DonorSnap Software Reviews

DonorSnap Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"The support is amazing and I always get a response within a few hours or day at the most. We made the transition to using DonorSnap for online donations, which has been a success."
  • icon"The product is easy to use and has good features, especially for the price. I like the donation management functions, e.g., customizable campaign & appeal categories."
  • icon"Easy to use; good data structure; good integration with letters; good reporting tool."
  • icon"I'll be honest: I am embarrassed to send out communications and put the forms on our website. If we leave DonorSnap for another product, it will because of the generic communication tools."
  • icon"The titles are somewhat confusing. Hard to find reports needed."
  • icon"Almost too many moving parts- makes it confusing. DataMinerGold/ DataMinerPlatnum/ Mail Merge etc)."

Browse all DonorSnap Reviews

• Have you used DonorSnap and would like to share your experience with others?

Tara

August 2022

Great database for small nonprofit!

Celeste

Great solution for small nonprofits

Pros

DonorSnap is easy to use. My favorite feature is the form builder; the forms integrate nicely with our website and are a great solution for event registration forms that import the data directly into the CRM. I've used both DonorSnap and Saleforce for registration and hands down DonorSnap is far more reliable, simpler, and offers better customization for our needs vs Salesforce. It's also far easier to use both as the administrator and as an end user. I've never had a DonorSnap form fail me. I can't say the same for Salesforce. We use DonorSnap for tracking donors, volunteers, and participants in our programs. DonorSnap keeps their software updated and is very good about offering training and notifications of any server maintenance that may disrupt use (it never does).

Cons

The report features are very robust but not always intuitive to set up and run. Fortunately if you get stuck, DonorSnap's support team is fabulous and will help you to figure it out.

Roland

September 2022

The D.O.V.E. Fund - Development of Vietnam Endeavors

As a retired Software Engineer and Developer for a large corporation, this package is a good step for our application. I know that there are a lot of features (i.e. Tickler, Pledges, Volunteer Tracking, etc.) that we have not touched as that support is not in our focus at this time.

Pros

The software allowed us to import a lot of our information from an older (non DonorSnap) system, using the Excel Interface. Edits were easy to do as we continued to add more information to our system, and allow mass edits using the Excel interface.

Cons

We have asked for a few enhancements from the DonorSnap support and most of them have been very quickly. There are a few flags in the database (i.e. Bill Me) which are not exposed to be used in the DataMinerPlatinum for custom reports. There are a few work-arounds, so this is not a show stopper.

Reasons for choosing DonorSnap

If we wrote our own system the question was who was going to support this in 5 years when our volunteers would have left the board (we are a total Non Profit and no one is paid).

Reasons for switching to DonorSnap

The software was a single user platform, running on DOS. We needed to open our user-base, and with a web based system we can have several people working from their homes on the system, each with their own area of responsibility.

Cass

Great basics, but communucation tools lacking or are too generic

Sales, data transfer, and workshops have been good. I feel like the staff does its best to fully answer questions and solve problems. But with the overall limitations of the communications functions, there's only so much they can do.

Pros

The client database is straightforward and easy to use. The fields are intuitive and you can adapt or add per your own needs. Screen layout when searching can be tough because of long rows but pulling up individual contacts is easy. I love that you can copy data right from the viewing screen without having to open the editable contact. The help features are user friendly and usually address the most common problems. I like that there are videos as well as written materials on various topics.

Cons

The communication tools are sorely lacking. Email, letters, and forms are way too basic and challenging to edit. There does not seem to be a feature allowing you to change line spacing within a form or in the Automated Task Manager. In addition, I had to keep canceling the project and restarting because after one attempt to edit an ATM task, the system won't let you make additional edits. You have to start over. The emails come out looking like you emailed directly from your email provider. You are limited to one image insert, they are hard to edit, and you cannot add a form directly into the email. I have yet to send out an email from DonorSnap because it looks so pedestrian and ... boring. We are still using MailChimp for its visual features, which of course defeats the purpose. The forms are "okay" but come out looking like a child made them. Totally lackluster, but functional. I'll be honest: I am embarrassed to send out communications and put the forms on our website. If we leave DonorSnap for another product, it will because of the generic communication tools. The query tools used in creating tasks are not intuitive. If it weren't for the help videos I would never be able to implement these.

Reasons for choosing DonorSnap

Low monthly cost and lack of donor mining tools that we didn't need.

Reasons for switching to DonorSnap

Needed more management functionality and communication tools.

Response from DonorSnap

Hi Cass, Thank you for your review. We are always working on ways to improve DonorSnap and appreciate your feedback. We understand that dedicated email tools like MailChimp have polished template builders, and for that reason we provide an integration with Constant Contact for organizations needing those services. The DonorSnap email tools are aimed at providing easy access to mass emailing and automation for all organizations. With some html experience or a third party html email template builder, you can build the same types of emails in DonorSnap. In the future we hope to add similar template builders as well. For more specific help with your emails and forms, please contact us at support@donorsnap.com. We will show you how to edit your emails, adjust line spacing, add multiple images, and insert links to your forms directly in your emails. If you need other types of customization in your forms, please let us know what you're looking for and we'll be happy to help.

Replied February 2021

Patti

Two years in ...

We are a small non profit raising funds for St. Vincent's School for disabled children in Haiti and a medical clinic that serves their needs and those of the community in Port au Prince. Before DonorSnap, our records were very unorganized, and our record keeping not 100% accurate. We needed a program that was user friendly, affordable and could get our affairs in order so that we could better research our donors, increase our donor base and raise more money. That has happened since we started using DonorSnap. When I have had an issue I couldn't resolve myself, customer service has always been responsive and helpful. I have enjoyed learning new features, customizing reports and being able to provide our Board with the information they need for budgeting and fundraising. Because our acknowledgement system is now streamlined, with annual contribution reports, I believe our fundraising has been more successful even in these challenging times. I would highly recommend this software to anyone looking to increase their fundraising capabilities.

Pros

The software is very versatile, user friendly and intuitive even for someone with very little experience managing a donor database. We love the different reports that help you analyze appeals, trends, donor activity, etc. Adding new donations or information about a donor is very easy. The training webinars are an invaluable resource. I have referred to them countless times when I need help with queries and management issues. The interface with GoEmerchant is seem less and since we switched from PayPal, our online donations have increased and our acknowledgement process is more efficient and our record keeping far more accurate.

Cons

My biggest challenge is writing queries but that is not the fault of the software but my own inexperience. I think the program is able to handle the most complicated queries on a much larger scale than we need

Reasons for choosing DonorSnap

We chose DonorSnap because it already had great reviews, the price was right and it had all the features we needed for a small volunteer-run non profit trying to get their affairs in order.

Kim

May 2022

Great Support!

Donorsnap has worked well for our organization. The team at Donorsnap goes above and beyond to make sure we are successful!

Pros

The software is easy to use and pretty comprehensive in all its features. If we ever have a question or need help with a feature, support responds very quickly! We appreciate having access to the app, we can access contact information from anywhere.

Cons

There is nothing we do not like about Donorsnap.

Reasons for choosing DonorSnap

Cost, ease of use, seemed like the right size product for our business.

Reasons for switching to DonorSnap

The version of software we had was very antiquated and difficult to use. The upgraded software they offered did not have fundraising features.

Ashley

May 2022

Use for a small but very busy neighborhood senior services organization

We've used the software for about three years now, and we've found that DonorSnap's focus is on functionality, which we appreciate. Though they gave it a makeover fairly recently, it wasn't one of those software makeovers that just makes it look more modern while removing functionality (my personal pet peeve). They add new features pretty regularly and provide clear and easily accessed training for them. The pricing structure is frozen in place, so no worries about it suddenly blowing up your small organization's budget.

Pros

Our favorite features are responsive forms and mass email campaigns. DonorSnap seems hard to learn, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. It's a great balance of having a basic ready-to-go template in place with a lot of ways to customize it for your org's needs. The support team is pretty responsive over email when you need them. We also pay less than half of what we used to pay for a different CRM that didn't give us nearly as many features. The fact that DS is web-based came in handy during the Covid pivot to work-from-home.

Cons

There are a number of minor software bugs (that have fairly easy workarounds once you remember that they're there).

Reasons for switching to DonorSnap

Giftworks created more problems than it solved, had few usable features, and was expensive; we had nothing to lose.

Catherine

Well worth the price tag

Easy and seamless because I tried to learn and conceptualized how each field in Donorsnap work first before mapping fields from the old system. Conversion and support team were very helpful and prompt in responding to issues.

Pros

Very inexpensive but can do all the basic functionalities for advancement day to day operations. Batch entry is so easy once you understand how it works. Query, reporting and exporting custom reports is very user friendly. As with all other systems, a software is only capable to it’s fullest potential if you understand how the various modules within the system work together. Training and support is crucial and their customer support is hands-on one of the best.!

Cons

The standard reports work for the most part but I wish it gives us much more flexibility. It also limits selection of fields based on active fields/codes which means that you’ll have to basically leave all codes - old and new - for the report to work accurately. This means for example that if you inactivate a Campaign code from 2 or 3 years ago, you are not able to run revenue from those codes unless you reactivate them. This is a nightmare for admins from a table code management point. The design of the standard reports need to be improved as well to look presentable especially when executives ask for last minute reporting and you know how often that happens.

Reasons for choosing DonorSnap

Pricing. This is a very small organization and Donorsnap provided everything they need for a very, very reasonable price.

Financial decision

Response from DonorSnap

Hi Catherine, Thank you for your review and feedback regarding the standard reports. We're currently working on improving these canned reports to offer additional functionality. If you have more specific reporting needs in addition to including inactivated campaign codes, please let our support team know so that we can work towards making that happen. Thank you again for your review!

Replied February 2021

Hilda

Best Option for Small Non-Profits

DonorSnap helps us keep track of our donations, donor information and donation campaigns. We like that DonoSnap is continually adding functionality to the platform and the training videos are great for bringing new employees up to speed.

Pros

Simplicity, ease of use and affordability.

Cons

We are currently starting to use the email campaign integration but believe the functionality needs more work. We also tried the goEmerchant integration but that did not work for us. Suggestion is to look at Stripe integration.

Reasons for choosing DonorSnap

We are a relatively small organization and DonorSnap had all of the features we needed at the time for a lot less than the other platforms. Even today, there is not much more we need, DonorSnap helps us keep track of what is important. I recommend this platform to other small and start-up non-profits, I believe it is the best starter option out there.

June 2022

DonorSnap--Ideal for Small Nonprofits

We have been very happy with DonorSnap. It is a great value for the price paid, the support team is amazing (and we've rarely needed help!), and the report writing function is easy to use. We are able to understand our donors' giving trends, and can plan more effectively for the future.

Pros

This software was easy to implement, and has subsequently been easy to manage. The integration to QuickBooks is seamless. The support team is amazing!

Cons

There are a few tweaks I might make to the report writer, but in all likelihood, they are probably already there and I just haven't searched the website enough to find them. I cannot think of any critical issues.

Reasons for choosing DonorSnap

DonorSnap was the best value, offering the most features for the best price.

Kerry

October 2022

Great donor software for a small to mid-size company

Pros

It was very easy to learn and implement. I also like the capability to transfer batches to QuickBooks . You can also keep track of in kind giving.

Cons

The fact that it is not a processor for payments also.

Reasons for choosing DonorSnap

Price was good for the options

Marlene

DonorSnap Suits Our Small Nonprofit Very Well

Overall, I would strongly recommend this program to smaller nonprofits. And it might work for bigger ones too. I'm just not sure. For reference, I'm the sole staff of this organization, Cascade Medical Foundation, and we have an annual budget somewhere between $100,000 and $200,000 except last year when we received grants that pushed us to about $320,000.

Pros

I've used DonorSnap for over 3 years, since I started at this Foundation job. I'm the only user, and it meets 99% of my needs. I don't know what it would be like for multiple staff users, but it seems like it would be fine. I like the level of detailed info I can collect on each donor/sponsor, and there are more interaction tabs that I don't even use. I can enter donation data quickly, do mass entry when that's appropriate, and easily pull reports based on either type of donor, date of donation, amount, etc. I also send my yearly tax letters through DonorSnap, and that goes pretty smoothly. Also, I use DS to pull addresses for mailing our newsletters. I have taken several of the trainings over time, and find them very helpful and broken down into very digestible chunks. Plus there are other helpful resources.

Cons

I have not integrated DS with QuickBooks because I'm still nervous about the challenges that will crop up during integration - because of the aligning codes and such so that all info flows the way I expect it to in QBs. So, right now I enter donations twice, which does take longer, but makes me feel very confident about the #s, and I really use DS and QBs differently. I feel like integration would/could cause problems with certain things, like restricted donations, in-kind and automatic monthly donations.

Stevi

Dedicated to DonorSnap

Love it, very happy with it.

Pros

There are so many things about DonorSnap to applaud. I love how we are able to keep track of every donation and I love all of the fund development analysis reports that are available. The customizable reports has been essential for me to compile all kinds of data, from volunteer hours to fundraising data and even our newsletter list.

Cons

The only issue I have sometimes is with the acknowledgement letters. I format multiple letters for this system, and for some reason sometimes getting the formatting right is a struggle because I will end up with a logo on the 2nd page or a page gets cut off. I have always been able to mess with the word document and fix it, but sometimes I don't know exactly why it is doing what it does and just have to try different things.

Reasons for switching to DonorSnap

Our Microsoft access database was built over 15 years ago and it was just kind of dated. We loved the idea of also switching to something that was cloud based. And actually it ended up really working out because we switched just before COVID happened and switching to a cloud based solution allowed many of us in the office to be able to look things up or do work directly from home.

Katherine

February 2022

Donor Management and so much more

We are still only accessing a fraction of the options with DonorSnap but the amount of time we have saved by using the system on completing donor management and business tasks is already very high. The responsive forms have also allowed us to add additional revenue streams by offering a simplified way of collecting a variety of data as well as payments.

Pros

We have a some unique events and revenue streams and DonorSnap has allowed me to customize whatever was needed to get the data we needed. Excellent customer service! They respond quickly and are always helpful in brainstorming as well when I am trying to tweak something to fit our specific needs. Many DonorSnap features have either simplified tasks I was already doing or led me to new ideas that were very helpful. The tutorials are excellent and I use those often when training new staff. Another big Pro is the ability to have separate users with different permissions if needed. The excel import function is another great feature.

Cons

Split donations and acknowledgement letters sometimes require work arounds but overall has not been a significant issue. Many settings such as screen layouts you can format and keep, would be nice if you could have a default on lines per page you could view instead of having to click to change that.

Reasons for choosing DonorSnap

Customization features biggest reason. Separate user login abilities and price point fit our budget better too.

Reasons for switching to DonorSnap

Spreadsheets tracking so much information was very tedious. We often had to drop information that would be helpful just for efficiency. DonorSnap lets me track as much or as little info as needed.

Cory

Donorsnap Review

Overall, I really enjoy using Donorsnap. I log into it almost every day. The main reason why I like it: customer service. By far, Donorsnap has the best customer service from any online service I've used. I am able to get into contact with a real human being very quickly and they always have been able to answer my questions very intelligently.

Pros

We like how fields can be highly customizable both with contacts and donations. Reports are very easy to retrieve. I also like the ease of batch codes and the documents/letters that I can customize and send.

Cons

We would LOVE "log ins" for our staff so they can see real time donations that only they have raised. This is not possible yet with DS. Also, event registrations don't work that well for us. We need the ability for a registrant to choose "quantity" (2 or more children going to camp for the same price, for example). Same issue if someone is purchasing 4 sweatshirts, for example. Also, we'd love use DS for ALL our contact management but it doesn't seem to work that way for us right now. We have donors, volunteers, paid staff, campers, the campers parents, board members, etc. If every paid staff, volunteer, board member could have a HIGHLY customizable log in to be able to see ONLY the information they have permissions for, would be super super wonderful. We've considered moving away from DS for this issue alone.

Reasons for choosing DonorSnap

Donorsnap was our original choice many years ago and I've seen it steadily improve. That is another reason why I like Donorsnap and have stayed, they listen to my feedback and are constantly improving their system. There are some functions we are in need of, which is why I've been considering switching to another provider. However, I keep holding out because the DS price is so good and I keep thinking DS will add the functions I need.

Lisa

February 2022

Service, Features and Value!

Our overall experience with DonorSnap has been extremely positive. There is much to be said for choosing a smaller company- every step of the way our support has been extremely personalized. From the first discussions, through planning the transfer of information, to being trained on how to use the features to then receiving support as needed, every member of the team has been wonderful to work with. We have greatly benefited from the many features DonorSnap offers. It saves us time in many ways, and provides us with a great variety of choices with data analysis. This is true even though we have yet to explore every option. As we continue to implement more aspects, such as the emails, I am sure it will become even more valuable to us. We spent months exploring many different donor software programs, and I know we made the best choice with DonorSnap.

Pros

We appreciate the ease of creating customized reports, and also having many report templates included. The responsive forms easily integrated into WIX and save us hours of work because we no longer have to enter the information manually when someone signs up for an event or makes a donation. We have received very personal support at every level and there are a large number of free trainings that make it quite simple to learn new skills. The team at DonorSnap provides outstanding customer service. The software is very intuitive to use, which makes the initial learning process much quicker. We are also appreciative of the ability to export and import Excel spreadsheets for a variety of reasons. The easy integration with Quickbooks has also been a great timesaver. DonorSnap has an extremely reasonable price for a very high quality product.

Cons

It would be very helpful for us to be able to create households, since we often have members of the same family volunteer or donate separately. It would also be nice to have a separate tab just for events. Because we do rentals, we currently split information between interactions and Notes, which can make running certain reports tied to those things challenging.

Reasons for choosing DonorSnap

We chose Donor Snap because of the customer service, features, and price. This was the only company willing to work with us regarding our rentals and how to incorporate them. We were amazed that we could have almost all of the features we wanted at a fraction of the price and also receive much more personal support. We also liked the idea of supporting a WI business, since that is where we are located.

Reasons for switching to DonorSnap

It was not user friendly for our purposes, especially with tracking and creating reports.

Matthew

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Donor Snap is the Aldi of CRM's--Everything you need without the facade

Overall awesome, I brag about it often with others in the field and I enjoy working within the software to create new forms, queries, reports, etc.

Pros

DonorSnap will allow you to do virtually anything. No extra fees or bundle packages, they just give you access to everything for considerably less money than some of the competitors we were looking at originally. They are simple and everything is fully customizable, especially the online forms that can be embedded into our website to collect contact data and payment information from our supporters. We run all of our trip payments, forms, signed waivers, and subscriptions through DonorSnap. We'll never go anywhere else, especially for $40/month, compared to $200+/month from other big software companies.

Cons

DonorSnap takes a little getting used to. It's very basic, no fun graphics or "wow" work here--just functional CRM software. The tech help is via email only, so you cannot get an immediate answer, but at the same time, this is how they keep their overhead low and pass the savings onto the clients. If you are unwilling to watch some tutorials on form set-up then this is not for you; it will take some practice and getting used to as you learn the software.

Reasons for choosing DonorSnap

Cost and functionality. I didn't mind less bells and whistles for more product and functionality.

Reasons for switching to DonorSnap

I couldn't get the features I wanted without paying extra off the base price which was way out of my price-range anyway. DonorSnap solved my problems for way less money.

Jeffery