All Auctria Reviews

Reviewed April 2023

Perfect software for our non-profit annual auction

Melanie

Reviewed January 2019

Fantastic User Friendly Program

Auctria is a terrific product, and I recommend it to all of my clients and colleagues. It is a great value for the money, easy to use, and has incredible functionality.

PROS

Auctria is very intuitive, and so much easier to use than other nonprofit event softwares on the market. The database function is straight-forward and doesn't have too many layers to it, so data entry is really fast. The website, ticket sales component, donor/guest information, and night of event entry all sync together really well. It takes less than 5 minutes to train volunteers on guest registration, and the materials are quality. Any time that I have had an issue, which hasn't been often, Auctria will get back to me quickly with a solution.

CONS

The only thing I would change would be to make the display sheets a little more dynamic, so they could be individually altered. Perhaps if there were an option to download them as a Word file, it would make it easier to adjust text sizing, photo sizing, etc. Also, it would be great if Auctria had a mobile bidding component.

Hi Melanie GOOD NEWS- Auctria has just released mobile bidding applications for both Android and Apple devices. Apps are available for download in the Google Play Store and iTunes right now. Hope that makes Auctria even more fantastic for you. We strive to make Auctria easy to use and streamline the entire auction process so we are very happy to read that our goals are your reality. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Replied February 2019

Joan

Music, 51-200 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2021

Review of The Monterey County Pops! 2020 Uncorked! Online Fundraiser Using Auctria Software

Everyone ~ our board members, friends and family who bid on items and others who just checked us out ~ all were very impressed with the format and the ease of moving around the auction items and the readability of each of the pages. It was a very positive experience for all of us!

PROS

For me, as the Chairperson of the Uncorked! Fundraiser, I really appreciated the organization of all the categories. Everything about the software was thorough and comprehensive and included all the essential information on the bidders on the donation items. I loved the way the bidding was tracked and bidders were notified of their status. The Dashboard was so extremely useful for referencing important information quickly. All our board members were very enthusiastic about how wonderful the Auctria format was. In fact, at our last board meeting, they confirmed that they want to go forward with doing the same thing again with Auctria for our 2021 fundraiser~ it was such a positive experience! And I as the Chairperson, am especially grateful for the help that I received whenever I had a question ~ I got my answer via email right away! Super impressive!

CONS

Perhaps you could make it more clear that after a bidder wins an item, they need to go back and complete the transaction. A few of our bidders thought that since they had already submitted their credit card information, that their credit card would automatically be debited. After a week or so of non-payment, I had to remind them to go back on the website and complete the transaction.

Reason for choosing Auctria

Another local fundraiser, Santa Lucia Highlands Wine Artisans Association, used Auctria and the excecutive director told me that she was very pleased with everything that Auctria did for them and she explained why. That was enough for me to settle on Auctria after a lot of comparison.

Thank you for taking the time to provide details here. This will certainly help others! Happy to read from the Chairperson, to the board members to the bidders all were delighted. Looks like you did lots of research and the referral from a local organization is kind. Your note here is very kind! Thank you for using Auctria. Hope you crushed your fundraising goal! Re: bidder close-out can be batched by the admin post event if there is a credit card on file. This give the organization much more control over the finances. If you want some help for next time please drop us an email hello@auctria.com.

Replied February 2021

Anne

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Auctria auction review

We had a successful auction but my overall rating of auctria was a 6-7 out of 10 only because I feel there are some kinks they need to work on.

PROS

I liked that the customer service was quick to respond, I liked that the website portion was easy to use and create once I watched the tutorial.

CONS

I didn't like that the customer service reps weren't available for calls or instant messaging help. I didn't like how difficult it was to set up the credit card system I didn't like how difficult it was to set up the kiosk part

Thanks for the feedback Anne. As you stated Auctria's customer service is web/email/ message based and not phone support. This allows us to keep the license fee very low and more money in the pocket of the fundraiser. We do run webinars regularly, these are live events and we do open it up to Q&A at the end. If you missed a topic they webinars are available for playback too. Love for you or your team to join us. Sorry you had difficulty setting up the cc, our support team is always here to help. The good part is once its set up it's done, so there are no additional set-ups for your next auction fundraiser. Our support team is always nearby, please reachout- hello@auctria.com

Replied August 2019

Katrina

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

Excellent Customer Service

Excellent. I found that, overall, I was able to navigate most of it myself, and that which I could not I was able to get help with.

PROS

I like that fact that if you have a question, or a problem, they are on top of it! Generally, it took no more than a few minutes to get a question answered, and I had a couple of times I was freaking out and they assured me and got it fixed within minutes. I am not the most computer savvy, but they were there to help me when i needed it.

CONS

Bidding can be confusing for a husband and wife (or couple) if they are trying to get two seats to an event like a dinner. It's not confusing to me, but that is what I get the most requests for help about.

Katrina, we know running event fundraisers can cause some stress. Thanks for being honest here "I had a couple of times I was freaking out and they assured me and got it fixed within minutes". Thanks for couple feedback, we just updated our tickets, wording an graphics to better indicate sharing bidder numbers. Thanks for using Auctria, hope you crushed the fundraising goal

Replied December 2023

Quinn

Reviewed September 2020

Fantastic service

We were able to put our whole event website and catalog together in less than a week, and when we ran into any issues, the incredible help team went above and beyond, at one point working late into the night with us to get everything ready in time. Once we saw how good our auction looked, we upped our goal by $5K, and then went live. Auctria is more than a great value, it's a fantastic tool for any virtual fundraiser!!

PROS

The most fun feature was that everyone could see bids happen in real time! We hit our goal, and many of our supporters let us know that they had tons of fun seeing bids roll in, so I consider seeing the bids in real time to be an important motivator for hitting our goal. The most useful feature was the mass upload function for photos and descriptions. We had 500 items, and could never have launched on time without this feature!

CONS

The backend portal to build the website was a bit limited — for example, I would have liked to be able to change the colors on the Donate buttons to match the rest of our custom colors. However, it was still better than what I saw with other products, and once we got the hang of it, it was easy to use.

Reason for choosing Auctria

The batch upload function was our primary reason for choosing Auctria, but in addition to that, the user experience was so much more refined, streamlined, and customizable, and the pricing was much more affordable, so more of our funds went toward our mission.

Reasons for switching to Auctria

OneCause really messed up my last event, with no way to fix it, and cost 20x more than Auctria. We're a smal organization, so the pricetag was too much for us, but at the time we thought it might increase our revenue from paper bid sheets and wanted to give it a try. Using Auctria was an easy switch because we didn't need the live auction functionality, and now that I've used it, I think we'll continue with Auctria for all events in the future.

Thank you Quinn for the very detailed review. I do hope this will help others make a favorable decision to use Auctria. "We hit our goall" is the what we love reading the most! fyi- yes, you can edit the donate button colors on the website, if you want help for next time (or if you have the website still up for ongoing donations) email us hello@auctria.com and we can help.

Replied September 2020

Kristi

Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Auctria is the BEST!

We have used Auctria for several auctions and it is definitely my favorite. We were forced to use Click-Bid last year because of the production company we used for an online event, and it was not a good experience. This year we got to choose our software again and it was such a relief to be back with Auctria. Hands down the best!

PROS

Everything about Auctria is very user friendly and the customer service and support is amazing!! It is super easy to enter auction items and manage all of the items and bids. Uploading photos is a breeze. The website, checkout, ticketing, bidder statements, group emails and all of the other features I use daily are very intuitive and easy to understand.

CONS

It would be nice if the online catalog could display multiple photos at the same time, instead of having a “slideshow” type view. It would be nice for maybe 4-5 photos to be visible at the same time when bidders click on an item. It is not obvious how to get to the additional photos if you are a bidder.

Reason for choosing Auctria

Auctria is much more user friendly and has great live support through the chat feature.

Krist, your perspective is fascinating. Using Auctria, being forced to switch then coming back and feeling like you are home. happy to have you back! Thanks for sharing how easy you found adding and managing items and bids s well as website, checkout & tickets. All so vital to ensuring a smooth event from the admin side as well as the bidder/supporter side. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I see your note on the images and will share this with our development team. Hope your organization continues to use Auctria for many events to come.

Replied May 2022

Molly

Reviewed October 2019

Auctria Review

Overall, Auctria helped run our auction smoother. Now that I have used it once, using it in the future will be a lot easier. The price is unbeatable for what you get.

PROS

The software is very easy to use. Check in and check out was easy for people to pick up.

CONS

I didn't like that checkout didn't include what the items where. Check out people had to go to the bidder profile and then to checkout. There is a lot of features which is wonderful but it would have been nice to have someone consult us before so we knew what features we needed and others that we didn't. The software is not very user friendly to individuals that have visual difficulties. When you invert the colors, it is very hard to see buttons.

Reason for choosing Auctria

The price of Auctria was great and it had all the features I wanted. We did not want to go to a full mobile bidding auction. Auctria allowed us to still do the paper bid sheets but made putting the auction together easy with the printing and check out features.

Thank Molly for using Auctria for fundraising with Clarity Clinic of SW Wisconsin, LTD. Happy to read that you find check in and checkout easy. Please reach to our support team for help using any features. Email: hello@auctria.com or in-app messaging. We truly want you to have the best auction fundraising experience possible. Regarding checkout and items is a bit upsetting, this is the core of the platform streamlining donor-item-bidding-checkout. During checkout all items, donations, for sale purchases are on the checkout screens as well as bidder statements. By default bidder Bidder statements will show all the activity: items won, purchases, donations and payments from bidders. Bidder statements can be further modified to include or exclude: item description, item value, & tax deductible status. Thanks for taking the time to leave these details so we can help. Hope all your future bids soar!

Replied October 2019

Zackary

Music, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Great for our nonprofit!

Auctria increased the productivity of our 2019 annual fundraiser dramatically. This year we had 70% of last year’s attendance, and made $300 more than what we made gross last year. We were able to save time during check-in and checkout as the guests were processed before and after our auction. Our event stayed on time, and was even five minutes ahead of schedule for a while. Guests made comments about how professional our operation was and were impressed with the quickness and ease with which we handled their information. The reports we were able to generate regarding income helped us to understand how much money we had made very quickly, even before the evening had ended, so we were able to report our winnings to the guests to let them know how much they had helped us. Auctria is an amazing software for small nonprofit organizations that cannot afford to pay the exorbitant fees of other auction software companies. I one hundred percent would recommend this to another organization, and we will definitely be using it for all of our events in the future.

PROS

I liked how easy the software was to use, learn, and teach. It had a great user interface and is very organized, with options to easily create reports. This makes data sharing an easy process.

CONS

There was not a lot to dislike about the Auctria software. It was well described and demonstrated on the website, easy to understand, easy to purchase and implement. I really cannot think of anything I dislike.

Reason for choosing Auctria

Auctria fit within our organization’s budget for the event. It was described and demonstrated very well on the website, and we were able to get a lot of information about the product without having to schedule a consultation. I appreciated this greatly, as the process saved me a lot of time compared to what I had to go through with other companies that withheld the cost of their service and what their service provided. Auctria takes a modern approach to auction management and I appreciate the DIY support that greatly improved our event.

Thanks Zackary for taking the time to leave really genuine and detailed comments. You said it all so nicely! Hope you crush all your future fundraising goals.

Replied October 2019

Jaime

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Clean Appearance and Ease of Function Increased Event Revenue

PROS

The website produced for our auction was easy to brand and create with the pre-made section and row content. It was great to create the initial set up and have auction items automatically update as entered on the backend of the system. The end result was a clean, professional looking site far superior to other auction platforms we have used, and the aesthetic appeal and ease of use increased out overall revenue by 75% compared to previous years using other software. The resources section was helpful as well.

CONS

My only complaint is that there doesn't appear to be a function to create scheduled communications to event participants. While I was able to create emails ahead of time, I had to log in at the send time to manually take that step instead of setting up a series ahead of time.

Reason for choosing Auctria

Best price for the available options and carried the most professional, easily branded end result.

Reasons for switching to Auctria

We wanted a cleaner, more professional look and more resources to increase our impact.

Happy to read you used Auctria to raise funs for Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue. Thanks for pointing out the streamlined activity from backend to public website. We really do strive to make it easy. Got your note on scheduling, and will add a plus-one to the development team's request list. We are always looking to improve. Just this week we added scheduling for visibility on the website.

Replied March 2021

Carrie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2022

Great function and high quality software for a budget friendly option!

We will continue to use Auctria at our next function. It is hands down the best auction management software for the price and even exceeds some of the very expensive options. We are a small non-profit, so those expensive options are not in our budget.

PROS

The ability to customize everything including the website. Everything connected well with bidders online and in person, and our staff enjoyed using the software.

CONS

The main thing we struggled with was duplicate users. People get registered twice and sometimes it's difficult to merge them last minute. I think there should be an option that when they register, it merges them based on some personal information that is required to register, perhaps a cell phone number.

Reason for choosing Auctria

Price and functionality associated with auction management. It had everything we needed and then some.

Carrie, this-- "The ability to customize everything including the website." Yes, each and every website can be personalized and branded! Thanks for recognizing this incredible tool. Use one of our templates out-or-the-box, use a themed template or start from scratch. Adding images, links, text, video really brings the website to life! re: merging, it would be hard to auto-merge these, perhaps a warning or notification might help? We will share your note with the development team. Always appreciative of feedback!

Replied November 2022

Amanda

Reviewed October 2022

Great Program for Small Non Profit

PROS

I love that it is so customizable! It really can be whatever you want it to be! Use as many or as little features as you want.

CONS

I would like the texting to be a little less clunky. Our users have the most complaints about that feature.

Reason for choosing Auctria

Pricing. We realized that all the features that people liked on OneCause can be implemented with Auctria.

Thanks for noting the features in Auctria are a great value. Small and larger organizations can bot raise lots of money for lots of incredible causes. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and the kind shout-out to the support team "Their customer service is top notch! They are very responsive to answering questions and problem solving in the moment at an event."

Replied October 2022

Kyle

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Easy to use, great support and worked well.

Loved it and would use it again!

PROS

I really enjoyed using this software and it worked really well. Most features were easy to set up and the customer support was excellent!

CONS

Some of the time the program flow is a little hard to figure out and not logical.

Reasons for switching to Auctria

I needed registration and auction software all in one.

Thanks Kyle for using Auctria. Also thanks for pointing out the full features of Auctria. Yes, registration & auctions are the core of the product. Also included with every license (no up-charge) are: selling tickets online and at the door, tables, raffles, check-in, check-out, close-out, paddle read, a dedicated website and the lsit goes on. The very best part is that it is ALL streamlined. Hope you crushed your fundraising goals. Looking forward to you using Auctria for your next event fundraiser.

Replied March 2020

Brad

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2019

Auctria Is An Incredible DIY Auction Program

I looked at so many different programs. This one was so good when we went back to a paper-based silent auction, the item descriptions, bid sheets, catalog, and back office capability was so good we renewed the subscription. Of note, the mobile bidding is incredible and easy to use.

PROS

The user tile-based interface is intuitive. The dashboard both takes you where you need to go in the program and has updating totals, clocks, and other real-time features and not just static buttons. The back office and forms section for standard and customized bid sheets, item descriptions, table management cards are amazingly easy as they scaled themselves to fit our differing page formats. The post-auction reports are clear and concise. We really needed and appreciated the Excel import feature of all info. Now, the biggest worry you'll have in DIY auction program is customer service. They are in Canada, and they reply via text box and email. Before you click off this review let me tell you Rob and the customer service gang really answer the text box. I know it says hours but they never took more than minutes to answer my many questions. In fact, last year when there was a significant issue during the event, their super quick response saved the day as it was our first year running a mobile bidding platform. In terms of that, the text-based versus app-based system was flawless. Also, uploading item pictures and contributor's logo was super easy and translated across the bid sheet, item description, website, and catalogue. Oh, and let me tell you, the push-the-button catalog function, bid sheet function, item description function was so good, when we went back to a paper bidding system it was worth every bit of the subscription fee.

CONS

The tabs across the top of each feature page to customize need visual improvement to be as easy to click on and have a hover function to describe what they do. I'd have them add more to the report section where there could be item sales analysis of what went above and below value and group them to see what items would be good to have next year and which ones didn't work well both at a item and category level. Lastly, there needs to be a "cart" function. Mobile bidders want to highlight the five to ten items they want to bid on during the night. A really nice improvement would be a cart where like on eBay, they don't have to go in and out of pages to re-bid, rather their items are on one screen and they can bid up those items in their cart.

Reason for choosing Auctria

There were so many I couldn't remember them all. Blackblaud's new product was one. They were very expensive, required their staff to come and run things, they were app-based instead of text-based, and many did not have printable forms.

Reasons for switching to Auctria

The old one didn't have the ease and printable sheets we needed

Brad! Love that you shared your exact experience with lots of details, how & whys. Thanks for the comment "Now, the biggest worry you'll have in DIY auction program is customer service. They are in Canada, and they reply via text box and email. Before you click off this review let me tell you Rob and the customer service gang really answer the text box. I know it says hours but they never took more than minutes to answer my many questions." ... and Brad, you must have spider-man-senses? We are exploring the shopping cart type functions. Glad to see you used the mobile application too. The immediate outbid notifications really help bids soar. Hope you crush all your fundraising goals!

Replied August 2019

Susan

Public Safety, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

"Take a Taste Out of Crime Online" First Time

While using an online auction website for the first time did involve much work and a lot of learning, in hindsight, it was much easier and less complicated than I thought it would be. Kudos to a top-notch support team; each representative was spot-on with prompt responses and (very patient) assistance. If found the Facebook page extremely helpful; I appreciated the Facebook group where I could pose questions to "experienced" event planners in search of best practices used by others. We have been toying with adding online bidding options to our in-person event for several years. We have received such overwhelming and positive response to the auction (professional appearance, ease of use), we have begun talking about how to perhaps incorporate technology (Auctria's platform!) in our 2021 event.

PROS

Since 2015 and prior to this year, we had been using the Auctria platform for our in-person event which included upwards of 160 silent auction items, 18 bucket raffles items, and "big item" raffles. It worked well to house sponsor and donor data as well as auction item information and details. Printing up pen-to-paper bid sheets was easy and simple. With COVID19 restrictions, we had to move our fundraiser to an virtual event. Since much of our data was already entered into Auctria, it was easy to re-categorizing pieces from "silent" to "online." It was turn-key! Everything was linked and automatically connected to the auction website catalog pages. Our task then became taking and uploading pictures (using a phone camera!), and creating a website.

CONS

I found that some of the website templates for the auction website were cumbersome and limiting. In adding verbiage to the website homepage, I would have liked to have had more flexibility in font size choices and clearer information about padding and margins in text row blocks (this was the first time I have ever used a negative margin setting!!). My work around was to create a JPG text block and upload it as a picture. While not a software issue, I found the User Guide drill-down method for linking additional information difficult to follow. Often times, I would click on links which suggested other links, which suggested even more links, and I would fink myself lost looking for the solution or answer to a question. On the other hand, tech support is amazing!

Susan- thanks for hi-lighting the FB Group Auction Team Talk in this review. We are happy you found it useful. To anyone else looking to connect with other auction teams & experts please join us. Glad to see read your fundraiser was a success!

Replied July 2020

Debbe

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Auctria Saved Our Auction

Our annual auction has always involved 100s upon 100s of volunteer hours. It was becoming increasingly difficult to get volunteers to put in the time. Auctria solved that problem for us, reducing our volunteer time by at least 85%. We were also affected by people's hesitancy to do anything "in person" following the pandemic. Being able to have the auction totally online with a wonderful website solved that problem. We sold out almost every event we offered. That has never happened before. My overall experience with Auctria was fantastic. The staff are very personable and know their product. They went out of their way to accommodate our schedules for meetings and we always received prompt answers to our questions. They were available to help with setting everything up and had great suggestions for marketing our auction items. At the beginning, we watched a lot of the online videos about how to set up an auction and how to use Auctria. That content was very helpful.To any person or organization looking for software to run an auction or fundraiser, I say, "Look no further. Auctria is the BEST."

PROS

We used Auctria to conduct our auction completely on line. In a few short weeks, we progressed from creating a paper and pdf catalog, setting up tables with silent auction sheets, and calculating everything by hand (winners, invoices, etc.) to doing everything on line. Our annual auction is a 40 year tradition that was put on hold during the pandemic. We were all worried about how to bring it back, and whether or not moving to an online platform would negatively impact participation and profits. It did not. Our experience was wonderful.We purchased the Emerald Plan and it was worth every penny. The staff support was fantastic and they have continued to be available to us since the auction closed. With their guidance, we have been able to offer all unsold items via the website in an "After Event Sale."To my knowledge, Auctria has been 100% accurate in billing, processing payments, tracking bids, and in absolutely every other facet of our auction.Also, the website created for our event was beautiful and I'm sure it contributed greatly to our success.

CONS

I think Auctria could improve the ease at which one can find topics in their Help menu. Finding the answers to specific questions wasn't always easy, and the search tool was not specific enough. That said, I found that using CHAT feature or emailing the concierge typically got a same day and often immediate answer to my questions.Our bidders were confused by the notifications when they were outbid. It was challenging to understand how to get back in the running if you were trying to buy two separate seats at a dinner and you were outbid for one of them. (You had to outbid yourself, and then bid again for the second seat.) There isn't a tab in the menu for "show me items that have sold." This would be helpful.

Reason for choosing Auctria

We chose Auctria at the recommendation of another congregation. They were spot on!!!

Debbe--thank you SO much for taking to time to leave very specific details about your experience. We know your time is valuable, please know it is appreciated! Thanks for accolades the calculation on time saved "Our annual auction has always involved 100s upon 100s of volunteer hours. It was becoming increasingly difficult to get volunteers to put in the time. Auctria solved that problem for us, reducing our volunteer time by at least 85%." Hope to see you at Auctria for many years and many events to follow.

Replied April 2023

Katie

Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

First Virtual Silent/Live Auction

We were hugely successful in our fundraiser this year. We raised the most money ever. We learned so much through this process, and will surely use Auctria for our future auction fundraisers. I have already recommended this program to other schools in similar circumstances to our own.

PROS

The updated edition of the Auctria program allowed us to make an attractive website where people could find lots of information about our event from a countdown to fundraising thermometer, ticket purchase, item catalogue and video footage. We were able to integrate the software into our first ever virtual auction. We utilized many features of the Auctria program, as well as, new features. We used the features for raffles, silent, live auction as well as cash donations. It was easy to use, and when we encountered issues or questions, we just reached out to the Auctria team for clarification and support. They were quick to respond and helped us navigate going virtual.

CONS

Sometimes our team struggled to understand some of the features of the software or how to integrate features into the website. In these circumstances, the Auctria team answered our questions or assisted our team in developing a solution that fit our needs.

Reason for choosing Auctria

We chose Auctria for the combination of price and features available that suited our needs.

Wow Katie. Thanks for your time in leaving a detailed review. This will surely help others understand both the power and flexibility of Auctria. So happy to read you raised the most money ever. Congratulations on a job well done by you and your team! Thanks for the referral to others-that is the best compliment we can receive.

Replied June 2020