What are DonorPerfect users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using DonorPerfect software through verified user reviews

• icon"How easy it is to use and the dashboard is very user friendly and displays all of the information in an easy to read format."
  • icon"They are constantly updating and adding new features to better Donor Perfect. The software is so user friendly and the customer service is amazing."
  • icon"Donor Perfect is an easy-to-use software with a clear user interface. There are occasional helpful fundraising seminars and its online community tech support is clear and helpful."
  • icon"I find it difficult to run reports. There are a lot of upgrade features that you have to pay."
  • icon"Bundles are confusing - it’s hard to remember what is an add on and what is part of the main pla."
  • icon"Fairly limited in overall scope. Didn't do a lot of additional things past your basic data storage."

Browse all DonorPerfect Reviews

• Have you used DonorPerfect and would like to share your experience with others?

Terri

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Best Value for the Money

Brett

DonorPerfect for the Smaller Non-Profit

I highly, highly recommend, DonorPerfect, and am currently attempting to have my present employer switch to it from a far less intuitive donor database. I honestly cannot sing the praises of DonorPerfect enough. It is a donor database designed by fundraisers, who continuously accept input from other fundraisers.

Pros

There is so much to love about DonorPerfect. After 10 years in professional fundraising, working with everything from the most-known donor database to numerous smaller ones, DonorPerfect really is perfect. It's extremely intuitive, and extremely customisable. During my training, I was actually jumping ahead of my trainer, and ended up not using a full two hours of the training DonorPerfect provides. Furthermore, I was able to quickly and easily train others on how to use the database.

Cons

There was one quirk around using Tab, where it would skip a field near the top of the main Constituent page, then jump back up to it. I never did figure out how to work around that issue.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you Brett for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear how easy you found the system to learn. The Technical Support Department is available to assist with any questions you may have when working in the system. Please reach out to them about they issue you are experiencing when using the Tab key. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Replied November 2018

Nancy

Easy to Use and Get Up to Speed Quickly

Our first year has gone extremely well. Everyone was able to get up to speed quickly. Even pitching in to help with gift entry during the busy season with little to no experience was easy. I wish there was more customization available with reporting or even some ways to build more complex filters. We may purchase Smart Analytics to move into a deeper dive with our data.

Pros

DonorPerfect is easy on the eyes. The large font makes data entry and reviewing records very easy, which is important when you are in the database most of the day. The program is pretty intuitive and very easy to navigate. Trainings are important and for the most part, very good. I like being able to run a report and click on a name or gift in the report and go directly to the donor record to gather further information.

Cons

The product's "Knowledgebase" feature is lacking. The glossary of terms in almost empty. It's difficult to find resources to solve problems or just to look up a "how to". Chat support is very helpful when you get the right person. Most are patient and very informative. As far as customization - the main complaint I have is that we have to use DP's criteria for lapsed and active donors. DP has some wonderful packaged reports, but they are useless for us because our definitions of lapsed, lost or recaptured are different. They also do not capture soft credit information on these packaged reports.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

The program had made no improvements over the past few years - it wasn't keeping up with the field.

Eliza

July 2022

Migrated from RE and never looked back!

Our experience has been great.

Pros

Much more user friendly than the competition.

Cons

Batch upload of online giving gets stuck sometimes.

Reasons for choosing DonorPerfect

Online giving automatic upload, usability, cost

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

Previous product was unwieldy, difficult to use, and far more complicated than was worth our time and monney.

Outdated UI,

DonorPerfect is a perfectly fine CRM, but seems to be about 5-10 years behind on a lot of the other solutions. While I understand the strategy that some non-profits don't want to pay for everything, it's jarring to go to a place on admin panel of the site and then get hit with what equates to a pop-up ad to upgrade the subscription. The support team isn't too supportive unless you The

Pros

DonorPerfect has a good ecosystem of support materials for non-profits. There are some decent integrations with constant contact and other vendors.

Cons

DonorPerfect's donation forms have terrible aesthetics. There is also a constant push to upgrade your subscription, and a limit on the number of records.

Response from SofterWare

Hi DonorPerfect User, I have great news! We are close to releasing our brand new forms, and I would love the opportunity to share all of the great new features with you. The new forms will be available at no additional cost for our new and existing DP Online Forms clients! Our pricing has always been designed with our client's best interests in mind. Our goal is to put our clients in the driver's seat when choosing the extras for their DonorPerfect CRM. However, we are always listening and our new pricing is more feature rich while keeping the flexibility we love to offer. We would be happy to provide you with a pricing review. I apologize you had that support experience. I would love to have additional feedback about your support interactions. We always appreciate it when our clients take the time to help us improve the customer service experience for all of our clients. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Replied August 2022

Marla

Industry: Individual & Family Services

June 2022

DonorPerfect is the perfect reason to leave Raisers Edge

I have never wavered on selecting DonorPerfect when we wanted to get out of RE. There is no reason to continue to pay excessive fees when the quality and performance of DonorPerfect is exceptional.

Pros

The cost and ease of use for DonorPerfect is much appreciated.

Cons

There is a little quirkiness in a few reports and treating monthly recurring as pledges but all can be worked through.

Bloomerang

Reasons for choosing DonorPerfect

At the time, it was due to reporting availability.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

Too Expensive! Not user friendly! Customer Service lacking! And did I say Too Expensive!

Caroline

February 2022

Donor Perfect is Perfect for Non-Profits

We love the customer service and the ease of use.

Pros

The software is east to use and allows you to generate financial reports in a flash! It is also very easy to add your own custom fields.

Cons

I wish the Auction software that integrates with Donor Perfect was better equipped for events. We were sold on using it as an included package and had to stay with OneCause, which costs us extra money. OneCause is a better fundraising event partner for online auctions.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

We needed a better plateform and this one was highly recommended by another non-profit.

Stacy

It's full of surprises

Overall, I get excited anytime I learn a new thing on DP. There's so much we can do with the program.

Pros

I like using DP because it has so many ways to track and maintain records. You can have everything in one place.

Cons

We have some major issues with receipting last year.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

I wasn't part of the team making the decision.

Angela

June 2022

Great Value for the Investment

The Donor Perfect experience has been great. They have great product, fully supported by knowledgeable support staff.

Pros

Donor Perfect is a robust donor management product. It has many features, many of which we are still learning to utilize after 2 years.

Cons

The reporting aspect takes some intuitive work as well as support from Donor Perfect. Because there are so many aspects you have to be thoughtful in pulling together information.

Reasons for choosing DonorPerfect

They offered a great product.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

Facts Giving, while integrated with our school software was in the beginning stages and could not meet our needs.

Jessica

A fantastic CRM for nonprofits

Pros

I use DonorPerfect every day to track all of our donors and their donations and I love it! The platform works extremely well to track not only the donors but the different contacts that are made. I like the fact that we can customize the fields without needing to call in and pay more. Very user-friendly.

Cons

The payment processing could use an update to the newer nonprofit standards and designs but they are adapting, just more slowly than others.

Christine

DonorPerfect

Pros

Pulling reports is useful and I love being able to customize exactly which filters/search parameters as needed.

Cons

Imports are not always intuitive, sometimes also not smooth integration with Constant Contact

Labin

Industry: Fund-Raising

A solid solution for a competitive price

We've had a very good experience with DonorPerfect. We moved from Raiser's Edge, and our team has been very pleased with the capabilities of the platform over the past several years.

Pros

Implementation Customer support Thoughtful product design Recurring giving support Donor contact tracking Donor record display Online giving form integration User administration and settings controls Detailed control of reporting via SQL Scheduled reports

Cons

No current integration with MailChimp No current integration with Zapier Dashboards can be a little cumbersome to set up

Reasons for choosing DonorPerfect

DonorPerfect offered a better mix of CRM capabilities and it had a proved track record in the industry.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge was both cost-prohibitive and needlessly cumbersome to use, onboard, and customize.

Kim

Look no farther! If you've found Donor Perfect just take it for a test drive and then buy!

We are a small non profit that has a huge database. The ease with which we can utilize the same records in one office in the USA and a second office overseas is incredible.

Pros

I love every feature Donor Perfect has to offer! They make it so easy to run and manage over 30,000 records with ease. All databases cost something, it was a hard adjustment to make paying the monthly fee, however, I found that it was my most worthwhile and least expensive employee. Paying for Donor Perfect solved so many problems and made every employee's job so much easier. We didn't know what we were missing until we tried Donor Perfect.

Cons

I can't think of one thing that I really dislike about Donor Perfect. The email feature is a little weak, but we knew that going in, and there are work arounds. It works!

Reasons for choosing DonorPerfect

proven capacity to work 24/7 in different parts of the world. No "down-time" in non USA operating hours. Ability to receipt donations in multiple currencies. Longevity in the industry.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

Fundly was NO FUN as in not functional! We wasted HOURS and HOURS and HOURS of employee time watching the green circle spin around and around and around. It took minutes to load a single donor record to enter a simple donation. Heaven help you if you needed to do anything big like run a report...

Maria

Your life is easier at work with Donor Perfect

I have enjoyed it very much so far. It requires training, but it becomes a handy resource that helps you do your job once you understand it. Sometimes with only a couple of clicks and you will get all the information you need. It has also been vital when submitting reports for auditing and partial/annual reports. It makes my life easier at work. I wouldn't no like to imagine doing all of the work without it. I haven't found time to explore more, for instance, digging about the merchant the system uses for credit cards and debits, the fees per transaction, and if it can be used in different countries beyond the US. It also means that I am not using it at its full capacity.

Pros

DP is a system that provides a wide variety of functions and characteristics that will help any fundraiser or donor coordinator to complement their work. In addition, it is a helpful resource for any organization managing campaigns year per year and tracks and understands how well the organization is doing. In my work, managing different campaigns and using the correct filters to download reports are vital. I've found the default reports in the system very useful, especially those related to metrics (e.g. AFP). It also has provided me with the opportunity to create new ones according to our needs. We are a complex organization, and if I didn't have these tools at hand, I would have to spend many, many hours to complete a job.

Cons

Sometimes I find challenging to find information as I need to look for it with specific terms.

Reasons for choosing DonorPerfect

I have received information about other systems since I started here four years ago. I have not found any additional features that would make me change of mind. I have what I need and more for delivering results. DP is constantly adapting and creating new features to help you do a better job. It provides constant training and webinars that are important when working on something new or learning a characteristic you haven't used before.

Keegan

Donor Perfect Review

Pros

Donor Perfect is extremely user friendly. Anyone can do basic functions like looking up a donor or adding a contact. This makes it a valuable tool for development departments.

Cons

While, Donor Perfect has come a long way in the last few years, the reporting functions still are not as strong as Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge. Also, my pet peeve is you are unable to copy a gift (which is annoying when you receive the same allocations monthly).

Reasons for choosing DonorPerfect

Donor Perfect fit the needs of our organization without breaking the bank.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

I was hired to transition from Results Plus, which was just a old, glorified accounting software, to find the right database for our donor engagement needs. Donor Perfect was a great option as I don't believe we are big enough of an organization to warrant the purchase of Raiser's Edge, but still provides very nice reporting and analytic output.

Karen

Happy with DonorPerfect

Overall, it's been much easier to segment our donors and personalize their experience. We feel much more confident using DP than our previous software, because it's easier to pull reports, etc.

Pros

Setting up DP was very easy and we were able to customize several field. The ability "globally update" has proven to be a very useful tool. We like the ability to customize our pages to suit our needs.

Cons

Some of the add-ons are too expensive for our organization to purchase, however, we can see how those tools would be useful, so it's a bit frustrating.

Reasons for choosing DonorPerfect

Ease of use and years of experience with non-profits.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

Too complicated and really didn't fit the needs of a non-profit.

Megan

A good decent fundraising software

Overall, DonorPerfect is a perfectly acceptable fundraising CRM database. My agency used it for over 10 years but we have recently transitioned to a new database (and having all new problems there). When we were smaller and didn't require so much data management this was a wonderful database. But now that we have so many constituents, we track donors, volunteers, inkind donors, customers, memberships and soft credits all while having a very active direct mail calendar. It simply became too much for the system - we needed more automation, more accurate pulling (but now we are finding how much we miss their customizing), a more modernized system for social media platforms and the ability for donors to have their own login access. I'd recommend this software to many agencies. Overall - the support us hands down the best, the product is good and at the end of the day chances are if you don't like something you can change/customize it.

Pros

DonorPerfect has some good capabilities and is highly customizable. The software does a good job of tracking donors and volunteers and a decent job of tracking memberships. It has all of the money (gifts, memberships, in kind donations, soft credits, etc. in one screen that is helpful). It links accounts well. The SofterWare (payment processor) was fair, easy to use and do refunds, and was able to do minimal reporting. WebLinks (donation pages) are fairly customizable, there are certainly more updated looking forms out there but it was a very dependable and we were able to rename headers, and make forms for our unique needs. This is a VERY affordable product (our new one is double the cost) and you get unlimited constituents. The support is available, helpful, timely and great. The chat function was a lifesaver. If ever you were struggling with pulling a report, or how to customize something you could chat and they would tell you how to do it but they'd also just pull the report for you if you were in a time crunch. Their support was the hardest part to leave.

Cons

Our biggest con was reporting. We could run the same report (two different users) and not always get the same results. Each report was off by a few constituents. We left DonorPerfect because of this. When we did our data migration reports there were several constituents that were left off and we had to go back to our new system and manually put them in from DonorPerfect. It was the ultimate reminder that we had outgrown the database. We had DonorPerfect before it was cloud based and it was wonderful for our smaller database but as it grew in size that's when we started to struggle with reporting. Another struggle we had was as we got bigger we needed a more sophisticated stewardship platform for moves management. Bizarrely it didn't feel this was a focus for DonorPerfect, they tout having automatic processes but this wasn't entirely accurate. It was automatic, after you processed or did a few steps.

Jessica

Industry: Performing Arts

Ideal CRM for Mid-Size Nonprofits

DonorPerfect offers everything we need in a CRM database. The phone app, while not offering everything you get from the full site, is more than sufficient for plugging in to get information on the go.

Pros

Donor Perfect is very user-friendly. The Quickbooks integration is vital. Constant Contact integration is a feature we never knew we needed.

Cons

There are some limitations in reporting that can usually be worked around in some way, but can feel like you're coding more than running reports. That area is less user-friendly for our older employees.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

We had Raiser's Edge and Financial Edge, with an annual Blackbaud bill in the high tens of thousands. Switching was initially a way to save money, but after converting to DonorPerfect and Quickbooks it's clear that they are both superior softwares for our use. As a mid-size nonprofit, RE and FE now feel like they are more conducive to very large organizations. We just weren't using that much of the software. RE felt dated in its interface and cumbersome to learn/manage. DonorPerfect training was straightforward and the software offers everything we need to manage our database successfully.

Great option for small non profits that want it all!

Overall, I highly recommend Donor Perfect. It's a great system if you want a robust CRM with fundraising capabilities. I thas a lot of the same functionality you would see in larger systems like Razor's Edge, but for a significantly more affordable price point. As someone who helped implement the system, uses it daily as an administrator and user, this is a great system. We have previously used Sage Fundraising 50 and Abila Elevate, so this is a huge step up for us without breaking the bank.

Pros

Donor Perfect has a lot of pros! It's a cloud-based platform so you can access it anywhere, even from your mobile device. There are a lot of add on features available, including ReadySetAuction and Constant Contact so that you can manage events and communications within one system. You have the ability to set up your own giving pages for various events, scholarships, or specific giving appeals (such as Giving Tuesday, Give Big Day, etc.) The reporting feature is extremely robust and can give you pretty much anything you want if you know how to ask for it. Another great feature is data import... if you have monthly payroll donors that may change one or two additions/drop-offs a month but need to regularly import large amounts of data with simply a check number and date change difference from the last import, you can do it all in less than 30 seconds after the initial document is set up. Overall, what I like most about this system is that it's affordable and offers all the bells and whistles that you get with the more expensive softwares, but for significantly less.

Cons

The system can be overwhelming for new users, especially if you don't have the paid support feature or the time to dig through their help pages. There are a lot of add on features, but they all come with a price. It can be pretty expensive for small nonprofits that only have a handful of employees or one or two people that are using the system. Reporting can be complicated and difficult even for experienced users. Events management is extremely difficult and complicated, and lacking a lot of features. We do not use it for events management as a result.

Reasons for choosing DonorPerfect

Cost couldn't be beat for offering similar capabilities!

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

Abila Elevate was shutting down. We had spent the 6 months prior to their launch integrating data from Sage Fundraising 50, only to be told one month in that Elevate was being shut down. We wanted a company that was affordable and that wouldn't take us 6 more months to roll the data over.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear that you would recommend the system. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Replied September 2019

Sue

Support is Donor Perfect's Hidden Gem

Its been terrific to have all our constituents' contact information in one place, no matter how they became connected with AutismUp. I used to spend days collecting info from various people and files in order to build a mailing list. Now it takes less than 10 minutes to export a mailing list. And its already de-duped because I've used the Duplication Removal feature in Donor Perfect. Having the ability to find (report on) lapsed donors, compare fundraising results from year to year for annual events, and create flags and fields to make any kind of grouping we want is critical, but very difficult and error prone with excel spreadsheets - they way we used to do it. Donor Perfect makes it easy!

Pros

Tech Support is fantastic! Always friendly, helpful, knowledgable. They encourage you to call with any questions, not just problems. The training videos, knowledgebase articles and online community are great for learning, but when you need an answer fast, or can't find the right search term for the knowledgebase, Support will help you learn how to accomplish what you want to do. You can reach them via phone, chat, or email.

Cons

We would love to be able to use DonorPerfect for tasks beyond donor management - for all of our program and event registrations and payments, but need more flexibility in online forms to make that practical.

Reasons for choosing DonorPerfect

Donor Perfect had the features we needed, was established & highly rated, reasonably priced, and we could get unlimited support easily and at a fairly low price.

Response from SofterWare

Sue, Thank you for the great review. I couldn't agree with you more than the Technical Support team is Fantastic. They are always happy to help. Please reach out to the Client Relations Team for questions about other features and add ons for the system. The CRS team can be reached at (800) 200-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Replied August 2019

Kelly

The perfect software for us

Your software provides great insight on donor activity. The reporting makes it easier for me to share with the board our fundraising successes and even areas where we need to focus more efforts.

Pros

DonorPerfect provides for all your donor management needs, at a good a price. I have purchased this software for several of the organizations I have worked for and recommended it to many others I have consulted with over the years. It's easy to use and the company has always been open for client input to help better the product.

Cons

The only concern that I have ... and this is more about me than DonorPerfect .. is that I need to take more tutorials on running some of the more sophisticated reporting options. I can have 99% of my needs met with the standardized reports but every so often I need something a bit more custom. You have great tutorials, I just haven't found the time to go through them ... yet!

Blackbaud CRM

Reasons for choosing DonorPerfect

functionality and costs. I've used both and DonorPerfect exceeds our needs and a lower costs.

Response from SofterWare

Kelly, Thank you for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to read that it is the perfect software for your organization. I love that you continue to recommend DonorPerfect. Its an honor to have such loyal customers like you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Replied May 2019

Janette

Great program for donor receipting

I really like the support for this software. They are very responsive when you have a problem and they have a lot of information online so you can look up your own answers and when you want to "dive in" really deep in understanding the program. If you just need to look up how to export information, you can look that up online and follow step by step. You can also customize your export of information so if you only want a name and address, you can get it in the form you want (either in excel or word). You can also add any field to that export that you desire.

Pros

I like that I can add fields on the fly and be able to report on those fields. This is great for tracking anything you want to track with your donors. I love that I can have a multitude of thank you letters ready to merge at the same time. I've worked in software that only allowed a few letters. This way, a thank you letter with receipt at the bottom to a specific campaign can come out in the same batch as a regular thank you letter with receipt. We have total control over the look and feel of our receipt letters. I like that I can use a batch system so I can reconcile with our accountant but you can also enter gifts directly in a person's record if you don't need to track that way. I really love that I can add items to my batch file, like a consent sent in with a gift that we can publish their name. I can also have my batch file come out the way that is most helpful for our organization, and each organization can individualize it as well.

Cons

The first time through running year-end summaries for our donors took a bit of a learning curve to set it up the way we wanted it to display but support was very helpful when I "got stuck". In the few years I've been working in the program, that process has improved.

Response from SofterWare

Janette, I love to read that you are taking advantage of so many of the features offered in the system. Receipting Donors quickly is important to keep your Donors loyalty and DonorPerfect has perfected the process! Like you mentioned. a multitude of thank you letters can be created and ready to merge at the same time. Thank you for the great review! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Replied April 2019

Donor Perfect Review

I don't think we did a great job of tracking donor retention rates or lapsed donors before. Now with DP we are easily able to run the reports and be more proactive with those individuals.

Pros

I like that it is incredibly user friendly and easy to learn. It's incredibly helpful when volunteers are helping or new people come on board. I also love the ease of pulling reports. They have so many prebuilt reports to chose from by I can also quickly and easily create my own and even better I can edit it if I don't get it right the first time. I'm constantly learning new tricks and tools as I gain confidence with the system and as our needs change as an organization. We've had the system for a little over two years and last year I didn't know I could easily generate different data and charts for our Annual Report, learning that made life so much easier. I also have to rave about the support team because so often I feel like I am calling with a basic or dumb question but they are always nice, walk me through it and then send a follow up email with the instructions in case I forget. They are so kind and patient!

Cons

It's never that I don't like the system but more than I have to learn how to get it to do what I need. My brain thinks it should work one way but they have the system programmed to operate another. It's more just spending time in the system and learning all the different ways it works and can work for you. One thing that drives me out is when it logs me out. If I've been out of the program for a little bit I can understand, it's frustrating but I do understand. What I don't understand is when I'll literally be in the middle of entering a gift or something and it will log me out, forcing me to start over. Not the worst thing in the world but still vexing at times. I also wish that the Company Name & the individuals Last Name didn't pull from the same data point so it was a little easier to run mail lists but I've found workarounds in excel once the report is pulled.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to read you are enjoying using the system and all the different ways it has benefited your organization. The support team is always happy to help and I am glad to read about your wonderful experience when speaking the support team. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Replied April 2019

Amy

Look no further than DonorPerfect!

Overall, I can't imagine another fundraising software being any better than DonorPerfect. The donor records management and reporting functions are very user-friendly and the logical manner by which they are organized and laid out on the website are big time-savers. DonorPerfect is a huge asset to our development team!

Pros

DonorPerfect is perfect for all my organization's software and database needs relating to fundraising. My absolute favorite thing about DonorPerfect is the excellent customer service I receive each and every time I reach out. I am sometimes asked to provide data that I'm not sure how to obtain in a time-effective manner. It literally takes a quick phone call or even an online chat session with a DonorPerfect rep for me to find a report that will work to get me the information I need. I am always amazed at how well the DonorPerfect customer service folks know the software, and the ease at which they are able to share its capabilities. I have never had to wait for a solution or an answer to my questions. That is so valuable for me, someone whose greatest challenge is not having enough hours in the day! One of the other pros at the top of my list is the user-friendly interface of DonorPerfect. If you have even a little computer knowledge and experience, DonorPerfect is very easy to use. Everything is laid out and organized in a logical manner, which saves the time and frustration of not being able to find a simple function.

Cons

I can honestly say I have not had any negative experiences with DonorPerfect. There are tiny things such as the scope of searching records that I might like to see changed, but at the end of the day, they're not really consequential. (Example: If an individual record is entered as John H. Smith, but I search for that record with the terms "John Smith", the record I'm looking for may not pop up. Broadening the search to "Smith" however, would allow me to find the record.)

Response from SofterWare

Amy, I am thrilled to read about the value you are finding in using DonorPerfect! You made my day with the title of the review : Look no further than DonorPerfect!. I am delighted to hear you think the system is user friendly, and agree that our Support Team is outstanding! Thank you for the amazing review. Regards, Ellen Molon,Client Relations Specialist

Replied December 2018

A Robust System for the full-time nonprofit

Donor Perfect is on par with some of the top CRM programs for the nonprofit at a price point that is affordable. The training modules online are great resources and their support is top notch. I have implemented DP from the bottom up and the process was seamless and helped us create a great cultivation program. This is a system that requires maintenance and good input practices. I would place this at the advanced/intermediate level and recommend it for a NPO with a full-time development staff. If you are looking for a robust, trustworthy and scalable system this is it but be prepared to dig in deep to the training modules and in the end your fundraising programs will benefit.

Pros

Donor Perfect is one of the mainstays in nonprofit donor/constituent management and there is a reason for their longevity. This is a robust system that is more complex than some of the newer entries into the market that tout cloud, ease of use and a free website builder. I have always thought that the gimmicky add ons is kind of like a realtor staging a home and putting potted plants on warped areas of the floor so you can't see them. With Donor Perfect, no frills just serious computing and data mining power. Standing out is their quest to stay relevant and they are continuously updating their software with the latest proven trends in the CRM space and have done a wonderful job with their updates. You can manage the full life cycle of a donor using this one system, create web forms for online donation gathering, mobile fundraising capabilities and full integration with QBO and other financial programs.Their support is outstanding and very responsive and they also offer free one and one training as part of the support package. I actually had a staff workshop day for training and they had a trainer come on a web conference and she trained our staff. It was amazing.

Cons

The system is a true CRM style system and there is a learning curve so be prepared to get the training you need to be able to train staff. It is worth the investment and will benefit your revenue goals to use the system fully. One area that always was a point of initial frustration was report generation. It took me a while to fully grasp the reporting.

4.52/5 out of 755 reviews