• Pros

• "The product is easy to navigate through. The set up was very quick and it integrates well with our work."

• "It's ease and simplicity is what I like best! "

• "It was easy to set up and is trusted by our customer base."

• Cons

• "Some limitations on reporting and back end donor management. Some bells and whistles may be absent (that others might need) but it still fit our need of our non-profit just nicely."

• "I'd love if it could automatically export .csv data to squarespace email campaigns but i appreciate that's pretty niche. It can however do it with mailchimp. As it is i do it manually once a month."

• "- I wish the app was a bit easier to use. - Clearer explanation of the partnership with Stripe and why I have two accounts. "

Browse Donorbox Reviews

Damon from Designed by Damon

If you have donors, you need Donorbox

I use Donorbox on all the non-profit websites that I manage. I encourage everyone who collects donations to check it out.

Pros

The dashboard is easy to navigate and setup, even for the non-technical among us. The included code snippets make adding donation buttons to your website quickly. I've been using Donorbox since 2016 and always recommend them to all my clients.

Cons

There is not much to not like about Donorbox. I've not encountered any issue that was not resolved in shorty order. The customer service is outstanding.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2020

Hi Damon! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any suggestions on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Erin from Camp Casco

Highly recommend

Pros

Easy for users to pay and checkout, easy to use on the administrative side. We like the ability to customize each campaign, the donation meters, and the ease of downloading lists of donors. It's been particularly helpful for peer-to-peer fundraising: we set up a campaign for each fundraiser, making it possible to customize each fundraiser's goal, donation increments, colors, thank-you notes, everything. It's been a great addition to our website and one we're happy to recommend.

Cons

No issues or complaints. Easy to use, easy to implement.

Reasons for Switching to Donorbox

We use Squarespace for our website and enjoy most of its features. However, its website donation feature did not give us as much customization or as much information about our donors.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2020

Hi Erin! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Ruben from Lisbon Project

A reliable companion to our non-profit organisation

We decided to keep using Donorbox, while asking their support team to improve their donor analytics, and offer email client integration for campaign management.

Pros

Choosing Donorbox was easy: it has a very simple user interface and it doesn't bother you with unnecessary terms and options. It has great support for EU payment systems.

Cons

After some researching, I learned that other tools provide better donor analytics, and even include campaign management.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

Friendly user interface and great support for EU payment systems, like SEPA.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2021

Thank you so much for your review of Donorbox! We're thrilled that you've enjoyed your experience with us and we appreciate your feedback! If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Allison from Wings of Hope

Donorbox Review

Pros

Donorbox is great for a basic integration to seek donations.

Cons

It is very basic and has not had many upgrades therefore it lacks the professional touch that many of the competitors offer.

Reasons for Switching to Donorbox

idonate was no longer affordable for our organization.

Nate from Denver Gap Year

Great For Processing Donations

They have been an incredible tool for our small nonprofit. The price points are awesome, we love the customer service and it makes sending out giving receipts easy.

Pros

- Free use up to a certain price point. - Excellent customer service for our small organization. - Easy to use tools and integration.

Cons

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2021

Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We're thrilled that you've enjoyed your experience with us and we appreciate your feedback! If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Rachel from Trees, Water & People

Kind Staff and Robust Features

Fantastic, I've worked with 3 other donation platforms and this one is by far the best value, best experience for me as an admin, and best experience for our donors.

Pros

The staff at Donorbox are the kindest customer support folks I've ever worked with. Through learning the platform, migrating recurring donors from other platforms into Donorbox, and setting up an integration with our Salesforce account they have been helpful, patient, and simply pleasant to work with. Further, I appreciate that as Donorbox adds new features (such as crowdfunding) they don't put them behind a paywall.

Cons

I know my marketing coworkers wish some of the design features gave us more customization.

Reasons for Switching to Donorbox

We had donations coming in from multiple platforms, and the backend was difficult for staff to manage. Also, we wanted a platform that a donor portal for our recurring donors as well as one that integrated with Salesforce.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2021

David from Victims of Injustice, Inc

Trustworthy and simple

DonorBox has been instrumental in increasing our fundraising donor base and cash flow.

Pros

It was easy to set up and is trusted by our customer base.

Cons

I really haven't found a downside. There was a learning curve setting things up but it wasn't insurmountable. We have multiple forms now.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

Because first, DonorBox came so highly recommended. Then, when our monthly revenue was below a certain amount there was no charge for the DonorBox services.

Reasons for Switching to Donorbox

DonorBox is much less cumbersome and easier to use. PayPal doesn't allow automatic deductions.

Response from Donorbox

Replied July 2020

Hi, David! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Lyndsay from Great Falls Public Schools Foundation

Love the Ease of Use

Pros

Easy to customize. Love that donors are able to cover the fees.

Cons

I wish I didn't have to go to a separate PayPal or Stripe page to check on donations.

Reasons for Switching to Donorbox

Ease of use and recommended by website designer.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2020

Hi Lyndsay! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. We do understand that it would certainly be more convenient to check your donations directly within the Donorbox dashboard. Thanks for the suggestion! If you ever need our help or have any more ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Gerben from Stichting Vrienden van The Gospel Standard

Donorbox: the right choice for nonprofits

We really enjoy using Donorbox for fund raising. The support is very good. Each question we had was answered very swift. Great product and a great team. Recommended!

Pros

This products is very easy to implement. We've got it ready in a few hours. It is easy to use, adjustable to your specific requirements. Connected to Stripe Payments nonprofit as we are can get a deduction of fees which makes it more attractive. We have integrated it in our Weebly website as our own page so people do not even notice we use Donorbox. It has all the features we need as a nonprofit trust and even more than we use.

Cons

One thing we would really like to see as a new feature: the possibility to have check boxes for choosing goals and give visitors the option to give money for each goal. Currently a visitor can only pick one goal and donate for that goal.

Response from Donorbox

Replied October 2020

Hi, Gerben! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. We've taken note of your suggestions for more functionality around goals - thank you for that! If you ever need our help or have any ideas on other features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Donorbox is exactly what I needed

I looked hard for a way to accept a small number of monthly donations in small amounts that didn’t involve incorporating a business or doing a lot of overhead. Donorbox solves my problem!

Pros

It’s a free and easy way to accept automatic monthly donations.

Cons

I wish there was an app or at least a good mobile-friendly site design for the admin side of things.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

It did what I wanted! None of the others would automatize monthly donations without me doing a whole other set of things.

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2019

Hi there! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any suggestions on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

James from Union Gospel Mission

Donorbox is a great starter donation software that takes minutes to get running.

Pros

Donorbox is simple and intuitive with great instructions to help get setup. One of my favorite things about Donorbox is that I'm able to keep donors on the site, through an embedded Donorbox form. I don't need to send them to a landing page off-site. That's a big deal and keeps donors comfortable finishing the process of giving.

Cons

Donorbox is still maturing and some features that I think ought to be built-in, they charge for. Like integrating with an integration software... I have worked with multiple other softwares that simply allow integration, and none of them charge, including other donation platforms.

Response from Donorbox

Replied October 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review Donorbox on Capterra! We truly appreciate your honest feedback. Since we aim to keep our fees as low as possible, we only charge when absolutely necessary. We are, in fact, working on building features so that some integrations won¿t be necessary any more. It will be built into Donorbox. We¿ll be sure to keep you updated with our progress. We've also recently launched our API and Zapier integration that lets connect with any number of other platforms. You can check that out here - https://donorbox.org/nonprofit-blog/blog-announcing-integration-zapier

Elizabeth from Independent Media Institute

Game Changer

Integration with Salesforce NPSP, Pardot, and Wordpress - after a small learning curve, it's all seamless.

Pros

I can't say enough good things about Donorbox. We were struggling to sync our data to Salesforce and manage recurring donors in prior systems. It was time consuming and inaccurate. We implemented Donorbox and bam - it just works. Their support is responsive. The integration is excellent. The interface is easy. Our recurring donors can manage their own profiles. It's been such a good fit that I recommended it to another client and helped them implement it. I don't usually write reviews but I had to do it here - it's just excellent and if it ever goes away I will cry.

Cons

There's a learning curve. But it's small, and worth learning for our purposes.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

Donorbox had the best integration options

Reasons for Switching to Donorbox

Integration with Salesforce was unreliable and a headache.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2020

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any suggestions on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Lauren from MAP International

Donorbox's Customer Service Sets Them Apart

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product. Donorbox has helped my organization raise lots of money with their simple and easy to use platform.

Pros

Donorbox is a newer, free platform for allowing donors of your nonprofit to make a gift to your organization. By far, the best thing about them is their customer service. If you or your donor(s) has an issue, you submit a ticket through email and they get back to you generally within one hour. They then work quickly with you to solve whatever problem you're having. They have sent out surveys to clients and asked what features we would like to see added.

Cons

Donorbox has a login system for recurring donors, but none for donors who make a single gift or are regular givers. It would be great if that feature was included, as other companies that offer this type of service have. It would allow my organization to be more efficient and timely in other things we have to do.

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2019

Abigail from Viva Theater

Industry: Performing Arts

Easy and Effective

The non-profit theater company I volunteer for did not have a good way to solicit small donations from members of the community, so I searched to find software that we could link to the company's website. Once I found Donorbox, I was able to set up an account with Stripe, set up our donation page, and then launch the site with the Donate button. We put a Donate link in our email newsletters, and have been receiving a steady stream of small (and sometimes not so small) donations. Though there are a couple of steps to the process (all clearly outlined by Dropbox), it took only a little while to link up all the back end stuff. Now, my colleagues are thrilled and amazed to watch the donations pour in.

Pros

I am not a web designer, I am a civilian. I volunteered to set up a donation button for the website of a theater company of senior citizens. It may be the greatest compliment of all to say Donorbox can be used effectively by people who are baffled by the internet. I don't think I can elaborate enough on why this software is simply the best. The instructions are clear and simple; everything works on all browsers; the interfaces are crisp and easy to understand. I have no trouble finding stuff on the dashboard. I can easily administer our team. When a donation comes in, the emails goes quickly to everyone that I've designated, so that the donors can be thanked.

Cons

I can't come up with anything; everything works.

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2019

Kara from Kara Universal

Best Software

It is one of the best softwares for nonprofit start ups.

Pros

Cons

It uses another software that required facebook for verification of information.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

Ease of use and affordable rates.

Response from Donorbox

Replied October 2020

Hi, Kara! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Donor box review

Even if text-to-give is not yet an option, I'd still recommend Donorbox over other donation systems. It's rare, from my research, to get this much of functionality, simplicity, safety, and speed for so little financial investment.

Pros

Really appreciate that Donorbox is so simple to use and so affordable. It's very helpful to have the option of suggested donation amounts as well - since starting to suggest amounts to our donors we've noticed an increase in donations! Really value the integrations with Salesforce and Mailchimp as well. This has allowed us greater functionality while keeping the cost of a donation system low.

Cons

There are many great things about Donorbox that I thoroughly enjoy. However, a built-in text-to-give technology would really take it to the next level.

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! It¿s always great to hear that we¿ve helping our customers be more productive and successful. You¿ll be happy to know that we¿ve actually already started plans for a text-to-give feature. As soon as it¿s ready, we¿ll be sure to let you know. We¿re always working to make Donorbox better, so your feedback is really helpful and much appreciated. If you have any other ideas or features that you¿d like to see, please feel free to let us know. We wish you all the best with your fundraising efforts.

Rosalind from The Heart of Yoga

Fulfilled our specific need and way exceeded expectations

Excellent. Donorbox enabled us to share yoga education with people all over the world who wouldn't have had fair access to it based on their local economies unless we'd used the donation model.

Pros

Easy to use, enables people to pay what they can afford, which is the way of the future in this time of inequality. I loved all the options and especially being able to customise the reciept email, include images, and send login details (so basically using this donation software as a "pay what you can afford" plugin). Quick, friendly responses to questions and sounded like real people not robotic people.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

Because you can't customise the receipt email to send the login details with squarespace donations, so it doesn't work for a "by donation" product. Alternatively, the commerce features do not allow for a variable price. So we fell through a gap in the functionality of squarespace. And actually, I think donorbox works out cheaper than squarespace donate anyway.

Response from Donorbox

Replied July 2020

Hi, Rosalind! Thank you so much for your review of Donorbox! We're always looking for ways to improve our integrations with other platforms, so we really appreciate your feedback. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Josephine from St George's Church Barcelona

A very helpful product, but a little tricky to set up if you want some control over options

Overall it was good, although it took much longer than I had expected. The website for Getting-started-with-Donorbox was extremely helpful and took you through the steps. But later, to modify information, it wasn't clear where that data was kept - Donorbox vs Stripe. Having to define my business and name an Executive Person was complex - and loading a .pdf for a utility bill kept failing (I had to make it a .jpg!).

Pros

For the user, the product is very easy to use, and it was up and running quite quickly. We began to receive donations quickly. Excellent! Creating Embed Code for us was extremely helpful. It was pretty well designed for ease of setting up.

Cons

Being from a computer background, but also a user in this case, I found the details about how information is used to be inadequately described. Specifically ... how the different e-mail fields will be used. Our main email is the church's, but we wanted finances and donation information to be to a separate e-mail address (for confidentiality purposes). In the end, this didn't work out. The boundaries between Donorbox and Stripe weren't clearly defined to me. The fee structure (Stripe and Donorbox) was not very clear in the end - what the rates were and who charged what.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

The fees were the least, and it was a secure platform. And there are no Donorbox fees charged if the monthly donations received are less than 1,000USD. And it seemed to be straightforward to set up (though the practicality was a bit more difficult).

Response from Donorbox

Replied July 2020

Hi, Josephine! Thank you so much for your review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback. I'm afraid that we don't have much control over Stripe's signup requirements for uploading documentation, but our team will certainly look at how we improve our documentation to be more helpful. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Ed from New Life

Off the Charts Useful!

After nearly 2 years use, it has been amazing to see the ongoing options added to this amazing software.

Pros

Searched for a solution for a non-profit website donation page and found DonorBox interface. I was very happy with what I found, and have been even happier since starting use. From super easy end user experience, to simple implementation on websites, Donorbox rocks! Users can donate via bank card, PayPal, or bank account. No fees are charged by DonorBox unless $1000 per month is processed. Other merchant processing fees apply as usual. DonorBox loves mobile users too!

Cons

Only regret is that I didn’t find it sooner!

Response from Donorbox

Replied December 2018

Thank you so much for your sterling review of Donorbox! It really means so much to our team when we hear that our customers are enjoying their Donorbox experience. Our goal has always been to give organizations and donors alike the best donation platform possible. So, it's awesome to know that Donorbox is helping to make your workload just a little bit easier. We welcome any suggestions you may have for us. It could be anything like a feature you'd like to see or perhaps there is something that we can do better. Your feedback would be really appreciated. And, it will help us make Donorbox even better. All the best with your fundraising! And thank you again for your wonderful review.

Michael from The Web Experience

Donorbox is a Must for Nonprofits

Excellent online software for recurring donations!

Pros

I discovered Donorbox when looking for a low-cost online solution for a nonprofit I founded feeding the hungry. It was amazing how much the software completely fit our needs. To earn a living, I develop websites and have recommended and implemented Donorbox in several nonprofits who are incredibly pleased. They like the ability to choose campaigns at will and the intuitive setup and use.

Cons

Nothing! We are all happy clients and love the support!

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2020

Hi Michael! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any suggestions on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Zach from Mercy Projects

NGO Donation Platform

It has been good. We have used since 2018 and they have rolled out more and more features. It has accomplished the couple things we needed it to do successfully. Beautiful forms that are customizable. I didn't see need for use of WP plugin even though we use wordpress, it didn't really add much there.

Pros

We loved giving donors the ability to login to recurring gift management. It also allows donor to cover processing fees (and they use it if it's there!).

Cons

Still being developed out dashboard. I've been wanting to see on receipt how much donor paid (like a split) of donation fees. Not able to do that yet.

Pricing at the time.

Better forms.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2021

Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us and we appreciate your feedback! We'll be sure to share this with our product team. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Anj from Oak and Furrows Wildlife Rescue

Industry: Veterinary

Great Customer Service

Great, a good platform to bring in regular and one off donations to our wildlife charity. Compared to other similar platforms the fees are just about the cheapest, and most of our donors opt to pay these for us.

Pros

I have been the administrator of our Donorbox account for over a year and whenever I need help I have had a reply the same day, and my queries have all been solved. I have spoken to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] several times and always sorts everything out for me.

Cons

I can't think of any cons

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

Fees. But pleased with overall service.

Response from Donorbox

Replied July 2020

Hi, Anj! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Emily from Restore17

User Friendly Software

I appreciate how easy it is to work with Donorbox and that they genuinely care about their customers.

Pros

I appreciate that I can log in easily to check on donor accounts. The setup is user friendly and easy to make changes to.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at this time because Donorbox has served us well for what we need and we have not had problems that I am aware of.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2020

Hi Emily Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Chuck from Lovepure Missions

Great Software and Simple to Use

We have a non profit website and have run various fundraising projects from our site and Donorbox makes it super easy to set up custom donation campaigns and take payments. We use Wix as our website and it was very easy to set up on our site. Also, Donorbox makes it very easy to connect with our payment processor (Strype). In short, donorbox is awesome and critical to enabling us to take donations on our website.

Pros

Very easy to set up, manage and create donation capabilities on my website. Also, super easy integrations with my third party payment processor. I also like the data and reporting. I can see all of my donors, their status, their history, etc.

Cons

I would like to see some improvements to email capabilities. Emails are easy to set-up, use and execute but they are pretty generic. Would love to have some template options to chose from.

Karen from Our Haus AFC

Easy to setup several giving campaigns

Pros

Love this tool because it is so simple to setup multiple campaigns that each have their own progress tracking and details. Embedding on my website is easy and just works. Set it and forget it type of thing. Pricing is simple. Entering donations received outside of the tool is easy.

Cons

Wish it had some additional integrations with my email tool or CRM.

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2018

We¿re so glad that you¿re enjoying Donorbox. It¿s always great to hear that we¿ve helping our customers be more productive and successful. I¿m not sure what email tool you are using, but Donorbox does offer a MailChimp integration as an optional extra feature. And I¿m happy to let you know that we do have future plans to develop our very own CRM feature. We¿ll keep you updated on that. If you have any other ideas or features that you¿d like to see, please feel free to let us know. We wish you all the best with your fundraising efforts.

Brian from Create Hope

Simple, Easy, Intuitive, Cost-Effective

Donorbox has allowed us to seamlessly integrate the giving into our accounting system and even has the option to integrate into the donor system should we choose that route. It makes the flow very simple and less time consuming for a small non-profit.

Pros

This software is very simple to setup and integrate into a website to accept donations. The options included to create giving buttons or categories are intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

I had to read several of the help files of how to make the connection between Donorbox, Stripe, and our bank account to accept ACH payments. However, it worked well. We have had a couple of donors who wanted to give by ACH, but could not find their bank in the stripe / plaid system. That was unfortunate, but hopefully they will find another option to give.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

The simplicity and low cost was why we ultimately chose Donorbox.

Response from Donorbox

Replied July 2020

Hi, Brian! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we'll work on improving our info about how Donorbox works. We're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Rachel from Shining Hope for the Vulnerable

Industry: Philanthropy

I’m So Glad I Found Donorbox!!

Because of you, my nonprofit now has a wonderful donation form that I feel confident using—and so do my donors!

Pros

Ease of use, affordability, very professional design, customization for integration on website, multiple options for embedding donation form (eg, button, pop up, webpage), and the option of accepting reoccurring donations and multiple payment methods.

Cons

Not as much customization that I would prefer on making a campaign, for example, adjusting what part of the background picture displays.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

For all the reasons I listed above about what I like most about you!

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2019

Jesse from Poor Bishop Hooper

Industry: Music

Donorbox has been everything we needed it to be!

Pros

Everything about Donorbox has been great. Simple to create, implement, and edit if needed. I've appreciated it's their customer service and willingness to look into unique problems related to my needs/desires for the product. All in all its been a simple and well built product to receive donations.

Cons

One time we ran into some customization hopes we had around design/layout that weren't possible.

Response from Donorbox

Replied October 2020

Hi, Jesse! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on customization features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Carolyn from Khen 106.9fm Community Radio

Industry: Broadcast Media

Support our needs very well

I can now do trending analysis through the extract function - although need the above enhancement!

Pros

It's ease and simplicity is what I like best!

Cons

I submitted a request that would make SO MUCH difference and I'd like to know if it's in the works - Specifically, I want an "account" id to be captured for each donor - which I did add as comments. However, in order to capitalize on this - it has to be added to the TRANSACTIONAL extract I do each month so that I can LINK that account id to my monthly off-line transactional reporting - Please feel free to contact me for more clarity.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

I considered an alternative vendor awhile back but felt it was overkill for our small org - - for now.

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2019

Hi Carolyn! Thank you for your feedback and your kind words. We're really glad you're enjoying Donorbox. We certainly understand how your request would improve the way you handle donations. Our team has been busy with some new features (Text to Give is almost ready), but we will look into your request when we can. If you need our help with anything else, please let us know at https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Nicola from Catholic Charities Bureau, Inc., Jacksonville Regional Office

Great addition to the team

We are so excited we found Donorbox!

Pros

We have been using Donorbox as the donation page for our website since we launched the site. We love the software so much its been such a huge help to us.

Cons

No there are no features missing that we have found. We are happy we selected the product.

Reasons for Switching to Donorbox

Ease of use and reporting

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2020

Hi Nicola! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Kim from Mountains Youth Services Team

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Donor Box is easy to use

It's very easy to use.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and helpful in directing donations our way

Cons

It has an ongoing cost associated with it.

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2019

suryad from kevinmax technologies

Best Fundraising Software

Initially, we were sceptical of investing into a donation system, even affordable one, since we're looking for ways to save on all fronts. We thought we could just use PayPal. However, only when we switched to Donorbox we saw all the benefits of a donation system (i.e. the ongoing support, the variety of payment options, the suggested donation amounts etc.). Really recommend trying it out and seeing for yourself!

Pros

We have an international presence and also partner with a lot of companies so it's great to be able to accept company donations, accept multiple currencies and customize the donation forms in many different languages. It offers tons of features for a fraction of the price!

Cons

Although Donorbox offers the Salesforce integration, it'd be great if the Donorbox dashboard could be a bit more detailed and functional.

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2018

We¿re so glad that you¿re enjoying Donorbox. It¿s always great to hear that we¿ve helping our customers be more productive and successful. Thank you for your feedback regarding our dashboard. We¿ll definitely take this to the drawing board and see how we can improve. If you have any specific capabilities that you¿d like to see on our dashboard, please feel free to let us know about them. We wish you all the best with your fundraising efforts.

Great product!

Our online donations have increased since using it. I love DonorBox.

Pros

-Pricing -Easy to set up donation forms -Mobile responsive, makes it easy to give -Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, round up donations -So many nice features!

Cons

It doesn't integrate with other things that we would like it to, so integrations are a little limited.

Reasons for Switching to Donorbox

Donorbox is easier to use, offers more options, and has a low cost.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2021

Jonathan from Great State Apparel

Great for getting started with online donations

Pros

Easy setup for nonprofits or churches with recurring giving and low costs. Combined with Stripe, you can get pretty decent rates for payment processing. Easy to use interface and multiple giving pages can be setup.

Cons

Lacks a lot of the donor management features that other tools offer.

Response from Donorbox

Replied December 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're glad you are having a good experience with Donorbox. We'd love to learn your thoughts on what donor management features you'd like to see in Donorbox. Any input you could give us would help our Development team. We're always looking for ways we can get better, so your feedback would be very much appreciated.

Lyndall from Pelvic Pain Foundation of Australia

Easy to use.

I like that the user chooses how they pay to donation, the money is automatically paid into our account, the receipt is issued and all I have to do is log the donation into my excel spreadsheet.

Pros

It issues receipts so reduces my workload.

Cons

I'd like users to be able to write their campaign name in when donating so I know if the donation is on behalf of someone's birthday on the email I receive.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

Our Tech guy suggested it.

Reasons for Switching to Donorbox

Saves time replying to emails and sending out individualised receipts.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2020

Hi Lyndall! Thank you so much for your review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback. Donorbox has a feature that lets donors choose if they're making their donation in honor/ in memory of someone. You can find out more here - https://bit.ly/3cysZVd If you ever need our help or have any suggestions on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Sayla from Cat Adoption Foundation

We recommend Donorbox

Pros

The best things we found about Donorbox were its ease of use and low rates.

Cons

We don't have anything we liked least about the product.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

Best rates and ease of use.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2020

Hi Sayla! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Marina from UNITED WAY España

EASY AND EFFECTIVE

We are able to get more donors thanks to the ease of use.

Pros

We were looking for something that was easy to use for our donors. Donorbox was the solution!

Cons

Maybe a bit more options so we can get better data or give other options for our donors.

Friend's recommendation

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2020

Hi Marina! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. Our team is already working on better reporting features so we can give you the insights you're looking for. We'd love to learn more about what kind of data you'd like to see. Please feel free to reach out to us at https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We look forward to hearing from you!

Jenna from Committee to Elect Jenna Nand

Industry: Political Organization

A great option for small organizations

Donorbox was great for taking online donations, which is all that we needed. We didn’t have to pay too much out-of-pocket, which was helpful. I think this is an appropriate platform for a small political races like ours.

Pros

We liked that it was cheap and accessible, especially compared to competitors like ActBlue, whose monthly rate would’ve been too much for our small race.

Cons

I do not like their process of bundling your donations in the beginning and then depositing them only at certain times of the month, sometimes we really do need that money fast and having some sort of 24 hour or 48 hour deposit window like Zelle would be much more helpful.

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2019

Chris from Laguna Beach Seniors

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy for everyone

We're very satisfied. But we're not really taking full advantage of what Donorbox can do. All we really needed was a simple, clean donation process that takes place on our website, rather than having donors go to and return from PayPal.

Pros

We needed a donation process that was more professional-looking than PayPal buttons. Donorbox turned out to be as easy to set up as promised, and it looks great on our website, which is built on a Weebly template and maintained by a volunteer webmaster. The automated email receipts are saving lots of time for our part-time finance staffer, which means larger donations can get real thank-you letters, and not form letters with a few personal words tacked on. Also, a lot of our donors also cover the fees.

Cons

Some of our nitpickers would have liked a larger form size. Personally, I think it's fine. I would also settle for some sort of phased fee structure. As much as I like running no charges for months when we raise less than $1000, if we raise $1001 we get charged 1.5% for the full amount.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

Ease of use, elegant interface, and low-cost — free on many months when we don't raise more than the threshold for a platform fee.

Reasons for Switching to Donorbox

Making buttons on PayPal is clunky, and a lot of people avoid PayPal even though it will take other credit cards.

Response from Donorbox

Replied July 2020

Hi, Chris! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and our team has made note of it. We're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Christine from Dog Trouble Foundation

Invaluable resource

I can’t imagine how we would have raised the funds we have and had the opportunities that have been created for us without DonorBox. It’s without doubt the best donation software for charities.

Pros

The extent to which I can customise each of our fundraising appeals is a huge benefit. Every appeal we have looks so professional and it’s so easy to create a bespoke appeal and loaf it onto our website

Cons

It’s hard to find anything to criticise about the software

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2019

Katie from St. Margaret Foundation

Easy to Use and Does the Job Well

Overall, I highly recommend. Customer support is quick to answer, forms are easy to create.

Pros

I had no prior knowledge in setting up forms like this - the step by step process was so simple to follow and allowed me to add in all of the questions needed specific to our Foundation. Our online giving has increased by over 300% in the last year!

Cons

Nothing I can think of - I did a lot of research on price, and this is one of the best. Especially if you don't get a lot of gifts online, you don't get much taken out.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2021

Christina from Christina Perera Ministries Inc

I am a non-profit Christian ministry and donor box has mad collecting ad accepting donations easy!

So many benefits which include donation processing online, multiple donation accounts to keep track of specific events, built in donor management, automated receipts, and so much more! Love donor box, for the non-profit I would highly recommend it over PayPal!

Pros

Free processing up to 1000 dollars per month, automatic reoccurring donations, ease of use, built in donor management system, receipt automation and so much more!

Cons

It is hard to find something but if I had to pick it would be the ability to sell tickets along with donations. Adding this feature would be fantastic and about the use of other ticketing sits like eventbrite.

Response from Donorbox

Replied October 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review Donorbox on Capterra! We¿re so glad you¿re enjoying using our donation platform. You¿ll be glad to know that we¿ve already been making plans to develop a ticketing functionality into Donorbox. We¿ll be sure to keep you updated with our progress.

Jake from It's Redacted Media

Donorbox: the Patreon alternative you didn't know existed!

Honestly, much better than I expected. Super easy to use. The design of the home landing page didn't scream 'quality' to me, but once I signed up I realized I was wrong. This is a very professional group.

Pros

I LOVE that Donorbox was so easy to set up. And their customer service was so quick to respond, answering the questions I had. Basically, I am a for profit, but I use Donorbox for general support of my media production content. Patreon supporters wanted a backup, and Donorbox offers that, and also offers the ability to get one-time payments for supporters.

Cons

No cons. I like how it integrates with Stripe to be honest. Easy to set up.

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

Donorbox customer service was easier to get ahold of

Response from Donorbox

Replied July 2020

Hi, Jake! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. We really appreciate your feedback and our team has made note of it. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Lexie from Pearl’s Preserve

The best software for non profits and monthly donors

I have been so happy with donor box in every aspect.

Pros

Donor box manages all of our monthly sponsors and reminds them of a payment is missed or needs to be updated . Our supporters like the easy of use of signing up

Cons

Nothing! This is the best software for non profits!

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2019

Barbara from Health Industry

It works, is easy to use and looks great!

Pros

It's free for NGOs! The interface is elegant and modern, without being too clever. It's easy for us to set up and even easier for our contributors to use!

Cons

We have not encountered any Cons at all.

Response from Donorbox

Replied November 2019

SARAH from Meals on wheels

Donor box

We've had success with donorbox over the past year and will continue to use it going forward.

Pros

The program is easy to use and keeps the fees reasonable for nonprofits to be able to keep low overhead

Cons

There are some features such as monthly donor subscription options that would be nice to see added to the services.

Nick from JamQuest

Perfect for Small Non-Profit

If you are a small non-profit, Donorbox is a perfect starting point. It allows you to collect donations and send communications automatically. We would recommend it to anyone that's looking to begin taking donations on their website.

Pros

Donorbox was a great initial software that our non-profit used as we started. It was cheap, straightforward, and easy to integrate with out website. We had specific campaigns as well as general donations. We loved how simple it was, the automation it provided, and the record we were able to keep because of it.

Cons

Because of it's price, it lacks some of the most robust features that other platforms have. It doesn't have great donor management software but we didn't initially use it for that.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2021

Fr. Jay from Holy Ghost Church

Donorbox is a great service

I highly recommend Donorbox to other churches.

Pros

It is very easy to setup and for our parishioners to use. Donorbox customer service is also awesome!

Cons

It would be helpful if donors could set up automatic giving at other times than weekly. One parishioner requested bi-weekly.

Ease of use and setup.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2021

Charles from St Ladislas Council 16373

Ease of use

Very happy with Donorbox.

Pros

Donations are very easy to do. Good tracking of goal. Multiple donations available.

Cons

Don't get a tracking from Stripe for each days sales compared to deposit.

Response from Donorbox

Replied July 2020

Hi, Charles! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us and we really appreciate your feedback. I'm afraid we don't have much control over Stripe's features, but we'll continue working on getting you the info you need. If you ever need our help or have any ideas on features you'd like to see, please feel free to contact us on https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We'd love to hear from you!

Andrew from #HomelessEntrepreneur

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Best fundraising tools ever!

There’s a before and after with donatebox!

Pros

I love how easy it is for donors to support us economically!

Cons

Would be great if it copied some of gofundme’s features

Reasons for Choosing Donorbox

Our UX expert recommending it after studying the market.

Response from Donorbox

Replied April 2020

Hi Andrew! Thank you so much for your awesome review of Donorbox! We really appreciate your feedback and we're thrilled that you're enjoying your experience with us. We would love to learn more about what kind of features you'd like to see. Perhaps we are already working on them. Please feel free to reach out to us at https://donorbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We look forward to hearing from you!