has been welcoming and uplifting. It may at this point sound like I work for them and are just fillin gout the best review possible to help my company. That is not the case however. All of these things are 100% true and accurate, and personally, I am so busy right now with the election 2 weeks away, I don't have time to write reviews on anything.- But as a small piece of gratitude for all that they have done for me over the last few years, I will make time. Anedot is the best of the best.

Pros

Recommend your product.? No, I insist on your product. But in a situation where recommendation is my only input, I always recommend Anedot.

Cons

I got nothing.

Response from Anedot

Replied October 2016

Ryan, Thank you for the very kind review. We appreciate your business and enjoy doing what we do -- so it makes it easy! Thanks again :) Here to help!

Jinger from J-Books Services Inc

Industry: Political Organization

The best user friendly & bookkeeper friendly software around!

Fantastic & I have had to use a few other platforms so I have them to compare to.

Pros

The set up of campaigns is easy to figure out. I love how you can design each differently. But from the bookkeeping side- the reporting capability is fantastic.

Cons

Forgive me if its a feature I don't know but if it could integrate with QuickBooks then my work life would be complete!

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

I can't remember other products reviewed but after reviewing them, we settled on Anedot.

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

I could not obtain the correct data needed to process my reports

Response from Anedot

Replied November 2020

Jinger, Thank you for the review and the kind words. We currently integrate with QuickBooks via Zapier. If you'd like help setting it up, please do not hesitate to contact our service team! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Brandon from Macedonian Missionary Service

Anedot Increased Our Online Giving

The experience has been great. Our online giving increased. The customer support has been fantastic.

Pros

I love the features and the customization. One reason I believe our giving increased when we switched from PayPal to Anedot is the fact that Anedot allowed us to carry our branding over to the giving platform, so you still feel like you are within our website. You have our logo, our colors, our campaign description, etc. I also love that the developers are continuing to enhance the product. When we first switched, Anedot was limited to card transactions. Now we have ACH. Other enhancement requests that I have submitted, I learned were already in the works. They are ahead of the game.

Cons

You have the ability to run reports showing the transaction history, but they are on-demand reports, meaning someone has to log in to run them. I would like to see these scheduled to run monthly and automatically email to the user.

Response from Anedot

Replied September 2019

Brandon, Thank you for your thoughtful review. We rely heavily on customer feedback, so we always appreciate reviews. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Carol from C & A Consulting

BEST there is!

I have been using Anedot since they started. I am the Treasurer for candidates, legislators and Political Action Committees in Oregon. Anedot is the ONLY platform I use for my clients. They offer everything we need, along with fantastic customer Services and price. There are other platforms out there, but when you add up all the piece-meal costs, or the loss of time when you have to manually go up to get and/or transfer info, Anedot beats them all! Thank You to Anedot for providing not only the Best platform available, but a staff that no one can beat...they are the BEST!!! Thank you Anedot!

Pros

What is there not to love about Anedot? Everything!

Cons

there is nothing I do not like about Anedot

They are the BEST!!

Response from Anedot

Replied November 2019

Carol, Thank you for your very kind words. We love hearing from our happy customers! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Jacob from Housley for U.S. Senate

Great donation service!

My overall experience has been extremely positive - I have really nothing bad to say, only a few improvements that could possibly be made.

Pros

I really like how intuitive the online dashboard is. It allows even an inexperienced user to perform advanced functions, see donor information, and more. I also like how responsive the support team is - they had me up and running the very next day, literally within hours.

Cons

I don't like that there aren't many customization features, particularly when it comes to sharing the donation page onto your own website. They try to force you to use the Anedot website to take donations, which I don't like as it takes away from the customization options that should be available.

Response from Anedot

Replied September 2019

Jacob, Thank you for taking the time to leave this thoughtful review. Happy to hear you have had a positive experience with Anedot! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Cameron from Clout Public Affairs

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great Company, Great Support!

Anedot has a fantastic team! With regular updates on projects and a support staff that is always readily available and helpful, Anedot is remembered and recommended for all the right reasons.

Pros

The ease of use for Anedot is great! The fact that there is no up-front costs and Anedot simply earns a portion of all donations received is great!

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

Ease of use, better online aesthetic, and nicer integration with brading.

Response from Anedot

Replied December 2020

Cameron, Thank you for the review and the kind words. We love serving our great customers like you! Here to help, Paul Dietzel CEO, Anedot

Jeremy from RaZor Solutions Group

Industry: Political Organization

Anedot is the best out there for fundraising! team are like family to us.

Very happy that over a year ago we made the switch to Anedot. I'll never forget my first interaction with Anedot. We got a new client at the firm and I noticed he had it instead of the usual ActBlue. I called after-hours to inquire and left a voicemail---the next thing I know the CEO is calling me at night. I felt terrible at first, thinking I hit the wrong number, but he quickly explained he monitored after-hours messages.

Pros

Cons

No complaints at the moment---but always anxious for updates and more features.

Response from Anedot

Replied September 2019

Jeremy, Thank you for the review. Always happy to hear from a satisfied customer. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Christopher from Optimize Consulting LLC

If you're a non-profit, then you need Anedot.

The customer service has been excellent. I've had the Anedot team help me out on Saturday mornings before. They are there to serve you.

Pros

The upsell and donor recovery features alone make it worth any higher cost than using Paypall for your donation pages. You will make more money by converting at a higher rate.

Cons

I do hope Anedot adds a few more features to their donation pages like pledges or exit popup messages.

Response from Anedot

Replied December 2020

Christopher, Thank you for using Anedot! We appreciate the review, as well as the thoughtful feedback. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Anedot is great for raising money in a user friendly, donor friendly platform

Anedot has great customer service and is very easily accessible. Great team and product! Best in the business.

Pros

I love the customizable donate pages and the data collection tools.

Cons

I like least the lack of integrations with email marketing opportunities - an integration with mailchimp or another email sender would be a huge asset for campaigns.

Response from Anedot

Replied December 2019

Update: Since the time of this review we have added integrations with several email sending platforms including: - SendGrid - Sendy.co - Mailchimp - Klaviyo - Iterable - ActiveCampaign - EmailOctopus - And more! Thank you for the review! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Paul from PDS Compliance

PDS Review

I'm a fan of the product though we use it pretty narrowly. I would like to see the ability to download activity that ties in with the transfer to the bank account. From my perspective that would be more efficient for bank reconciliations.

Pros

Clean simple interface.

Cons

Data entry sequencing could be better. When keying in donors for processing, it sort of jumps around the fields in an awkward way. Add a field for Source Code for the reciept.

Response from Anedot

Replied October 2016

Thanks for the feedback Paul! We're working to get those reports automated soon and have some exciting updates for the internal form also coming (including source codes for the internal keyed donations)! Great things ahead!

Jason from City of La Vergne

Anedot - Reliable Service - A Must Have

I’ve used Anedot with two political campaigns and have found that donors enjoy the security and ease in donating and I can track it all seamlessly.

Pros

The flexiblity and integration with other software tools. It works great with Facebook Pages or just in sharing the link.

Cons

The only downside is the bank’s timeframe for processing the deposits and that is not something Anedot can control.

Response from Anedot

Replied September 2019

Jason, Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that your donors feel safe donating with Anedot. Security and donor privacy are some of our top priorities! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Randy from Knepper Enterprises, LLC

Buy Anedot

I would recommend Anedot to be used for both profit and non-profit entities, as well as political campaigns.

Pros

I used Anedot during my recent campaign and found it to be most useful and user friendly. It was cost effective and gave timely and accurate deposits. Your platform and system is worth using for all kinds of donations and the excellent enhancements and features you described below will only make it better. I recommend Anedot for anyone wanting a good and secure online donation platform.

Cons

Compared to other systems, Anedot is superior and performs very well.

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

Anedot was more user friendly and cost effective than the other company

Response from Anedot

Replied March 2021

Hi Randy, Thanks for your review. We love hearing from our great customers! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

LOY from Living Free Ministries

Anedot for Non-Profit Organizations - Review

Anedot has provided an easy to implement solution for online payments for our non-profit. We are very satisfied with the service.

Pros

Anedot is easy to set up and can be used on a website for online payments or for online donations in the case of a non-profit entity. The Anedot administrator dashboard is easy to navigate and contains all the information an accountant would need for proper reporting. Anedot has made improvements recently that allow online donations to be automatically transferred to the bank account you designate with frequencies of your choice: every 2 days, weekly or monthly.

Cons

Credit card processing fees are slightly above normal.

Response from Anedot

Replied September 2019

Loy, We appreciate the review and the feedback! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Susan from Bethlehem Baptist Church

BBC Financial Secretary

During this time of Covid-19, Anedot has enabled our church to continue to receive our offerings without "skipping a beat." We have more and more younger families using it to give their tithes.

Pros

I am always notified by an email when we have a donation, so I do not have to continually check our account. It is always accurate and timely.

Cons

There's really nothing I dislike about Anedot.

Response from Anedot

Replied March 2021

Hi Susan, Thank you for using Anedot! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. We love hearing from our customers, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can ever be of assistance. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Deborah from Coalition of African American Pastors

Why Anedot?

My donors feel a sense of security donating on this platform. I enjoy working with the team at Anedot.

Pros

Easy to use and affordable fees. Very efficient

Cons

funds transfer wasn't always immediate, but better now

Response from Anedot

Replied September 2019

Deborah, Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that your donors feel safe donating with Anedot. Security and donor privacy are some of our top priorities! Thanks again. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Jonathan from All Points Baptist Mission

Simple, yet professional

We are just branching into the electronic donation world, and as we as a rule do not charge our missionaries for handling their funds, we have shied away from donor management that charges large fees, and deducts that from the donation without notifying the donor. I see this hugely impacting our donations in the future.

Pros

The ability to have multiple funds, unlimited donors, automatic receipting, recurring donations.. Every one of this company's listed benefits are amazing, for no monthly or yearly subscription fee. Couple that with their amazing Privacy statement, and Customer Service that is ready to help you whenever needed, and willing to customize things for your use. That is a company in a class of themselves.

Cons

I feel like if there were any cons with this software, by the time I would finish typing this review, They would be fixed. My experience is that they just care that much.

Response from Anedot

Replied March 2021

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for the kind words! Our service team is passionate about helping our customers. As always, please let us know if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Thomas from 9Seven Consulting

Amazing Product

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it's a little difficult to get past compliance on opening an account. And when I ask why I get no reason for the deny.

Response from Anedot

Replied December 2020

Thomas, Thank you for using Anedot! We appreciate your review and your thoughtful feedback. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Anedot is a great tool

I would definitely recommend Anedot. Their product and support are top-notch. We will continue to use them in the future.

Pros

Anedot is a great tool for raising money. We use it for most of our non-profit work and small political campaigns. They have everything you need and they make reporting a breeze.

Cons

The setup process can take a few days to make sure that you are not a scammer or running a fraud.

Response from Anedot

Replied October 2019

Thank you for the thoughtful review. Happy to hear that you are pleased with our product and customer service! As you mentioned, we take the verification process very seriously. Our team examines each account and stops scammers before they can cause harm to donors. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

John from Drogin Group LLC

Great staff and support team. Knowledgeable, responsive and good attitudes.

Pros

It's very user friendly. Easy to manage accounts and campaigns.

Cons

Welp, I guess it would be good to have more upsells and an online store.

Response from Anedot

Replied December 2020

John, Thank you for the review. We love our support team! We are always happy to assist and answer questions. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Ian from Christians Engaged

Love Anedot

Pros

I love that I am able to customize the pages with different graphics, colors, and backgrounds. Also the ticket price option is a great feature.

Cons

The text formatting can sometimes be wonky.

Response from Anedot

Replied November 2020

Ian, Thank you for the review. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Kerri-Ann from Nesbeth for Miramar

Simple and easy to use!

Pros

User-friendly, quick response time for support, easy to access reports and data!

Cons

Not able to integrate into email software in a way similar to ActBlue

Reliability

Response from Anedot

Replied December 2020

Hi Kerri-Ann, Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback as well. We do have a number of different email service provider integrations - you can view the full list here: https://help.anedot.com/knowledge/managing-active-integrations If there are any other integrations you need, please let us know! We will try to add them in the future. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Craig from Political Consulting LLC

What a great system

Paul has been wonderful when we have spoke. We have recommended them to almost all our contacts in the industry.

Pros

They are constantly adding features and have thought of most things that we in the political world need. If you have any issues, the team is fast to respond.

Cons

Since the software doesn't really have issues, I guess if we had to find something it would be during exporting the data. Sometimes the fonts are too small to read.

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

More options. Better options.

Response from Anedot

Replied December 2020

Hi Craig, Thank you for the review and for the kind words. We're always happy to hear from satisfied customers! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of any assistance. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Kevin from House of Delegates

My review

I had many donors that wanted to quickly and effortlessly make a donation and get a receipt. This platform was a solution.

Pros

It is a trusted donation platform among my audience.

Cons

I still don't know how to use it. I have my staff administering the changes and updates.

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

PayPal was too cumbersome and didn't automatically transfer my money to bank account.

Response from Anedot

Replied November 2020

Kevin, Thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to hear that your donors enjoy our quick and effortless donation process. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Chris from Election CFO LLC

Best Political/Non-Profit Contribution Processor Around

Pros

Outstanding customer service. Easy to use and customize. Easy for donors to use.

Cons

A very few features require company assistance to setup, but fewer all the time.

Response from Anedot

Replied November 2019

Chris, Thanks for the review. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Game Changer!

Pros

Anedot’s ease of use has allowed me to spend less time dialing for dollars and more time getting all my other work in order! I was amazed after my first day using the app and realizing I’d garnered nearly in small donations just through text messages and a post on social media! Anedot allows you to save phone time for the heavy lifting and gives your core donor group the ease of one-click contributions. Total game changer!

Cons

I’m really excited that PayPal has been added on, the next step and hopefully this happens immediately Anedot adds on squarecash capabilities. My only real challenge with the software so far is not the software itself, but getting the same message from donors again and again “Can I cashapp you?”

Response from Anedot

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the thoughtful review. It's great to hear that you already seeing an increase in donations! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Jody from Orange Democratic Town Committee

Industry: Political Organization

Anedot helps make payments faster and easier

Anedot has helped us get donations and payments for events must quicker and easier. Not sure that helps offset the cost but ease of use is our cost of "doing business" even though we are an organization not a company.

Pros

It is easy to set up and use. Anedot makes it easy to use and link to our website.

Cons

Response from Anedot

Replied February 2021

Hi Jody, Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Tim from Young Americans for Liberty

Industry: Political Organization

Best customer service and fundraising software

We are raising more money than ever before with Anedot.

Pros

Upsells, donor recovery, ability to do rev shares.

Cons

I wish searching the database of donors was easier. It would also be great if Anedot labeled expired, cancelled, or error running cards on the commitments tab.

Customer service.

Response from Anedot

Replied November 2019

Tim, We appreciate the review and the feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

James from City of Hope

Industry: Biotechnology

Anedot is Perfect for Local Elections

I am a treasurer for a local school board campaign.

Pros

The software is easy to use and has plenty of features. I like the you can require certain text fields for taking donations. For example, you can require the person's occupation.

Cons

I wish that the mobile app let you swipe credit cards.

Response from Anedot

Replied September 2019

James, Thank you for the review! While we don't manufacture our own card readers, our mobile app is compatible with certain third-party card readers. Feel free to contact us and we will recommend a physical card reader that works with the app! There is also a scan feature available for use on our app that allows you to scan the donor's card with the mobile device's camera. This scan function captures the same information that the card reader captures. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Natalie from Summit Finance Northwest

Quick Responses

Pros

I love how quickly I get responses from the customer service team when I have questions. They have a super quick turnaround time.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this product.

Response from Anedot

Replied November 2020

Natalie, Thank you for the review. We love our service team! We are always happy to assist and answer questions. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Jeanette from Jeanette Langley Campaign

Excellent customer service

Easy to use. Great customer service.

Pros

Customer service—I like the fact when I called customer service I talked to a real person. I called again. Talked to the same person so I didn’t have to explain all over again.

Cons

Nothing yet! I just recently started using Anedot.

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

Easy to put on my website. The form was exactly what I needed.

Response from Anedot

Replied March 2021

Hi Jeanette, I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to review Anedot. Our Service team is passionate about helping our customers, so I'm happy to hear that you had a good experience with them. Please let us know if you ever have any questions. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Fantastic Donation Platform for Non-Profits

Pros

Ease of use, the low learning curve, and customer support. The interface is remarkably easy to use and very intuitive. The customer support is A+. Always very responsive to any requests or inquiries.

Cons

There are not a lot of analytic tools within Anedot. I'd like to see them build out some more advanced/sophisticated ways of seeing where the donors came from. There is a Google Analytic integration, but I'd prefer an in-app analytic experience.

Response from Anedot

Replied September 2018

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback! I'd love to hear from you and see what types of analytics would be most useful so that we can work to build-in more ways for you to measure and analyze your success on the platform. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Amanda from Capitol Strategy Group

Industry: Fund-Raising

Trusted online credit card process

Pros

I like the ease of use. It is easy to download and manipulate data as needed.

Cons

I wish there was a file format option to choose to download for FecFile.

Response from Anedot

Replied December 2020

Amanda, Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback. We are always happy to assist and answer questions. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Julie from Campaign to Elect Quintillis Lawrence

Election Committee

Pros

I like the ability to respond directly to donors.

Cons

Pulling together the list of donors is the thing I like least.

Response from Anedot

Replied December 2020

Julie, We appreciate you taking the time to review Anedot! Please let us know if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Bruce from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University

A great fundraising experience

I really enjoy the software. I want to see it better publicized so that it is recognized as a household name like PayPal this would alleviate a lot of the apprehension Gen Xers and Babyboomers have with this software.

Pros

It was simple to use and integrate into my social media and email accounts

Cons

Many people express unfamiliarity with the software and are apprehensive to utilize it

Response from Anedot

Replied September 2019

Bruce, Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that you enjoy using Anedot. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Jere from BASK Digital

Love Anedot!

Pros

Customer service for Anedot is top-notch. Ease of use makes it a top-notch fundraising platform.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you're in it's all good!

Response from Anedot

Replied February 2021

Jere, Thank you for using Anedot! We appreciate the review and the kind words. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Rick from Political Organization

Fast onboarding

Great solution to getting donations to the right place (my campaign bank account) quickly.

Pros

I was up and running within hours. Fine tuning takes a bit longer, but (my own) MVP was very fast.

Cons

They use some industry argot I am unfamiliar with, so had to figure it out. English really is a universal language, insiderspeak is not.

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

It didn't have enough features I needed.

Response from Anedot

Replied November 2020

Rick, Thank you for the review and the kind words. If you'd ever like our Success team to strategize or help fine-tune your donations pages, let us know! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

BJ from Liberty Strategies

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

BJ Perry review of Anedeot

Love suggesting people use it everyday for their campaigns

Pros

The functionality and ease of this product helps any campaign.

Cons

There are few issues people can complain about Anedot. Once people use it they will see how great it is. There are great tools beyond basic merchant processing.

Ease, cost, function.

Response from Anedot

Replied February 2021

Hi BJ, Thanks for the review! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of any assistance. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Brendan from Serenity Village Community Church

Industry: Political Organization

Found on a recommendation, Anedot has lived up to the recommendation!

Pros

It was easy to use and navigate. There are still somethings that you have to learn but the flow of the site makes it so that with little experience you can figure it out.

Cons

It does not work well with a mobile browser.

Response from Anedot

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the feedback! To clarify, the donation forms work very well on mobile browsers but account center for adjusting donation forms is not fully mobile optimized.

Michelle from Building A Better Nevada

Great service

Really great!

Pros

Very easy to use! Makes everything as simple as possible. So reliable. Great support.

Cons

The app for iPhone isn’t as user friendly as stripe.

Response from Anedot

Replied November 2020

Hi Michelle, Thank you for the great review and feedback! We love hearing from our customers. Great things ahead! Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Arthur from Arias & Associates Inc

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great donation service

It is a good donor site for me. They do cost slightly more for donations under compared to other such services so you really have to look at what donation types you plan to be getting mostly. It is a good service though.

Pros

They are very concerned about security and verifying who is using the service to collect money/donations. I got a phone call from them about setting up a new account. Creating a new account is pretty easy. It is not hard to get up and running.

Cons

I wish they had a bit more features like creating widgets to put on a website. I was slightly confused for just a short period about setting up a donation site versus my person account, but it was easy to figure out. The controls, like any new things, may be confusing at first but just go through them to familiarize yourself.

Response from Anedot

Replied September 2019

Arthur, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We always appreciate thoughtful feedback! Please let us know if we can further assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot