Bloomerang Reviews

Our advisors have recommended this product 7 times in the last 30 days

Browse Bloomerang Reviews

Karen from STAIR of Birmingham

I love Bloomerang

Most fundraising vendors I've worked with feel very "salesy". Not Bloomerang. The company is made up of genuinely good people who honestly care about improving nonprofits' relationships with donors and helping them reach fundraising goals. I've been a customer for over 10 years and their culture continues to be this way. I also love how much time I save - other CRMs require a lot of time to clean up and input data; with Bloomerang I am able to spend more time actually raising money.

Pros

The reporting meets all our needs, data is easy to import and read, customer service and tutorial videos and articles are on point, and the company offers continuing education courses on fundraising strategies.

Cons

I've converted to Bloomerang from other CRMs at three different organizations now. Whatever cons they are, they are very minimal, and Bloomerang is constantly improving its system. Any major cons I could think of in the past have been resolved through upgrades they've done over the years. If I ever do have an issue, they are extremely open to feedback and will add my concerns to their list of features to improve.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

It's easy-to-use and read interface and its focus on donor stewardship and retention strategies.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

First switch was 11 years ago. I have been at two other organizations since then and both have converted to Bloomerang.

Maranne McDade from Women's Foundation of Genesee Valley

Industry: Philanthropy

Bloomerang 2 years later

We have been very satisfied.

Pros

The web-based interface is fantastic. The evolution of flexibility and email marketing agility is not growing as fast as our organization's ability to maximize it. But, at this price point, Bloomerang has proven to be a very useful mechanism for volunteer engagement, donor development and stewardship, and for developing reports to enable us to better steward our donors and increase the number of donors overall..

Cons

Bloomerang is a little clunky. As we have gotten better at using it, our end-user satisfaction has lowered. We know more and want to be able to do more. For example, navigating in and out of email templates and copying and searching for past templates used is slow and multi-step, requiring back to the beginning navigation. Online forms development and email creation are somewhat "clunky".

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

ease of web-based access and user interface were big reasons!

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Gift works was not web-based and limited our staff access to information.

Amanda from Community Action Agency of Hamilton County

Industry: Philanthropy

Bloomerang (proceed with caution)

I think there were a few things in the demo process they could have shared with us, especially about the form.

Pros

This review comes from someone very new to Bloomerang, but not new to the implementation process of databases. This product is very intuitive and easy to use on the back end. It has some great features and I'm excited to fully implement it for our organization. There team has been great to respond to requests and they offer some excellent webinars and education for fundraisers.

Cons

This was not said at all in our demo process, and I failed to ask, so I wanted to share the information with those going through the selection process. They only have one donation form and it is not very pleasing to the eye. If you want to make any changes to it (font, setup, changing it to monthly only form) you must have experience with HTML code. Something I do not have experience doing. The best practice for monthly giving is to have it's only form, and unfortunately this is something we won't be able to implement because of the HTML coding requirement. Also, their email service is great but not automated in any way. So if you're planning to have a new donor welcome series of emails you must do it manually they do not have any email automation. We're now looking into MailChimp to possibly use for email automation.

Response from Bloomerang

Replied April 2020

Hi Amanda, thanks for your feedback! We're always working on improving our online giving and email marketing features. We've recently released a MailChimp integration as well! https://bloomerang.co/blog/new-feature-bloomerang-mailchimp-integration/

Jacquie from Pathway Caring for Children

So glad we switched to Bloomerang!

We are a better Community Engagement team because of Bloomerang. We are growing our individual fundraising and using the tool to help us plan and track and raise more money. The auto surveys, email tracking, grant management, notes and reports are all huge improvements over other systems we have used. We frequently express our happiness with Bloomerang and gratitude for having found the system.

Pros

Our team is using Bloom (as we call it) to track our activity and our fundraising. We have set up Major Gift and Grant Management. We use the surveys. We track emails. We are frequent attendees at webinars. I call it another member of the team, a very valuable one at that. The support is excellent too. We have depended on it often in our first year. And , the Bloom team is open to user ideas on how the product might be better.

Cons

Any glitches along the way were solved thanks to the excellent support - by call or live chat.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

in 2019 we left eTapestry because it was clunky. We spent a lot of time trying to pull data; never intuitively. We found Giveffect and thought it was the answer to our multiple needs - website host, CRM, peer to peer - an all in one product. It was very expensive. We were not happy enough with it to continue to pay the price. Bloomerang meets our needs and is helping us improve at a very good price point.

Diane from Southside Family Nurturing Center

Bloomerang is easy to use and access stored information plus they have A+ customer support

Pros

Bloomerang is very easy to use compared to E-Tapestry which is what we had been using before. Running reports and lists is a breeze and I love that our e-communications and online/recurring giving is all integrated in Bloomerang which was not the case in E-Tapestry. We're very pleased with it. It has saved me lots of time because everything is really intuitive and simple. Plus, the chat support is awesome. If I run into problems I get quick help and usually it's easy to do whatever is I need to do!

Cons

The online giving forms aren't integrated into our website (people are directed to a Bloomerang hosted pate) which I think would be nice and enhance the donor experience. I've not done a good job or spent the necessary time to set up grant tracking as I would like to have it and I wish that felt as easy as running reports does.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

A colleague had experience with Bloomerang and it seemed like the right product for the organization. We considered Salesforce but Bloomerang seemed much more tailored to NP fundraising and much easier for us to set up and start using without a huge learning curve.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

eTapestry was not easy to use and lacked many of the features that Bloomerang has. Running reports was laborious and it's very easy to do in Bloomerang.

Jennifer from Standing Together Against Rape Inc - S T A R

Industry: Fund-Raising

Bloomerang makes my job easier and more fun!

As a one-person development department, I have to manage multiple tasks and Bloomerang has been the best way to streamline, track, report our inputs and, most importantly, make sure we are implementing adequate donor cultivation and stewardship.

Pros

I love the ease of use, the extensive training opportunities, reporting features, interaction tracking, email that connects to donor records, and the dashboard where I can look at our progress and tasks every day.

Cons

I wish the donation page was easier to customize. I'd like to add more imagery and thank you messaging. It would also be nice if there were more email templates.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Bloomerang was highly recommended by fundraising professionals I know and respect. The sales team was very patient with us as we made the very slow decision and then had to find funding to get started. Customer service and training has been outstanding since the beginning.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Greater Giving is primarily an event management software, and not very user-friendly. It's processes and systems were outdated, in my opinion. I needed to do more in terms of donor tracking and acknowledgement, planning, and marketing.

Response from Bloomerang

Replied July 2021

Wow Jennifer! What a well rounded review. Thank you so much for the kind words. We have the best customers!

Keith from Hawai'i Care Choices

Best product I've used out of the box!

I am absolutely thrilled with Bloomerang! Not only does everything work out of the box with this software, but the technical support is AMAZING!!! I've never worked with a better technical support team for any product. Ever. There are not many people familiar with fundraising in the rural area we operate out of, so I wanted to find a product that would guide you along the way in case I ever left and the next person coming in didn't know what to do. If you follow their prompts (and take their free classes) you will be successful. Our previous software didn't have any reporting capabailities (why were we even using it? IDK) so when we switched over I loved getting to generate my own reports. And because they focus on Donor Retention, we actually saw our retention rate increase from 33% to 42% in 9 months!

Pros

This platform is super easy to use, and will meet all of your basic needs right out of the box. So many other platforms require days of setup and customization, not Bloomerang. Everything works the way it is supposed to without needing to know how to do backend coding or extensive customizations. But perhaps the thing I like the best is that it prompts the Development Team on actions to take, who to reach out to, and areas to keep an eye on. It's like putting on the bumper guards at the bowling alley so you'll always be successful if you actually use the software.

Cons

My least favorite thing about the software is when you have to search out other products to do simple tasks. Really it only impacts one place - online forms, which includes online giving. The forms built into Bloomerang are fully functional but very basic. I'd like to have the option to be able to customize the forms without having to find another product to use.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Wanted the ability to generate our own reports. Wanted online giving functionality. Wanted dashboard functionality. Wanted software that would integrate with event management and auction platforms. Wanted ability to do email marketing. Wanted ability to track donor interactions.

Ruth Ann from Oasis Sanctuary Foundation Ltd

Valuable technology for Nonprofit Business

The planning to set up our donor base with Bloomerang took months. The migration of data to Bloom was difficult. However, we had the constant help of a Bloomerang specialist to help us with the program set up and launching. I give credit to our own administrators for setting things up meaningfully. To get quality results from Bloomerang, the users MUST set the program up correctly in the first place. After that, there will still be a learning curve. Now that we are 2 1/2 years into Bloom, we rely on it for all our donor activity. We also use the QBO syncronizing feature. It is great

Pros

Ease of data entry. Security. Multi-user capability. Ease of record keeping

Cons

The steep learning curve for beginners.

Cost and customer support

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

We need a comprehensive donor program for reporting to our donors, for recording our donations to share with the accounting side of our administration, and for fundraising. Bloomerang work superbly for us.

Kevin from Camp Young Judaea Midwest

Easy to use interface

One of the best things about Bloomerang is there customer support. It is very easy to call them and get a very knowledgeable person that works directly for the company. After talking to them, they email you with what was discussed to make it easier to go back and follow directions.

Pros

I like that Bloomerang is very easy to use and understand. In today's society, we have incredible technology and constant updates that fill up our news feeds and dashboards to the point where it gets confusing at times. Bloomerang does a good job making everything look super clean and easy to read. Not only that, it's easy to find something in the reports section because the reports are very straightforward to understand how they work.

Cons

Compared to other programs, they don't have a beautiful online form which is why we use another 3rd party that also works with Bloomerang. There are also more steps to take to send a thank you email. These aren't big things but sometimes I wish that updates would come out sooner.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

eTapestry was the worst product for running reports. They were not front facing and whenever I called them, I got a person who didn't know what I was asking. It was not a good company, especially if you want to be somewhere where their technology is modern.

Marjorie from VOYCE

Great Value... Always Evolving

Overall this is my favorite donor and volunteer management software for a small to midsize nonprofit. The pricing is scalable and it really does a great job of integrating everything you know about a donor into one place.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and understand Bloomerang out of the box. The customer service and training offered are first rate. Additionally, I love that wealth screening and NCOA scans are part of the package and not something I have to purchase and integrate separately.

Cons

There's very little I dislike. I want to be able to create custom titles and suffixes for people, but there's very little in Bloomerang that I can't do that I want to do.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

I had used this before and knew it had what I wanted, pricing was competitive and lead times to get it done were reasonable.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

I could not figure out how to do anything in our old database, reports were impossible, our data was a disaster. I had to spend a lot of money on consultants to fix our "free" Salesforce database. Compared to those costs, Bloomerang is cheap!

Response from Bloomerang

Replied June 2021

WOW Marjorie, thanks so much for your kind review. We were thrilled when the nightly NCOA was went live. Such an added benefit to our customers.

Mary from Guilford Community Care Network

Bloomerang - Big Bang for your Non-Profit CRM Buck!

Great company to do business with! Had a very positive experience starting with the sales team, on through implementation and going live. We budgeted for some customization related to our website donation page and e-newsletters--well worth the money. Fantastic customer support since going live! Triggers for 1st time donor calls are a big plus for getting the engagement and donor retention ball rolling. Looking forward to using DonorSearch more--pricing on that is a real bargain!

Pros

Bloomerang's functionality, ease of use and flexibility were deemed very important for a small non-profit with zero database experience. Having all grant and donor data in one location has made the organization much more efficient with regard to mailings and e-communications! Love the flexibility of being able to edit individual acknowledgment letters. Bloomerang’s focus on donor retention practices and engagement stand to strengthen donor relationships and increase revenue. Finally, significant value and opportunity are represented in the DonorSearch add-on to conduct prospect research and enhance major gift pursuit.

Cons

Be sure to factor in adequate implementation costs, especially if your organization is new to data conversion. While Bloomerang offers great small shop pricing for organizations with few donors and small budgets, in terms of implementation I would recommend, and budget for, either their customized conversion or a basic conversion with the help of a consultant. This is too important an investment for folks who are already short on time, and in this case, the needed expertise. So not really a con, more like a reality check if you are new to database software. Multiple tributes within a single gift seem problematic and could use improvement.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Bloomerang's functionality, ease of use and flexibility were deemed very important for a non-profit with zero database experience. Competitive pricing incentives and superior customer support ratings were also critical to a final decision. Significant value and opportunity are represented in the DonorSearch add-on to conduct prospect research and enhance major gift pursuit. Finally, additional value flows from the free Fundraising Standard scholarship.

Liz from Resource Central

An Important Investment

I love Bloomerang. I've used it as a one person Development Team for a couple years and for the first time in our organization's 45 year history we are able to track gifts without a messy spreadsheet. We now have added a team member who is finding it easy to dive in with all the great on-demand trainings they offer. I look forward to using more of Bloomerang's tools now that we have a little more capacity.

Pros

Bloomerang makes it super easy to track donor info and run reports to manage your fundraising data. The team is great--warm, wonderful people who understand nonprofit fundraising needs. Their frequent webinars are excellent to keep you up on new trends, ideas, and sharing best practices and their on-demand classes on how to use the database are extremely helpful.

Cons

Importing interactions from our custom program software can get tricky and often results in duplicate accounts that we later have to try to clean up. And I wish there could be prompt for monthly recurring gifts that made it easier to enter them, rather than having to look them up and add each payment--there's got to be an easier way for this once a recurring gift is set up.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Bloomerang was the easiest to use with the most important functions I needed for our nonprofit.

Response from Bloomerang

Replied August 2021

I love this Liz! Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback.

Lee Ann from Scottsdale Leadership Inc.

Bloomerang in a heart beat!

We are having no problems with Bloomerange and simply continue to learn. Coming from Blackbaud eTapestry is a dream! I recommend Bloomerang to all local and national leadership groups.

Pros

Bloomerang has great customer service, easy tutorials, tons of webinars, and educational offerings that are very informative. It was an easy transition to Bloomerang and we continue to learn all the features to best serve our needs. We are enjoying the email feature (no more 3rd party services needed) and the ease of getting mass mailings out. Our tracking of donor history and reporting is constantly getting better. I like the customer service and user-friendly program the most.

Cons

We are still learning the many options before us. We started with a larger package and have not scaled that back. If we need to bring it back, we will. I'm learning new payment features which we may embark but the public feels very secure with PayPal.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Friendly sales, review of all features and alignment with other products, ease of transition, cost, customer service, training, and we could talk to real people - not just online chat bots and tutorials.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Etapestry was cumbersome, NO customer service, NO training, and difficult to master. The system was purchased give year prior to my coming onboard but it was like they purchased a Cadillac and used it as a tricycle. They could not get proper training without additional fees. My personal interaction in trying to get a Customer Service Rep to answer my questions and assist me was impossible. I had to go to a 3rd party for training, which I refused to pay additional fees for an inferior product. They also had no plans for improvement for eTapestery so it was a no brainer to switch over.

Response from Bloomerang

Replied May 2021

Thank you Lee Ann for the thorough feedback! Happy to hear you are utilizing all of our free content too.

Jared from The Other Ones Foundation

Get some traction

This has been an invaluable tool in our work to build relationships with our constituents.

Pros

The software helps me feel more in charge of fundraising. It's one place that keeps all my information in a reliable and accessible way. It really assists with the informal nature of relationship building by offering structures to articulate and evaluate.

Cons

Sometimes the processes can be a little too involved, especially the ones that I use less often. I find myself having to re-teach myself things because there are so many steps. But honestly, that's a minimal critique. I really do believe the software is as effective as the user.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

The salesperson was straight forward and had a great understanding of the software. They were exceptional at walking through product and quickly showing off just how effective it could be. the entire onboarding process was highly professional yet also personal. I felt like I was being helped at every step of the way and never felt like it was just about the "sale." There has been constant check-ins and questions about how things are going. At all times I have felt like if I ever ran into an issue, I could get assistance and get right back to work super fast. Not once have we questioned Bloomerang as our choice. Also, the pricing model was super easy to understand. A year later and the other shoe hasn't dropped. The pricing remains fair in relationship to our growth.

Jean from Wild Connections

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Wild Connections is very satisfied with our CRM

After a learnign period of several months, we've found that our small team has become very effective in sending regular mass emails and print mail lists for newsletters, events announcements, action alerts and funding appeals. One person does the majority of donations entry, acknowledgements, and general data base management. Another person does most of the mass emails. A third person does grant tracking. In the absence of a paid administrator, we are covering all the roles as well as providing several people trained in most aspects of the CRM.

Pros

Bloomerang CRM has immensely improved Wild Connections' relationships with our constituents and donors. We rely on individual contributions for a large portion of our income, and the ability to send our newsletters, action alerts and funding appeals is critical to our funding efforts. We also track participation in events and use that information to segment our mailing lists. The webinars and on line videos and instructions are invaluable.

Cons

The reporting features are excellent once the right filters are applied. Sometimes it has taken tech support to help us with that, but tech support is very responsive and helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Bloomerang is designed specifically for non-profits and is much easier to set up and use than SaleForce

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

We wanted all our constituent information and donations in one place, and we wanted a cloud based system so it could be accessed from any of our home offices.

Scott from The Promise FM

Industry: Broadcast Media

So much easier to use than our previous CRM

We have two people in our comapny that use Bloomerang on a daily basis, and we find that we both use it in entirely different capacities. Throughout the year we find ourselves using so many different aspects of it —entering gifts, tracking engagement, creating notes & interactions, running reports, and so on. That just goes to show how robust it is.

Pros

Bloomerang provides so much more versatility and functionality than our previous CRM tool. I love the ease of entering donations, an easy-to-read Timeline for each donor/organization, the ease of creating receipts/acknowledgements, and so many more things. I especially love the "Chat" function for customer support — quite often I'm able to open up that chat window and there's a representive there that helps me with whatever question I have that day (creating reports, looking for features, giving a "how-to", etc)

Cons

I would love to see the "Templates" area for reports fleshed out even more. I've found that some of the reports that my Executive Director have asked for would appear to be reports that many upper-level management would be looking for, but I've had to build them from scratch. But I also know that Bloomerang offers an area where we can make suggestions, so I utilize that when this occurs.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

I can't speak for my Executive Director, but I'm sure the price point was a reason. I also imagine that the functionality of Blackbaud became an issue as well (to me it was antiquated and cumbersome).

The Best Little Fundraising CRM Money Can Buy

Great control over how I set up and manage the database to meet most fundraising needs. Love the best in class reporting functionality; they are doing stuff no one else is doing in that realm.

Pros

Easy to implement. Great customer service. Robust reporting features. Great user interface. Best in class features. Just upgraded email marketing features!

Cons

Not a lot of options for online fundraising campaigns (vs a regular donation page), and online forms are limited.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Best features for the money. Great design and ease of use.

Who likes spreadsheets?

Response from Bloomerang

Replied August 2021

Thanks so much! Since Bloomerang's acquisition of Kindful, we have drastically upgraded our online giving tools, as well as added new functionality like peer-to-peer! You can check them out here: https://bloomerang.co/features/online-giving-tools/

Kelly from Women's Fund of Rhode Island

You Don't Have To Spend A Lot To Get A Lot

This has been a great tool for a small organization to utilize. Whenever we have questions or problems using the tool, the team at Bloomerang has been very accessible and helpful. I appreciate that we can "chat" or ask for a call back without having to rifle through the help library when we have a specialized question.

Pros

This is a very user friendly software package that allows you to manage donor relationships. I love that it's connected to communications software so you can send targeted emails/newsletters/etc and it tracks engagement. We also have access to DonorSearch, which usually costs boku bucks and out of the price range normally for a small nonprofit like ours. Now we can do donor research without it breaking our bank. I also like that you can set up tasks to help remind you about connecting with specific donors.

Cons

I don't like that when you set up a business and enter someone's name associated with the business, that you can't easily search for that person by name. It seems only the individual name search works this way. My work around is to search using email addresses, but sometimes I don't know that. It would also be lovely to tie business giving to each person's account who is connected to that business (if the gifts are corporate gifts). This way, I might be dealing with someone in accounting about a gift by a bank, but I have to go through multiple bank employee names of file before I find who authorized a specific gift.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Price point and features where what sold us on this product.

Functionality and features

Aaron from Villages In Partnership

King of Integrations (with great Support)

Switching to Bloomerang (and some third-party services that integrate well) has been a key to taking our organization to the next level.

Pros

Bloomerang does almost everything you need out-of-the-box, and even more with a little custom help from the team during setup. But what really makes it shine is the integrations. If a built-in feature isn't cutting it for you, then add your favorite service and just use Bloomerang to track. Even if an integration isn't native (automatic), you can add it via Zapier.

Cons

The interface is built to be user-friendly, and it is for the most part. But there's just no reason to cut off the side margins. At least for viewing reports with lots of columns, a wider view would greatly improve the experience and usability. I shouldn't have to export a list just to see more than 5 columns.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Better price, right features for us, and best integrations

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

eTap is a stagnant product with no significant upgrades in years unless you "upgrade" to Raisers Edge. It's just a gateway product for Blackbaud and as users, we always felt like Blackbaud didn't really care about us. Bloomerang on the other hand is leading the market in many ways gives us their best product with their best support. AND we're not paying any more than we were for eTap.

Gina from Mommies Matter

Could not be more pleased with Bloomerang CRM!

We had previously used a CRM that we were very displeased with and our database was a mess in our previous software. Bloomerang helped clean that up so that we could have a clean transition to Bloomerang. So appreciated!

Pros

From start to finish, Bloomerang makes it a priority that the customer is working with a real, live person. Not only is their staff informed and reputable, they are personally invested in their work at Bloomerang and the organizations that utilize the CRM.

Cons

This software has been efficient and useful across all categories!

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Bloomerang is more nonprofit-focused and not as "sales-y" and big corporation feeling. These are features important to us.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

eTapestry was clanky, hard to use, and the interface was very confusing and overwhelming.

Kelly from A Nun's Life Ministry

One of the best Developement Products on the market!

Ever since switching to Bloomerang, I have actually enjoyed entering donor information, running reports, creating emails, etc. With our other software, I dreaded having to login each day because it was just a clunky system, but not with Bloomerang. It is easy to find donor information, create forms, send emails, etc. And after 2 years, I have yet to run into any issues with the software, which is a win in my book.

Pros

From day one, everything with Bloomerang has been great. I was incredibly nervous about switching over to Bloomerang from our current software and they made the process so seamless and so simple. Once all of our data was converted, I jumped right in and could quickly run reports, create new donation forms, add images to all of my donors, and even link up social media accounts. Something that I could not do with our old software. Bloomerang's interface is also 'clean' and it is fairly easy to find anything you need. But what I have been most impressed with is its help features, free webinars, and customer service people. They are top-notch and you can't beat the free webinars that they offer weekly! I've learned so much since switching to Bloomerang.

Cons

We've only been using the software for about 2 years and right now, I really haven't run into any thing that I don't like. It is so easy to use and is really great software.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Bloomerang seemed like the perfect fit for our organization from its low-cost, to its stellar customer service, to its ease of reporting, and clean and smooth interface, it seemed like an easy decision to switch to Bloomerang. And we were right because it has been such a beneficial product for all of our developement needs.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

We found Blackbaud too combersome for our small nonprofit, it had too many bells and whistles that we did not need. In addition, the reporting feature was much too difficult and we always had to seek outside help to run even the basic of reports. Finally, the cost just became too much for our budget.

Response from Bloomerang

Replied May 2021

WOW Kelly! What wonderful feedback. I will certainly pass this along to the "powers that be" thank you!

Janie from HopeSparks Family Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Bloomerang is the best!

We don't need a big semi, we just need a pickup truck. Bloomerang has been our happily affordable, fully loaded pickup, with little extra surprises like a cool sunroof, and leather seats. We are now driving our development program with dependability, accuracy, and style.

Pros

Bloomerang is extremely user friendly and has the best customer service I've ever experienced. Having it as a tool has allowed us to move from a barely functioning CRM to a more professional development office. We can now manage our moves management and have accurate reporting.

Cons

There are really small things that I'm hoping change, for instance I would like to have more options for customization in the newsletter generation. And, I miss my shortcut of putting in a zip code and having the city populate automatically. Small things that do not affect much.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Bloomerang is the best bang for our buck. And we have not sacrificed a thing that any other more expensive software has.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

We did not have the usability and options with Salesforce that we needed to do development work. It was set up as a CRM not a donor database. We really found it horrible to work in.

Renee from Helping Services for Youth & Families

Bloomerang is easy to use for all staff at small nonprofit

We are very pleased with the chat feature for help; it has surpassed all of our expectations (it makes it easy to recommend the software because of this). We did not jump into using Bloomerang as a tool to increase donations right away, we first focused on building our system. We had a new development person who, after a year, is finally digging deeper into report analysis, which has been our goal. Bloomerang support is continually updating their product. Understandably, new implementations can take time, but their tech team does listen to their users, so I always take the time to let them know of an improvement I would like to see them make (which hasn't been much!). I think new users need to know that it's not an out-of-the box solution. My team knew exactly what we wanted to improve on from our old software. We put a lot of thought into "building" our Bloomerang. For example, we wanted "organization type" further broke down (academic, business, city/county, civic group/other, faith, foundation/trust, municipal (library/police dept/fire dept etc), public health). We also wanted to gather data by county, but realized later we aren't really using it. We created our database in 2016, so maybe they have examples to provide inspiration to new users, this would have been very useful. We have not used any of the additional paid features, such as viewing in DonorSearch. We serve a rural, low-income area and likely would not see a benefit.

Pros

The interface is very user-friendly. I am the tech support person at the agency, but other staff has been comfortable enough to build reports on their own and manage the e-newsletter (mostly admin asst and development director). That takes a lot off of my plate; I only swing in for questions if staff ask, which isn't much. Staff likes generating the thank you letters right from the Bloomerang platform. Regarding the cost, it is a good value especially compared to other platforms. As a small nonprofit of 4500 households, we felt that we could justify the cost, which we choose to pay annually. We rely on Bloomerang for generating our mailing lists. We have two appeals, the fall appeal goes out to everyone. We are able to target our spring appeal to our most dedicated donors. We like the soft credit feature so we can track a person who brought in a donation on behalf of their church and the relationships feature so we can connect how donors are connected with other donors. We expanded the relationships list to faith/faith member, civic group/civic group member, municipal group/municipal member, housemate, academic in addition to family relationships. We use the secure embed donation forms, which removes our responsibility for PCI compliance for credit cards.

Cons

We still struggle with the report feature. We have no problem with simple reports, but some can get very complicated and we are not sure if we are doing them right. We always reach out to Bloomerang support to make sure that our info is drawing accurately on the more complicated reports. Usually these reports are staples, so once they are created, the user is good to go for all future use, except changing the dates of the report. We have become very resourceful in finding new uses for reports. We have had to get creative with how we do other things in the system - Bloomerang doesn't fit every nonprofit situation. For example, we use the Pledges feature as a billing solution for sponsors of our annual Holiday Lights drive-through display. We enter commitments as a 1, 2, or 3 year pledge. I can see room for improvement in the volunteer data collection options.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

The alternatives were either too expensive, too complicated, unattractive user-interface, or didn't have the features we wanted or too limiting of features. My team carefully evaluated donor software for almost six months before we settled on Bloomerang. We implemented Bloomerang in the spring of 2016 and my team still feels strongly that we made the right choice.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

We were forced to make the switch because our software was no longer supported. Although our previous software was available to all supporting staff via a server in the office, we were also discontinuing our server. We knew that everything was going to cloud-based donor programs.

Whitney from St. Joseph Institute for the Deaf

Bloomerang Software Review

I think Bloomerang is the best mid-tear CRM there is. If you are looking for a data management software that doesn't break the bank and does things you need it to do, then Bloomerang is it. I have actually recommended Bloomerang to other colleges.

Pros

It does everything you need it too, for a fraction of what Gift Works cost. I keep all our donor information in the system, run monthly reports using that information, and everything in between. The new feature that we just started using is the "Automatic Acknowledgment Letter" function. We have our standard thank you letter that we inputted in the system, and it will come up when you enter in a donor gift with that donor's information already added to the sections you need it. Then you can choose to edit the letter to make it more personal for the donor. Then we print it right off and it is ready to go. Super simple, and saves us so much time!

Cons

At times, you may feel overwhelmed at all the things Bloomerang can do for your non-profit. When I first started working within Bloomerang, it seem a little complicated, but that is where their customer service steps in. If you have ANY question about the program, they give you a number that you can call any time and they will walk you though what you need step by step. I have called the number multiple times, and every time they were able to help me verbally and give me the written directions as well so I can have them if I ever have the problem again. Honestly, I have a "Bloomerang Binder" full of these helpful directions.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Our main factor was the price.

Hannah from Youth Homes

Bloomerang for the win!

I love Bloomerang and use it on a regular basis. I no longer hesitate to look up information or turn to Bloomerang for help. Because I had so many issues with our previous database, I found myself dreading having to use it and/or figuring out a different way to gather the information I needed.

Pros

My company used Raiser's Edge for many years before switching over to Bloomerang and that was one of the best days in my working career. I love that we can immediately get a sense of a donor as their page comes up with the Giving Summary and Level of Engagement. I also appreciate being able to quickly see what the latest, largest, first, and lifetime giving is at a glance. Pulling reports, mailing lists, and financials is very user-friendly, too. Having trainings available to return to for refreshers and references is very handy. Using Bloomerang has been a game-changer for me in keeping track of donor information and then having the ability to compile that information in almost endless ways.

Cons

The most time consuming part of Bloomerang that feels a bit clunky is the creation of households. It requires data entry for one of its members, a new constituent record for the other member of the household, and then going back to create a household and link the two donors. It feels like there could be an easier way to get that information and create those relationships without so much back and forth.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

We looked at three other software offerings but we all agreed that we felt the ease of use, the look and feel of Bloomerang, and the cost comparison made it our first choice.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Our Development Team was not happy with certain aspects of Raiser's Edge and we found it did not feel it was worth the enormous cost.

Response from Bloomerang

Replied February 2021

Thank you for your feedback regarding households Hannah. I will pass that along to our product teams!

Kerrie from Food for His Children, Inc

Bloomerang CRM

Bloomerang is a quick and fast resource for donor retention, average gift and reports that tell me who I need to connect with and who loves our work. It helps to identify major donor prospects and who are biggest fans are. We use it to monitor email open and click through rates and to help us evaluate our fundraising goals. It's useful for donor engagement as well.

Pros

Bloomerang is a simple to use CRM system for donor management and communication. I love that I can do donor emails and donation management all in one system. The customer service/help desk is great, always very patient with a non-techy person. Loads of training resources. So many features that a one person shop can find it hard to learn or use them all.

Cons

I wish there was a peer to peer fundraising option or integration with more peer to peer platforms, would love to see a text to give option, would love more automated messaging options, would like donors to be able to log in to change their giving options, would like to be able to go into a recurring donation and change it based on the donor's request instead of having to cancel it and have the donor provide their account details etc again. I have lost over $450 per month in revenue because of this. The donation page doesn't allow for any major changes- I would love to see a button that says 'one time' and one that says 'monthly' so that its clearer to donors who want to give monthly instead of a small box they need to check at the bottom of the donation options. I've lost revenue because of that as well- months later had donors tell me they thought they had set up monthly giving.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

It offered the most features.

Etapestry was expensive

Response from Bloomerang

Replied February 2021

Thank you Kerrie! Have you had a chance to take a peek at GiveButter? More details here! https://bloomerang.co/blog/new-feature-givebutter-integration/

Jane from St. John Center for Homeless

Best CRM for mid-sized non profit

Our overall experience with Bloomerang has been terrific. We have much better reporting functionality, we track interactions more effectively. We create make use of all the features, and chose event software that integrates directly into BLoomerang this year, which has saved us a world of duplicate entry. We're very happy users.

Pros

I've been in fundraising for over 25 years and have used a lot of different CRM systems for fundraising. Bloomerang is my favorite because it is intuitive, well-designed, and because the company is continually updating and improving functionality. The ease of creating reports and pulling the information we need is my favorite thing about Bloomerang, followed by how easy it is to get technical support when we need it.

Cons

It is never fun to transition CRM software, and we had been with our previous provider for 15 years. We had a lot of data, and much of it was not maintained as well as I would have liked. But, Bloomerang met a rushed time line and we had what we needed to move forward as an organization. While we're very happy with Bloomerang, I would like to have a less clunkly way to track tribute gifts, and to produce letters to notificants in Bloomerang.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

We were impressed by the variety of ways we were able to view and test the software before we committed. Once we got our hands on it, we really liked the way it works. We also saved a lot of money making the switch from E-Tap to Bloomerang.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

We were unhappy with the difficulty of pulling reports in eTapestry, the lack of functionality, and the lack of improvements to functionality.

Response from Bloomerang

Replied February 2021

Wow Jane! Thank you for the jam packed insightful feedback. We have the best customers, thank you much.

Susan from Dubois-Pike-Warrick Economic Opportunity Committee, Inc. d/b/a TRI-CAP

Good Value and Ease of Use Make it Exceptional

I often recommend Bloomerang to my peers. For me, it is the best fundraising decision we have made. As Finance Director, I am also tasked with fundraising efforts. I have fundraising experience as an employee with a variety of non-profit organizations including Junior Achievement, a county hospital, United Way, a community foundation, a community mental health center, and now at a community action agency. While each organization has had their own nuances, the systems I have helped purchase at each pale in comparison to Bloomerang. It is by far the best software I have used based merely on its effectiveness, ease of use, and ability to guide the fundraising growth of our organization.

Pros

As a non-profit organization we are constantly having to have multiple employees help with the fundraising initiatives. We have found this software to be very user friendly. I am able to train staff to use it in a very short amount of time. Having an effective tracking database has been critical to good donor communications. The integration of the email functionality has definitely added value not only to our fundraising efforts but also our communication efforts in the communities we serve. Bloomerang is the very foundation we use grow our donor base. It also easily lets us see how we are doing with our efforts year over year. I also easily created reports to help guide our board of directors and our Executive Director for meetings with particular donors.

Cons

It would be nice if there were a few more 'stock' reports that generated.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Price, ease of use, and the ability to integrate email easily. We were also able to have the number of users we needed without having to pay more for each user. The reporting was easy for each donor and could give us great information to use to make decisions and appreciate current donors. We could easily demonstrate the value each donor provides to our organization.

Response from Bloomerang

Replied January 2021

Thank you Susan for recommending us! I'm curious what additional stock reports you'd like to see?

Melissa from The Brenton Arboretum

Some limitations, but ultimately we are quite satisfied with Bloomerang, Live Chat Help is stellar

While building reports in Bloom is somewhat tricky (which I know is the same for all donor database programs), it is a remarkably helpful tool. The fast, friendly, and knowledgeable help from the "Live Chat" folks makes navigating these reports INFINITELY easier.

Pros

Initially, what I liked most about Bloomerang was the simple, attractive, and somewhat intuitive user interface. After a few years of using Bloom, however, I have to say that their online chat support is outstanding. Truly it is the absolute best online support team that I have ever experienced for any website or webservice.

Cons

We are a membership based institution which is slightly different niche of non-profit. Bloom isn't set up for that, but we've made some workarounds. A serious drawback is their lack of ability to handle class and event registration without setting up a new appeal for each program. They also cannot offer program registration with both paid AND free admission, depending on membership status. Sadly, I haven't discovered any program or plug -in that's able to do this. It's either all-paid or all-free registrations, not both.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

The easy user interface of Bloomerang was a major deciding factor. I don't have a dedicated database manager, so the program has to be accessible by many employees for varying tasks. Affordability was also a factor.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

We stitched for the ease of reporting and customization. It was also important to have a secure database with website integrations and online payment integrations.

Response from Bloomerang

Replied January 2021

Thanks Melissa for the honest feedback. I'll make sure to get in touch if things change on our end. Happy to hear you've been able to lean on Support!

Paula from Children & Family Resource Center

Donor Management Can Be Functional ... and Fun

The reporting and tracking features make forecasting and budgeting process so much easier. I also love the extras like generosity level and True Givers. These bonuses have helped me track down some great new donors.

Pros

I came for using another donor management software that was dull and reports were impossible to obtain. My first view of Bloomerang had me falling in love with it's interface. It doesn't just work right, it functions the way I think. And it's so pretty. I don't know about you but I need something that I stare into for hours to be easy on the eyes and Bloomerang's color scheme and playfulness makes it less of a chore. I love the little button up top that links me to direct chat help. Almost weekly, I have someone help me make a new report that I think might be helpful. It's easy enough to do the reports on my own but sometimes their help makes my reports a bit less chunky. They help me weed through the data I don't need to get to what really matters. The support team is awesome, friendly, knowledgeable and willing! The integrations are great, too.

Cons

Not much I don't like about it but if I had to pick out one thing: I wish there was Social Media integration with more than just Twitter - IG and FB would seal the deal. Being able to produce an e-blast that translated to a FB or IG post would be ideal.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Ease of use, price, and flexibility.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

I wasn't here when that happened but my colleagues tell me it was too cumbersome and the reports were too hard to manage.

Response from Bloomerang

Replied January 2021

What a delightful review, thank you Paula!

Xavier from Ramsdell Regional Center for the Arts

Industry: Performing Arts

Bloomerang is the affordable and easy-to-use software you've been waiting for!

Pros

The dashboard! I live there most of my days. It's so customizable. How you track your constituents, whether they are a business or individual/household, is completely open-ended. It's scalable. The reporting feature is essential to any software. Bloomerang has nailed it. They even have scheduled reports as a function. MailChimp integration = a life saver. Bloomerang's email feature is tremendous, but I use MailChimp regularly. Send an email through MailChimp and track the interaction in Bloomerang, all automatically. So efficient!

Cons

I wish there was a way to sync Bloomerang with our ticketing software. That was my biggest question to the developers of ticketing and Bloomerang. More options for merchant solutions. It's limited to some of the most expensive in the market. I would be able to use even more Bloomerang features if they integrated with CardPointe.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Bloomerang fit our business model and met our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Excel does not track relationships between data unless you spend an awful amount of time programming it into the sheet. It was hard to track multiple transactions per donor. And the interactions, too.

Lauren from Children's Association for Maximum Potential

A great product, a great addition to our organization.

Overall a great experience, I am very pleased with the software and am glad we made the decision to use Bloomerang.

Pros

I love how much data Bloomerang tracks and how easy it is to extract. The product is very intuitive and it makes thanking donors and tracking emails/interactions very easy. Several updates have been made and features added since our organization started using it, and I appreciate them listening to their customers to make the changes requested.

Cons

The list of people under "Tributes" cannot be searched or sorted by alpha order. Makes it difficult to determine whether someone has already been listed so not to make a duplicate entry. Cannot change a person's Tribute listing from "In Honor" to "In Memory", must create a new Tribute individual.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Word of mouth, colleague has used them before, customer service.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Not very user friendly, was switching credit card processors, so it made sense to move to a new software that integrated with the new credit card processor.

Christi from Plant With Purpose

Very solid CRM for mid-sized nonprofits

My favorite thing about Bloomerang is that it makes pulling reports accessible to a much wider group of people than our previous systems did. We used to need dedicated analysts to pull reports for the fundraising team, but with Bloomerang, even our most technologically challenged team members are willing to try running a report on their own.

Pros

My organization has been using Bloomerang for almost 5 years now. We choose it because we wanted a software that could help us manage a major donor cultivation strategy and a mass-marketing/email strategy at the same time. This software was the only one that we found that could do both of those things well. In the years that we've used Bloomerang, we've grown substantially (from a small-mid nonprofit to a fairly large one). It's been exciting to watch Bloomerang grow with us over those same years. They keep adding new features that address our growing needs. We originally thought Bloomerang might be the best fit software for a couple years, but we're still very satisfied and have realized that it can meet our growing needs for many more years.

Cons

There are some things that we have struggled with over the years, but most have been addressed with recent upgrades to the Bloomerang system. Our current biggest annoyance is that it's hard to filter out mass emails when looking at a donor timeline. We have a workaround for that, so it's not been a major challenge to date.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

eTapestry (and the other Blackbaud systems) were difficult to use. They intimidated many of our team members and required us to add extra administrative support to get information into the system. Bloomerang is substantially more accessible to a wide range of users and has all the tools we needed to grow.

Kalie from Alpha Grand Rapids

Fantastic Software for Nonprofits!

Again, this software has been extremely beneficial to our organization!

Pros

Bloomerang has been a game changer for our organization. Our old software was essentially a slightly fancier version of excel with very limited options for tracking donor information and a time-consuming process for pulling reports of any kind. Also, we were limited to only the reports they provided and could not customize our reports in any way. Our favorite thing about Bloomerang is the fact that reports are completely customizable and unlimited in what we can track. Due to the fact that it is so robust, learning how reports function can be a little tricky at first. However, once you "learn the language" it becomes second nature and makes life SO much easier. We also love that we could add custom fields for constituents to track additional things like volunteer hours, what church our donors attend, etc. In addition, being able to connect donors to each other using the "relationship" function has been incredibly helpful. The customer service at Bloomerang is also fantastic. To this day, I still receive regular check-in emails from the very first person I spoke with at Bloomerang when I was just researching the software. That is so impressive to me! We have had very few issues with Bloomerang, but when we've had to reach out to support the customer service team has been prompt, kind, and helpful. Overall, this software is amazing and I highly recommend it!

Cons

We pay extra for the wealth screening tool but haven't always found it to be the most accurate. I'm not sure this is worth what we pay for it - or, we just need to take the time for someone to learn more about how to use it properly! Also, while we do use Bloomerang to send all of our receipts/letters, we haven't quite made the leap to sending emails through Bloomerang. There doesn't seem to be quite as many design choices as we would like, but again it's most likely just something we need to take the time to learn.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

We did demos with Kindful, eTapestry, and Bloomerang. The demo with Bloomerang felt the most user-friendly and I got a really good vibe from the presenters. I felt that the team at Bloomerang truly cared about our organization and wanted what was best for us - even if that didn't end up being their software. The majority of Bloomerang employees have previous experience working at non-profits, so they understand what we are trying to accomplish and clearly have a passion for making the world a better place. I could feel that in every conversation we had with them from day 1 and it made them feel like the best choice for us. It's a choice we haven't regretted!

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

WayCool did not have the functionality we needed as our organization grew. The biggest thing we struggled with was not being able to customize reports, so we would end up running multiple reports and combining them by hand. This was very time-consuming and frustrating!

Ashley from Chatham Savannah Citizen Advocacy

Bloomerang for a small 2 person office

We use Bloomerang as CRM and Donor Database, we use the enewsletter functions, online forms.

Pros

User friendly for non database experts, easy reporting, easy production of thank you letters etc.

Cons

I am pleased. I am sure I don't use it to full capacity. I need to learn more about if there is any easy way to do ticketing. I have used Eventbrite for ticketing as their process is easier. I have used Give Lively for Peer to Peer fundraising. So there is room to add additional features to Bloomerang.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Price, ease of conversion, and ease of use

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

I found eTapestry to be complicated to use for my colleagues who were not very computer literate and they needed to use if as a CRM. I was looking for user friendly ease of use and ease of reporting.

Dustin from Marco Island Center for the Arts

Great Software for Non-Profits

Bloomerang is very much intuitive and easy to use. I love the fact that creating and also reporting with custom field is so simple and it truly allows you to customize it to fit whatever your needs might be rather than only having a few standard fields that something else decided was best. We are big on sending out emailers and having integrated email capabilities has save me and my coworkers a ton of time and headaches from having to purchase another solution. Another benefit that you didnt realize you needed until you tried it is the interactions with your members are automatically recorded in the donor database.

Pros

I really like the reporting function. The reports are easy to create and even easier to download as an Excel spreadsheet. I also really like the dashboard function. This software is very easy to use and even easier to teach others how to us it. The customer service is great as well. They are very responsive and always ensure that you get an answer and not only that but make sure you understand how they arrived there. I also really like that this is an internet based platform because it makes it much easier to access the same information on any computer. I also found this great function that checks every address for each member that you have in your database to ensure that it is the most up to date. This platform is also super intuitive and easy to use. Bloomerang basically combined several applications into one easy to use platform. Bloomerang has amazing customer service that is second to none. As a small non-profit searching for a user friendly and powerful platform we had to look no farther than Bloomerang. We reviewed many platforms and did hours of research before finding Bloomerang.

Cons

I don't like that you cant sort the letters in alphabetical order when creating them. This is a BIG pain when printing off 100s of them because you have to sort them by hand after you print. For some of our big letter runs like annual appeal and membership reminders, we use a program to create our address labels. Sorting over 5,000 letters in alphabetical order is very time consuming. Other than that there isnt really much I dont like about Bloomerang. I have used countless different applications in my career and this one definiteyl ranks high on that list.

Melody from Lussier Community Education Center

Bloomerang Review

In one word- easy.

Pros

My favorite feature of Blooomerang is their customer service. It's fast and so so helpful. This software is capable of a lot, but sometimes its hard to recognize of understand what you can make it do. Most things have obvious buttons or functions, but sometimes you can edit or twist those functions to best serve your organization, and it sometimes is not obvious how to do that. But if you contact customer support, they can solve any problem quickly, and if they can't, they go and figure it out and get back to you. It's amazing! I've never had such consistently positive interactions with tech support services, and I really appreciate that most about this software.

Cons

It's a very specific fault, but the fact that we can't add interactions or notes to a household so it shows up on all connected accounts. It has to be however many separate accounts that show up under one feed. An example of when this can be frustrating is when an entire household of four attends an event, and we want that to show up on their timeline, we have to go in and add that interaction to each individual account. It would save a lot of time if we could make one interaction in the household that shows up in each account- adding one interaction over creating four separate ones.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Too costly for how minimal their software was. There were a lot of things we couldn't do that we needed, and needed it to be so much easier than it was.

Russ from Portsmouth Music and Arts Center (PMAC)

Industry: Music

Game Changer

It was a game changer for our organization. It's probably the only software we use that the entire team (a 9 person staff) agrees on and enjoys using. The Bloomerang team did a wonderful job of onboarding our organization and we really felt like we could access the full power of the software from day one.

Pros

Bloomerang is easy to use and keeps our development efforts on track. I especially like the engagement level meter and the integration with Donor Search. Reports have never been easier and are wonderfully dynamic. The integration with our website is seamless, so donors who give online go right into the database and we're immediately notified of every gift. Donors have been surprised when I sometimes email them a personal thank you before they've even logged off of their computer - in addition to the automated thank you they receive right from Bloomerang. It's the one software I actually look forward to logging into each day.

Cons

Very few cons. We are a school and I wish it integrated with our registration software. Other than that, love it!

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

We felt it was more user friendly and offered better tech support.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Needed to switch to more robust development software.

Summer from South Michigan Food Bank

We love Bloomerang!

Overall, we are extremely happy with Bloomerang! Switching to this product has made our daily processes much smoother.

Pros

We greatly appreciate the ease of this product. It is simple to learn, simple to use every day. We integrated from a very outdated and very messy product. Bloomerang's team was very thorough in cleaning up our data and helping us along this entire process. Bloomerang's support is also excellent!

Cons

Occasionally, our team struggles with the reporting element in Bloomerang. For the most part, we are able to get everything we need from reports. However, there are times where the reporting feature is a bit complex and difficult to use. We are thankful that support is available to assist when issues occur.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

We chose Bloomerang because of the support availability, ease of use, cost, the ability to easily integrate, and reporting.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Our product was outdated, difficult pull any report, limited resources for support, and we wanted a smoother product to communicate via email with our supporters.

Carter from The Daily Caller News Foundation

Bloomerang for any nonprofit

Love it. This is the third nonprofit that I changed over to Bloomerang. Well worth the money.

Pros

The best part of the software is that it is so user friendly. I've used Razors Edge, Donor Perfect, Salesforce and a variety of other products - I now call those products my dinosaurs. They made updates on antiquated database software increasing the number of steps one had to take to get a report, add a new donor or create communications. Bloomerang is quick, user friendly and easy to use. I also really appreciate the great customer service. They respond quickly and are always very helpful.

Cons

Some of the templates in the email section look old. I wish they had a better graphics designer on board.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Less hassle, better at a glance review.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Bloomerang is more user friendly and provides infographics on home page for at-a -glance reporting

Brenda from Call of the Sea

Quick access and Use

I have been able to put together a Moves Management Report which is very useful. I hope to be able to learn more about its on-line event tools as well soon.

Pros

Bloomerang was a hands on learning tool for me with no down time or help in learning the CRM. I used it daily since I am a one person development office. The former person in this role had set up the system. I have enjoyed it's features and had some roadblocks like with everything else when first learning. I was thrown into instant use and so am backtracking to learn more of its features. I have found the Bloomerang training sessions and seminars on various topics very useful and allows me to feel connected to others. Whenever I have needed help Support has been there to help, which is sooo important.

Cons

Sometimes in an effort to make what's complex simplified there are gaps in understanding that occur for some people. I liken it to a maze that I can't seem to get of and then finally have a breakthrough. It is excellent for the small office. I would like to have greater access to donorsearch at less expense.

NA

I changed jobs.

Daniel from New Haven Symphony Orchestra

Bloomerang helps grow your nonprofit each and every day

I am delighted with my use of the system and I'm glad we made the change from our prior CRM. Transparency for the administrative team, ease of use, and great integrations is bringing lots of benefits in terms of our records, protocols, and our ability to reach our donors.

Pros

Great flexibility allows easy customizations that helps you improve your CRM with usage and time. When combined with easy navigation and fast/accessible reports, Bloomerang is a system that is actually enjoyable to use. That's a big deal for your CRM! Remember - systems that are not used are systems that are not helpful.

Cons

The biggest frustration is that the constituent giving statistics via the "summary" views and "Timeline" views is set to the calendar year. For those of us who have a fiscal year different than the calendar year, this framing is not ideal. I've raised the point with the helpdesk and I am optimistic that the improvement will eventually be implemented. For the meantime, it requires patience and a mental "filter" to adjust accordingly.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

We researched about a dozen systems before selecting Bloomerang. Initially, we were going to eliminate Bloomerang from consideration due to limitations to the user access (e.g. you're either a standard user with or without transaction edit/entry ability OR you are an administrative user). While there were other systems that allowed for more nuance between users (e.g. intern, volunteer, staff, administrator, board, etc) - Bloomerang had such strength in nearly all other aspects that we decided to proceed with our migration to Bloomerang. It has proved to be the right solution for us!

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

We completely lost faith in our prior CRM solution. We were a small customer to that company. It was clear that they were unable to see anything other than their own perspective and would rather be spending their time with much larger organizations. While the system had plenty of capabilities, it was not user friendly and was therefore underutilized by our admin team.

Michelle from The Sarah Michelle Peterson Foundation

Bloomerang has everything we need.

Bloomerang has changed how we keep track of almost everything and put it all into one place. We are very pleased with it, and we are still learning more good things.

Pros

Bloomerang has amazing customer service. As a small non-profit selecting our first DMS, we reviewed many and then took the plunge and signed up for Bloomerang. Our chats and emails asking for help always receive prompt responses from knowledgeable people. There is no substitute for that level of assistance. We also love the ability to customize our data and all of the other things that can be done with Bloomerang. We have left behind our old systems for keeping track of donations, volunteers, trainings, newsletters, and more!

Cons

We are getting better at creating reports that show what we want to track, but this is an area that feels a little convoluted, probably due to my lack of experience. I have received excellent help from Customer Service to get what I need, though. I have a feeling that the large number of steps it sometimes takes to create a report is necessary and can't be changed. I would also like a smoother way to keep track of people who sign up for a free class, and then to track who actually attends the class.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

It seemed more robust, and other reviews highlighted the excellent customer service, which the cheaper ones seemed not to have.

Sara from High Hopes Therapeutic Riding

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Bloomerang helps my organization with our fundraising program - which accounts for 60% of our annual revenue. It has been extremely valuable and we are very happy with it.

Pros

Bloomerang has been a great product from the beginning. It was easy to convert to (just a few minor hiccups) and it's been easy to learn to use. Over the four years my organization has had Bloomerang as our donor database, we have had multiple staff changes affecting users of this program. In all cases, new staff members were able to learn and utilize Bloomerang's many features. The Chat feature is particularly helpful as it can walk us through complicated donor reports and mail merges.

Cons

It would be helpful to have more integrated event software that incorporates all aspects of managing an event, including auction item procurement, bidding and acknowledgment. We asked Bloomerang to provide us with details on their event add-on and never received a response. At this time we use Give Smart to support our events.

Cost and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

We needed something that was more flexible and easier to use.

Melissa from Coalition for the Homeless

Industry: Fund-Raising

Love Bloomerang

I selected Bloomerang and set it up as our database at two organizations and have used it daily for a total of 4.5 years. I have really enjoyed using it and it has suited our small fundraising shops well.

Pros

Some things I love about Bloomerang: its user-friendly design; great customer service; donation categorization structure; dashboard showing status of campaigns and donor retention rate; engagement meter and generosity meter; ability to easily make notes and save attachments to a donor record; ease of getting to donor records quickly; simple reporting functions; integration with online donation forms; and automatic inclusion of a recurring donation option on donation forms.

Cons

The biggest drawback I found with Bloomerang is the thank you letter feature. You can apply filters to create different thank you letters for different types of gifts, but the letters are exported as a PDF, which makes it difficult to fine-tune any of the verbiage. So if I need to edit a particular letter I have to go back to the donor record, edit it, and download the new letter.

Price and functionality

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Improved functionality, user-friendly design.

Autumn from Trinity Free Clinic

Recommending bloomerang for Nonprofit Donor Management

We particularly like that we can easily manage all transactions and interactions seamlessly through integration with Outlook and sending emails, letters, etc. directly out of the system.

Pros

In the time that we have used bloomerang, we have appreciated a number of things about the software. The interface is extremely user friendly, we see regular product updates, there has been excellent customer service and communication, and the customer support through the chat interface is absolutely fantastic. Data has been easy to manage, reports are easy and reliable, and the ability to send beautiful emails, integrate with our website, and manage campaigns through the system is a real game changer for our organization. They worked hard with us to implement integration and onboarding in a reasonable time frame as well.

Cons

Occasionally, I will run into a more advanced feature that I'd like the system to do, but it's a rare occurrence. The one thing that I really wish bloomerang had was a more robust event ticketing function. The current interface doesn't do everything we would want to do, such as discount codes, and there are generally too many limitations to be able to use bloomerang for event ticketing.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] initially chose to go with eTapestry but it was an absolute nightmare. They failed to get our data conversion done in a reasonable amount of time and their customer service was absolutely deplorable. After six MONTHS, they still did not have our data uploaded and ready for use. Bloomerang was able to take the files we had prepared for the eTapestry conversion and had our system up and working in about six WEEKS. The only good thing about our eTapestry experience is that they did EVENTUALLY send us a check refunding our deposit and monthly fee, especially since we started incurring monthly fees before our system was even live.None of the other products had the same blend of functionality that we needed, nor did they have as agile of an interface as bloomerang.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

Insightly is really a very simple point of sale interface that doesn't have even a tenth of the functionality that bloomerang does. Switching to bloomerang allowed us to consolidate a number of processes that had before been managed through Insightly, a number of Excel spreadsheets, MailChimp, and more.

Amanda from Paleontological Research Institution (PRI)

The reporting is Amazing

I've had a great experience and I am really enjoying this CRM more and more as it integrates with so many third party apps.

Pros

The reporting feature is by far one of the best parts of this software. I can segment donors, analyze year over year data, and run fundraising to date reports with such ease. There is no need to export data and run analytics in excel when this software does it all for you. I am also a big fan of the bcc feature that allows me to append emails to donors directly to their constituent files.

Cons

As an arts and culture nonprofit, we have a membership component to our fundraising structure. I feel that bloomerang's ability to really provide for a membership program is weak. We've made it work with some custom fields but it's not ideal.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

Reporting, Price, and functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

We had an outdated desktop version and wanted a cloud based software that could bring our fundraising into the modern era.

Cyrilla from Foundation Monroe County Community Schools

Very Happy

My experience with Bloomerang has been very positive.

Pros

I feel Bloomerang is a good donor management software and works very great the the size of our organization. It is easy to navigate and the customer support is timely and helpful. They are continuously improving the software.

Cons

My biggest negative is not really the software but my ability to keep up with the changes/improvements. For example we have the system for several years and built a lot of our emails using templates that were donor concentric at that time. When you need an email you just copy them and adjust the content for the new email. What I found during the pandemic is the current new templates give a fresh look. I had time to rebuild some of this communication.

Reasons for Choosing Bloomerang

I watched a demo of Bloomerang at an INAPEF conference. I liked it and other members had made the switch. They were happy so we went with.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

eTapestry wasn't intuitive and they weren't doing updates to the system. I wanted something that was easier to teach so that my staff could learn the software and I wasn't the only person who knew how to utilize the system.

Scott from Plant With Purpose

Great Donor Tracking Software

Pros

This software is very intuitive and easy to use. We switched from a more complicated product that staff wouldn't use consistently. Although it had more bells and whistles it was less useful because many staff members found it too difficult to enter and retrieve data.

Cons

There are some missing features that I would appreciate: - a way of giving an easily visible summary of the most important things about a donor - a virtual yellow sticky note to alert other users to important changes or updates - a way of filtering out the Mass Emails from the more important interactions - an easier way of getting to the earliest entries

Angie from Ark Crisis Children's Center

Love it!!!

I switched to Bloomerang after being with another database system for a little more than a year. I have never looked back and have recommended Bloomerang to so many other nonprofits in my area. I have never had a problem that couldn't be figured out or worked around.

Pros

The clean look, ease of use and ever-updating features are wonderful. The additional trainings on many topics related to non-profits are a bonus. I love that I never have to encounter the word "query" when running reports! I also appreciate that many features are automatically included so I don't feel "nickel and dimed" every time I need to integrate new features.

Cons

I wish there was an easy "shopping cart" feature that would integrate with my website so I could easily sell tickets to events without having to manually each purchase.

Reasons for Switching to Bloomerang

I was constantly being charged for "extras" like sending emails. Customer service was a nightmare and every time I dealt with a service person, they were no longer with the company the next time I needed assistance. Nothing about eTapestry was intuitive and it would take me an entire day to run reports, filter mailing lists and write thank-yous.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,036 reviews