• Pros

• "The amazing number of features. The support is awesome and the costs are reasonable."

• "It is very easy to use, I like that I can update member information and it reflect immediately. "

• "Easy to use, interface for web design is great. Easy to edit site. "

• Cons

• "It has almost too many options. LOL - it is getting hard to navigate, but on the other hand I like the ability to use the additional options. "

• "A few features aren't intuitive, but these are mostly the "behind the scenes" administrative tasks."

• "There are some issues that have not been resolved. The response has been good in fixing issues. However, the past president still appears on invoices and member renewal emails. "

Browse ClubExpress Reviews

Martin from McLean (Va) Citizens Association

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Solid service offering and very good value

We needed a product/service that handled membership operations (dues, renewals, info updates, mailings) without depending on continuous availability of a "computer-techie" volunteer or a paid IT support contractor. ClubExpress meets this core requirement very reliably at quite reasonable no-contract monthly fee based on active membership. The integrated Website functionality lets us have an on-line secure repository for our documents accessible by all or various subsets of membership. Included telephone and email support from ClubExpress is responsive and available to any member (not just a few admins.) Overall we are quite satisfied with the service and consider it very well worth the fees.

Pros

Completely Cloud-based Most functions menu-driven and accessible without requiring "superuser" access or professional technology expertise Access-controls to support Members-only information/functions, driven by Membership database Includes basically unlimited SMTP (email sending) for membership bulk mailing "Ahead of the curve" on compliance with privacy protections High reliability

Cons

Component "building blocks" don't fit perfectly with the usage patterns of our (local civic) organization Limited site-performance data collection or analytics built in Editing function (for generating emailings, news articles, etc) is a little complex for completely non-technical users, and a little rough.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

We looked at a "top ten" list to select initial candidates and then did a more detailed comparison against about 20 criteria of ClubExpress vs. Wild Apricot, another strong candidate. One key plus for ClubExpress was the ability to allow Website and membership management functions to be selectively delegated to club officials like Committee Chairs or the Treasurer, everything didn't have to flow through one or two super-users/admins. Another was the "building-block" approach of composing a Website using a variety of standard functions (e.g. News, Event Calendar) that are configured and maintained via menus (vs. coding of any kind.) We also liked their cost model, and included unlimited phone support, bulk emailing and on-line storage.

Vern from Golden Link Folk Singing Society

Industry: Music

Good Software for Clubs

I can easily get the reports that I need: lists of people who have purchased tickets; or lists of people buying memberships either through PayPal (or finances application) or by cash or check. I like the Event Calendar portion of the software. Most often I am entering just Basic Information and Location. I like being able to add a linkable email address or website, and to include a contact phone number. Having a button to include a hot link to a map application is great. The ability to make multiple copies of an event, either recurring weekly or monthly, is wonderful. I am still learning some of the other features such as having an event that spans multiple days. The Money tab features are broad, but include the things that I need as a treasurer. I primarily use Trans/Payments by Account to get information on activity. This I check almost daily. User Payments/Credits lets me see who has paid by cash/check versus by PayPal. Finally being able to click on an event on our home page, go to Administrator Option, and then create a report makes preparation for a concert very easy.

Pros

Club Express is easy to navigate. The learning curve was relatively brief for the things that I use: aspects of the People tab to locate members or update membership, the Website tab to access and update the Event Calendar, and the Money tab to keep tabs on purchases of tickets or memberships. The Event Calendar is full featured. Some events recur with slight change from month to month, and this is easy to enter. Other events might recur irregularly, but it is easy to search for an event and duplicate it with changes. There are lots of options in some of the menus, and it takes some time to determine what is the best choice. I like to view some reports online as a pdf, other times I prefer downloading in MS Excel format or csv format.

Cons

No real issues anywhere. The wealth of options can be overwhelming at first, but it is quick to learn.

Deborah from League of Women Voters of Boulder County, CO

Hard to Imagine Managing Without It!

Very good. We especially appreciate their willingness to adapt to a long-term goal of using the system to connect local chapters to theirs state ones and mesh the local and national databases.

Pros

This software has greatly improved our outreach and communications internally and externally and thus increased the scope and effectiveness of our organization, all the while being relatively easy to use. We can manage our member database easily and have saved much volunteer time though automated volunteer sign-up and member and event management, not to mention communications to our membership. The support response has been excellent with one support person assigned to our account, with others available if that person isn't. Club Express is continually improving and expanding what it can offer.

Cons

There are occasional issues such as non-members having difficulty joining if they have been on our non-member mailing list due to a conflict of their login as a non-member. The person attempts to join via the website without an administrator knowing they are trying to do this, and thus they are not able to join. Club Express has indicated it is working on a solution to this issue.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

ClubExpress was rated one of the best by PC Magazine when we investigated options. Then, we found one of our other local Leagues had been using the software and highly recommended it. Having that League's guidance on how they had installed and used it convinced us to choose it. Also, Club Express seemed to offer us a better possibility of linking all our local and state chapters through it.

Jill from Oak Park Art League

Meh

I was here with ClubExpress was chosen by management but had very little training on it as I left the organization shortly after. Now I am back in a management capacity and there are still many things that are clunky about the platform. It seems to take a very long time to get the hang of the ins and outs and has caused at least one ex-employee to cry. Seriously. I have stuck with it, and it does become easier, but SOOOO much time to figure some of it out. The videos have been a bit helpful but often it is just easier to ask a colleague how to do something in the system rather than have to sit thru a 10 minute video and only have 1/2 of the question answered.

Pros

It keeps all of our customer history information in one place.

Cons

It can be rather clunky and sometimes just will not save things they way they were typed or created. It is not very intuitive and there always seems to be a 'work around' needed.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

Management at the time chose Club Express because it worked well with the website host we were using. Now we are switching hosting and it will be easier to have most of the information be moved over to the new host and use ClubExpress for only the necessary items.

Brian from Colorado Pilots Association

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reasonably good site for hosting club web presence

The support has been great. I work in a support role in my day job and I must say calling CE is a frictionless experience. I've emailed on a Saturday or Sunday and gotten responses back during that time - usually because my question is either answered, or the issue fixed. Overall, my experience with Club Express has been good. There's a long list of things I'd love to improve, but for what the software does, it does it reasonably well.

Pros

The hosting software does a reasonably good job in helping create a packaged online presence. For someone not familiar with creating a website there is a lot to be done when creating a site, from the server setup (and administration), creating databases, store functionality (credit card transactions) and other programming. Club Express has all of this packaged up into one reasonably easy to deploy environment. There are certain methodologies which you have to understand in order to best use the site software, but this isn't any different than learning any other software package. With any software/site support is absolutely essential to helping smooth out the rough edges and I've found Club Express support to be very helpful and I can usually get my issues squared away within one call and certainly less than a day.

Cons

While the site is easy to put up, there are some areas where the design is a bit clunky and challenging to use. As long as you stay within their parameters you're probably be fine, but no single organization fits perfectly into that box. Sometimes it's easier to change the code than it is to change the organization culture... other times, the culture has to change to fit the code. Neither of those operations can be very comfortable. One usually requires money, the other usually requires many meetings and often tears as old ways have to change. The site software tries to do many things and given the demand of everyone going mobile these days, the mobile software falls short. It's far FAR easier to to manage on a desktop than on a phone or tablet. Their recently released texting functionality is a great example. Neat feature - but completely unusable unless you're at a computer. Can you do it on a phone? Sure - but the mirad of menus one has to navigate through to send a text makes it useless. It's better just to start a group text before the event and use that going forward.

Toni from Laguna Plein Air Painters Association

Anxious to Get Started

We believe we've made the right decision with our switch to ClubExpress and that they will provide the support needed for our nonprofit to sustain and grow. Presently we are behind schedule for completing the set up, so we are anxious to finish and get to work.

Pros

ClubExpress appears to be the prefect solution for our nonprofit art organization as an affordable integrated member management program with the added web-based features we desired (directory, calendar, storefront, photo albums, custom video page). We appreciate the available tutorials and webinars. Our set up is not yet complete, so we are not presently fully operational, but we anticipate that our first impressions will soon proven correct.

Cons

We're behind schedule on completing our set up for various reasons, but from what we have been able to learn and accomplish so far, we found some of our biggest challenges in the areas related to edit windows with what we perceive as inconsistencies with tools and formats (i.e., we can't add a linked button to the homepage but we can accomplish this task in a news article). We're used to the ease of "drag and drop" templates and applications that we use now, so we are struggling a bit to learn how to use the new tools, symbols and options being offered that are not as intuitive to us. We're challenged with the photo upload variations. Volunteer opportunities don't have the option to be added to the calendar. Storefront products can't be copied to save time in adding multiple inventory variations of the same product type. The program allows for multi-level Membership Types but we had to pay extra for a customization to show the Membership Type in the Member Directory. This being said, we are confident that ClubExpress will prove to be the best solution for our needs and that we will continue to learn and appreciate what ClubExpress has to offer.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

Initial cost and perceived better customer support

Mimi from Duke Campus Club

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great for a simple social organization

Implementing this system has been really helpful to our organization overall. First, there are multiple Admins so no critical dependencies ( a big problem for us before). And more and more members are paying online with credit cards so fewer trips to the bank for the Treasurer. And renewals are considerably more successful. Having the calendar widget on the home page has made registering for events much easier for members. We use the Emailing module for our newsletters so they are accessible in a tab in the nav bar.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use once you get started. We have a fairly simple set of requirements since we are a social organization and therefore don't use a lot of features. We do use it for events and membership renewal. The automation of the notices for the renewal feature is really helpful. The events module is very good though it has some limitations. The very best thing about CE is that the support is really fantastic. They are very responsive and I mostly get an answer to my question the first time I try.

Cons

Emailing. It is very clunky and often, even after testing, the final product does not look good (wrong justifications, colored background of header texts). And there is no record of the email going out (how many people got it, bounces etc --that info goes to the sender but there is no area where it is retained. The other feature we don't like is that you cannot have closed groups, that is groups that cannot have more members. So we have to hide those groups which make it impossible for the members or leader of those groups to access the email feature for communications (leader to member) or look at the internal page (the blue circle with the white "i"). And we don't like it that there are some features that are required to be used and cannot be suppressed, like the News tab which is useless to us.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

The product was much more complete than competitive products. The support was terrific and there is another local organization who liked it.

Neal from Utah Rocket Club, Inc.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reduces Club Officer Work and Improves Member involvement

The decision to move our web presence to ClubExpress has been good. Our group is small so cost was a concern but the overall ease of membership renewals and ease of updating content makes up for it. Plus the ability to have events that can be paid and registered all through our website has been a huge improvement and has allowed the website to bring in enough new funds that it has displaced the costs.

Pros

THe software is stable, relatively easy to use and has the functionality that are needed for a non-profit organization or club. Overall the tool is a great solution. I don't have to spend hours updating a CMS system and no longer have to worry about hackers attacking my site and having to fix/rebuild it. The support staff is excellent and know their product and its capabilities very well.

Cons

Some of the interfaces are a little klugey to use. They are constantly improving them however. There are some limitations to what can be done in terms of customization and tailoring the workflow and overall appearance of the site. Nothing that is a showstopper, but it has slowed us down a couple of times. I do wish they would update some of the templates and have more responsive options.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

Functionality and price. ClubExpress was reasonably priced and we were not penalized for having a complete and robust site through them.

Jonathan from CoachNet Global

A Good Solution for the Cleveland ICF Chapter

ClubExpress has been a great solution for the chapter. We look good on the site, and we're able to do everything we want. Our team is excited to deploy more of the options available and raise our game even farther. As an all-in-one software option, ClubExpress helps us stay on top of what our members need.

Pros

The ClubExpress package has all the pieces we need in the ICF Cleveland chapter. We coordinate monthly events, manage membership in the chapter, and communicate what the chapter is all about. The software is easy to use, and has more options than we even need. ClubExpress is designed for uses like this, and we're excited to tap into even more of the capabilities. We also manage our mailing list with the software, and have had good success with that option.

Cons

The learning curve is pretty steep, and I don't find the software to be intuitive. However, the support system is an under-utilized asset for me. I suspect that once I have a better sense of the big picture strategy behind the software I will find the learning curve to be less steep.

Kyle from Kansas City Ski Club

Great Support and product

We have had club express about 8 years now, it is very easy to use and when we add events it walks you right through step by step. There was an update to the backend a couple years ago that made it easier for people to set everything up and a huge improvement! The con that I listed is more for being able to setup group emails from a mobile device as the editor tool has a floating builder on it that you can't close, on my phone it takes up the entire area of the email body so I am unable to create a email on the go, but otherwise it is great product to use especially from a desktop view

Pros

ease of setting up events and management of website

Cons

the updated emailing section just has a couple small quirks that could be easily improved on but not major at all

John from SIR Branch 134

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Comprehensive Cloud Based System for organizing, managing and growing membership based non-profits

1. Public and Private (member login required) website. Implemented within 30 days. 2. Membership database implemented in three days. 200+ member records bulk-load by Club Express in one day. 3. Sons in Retirement (SIR) is an interest (activities for men in their retirement years) based organization. The ClubExpress platform provides for creation and management of categorized interest groups of activities managed by designated member coordinators. Members may join or leave individual activities at any time. 4. Financial management of member dues payments and organization event registration and fee payments via an event calendar. 5. Availability of version and a mobile app

Pros

Comprehensive integrated cloud based software for a custom public/private website, member database management, club and activities organization, communications, financial management with access to on-line, telephone, user manuals and webinar customer support. The total monthly cost is based on the number of active members with no long term contract commitment. A 30 day trial period was provided which allowed ample time to review, learn and use the basic functions including configuring our initial website.

Cons

The Club Express platform is technically and functionally comprehensive. Our organization chose to implement the system ourselves rather than purchase and engage Club Express support. As a result many volunteer hours of effort from club members were required. A new function, text messaging, comes at extra cost which appears to our members as not justified. The News article function is good for brief, one page or less, articles. However, our organization monthly newsletter icurrently includes eight pages and is emailed in pdf format to most members, printed and post mailed to a few members. We must resort to using Microsoft Publisher and uploading the pdfs to a ClubExpress document folder, creating a custom page with links to the newsletter documents making the newsletter available on our website.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

Our organization is not a pubic service entity and does not solicit financial or in-kind donations. APLOS , an outstanding company, offers fund accounting and donor management along with member management and website. The ClubExpress platform and especially the Interests group function, fits our organization needs and focus.

Robert from SS Class Association

Industry: Maritime

Easy and Flexible Software

Overall, we are very happy with everything that ClubExpress provides for us. Their software and services are priced very reasonable, and the administrative tools make it very easy to perform weekly and monthly tasks to manage our members and their interests.

Pros

This software has all the tools necessary to build really great web pages for our sailing club. All the administrative features are available for managing our club members, and all the tools work well to manage our club documents and photos. The membership administration is superb, since it allows our members to manage their own contact information, and profiles. At the same time we can administer all our member subscriptions and activities in one place. Membership renewal is very important for our club, and the ClubExpress administrative features allow us to simplifiy this annual process.

Cons

Only a few hiccups were discovered. Originally we had some difficulty uploading groups of photos into our club's photo albums, but that issue seems to be resolved now. One other frustration is managing our historic documentation. There appears to be no way to view documents online, so members who wish to view an historic document must download the document to their computer. Consequently, we need to shrink the size of our documents, by dividing them up into smaller categories. That way the smaller documents are quicker to download, while our larger documents take much more time to download. We find this to be somewhat cumbersome with current technology.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

The ClubExpress software fits very well with our sailing club activities.

Matthew from International Coach Federation South Florida Chartered Chapter

End Board Member Burnout

More members, easier event planning, and marketing. We were recognized by our Global leadership for doubling our membership 2 years after implementation. Other chapters have asked for our help in implementing the same software and procedures.

Pros

We used free tools like Gmail, MailChimp, Weebly and Paypal. Nothing spoke to each other and our membership database was a nightmare. Membership, programming, and treasurer each kept separate databases and our records were a mess. Our committee did an exhaustive review of 5 software packages before deciding on Club Express. Now everything is in one place. We have doubled our membership and cut the workload for board members in half. 2 years after implementation our chapter was recognized for our leadership. Club Express was the reason. Simply automating renewals and dues reminders was huge. Tracking attendance and collecting satisfaction polls helped up to create programs that better serve our membership. The integration with the website keeps everyone informed. New events show up on the calendar. New members show up in our searchable member database from the homepage.

Cons

Software this powerful also requires some learning. Many of the functions have small "icons" instead of drop-down menus. It has taken me a while to learn the iconography and I often click the wrong option before finding the one I really want. I wish it was more intuitive, but that is a very subjective statement. Intuitive to me may not be that way for you. We have 3 board members that have become experts on Club Express and we have not had any issues training the next generation as they take over our chapter.

Catherine from International Association of Claim Professionals (IACP)

IACP Review of Club Express

My overall experience after identifying them as our new web platform has been overwhelmingly positive. No regrets for moving over to them at all

Pros

Ease of use, ability to program events, registration, payments and email communications, as well as Member management. Overall cost is reasonable and customer service is very good.

Cons

While the reports are voluminous, it should be easier to: Identify what data elemnents are in each report from an informational screen vs running each one to see what it includes. Filter a report for the information you need, choose my own data elements. The system is set-up to recognize the individual as the member and the reports are geared that way. Our group the company is the member so many of the reports leave that information out making it hard to run one report vs 3/4 and some outside Excel work. My group is international so better formating of phone numbers etc., is needed. Overall there should be an ability of a "Super User" to have more freedom creating reports Also a better export of data for my accountant from CE to QuickBooks On-line. Still doesnt work very well.

john from Calgary Ski Club

Club Express

less admin time, better reports, easier for members in most cases to sign up for events.

Pros

Fairly intuitive and easy to learn, lots of options, great support with manuals, videos and help screens. Can customize to a fair extend.

Cons

Very slow sometimes and glitchy. Sometimes out of the blue a function does not work properly. Ie when signing up for event we have a waiver that comes up that needs to be acknowledged. One person signs up OK. Then another person, same membership status, no changes on event, tries to sign up and the waiver does not appear. Lots of odd stuff like that. Mostly it just happens one time and you are left scratching your head. Then some thing similar happens in another function. A few functions are more complex and take longer than they should to complete. ANd there are a few processes that just don't make sense. ie The list of registrants appears or disappears depending on registration option setting which is stupid. If I set the option to show registrations, the list of registrations should show regardless of whether registrations ae open/closed/admin.

better options

Paul from Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club

Solid product - Okay development from ClubExpress

The final product is fantastic from our point of view. We have a much better web presence that communicates with our members, potential members, and the general community in ways that are clear, appealing, and functional. Getting to this point required a lot more time and effort on our part than we anticipated due in part to decisions we made as an organization, but also due in part to communication problems with CE. To be fair, when we brought those communication issues to light, CE was responsive within short order, but the process still required much more effort on our part than we had been told would be the case and more even than we anticipated. That said, if we had it to do over again, we would still make the switch to CE, but we might choose a different, less expensive implementation option than we chose the first go around.

Pros

* Contains all the features of our "must have list * Has most of the features of our "wish list" * Reliable service * Little to no downtime * Regular communication about issues with product features

Cons

* Software is fantastic but implementation team from CE struggled at times with communication * Sales and service seem to have a communication issue resulting in over-promising what can be delivered within a given time frame * Some elements are a bit clunky or cumbersome for our specific implementation

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

The ClubExpress option presented the best balance of cost and value for us. We are paying less than we would in any other mode other than completely self-maintained, and we do not have the issues with member burnout from the demands of maintaining a complex website at no pay in the evenings and on weekends.

George from Village Vettes Corvette Club

Club Express Fan

Very, very positive. Tech support is great, accessable, and quite clear in their responses.

Pros

It's tailored to clubs & social organizations making it's functionality ideal for us. The modules are, I believe, are unique to our (clubs) environment.

Cons

Formating is a bit of a PIA and can be cumbersome. Picture & photo upload is limited to resident computers only. There's no direct access to social media or cloud storage which is a definite negative. Event questions are very limited and do not offer If-Or linking. Event registrations can be confusing for the non- tech users/ members.

Ease of use.

Eleanor from Cultivate NSW

Review from the Land Downunder

We had a myriad of technologies from spreadsheets, to MailChimp, email, and a separate event booking software. We were paying a lot of transaction fees and nothing was integrated and everything was pretty much manually operated. Our membership and supporter database are growing very quickly. We are putting on more events and we wanted to increase member benefits by giving them a site where they could find resources, book events, advertise their businesses many other benefits. Our Executive Officer is employed up to five hours per week and prior to ClubExpress she was spending a lot of her time on ineffective and cumbersome manual processes. ClubExpress has freed her up to do more strategic functions.

Pros

We love the fact that it allows us to manage our small but growing association from one platform. It gives us a professional, low cost management tool to manage members, events, communications, and some of our finances. We particularly love the directory options (members, business and projects) that are spatially enabled and the ability to make some private and others public. We are looking forward to connecting with Quikbooks Lite to manage all of our finances and then we will have all functions in one platform.

Cons

Setting up newsletters is a little clunky. Design options are also a bit limited. Search functions are not intuitive - very techy and some are very long winded and somewhat old fashioned.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

Functionality, price, ease of use and responsiveness. It has made a huge difference to our association and we felt the difference immediately it went live. We lovvvvvvvvve it!:-)

Amy from Woodlands Newcomers and Friends

Club Express Review

The software has been great for keeping our resources in one place and visible to all of our members. It allows our members to be more in charge of their club experience. The financial side of our functions is much smoother now that we only accept credit cards through the website.

Pros

My group has many interest groups with in the larger club. The event calendar is great for letting our members know what is going on and getting involved with everything that our club has to offer. Events have lots of options during set up so they work well for large club wide functions like our luncheons as well as the casual interest group get togethers that our members attend. The forums are also wonderful and have helped communication within our organization.

Cons

There is a learning curve to this. It was/is extremely hard to get by in from some of our group leaders when we switched to this software. We held individual trainings for our leaders to teach them how to post event/send event related email etc.. It would help tremendously if we could invite members of a certain INTEREST GROUP to register for events. The committee work around that we use is very clunky and time consuming to manage. Our interest group leaders also need a way to have a wait list for attendees as our event fill regularly. Leaders should receive an email notification when someone cancels but they don't.

Dave from Morris Register of Victoria

The Morris Register of Victoria

We now have a single version of truth (in real time) relating to our membership data and club vehicle data. This has saved a lot of time and angst for our volunteer committee members and allows us to present financial data (member status etc) with complete confidence. We also manage all of our documents through Club Express. For our club, Club Express has taken important and sensitive club information off peoples' personal computers and put it securely in the cloud. We can now manage who has access to what, but more importantly, those who need access have it any time they need.

Pros

Easy to use, support our club administration very well. This package has taken us from using purely paper based processes where information was mislaid often, to real time membership data that ensures we have the most accurate information about our membership and a single version of truth. The website builder is also simple and flexible, and the blast email function is very useful.

Cons

The product is very US based and we have had some issues with using this in Australia. The spelling of words as per US standard has put a few of our members off, and we have had issues with the letter vs A4 format of printing, especially around newsletter labels. The time stamps on some things also causes some confusion as some items show up as yesterday based on the US time zone. I do believe these topics are being worked on though.

More features.

Amy from MAHL

Automated Membership Management

We have recently updated from an antiquated system that was not meeting our community's needs. There are additional features we would appreciate, but are currently enjoying the modern, user-friendly interface. Their user manual is complete and thorough, help buttons are available on all screens for users and admins, and phone or email support is quick and efficient.

Pros

ClubExpress reduced our workload for membership processes by 95%, automating our correspondence, dues collection, and renewals.

Cons

Ours is a parent-child group, and we find it frustrating that families are not linked in the directory. Our members organize events, but an admin has to assist every time there is a fee. Our membership manager has to separately track additional criteria for renewal.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

Features, calendar, ease of use, privacy, financial capabilities

Lisa from League of Women Voters Orange County

Club Grows as we Utilize New Features

Their support team never lets us down. Quick responses to our queries and happy to keep answering questions until we are satisfied.

Pros

Fulfilled our need to have member management together with communications and finances

Cons

Now that we use most of its features, we find that volunteers who want to help with it are intimidated by its process. Plus, because we use only volunteers and we oversee so many members, we have to be careful about who we allow into the system to maintain member privacy.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

The high recommendation in industry trades such as PC Mag, etc.

Michael from Kre8Now Makerspace

Low cost solution to Member Management

Pros

The price is right. Low cost is affordable for smaller biz.

Cons

Appearance. Could use a design facelift.

Price and ability.

Alan from Coleman Floor Co --NAMC

What's missing?

I am a member/administrator of NAMC. We used Socializer then GroupSpaces and now Club Express. Club Express is by far the best package used or even tested.

Pros

The richness of its features and the customer care.

Cons

1. The designers fail to think about how to open a screen and focus the attention of the user on the area of the screen where the user's attention should be directed. 2. The lack of an incorporated database with the ability to do simple inquires. 3. Over-whelming confirmations.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

The company was responsive and seemed to have a solid future with a package that was rich in features

Julie from Oklahoma Farmers and Ranchers Association

Industry: Ranching

I recommend Club Express

Joining Club Express simplified maintenance of email lists; compliance with regulations; it centralized the location for payment record keeping; maintains a history of newsletters emailed and events conducted. Our website has more capacity than this, and I look forward to continuing to increase our use of this capacity. (E.g. this year my goal is to simplify our news letter and transition to a blog hosted on the website.)

Pros

It is easy for me to connect with the actual software developers/managers via email. When I did my review of options from various providers of "association management software" and ultimately purchased from Club Express, they offered the most features with technical support at the most affordable price. The "demo" was with the founder of the company. They communicate frequently via email regarding system updates and regulations that affect direct emailing and website maintenance. I trust that can do everything in one place (maintain membership lists, send automated dues notices, generate newsletters and distribute via email, receive dues & event payments) and be sure that I'm in compliance.

Cons

It is its own platform, so if you have others using the system who are already familiar with other systems, they may express frustration when this platform doesn't perform the same way. But my experience is that Club Express is responsive to needs that we customers communicate and are constantly improving. (E.g. generating nice looking emails has become significantly easier in the time that we've been clients.)

See above.

Howard from Forder Technical Services Inc.

Top Notch

We have a reliable, easy-to-use web solution that has a distributed workload model. The webmaster might make a custom page with code, but the majority of work is done by non-technical members who don't have to wait for a coder to make things happen.

Pros

Ready to go. Made for clubs. The best feature is that it's not technical for club members to handle their areas. The social director (non technical) can make events on the website. The membership director can adjust member data. No training needed. So productive out of the box.

Cons

There are no "like least". I evaluated 5 major website offerings and I recommended this to our club. (sailingclub).

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

Ready-made for clubs. Everything was there and easy to use. Pricing was desirable too, given that it was easy to predict based on cents per user.

Bob from Capital Area Carvers of Wisconsin

Great Progress with Club Express

We have solved the issue of the high cost of producing monthly newsletters. This site has allowed us to keep in touch with our members on a minutes notice. It's easy to use and we would be lost without it.

Pros

Our carving club has gained members as a result of using this site. Our members have great access to post photos, blogs and more. The site has allowed us to post our monthly club newsletters which has saved us a lot of money over the years we have been using Club Express.

Cons

That is a tough question to answer. We've always gotten great support when we don't understand a function here and there.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

We are a woodcarvers club and some of our members are also wood turners. The Badger Woodturners had already been using Club Express when our club finally convinced older members that we needed to get up to date with younger people. BWT guys convinced us that this is the correct to have our site.

John from City of London & Cripplegate Photographic Society

Flexible and capable package that has improved society admin and is popular with members

It is providing our club with a lot of useful communication and administration features, and has been well received by the membership.

Pros

Plenty of flexibility in how it can be set up. A cloud-hosted solution at a reasonable price, backed by a responsive support team.

Cons

The various content editors have their quirks, and there are still some inconsistencies between different modules.

Janet from Mountain View country Club

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

ClubExpress is a powerful membership tool.

Pros

Club Express includes many features. It could be possible for CE to be your only online platform for a membership organization. I chose it because this platform allows members to customize their annual renewals by choosing optional add-ons. I also like that members can update their information, I can send out emails, and members can sign-up for activities and make reservations online. It also allows each charge to be specified as taxable or non-taxable. All of which saves administrative time and allows more accuracy. It is a very powerful tool. CE allows us to monitor annual renewals daily.

Cons

The interface with our accounting software is not seamless.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

Wild Apricot did not include some of the features I was looking for. I have used MemberTies for years and still use it as our membership database and for member check-ins (it offers very good filtering capabilities), but it does not offer the online member interface that newer products offer.

Robert from Groton Neighbors

"Village" Management & Communication - 1-stop Shop

We use Club Express for just about everything digital in running our Village except some non-bulk emails and telephone: membership, billing, website, bulk email, document storage, news reporting to members, committee communication, inquiry tracking, service and event management. The Club Express software is an undergirding foundation for us.

Pros

Comprehensive scope for a Village. Software widely used, and thus fully vetted by hundreds of Villages. Designed for setup by clubs/ Villages who don't have resident HTML/ web expert. Quick, helpful, answers - from real support people - when the excellent user guide or administrator guide or extensive video tutorials don't suffice (they usually do). Continual, customer-influenced improvement. Real sense that Club Express folks CARE about us our Village members, our issues, our wishes.

Cons

Unintended results rarely but sometimes occur when multiple windows are open simultaneously.

Vicki from BMW Motorcycle Club of NE Florida

BMWNEF Loves ClubExpress

I was not a direct contact with the initial start-up team but was quickly acclimated as I needed to manage our membership. Very few problems, and they were just my learning curve. Very good product!

Pros

Compared to our previous site, CE is extremely easy to use, and maneuver around. The variety of reports is very nice. We had only been utilizing Ce for a couple of months when we began registration for our annual motorcycle rally. We also had membership renewal starting at this time. Despite having this brand new resource, we had minimal problems, and an almost 99% computer based enrollment. Past years had us having to send people paper registration forms because they couldn't manage dealing with the old website.

Cons

The only thing is that we had our start-up right as we needed to register people for our winter rally. We had almost zero time to get comfortable with CE - but the site is so easy to learn, that there were few issues. We also quickly appointed one of our members as our "go-to" when we hit a question. I think this is not a criticism, just our experience.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

Was not on decision team. However, the person who found CE and made the initial contact told us that this is the first product he'd found that he believed was "under sold", meaning we'd be very impressed.

Jim from Calumet Yacht Club

Industry: Maritime

Calumet Yacht Club Website Review

A fantastic product. Lots of support with videos, webinars, online help, email and phone support. The phone support is local and response is quick.

Pros

Looks great. Has great features which meets most of our club requirements.

Cons

the need to use text editors such as notepad to create documents is an issue. I understand the need for compatibility with mobile phones, tablets, etc. but after using other word processing tools it seems cumbersome.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

A member a very simple site using the Wildapricot product. I could not find much in the was of information about the product without contacting their sales department and that did not interest me. Reviews also added that a lot of their offering seemed to be a bit old school and their support was slipping. Clubexpress on the other hand offered lots of information readily available and I was able to take my time under a 90 day trial to make decision. I was very impressed with their entire offering which only seems to get better.

Marian from Chuckanut Dog Training Associaiton, Inc.

Powerful tool, takes time to learn.

This software looks after the bulk of our communications with and for the club. It has allowed us to present and online presence for registrations, membership renewal and applications that was not available to us before. The support team for ClubExpress is outstanding. Every time I've called, or club members have called it has been a very positive experience. People are very knowledgeable about their product, courteous, and patient.

Pros

The number of features and the scope for a club like ours that has meetings, classes, and major events and seminars is what we need.

Cons

The time it takes to become comfortable in managing the content and use of the features. The time it takes for those who are not comfortable on computers to buy into its use. I need to do a lot of walking people through how to do things, even though the user manual is very clear!

ClubExpress for motorcycle clubs

It does the job, but is clunky, as described above. We'd be interested to hear about alternatives. So far we have found none. Previously we wrote our own website, but as a club, we have no way of providing technical support when the developer leaves the club.

Pros

Allows collecting annual fees and setting up payment and event registration for annual rally. Allows sending bulk emails to membership and others. Has aliased email addresses. Has lots of configuration options, and good tech support.

Cons

Steep learning curve. Few people who are not computer professionals will get to any level of comfort with it. User manual is poorly organized and of limited usefulness; usually have to go to tech support. Features like Forum and image galleries are non-intuitive; essentially none of our users like them and stuff like that ends up getting posted on the Facebook page. What's left is essentially a platform for collecting dues, administering the annual rally, and sending bulk emails. The cost is high for such simple duties and the software is difficult to use relative to these simple purposes.

Adrian from Santa Fe Newcomers Club

administrator of a social group, Santa Fe Newcomers Club, a social organization

Event coordinators come to me to help set up and event. After the event is up the coordinator often gets questions he/she cannot answer and turn to me. I resolve the question or go to the Club Express Manual or call the help desk. My experience with the technical support is very positive, they are professional, understanding and showing respect for the person (me) who has very little IT back ground.

Pros

Ease of use and the the little help/explanation lines that are added to many functions

Cons

The amount of possibilities that can lead to the same result when working with the website as an admin. It is difficult to work on a project and then having to go back and forward to check on for example dates terminology, information I want to use and then realize the window is gone and I have to open the specific spot again. It would be helpful if I could just "park" my worksheet somewhere in a way t is available when I go back to it.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

I was on the board when we decided to look for a comprehensive membership website. The lead person had done much research and its recommendation was sound and made sense. A matter of trust. By the way my answer in the industry question on the first page of this questionnaire does not represent our organization. Entertainment is not correct. Social Community organization or even service club would better to describe it.

Reiff from Velocity Owners and Builders Association

Solved all the problems of running an organization

With ClubExpress, we can run a large organization in just a few hours a month.

Pros

Total integration of web site, membership services, email capabilities, forums, blogs, committees, photo albums, and events. Organizations can designate people to be administrators of one or more of these functions, or even subsets of them (like an individual blog, or photo album.) The recent addition of the "collectables" module lets organizations track items as well as people (ie: car clubs can keep track of cars.) Customer service is terrific. That's not something you can say about many service companies these days! They have better prices than competing services, and updates to the service don't cost extra.

Cons

You cannot choose the URL to use on most pages. You have to use something like yourclubname.ClubExpress.com

Coree from CDCTA

Great website builder, reporting needs major help

Overall the site is great but the frustration we've had with the reporting side of things have made use of the website difficult. ClubExpress needs to provide more flexibility with their reporting options.

Pros

Easy to use, interface for web design is great. Easy to edit site.

Cons

The reporting functionality is difficult to use and needs major improvement. Custom reports are a necessity and should be incorporated. It is almost impossible for us to do our organization's financials every month due to the rigidity of the report functions.

Christine from Rotary club of naperville

Customer support is great

I have only used this software. I dont know anything else I do not know the history of what the club used before

Pros

Their customer support is terrific. They are prompt to resolve issues except on weekends

Cons

Some things are clumsy. I wish editing the home page was live on the screen. It is all dialogue boxes.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

Dont know. Not part of the decision

Justin from Fort Lewis College

Software for a Professional Association

It was a great decision to move to ClubExpress. Despite some of the shortcomings of the software, it has helped our professional organization to be more efficient and effective.

Pros

I use this software to manage a professional association of about 600 members. The best features are the various sorts of automation for our annual member drive and renewal. CE will send email notices with customized messages and/or snail mail to expired or potential members. They are then able to log in, select a membership level, and pay their dues without any effort on my part. It automated what used to be a two-week process.

Cons

Once you log in and get behind the facade of the website, the interaction itself is fairly clunky. The graphic interface looks like it's from AOL in the 1990s, and the functionality is not always intuitive.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

Price, personalization, and the option to pay a one-time fee up front to have an expert at ClubExpress design the website, etc.

David from The Sumter Landing Bicycle Club

Great Club Software

Very

Pros

Cons

With so many individual features available it can challenge me to find the answer on my own. However, the support staff always has the answer to a challenge at their fingertips.

Fit our needs.

Chris from Northside Running Group

Club NRG - everything just works.

Very positive - any problems I've reported or questions I've asked have been quickly dealt with.

Pros

Very easy to implement, and to transition from our previous website. Updates happen behind the scenes and without requiring our input, and without needing us to perform endless reconfiguration every time a release level of a certain function changes. Easy to administer, and nice granularity for distributing administrative functions. Everything just works.

Cons

Being US-based and subject to different banking regulations (from Australia) the various options around money handling aren't quite as flexible as we'd like. Probably a regulatory more than a software issue.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

Value for money, and ability to transition from our previous site in a seamless manner.

Kate from Bellingham At Home

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Lots of functionality

Generally good. It's been frustrating to keep up with the many iterations of the software, especially as we were just getting started. But I'm glad they are continually improving it and supporting the improvements. Getting full value from it can take more time than a volunteer or member may want to give but it's rewarding once you've got an experienced team.

Pros

It had features especially designed for virtual villages like ours. It was popular among groups like ours. It covered most of what we thought we would need it for, including our own public website and a portal for members.

Cons

Setting it up took a long time, and the learning curve was steep, especially for our members, who are not typically computer savvy. This is the price for complex functionality.

Dale from Self Employed

Industry: Performing Arts

Every thing we need

There was only spreadsheet based member management before. That is now much simplified. Previously we paid for mailing list management. We now do that ourselves. The home page was not maintained. We now have a framework, with the help of CE, to easily keep the home page current.

Pros

Member management and ticket sales for concerts are working well now.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

All of our requirements were met by CE. The ongoing costs are very competitive. CE is a very responsive organization. The training views are excellent.

Ed from San Francisco Tour Guide Guild

Complete but not simple

Getting to launch more work than expected. You still need a technical type for maintaining and improving. Easy to get mishmash result when adding to web pages so look and feel standards need to be enforced by you. But the level of integration is awesome. We have eliminated checks, made attendance at events easy to track, can conduct robust member searches. The monthly fee is silly low for what you get.

Pros

Everything we need is in this package. Pricing very competitive. Nice folks to deal with. Lots of topic training for new features.

Cons

You still need to do a lot technically to launch, hard for volunteer organizations. Not a lot of help from them on design and layout. The database is shockingly inflexible, hard to add fields. Does NOT use Wordpress front end so good luck finding third party help on improving user interface.

Rachael from JNET Business Networking

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

The Challenge of Evolving with Technology Demands (UI/UX)

I love them, but I also really understand their limitations. I refer not to just the technology limitations, but the mindset limitation. Each time I share (perhaps 100+ now) possible modifications to simplify processes, I get the response of a programmer, not of a designer and UI/UX thinker. In other words, I get the excuse as to why it IS and has to stay that way, rather than the "ah-hah! Yes, we should figure that out." I recommend that, as a group of executives, you do a Mindset ReSet leadership retreat (which I do, btw). Your attention to professionalism, organization, and your customers is outstanding, and I would love for you, as a group, to be able to break through the often restrictive set-up that slows down design and user experience innovation. With much respect and gratitude, I wish you much prosperity in this New Year.

Pros

Your offering has the best value for the money. The customer support is wonderful, second to none. The constant attention to upgrades - and that you plan them ahead - shows incredible organization and constant dedication to your customers and to your product. The features are very robust. It shows that you are really listening closely to your customers' requests - perhaps better than any competitor out there - and responding to them! I do believe that it is possible to offer robust features in a more simplified and intuitive way. The longevity of several staff members is very impressive, and their dedication to problem-solve with and remember their customers' specific needs and preferences is VERY impressive. I have felt that on several occasions. When asked if I'd recommend Club Express to others, I want it to be a 10 based on how outstanding you are for the reasons above. Yet, the feedback I receive from many of our members - and the amount of volunteers' time for the learning curve - makes it difficult to recommend it to other organizations' executives when they may not have the same level of volunteer support. Make your site more intuitive and efficient and I will gladly recommend you to everyone!

Cons

1. Club Express focuses on developing a new function, rather than first on how the user can best experience it. I suggest greater ease and intuition (UI/UX) with feature development. E.g., when the new Events/Calendar functionalities rolled out 1-2 years ago, it greatly increased the complexity (and number of mouse clicks) to set up an event. More features are okay, but should be intuitive and efficient. 2. Your data organization is not conducive to simple, obvious changes. Good, intuitive design does not require the tiny-text prompts that I turn off, but have to do so in the site code. What should be simple changes are stuck behind the organization of how the database was structured. Get rid of the instruction prompts (obvious to modern-day computer users); do not let them affect Chapter Finder and other key functions. Information should be built separate from functionality. 3. More attractive, fully responsive template options 4. Mobile set-up (duplicative efforts) should not be needed and currently degrade for tablet 5. Give us more CSS control; place classes on div's, etc. so that our CSS can target them 6. Member registration MUST be simplified; I detailed a PPT of 20 ways to improve it and was shocked that none of the modifications were possible. 7. If you had a modern-looking, fluidly-flowing app that automatically input information from the website databases (directory and design), then you would rock our world and really step it up in many organizations' eyes. :-)

Brian from Penn's Village

Review of RunMyVillage (RMV) software by ClubExpress (CE)

RMV/CE user support is extremely responsive. Bugs and problems are addressed quickly and there is a regular schedule of enhancements. There are myriad forms of support for Villages which use RMV/CE, including user forums and a Users Steering Committee consisting of administrators from Villages which use RMV to support their operations. There is support for new villages evaluating or implementing RMV and the forums share best practices in the use of RMV.

Pros

It includes most of the features required by a Village (a grassroots, not-for-profit membership organization helping elder adults age in place in their community by offering a variety of services, programs and social and educational activities provided by volunteers), most especially in the provisioning of services (matching member service requests with volunteer service providers. It also includes the features required for managing membership and communicating with members and non-member volunteers. Support is very responsive and robust (see comments about overall experience)

Cons

The RMV/CE software is web based SaaS. The user interface is dated and in many cases awkward to use and difficult to learn. Integration with financial accounting (RMV/CE is the source for membership revenue and for some donation revenue) is unwieldy and requires a lot of staff time to reconcile.

Reasons for Choosing ClubExpress

The only other software alternative is Helpful Village, which while admittedly has better user interface, is not as robust or mature in features and functions. The only other alternative is a custom developed solution or one that is based on building macros with MS Excel or Google Docs, neither of which are truly appropriate for a volunteer organization.

Judy from Carmel Valley Garden Club

Terrific Platform for clubs

We are a garden club of about 200 members and needed a website that would allow us to have a central database for members, documents, and photos; manage events; manage emailings; and be relatively easy to update quickly and be very cost-effective. Plus we were looking for good customer support. Club Express has delivered on all aspects of this. In particular, their customer support (which I don't need very much because the platform is very easy to use), is fantastic. And they constantly improve the software too, taking lots of input from users. Overall, a great product, specifically built for Clubs and Associations. They really understand their target audience.

Pros

Centralized database for our membership and club documents that makes creating emails with newsletters (that are then available on the website) so easy.

Cons

Creating a graphical user interface based on templates is a little clumsy to use, but is certainly serviceable.

Peggy from Silver Spring Village

Powerful but complicated

Pros

Many, many powerful features. Everything you could possibly want in software. Support is absolutely excellent -- timely, friendly, accurate. Very responsiveness to customer requests for changes.

Cons

I'm not a software engineer, but I think the downside of a responsive company that constantly modifies the software is that the software is very complicated and sometimes seems kind of kludgy (the same function is in two different places, OR the fix is in a completely different area). I also find it hard to keep up with the changes! I'm pretty sure my complaints have probably been solved in the latest release.

Deborah from Big Sky SHRM

Responsive

Member organization. Communicating with group and keeping membership data updated.

Pros

Club Express is very responsive to our questions and needs. They are continually improving their product based on customer feedback. They have helped us customize some specific tasks that were not available when we first started using the product, and now many of those tasks are available to all the customers. They always respond quickly when I have questions.

I don't remember

Tom from Sarasota Manatee Bicycle Club

System Works well for the Bicycle Club and improvemets are helping make it smoother for the user

Good support and responsive to the needs of the club.

Pros

It provides a relatively easy to develop and maintain a website with lots of features. The site gets better every day and the support team is great when a problem arises .

Cons

Some of the reports are in a format that is not useful for working with the data as we would use. The email system has improved but it takes a lot of strokes to get a simple email out. To add content to a page you still seem to need a DOS command, i.e. Control V or Control C. The adding templates to a message or web page is easy with a mouse but not very easy for a touch screen.