What are Brilliant Directories users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Brilliant Directories software through verified user reviews

• icon"I liked the most that provides email services, smtp server. It is help us to our businesses and promoting and advertising our product."
  • icon"Brilliant Directories functionality provides the owner an extremely easy tool for website design."
  • icon"The best part of Brilliant Directory is it complete integrated solution looking at almost all aspects needed by the business group, associations or community."
  • icon"Just frustrating knowing that something IS possible but costly, rather than knowing that something is not possible."
  • icon"We had been unsure about the cost/value proposition but now find our concerns were unnecessary."
  • icon"The time difference can be annoying but something that can’t be helped. However the customer service team are bang on it and always get back to me ASAP."

Browse all Brilliant Directories Reviews

• Have you used Brilliant Directories and would like to share your experience with others?

Anupam

Amazing directory platform with rich set of features

We are a large institute with 1000s of private tutors. We wanted to showcase our member teachers and also encourage our students to review and rate them or hire them from our website after evaluating the profile of these teachers. For this purpose, brilliant directory comes extremely handy.

Pros

Most Impactful features: Membership management , automated emails at different stages of membership lifecycle, getleadmatched, SEO and there are many out of the box impactful features.

Cons

For the new bees with no technical background, learning curve can be little steep. But with the guide documents/videos for almost everything and very helpful support, this is not a major issue.

Reasons for choosing Brilliant Directories

In Interface and features, both, brilliant directory is much better

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

None of the current directory softwares in the market at this time have the features as good as brilliant directory (i.e as per our requirement).

The Membership Directory Builder "On Red Bull & Steroids"

Brilliant Directories was recommended to us & after reading many positive reviews we decided to give it a trial & very pleased we did. We found the scale of the software a little overwhelming at first, but after digging in we carved out a way for BD to give us the functionality our business idea required. (Developer Licence Advised) Depending on your needs BD may not do exactly what you want right out of the gate, but should you have a clear vision of what you aim to build & wish to achieve then BD is the best platform we have came across on our travels.

Pros

The sheer number of possibilities offered within the BD platform is quite mind boggling, in fact, mind blowing when choosing the VIP"Add Ons". BD has the flexibility to build either a vertical exact match, broad base or local directory. Support is "on the ball" & your questions are answered swiftly. Fortnightly webinars (often recorded) & an active FB Group also help to provide a comprehensive all round support package for members. Most features you would expect to see in a modern online directory are either already baked in or available as modular addons.

Cons

As new users to Brilliant Directories we felt that a short onboarding call could have been offered to help guide us through the maze of features. Although lots of video, webinar & responsive helpdesk support is available, nothing really beats being able to ask an expert directly. (FYI Paid coaching is available.) There is a fairly steep learning curve if you want to maximise your BD install. At the time of writing this review BD does not support any of the popular integration hubs, but Zapier is due to come online soon & hopefully this will pave the way for many others too. (Pably, Integromat, Konnectzit, Sync Spider etc)

Reasons for choosing Brilliant Directories

On balance, BD have the most comprehensive & mature offering on the market, a sensible pricing model & a dedicated responsive support team.

Felicity

April 2022

Exceeds every expectation

Pros

The flexibility in building, the ease of use, the entire set up process - it’s all so impressive. The VIP Addons absolutely make Brilliant Directories unbeatable. The true standout however is the support, I’ve run my agency for 13 years and I use a lot of SAAS subscriptions and I have never encountered such a brilliant support system and lovely, helpful, proactive support team. I’m so impressed!

Cons

A direct link in with Zapier so it’s easier to link to other systems without web hooks etc would be wonderful. A slightly more intuitive design builder would be great too. Squarespace is a brilliant reference in terms of a great ‘site builder’ offering. It would be wonderful to have a touch more flexibility in the build without CSS or coding :)

Quality and flexibility

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

I had only just started and was a month in but I could quickly see why they were the cheaper option. There wasn’t any flexibility, the mobile version of the site was really bad and it wasn’t a great experience.

Very Impressive Directory System

Hopefully this is an opportunity to launch a particular tricky directory project I had in mind for years. Can’t wait to get started!

Pros

Having had a first look around their backend I am seriously excited! Most turnkey directory platforms are way too limited to run anything that’s remotely scalable. BrillianDirectories is different. I can see there’s an entire eco-system of extensions available and even their core modules leave little to be desired. You can build a fully customized directory and never worry about lengthy development, hosting, or updating plugins. Apropos development, I am eager to explore their backend access for Tier 5 customers. With MySQL database access I should be able to integrate their backend with existing sites I run.

Cons

While the initial cost for a new site development is low, I have yet to see how their metered-usage pricing effects bottomline once my sites become more popular.

Dr. Virginia

Our Search is Finally Over!

Overall, it has been an excellent experience with the Brilliant Directories team. I had many questions and found a lot of my answers in their very active Facebook group. They were very quick to answer all of my questions when I reached out to the team or support. This is literally one of the most comprehensive association/director/membership platforms available and you can have it up and running in a few hours. It is a game-changer for us since we've tried many other options.

Pros

We love the fact that with Brilliant Directories, anyone can have their site up and running ready to accept new embers within a day. This is a mature, robust platform with outstanding features. Our use case is an association with a multi-tiered member directory. After testing the site, we found that Brilliant Directors meets and exceeds our goals. The platform offers many features we had not thought of that will add great value and help us scale quickly. We like the fact that everything is built within the platform and the user interface is pretty good, especially compared to the competition.

Cons

A few of the feature limits, like storage, are potentially a bit low if the site membership grows significant, which is the goal. Fortunately, they have add-ons at affordable prices so the features can grow in pace with the site.

Reasons for choosing Brilliant Directories

We've been working on our membership and business directory site since 2010. We began with WordPress, then moved on to several SaaS products and all fell short of our goals. After hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars, we are thrilled to find Brilliant Directories as our solution. Our use case is an association with a multi-tiered member directory. The platform offers many features we had not thought of that will add great value and help us scale quickly. We like the fact that everything is built within the platform and the user interface is pretty good, especially compared to the competition. The top three reasons we choose Brilliant Directories are: 1) It is a fully developed mature platform using a done-for-you model, 2) It is feature-rich to support organizations just getting started and those that are in high growth mode, 3) The price-point is a high value with a high return on investment (ROI)

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

There is no comparison between the two platforms. I don't feel comfortable mentioning the name of our old platform, but the user interface was terrible. Brilliant Directories is a breeze in comparision, not only for us on the adminitstrative side, but for our members as well.

Starting your directory reality for the Entrepreneur

Pros

I really loved the fact that, budget didn't stop me from purchasing the software. They will work with you as long as you keep an open dialogue of communication. You are able to see a demo of the software before purchase. The website is fresh with good quality webpages, and does not look mediocore. You are offered all the comforts of a basic directory website for users attempting to get started. For customers that utlize the site they are given user friendly functionality of a working online directory. You are given access to others who use the service and their websites to see what your site could look like, and different directories that users who purchased the software utlize it for. If you do not have a color scheme they give you several to use and you can change the color scheme at any time, by picking pre-selected schemes. They do have webinars they invite you too. They have forums and suggestions to improve the software. First impression this is what you would want starting your business and later you can request to see about acting custom functions to your site as your business grows. You have an option to hire a designer for x amount of hours to get your site up and running. They do offer some free services you can add on and some a la carte services as well. Based on its competition, and the web layout of the site to look and function as a directory should it is a top three with competition. You can submit a trouble ticket for single questions, or multiple questions to the site. They do offer an affiliate referral program as well.

Cons

Has video tutorials with how to do's that so not reflect current software uprgrades, so when watching the tutorials on how to do certain functions it does not match your version which can be very confusing for someone who does not know much about computer software. Videos are time consuming, to learn each function. If you make any errors on spelling trying to remember how to get to that part of the website to fix it cane be a hassle. There should be a process to upload users manually. In order to learn the software you have to watch the tutorials and you don't have the options to fiddle with the software as with other programs. There are some features they are needing to consider to intergerate in their software rather than going to a 3rd party site such as reservations booking, affiliate marketing, etc. adding rather simple feature intergration would surely improve their ranking as one of the best directory service providers for features. These could be features in the future with more customer demand. When it comes to how to do tutorials they need to re-vise videos to reflect the current upgrades, and make some processes easier. With many of the fustrations of learning the software and time consumption makes working on your site more of a hesitation, after spending so much money and time to put up the concept and to spend an equal amount of time learning the software is a lot for a new comer and if you do not have the time and patience to learn the software this will be a bad business purchase fail. They should consider an interactive learning guide. Which features screen shots of each screen and explains what each part of the screen is and does then provides a link to edit. Most people are needing a "For Dummies" and do not understand text labels, default values, etc. and if your software is suppose to be the answer for their needs then providing a complete explanation for every function, every section, etc. of your software is very important so no monetizing or marketing effort is missed. The guide should be realistic such as "I want to manually upload users information" then state if the function can be done or not. The older posts in teh forums which says "answered" you go to view the answer it says "You are not allowed to access this page!" if i own my site why would i be limited to answers to monetize my site? So it leaves members with the same question and no update on the answer or any help. esp. when a link with the answer is provided and your not allowed access is fustrating and limiting. You began to feel some type of way about your purchase and receiving quality answers. If you made a purchase to start an idea and not given full access on answers for improvement is very limiting. My advice is if you can't set the time and patience aside to learn the system consider hiring a designer at an additional cost to get started they also offer at additional cost to get one on one time to have someone teach you the software and get your business started. The belief to get your business up and running tomorrow is not true, it will require time to build up your site before you would feel comfortable launching. This is not a user friendly drop and click website, you will have to really learn the software, espicially if your on a budget. Still struggling with getting my site up and getting answers to can I set my site up to make

Josh

Industry: Online Media

February 2022

The most seasoned industry player brings you the most features. Period.

Pros

We've looked high & low - if there's any directory functionality you wish to implement, Brilliant Directories is most likely going to have it. BD is truly the premiere service available. In my experience the customer support is also first class.

Cons

When reviewing the pricing, I would personally consider the "VIP Add-Ons Club" a necessity. You're going to want adds-ons such as SSL, coupon codes, free trial, possibly VAT, etc. It doesn't take long to realize that "VIP Add-Ons Club" is probably the way to go.

Martyn

I Didn’t Think It Could Be Done – How Wrong I Was

Some of my previous directory software had some features but were either not very well supported, were not reliable or were out of date. Brilliant Directories look after and update every single feature-packed section of their platform which is very encouraging. Support is very fast and knowledable.

Pros

I’ve been ‘looking’ at running a directory for some time now. Using Wordpress, JVZoo and Warrior Plus products and services but NONE have given a satisfactory result. My local community enjoyed my local website for a number of years but it never really turned into something I was planning to do with it. Other directories I’ve managed suffered from lack of support or even the vendors going out of business. So, I needed a format from a vendor I could trust that had first class support in place, a reliable website with an engine that was updated regularly and, also, had to be easy to use. I didn’t think it could be done but, how wrong I was … enter Brilliant Directories. Absolutely everything one could wish for seemed to be included in their offering. Getting started was a breeze as everything is laid out in a sensible order with help every step of the way via text documents with images and or short training videos. I needed to contact support on occasions and they got back to me in a timely manner which did impress me. I now have a clear roadmap to how I can monetise all the features that Brilliant Directories brings to the table. Yes, it’s a big deal to get from starting to the finished article and it won’t be done overnight but, the way everything is presented inside each directory makes it so straightforward and intuitive that any of the usual roadblocks are simply not there. I’m pleased that I came across this software (and the vendor as their track record has b

Cons

Some features are niggly to set up but not because of Brilliant Directories but places like the Google developers section and Facebook Apps which are very complex for a non-techie person. However Brilliant Directories had text and image help files and videos on each step so softened the frustration. Also, support were able to step in to help very quickly.

Reasons for choosing Brilliant Directories

Brilliant Directories had sensible features (not gimmicks) that can be monetised and keep clients happy. Ease of use, and support are second to none.

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

Required a more reliable vendor with solid features that were monitisable.

Phil

Industry: Restaurants

Over the Top Support

This particular review is focused on the support from the people at Brilliant Directories versus the product itself (which is excellent!!). All of my interactions have been positive and I have received the help I've needed at the time. From my initial contact with the company via [SENSITIVE CONTENT] initially as well as his help in the last few days, the assistance has been excellent. The support team has been very responsive in my experiences with them, when I have had questions about how to do something, or when I have wanted to know "if" I could do something. Their willingness to go beyond has been over the top for me. That doesn't often occur these days and I am thankful.

Pros

Ease of use to get up and running in a short amount of time with the basics for adding members. Fine-tuning does take more time to get into, but is expected. The better prepared and organized you are before getting started, the better.

Cons

There is a learning curve to refine what is needed on a long-term basis, but that is to be expected with going to any new platform. It depends a lot on your model and what you are wanting to do. The upside is that the support and the community are very helpful as you build out your directory, which is very welcomed especially when you are new and maybe not as sure where you are headed with your business.

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

I love WordPress but Brilliant Directories includes so many options for what I wanted to do, out of the box, so to speak. It meets my needs without me having to finagle around to get to where I wanted to be.

Super easy to get started! Great software!

BD will serve as the basis of my consumer-facing website as well the core entry point in a larger sales and marketing funnel.

Pros

I tested this software for a week and compared it with the other software, as well as the WordPress alternatives, BD is the clear winner. Signing up was super easy and the experience of purchase was super easy. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was my account rep and he answered all my questions both via email and vial phone. So far, so good!

Cons

My biggest gripe is the availability to integrate with 3rd party software, but with the recent release of Zapier integrations, this will become a non-issue over time.

Reasons for choosing Brilliant Directories

It's the quickest, most stable way to get started quickly. I'm thrilled with the choice.

Great system from start to finish

Pros

ease of use ease of deployment pricing good developer marketplace

Cons

dynamic category layers client reporting on profile activity banner ad monetization limited

Reasons for choosing Brilliant Directories

cost and ease of deployment. A site in a box from go, with no plugin work required

Tim

December 2021

Great

I'm now ready to take my business to the next level and we can level up without breaking the bank!

Pros

BD is easy to set up and use, and has the best value on the net!

Cons

It's not you, it's me! I just wish I had more time to utilize all the features properly. In time!

easy of use and LTD

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

money and it was clunky and they seemed to nickel and dime me.

Sandy

Brilliant Directories: A Brilliant, Outstanding Company!!!

Another major factor in our decision to go with Brilliant Directories was that they provide the most support on the plant! You get helpful videos from some of the best business directory experts in the US. It's is like going to BD university. Their online help universe gets you the answers you need immediately. Also, if you are still struggling, you can get help by submitting a ticket. The customer support people are great! Also, their Facebook page has a very active community that shares ideas and is there to help you 24/7. If you are looking for the whole package, killer software, great support, and an active community that is there to help you reach your goals, seriously consider Brilliant Directories as your online solution. You won't regret it.

Pros

When we first starting researching directory software, we spent a few months looking at various options in the marketplace. Since we were working with major companies in every market, It was very important that the platform be very stable, be loaded with features, and be bug-free. It needed to be solid, day one. We read all the reviews, tried all the free trials, and finally made our decision. After extensive evaluation, the Brilliant Directory product easily won the competition. Brilliant Directories is a "World Class" product. It's rich in features. Really, it has more features than any other platform. And the best part, it all works! Unlike other software, that can be buggy, the Brilliant Directory works the first time. And if you are having setup issues, their customer care people can help you get up and running quickly. Also, if you can run Microsoft Office programs like Word or Powerpoint, you can set up a Brilliant Directory Website. There is nothing to code. And unlike other products, you won't have to spend thousands of dollars paying your IT people to try to make some other buggy directory software work properly. If you've ever struggled for days or even weeks with second-class software to get it running right, you will appreciate how simple they have made the software to the end-user. It's easy it is to get up and running in a few hours! That right, hours, not days or weeks.

Cons

We really don't have any major or minor complaints about the software. I was expecting that something so complex, with tons of features, would be a nightmare to set up and run. I expect problems. It ended up being really easy. Most of it is was automatic. Like all high-quality software products like iPhones, or Microsoft 365, the Brilliant Directories software is elegant, solid, and VERY user-friendly. This is the one to beat!

Reasons for choosing Brilliant Directories

The other directory products are simply not in the same league. None offer extensive video training and support. If you want a low-cost, high-quality product for your business or organization, I would seriously check out BD. Congratulations to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the gang at Brilliant Directories for building a World-Class Product and Organization!Brilliant Directories is the real thing. The best software! The best support! The best people!Brilliant Directory Rocks!Sandy DavisPresidentComStar Network

Frank

If You Demand the Best - Look No Further

AS far as a business relationship goes, I have never been treated more professionally by any other company that I have dealt with online. I feel appreciated, respected, and valued as a long-time customer. The integrity of everyone that I have dealt with over the years is beyond reproach. The personal attention I always receive and effort put forth to do the best they can by their clients is unsurpassed. I cannot speak highly enough about their complete professionalism.

Pros

My directories have become the backbone of my business. The years that I have invested in learning how to maximize the constantly growing list of features and expanded capabilities have made my investment in the BD platform one of the most solid business decisions I have ever made in my inline career. Knowing that my search for the perfect platform to use as a foundation on which to build my business has allowed me to grow and prosper in a fiercely competitive marketplace.

Cons

The inability to build high-end landing pages that render beautifully in mobile view. While there have been improvements in this area, there is still a long way to go. I hope capability gets serious attention in the new year.

Reasons for choosing Brilliant Directories

After so much disappointment with the alternatives, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase what for all appearances looked like a platform that was built by people who actually knew what they were doing. I'm continually patting myself on the back for making such a wise decision. Before BD everything was an expenditure, usually wasted. My BD purchase is an investment that has been paying dividends for over 5 years. The constant addition of new features can only improve my revenue going forward.

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

WordPress directory themes and plugins, even when built by the best developers always fall short because the person who built them has never had any actual experience running a directory site. It doesn't take long when using these products to discover that they fall woefully short in meeting the needs of someone wanting to run a 'professional' online directory. These products are simply NOT up to the task. Compared to BD, they are toys.

Steve

These guys are truly passionate about letting normal people own productive and customisable websites

I managed to create a website which allows me to work from home and make some extra money to help with the bills. I created a top-notch website with no knowledge of programming or coding, thanks to the great work done behind the scenes by everyone involved with Brilliant Directories. They are truly passionate about their work, and it shows.

Pros

My previous website built by another company started falling to pieces due to the fact that the programmers wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for every comma or full stop I needed to add. I could not do any alterations myself, even though they had promised that I would own the code. In the end, I lost all my google rankings and it became ineffective. I was about to lose all my members and 3 years of hard work. I am so glad that after some research, I found this great company who ticked all the boxes of my requirements. First, I wanted to be able to customise all the site pages. Not just the design features. I needed to be able to create new customised pages, in order to allow me to develop my original concept. As well, I wanted this flexibility to be able to keep the website relevant as time went by. Secondly, I wanted to have a support team which is expert and dedicated to this site. The main clincher is that the support is included for free with the package you buy, and not charged separately for every minor issue one will invariably encounter along the way. The exception to this is when you need to do some major changes which will affect the whole system. The job you require is quoted by select programmers, who do a great job. The forte of brilliant directories is their amazing documentation, video tutorials and the Webinar Wednesdays. Go through these and you can learn how to manage your site inside and out. They hold nothing back. Cannot thank them enough.

Cons

Even though Brilliant Directories offer website templates for most types of businesses, varying from Yellow pages type, to Real Estate to Events to Jobs, if you have a website concept that doesn't fit exactly into a template, then you need to do some customisation. For this you need to pay extra. The learning curve increases the more different your concept varies from the templates. There are so many possibilities with this software, that you can never really master it all, especially if you have no coding knowledge like myself. However, considering the low entry fee, and that most businesses are covered by the templates, then the chance of any major software customisation you might need are minimal. Anyway, to their credit, they are constantly updating the basic structure with new functions and this is decreasing the need of customisation.

Doris

Brilliant and Caring!!!!

I'm grateful that I found brilliant directories, the fact that the support team is so patient, understanding, and eager to help my business grow is amazing. I feel like I not only found a great product, but I'm a part of a business family that's down to earth, and genuinely want my business to be successful. I'll never forget what Jason did for me, for anyone to take the time to give valuable help and advice at no cost says a lot to me about that person's character. I'm just so thankful to have found a company that's not all about just making a quick buck off of you, but that really wants to see your business succeed. Thank you so much Jason, and the entire support team, you guys are AWESOME!!!!!

Pros

I like most about this product is the ease of the video tutorials, and the prompt response from the support teams, they really helped me set up my directory with minimal stress.

Cons

I don't like that I'm not able to understand the development side of the software. Things that I'd like to implement into my site I'm not able to, because I don't know how to read codes, and scripts.

Response from Brilliant Directories

Hi Doris. We can't thank you enough for your amazing feedback. We're thrilled that you've been successful with the software. Regarding the major customizations that may require some coding, we hear your complaints. This is our development teams number one priority at the moment. We truly do appreciate your honest review. It's what helps us continue to improve the software for our amazing users like yourself :)

Victoria

September 2016

Good software, but must know HTML, CSS and Javascript to get the full benefit

There was definitely a learning curve with this software. I was not aware that so much HTML knowledge was necessary. Even the support is answered in a way that tells you to go in and change some HTML, which I think is misleading. I am not that knowledgeable in programming languages and I'm finding it difficult to go in and make some of the changes I need to make. The term 'widget' is also misleading. I'm sure the designers/creators know that many of us are coming from WordPress and for the most part, their widgets do not need extensive editing via HTML to do what you need. With BD, there is no WYSIWYG editor for the widgets which makes it nearly impossible to get the widget to do the things you need unless you hire a developer, which brings me back to some of the features being misleading. If you are like me and running a one-person show, you will not be able to pay thousands or even hundreds of dollars to get a widget to display differently, something that should be easily editable via a WYSIWYG editor. Also, searching for which widget controls what is confusing, even when viewing your website as an admin. I think this is powerful software and I can appreciate the time spent developing it, however I think more consideration needs to be given to those who are not developers. It's only fair.

Pros

I like the payment features, especially the fact that members can upgrade their plan on their own. I also like that the software comes with payment processing built right in. The geolocation is also a great feature.

Cons

As I stated above, too much programming knowledge is needed to get the full use of the software. I think future updates need to address this issue and help make it more user-friendly. Also, it is difficult sometimes to find where you need to go to make certain updates - the section titles are not clear.

Response from Brilliant Directories

Hi Victoria, thanks so much for your feedback! The Brilliant Directories platform was designed so that anyone, despite their experience level with HTML or CSS, can successfully launch and manage a directory website. While more complex edits and customizations do require the editing of some HTML or CSS, the majority of the website settings are either point-and-click or drag-and-drop. We truly do value your input and will be sure to keep your suggestions in mind for our future updates. Many of our upcoming updates do reflect your suggestions to incorporate even more point-and-click options that don't require any HTML or CSS knowledge. We love hearing what our users have to say so that we can continue making the platform even more easy to use. Thanks for the review!

Replied October 2016

PAUL

July 2016

The only Directory platform you'll want or need...

I wanted to open an online directory and did my research online. I didn't have alot of money or time and wanted something easy to setup without hours and dollars spent customising as i'm a perfectionist. Enter BrilliantDirectories.com I paid their comparatively tiny fee and placed the directory theme on my domain. The default theme is good but the ability to edit it is very easy so I spent a while changing the theme to my liking. The SEO,features and everything required to run an online directory are included and I imported some businesses very easily. Note , their admin shows a 10GB LIMIT but this can be ignored , I went over the limit of data but BD allow this so there are no limitations when using BrilliantDirectories. The site is currently live at PURELOCAL.com.au and it is great. I highly suggest purchasing the lifetime licence , 1 domain lifetime licence is what I got but am considering spending a little more to get lifetime licences for 5 domains. Their server appears to have constant uptime and all server/ftp/etc edits can be done including htaccess , gzip , ssl , security , optimisation , etc. There is 1 other service offering the same .. service..which I viewed online but their default themes were ugly and their prices higher. In terms of support with your BD site - they have an online forum and ticket system which will answer your questions within 1-2 days. Because they are popular they answer alot of support tickets therefore I wouldn't demand an immediate answer as your request takes 1-2 days to investigate and aptly respond to. All you need to perfect or edit the design of your BD store is a mediocre knowledge of CSS - but if you're not computer savvy at all , you'll still be able to run your own great looking online directory... I'm rating BrilliantDirectories a 4.9/5 ... if you're a user of BD and require my help with something , please contact me through PURELOCAL AUSTRALIA. All the best and best of luck with your BD site! PAUL

Pros

AFFORDABLE EASY TO USE NO COMPETITION GOOD TECHNICAL SUPPORT HIGH QUALITY TEMPLATES GOOD SEO RELIABLE SERVERS ALL BASES COVERED HIGHLY CUSTOMISABLE

Cons

NO CONS THAT COME TO MIND

Response from Brilliant Directories

Hi Paul, Thanks so much for the stunning review - we're glad your directory has taken off without a hitch! We understand how important good tech support is to our customers. We typically respond to tickets within 1 business day, though we do appreciate your understanding if it takes slightly longer. Our team is always just a click away to help make your dream website a reality. Cheers!

Replied July 2016

Susan

Time used: Free Trial

May 2015

Confused by support emails and options

Have been getting regular emails about support. One that arrived the other day said would cost $2000. to set up my website, and want to know, how much of a setup is that? Will you find an appropriate template? Set colors? Upload my logo? Discuss with me and set options for membership levels? Discuss with me and upload categories from plan? Can you send me any links from websites you did the setup and they went live? In addition I recall asking for basic training but no one got back to me about a time to set that up. Instead I got an email to complete to get developer bids. Seems like I'm responding to your emails request for response, and not sure if anyone is actually reading them and responding... which leaves me confused. Hiring a developer may be too expensive for me. The other day I responded to one of your emails and attached the startup plan excel document and you said you could set up my website for $200. if that includes colorizing, choosing a template that will shine, communicating with me so categories and membership levels are good, my logo is uploaded and looking good on background and my site looks professional, and is truly ready to go... ready to sell... ready to use to look up local restaurants, etc. Great! Bottomline is if you can get me up and going, looking and working good for $200., will use my logo, and discuss with me how to manage the site, I would love to move ahead and do that, and want to know how to get that clarified and move forward. Right now I'm confused as to how to find out more details about the levels of support, what I really get (such as I have a domain at godaddy or hostgator so how does that work?), and seems when I do respond to your emails for support -- like I thought I booked a getting started session request -- yet no one got back to me with a response about actually setting up the training time. So am confused and want to forge ahead... otherwise... love you folks :) Thanks!

Response from Brilliant Directories

Hi Susan, Thank you for your message. We are always happy to help - especially if this is your first directory website with us. 99% of users can start customizing their sites with colors, images, text, membership levels and more after watching some of the GETTING STARTED video guides. Here's a link to find some easy video guides to show you how to set up all the aspects of your directory website. The first video is "WELCOME TO BRILLIANT DIRECTORIES": http://support.brilliantdirectories.com/support/solutions/articles/5000610378-welcome-to-brilliant-directories It shows first-time users some of the most basic features of the software. As always, please feel free to browse our Knowledge Base and join discussions in the community forums here: http://support.brilliantdirectories.com/support/discussions/5000044830 We wish you great success with your directory website. Help is just a click away! - Brilliant Directories

Replied May 2015

Jon

Great Value

Generally good ... I will say I haven't used it as much as I have hoped but ultimately that is on me ....

Pros

I really like the webinar Wednesdays when I have attended them, I will admit it has been a while but see the additional training as valuable. I find the software robust and while my website building skills are on the lower end I can usually figure out how to use the software, it might take me a little longer but ultimately I usually figure it out.

Cons

In some ways the same as my pros in that it can be somewhat difficult and overwhelming at times but that has to do more with my skill level but generally I find a way so not too much of a complaint here.

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

I was initially with RelyLocal which is similar to a franchise model and felt limited by the options their software offered social set out to look for my own opinion and narrowed it down to Brilliant Directories and one other of which their name escapes me at the moment .... I came close to going with them because they offer a mobile app but ultimately found Brilliant Directories a better value with more options so once I was informed getting an app added was possible and relatively easy to do when I want to I decided this was the way to go. My initial directory has essentially been placed on hold as my mother in law needs full time care and lives over an hour from where we lived and ran a "shop local" directory so life changed our path but we have ideas on how to get rolling in 2021.

Ceslovas

Finally I have made a decision!

I have been looking for a platform for creating business software and its vendors directory. I analyzed many Word Press Directory Themes available on the market and decided not to compile my system from numerous plugins but to use integrated platform devoted for this purpose. After comparing Market Grabber, eDirectory and Brilliant Directories platforms I have chosen the last one. Pros: 1. Convenient directory structure. I will use Listing feature for Vendors and Product feature for software systems. 2. Continually developing leads generating module. 3. Perfectly developed users training and support system (videos, documentation, community forums'). Cons: 1. There is not possible to set up hierarchical structure for products feature. 2. Products rating and review functionality is missing. 3. Not very flexible pricing setting system for different membership levels. It would be nice to set additional payments for every category and service area.

Cons

Response from Brilliant Directories

Hi Ceslovas. Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you've found our training and support resources helpful. We are constantly adding new material to our Support Center to make sure our users have as many resources at their disposal as possible. I also appreciate the cons you laid out - these help us improve the software. Regarding the pricing system for your different members, while individual membership levels are limited to the pricing options you set for them, you can create more niche/specific membership levels for certain categories or service areas. You can then set different payment options for those - just another option :) Thank you again for your feedback!!

Luis

My Great Experience with Brilliant Directories

It has been exceptional, I love the videos like I told representative, I stay up late at night just watch them. They are great educational tools. The conference calls are great because you get to learn from other entrepreneurs from all over the world. I didn't have that experience with the other company., or maybe they didn't stress it enough as Brilliant directory does. The other great experience I had in the last few days, is the call that I get from the owners of Brilliant directory, representative a co-owner calls me to congratulate me on my site. That tells me that they are paying attention to what new business owners are doing, it tells me that they are not just for our money, but also for the success of our business. That is key!

Pros

I really don't know where to start. There are so many great features that brilliant Directories offer. I love the different themes and ideas that the Brilliant Directory provides for me and my company. I have been with E-directory for several years, and I sometimes feel that they don't want to be bothered, on the other hand, I get the feeling that the owners and staff of Brilliant Directory make me feel that if they don't help us to succeed they won't succeed. That is a great attitude to have in any business. At first, it bothered me about the 15 minutes call they grant us, but after 2 sessions with Representative, he was able to show me how to build my site in less than 15 minutes.

Cons

Cons I can't speak of any. I haven't had any bad experience as of yet I don't foresee any, they are very organized with their product, knowledge, and training.

Reasons for choosing Brilliant Directories

I think I already mention above why I cancel my subscription with E-Directory and switch with Brilliant Directory. I wish had discovered brilliant directory years ago.

Cristina

Great Software and Awesome costumer service but not efficient support

I signed up for the system because I can see the potential of the system but I am having difficulties in using more advanced setting due to lack of information and support. 3 stars for ease of Use and 1 star for Customer Support because it is easy mainly to do very basic things demonstrated with the videos provided. It was very easy for me to understand how to implement the menu and add new items to the menu but when I asked support for my menu to be the same as Brilliant Directories demo it took a long time for me to have it done even though I sent the link to the demo the way I wanted. I received the link to the video showing how to manage the menus 3 times even though I was saying that I have learned that already. By now there are a lot of pending things that are not happening in terms of support. The ticket system is not efficient. It takes a lot of time for the ticket to be responded and when responded a lot of times is with another questions and your answer opens another ticket which takes even more time to be responded. Kelvin Vaughan is amazing and promptly responds every time you contact him. A suggestion to improve the awesome service Kelvin provides as representative of Brilliant Directories would be someone in the support team who could take care of everything the client would need to just start right after signing up, because the support is deficient and is not giving the high level of service Kelvin represents and gives on a personal level.

Pros

I wrote in my feedback

Cons

Inefficient Customer support

Response from Brilliant Directories

Hi Cristina. Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We hear what you're saying and we will do everything we can to improve our customer support. Sometimes our support team gets a bit back logged when an influx of support tickets are submitted, but we are committed to our 24 hour-maximium response times. And while our users wait for a response, we do encourage them to browse our free support center which has hundreds of support documents and video tutorials, along with participating in our community forums. But I absolutely understand where you are coming from and we will be working to improve our customer support. We sincerely thank you for your honest feedback, it's what helps us make our product and support even better. Thank you!

Delyse

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Fantastic product, easy to use

Such a beautiful, practical product which you can start using straight away. The team at Brilliant Directories are terrific and there are many avenues to find support if you need it. Excellent value for money considering this is a complete website that you can start using to generate income after just a few steps. Navigation from both the back end and front end is easy, user friendly and fast. Easy to integrate with my existing wordpress site through links - I love that it is a stand alone product. Really happy!

Pros

How user friendly it is and the clean layout and design. I also like that it is a stand alone product. The features are comprehensive and I know will be excellent value for my customers.

Cons

The upload of the categories didn't work for me via the csv file however I am yet to discuss with the support team what I may have been doing wrong.

Response from Brilliant Directories

Hi Delyse. Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We are thrilled the software is working as needed. I completely understand where you are coming from regarding support and that is a major facet of the company that we are currently working to improve. Feedback like yours helps us in doing that. Thank you!

William

I highly recommend Brilliant Directories!

I have been with Brilliant Directories for several years. Their platform is the absolute best for running a powerful directory. Working with reps. is really phenomenal. It is really amazing to me that I can easily set up and run a powerful membership website. What I love the most about Brilliant Directories is their outstanding support staff, hundreds of online step-by-step videos, Webinar Wednesdays, and extensive online documentation. People that work at this company don’t just want to sell you a website package. Instead, they are all about creating successful business relationships! They fully understand that their customers’ success is their future success. Their Bootstrap framework provides the flexibly for each particular business needs. Thank God I no longer have to deal with trying to get a theme and a countless number of plugins to work together. I have 4 websites with Brilliant Directories now and plan to add many more in the future. If you are looking to get your business online, I highly recommend Brilliant Directories. They are #1 for a reason!

Pros

Having the 50+ dynamic add-ons provides me a website comparable to those of billion dollar companies.

Cons

My experience with Brilliant Directories has been PERFECT.

Brilliant Directories