All VolunteerMatters Reviews

Curtis

Great Volunteer Management Tool

The largest benefit is having all volunteer data in one location. With 19 locations, we were previously using different methods across the Association. VolunteerMatters has given us the tool to be able to house everything in one location and make the experience for volunteers the same no matter which location they engage at

PROS

Scheduling and hours tracking to make sure that we are managing volunteers to be the most effective in support of our programs and our organization as a whole

CONS

There are a few features that would be nice to have for both the administrative and end-user aspects. But having said that, the team at VolunteerMatters is great to work with and open to listening to thoughts/ideas/suggestions that may help improve their platform

Reason for choosing VolunteerMatters

VolunteerMatters gave use the best-fitting solution and customizations that would fit the needs we were looking for. It also had the capacity to handle multiple locations with many volunteers with a structure that was easy to set up, easy to manage and allowed flexibility for the volunteer to match their skills with a volunteer role

Thank you Curtis! We love our YMCA customers. We are so grateful to be working with such a great organization. Thank you for such an awesome endorsement for larger volunteer organizations that have distributed requirements across an enterprise of locations and departments. We like the hard stuff. We are weird like that :P

Sunshine

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Easy, Breezy, VolunteerMatters

Overall, VolunteerMatters has been a vast improvement in volunteer management for our city. We are successfully registering new volunteers and keeping track of our hours to report to our governing boards. If a problem arises, we know we will get personal support that will work with us to find a solution.

PROS

The team at VolunteerMatters made what could have been a very time consuming and stressful migration of volunteer management systems a breeze. We were assigned a very kind and helpful staff member to help us learn and troubleshoot during our set up phase, and we were able to learn the system very quickly.

CONS

While the pros far outweigh the cons, there is still room for improvement with VolunteerMatters. In cases like the volunteer shift check in/out process, there could be more admin control created for when accidents happen like volunteers forgetting their VolunteerMatters password or simply forgetting to check in or out. In cases where forgetting happens, the admin cannot manually complete the check in/out, but can only enter the total number of hours worked (which puts more on the admin's plate!).

Reason for choosing VolunteerMatters

We reviewed about five volunteer management systems and chose this option for the accessible real-person support, value of the product use aligning with price, and customization options of fields and projects.

Reasons for switching to VolunteerMatters

Our previous system was not user friendly and was not providing as smooth of an experience as would be expected for the price we paid.

Nikki

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Happy to be with VolunteerMatters

PROS

Ease of use for volunteers and admins, updates to the software are seamless, customer support is the best I've ever experienced, development is open to new/improved features

CONS

Finding subject matter in online support doc's can be cumbersome.

Reason for choosing VolunteerMatters

The options and opportunities for collaboration with their developers was greater.

Reasons for switching to VolunteerMatters

Grew in volunteer numbers to the point we needed a more sophisticated solution.

Ashley

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Perfect for our needs

PROS

I appreciate the intuitive, easy to use platform, the plethora of information available in training videos and the help blogs, and the ease of launching the software. I also appreciate the new features that come out periodically, and the people who run VolunteerMatters are so kind to work with. The software took our volunteer program digital and it's been incredibly efficient.

CONS

There truly isn't anything that comes to mind - everything we've had a need for there is an opportunity to find a solution (sometimes associated with a fair cost).

Samantha

Military, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

We love VolunteerMatters!

Exceptional! Everyone I've met/spoken with at VolunteerMatters has been amazing! They're helpful, friendly, and very easy to work with! The platform is everything we need and more to manage our Volunteer base.

PROS

VolunteerMatters is so customizable and works really well for us. We are able to easily manage 500+ active Volunteers while maintaining different credentials, contacts, sites, and projects. Their support team is very responsive and helpful! [sensitive content hidden] has provided exceptional monthly training and has shown me how to use a lot of the features to make things even easier!!

CONS

The Advanced Contact search I think is sometimes difficult to use.

Reason for choosing VolunteerMatters

The Team! Everyone is amazing, and we felt they had the best customer service! Also, the platform is perfect for what we need!

Megan

All in One System

We moved our volunteer system from paper to online with VolunteerMatters.

PROS

This software is user-friendly and is ever-changing with feedback from the consumer.

CONS

There has been no 'kiosk' option to check-in volunteers but I hear that changes are in the works.

Reason for choosing VolunteerMatters

It had the right functionalities with the right price for our organization.

You'll be happy to know, there is a kiosk option and has been for some time! We'll have your account manager reach out today to provide you with details. :)

Courtney

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Volunteer Matters makes your job ridiculously easy!

Wonderful!! No complaints! They made the transition from my former VMS a breeze with weekly Teams Meetings and easy step by step instructions.

PROS

For a year in my current position, I had to suffer through another VMS because we were under contract. The reports were pre set and did not reflect the information I needed....PLUS when I had a question, I had to email them, they then sent an email to confirm, THEN hours later they would respond with a video to "help", which rarely did. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at Volunteer Matters is usually available via their live chat and if not, he responds within an hour to your question. The level of customer service at Volunteer Matters is a huge game changer for me!

CONS

The ability to connect data from Volunteer Matters into our CRM Salesforce is clunky. Volunteer Matters suggests using Zapier, which charges and additional fee for Salesforce. However, after talking to Salesforce, we have figured out a way to upload the csv export I produce from Volunteer Matters. Not automatic, which would be ideal - but infinitely better than me entering the info myself.

Reason for choosing VolunteerMatters

I had used them in a previous position and knew how amazing their product and team was

Reasons for switching to VolunteerMatters

The customer service with Galaxy was crap and the reports could not be customized.

Thank you for your very kind review! We are very happy that the move from your old system to ours was "a breeze". With regard to integration with Salesforce, we can do a direct integration with an Enterprise subscription. The integration offered via Zapier is quite slick but you are correct that it requires a separate subscription to Zapier as it acts as the intermediary between VolunteerMatters and Salesforce. They offer a free version of their product which does limit the number and types of "zaps". However, many customers are very satisfied with their "Starter" plan at just $19.99/mo.

Dina

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Great customer service. Great tools to manager our volunteers.

Overall great experience. Customer service is great. Helps keep our volunteers organized.

PROS

The software is very easy to use. Volunteers do not need help setting up or using the software. It allows our volunteers to look at the calendar and manager their volunteer shifts. It is also easy to track their time and shifts. It is helpful that we can communicate with volunteers and provide messages. It has also helped us streamline volunteer registration and paperwork. Customer service is great. When we do have a question or issues it is handled quickly.

CONS

Wish that there was an option for volunteers to check in for shifts or events via phone. Also would like the ability to be able to attach attachments in communications.

We're so happy to see that you are 10-out-of-10 likely to recommend us to other volunteer programs! Thank you for that vote of confidence. It is very much appreciated. I did want to also make it super duper clear that you can absolutely have your volunteers check in/out from their phones! All of our subscription plans provide this capability. Volunteers receive confirmations and reminders via text and/or email. The day-of reminder provides a link for the volunteer to check-in from their mobile phone. On a per project basis you may also set whether the check-in process uses geo-locating to assure the volunteer is on-premises prior to allowing check-in. Per project settings determine whether volunteers are only required to check-in once, giving the volunteer credit for their entire shift or requiring them to check in and out, giving them credit for the actual time between check in and out. We even have rules to consider those volunteers who forget to check out!

Dana

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

The customer service and ease of use for volunteers are top notch!

I am so thankful to the support team at VolunteerMatters. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped us set up our new system and allowed us to take as much time as we needed. He answered a million questions that I asked and always followed up when he said he would. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the support staff and how they will bend over backwards to help you.

PROS

We recently upgraded to the newest version of VolunteerMatters and we LOVE how easy it is for volunteers to use. The software is clean and simple. I love having the ability to add graphics to different projects and signing up for a shift is straightforward. Setting up new projects is easy once you get the hang of it and you have control over what and when volunteers can see in the system.

CONS

There's not a ton of customization you can do on your own (aside from graphics and the view for different pages). I wish you could see all the shifts for a project immediately without having to scroll to the month they've been scheduled in. I also wish you could delete multiple shifts or projects at once instead of doing it individually and having to scroll through the months again. All of these are small complaints but if these were fixed it would make our experience a lot better!

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback. Stay tuned for some new features. We have a new release coming out this week. :)

Genita

Individual & Family Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

VolunteerMatters Streamlines Our Volunteer Management

Streamlining volunteer registration and paperwork was the number one goal and it has been met through the use of VolunteerMatters. An added benefit is being able to better track various aspects of the many projects we have going during our busy seasons.

PROS

First, VolunteerMatters simplifies volunteer registration. The software collects all of the "paperwork" for us, saving us hours of manually tracking down signatures and drivers' licenses!Second, VolunteerMatters is useful as a central location where volunteers can upload required documents, especially our CDL volunteers who have to provide us with current required documents throughout the year. Additionally, the email function within VM functions as an efficient tool to email large groups of volunteers using the report filtering tools within the software all at once. It also works well to email just a few persons.The list views within the software overall work well and it is helpful to be able to sort by several fields instead of just one (as another major CRM software restricts us to).The project feature has given us a mechanism to track many details regarding the cases at which our volunteers serve.Finally, the customer service is exceptional. I nearly always receive a response within an hour to my inquiries. The immediate "chat" feature is super helpful and the technician is also available to do zoom calls if need be.

CONS

The report ("list") feature could be improved. We are not able to manipulate the filters as precisely as we would like to.

Thank you so much for your flattering review! We absolutely love having you as a customer. You are the best :)

Barona

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Volunteer Matters Is Crucial To Our Organization

PROS

Since we started using Volunteer Matters, our volunteer program has grown to become a more significant and substantial component of our organization. The ease of use of Volunteer Matters makes our volunteer opportunities approachable and appealing. I use Volunteer Matters every day and am easily able to gather information about the status of our current volunteer shifts as well as our volunteer community. Our organization also regularly uses the communication tools which have proved to be very effective in recruiting volunteers and staffing shifts at the last minute. Lastly, the portal insigns and feedback features have provided much needed information to our organization that allows us to develop our volunteer program based off of input from volunteers.

CONS

What I would like to see most from Volunteer Matters is further developed communication tools. I would like the ability to communicate directly with volunteers for a specifc shift regarding shift changes or cancellations. I also would like the ability to see previous communications with volunteers, including the text of the email. Lastly, it would be helpful to be able to adjust the date range for the data displayed in the Portal Insights. This would be helpful when our grant reporting requires information for specific date ranges.

Thank you for the very kind review and suggestions :) With regard to emailing volunteers assigned to a specific shift, you can absolutely do this today! You can easily send communications to all assignees to that shift or individual assignees. I will have support reach out directly with more information.

Replied December 2022

Anu

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

A Platform that Grows with our Organization

We are able to communicate more directly with individual volunteers, keep up with them if we haven't seen them in a while, and receive clear feedback on their experiences.

PROS

The seamless integration into our website, branding, and user-friendly experience is by far the best feature of VolunteerMatters.

CONS

There is no option to bulk delete shifts if there has been a schedule change in our programming.

Pricing

Thanks for your great review! I'm happy to let you now that in addition to bulk edit of shifts (which you've been able to do for quite some time) we will be adding bulk delete in our next quarterly release!

Jacqueline

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

An Excellent Volunteer Management Tool

PROS

We found VolunteerMatters at a time where we needed it most. We are an immigrant services and refugee resettlement organization, and during the Afghan Evacuation of 2021, our lines were blowing up with volunteers. We had an unmanageable amount of volunteers wanting to get involved and needed a way to harness the support for the many needs of our new clients. VolunteerMatters allowed us to have a user-friendly platform where volunteers could easily upload their clearances and sign up for a range of opportunities. I have been told that we have the most approachable volunteer system that out volunteers have seen, which I credit almost entirely to VolunteerMatters. I take pride in showing volunteers our project catalog because it looks clean, sleek, and accessible. Lastly, I would like to shoutout [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from customer support, who takes every question I have seriously and gives me a quick and accurate answer. Thank you VM!

CONS

I would like a more straight forward way for people to upload their credentials onto their profile without having to go through he project catalog.

Thank you for this awesome review. We are so honored to be associated with such a great cause and humbled to be a part of your success.

Emily

International Affairs, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Exactly What We Need

I can't say enough great things about [sensitive content hidden] in customer support. He has an incredible response time and never expresses annoyance in the frequency of my inquiries. He also makes learning how to fix the problem myself easy to understand, so instead of having to ask [sensitive content hidden] again for help, I can usually do it myself. Give the man a raise.

PROS

Our favorite feature in VolunteerMatters is the ability to log hours served volunteering into a volunteer's profile. Our organizations relies on this information to track the status of a volunteer and for funding from grants, and it couldn't be easier. Even our less tech-savvy volunteers can do it!

CONS

We have experienced some glitches with the integration of other software into our VolunteerMatters account, but customer service is always there to make it right.

Reasons for switching to VolunteerMatters

First one was better suited for donors.

Caroline

Reviewed December 2022

VolunteerMatters - Great for Tracking Large Volunteer Programs

VolunteerMatters has made it much easier to recruit, onboard, and manage data for our volunteer program. The staff at VolunteerMatters have been responsive and helped us customize use of the software to our organization's specific needs.

PROS

VolunteerMatters has made it much easier for us to track volunteer activity and credentials over time. Our YMCA engages more than 1,000 volunteers each year through more than 25 different sites. Now that we are using VolunteerMatters we are not asking volunteers to complete the same credentials multiple times when they volunteer at additional locations. We can also track volunteer history, training and background checks. It makes onboarding easier for both staff and volunteers.

CONS

VolunteerMatters is still adding new reporting features. There is not always a report that provides the specific information we want. Tech Support has been responsive and has created new reports. There is also a tagging feature we have begun using which helps.

Thank you for such an awesome review! I wanted to return the favor and tout your accomplishments over the past year. In 2022, you had 1,725 unique volunteers, who worked 3,622 Assignments, for a total of 31,934 hours across 154 projects across your 25 locations managed by 86 different members of your wonderful staff! What an amazing impact your volunteer program has made!!!

Liz

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Great platform for volunteers!

Overall our experience with VolunteerMatters has been great and what really stands out is customer service of the VolunteerMatters team. At any point when a question arises, the VM team is quick to help us and will hop on a call at any time. We've enjoyed our experience with VolunteerMatters and would recommend it to other organizations.

PROS

Our organization loves the ease of creating volunteer opportunities, the option for integrated background checks, and the ability to design the application as we need. It is simple from both the administrator side and the volunteer side.

CONS

The VM software is simple, but as with any software it takes some time to learn the in's and out's of everything it can offer. But once we made sure to set aside time to train our employees and go through the online trainings we discovered that is was fairly simple and offered a wide range of help on their website.

Thank you so much for your awesome review. We are so happy you've discovered so much value with our service. Yay!

Shannon

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Great Customer Service/Support

PROS

I like the online support/chat feature. I use it all the time when I run into a snag. Their support representatives are quick to respond and usually have a fix within minutes. I also can't say enough about our Account Manager, [sensitive content hidden] He has been so helpful. When I couldn't find a time to do a virtual call, he created a quick "how to" video so I could train a new project organizer.

CONS

I wasn't in my role when we transitioned to VolunteerMatters, but I would have loved to have in-person training for all of our program directors. We did ask, but it was too costly for our non-profit.

Veterinary, 51-200 employees