• Pros

• "I really enjoyed using this software and it worked really well. Most features were easy to set up and the customer support was excellent!"

• "Easy to use, quick set up. Great price point. We tried to use the online bidding feature this year. The app appeared easy to use. "

• "It's a good quality product! We have used it multiple time. "

• Cons

• "Can be complicated to use at times but customer support helps "

• "Very few cons, but there were some small things that our client needed that wasn't a feature on the software. It did not interfere with the functionality or value of the software."

• "I am pretty tech savvy, so it works for me, but the software requires some knowledge and patience with basic database work. It is not as easy to use as some of the competition claims to be."

Browse Auctria Reviews

Ccille from OutRight Action International

The BEST bang for your buck and more

Overall, for having this be the first and only auction software I've ever used, this has been an amazing experience. I loved learning the ins and outs of Auctria, and strongly recommend it for smaller auctions, and if the slight kinks are worked out, strongly recommend it for big auctions. There's a lot of potential with Auctria, and I'm hoping they succeed. I think they will

Pros

I loved most everything Auctria has to offer. 1.) The team there is phenomenal. I don't think I've ever gotten such instant quality support on anything so consistently in my ENTIRE life. Literally, when I send a support email, I expect a reply back in maybe a day or two. Auctria responds in less than 3 hours, sometimes in literally HALF an hour. amazing. 2.) Even without all my nonsense questions, the guides that Auctria has are very detailed and I could relatively easily figure everything out myself which I mostly did, but it's nice having the Auctria team to ask questions to. Especially since they're so accessible! 3.) Their features to capture donor information is second to none. My favorite thing about Auctria is how they made the capture of information BEFORE the event so simple and easy. The only thing that sucks was having to input "guest" information at the event, but Auctria tied every guest to the purchaser, so even then, they covered bases by allowing us to know who to contact if we needed something from someone. 4.) From silent auctions, to online, to even live, Auctria literally covers everything so well and seamlessly. 5.) Checking out final bids is so easy. no chasing down people for cc information with maybe one or two who for some reason chose not to register their card.

Cons

1.) Auctria's only con that I found so far was with it's app and online bidding. I didn't find online bidding so seamless, when someone needs either an email address/bidding number and a password in order to log in. As I was testing the app, I found befuddled on why someone needed a password, and found that some people weren't able to make a password, effectively not allowing them to bid online. I rectified this with having online kiosks, but we definitely lost some money because of this. We might not use Auctria next year because of this which saddens me. Making the online bidding process simpler though would make my team change their minds I'm sure.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2019

Thanks for sharing your auction story. Happy to read Auctria surpassed your expectation for support help. Thanks for sharing the simplicity you found with the program. Regarding the mobile app and access- bidders can be sent or given an access code to sign into the app or website without needing to set up a password. Please reach out to help@auctria.com so we can share more information and more details. Thanks for being our cheerleader and hope all your fundraising goals are surpassed.

Eric from Mountain Sage Community School

Great fundraising event with Auctria's help along the way

When I'm not volunteering my time for the school I'm an IT manager and software engineer. I began by doing a pretty substantial product comparison before we chose Auctria. After comparing Auctria to other products that cost 10x as much I had two main concerns: 1. How can it be so much more affordable than the competition (what's wrong with it)? 2. No phone or night-of support. After using the product to host a fundraising event with an online/mobile silent auction with on-site kiosks, mobile and remote bidde, a live auction, games, and event with ticket sales and related website, I can say I was amazed at the value and support we received. The product has a ton of well-designed functionality built in. I'd like to feel like we used most of it but there were still areas we didn't touch. As for the support, I have to agree with what many others have said. I've never seen such responsive e-mail support and I've been in the industry for 20 years. We must have sent at least 20 e-mails in the few months we had. They always responded quickly; at most by the next business day, but often the same day and sometimes within minutes. More importantly their responses were always very helpful. None of that having to battle through two levels of support before you get to anyone that knows anything. Sometimes, rather than just explain how to do something, they would make a change for us and then explain the "how". They have good documentation and were always very courteous and helpful.

Pros

Excellent price. Excellent support. Well-designed flexible platform that supported our needs. Modern simple-to-use interface with well thought-out workflows such as check-in/out. Built-in support for credit cards. Built-in ways to engage with bidders, donors, etc. Built-in reporting, export and import functionality.

Cons

Lack of premium support option for off-hours support the night of the event (at least at the time). We did fine without it but I can understand that being a deal breaker for some. It nearly was for me, but I'm glad we decided to go with Auctria. At first we were planning to use the live auction website tool for the live auction, but found it was easier to get the presentation we wanted using Powerpoint. With all the enhancements they keep making that can very well have changed by now.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Lots of positive online recommendations/feedback, breadth of features, and the price

Response from Auctria

Replied February 2020

Eric-- your review encapsulates Auctria's mission and culture! Eric's review says everything we strive for. Auctria is an easy to use, powerful tool to run your fundraising events. Take your auction to new heights and raise more for your cause. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. Hope you crushed your fundraising goals.

Judith from Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Washington

The best deal in town!

This is an excellent product/solution for event management. It is very easy to teach new volunteers or staff to use it, and it does everything we need for our auction event that much more expensive packages have. I often recommend this to other nonprofits. Tremendous value for the price!

Pros

The ease of use, user friendly. The tutorials are straightforward and support team is superb! Whenever something new is introduced (not a frequent issue, but there have been a couple of updates in the 5 years I have used it), the support team is VERY responsive. And works to get answers and help when needed. The Stripe integration is excellent, and the website set up is very, very easy for a non-web designer. Also love the history within each bidder file. Reports are great. It's fast and works VERY well in the flurry of an auction or other fundraising event. The fluidity of issuing statements (email or hard copy) has proven valuable in collecting donation pledges/receivables MUCH faster.

Cons

I would like to be able to label an event something other than an "Auction" and sometimes use other terminology such as "Guest" instead of "Bidder". This was the first time I used the software for a $0 ticket price event (totally paid for by sponsorships) and some of the wording on the online sign up was awkward. Will be interested in seeing if there is a better way to set that up next time.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Extremely competitive with all the functionality we need, and the price point is perfect. I sourced this product in a previous job, it was excellent then, and I was very excited to come back to it in my current position.

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2019

Judith, 5 years and 5-stars across the board! Thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. I'm SURE this will help others understand your usage of Auctria and how it can help other groups with an auction-event-fundraiser. Re: website titles reach out to our support team- we are getting ready to launch a brand-new designer beginning 2020 that I hope will make you even happier. If you want to use right now we can do a one-off-beta for you. Email hello@auctria.com or in-app messaging. Hope you crush all your fundraising goals!

Anne from iamHeart

Auctria auction review

We had a successful auction but my overall rating of auctria was a 6-7 out of 10 only because I feel there are some kinks they need to work on.

Pros

I liked that the customer service was quick to respond, I liked that the website portion was easy to use and create once I watched the tutorial.

Cons

I didn't like that the customer service reps weren't available for calls or instant messaging help. I didn't like how difficult it was to set up the credit card system I didn't like how difficult it was to set up the kiosk part

Response from Auctria

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the feedback Anne. As you stated Auctria's customer service is web/email/ message based and not phone support. This allows us to keep the license fee very low and more money in the pocket of the fundraiser. We do run webinars regularly, these are live events and we do open it up to Q&A at the end. If you missed a topic they webinars are available for playback too. Love for you or your team to join us. Sorry you had difficulty setting up the cc, our support team is always here to help. The good part is once its set up it's done, so there are no additional set-ups for your next auction fundraiser. Our support team is always nearby, please reachout- hello@auctria.com

Elizabeth from North Parish of North Andover

Excellent Reasonably Priced Software Product!

A+ experience. A great product.

Pros

Auctria has thought of just about everything needed for a Silent Auction. Gift certificates, display sheets, bid sheets, receipts, and online catalogs. Everything prints from the system seamlessly. They have kept up with technology by adding online features. The ability to text winners s added in the last few years has made our auction close out so much smoother. Technical support is incredibly responsive -- I usually have a response within an hour or two on the rare occasion I have a problem.

Cons

Some of the functionality is buried too deep- or requires an additional step --especially on Auction close out. Since I use the close out only once a year for an annual auction, sometimes I find I can't easily find a particular function during the craziness of check out. For example, when you put in a bidder for check out only their total comes up -- not their individual items. It took awhile to figure out how to find their list of items they actually won.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Auctria had the best overall features and seemed to have thought through all the elements of an auction more fully than the other products we were considering at the time.

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2019

So nice to read reviews from admin's like you, Elizabeth, that have used Auctria for multiple years. Thanks for the loyalty and the 10/10 likelihood to recommend. That means a lot! Truly appreciate the feedback on closeout. We did run a webinar on this topic, it is available at any time for playback-- however we did not cover this exact feature. We will consider doing so for the next one. If you CAN attend a webinar live we do open it to questions & answers at the end. Hope to 'see' you online. Hope you crush all your fundraising goals at North Parish of North Andover.

Michelle from Unity Christian School

User friendly! Would HIGHLY recommend this program!!

Overall I absolutely recommend this product! We have used it for 3 years now and it has been our go to for our events big and small! It is SO easy to learn and they have great customer support as well; always willing to answer my questions in a very timely manner!

Pros

It is super easy to set up and enter auction items (silent and live) as well as keep track of donors and donations. I also LOVE the dashboard which keeps a live, running tally of our sales. I also love that we can have multiple users entering data at the same time!

Cons

My least favorite things is that it tracks all donors and bidders per company and not per event. I would rather have the option to import my bidder list or donor list in to another auction if I choose and not have it automatically store them all in each event. It makes it more cumbersome to get a list of current event bidders/donors by doing an extra step or two.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

It was the most simple to set up and use and was able to do more of what I needed it to do for our specific events.

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2019

"Would HIGHLY recommend this program" and you have been using for 3 years! It really helps us at Auctria stay on track and hopefully other fundraising groups know how Auctria performs in a real-life. By the way, donors are stored per org and bidders are by event. So you can do exactly what you are referring to- upload/transfer bidders for each separate event. At your convenience please, reach out to our support team for specifics- email: hello@auctria.com or in-app messaging. Happy to help. Sincere thank you for sharing your enthusiasm with passion and detail Michelle. Hope all your bids soar!

Laura from Cohasset Youth Baseball & Softball Association

A fantastic tool in the toolbox!

I took great comfort in knowing that myself and my co-chair could work seamlessly on this same tool, and all information would be up to date with her/my entries. The dashboard was also a nice recap to share with the Board our progress toward our fundraising and ticket sales goals.

Pros

I loved the standardized collection and cross-reference of donors, items, and online ticket purchasing. I also liked the tracking of incomes and expenses as it made the wrap-up of the event very easy. I also liked the new slide-show of item images for the online catalog. Next time I would like to take advantage of the pre-bidding, online!!

Cons

I wish there were a place to have Sponsors submit their logos, and a dedicated field for them to indicate how they would like to be referenced on a "Sponsor Board". This is a very small thing, but when entering an item or a bid or other elements, it would be nice for the save button to be at the bottom of the screen as well, as that is the natural place for a user to look, instead of having to scroll back to the top and look on the right-hand side for the "save" button.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Specifically, the online ticket sales along with the item inventory were key in our choice of Auctria! Other options included PayPal, EventBright, RSVPify, and TicketLeap - all of which had the same or higher credit card and software fees, and none of which provided the support for donations, sponsorship tracking, and (on to the next step) thank you's!!

Response from Auctria

Replied November 2019

Love that your love the "standardized collection and cross-reference of donors, items, and online ticket purchasing". We truly mean it when we say the entire auction is streamlined and you described this so well! I will share your +1 for the lower save button with our dev team. Your very kind comments motivate us each day to help groups fundraise for all the beautiful causes. Hope all your fundraising is grand-slam!

Marygrace from National Charity League

Best auction software in the market

Pros

The developers thought of everything so it covered all our basic needs initially but as we got more familiar with the product, we found that it had advanced configuration settings that really took it to the next level. It exceeded our expectations and our auction went very smoothly. Also I loved their customer support chat format. The reps were not only knowledgeable but helped me with brainstorming on how to use the system to fit our organizations particular needs.

Cons

This is so minor but it would have bee nice to be able to have word templates available for bid sheets and configure tables in bidder and ticket statements emails.

Cloud based and price.

Response from Auctria

Replied November 2019

Marygrace, thank you for the very kind words regarding the Auctria platform and the very, very, kind words regarding the support team. I will share your feedback with the team. Our goal is always to help optimize the auction fundraiser so you can raise more money with the fundraiser. We also share best-practices on our webinars that are all available for playback at your leisure. Tell us more about the word template bid sheets comment; bid sheets can be configured in many ways within Auctria. Please reach out in-app or email us hello@auctria.com and I'm sure we can help find a solution.

Richard from Self Employed

Another successful event

This program really takes the work out of running our event so more people can enjoy the event and everyone gets their bills early. Unlike previously, we typically collect over 80% of the balances due before people leave.

Pros

This software streamlines every aspect of our annual services auction, from soliciting donations to catalog preparation to check in, bidding, and reporting. We typically get audited receipts to attendees before they leave the event. Easy to use--I generally train most of the support the night of the event.

Cons

Can't think of anything we didn't like. Perhaps a bit tricky to figure out how to correct errors, but once you see how to do it, it's a snap.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

We preferred the features and price of Auctria.

Response from Auctria

Replied November 2019

Thanks for really painting the picture on how you use, find ease in training volunteers, and collections utilizing the Auctria platform. Our goal is to streamline auction from the first donation to the last including all the bidding in between-- reading you review makes us feel we accomplished this. Thanks for using Auctria for multiple years, thanks for 10/10 review.

Peter from Foggy Bottom West End Village

Been using Auctria for several years and it never disappoints

Pros

Very easy to use and very intuitive. Helps manage all aspects of the auction. The dashboard is also great at providing useful information very quickly.

Cons

The lack of phone support. You have to send a message and wait for a reply.

Response from Auctria

Replied November 2019

Thanks Peter for using Auctria for multiple years. Thanks for recognizing the power of the Auctria dashboard, we strive to make it easy to read AND comprehensive to give you one main page to supervise the auction activity. You are right, Auctria help is email and in-app message based. This helps us keep our fees low and more fundraising dollars in the pockets of beautiful causes like Foggy Bottom West End Village. Although or support team is not 24 hours we do respond as quickly as possible. Reach out any time for help please! Hope you crush all your fundraising goals!

Brad from Asheville Buncombe Community Christian Ministry (ABCCM)

Auctria Is An Incredible DIY Auction Program

I looked at so many different programs. This one was so good when we went back to a paper-based silent auction, the item descriptions, bid sheets, catalog, and back office capability was so good we renewed the subscription. Of note, the mobile bidding is incredible and easy to use.

Pros

The user tile-based interface is intuitive. The dashboard both takes you where you need to go in the program and has updating totals, clocks, and other real-time features and not just static buttons. The back office and forms section for standard and customized bid sheets, item descriptions, table management cards are amazingly easy as they scaled themselves to fit our differing page formats. The post-auction reports are clear and concise. We really needed and appreciated the Excel import feature of all info. Now, the biggest worry you'll have in DIY auction program is customer service. They are in Canada, and they reply via text box and email. Before you click off this review let me tell you Rob and the customer service gang really answer the text box. I know it says hours but they never took more than minutes to answer my many questions. In fact, last year when there was a significant issue during the event, their super quick response saved the day as it was our first year running a mobile bidding platform. In terms of that, the text-based versus app-based system was flawless. Also, uploading item pictures and contributor's logo was super easy and translated across the bid sheet, item description, website, and catalogue. Oh, and let me tell you, the push-the-button catalog function, bid sheet function, item description function was so good, when we went back to a paper bidding system it was worth every bit of the subscription fee.

Cons

The tabs across the top of each feature page to customize need visual improvement to be as easy to click on and have a hover function to describe what they do. I'd have them add more to the report section where there could be item sales analysis of what went above and below value and group them to see what items would be good to have next year and which ones didn't work well both at a item and category level. Lastly, there needs to be a "cart" function. Mobile bidders want to highlight the five to ten items they want to bid on during the night. A really nice improvement would be a cart where like on eBay, they don't have to go in and out of pages to re-bid, rather their items are on one screen and they can bid up those items in their cart.

Response from Auctria

Replied August 2019

Brad! Love that you shared your exact experience with lots of details, how & whys. Thanks for the comment "Now, the biggest worry you'll have in DIY auction program is customer service. They are in Canada, and they reply via text box and email. Before you click off this review let me tell you Rob and the customer service gang really answer the text box. I know it says hours but they never took more than minutes to answer my many questions." ... and Brad, you must have spider-man-senses? We are exploring the shopping cart type functions. Glad to see you used the mobile application too. The immediate outbid notifications really help bids soar. Hope you crush all your fundraising goals!

Ute from Vernon Jubilee Hospital Foundation

Great software for gala and auction

Overall, it was great to have this software for the entire organizing process of our hospital gala. We are talking a very elaborate event with about 250 guests, 100+ donors, and over 150 auction items. In the past all of these things got tracked in multiple spread sheets and if anything changed, it would have been a disaster. This year, using Auctria, everything was in one place, very easy to see in detail or at a glance. If guests or meals or seating arrangements changed, it was so easy to do and follow and just to stay on top of it. I realized, that even though I have been using this system for a few month prior to our gala, there are still many functions we have never even touched. I would highly recommend this software and am extremely glad I did decide for this particular software (never used any other one, but wouldn't switch), but also recommend to take the time to read the manual, play around and take time to understand the many many function to utilize it to its best potential.

Pros

I enjoyed how intuitive the use of the software was. Anything I wanted to do, was possible with this software. There were a couple times were I would provide my volunteers with a log in and they basically figured it out on their own as it was very easy to use and understand the software. Setting up the website, took a little time, but also once I understood how it worked, not a big deal. Enjoyed that I had all info from guests names, seating arrangements, auction items, donors and supporters and much more all handy in one place. Made the reconciliation at the end very easy. I did use an outside budget for this time, but think in the future I would purely use Auctria for that as well. Now that the event is over, it is great to still be able to see all the guests info and pull all different reports we may want to see. The customer service was great in answering any questions I had ahead of time via email, but unfortunately I was never given a phone number to connect with them on the spot. And as it is most often for me, I usually wait with doing something until it needs o be done now and if I couldn't get an instant answer I had to wait and get back at it later. Not their fault, more my own, but I wished sometimes there would have been a live chat or phone number to call. Even though, usually their replies came within a couple hours or overnight as I am on the west coast.

Cons

There isn't much I didn't like. I guess the only thing I didn't understand until we were at the event was that we had the 0.3% charge on Auctria per transaction + the 2.69% on Stripe. The system does show the option to add those fees to the invoice, but we didn't realize it until it was too late. So now we have to cover a pretty large invoice of stripe fees we didn't expect. Anyways, more my fault for not paying attention to ahead of time. But in the future I would certainly add that to the guest check-out or if they want to not pay it, just charge more on our credit card machines then through the system. I also had a couple guests that commented that they weren't able to go back into their registration and make changes to their guest list or meal selection. This must have been a glitch in the system, but wasn't a big deal. For my side, I found it a little confusing with the e-tickets and ticket statements and such, as they weren't fully clear to me what each of them was about and even more so, I thought I had it set up that everyone how registered would receive it automatically. This was only the case for the people that self-registered but not the ones I added manually.

Response from Auctria

Replied June 2019

Hi Ute, thank you SO MUCH for the detailed review, it's sure to help others understand the power and simplicity of Auctria. With 250 guests 100+ donors and 150 auction items sounds like a success--happy to read Auctria helped you ditch the spreadsheets! Yes, Auctria is full of even more features, join our free webinars or watch on playback when it convenient for you to learn more. Also, we invite you and your auction team to follow Auctria on Facebook & Twitter to get even more tips and auction fundraising advice.

Penny from Shawnee Mission UU Church

Excellent Product. Worth every single cent!

Accurate accounting of the major fundraiser (other than our annual operating fund campaign) for our church. Also ability to maintain and manage accounts receivable (we don't take payment on the night of our auction). Help in recruiting volunteers for the auction - volunteer data entry is easier to come by when the data entry can be done remotely and is easy to learn. Our church is just a medium-sized one (350 members) and we cannot afford to spend thousands to have someone come in and run our yearly auctions. A yearly cost of less than what we pay is far less than the value we receive for this software. Our auctions have reached thousands od dollars in income the past two years. We are very excited about that. My ONLY concern is that should Auctria go out of business that we would lose all our data. THAT would be awful. I would hope and pray that we would be offered CSV files of all our data before it "disappeared."

Pros

Multi-user, retention of data by auction, emailing of invoices and donation receipts, and the ability to copy data from one auction to the next. Exceptional customer support and response. Our church uses this software so our auction's donors and bidders are mostly the same people. We auction items that have multiple winners (gourmet dinners, themed parties, etc. ). A few emails back and forth was all it took to get the software to handle this accurately. I searched quite a long while for a replacement for our ancient software (that was a multi-user nightmare) and I hit the jackpot when finding Charity Auction Organizer. I am a retired programmer/analyst and this software was easy to learn, has excellent Help, and the personalized support we needed. Taking awhile to get used to the newest version with Auctria, but we'll get there. Have used this product for four of our church's auctions and one other non-profit auction. We'll be using it again November 2018.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2017

Auctria was built for groups like yours! Auctria is not going anywhere. Even if you stop using Auctria the data is yours to access. We pride ourselves on full features and great value. To ease your mind Auctria does have export features under Import/Export -> Export and any report on the screen can be exported as a PDF/XLS/CSV file using the 'Actions' menu at the bottom of the page.

Molly from Clarity Clinic of SW Wisconsin, LTD

Auctria Review

Overall, Auctria helped run our auction smoother. Now that I have used it once, using it in the future will be a lot easier. The price is unbeatable for what you get.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. Check in and check out was easy for people to pick up.

Cons

I didn't like that checkout didn't include what the items where. Check out people had to go to the bidder profile and then to checkout. There is a lot of features which is wonderful but it would have been nice to have someone consult us before so we knew what features we needed and others that we didn't. The software is not very user friendly to individuals that have visual difficulties. When you invert the colors, it is very hard to see buttons.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

The price of Auctria was great and it had all the features I wanted. We did not want to go to a full mobile bidding auction. Auctria allowed us to still do the paper bid sheets but made putting the auction together easy with the printing and check out features.

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2019

Thank Molly for using Auctria for fundraising with Clarity Clinic of SW Wisconsin, LTD. Happy to read that you find check in and checkout easy. Please reach to our support team for help using any features. Email: hello@auctria.com or in-app messaging. We truly want you to have the best auction fundraising experience possible. Regarding checkout and items is a bit upsetting, this is the core of the platform streamlining donor-item-bidding-checkout. During checkout all items, donations, for sale purchases are on the checkout screens as well as bidder statements. By default bidder Bidder statements will show all the activity: items won, purchases, donations and payments from bidders. Bidder statements can be further modified to include or exclude: item description, item value, & tax deductible status. Thanks for taking the time to leave these details so we can help. Hope all your future bids soar!

Zackary from Rainbow City Performing Arts

Industry: Music

Great for our nonprofit!

Auctria increased the productivity of our 2019 annual fundraiser dramatically. This year we had 70% of last years attendance, and made $300 more than what we made gross last year. We were able to save time during check-in and checkout as the guests were processed before and after our auction. Our event stayed on time, and was even five minutes ahead of schedule for a while. Guests made comments about how professional our operation was and were impressed with the quickness and ease with which we handled their information. The reports we were able to generate regarding income helped us to understand how much money we had made very quickly, even before the evening had ended, so we were able to report our winnings to the guests to let them know how much they had helped us. Auctria is an amazing software for small nonprofit organizations that cannot afford to pay the exorbitant fees of other auction software companies. I one hundred percent would recommend this to another organization, and we will definitely be using it for all of our events in the future.

Pros

I liked how easy the software was to use, learn, and teach. It had a great user interface and is very organized, with options to easily create reports. This makes data sharing an easy process.

Cons

There was not a lot to dislike about the Auctria software. It was well described and demonstrated on the website, easy to understand, easy to purchase and implement. I really cannot think of anything I dislike.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Auctria fit within our organizations budget for the event. It was described and demonstrated very well on the website, and we were able to get a lot of information about the product without having to schedule a consultation. I appreciated this greatly, as the process saved me a lot of time compared to what I had to go through with other companies that withheld the cost of their service and what their service provided. Auctria takes a modern approach to auction management and I appreciate the DIY support that greatly improved our event.

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2019

Thanks Zackary for taking the time to leave really genuine and detailed comments. You said it all so nicely! Hope you crush all your future fundraising goals.

Kate from Spark Central

Industry: Fund-Raising

For the price, it can't be beat

We used a different software for our first paddle raise fundraiser and it was sort of a disaster. It didn't have the functionalities that Auctria does, like sending out automatic receipts and customizable website. This year we're working on adding the mobile auction feature to increase our money raised.

Pros

Honestly, the price. It is SO much less expensive and has most of the same bells and whistles as more expensive software. It accomplished everything we needed.

Cons

The aesthetics of the site design could use some work. It would be amazing if it integrated smoothly with a more established web-building platform like Squarespace or Wix, but I realize that would likely affect the price.

Price

Response from Auctria

Replied September 2019

Thanks Kate for taking the time to leave a review. I'm already looking forward to your continued success with your next auction utilizing the mobile app. FYI, in the Welcome Back to Fall 2019 webinar we talk about some best practices with the mobile app. The webinar ran in August (and can be viewed for playback; and we are conducting another live webinar, same content 9/25. Webinars are open to everyone and always free. Are you referring to the dedicated auction website? If so, I have good news- this is being upgraded right now and in final testing. Please reach out if we can provide any additional help, hello@auctria.com

Cecil from Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services

Auctria is Outstanding

Auctria is very open to suggestions for improvement. Most importantly they ALWAYS answer questions about issues or problems in a VERY prompt manner using their online chat tool.

Pros

This is a great package for running silent, online auctions as well as managing event registration and ticket sales. We were looking for a reasonably priced solution to run our annual UN-Gala fundraising event. We looked at a lot of different packages. Auctria was clearly the best for the money. We use it to sell tickets and register guests/bidders. To run the online/silent auction, the live auction and the fund-a-need auction at the event. And to checkout winning bidders at the end of the night.

Cons

Actually, I don't dislike anything about the software. I wish someone / somewhere would come up with a good way of entering fund-a-need auction bids in real time so that the bids don't get lost in the transcription.

Reasons for Choosing Auctria

Functionality for the price. And if I had known how great their support was going to be in advance, I would have added that to the selection reason.

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2019

Thanks Cecil for the detailed review. Really enjoy reading how you used so many features to run the entire auction event for Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services UN-Gala. As you described the continuity throughout the entire event remains all on one platform for streamlined efficiency. As of now, as you stated the fund a need does require a spotter and entering the information to the system. Note: the development team has fund-a-need optimizer on the list, I'll add your +1. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter as we post all enhancements as they roll out. Thanks also for the shout out to the support team, I will share your feedback. Hope all your bids soar!

Karen from Amigas Para Ninos

Auctria is Amazing!

Check out for our gala was always the most stressful part of the event. Auctria makes us look like pros. No more waiting in lines divided by the alphabet; any volunteer station can help any guest. There are no more piles of paper to sort and add the bids by hand. We honestly have very short lines at checkout which makes our last impression of the evening a good impression. In additions, we now have a great database of information about all aspects of our gala.

Pros

Auctria is so easy to use which is very important. My favorite feature is the amazing customer service. We've used Auctria for 4 years and Auctria makes improvements every year. They don't just make changes, they make IMPROVEMENTS. They incorporate the changes in a suttle way so we aren't completely re-training our volunteers every year, we just have to point out the new features.

Cons

The first year most of the credit cards were rejected because of the processor. The next year Auctria incorporated Authorize.net which enabled a variety of processors to work with Auctria. We used the processor we normally use for processing cards online and everything went smoothly.

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2018

THANK YOU for this feedback "Auctria makes us look like pros." and "Auctria is Amazing" Thanks for the 4-year review! We are humbled by your kind words yet pleased to read you enjoy all the new features and updates. Fun Fact: we started Auctria because we volunteered to run an auction fundraiser many years ago and they were using pencil & paper & nothing else! There had to be a better way! Happy to read you too have eliminated the check-out lines and put smiles on your bidders faces at the end of the night! Truly we appreciate all feedback and use it daily to make each event even better than the previous one.

Frances from La Conner Library Foundation

Brilliant database, outstanding support.

The thought of keeping track of all the bidders and auction items with multiple spreadsheets, or even setting up our own database was daunting. Auctria solved it for us. The developers' knowledge of how auctions work was especially helpful. Auctria anticipated many of our needs before we even realized we would need them.

Pros

It is a well-designed, very extensive database. Covers all the bases. The support team is outstanding, always available to answer questions and make recommendations. I've never had to wait more that a few minutes to hear back.

Cons

I have the most trouble working with the Auctria-generated auction web site features. A big learning curve for me there. Also editing system email docs (under the new beta feature). I'm not all that strong with html and some of the finished results are not as expected. But it's beta, so I look forward to improvements. The support team has been more than patient helping me through my issues with the web site.

Response from Auctria

Replied July 2019

Brilliant & outstanding are adjectives we love to read on our reviews. Especially since this means Auctria helped raise money for a great cause! Yes, the email beta is being updated to drag and drop (in fact it may be different than you used if it was a few weeks ago). Tip: try out any new features on the Auctria demo to keep your data clean. Glad to read our support team was helpful, reach out any time through the in-app messaging or email hello@auctria.com Hope you crush your fundraising goals.

Barry from Miamisburg Rotary Club

Miamisburg Rotary Club - Auction

We've been using Auctria twice a year for 4 or 5 years for our Rotary Club Charity Auction and for our local Merchants Association Charity Auction. Of the different options, Auctria provides the best functionality and services for the price.

Pros

Auctria is an immense help for our organization with tracking bidders, item, accounts and reporting all associated data with our charitable auction. We save a LOT of time and effort over using our own spreadsheets.

Cons

There are minor adjustments to functionality that may help with some of our internal uses. The Auctria staff has looked into some of our ideas, (some dealing with pre-loading bidder numbers) but while it couldn't be done exactly as we had imagined, they were able to help us with a work around to meet our needs. Another occasional glitch is when a silent auction item fails to get the minimum bid, but was allowed to be purchased for below the minimum bid amount, we aren't always able to override the minimum, but have to go in and manually lower the minimum to be able to process the sale. Not a biggie, just a time consuming action (that I believe we've figured another work around for that). Overall, there aren't any significant "cons".

Response from Auctria

Replied March 2019

Two times a year for 4 years and still 10/10 likelihood to recommend! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We know time is money- especially when fundraising, so happy to read that Auctria was and is a time saver. We have all been there trying to do an auction with spreadsheets... that's why we built Auctria from the ground up in 2011 and continue to add features to make auction fundraising easy.

Renee from Bear on the Square Mountain Festival, Inc.

Auctions Made Easy

I just finished my 6th auction using Auctria, and will happily be renewing my account for next year's auction. Every year they have added new features or tweaked current features so that the software is more robust and easy to use. Tech support is responsive and clear in their answers, and the help documents are easily accessible and clearly written. It has made the entire process of putting on our auction much simpler and fun!

Pros

We needed an easier way to check our bidders in and out than on paper with a calculator. We got much more with this software. It scales to handle any size auction and offers features to not only check your bidders in and out, but build a website, print the catalogs, print the bid sheets, and anything else you'd like to be able to do for your auction. And it's easy to use once you are familiar with the user interface.

Cons

It took some time getting familiar with how things work in the software to become comfortable with it.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2019

6 years with Auctria-- thanks Renee!! love the name of your event! Love even more your detailed review. Happy to read that you use all our favorite features: bidder management, dedicated website, catalogs, bid sheets. Yes, as you noted Auctria is always adding new features. The newest is the mobile application- this night be worth checking out for such an fun, activity filled, large event such as yours. When using bidders get immediate outbid notifications and can rebid directly from their mobile devices. Learn more here: from the main Auctria website, navigate to the top drop-down-->Learning Resources--> Fundraiser Article. Or reach out hello@auctria.com for more help. Hope all your future bids soar!

Sarah from HOPE Foundation

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy to use and full of options

Our non-profit organization has used Auctria for 5 years and each year we learn more and more about what it offers. The manual is easy to follow and, as the Treasurer, the variety of financial reports are wonderful.

Pros

There are so many options to make our fundraising event successful including helping us build a website and making online catalogs for our auctions. I also like that there are several ways to get to the same destination. You dont have to click on one option, there are many hyperlinks that can get you where you need to be.

Cons

We have used this software for several years but this year was the first time we attempted to register credit cards at check-in. That part went very well, but when we added winning bids and other activity to the bidder profile we did not realize it would charge their card at that moment, if we didnt enter the bid in a certain way. We also had one user who, when processing card payments, would charge the donor the processing fee, so we had to go back and refund each of them, which was time consuming. This was a learning curve for us and something we should have read in the Manual before we attempted it. We easily resolved it and now we know exactly what to do for next year.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2019

5 years with Auctria!! Thanks for allowing us to serve your auction fundraising needs. Happy to read you use more and more features each year- we recently released the mobile bidding app for Apple & Android devices. Reach out if you want more information- email: hello@auctria.com. Sarah, we hope your future bids soar!

Melanie from Maximum Net Events

Fantastic User Friendly Program

Auctria is a terrific product, and I recommend it to all of my clients and colleagues. It is a great value for the money, easy to use, and has incredible functionality.

Pros

Auctria is very intuitive, and so much easier to use than other nonprofit event softwares on the market. The database function is straight-forward and doesn't have too many layers to it, so data entry is really fast. The website, ticket sales component, donor/guest information, and night of event entry all sync together really well. It takes less than 5 minutes to train volunteers on guest registration, and the materials are quality. Any time that I have had an issue, which hasn't been often, Auctria will get back to me quickly with a solution.

Cons

The only thing I would change would be to make the display sheets a little more dynamic, so they could be individually altered. Perhaps if there were an option to download them as a Word file, it would make it easier to adjust text sizing, photo sizing, etc. Also, it would be great if Auctria had a mobile bidding component.

Response from Auctria

Replied February 2019

Hi Melanie GOOD NEWS- Auctria has just released mobile bidding applications for both Android and Apple devices. Apps are available for download in the Google Play Store and iTunes right now. Hope that makes Auctria even more fantastic for you. We strive to make Auctria easy to use and streamline the entire auction process so we are very happy to read that our goals are your reality. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Gina from Faubion Elementary School PTA

Faubion School PTA has had an exceptional experience with Auctria software!

Our school auction takes place every spring, does profit every year and sustains our PTA budget through the following year. We make enough to need a software system but we don't make enough to spend bookoo bucks on it. Auctria does everything we need including -*organizing and selling items *offering receipts to donors and buyers *offering customizable website that is easy to create and share *allowing for many check out options including online, in person and push text notifications *option to pass credit card fees on to buyer so that our school can keep more money for our kids. Auctria is the only software that we will use going forward and I highly recommend!!!

Pros

Easy to use and train others to use, many customizable options for sellable items, website is awesome and tutorials on creating website are very helpful, cost is the lowest in the industry which is much needed for our non-profit school event. We used Auctria at our annual school auction this year and it did everything we needed and more for a fraction of the software that we have used in the past. Hint -- there is also a way to pass on credit card sales fees to credit card users which saved us those fees. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Cons

Our auction chair had a few questions and couldn't find a number to call. She emailed and got a response back in 24 hours, which is their promise. For what it's worth, our software company before this one had the same policy and cost 10 times more so I don't feel like this is a deal breaker for us.

Response from Auctria

Replied March 2018

Gina, thanks for providing such a detailed review. I'm certain there are lots of others out there that can benefit from your expert analysis and HINTS! Also, thanks for fundraising for education!

Carole from Catalina Island Women's Forum

Annual Wine Festival

Pros

Very easy for buyers to purchase tickets online as well as onsite sales. I liked that all purchaser information was captured and accessible when checking out winners of silent auction.

Cons

We had difficulty adding credit cards after onsite cash sale, but finally figured it out.

Response from Auctria

Replied September 2019

Wow! "We have been putting on annual event for 25 years. Auctria has made ticket sales and close out so much easier, faster and more accurate" Thanks for trusting Auctria for the last few! fyi- we do webinars regularly and recordings are on our website for playback. Two of to the most highly attended topics are: 1) Getting Started with Auctria (here we talk about cc connectivity) 2) Checkout & Closeout. Looks like you got all sorted but if you want to review for some best practices, this is just another resource. If you need any other help please reach out- hello@auctria.com

Gail from Assistance League of Denver

Fund Raising Software

We have saved money not hiring someone to help fun our fundraisers and we are doing a better job the company we hired. It is very time consuming for the person in charge of the software.. It would be hard to replace me in doing this job after I have done it for 2 years. Huge learning curve.

Pros

It links everything for running a fundraiser into one area. Ticket sales, live and silent auctions and donations. We can now do our own check in and check out at the event where we had been paying a company to do it and they were doing a very poor job. People attending our fundriaser have commented on the smooth check in and out process now that we are doing it ourselves with this software.

Cons

It take a lot of time to learn to do the different things in the software. I spend hours each year learning how to use it and setting it up and training others. Could have a more user interface.

Response from Auctria

Replied April 2019

Thanks Gail for taking the time to leave a review. We are always striving to improve Auctria and that means adding new features- we know this can make it seem more complicated however we hope it also makes Auctria more full featured. Quick tip- there are several levels of user access so you can safely share the auction workload. Glad to read that Auctria was able to streamline your auction process and help raise more money for your cause. Starting this month Auctria is conducting live webinars on using Auctria. These will be preserved for playback. Feel free to share with any new team members. For more information reach out hello@auctria.com.

Carlos from PTA of PS 166Q

Great software for auctions and very affordable!!!

Very very positive.

Pros

Very easy to navigate, extremely affordable!

Cons

The software isnt incredibly intuitive. You have to ask a lot of questions or read manual to understand advanced functions.

Response from Auctria

Replied June 2019

We at Auctria thank your for the review title "Great software for auction and very affordable" The three exclamation points are icing on the cake. Our mission is to create a software solution to keep track of all the auction details, and help ensure an efficient and smooth fundraising event. Cost is always a factor, so we proudly offer Auctria so it's affordable to ALL groups.

Diane from Soroptimist Intl of Seattle South

Best auction software available

This software has given us the ability to take our live fundraising events to a new level. We are able to automate most of our auction functions and with the guest statements that it creates, we look very professional to our guests who receive their event statements at the end of the event detailing all their purchases and donations. Its made check-in and check-out much more streamlined and smoother. At the end of the event, we are able to instantly analyze where we made our money . Guests are able to self-register online at a dedicated event website saving a lot of data entry time . The only cost is the low annual subscription, no additional fees. They are always improving the software and have a great online user guide. I highly recommend this software!

Pros

A tremendous value, with lots of customization available to meet most any organizations needs. 1) ability to sell tickets online thru a custom website for each event, 2) host an online auction or live event 3) supports multiple users simultaneously 4) low annual cost and ability to run multiple events a year 5) supports credit card processing thru Stripe which enables you to store credit card information at registration and charge at the end of the event and send emailed statements to your guests 6) great financial reports to know where you made money 7) a new app that allows your guests to bid on auction items thru their phone

Cons

Nothing! It is very easy to use, even for new users.

Jean from Willard Middle School PTA

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Ran a multi-prong auction and gala with ease

Our goal as a team was to reduce the amount of time we spent running our event this year, and because so much data already existed in the Auctria database we were able to do that.

Pros

We ran a multi-prong auction and gala using Auctria. We used it to handle every method by which we took in money with ease. It was easy to walk into as a new school volunteer once I saw all the data history from the past 4 years that existed. We copied auction items, donors, ticket classes over from prior years. All the categorization of different types of revenue that existed made it really easy to pull off all the different things we wanted to do.

Cons

Since we closed different parts of the fundraising effort at different times, it would have been nice to be able to shut down different pages of the fundraising website. For instance, we are still selling tickets to parent led signup parties, but the online auction itself is closed and the gala is over. Those pages have to stay up to be able to sell signup party tickets.

Response from Auctria

Replied June 2019

LOVE reading that you took over from a previous auction team member with ease! Year over year auctions benefit tremendously with streamlined input efforts to copy previous data. Hope all your future bids soar! There are lots of options on item types that may help streamline the post-auction sales you are managing. Reach out hello@auctria.com if you want help.

Auction Site for our Annual School Fundraiser

Pros

We used Auctria to host our school's online auction of items, experiences, and count-me-in parties. The platform is easy to navigate. Entering and managing content and bidders is simple. The check-out process is seamless and we didn't experience any issues during the past two years we have worked on the platform. We have given volunteers access to upload and enter items on the site which they did easily and with minimal training. If we had questions or issues, the customer service team was prompt in their reply and helpful in providing information or helping to solve the problem. Registering bidders was a simple process and we didn't receive any negative feedback or have any issued with our bidders accessing the site and bidding on items. We had great success the past two years with the online auction for our event and attribute it to the ease of using the platform and the wonderful customer service team. The fee structure and annual subscription fee are reasonable which ensures we maximize our fundraising for the school. We will use them again!

Cons

I have only used Auctria as online auction platform and don't have experience with other platforms but when researching found Auctria highly recommended by colleagues in the field.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the 5-stars across the board. Your detailed review is very helpful in helping us know that we are helping you make a difference in fundraising. Hope all your future bids soar!

Annette from West Side Christian School

Perfect for Private School Auciton

I have already recommended Auctria to another local school. I hope to learn more about the program so that I can take advantage of more of it's features in the future. This was my first auction using Auctria and it was a huge success. I can't say enough about the customer service. So helpful and such quick response!

Pros

I love that all donations and sponsors you enter immediately get posted to the Website. Saves so much time.

Cons

I thought the Website was difficult to set up. I am a volunteer with limited experience "starting" a website and I felt like you really needed to know what you were doing to get it up and running. I had to have someone with more experience at the school help out.

Response from Auctria

Replied March 2019

Reading that you recommended Auctria to another school is the nicest compliment! If you haven't already visited the main Auctria website there are lots of how-to articles. Find these Auctria.com-->Learning Resources-->Fundraiser Articles. Elevate your auction fundraising knowledge quickly. Articles range from how to find donations, timelines & checklists, sample procurement letter. There is an article that you may want to review if your auction just concluded: 9 Post Auction Duties. Follow us on Facebook & Twitter we post lots of tips and links to our webinars. The webinars are always educational and you can hear what others are doing to make their fundraisers great. Love to see you there!

June 2016

Shannon from Variety

June 2016

Auctria really does do it all!

Volunteer Event Chair for the Market & Auction event for Variety in BC, Canada. We raise funds for special needs kids in BC, ranging from therapy to medication to wheelchairs and converted vans. We step in where Health Care ends to help families cope with the financial burdens of needed support for the child. When I took over as Chair of this event 4 years ago the auction item bid sheets were...and I kid you not....handled in a single Word document. 200 pages long. 1 item per page. And that was just for starters! Each item was in a separate Word doc, from display sheets to receipts to certificates. I had made a switch to a set of Excel documents with formulas and master sheets which was substantially better, but still time consuming. Much more accurate, but time consuming. Then by some miracle I found CAO while looking for something else. The more I explored what it could do the more excited I got, and by the time I met with my partner to tell her about it I was almost bouncing off the walls in joy! The following meeting with my committee I went over the basics of the program, and every time someone brought up a concern or question I was able to answer it with "Oh don't worry, CAO does that.....right here...let me show you..."

Pros

Add to that the fact that your support team responds quickly and with wonderful detail, and that you have priced it so charities can actually afford it? You better believe I will continue telling EVERYONE about how amazing your service is! Hundreds of hours have likely been saved over the past 2 years of using it, and peace of mind for the processing team is priceless.

Cons

Now my biggest problem is remembering you are now Auctria instead of CAO

Response from Auctria

Replied June 2016

Just keep saying Auctria, Auctria, Auctria! New name-- same great products and support! Thanks for the kind words.

Michael from Trout Unlimited

Industry: Fishery

Excellent software to manage big events

While this was my first direct experience with Auctria, our organization has used it many times before. It has always suited our needs and made any of our processes go smoothly. As mentioned in my pro's, what makes Auctria so great is its functionality and the ability for anyone to get the hang of it very quickly. Does not bog you down with anything superfluous. I look forward to exploring more uses and functions that Auctria offers in future events.

Pros

1. Easy to learn. This was my first time using Auctria, and the learning curve was not steep and all. Very intuitive and easy to pick up for first time users. 2. Great customer support team. The few times we did need to reach out, the support staff was accessible and able to quickly get us back on track. 3. Great organization. Easy to organize and keep track of a variety of auctions/event options.

Cons

None really that we came across! There was some confusion over the use of the app, which could partly be contributed to user error. In any case, for our event the use of the app was more of an extra anyway and not needed to achieve our goals.

Response from Auctria

Replied June 2019

Thanks Michael for taking the time to 1. volunteer to help with your auction fundraiser, 2. take the time to leave the detailed review 3. review title "Excellent software to manage big events". Hope you get a chance to use all the features to crush the future fundraising goals!

Kay from Chapin Woman's Club

Auctria is WONDERFUL!!!!

The use of Auctria has increased our control over every aspect of our event. Online ticket sales were easy and we knew exactly where we stood at any time - an important aspect since our venue had limited seating. The entire experience was amazing. I highly recommend the use of this software.

Pros

Easy to use. The user guides are easy to follow and the support from their staff is amazing if you should get stuck. The ability to use text bidding increased what we made from our auction. And check out was the easiest ever with the use of registered credit cards.

Cons

on the auction website, I would like the ability to list sponsors under each category rather than having to display each sponsor independently with their category as a header.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2019

Kay, thanks for kind words and the exclamation points to reiterate your "Auctria is WONDERFUL" statement. Thanks for sharing the details regarding the ease of use for checkout. Streamlining the auction from first donation to last receipt and all the biding in between is not just a tagline, its our mission. Sounds like you used lots of features including text bidding, pre-registration & online ticket sales. We recently released the Auctria app for Apple & Andorid; perhaps that may interest you for the next auction fundraiser. Thanks for all you do in the community and hope all your fundraising goals are exceeded!

Matt from Trout Unlimited - Sebago Chapter

Excellent Value. Quality application.

This program has everything needed to manage a charity fundraiser auction. The documentation is excellent. I was able to set it up four years ago with some learning curve, but almost all of my initial setup work, including donors, auction items, settings, etc, carries over year to year. Second year and forward I was able to hit the ground running. Recently they started some additional webinars with very good (non-technical) advice about how to raise more money with your auction. I highly recommend that non-profits consider this option for managing their auction.

Pros

Much less expensive than the competition. Has all the features I need. Excellent documentation. Extremely responsive and personalized support.

Cons

For my level of computer literacy (which is pretty strong) it is perfect, but for someone who needs a very intuitive interface it may be tough to use.

Response from Auctria

Replied April 2019

Matt- thanks for your detailed comments. When there are such nice comments from admins that have used Auctria for FOUR events that gives us confidence we are doing something right. Grateful that Auctria has helped raise funds for all your auction events. Happy to read you enjoyed the webinars. FYI they are always available on playback and we are adding some Auctria-centric topics starting this week. Please, follow Auctria on Facebook & Twitter to stay current; or if you want us to share your fundraiser tag us!

Barry from Miamisburg Rotary Club

We do two auctions for two organizations each year. Auctria is easy and saves us lots of time!

Shortened the amount of time needed to prepare, run and get full reports on the auction.

Pros

Quick and easy item and bidder entry. Also inputting the winning bids on items and cashing out the bidders at the end of the evening goes so smoothly for everyone. Being able to print the bid sheets for all the silent auction items saves us a lot of time from having to create our own bid sheets (we did that for many years before Auctria). Since we only use it twice a year, it takes a bit of time to refresh our memories as to how to do everything, but not as much time as doing everything manually. The many reports available are easy to use and provide clear information.

Cons

Would be nice to be able to "hide" sections that we don't use when entering information on items and bidders. We've sent a request in to see if there's a way to enter tickets (as tickets vs as items) with numbers and assign them to specific bidders.

Response from Auctria

Replied March 2018

So happy to see Auctria repeat use for multiple auctions, for multiple years. The "quick and easy item and bidder entry" combined with "cashing out bidders...smoothly" is what we strive for at Auctria in streamlining the entire auction fundraiser. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Sharon from Olympia Unitarian Universalist Congregation

Best Auction Software Out There

I have been doing the data management for my church's auction for many years. Auctria makes it easy to minimize the typing I have to do by helping donors and bidders enter their own items, buy their own tickets, and manage their own accounts. It allows us to create a beautiful event website. It also lets me share tasks with other volunteers because everything's web-based and the software tracks every change and who made it. It automates every step of the process and has so much customization built in I can do things exactly how I want to. Volunteers on auction night are up and running on it in minutes because it is so intuitive. On the rare occasions when I've had a problem, the actual people who answer the support e-mail have given me extremely helpful, timely support.

Pros

This software has saved me so much time and has really streamlined our auction process. Everything about it is just intuitive. It just works! Every time there was something I thought it didn't do, I'd look it up in the support documentation or e-mail tech support and find that it did do it, I just hadn't found the right setting.

Cons

There's really nothing I don't like about it.

Response from Auctria

Replied April 2019

Sharon, a big thanks for sharing all the details regarding your experience with Auctria over the past few years. Repeat usage is the best compliment!

Year 4 with Auctria

This was year four of using Auctria for our annual school band charity auction. I helped choose it fours years ago and we've been using it ever since. We use it for selling tickets online and running our silent and live auction on event day. We have not fully utilized the mobile and online bidding capability, but perhaps we will in future. The software helps preparation, day-of-event, and after event work much easier for our team of volunteers. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Auctria is easy to use, so event day volunteers can be trained quickly. I also really like the useful reports.

Cons

When copying an old auction to use as the base for a new auction, I can't easily remember the several spots where dates need to be changed (date for when online ticket sales begin and end, date of actual auction event, any website related dates, etc...). Perhaps something could be added in the User Guide about this, so it would be easier to relearn what to do each time.

Response from Auctria

Replied April 2019

The mobile app is a great features to add to your next event, outbid notifications are instantaneous and helps bids rise higher- faster. Reach out hello@auctria.com if you want more details. Thanks for specifics on the copying old to new- will definitely share this with our development team. The user guide is always expanding.

Karen from Association for Individual Development

Easy to use software for fundraising events at a reasonable price point

I think the software worked very well for us. It was our first time with using the online bidding so a few glitches is expected. My only true concern was the "system too busy", the person was very frustrated by it. Only one person complained about the issue so I am not sure if it was a user or software problem.

Pros

Cons

We had some problems using the app during the event. One person was getting errors that the system was too busy. I had trouble modifying the invite letter when I needed attendees to sign up. And late sign ups ended up with two accounts which was confusing,we did not have the manpower to register people the night of the event

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the specific feedback on on ease of set-up. Glad to read you used the online bidding too. We find that online auctions are a great fit for some groups and venues soaring bids higher, faster. Yikes- too busy- so sorry! In looking back through our server logs we don't see any down time, perhaps this was an isolated incident locally? Happy to trouble shoot with you further to get more information to see if we can help in any way. Hope you reach all your fundraising goals.

Sue from Special K Ranch, Inc.

We Love Auctria!

Prior to using Auctria, we had a very cumbersome process for checking out our bidders, including long, slow-moving lines. Our ticketing process was also very labor intensive. Now we don't have tickets and the guests at our event find their bidder number on their table.

Pros

We have an annual fundraiser that is staffed by volunteers. Auctria is extremely easy to use and to orient new users to. I love that it is web based and that bids recorded in the event room are available at check-out within minutes. I love that we can upload our auction items from Excel and can do a mail merge for printing bidder numbers.

Cons

Entering table sponsors is a little clunky. We came up with a work around that worked quite well for us this year.

Response from Auctria

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the love Sue! We love reading about all the great causes that Auctria has been used for fundraising. We hear so many times that prior to using Auctria groups were struggling with final bids, checkout, tickets. So glad to read that Auctria removed that stress to make for happy event. fyi- we do webinars to help groups maximize auction fundraising, perhaps you or the team want to join and get inspired to use even more features to help the bids soar higher. Thanks for using Auctria!

James from Blowing Rock Rotary

Auctria Works

Pros

The software is very flexible and adaptable to most situations. We have a quite varied donor type and item type and the software is quite useful for all.

Cons

I was unable to make a fancy looking gift certificate. I couldn't find out how to include the name of our auction in the gift certificate without "cramming" it into the item description for purposes of the certificate and then backing it out for printing the bid sheet. There is probably a better way but I could not find it. Also, when inputting the donor name about half the time it jumped to the top of the page, and I had to scroll back to the donor part, and after that could put in the solicited...irritating and time consuming.

Response from Auctria

Replied August 2019

Thanks for taking the time review Auctria and state 10/10 liklihood to recommend. Don't get frustrated James, Auctria help is ALWAYS nearby. Either through in-app messaging or email help@auctria.com. Our support team is not 24 hours however do reply very quickly. You will receive an in-app chat log and and reply via email. The chat log history remains on file as well so you can go back and reference as needed. We are here to help optimize the auction fundraiser to make your bids soar!

Great Value

This software was an incredible value for the money. We use it as a fundraising tool, so volunteers are the ones using it. That meant there wasn't a lot of training time and we had to rely on each other and the user guide. While there were some bumps, given our own limitations, it was a good buy and allowed us to maximize the fundraiser.

Pros

The reporting functions were invaluable in helping us to stay on track. The printing functions just by themselves saved us hours of volunteer time that otherwise would have had to have been done manually.

Cons

I had trouble customizing the public website portion of our event. To be fair, I did not have time to reach out to customer support, who may have been able to help me. Also, the breadcrumbs at the top of the page were not actually breadcrumbs, and were sometimes confusing. It would have been nice to have some additional filter functions, as much of the date carried over year to year and it wasn't always easy to locate what was relevant to this year's event. For example the dashboard gave us the total number of bidders in the system, which was three times the number of tickets sold for the event. Finally, the import/export functions were not as smooth as hoped.

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review. Love reading that hours were saved using Auctria for the bid sheets. We know how valuable a volunteer's time can be. Happy to help you with some of the bumps you experienced. Message us in-app or hello@auctria.com at any time.

Terry from UUSLO

Great Auction Software

Pros

The best thing is that it really works. Setup was pretty easy. Auction night performance was flawless. As I become more familiar with the reports, I'm finding them very helpful. Non-techies were able to teach themselves to enter the donor and item information. They could probably have entered the bidder information if I had let them. We used external, non-integrated payments software and things still worked smoothly.

Cons

There is a lot of flexibility in reporting, but we didn't find exactly the right mix in generating the catalog. We probably should have sought help. The Auctira support team was good when we called on them.

Response from Auctria

Replied October 2019

Thanks for using Auctria for UUSLO. Reading that your auction night was flawless is a very nice compliment to your auction team, glad to see Auctria was your support platform. When you state non-techies were able to teach themselves is also a compliment that is satisfying to read. You are so smart-- post auction wrap-up, and report review definitely leads to even more success for the following event. Please reach out if you still want help with reports. There are about 50 report templates, each can be filtered many ways & can be custom configured even further. Thanks for taking the time to leave a detailed review. Hope all your future bids soar!

Jessi from Abrazo Style

Excellent product!

Auctria is incredible software that is extremely easy to use! I was able to train our volunteers in less than 10 minutes. I love that you can preload all auction items before an event and add more during the event if needed. We will never host another fundraiser auction without using Auctria.

Pros

Cons

Users/volunteers need to be preregistered before showing up to the event to volunteer. No big deal, just a heads up for next year.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2019

This makes our hearts sing "This software completely changed our fundraisers! Our auctions (both silent and live) now run smoothly and efficiently! The best part is the easy checkout process that allows our donors to pay for their auction items (without waiting in long lines) before they leave the event." Jessi, thanks for closing remarks that you will never host another fundraiser auction without Auctria, Happy to help you reach your fundraising goals- hope all your future bids soar!

Claire from Magnolia School

Auctria: WELL-worth the $

I used Auctria at the school I worked at previously so was very familiar with it. When I moved to this new school, it took little convincing that we needed Auctria to streamline our 200 guest event and all the items and donors. This made it less stressful and very affordable! I trained our volunteers within an hour. Many guests were impressed with the quick check in and check out process we offered at the event, thanks to Auctria!

Pros

Auctria integrated every aspect of our event: registration, advertising, donor management, payments, printing bid sheets & certificates, organizing our items in the live & silent auction as well as running every report we needed to view our auction with the details we needed.

Cons

At first, I did not like the fact that the help desk is strictly online (they do not have a call desk); however, I quickly learned that the help desk is set up in a way that they responded to every single question I had within 24 hours AND they respond within 5-10 minutes the day before the event, during the event and the day after!

Response from Auctria

Replied November 2019

Claire, thanks for sharing your entire auction fundraising story and taking us along to your next school. Word of mouth is the sweetest and most sincere compliment! Thank you speaking so highly and using Auctria. Hope you crush your fundraising goals for Magnolia School!

JaneEllen from Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center

Awesome!

Pros

I retired from a career of managing a team of programmers who created software for a Fortune 500 company, plus a part of my job was choosing and implementing software from various vendors. The support we receive from Auctria exceeds any that I experienced in my 35 years in the business world. As a volunteer now for a non profit, I could not be happier with both the quality of the software and the exceptional customer service. Highly recommend!

Cons

I wish for more robust reporting. It would be nice to have the ability to create formulas in the reports. Also creating the format for communications, bid cards, displays, etc., is challenging for some of our users who do not have previous experience.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2018

Wow JaneEllen, thanks for the comment "The support we receive from Auctria exceeds any that I experienced in my 35 years in the business world". We strive really hard to excel in customer service. Yes- we are always adding on more standard reporting based on feedback like yours. Thanks for your commitment to fundraising. The Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center is lucky to have you!

Cheryl from QEH Foundation

Reports need improvement.

We've been using for 3 years now and it's been helpful.

Pros

Ease of payment and bid tracking. I like how you can export data into excel. Easy to change items and bidders.

Cons

The reporting wasn't helpful. There should be a total for the reports, and without the need to export it. A total for each type(live versus silent). It only lists the values, but not the bid or payment values on the dashboard. So it would be helpful if the reporting was more user friendly. Also, not sure if there is a bid notification feature, or if we can print a bid of so we can notify the users.

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. Adding totals to reports is a great feature idea and one we hope to implement in the future. The auction dashboard currently lists bid & payment values in the Income Summary table on the right, the Item Summary table shows only the item values. There is also an 'Income by item type' report available under Reports -> Financial. You can trigger bid notifications by email and optionally text message when recording bids by checking the 'send item won notification' on the page. Good luck with all your future fundraising endeavors.

Chris from Zion Lutheran School

Auctria Review

Auctria overall is great and fairly easy to use. A few glitches along the way, but for the cost, Auctria is the way to go!

Pros

Easy tracking and everything in one place. Allows multiple users to log in at the same time from anywhere with an internet connection. It also allows you to create your own custom website to publicize your event, post a catalog of auction items and allow users to register and purchase tickets online.

Cons

Some of the functionality when setting up our website was not working properly requiring me to use online chat to get questions answered, which was great...during business hours. As a volunteer with a full time job, most of my work on my auction was after hours and weekends.

Response from Auctria

Replied May 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Looks like you used the custom website to publicize the auction- we encourage all auction groups to do so! Helps tremendously in sharing the auction 24/7 and as you stated streamline the bidder registration & ticket purchases. Hope all your future fundraising goals are exceed and you next auction bids soar!

Martha from The Harbour School

The Very Best!

I have used Auctria for several years. We are a very small non-profit and I have multiple duties in addition to development. I used a larger, better known, on-line auction company which was expensive. I looked at several sites and was very pleased with the ease of use of Auctria( it was Charity Auction Organizer Then). I loved the assistance provided at the beginning and to this date, my questions are answered almost immediately. Setting up pages is easy, easier than the more popular site I had used. The linkage through stripe has been great and easy to manage. I tell anyone who asks how pleased I am with the site and I cannot imagine why anyone would spend more money for less service. I highly recommend the site!

Pros

Ease of use. The reporting features are great. Tech assistance is quick and friendly. Love the sample pages.

Cons

Sometimes I have difficulty linking pages in a way that works for me and some design elements are difficult for me to add. With that being said, please know I am not that tech davy.

Response from Auctria

Replied December 2016

When the Program Director states Auctria is "the very best," it makes us very proud! Thanks for spreading the word and doing good things for your non-profit.

Stephanie from YWCA

In House Auction

I like that this may be an option we look forward to in the future.

Pros

We have been looking for a platform to hold our internal auctions for fundraisers and have started this on a free trial just to learn the basics and see if it will be a good fit.

Cons

We've used a different company in the past for auctions and just the difference in the two has taken some getting used to.

Response from Auctria

Replied August 2019

Hi Stephanie. Thanks for taking a test-drive with Auctria. We agree any new platform does has a learning curve! To help make the transition smoother we offer lots of resources. * Webinars on all topics ranging from finding donations for auction, to getting started and close out with Auctria. * Auction Fundraising Articles- on our main website. There are about 30+ articles with exclusive content on best practices for running the auction fundraiser. * Spotlight articles- a few times a year we spotlight an auction team to share their auction story. These are great to read through for inspiration and fresh ideas. Hope to 'see' you around Auctria for a long time, and hope you crush your fundraising goals with soaring bids.