• Pros

• "It is accurate. Easy to use. I trust the software . My reports are accurate."

• "The support has been fantastic. From implementation to ongoing use, all we have to do is call for help. We almost always get an answer within an hour."

• "The software has functions that protect the company from fraud. It is very detailed and the history is easy to look back."

• Cons

• "Sales screen (Order Entry) could be easier to read with larger font, & less wasted white space."

• "There is nothing that I do not like about the software."

• "I would like to be able to customize reports without having to purchase Crystal software, or any other software."

Browse Denali FUND Reviews

Very early in conversion process...

Once our actual conversion is complete, hopefully by the end of the calendar year, I believe our reporting to our funders will be much easier. We are hoping to do away with all or at least most of our supplemental Excel workbook processing and letting Denali Fund do its magic

Pros

The ability to track grant funds - multiple levels in accounts, reporting etc - 30,000 foot view or in the weeds! Our organization has federal grants, private grants, corporate sponsorships, etc., all with different reporting requirements and budgets. We also have 7 locations and Denali Fund is able to track by the funding sources and locations. We are very early in our use of the software - still converting in the middle of our fiscal year. I'm sure we will only be using a small percentage of the software's capability in the beginning but as our organization grows, we will appreciate all of the funtionality.

Cons

The conversion process is a bit tedious. We are going from Quickbooks Online to Denali fund and converting data is timely and a bit inefficient unless we could afford the additional support level that would be required for getting Quickbooks records into Denali.

Lezah from Genesee JT School District

Denali Fund Accounting is accurate

Denali Fund Accounting is very accurate. I rarely have a software issue. I have been using this product over 20 years. I have used other Fund accounting programs and have come back to Denali. It is straight forward and easy to use. It does not have tons of bells and whistles, but it is reliable and accurate. The program works. I use GL, AP, BR and Payroll modules. They integrate well together. You can have custom reports built for your specific use. I like their CD service for upgrades.

Pros

It is accurate. Easy to use. I trust the software . My reports are accurate.

Cons

Sometimes you cannot print in a module by using "Ctrl P

David from Family Resource Center of Lincoln County

Fund accounting and Cougar Mtn. customer service

The thing that frustrates me the most about your program with the issues it does have is not the program. It is the customer service as it pertains to how you justify your billing me. Recently I had an issue with the payroll module and sent information in to be reviewed. This turned into a 2-hour phone call that cost me. The instructions in your help and field names is misleading. So misleading that the rep and I couldn't figure out what was going on during that 2-hour phone call. I finally figured it out and sent a follow-up email to you guys. What I got was a wasted two hours and a bill on my training hours. Not happy at all as well when it cost me to point out errors when your system has errors in it, like the new drill down report in the Audit Trail, and I get billed for it. Do not only do I get billed for something that wasn't even clear to Kevin. I get billed for pointing out calculation problems with your program. Why should I get billed for bringing things up that are incorrect in the way your program works or process errors that your staff can't point out? I am not happy with the end result of your customer service! Those who help me are great in the eagerness to help, but those who make the real customer service calls on the billing I am very disappointed in their decisions. So much so... I would warn any prospective client of yours to beware. You do not seem to be able to take ownership of your issues. You pass them on to your customers.

Pros

I like how it allocates. But I hate it that once in the system, the system treats every transaction in the allocation as a separate transaction instead of an allocation.

Cons

The accounting program has to be accurate and data usable. I have found problems in your program and was told it that it was not meant to be used as an auditing tool. My response is it should be accurate! It is an accounting program. On the data useful side, it is not as useful as your sales staff made it out to be for FUND accounting. To get our billing out last month I had to sort through 40 pages of transactions and do hand calculations to meet the requirements of our fund managers. I get to do that again this month. Makes me wonder how this is supposed to be a program that is for FUND accounting. Yes, your company is aware of my frustration here and the kind of reporting is needed.

Mary from BOROUGH OF SAXONBURG

Support is Wonderful

Reporting is always a big problem. With Denali FUND we are able to export into files that import easily into Excel and then we can produce reports that make sense for our municipality.

Pros

Cons

Payroll setup felt cumbersome but in the long run, the setup was worth it. We now get reports with each payroll that split taxes between departments.

Wendy from Cornerstone Christian School

The staff are very helpful.

Pros

I like that it intrgrates with the other modules or that you can use each module individually. I am interested in how the payment process will work with our desk top in the sales module.

Cons

It is a bit more costly then our other software was I do not like that I cannot take a debit payment and have it integrate directly with Denali. We use Moneris and I do not know what we could use that would do that.

Georgina from Town of Pembroke Park

Review of Denali

Denali is a good software. The transition from another software to Denali was smooth. I believe the software could improve in few ways. the first thing we noticed is that to back up our organization increased from 5 minutes to 20-25 minutes. My Staff backs up our organization twice a day. this process cuts our productivity by an hour each day.

Pros

it is easy to use.

Cons

the backup process is too long.

Kermic P from Data Add Inc

Very pleased with functions

None

Pros

It fits any business - I have had over 25 installation - all different industries and Cougar works

Cons

Very few complaints Accounts Receivable module should post in summary like it does in Bank Rec

Reasons for Choosing Denali FUND

No experience with Fund Accounting

Cate from Bananas Incorporated

Director of Finance

Initial set up training was problematic and the integration between MS Suite and Crystal Reports is lacking. Customer support is very responsive and I like the simple interface over a very functional system. Cloud-based upgrades very professional and speedy.

Pros

Simple interface with lots of functionality.

Cons

Not fully integrated with MS Suite

Marie from Chenango Supply Co

Great Customer Service, efficent software program

Pros

Customer service is always friendly and knowledgeable. Denali offers many options to add on based on your needs as a business.

Cons

Not a big fan of the general ledger function

Wendy from Cornerstone Christian School

Denali Fund accounting

We have been using Denali for two years. It has helped us to keep our records organized and up to date. !!

Pros

I really like the bank rec option.

Cons

I think the point of sale module could be more user-friendly.

Kim from Lawrence Township

Denali Fund Cost Effective for Small Municipalities

We have used Cougar Mountain for many years and Denali FUND since its inception. Cougar Mountain is very open to feedback and suggested improvements. Their customer support is terrific!

Pros

We get full functionality for our small town government office at a cost we can afford.

Cons

Lack of regional training. Thankfully, it is very user friendly and the HELP features are effective.

Amanda from Christian Mission Centers

Industry: Warehousing

Cougar Mountain Inventory

The customer support system is wonderful; however, some of the features such as the copy inventory to multi-location feature have been giving me a real problem.. Especially when I'm adding new items into multiple locations.

Pros

Its easy to use.

Cons

I wish that I could pull inventory reports by date specific, also the copy new inventory gives me some trouble

Heather from Interstate Truck Equipment

Very User Friendly, Needs Almost No Training

Pros

Ease of use, multiple reports with different parameters, shortcut keys. Customer service is excellent. Reps are super friendly and take time to explain how-tos and/or how they are fixing problems.

Cons

I have found absolutely no cons for this software.

Angie from Community Action of Etowah County

Denali Review

Denali Fund Software is relatively easy to use. A good value for the money. Customer Service has always been helpful.

Pros

Most of the software is easy to use. Has some good report options. I like the ability to copy accounts and funds.

Cons

I do not like the posting process. I do not like that errors cannot be corrected after posting. I would like to see a better GL option. The GL audit report is hard to read - needs a better format.

Natalie from MCCOA-OCCOA

CMS - Denali

Pros

Cons

The price of tech support for just asking a simple question.

John from Cucina Italiana Co

Denali POS Review by Wine Rack

Pros

Integration of POS Sales, INV & Account modules, along with stellar customer support.

Deb from NETO

Compliment

Pros

Your support team is awesome, so knowledgeable and friendly.

Jeff from Hyperride Technologies

PRODUCT REVIEW

Pros

Ease of use, ability to create custom reports, manage multiple entities

Cons

The user interface needs improvement. Transition from previous solution takes some time and proper planning

Lezah from Genesee Joint School District

Denali Review

I was a Cougar Mountain user and I switched to another program. I had nothing but issues with the new program. Now I am back and loving Denali. It was very easy to switch back and the support staff helped me get up and running smoothly.

Pros

Ease of entering information and retrieving data.

Cons

I want to scroll through payroll reports and that is not possible.

DARLENE from COMBINED COMMUNITY ACTION, INC

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

PROS/CONS

MORE CAPABILITIES AND USER FRIENDLY

Pros

USER FRIENDLY, AS WELL AS, MORE CAPABILITIES

Cons

SMALL FONT PRINT USED BY CRYSTAL REPORTS

Mary from The Up Center

Pro vs. Denali

We have been customers for about 15 years. The transition to Denali was very unacceptable. The Denali software was more of a beta version that was rolled out. The software had way too many glitches that needed to be "worked around" as opposed to resolved. Even though we are "comfortable" with using Denali, there are still new errors that take a while for the patches to be released on. Customer service has always been accommodating and the staff is great.

Cons

Not web-based. Only one person to do customized reports. Patches take too long to roll out.

Robyn from Centre Water Works

Industry: Utilities

Secretary/Payroll

The new program is so easy to use. It is a step by step process and payroll is now in my hands and not the program. The only thing I would like to see change is the size of the letters. it is very hard to read.

Pros

Very intuitive process. Mindless work.

Cons

Letters are WAY too small

Laurie from St. Peter's Lutheran Church

Church Accounting

Our overall experience with Denali Fund Accounting has been positive. For the most part, it is straightforward and easy to use. What we really appreciate is the ability to keep funds completely separate and to always know what is in each fund.

Pros

The ability to keep funds completely separated.

Cons

What drew me to the software was the ease of transferring money from one fund to the other. It turned out to not be so easy.

Lisa from Law Practice

Industry: Law Practice

Payroll

Pros

The only thing our firm uses is the payroll program and it is very user friendly.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about the software.

Monica from Regional Victim Crisis Center

Multi fiscal year woes

Year-end closing capabilities for the multi-fiscal year set up is frustrating. Other fund software has a way to close the organizational year and have matching balances on the income statement and retained earnings revenue and expense reports. Why can't Denali?

Pros

Lots of features

Cons

Can't close out organization year without affecting fund calendars

Chris from Pieratt's Inc

Great solution for a small business or a big corporation

Pros

Easy integration, set up and implementation was a breeeze

Cons

Learning curve from older version, but great support

April 2011

Steven from Victor Valley Transit Authority

April 2011

VVTA Cougar Mtn Review

I'd recommend this product for any non-profit, gov't or public agency with up to 50 employees and up to $50m in revenues.

Pros

Has all the features of large module based accounting systems at 1/10th the cost. Easy to install and easy to use. Very intuitive module interface. This program has provided all the functionality we need in a small cap company. It's networking is flawless and there has been no real down time. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS PHENOMINAL

Cons

The basic reports that come with the program are reasonably good and can be modified. However, modification is not that simple. Also there is limited drill down capability.

Brenda from Del Norte Child Care Council

Great Program

My job involves processing Payroll and Accounts Payable. I have found the Denali payroll program easy to use, thus allowing me to accomplish my job faster. The time it saves allows me to spend more time on other projects such as our Accounts Payables. The Denali Accounts Payable program has features that I can use and quickly lets me explore vendor files for information/updates. Whenever there is an issue I'm unsure of, or confused with I call the toll free number and I get a return call when it is at my convenience. Overall, the ease of use and the technical help has saved me time to focus on other aspects of my job. Thank you.

Kristen from GabbaGear

Using it to get money together to start a non profit for homeless people

Pros

I like how easy software is to navigate. I thought it would be more complex with all the information it keeps organized.

Cons

I dont particularly like that this software seems to occasionaly overload my computer causing it to crash.

Bill from Estacada First Baptist Church

Denali for church accounting

I have used Denali for four years and have been pleased with it. Previously we were using a different software but that system does not handle fund accounting well. Denali is a full function fund accounting system that works extremely well for our church accounting needs. Currently, I track 13 separate funds. My only disappointment with Denali is the built-in reports are made for non-profit sales type organizations so I must still use Excel to produce the monthly reports for my various ministries. Other than that, it is a great choice for my needs.

Priscilla from PSA2 Area Agency on Aging

We love it.

We have spent a number of years using a different program that we have found lacking in so many ways. The new Denali program is user friendly, has a high quality interface and offers a more highly detailed control of accounts. The report options alone would have made it worth the switch, but the affordability of it was another major factor in the decision to change. Everything about the program and the support we have gotten in setting it up has resulted in a completely positive experience to date.

December 2014

Bill from Estacada First Baptist Church

1.5

2.5

December 2014

Wading through the frustrations of Cougar Mountain's Denali System

Pros

It is a very good fund accounting system. Keeping many funds in balance is the reason I bought the system, and it does that well once you learn the intricacies of the confusing account structure.

Cons

I was told that you could easily customize reports like P&L, Balance Sheet, etc., but that's not so. The standard reports are not customizable unless you buy Crystal Reports software and can figure out how to use that software. I could not, so I must pay a tech to produce any special reports. You can download to Excel, but that is what I used to do with QuickBooks at 1/10th of the price.

Alyssa from Town of Diamondville

New customer with Denali.

So far everyone I have talked to has been so friendly and helpful! The training was easy and Jeremy is so patient and helpful! I think we will really like Denali as soon as we get it all up and going!

Pros

It is easy to navigate.

Gretchen M from Education management

Great people to work with

Pros

Easy to use when getting started. Leads the user through the process.

Cons

Getting started using the software. Just transferring over data.

Lisa from Northeast Oregon Economic Development District

Good software, minimal glitches

We've used Cougar Mountain Software for our fund accounting system for years. The Denali product is an improvement and is mostly reliable. It has many more features and complexities than we are currently using, so it could work for much larger organizations. I have one problem with the system that I the company would fix. The FASB reports don't work correctly as the beginning balances don't show up in both reports. It's very frustrating.

Kim from Lawrence Township

Best Value for Local Governments with Limited Funds

Denali FUND is very user friendly and performs all required tasks for small government...PLUS some additional features and functionality. Excellent customer service makes upgrades and report customization easy-peazy. Easy payroll and tax filing/depositing made easy, too. Have used Pontem and BS&A and Denali FUND is far better and more economical.

Lisa from Senior Services Inc.

Senior Services Inc

Entry is pretty good. Many of the alt keyboard shortcuts that worked in Professional no longer work with Denali. This has slowed entry considerably. There are many things we would like to see in the reports ~ or available in the tables for use in reporting. Some data is very hard to retrieve from the software.

Stephanie from The HelpMe Foundation

Very affordable

Importing necessary info delegating items and accounts

Pros

Easy to use and helpful customer care ,importing functionality

Cons

Need to offer more detailed accessories in order to keep better track of financials

Monika from NCCOA

Very user friendly!

Modules work very well with each other, constant improvements. Staff, trainers, techs are all very helpful and great to work with. Highly recommend!

Darlene from Centre Water Works

Industry: Utilities

Darlene Rieger

Like the software thus far. Some of the programs could use bigger print both on screen and paper.

Kathy from EEI

Denali Review

Report capabilities are limited. Would also like to combine accounts for annual budgeting. It is a good value for the money.