Donorbox Software Reviews

Donorbox Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"It is very easy to setup and for our parishioners to use. Donorbox customer service is also awesome."
  • icon"A very slick product that allows you to build your campaigns, your way. If you ever have any questions, their customer service team is amazing and replies back quickly."
  • icon"Very easy to set up, manage and create donation capabilities on my website. Also, super easy integrations with my third party payment processor."
  • icon"Limited in features to be fully functional with more current needs."
  • icon"Having to pay a few different monthly integrations and fees quickly adds up and eats into your budget, making the software itself quite pricey."
  • icon"The customization options of the forms are a little sparse and basic. It was difficult to fully change the colors of the form to our organization's colors."

Browse all Donorbox Reviews

• Have you used Donorbox and would like to share your experience with others?

Pam

March 2022

Can't get along without Donorbox!

Zach

NGO Donation Platform

It has been good. We have used since 2018 and they have rolled out more and more features. It has accomplished the couple things we needed it to do successfully. Beautiful forms that are customizable. I didn't see need for use of WP plugin even though we use wordpress, it didn't really add much there.

Pros

We loved giving donors the ability to login to recurring gift management. It also allows donor to cover processing fees (and they use it if it's there!).

Cons

Still being developed out dashboard. I've been wanting to see on receipt how much donor paid (like a split) of donation fees. Not able to do that yet.

Pricing at the time.

Better forms.

Response from Donorbox

Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us and we appreciate your feedback! We'll be sure to share this with our product team. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Replied April 2021

Austin

No brainer!

It's been a breath of fresh air. Prior to Donorbox I have used Classy, Salsa and Network for Good. Each have annual fees and yearly contracts, if you move from one of them then your monthly donors don't transfer, lame! Donorbox was made with the nonprofit in mind. It has all the functionality I need and it's easy to customize and manage donors. I wish I would have switched to them earlier.

Pros

- Best reoccurring giving. - Use of partners that do it better. Unlike other CRMs that try to do it all. Donorbox has API's already set up with Mailchimp and they use Stripe and Paypal. If you have used (and struggled with) Salsa or Network for good then you know the significance of this. Donorbox provides a powerful set of tools where the small nonprofit can thrive and continue focusing on their mission. - No annual cost or contract and low processing fee. - Forms are easy to create and customize.

Cons

You can make the crowdfunding and donation form a Peer-to-peer fundraiser. Which is cool. I think it would be better if I could just create a peer-to-peer form and be able to customize it a little bit more. Still functional but I bet it could improve.

Reasons for choosing Donorbox

Cost, features and customer service.

Reasons for switching to Donorbox

Network for good seems good on the surface and those salesman can deliver a good presentation. It wasn't until a month into the contract that I started to see all of the flaws and when I would suggest edits to the developers, nothing ever happened. I used them for two years. Stagnate, stuck in the early 2000s. There were three major reasons I switched. I'll only share one of those reasons; with NFG, when a donor signs up to give monthly it gives them the option to select how long (ex. 6 months, 1 year, forever ...). Even though it is easy to cancel a reoccurring donation, "forever" is a serious word so everyone selects a different option. Then their payment processor isn't smart so when a CC expires or when the billing address changes then the reoccurring donation stops. So lame and unnecessary (built for the donor not the nonprofit). I found myself doing a lot of work just to get donors to sign back up. With the correct technology, thank you Donorbox, this isn't a struggle. Contract and annual fee was a big turn off. Salsa: Contract and annual fee can be a killer. Salsa has some cool tools. I ultimately switched from Salsa because I lost a $15,000 online donation from someone in Hong Kong. Their payment processor wouldn't allow it in that area. The donor got sketched out. Gone. Lame.

Allison

Donorbox Review

Pros

Donorbox is great for a basic integration to seek donations.

Cons

It is very basic and has not had many upgrades therefore it lacks the professional touch that many of the competitors offer.

Reasons for switching to Donorbox

idonate was no longer affordable for our organization.

Maya

September 2022

Love it and so glad to no longer have 7 different options for asking donations!

Very customer service oriented. I really love working with DB. They just need to polish a few things before rolling out anything new and test it out. They usually fix whatever I inquire about, but I'm sad that the event and CRM software isn't up and running. So I'm still dependent on other programs.

Pros

Tax letters/receipts that are sent out immediately.

Cons

I wish their event features were on the level of eventbrite. I was so excited when they rolled out the events platform only to discover it just doesn't have the reporting and functions we need. I still have to use Eventbrite.

Donorbox was superior.

Reasons for switching to Donorbox

Paypal has terrible reporting. I didn't have addresses, and it was hard to track monthly donors.

Nicolas

Industry: International Affairs

October 2022

Donorbox has helped us exponentially grow our donor base and total contributions

Pros

Donorbox’s wide range of payment options and its ability to accept nearly every currency in the world makes it a vital component of our organization’s fundraising as our donors and members are located around the world.

Cons

Thanks to Donorbox’s continual addition of new features, the cons we noted when we were first selecting the platform have since disappeared.

Reasons for switching to Donorbox

Patreon charges a significant fee and lacks the features that Donorbox offers, it is not an effective fundraising platform for most non-profit organizations.

Industry: Political Organization

Campain

Great

Pros

Easy set up. Easy for users. Easy to log in.

Cons

Need employer address. Hard to upload different pictures.

Easy

Gwendellin

November 2022

Happy Donorbox User

It’s efficient, simple, and American. Makes me feel more secure about payments.

Pros

The tools are easy to navigate and simple. User friendly and intuitive.

Cons

I haven’t seen anything I don’t like about the software.

Reasons for switching to Donorbox

The amount per transaction is too high. Explored other options.

Katie

Good Care Support

Pros

Customer Support is very quick and pleasant to work with. From our experience they are also open to feature improvement suggestions.

Cons

The events/ticketing option doesn't have Euro option yet

Lower price, DonorBox added SEPA and more Fundraising features

Grady

I'm Grateful For Donorbox

I'm happy with Donorbox and don't have any complaints. Their customer service was quick to respond to my questions.

Pros

We had a year to transition to our own fundraising and donation platform. I'm no computer expert but was able to put all the pieces together to make it work.

Cons

If I could improve anything I would increase the amount allowed for ACH donations.

Reasons for choosing Donorbox

It was recommended by a friend.

Emily

Donorbox Review

I appreciate the clean looking form and the results we have achieved so far. I recommend using Donorbox!

Pros

I like the price and the quick set-up. It is very easy to set up and use.

Cons

I did have trouble getting my embeddable code formatted in the way I liked it. Donorbox employees responded quickly, but it would be helpful if code formatting documents (like the ones already written) could be requested based on the website host.

Price, formatting, function

Rebecca

November 2022

Donorbox serves our watershed association's fundraising needs

Excellent software and customer service when I've needed to ask a question.

Pros

Creating individual campaigns for General Donations, Annual Membership, or specific discrete campaigns geared for a specific event or fundraiser, is easy to do and then sync with our website.

Cons

Distinctions between automated 'thank you letters & tax receipts' for recurring donors or members if less clear than process for automated letters/receipts for one-time donors or members.

Erin

Highly recommend

Pros

Easy for users to pay and checkout, easy to use on the administrative side. We like the ability to customize each campaign, the donation meters, and the ease of downloading lists of donors. It's been particularly helpful for peer-to-peer fundraising: we set up a campaign for each fundraiser, making it possible to customize each fundraiser's goal, donation increments, colors, thank-you notes, everything. It's been a great addition to our website and one we're happy to recommend.

Cons

No issues or complaints. Easy to use, easy to implement.

Reasons for switching to Donorbox

We use Squarespace for our website and enjoy most of its features. However, its website donation feature did not give us as much customization or as much information about our donors.

Response from Donorbox

Hi Erin! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Replied April 2020

Rachel

Kind Staff and Robust Features

Fantastic, I've worked with 3 other donation platforms and this one is by far the best value, best experience for me as an admin, and best experience for our donors.

Pros

The staff at Donorbox are the kindest customer support folks I've ever worked with. Through learning the platform, migrating recurring donors from other platforms into Donorbox, and setting up an integration with our Salesforce account they have been helpful, patient, and simply pleasant to work with. Further, I appreciate that as Donorbox adds new features (such as crowdfunding) they don't put them behind a paywall.

Cons

I know my marketing coworkers wish some of the design features gave us more customization.

Reasons for switching to Donorbox

We had donations coming in from multiple platforms, and the backend was difficult for staff to manage. Also, we wanted a platform that a donor portal for our recurring donors as well as one that integrated with Salesforce.

Replied April 2021

Elizabeth

Game Changer

Integration with Salesforce NPSP, Pardot, and Wordpress - after a small learning curve, it's all seamless.

Pros

I can't say enough good things about Donorbox. We were struggling to sync our data to Salesforce and manage recurring donors in prior systems. It was time consuming and inaccurate. We implemented Donorbox and bam - it just works. Their support is responsive. The integration is excellent. The interface is easy. Our recurring donors can manage their own profiles. It's been such a good fit that I recommended it to another client and helped them implement it. I don't usually write reviews but I had to do it here - it's just excellent and if it ever goes away I will cry.

Cons

There's a learning curve. But it's small, and worth learning for our purposes.

Reasons for choosing Donorbox

Donorbox had the best integration options

Reasons for switching to Donorbox

Integration with Salesforce was unreliable and a headache.

Response from Donorbox

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any suggestions on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Replied April 2020

Lauren

Donorbox's Customer Service Sets Them Apart

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product. Donorbox has helped my organization raise lots of money with their simple and easy to use platform.

Pros

Donorbox is a newer, free platform for allowing donors of your nonprofit to make a gift to your organization. By far, the best thing about them is their customer service. If you or your donor(s) has an issue, you submit a ticket through email and they get back to you generally within one hour. They then work quickly with you to solve whatever problem you're having. They have sent out surveys to clients and asked what features we would like to see added.

Cons

Donorbox has a login system for recurring donors, but none for donors who make a single gift or are regular givers. It would be great if that feature was included, as other companies that offer this type of service have. It would allow my organization to be more efficient and timely in other things we have to do.

Response from Donorbox

Hi there! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any suggestions on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Replied November 2019

Bonita

December 2021

Excellent Customer Support

Donorbox requires only a little learning to get the backend interface. It displays a beautiful donation box on the website, and it doesn't charge for features that other programs do. For a nonprofit, I think Donorbox is the best possible choice!

Pros

It was easy to set up. One glitch at the beginning that was dealt with in record time as soon as support was notified. It has been stable ever since. The organization had some questions about the way the fees work, and support went above and beyond to explain the fees and to suggest a way our nonprofit could apply for a discount with PayPal and save on fees.

Cons

I wasn't happy about the glitch that occurred that stopped the donor boxes from displaying properly on the website when I first set them up. They worked, and then, they didn't, and our account was not recognised in the system. However, as soon as it was brought to Donorbox tech support's attention, it was rectified, and the problem has never recurred. Hiccups happen, and since it has been stable ever since, I consider that a minor issue.

Reasons for choosing Donorbox

Donorbox was easy to set up and offers more features for free than the other plugin.

Reasons for switching to Donorbox

No matter how I tried, I couldn't get GiveWP to hook up with PayPal, and even though GiveWP gave me a printout of what to send to PayPal to fix the problem, PayPal's techies kept sending me the same useless information on how to set up the key and secret, even though there was no manual way to do so with GiveWP. I think GiveWP should make it so that one can do so manually and not just the automatic method, which didn't work for us. However, in the end, I think Donorbox was the better solution for our needs.

Industry: Fund-Raising