What are GoFundMe users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using GoFundMe software through verified user reviews

• icon"This product helps us track and recognize our donors and their donations."
  • icon"We liked to use crowdrise for individual fundraising campaigns centered around 1 specific goal or event."
  • icon"My best friend passed away & I set up a charity fund in order to get the money for her casket & this app made it so easy to do in my time of grieving."
  • icon"Some countries may not be accepted so it can be frustrating at times."
  • icon"I did not like how this integrated with our website (or rather the lack thereof)."
  • icon"Something that i did not like about this software is it is basically open to any cause sometimes for inappropriate things."

Browse all GoFundMe Reviews

• Have you used GoFundMe and would like to share your experience with others?

Thomas

Easy to use crownfunding Platform

Pros

It's a completly platform you need to start a crownfunding donation. Go fund me support also give us step by step to make our campaign succesfull. All you need just follow the instruction then the campaign is published.

Cons

There is fees from donation and the fund will be refund to your backer if the campaign not sucessfull. And its only support 19 country in the world. So if you plan to start fundraiser make sure your campaign will be sucessfull.

Rachael

Great for individual and team fundraising campaigns

At the end of the day, we decided to switch to Classy as it was a more integrated fundraising platform. Crowdrise didn't have enough general donation processing/management tools that we wanted in a fundraising platform.

Pros

We liked to use crowdrise for individual fundraising campaigns centered around 1 specific goal or event. Our fundraisers used it for raising money as they did a race, for a specific program, or for raising money to go on an international missions trip. It's great for college students to create peer to peer campaigns for example.

Cons

Not my favorite fundraising site, but it does what is says it does

Overall, the interface isn't as intuitive on the fundraiser's side, the fee GoFundMe takes out is a considerable amount compared to other fundraising sites, the customer support isn't as friendly, but it's one of the few fundraising sites available and it does what it says it does. I will think about trying an alternative in the future though like GiveSendGo.

Pros

It does what it says it will do--it fundraises. You can set a goal amount and GoFundMe displays how far away you are from the goal which is incentivizing for donors. I also like that you can write updates that shows where the funds have been sent and you can attach an image with the update.

Cons

I don't like the high rate GoFundMe takes from your fundraising amount. I've used YouCaring in the past which only charged 1% plus the credit cards fees from the credit card companies. That seemed more reasonable. YouCaring's customer service was also more prompt and well, caring. The interface with GoFundMe also isn't as easy to use as other fundraising sites.

Thet Thet

Useful and easy to use

Pros

I have been using GoFundMe, mainly for fundraising for charity. I found it very effective and easy to share via social media and several platforms. I did manage to get target reach most of the time and helped several times for those who need the fund. I also donated to other fundraising which is quite easy. You don't need to pay commission or whatever and it does it's jobs. The idea is brilliant!

Cons

There is nothing much I do not like about this ..but probably for the first time setting up the fundraising account, you need to fill up in details which is reasonable I suppose..so I don't mind at all!

Tara

GoFundMe has streamlined crowdfunding

The overall experience with GoFundMe is positive and I will continue to use this software in the future if necessary.

Pros

I have used GoFundMe numerous times throughout the years and it has allowed me to share a link all over the world for people to donate to numerous causes, including personal causes. With the easy ability to share your personal GoFundMe account, you can allow people from all over to help support your cause or donate to a tragedy.

Cons

I believe the only negative experience is the consistent scams that you come across. Though this is no fault of GoFundMe as it is not always possible to determine scams.

Jenny

Industry: Mental Health Care

Gofundme

Pros

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this charity

Ayano

Good for fundraising needs

It's been a good experience thus far. I think that the reputation of GoFund me has allowed it to be a reliable app for fundraising needs!

Pros

I like the simplicity in the design to set up your fundraiser. It is a very intuitive platform, very easy to navigate for cross-posting to social media and emails as well.

Cons

I would like to see the designs for the fundraising landing pages to be updated and more versatile. It would be more appealing if it was somewhat interactive or allowed for more customization.

Reasons for choosing GoFundMe

It was a well known and trusted app

Rob

Perfect for Fundraising

Working with friends and neighbors in need and or looking for support

Pros

I like being able to search for ways to contribute to causes. Either people I know or sometime just randomly.

Cons

I honestly can't say anything negative. I have donated to many causes. My sister set one up for her son after an injury..

GoFundMe is a non-profits dream

It was a positive one. As I said, their very helpful if you have trouble with anything on the platform, and it's a great way to help people.

Pros

The whole platform is helpful, as it's an easy way to help a charity raise money, and get people the help they need. Customer service is as well, though with a few bad eggs. It doesn't stop from using it again and again, though.

Cons

Customer service. Not every worker is rude, but there are a few bad eggs that will be extremely rude and unhelpful.

Reasons for choosing GoFundMe

Good reviews from colleagues

FUNdraising

Pros

Our nonprofit uses CrowdRise for our largest fundraiser in the winter. Our supporters get to be involved in our fundraising and have their own space to do it. The tools that CrowdRise offers are easy to use and assist in soliciting donations from family and friends.

Cons

The CrowdRise layout seems to be constantly updating and changing, which is a good thing, but some users often get confused and have to reach out for help. Luckily, their customer support is amazing.

Vershley

Great app to raise funds quickly and efficiently

Very good experience so far. Great feature to highlights some ongoing charity which is great.

Pros

Setting up a profile is relatively fast and easy. Very on point without too much details. Has the possibility to share links to other websites which makes getting funds very easy.

Cons

The display of information on the profile page can be improved. There are too much information that are presented to the user and very often the get lost trying to find a specific information.

Crowdrise is amazing for funding

Pros

It was easy to use and send out our message to people.

Cons

I do not have anything to complain about here.

Tonya

May 2022

So Thankful Gofundme worked for us!!!!

I was emotionally overwhelmed with the fact that Gofundme actually worked. I had never used it prior to losing both my in laws at the same time and at that time we desperately needed help financially to cover two peoples funeral costs. When I created our Gofundme I wasn’t sure if We would raise anything at all to help us.. especially considering this was during this whole Covid pandemic but it worked. Thank God. However I’m also Hopeful that I won’t ever be put in such an awful situation that I’ll need to use it again, but I do recommend using gofundme if you really truly need it. My only advice is if you do use this platform share share share. Use your social media and spread the word, and don’t be shy to ask everyone you know to spread the word as well because the more people who share it means more people you’ll be able to reach, which ultimately means more help for your cause & the higher your chances will be of actually getting the help you need for your cause in your time of need. Also I recommend doing video updates on your goal process along the way and that also allows you to thank everyone who helped (as a whole) instead of trying to figure out how to individually reach out to thank people you don’t know. Hopefully this review helps a lot of people out there who are indecisive or on the fence about trying to use gofundme. It definitely cant hurt to try, you just never know… humanity might still surprise ya.

Pros

I like that Gofundme let me know every time someone donated to my fundraiser to assist with unprepared for funeral costs for my husband and I when my mother and father in law both unexpectedly passed away. I like how easy Gofundme was to use to assist with our financial problem we encountered with two funerals to plan when we had no funds instructions or assistance from life insurance etc. gofundme was a godsend for us in our time of need.

Cons

The only con I experienced was more of a personal conviction than anything about Gofundme itself, the only con for me was asking other people for help…. Especially at such a traumatic moment. However there’s nothing Gofundme could do to help with my ego / pride or personal dilemma. If you desperately need help fundraising for a good cause I completely recommend Gofundme.

Marie

Great service.

Overall, I believe this is great resource it’s easy to donate funds.

Pros

I like this service. It’s a great way to bring awareness and to raise funds for various causes and people. I have supported a few causes using this platform.

Cons

I didn’t really like that some of the causes people were soliciting funds were frivolous in my opinion. However, you always have the option to keep scrolling! So, I did. I have heard that funds are returned to donors if the cause is fraudulent. So that makes me feel a lot better.

Audryn

Industry: Mental Health Care

GoFundMe Charity Review

Overall I would recommend GoFundMe and love this product and what it stands for.

Pros

I have found this product quite easy and simple to use. It is a great software to help you stay updated with charities and donate to causes you believe in.

Cons

I have not encountered any issues with the software itself. At times I have heard of scams being placed on this to gather money for non charitable causes. However, that is not a software issue but user issue.

Ryan

Crowdrise saved my life!

I have been a member of the crowdrise community for a few years now and the impact that I have been able to see is incredible. This is the only site that I trust to use and you really see the community of crowdrise in a positive light. The support is overwhelming and the change and response is instant. I will use crowdrise as long as I'm still living!

Pros

Cons

No cons!

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Fantastically easy way to raise money fir just about any cause!

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to use this software. It has components which are recognizable and intuitive, making the system easy to use and manage. It’s simple and simplistic to use.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about this software.

Patricia

Using GoFundMe

It was a good experience and I have no complaints. It was easy enough to do.

Pros

This app was sent to me through a few different friends who were setting up charity raising for specific purposes to help family or friends. It was easy to use. I was concerned at first about giving my credit card information, but I did it the first time and after that I responded to a few others that I received from friends.

Cons

I really did not want to give my credit card information. But it seems there was not any other way to do it.

Industry: Fund-Raising

Bringing Hope to the community Uganda BHCU

Pros

Can't be hacked by other internet users and one may not see the donor apart from the administrator

Cons

Everything is good and ok keep it up because it's reliable

Ok to start out

customer service is nice when you are paying for it, otherwise you are pretty much on your own and unable to customize much.

Pros

It is already set up and you can run it with ability to give to your cause. It works for our peer-to-peer fundraising for all our endurance events for now.

Cons

Trying to customize and link to partner systems becomes tricky since they want to promote and work on being an all in one system.

Ashlei

Time used: Free Trial

Amazing Customer Service

We have used Crowdrise the last couple of years for our 5k fundraising. I have to say, their customer service and account specialist teams go above and beyond to provide the best service possible. Whenever I need anything changed, edited, updated, etc., they are immediately on top of it and always send a confirmation when it is completed. Even when my account specialist is out of the office, they have a team ready to jump in to solve any problems. While they do have a platform without a monthly fee (just a % on transactions), I have found that upgrading to the Tre plan was well worth the minimal monthly fee. It lowers the % and you get an assigned account manager that is able to help customize your page however you need. They are a great team and are doing great work.

Crowdrise is wonderful

Pros

It was easy to set up a fund for our cause.

Cons

I do not have anything to complain about.

Mona

Set up several small fundraising activities for High School Groups.

Fast payment, easy to thank donors.

Pros

Super easy. Easy to upload photos and customize site to your needs. Sharing couldn't be simpler using social media or email. Great organiztion of donors as they come in.

Cons

Would like the ability to just make a pledge without actually paying. Sometime you just want to get pledge amounts and have the ability for donors to pay later.

Mindy

Crowdrise Review

Pros

Crowdrise makes it easy to setup your own Gofundme page, and connecting with contacts is a breeze

Cons

Crowdrise does take a donor fee that's high enough that might turn off some donors to your Crowdrise page

Jason

Time used: Free Trial

Solid!!!! A great tool that integrates email, social media and a well thought out brand.

What sets crowdrise apart in my mind is how it helps the fundraiser create a temporary "brand". It's important when fundraising to be able to tell your story, both the story of your organization, but also your own personal story. Crowdrise is intuitive, and it is also fun. I absolutely love the idea of having t-shirts that cannot be purchased, only "achieved" by making a difference. I hope our organization uses crowdrise for our major fundraiser again next year. It has been a great improvement over the sites we have used for the past 7 years for our major fundraiser for the year. Without this fundraiser, we wouldn't be able to offer the services our non-profit organization provides. Thanks crowdrise! You Rock!!!!!

GoFundMe