• Pros

• "The ease of using this software is amazing. It took less than 1 month to be up and running, and has truly been worth it. It has made life so much easier for our organization!"

• "I’m amazed at how much you can customize considering the price of the product. The support has been tremendous."

• "Very fast customer support via phone or email. Lots of education opportunities to better learn the software. Very easy to use. I gave this a very solid recommendation. "

• Cons

• "The integration with QuickBooks is not as intuitive or easy as I had hoped, but it's manageable. "

• "There are many many features and at first this can be a bit intimidating but the tutorials (seemingly at every screen) proved invaluable and the customer support is unmatched."

• "The appearance needs to be more attractive, updated, but that doesn't affect performance. I have found DataMiner Platinum to be difficult to learn, but pre-built reports are included and helpful."

Browse DonorSnap Reviews

Mia from Fisher House of the Emerald Coast, Inc

DonorSnap Best Solution for SMALL nonprofit

Fabulous, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing, the support team is responsive and I have hopefully sold a new user, another Fisher House group like mine.

Pros

When I was researching, I was pleased to get such quick response and favorable reviews from current testimonials. The pricing is great, implementation and conversion realistic with cost and timeframes, and features are perfect for our size organization. I like being able to target customers through reports and then send emails/texts. Integration with QB is a huge plus! Responsive forms automatically entering new donors is also a time saver.

Cons

I would like inbound text (text to donate specifically) but more importantly, the ability to upload document attachments from the software. Scanning them, naming them and then adding them is very time consuming. I use handwritten notes to donors and like to capture them for future reference so they don't originate from a document that can be PDF.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

COST and features versus ongoing COST, implementation and conversion costs and timelines to do so, lengthy contracts. No pressure sell versus HIGH pressure sell. Current users I reached out to directly were so helpful and none said they had regret. PS I had never heard of this software and it doesn't show up on the first few pages of a google search. Another platform I was looking at inadvertently named you in their conversation with me. I immediately checked you out, and signed up within weeks. LOVE IT

Suzi from Cloverdale Senior Multipurpose Center

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Complex Needs Met

Spreadsheets are gone! Before utilizing DonorSnap we had many places things were kept. We had numerous methods for tracking the same data and it was difficult to get thank you letters to donors and fundraising addresses updated and tracked. We needed what DonorSnap has to offer. We are still learning of new ways to utilize the tools it has and with its collaborative relationships for a credit card processor (goEmerchant), with Constant Contact, and Intuit, then the ability to create forms to integrate with your website. We are now re-developing our website and working to fully utilize the abilities of DS in our non-profit.

Pros

I love that I have the ability to customize the screens and that I can build forms to meet our needs.

Cons

The needs of a non-profit with donations and memberships are complex and had been managed poorly before this software was in use. The learning curve is long and complex and it is because the functions are complex as is needed with the type of needs we have.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

A solution was needed for the data and lack of consistent tracking we had before.

Cass from Rancho Santa Fe Historical Society

Great basics, but communucation tools lacking or are too generic

Sales, data transfer, and workshops have been good. I feel like the staff does its best to fully answer questions and solve problems. But with the overall limitations of the communications functions, there's only so much they can do.

Pros

The client database is straightforward and easy to use. The fields are intuitive and you can adapt or add per your own needs. Screen layout when searching can be tough because of long rows but pulling up individual contacts is easy. I love that you can copy data right from the viewing screen without having to open the editable contact. The help features are user friendly and usually address the most common problems. I like that there are videos as well as written materials on various topics.

Cons

The communication tools are sorely lacking. Email, letters, and forms are way too basic and challenging to edit. There does not seem to be a feature allowing you to change line spacing within a form or in the Automated Task Manager. In addition, I had to keep canceling the project and restarting because after one attempt to edit an ATM task, the system won't let you make additional edits. You have to start over. The emails come out looking like you emailed directly from your email provider. You are limited to one image insert, they are hard to edit, and you cannot add a form directly into the email. I have yet to send out an email from DonorSnap because it looks so pedestrian and ... boring. We are still using MailChimp for its visual features, which of course defeats the purpose. The forms are "okay" but come out looking like a child made them. Totally lackluster, but functional. I'll be honest: I am embarrassed to send out communications and put the forms on our website. If we leave DonorSnap for another product, it will because of the generic communication tools. The query tools used in creating tasks are not intuitive. If it weren't for the help videos I would never be able to implement these.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

Low monthly cost and lack of donor mining tools that we didn't need.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

Needed more management functionality and communication tools.

Response from DonorSnap

Replied February 2021

Hi Cass, Thank you for your review. We are always working on ways to improve DonorSnap and appreciate your feedback. We understand that dedicated email tools like MailChimp have polished template builders, and for that reason we provide an integration with Constant Contact for organizations needing those services. The DonorSnap email tools are aimed at providing easy access to mass emailing and automation for all organizations. With some html experience or a third party html email template builder, you can build the same types of emails in DonorSnap. In the future we hope to add similar template builders as well. For more specific help with your emails and forms, please contact us at support@donorsnap.com. We will show you how to edit your emails, adjust line spacing, add multiple images, and insert links to your forms directly in your emails. If you need other types of customization in your forms, please let us know what you're looking for and we'll be happy to help.

Catherine from UCP Seguin Foundation

Well worth the price tag

Easy and seamless because I tried to learn and conceptualized how each field in Donorsnap work first before mapping fields from the old system. Conversion and support team were very helpful and prompt in responding to issues.

Pros

Very inexpensive but can do all the basic functionalities for advancement day to day operations. Batch entry is so easy once you understand how it works. Query, reporting and exporting custom reports is very user friendly. As with all other systems, a software is only capable to it’s fullest potential if you understand how the various modules within the system work together. Training and support is crucial and their customer support is hands-on one of the best.!

Cons

The standard reports work for the most part but I wish it gives us much more flexibility. It also limits selection of fields based on active fields/codes which means that you’ll have to basically leave all codes - old and new - for the report to work accurately. This means for example that if you inactivate a Campaign code from 2 or 3 years ago, you are not able to run revenue from those codes unless you reactivate them. This is a nightmare for admins from a table code management point. The design of the standard reports need to be improved as well to look presentable especially when executives ask for last minute reporting and you know how often that happens.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

Pricing. This is a very small organization and Donorsnap provided everything they need for a very, very reasonable price.

Financial decision

Response from DonorSnap

Replied February 2021

Hi Catherine, Thank you for your review and feedback regarding the standard reports. We're currently working on improving these canned reports to offer additional functionality. If you have more specific reporting needs in addition to including inactivated campaign codes, please let our support team know so that we can work towards making that happen. Thank you again for your review!

Teresa from AbolitionNC

Industry: Information Services

We are able to keep everything, donors, contacts, donations, correspondence organized, and create reports when needed. Tech support is knowledgeable and always there when needed. Being able to adjust and manipulate the layout and add or take away what works for the organization is wonderful, it's like building your own personal database, and you can't beat the price.

Pros

Excellent for keeping track of donations, contact information, and correspondence with donors. It is user-friendly for the most part, but easy access to the instructional videos really helps when needed.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to contact support by phone, but all in all the support with DonorSnap is very helpful and responds to inquiries very quickly via email. I would really love it if the database was able to integrate with PayPal so I wouldn't have to enter each donation individually, or worry that another user might miss a donation entry or detail. Reports could be a little more user-friendly to create.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

The ability to adjust the pages of the database and was more geared toward donors and non-profits, and the price.

Response from DonorSnap

Replied February 2021

Hi Teresa, Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying DonorSnap and finding it user friendly. While we don't integrate with PayPal, users who collect online donations with PalPal can easily upload these into DonorSnap using our excel import tool. Here you can find out how to use this feature: https://donorsnap.com/support/docs/mass-entry/?seq_no=3 I also wanted to let you know that we do accept online donations through goEmerchant and our responsive forms. Switching over is easy and we recently did a webinar comparing the two systems. Please feel free to watch it if you are interested in switching over: https://donorsnap.com/support/docs/PayPal-vs-DonorSnap-for-Online-Donations-training-webinar/ Thank you again for your review and being a customer, we appreciate you!

Karen from Fern Ridge Library Foundation

Industry: Libraries

Happy Client

I would describe my overall experience with DonorSnap as very positive. We are able to do many gift processing functions (recording donations, sending thank you letters) quickly and easily. I am building more complete donor profiles with the tools. We are now able to run reports and set up mailing and prospect lists consistently. The e-commerce feature and the responsive forms allow us to set up online ticket purchasing, registrations, and donations. This has been a critical tool for us.

Pros

We are a small nonprofit in a rural community in Oregon. DonorSnap is our first donor database system after years of Excel spreadsheets. I am so happy with how I can use it to record donor history, build contact profiles, run reports, pull lists and keep track of solicitations, conduct mass email campaigns, build responsive forms for online giving, and add notes. I don't feel we have utilized all the possible features yet. I love learning how to customize the fields and then to populate it with information. The training program and help videos are awesome. The response to my questions on email are fast and helpful. The support is a key aspect of why I feel we are using DonorSnap successfully. I now have a wish list of things I want to do with DonorSnap that I have yet to set up. It is a robust donor management tool and easy to use.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about DonorSnap. There are some 'canned' reports that make it easy to use DonorSnap but I like to make custom reports too. I still need help with the report writing feature in the DataMiner Platinum since I am still learning. I'd like to master it better but know the team is there to help me get it right. Also, when we use the responsive forms sometimes DonorSnap doesn't recognize the patron as already having a record in the system and duplicates have occurred. I'm learning how to match and set up the forms to allow for smoother integration when we post the online gift or purchase. There is a tool to merge duplicate records so we have found that helpful. This is not a software problem but more of a user inexperience problem.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

Since we were just starting out with web-based donor management software, DonorSnap gave us a robust set of tools, excellent support team for training and migration, and competitive price point based on size of database. We are 100% satisfied with DonorSnap.

Amber from LightBridge Hospice Community Foundation

Best Customer Service

I love DonorSnap - from the functionality, to the simple/customizable dashboard appearance, to the top notch support team and weekly trainings!

Pros

The software is self explanatory and easy to navigate day to day function. They customer service blows any other company out of the water! They are quick, responsive, and reliable. Having an issue? The team will make you a custom step by step video in your individual database. I thought I would need phone support but their team is SO quick and thorough via email that I feel more supported by email than I ever did with a previous database company by phone. Free weekly training are the icing on the cake for a great database system.

Cons

The process to access reports/certain information can be very time consuming until you are 100% comfortable with it. There are a LOT of steps to run a simple report. DonorSnap is a bit ore DIY than I am comfortable with, ex. building my own forms. DataMinorPlatinum still scares me after 8 months of playing with it.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

The cost of DonorSnap could not be beat by any other company. The sales team was kind from day one and sold me on the great product immediately.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

They had AWFUL customer service. Response time to have a simple question answered was 5-7 business days. Everyone on their team was rude and couldn't care less about their customers.

Jennifer from Hunting Park Christian Academy

Must have for Non-Profit

Use the incredible customer service. They made excellent suggestions to customize the site and make it work for our school. Take the webinars. Watch the help videos. I have loved the search feature for looking up check numbers that may have gotten out in the wrong name. I love the fast and extremely helpful customer service. It's also very adaptive to each business. I have used it for nearly 8 years and am still learning new features. There are a ton of reports and ways to customize it. Don't be afraid to ask DonorSnap how to make it work for what you need. They will definitely help.

Pros

It's a highly intuitive program. It's very easy to use. Love the ease of receipting and setting up reminders. I love the ability to email both monthly receipts and year-end contribution statements. The customer service is the best. There are a ton of training videos on the website that are all free to use. They also have many free webinars. You can also reach out with any question and they are very responsive and help you through your problems right away. They also just introduced a new feature where you can send texts to your donor base. I have not had much experience but it was very easy to set up.

Cons

I found this very easy to use and honestly there are not a lot of things I find wrong with Donor Snap. I recommend it to people all the time!

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

We were growing out of our limit for the number of our contacts allowed for our price tier. The next tier was much too expensive. I also did not love the functionality of eTapestry for our school. It was really hard to use and the training videos weren't included in our plan.

Great value and customization options

So glad we found donorsnap and have been a happy customer for more than 7 years!

Pros

Fully customizable reports, easy to use, great value, exports data easily, multiple software integrations, automates gift receipting.

Cons

The UI could be improved and could be more mobile friendly.

Better value

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

We switched because we needed a donor management system as our number of supporters increased.

Paul from National Cancer Assistance Foundation

Small Non Profit Review

Very satisfied with DonorSnap and the ease of use.

Pros

Easy to setup and use. Flexibility to add fields, change screen layouts , so they are more intuitive for users.

Cons

Only 1 merchant processor interfaces with DonorSnap, built in response forms are limited would prefer to be able to use other 3rd party products.

Easy of use and cost

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

Salesforce was too difficult for a small organization like ours.

Patti from St. Vincent's Center for Children with Disabilities in Haiti

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

How DonorSnap is helping us organize our contacts and supporting our fundraising program

Before DonorSnap, our contacts were not well organized and our financial reporting was manual. It is such a relief to be able to run reports and know that our donations are accurately recorded. It has already helped our fundraising efforts and I fully expect that will improve over time. We also switched our online donations from Paypal to goEmerchant without too much difficulty. I was even able to send our first mass email which was pretty impressive both for me and St. Vincent's! I have to say this was a huge learning curve for me but it has all worked out so well.

Pros

DonorSnap is very user friendly even for people who are not familiar with donor management systems. The support they provide is excellent, from one on one advice to the online training sessions. There is an answer for every challenge. The cost is excellent for the service. The software developers seem to have thought through all possible scenarios and provided a program to help small to medium organizations manage their contacts. I love being able to print acknowledgement letters from the program as soon as the donation is entered into the system and, for the first time ever, we can send year end contribution reports to all our donors.

Cons

While there are many reports available to use, the customized reports through DataMiner Platinum can be a little confusing. For me this is more a question of understanding how to write a query and get it right. As I am a relatively new user, I am still exploring what the program offers so there are far more things to like than not.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

As a small non profit, DonorSnap provides everything St. Vincent's needs for a very reasonable price. The website is intuitive once you become familiar with it. We thought the introductory video was clear and our questions were answered quickly and to the point. DonorSnap got high marks for customer service in other reviews and that was very important for us.

Jennifer from The Guilford Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

DonorSnap is a great investment

I have been thrilled with DonorSnap.

Pros

DonorSnap has made a huge impact on the organization of our donor records and efficiency of our organization. We are a very small operation, with only 2 part time staff and a part time bookkeeper. Prior to our investment in DonorSnap, we were using excel spreadsheets. It was a nightmare and very stressful that we would lose our data. DonorSnap has allowed us to understand our donors better and plan for the future with a variety of reports. Finally, I was warned many many times about how difficult it would be to implement new software and transfer our existing data. This proved to be untrue! Once we made the commitment to DonorSnap we were up and running within a few weeks. The DonorSnap team made the transition seamless. The support is amazing and I always get a response within a few hours or day at the most. We made the transition to using DonorSnap for online donations, which has been a success.

Cons

There are a few limitations to the reporting capabilities. We are on a different fiscal year (starts Feb 1) which makes some reporting difficult because it is not as easy to run a report and adds another step to reporting. In addition, I have not found a way to do acknowledgement letters to Fundholders to let them know we have received a gift to their fund easily. I have created a work around that pulls out an excel file and I can do a mail merge. Still much easier than what I had been doing prior to implementing DonorSnap. Last issue for me is counts on reports. It would be great if there was a count of donations at the botton of the reports. We often want to know how many donations came in and it requires an excel spreadsheet which I either need to manipulate or add the additional info by hand to the pdf which is easier for board members, staff to review.

David from Covenant Youth of Alaska

This is an excellent database platform. Not flashy, but very sufficient for our needs.

Pros

This database does everything we need it to and more. We're a smaller non-profit with 1500 donors. The database makes searching for information and pulling reports simple while providing all the details we need. The BEST part of DonorSnap is their incredible customer support team. They've never taken more than a few minutes to respond to email questions with clear and concise answers. They answer in a way that not only gives you what you need, but teaches you how to find it next time. This team is really on top of their game. Our organization also just launched the new partnership DonorSnap has with goEmerchant for our online giving and feedback from our donors has been very positive. Nice to have it all in one system.

Cons

This software is not flashy or polished. Then again it doesn't have a premium price tag. Once you learn the software though you'll find it has everything most people need to successfully manage an organizations donors/volunteers/etc. I think there are a few functions that would be great to add, but honestly, when I've asked the support team - 2/3 of the time they are already working on that next new feature! For example - one area that is lacking is regional donor search features. We have donors all across the country and when I go visit a certain area it would be great to search for all donors within 50 miles of a certain zip code for example.

Response from DonorSnap

Replied December 2017

David, Thank you so much for the feedback. Regarding the proximity report... we actually have this ready to go on our testing site. It will go live in the next batch of updates. You'll see that option in DataMiner Platinum by adding the zip code field to the query builder. Let us know how it meets your needs!

Jeanne from Covenant Life School

Industry: Fund-Raising

This database does everything you need for a low price

We were able to centralize all of our school's donation records. We can quickly and easily generate reports of all types - no limits on customizable reports. I can allow donors and alumni to update their own contact info. I can easily mass enter gifts and do mass uploads as well. It is a great system.

Pros

I have worked with bigger and much more expensive databases at past jobs, and I always ran into problems that were unsolvable within the system - reports I needed that it couldn't generate, no ability to mass upload things, or something along those lines. Donorsnap has thought of EVERYTHING. And for such a minimal monthly price. I was recently at a fundraising professionals meeting, and someone in the forum asked what databases everyone used. A few people sheepishly said what they used, but both added "although I wouldn't recommend it. It's a pain." I was the only person in the room who proudly said "Well, I am using Donorsnap, which is really affordable and can do everything I need. I would highly recommend it to anyone." And a bunch of people jotted it down. Its hard to be happy with your donor database, but for the first time, I am. Their customer service is also great, and responds quickly to any questions. They have tons of video tutorials for every page, so you can learn how to do things when you need to handle a new process you haven't done before.

Cons

Like all software, there is a learning curve. You have to figure out how to do the things you want to do - reports, imports, eforms, etc. One time, I had to import hundreds of gifts made on another platform, and get them to match up to the right donor records already in our database. It was quite the conversation with customer service as I learned how to do this, and it wasn't something I hope to have to do often. But it was possible to do it, without manually entering each gift! Which I can't say would be true for all databases. They have built in a ton of flexibility to this database.

March 2015

Dru from Arrow Education Foundation

March 2015

DonorSnap Easy & Efficient

Pros

DonorSnap is a small company that gives big service! I really appreciate that I can ask for help and receive a response in a timely fashion (usually within just a couple of hours or sooner). One of the reasons we went with DonorSnap was because they offered a lot of what larger companies offered, but at far less the cost. While they didn't have all the bells and whistles, they didn't pretend to either. We needed something easy to operate. I love that the screens all work basically the same. You don't have to remember how things work from screen to screen. The reporting system encompasses every data field (theirs or our customized fields) and is a breeze to utilize. They advertised "no hidden costs" and after 3 years, that's still true. I've sat in on numerous free webinars that have all been timely within the fiscal year and presented in a concise manner. I like the 20 minute specific lesson experience led by knowledgeable instructors and also learn from questions asked by other attendees. But back to the bells and whistles. Throughout the short time that we've been with DonorSnap, they've thoughtfully added some popular features like credit card interface, the ability to quickly upload individual demographic info solicited from a form on our website, and mass email capabilities to save on postage. I know that there's a lot more to this product than I utilize, but I like that they give me the opportunity to check out new software features with their webinars. I can't think of any other company (that I initially considered) that didn't charge for every little features and support - whether I needed them or not! I'm very happy with DonorSnap!

Cons

I wish there was a better way to show "InKind" donations on a report. Currently, they look the same as a cash donation.

Mary from Orange County Women's Chorus

Industry: Performing Arts

Know and Nurture Your Donors!

We had been tracking all of our donor information in QuickBooks, which is really not designed to be a donor management system. Anecdotal information about our donors was stored in memories, and occasionally downloaded to a spreadsheet. We really needed something that would allow us to thank our donors immediately, document background about them, understand relationships between them, and track our interactions with them. We are a very small nonprofit, and needed something affordable as well. DonorSnap has definitely met our needs.

Pros

DonorSnap has vastly improved our ability to know our donors better and to interact with them on a more regular basis. Knowledge about our donors and their relationships to others in the organization is now shared across the organization--rather than maintained in the memories of the board president and the artistic director. DonorSnap allows us to immediately acknowledge a donor's gift, and to track other interactions with our donors. The software is easy to use and is very intuitive. The customer support is outstanding. The live training is excellent, and the recorded webinars and support website are terrific.

Cons

We really haven't found any issues with this software. There are a few things we wish were a little different--for example, on the dashboard apps, we'd like the donation totals to be donations only, not event tickets, but we understand they chose to code it this way based on the majority of their clients' feedback. Overall, we're very happy.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

DonorSnap provided more features than Little Green Light, and was more affordable than any of the others we evaluated.

Barry from Northeast Louisiana Arts Council

Satisfied

I've been very satisfied with DonorSnap. We had spreadsheets prior to installing DonorSnap. There has been somewhat of a learning curve, but once you master what you want to get out of the system, it works.

Pros

In my opinion, DonorSnap is a robust product that provides excellent functionality. For our small organization it meets all our needs. This system will do much more than I'm capable or implementing or have the time to build and implement. There's more engine under the hood than most people will ever really need. But that to me is the beauty of it. It's there if you want or need it. It's solid. It works. Support is Excellent. Very responsive. They know the system. I'm very impressed with their support. They also have a wide range of training videos and live webinars to help you.

Cons

Comparing DonorSnap to other similar products, it is not flashy. If you're looking for flash, DonorSnap may not be what you want. If you like lots of colorful graphs, DonorSnap probably isn't for you. If you want a product that, at least for us, provides a broad array of options to track donor information and you don't care about a fancy front end, then DonorSnap may be what you're looking for.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

I remember that the pricing was right and has continued to be right. It was affordable for an organization that had never had a CRM product and was concerned about the ongoing costs.

Ashlee from Fairhaven-Acushnet Land Preservation Trust

Improved our management immeasurably

I have cut down the amount of time I spend on our donor filing substantially. This is especially important because all the work I do for my organization is voluntary.

Pros

I organize donor files for a small, entirely volunteer-run land trust. Prior to DonorSnap, our "database" was a horribly designed excel file that made organizing and tracking data and determining metrics an absolute nightmare. It was also incredibly frustrating to try to use that file to create mail-merge documents for mailings. As a result, we also kept paper trails of donations way longer than necessary because the filing system was so poor. Using DonorSnap, I was able to discard literally thousands of unnecessary documents we had been keeping for years, and I was able to keep donor histories in one place where it had previously been kept in more than one file. I can also pull up metrics within seconds, where previously it was more time-consuming and inaccurate. The DonorSnap system also makes staying in touch w/ our donors via mail-merge and emails substantially easier, and the acknowledgement tracking is irreplaceable. I can't believe we ever managed files another way.

Cons

Because there are SO many features, sometimes it takes me longer than I would prefer to get some things accomplished in the system. But, the help features are very extensive and I can almost always figure it out by watching the videos or reading the step-by-step guides. I would say my biggest annoyance is the label feature - I hate that the only option is to make a PDF of the labels, because it means I always waste almost entire sheets of labels because they are often not filled. I would much prefer an option to create a word file of labels (similar to all the other documents you can create in DonorSnap), so that I may copy and paste info around the template in order to print on partial label sheets I have lying around.

Kelly from MicroFinancing Partners in Africa

Perfect DB for Small Non-profits

Our previous system had zero flexibility for customizing or changing to grow with us. Everything was a cost to edit when I knew I could execute the edit if administration access were provided. Also, the customer support simply wasn't available. It had taken over a month for someone to reply with a solution with our previous DB. DS helps our productivity and allows us to become intimate with the system, changing how and when we need.

Pros

Many features are impactful for our organization and help us advance our productivity. The mass upload feature is time saving, the ability to create and edit thank you letters is convenient, the multitude of canned reports at an executive level or being able to customize and create one with more granular detail is a key function we specifically sought out in our research of databases. The dashboard view helps us see the details in a summary of the data in our database - very useful! Customer support is top notch, truly. As a new user, I had any questions. Each ticket I opened was answered promptly, within 30-60 minutes and always resolved my user error. Training in detailed easy to access files and pre-recorded videos are free and available with a simple key word search. Lastly, the implementation/conversion was seamless. I did put some work into organizing and labeling/customizing, but the DB couldn't be more intuitive. We are ecstatic about DonorSnap and have zero regrets transitioning with them.

Cons

The tickler function could use more fields to allow for more detail, bit I'm grabbing for straws trying to find something that could use improvement.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

Cost was a major factor in addition to functionality. Being able to alter our DB usage as we grow.

September 2011

Paula from Piscataquog Land Conservancy

September 2011

New to DonorSnap and feeling great!

PLC gives DonorSnap an A+ - We love it! It is the perfect solution for a smaller land trust. Being online means my data is accessible when I am out on the road or working from home or a volunteer's office. I can update donor records quickly, from anywhere, and the program is so intuitive my staff and volunteers have picked it up very quickly with little anxiety. The support available via the page help and video help is extensive, in fact we haven't had to call DonorSnap yet, although during the conversion it was clear that the staff is friendly, accessible and efficient - so I wouldn't hesitate. After a very disappointing and frustrating experience with our previous software I am both relieved and pleased with all that DonorSnap brings to the table. Bravo!

Pros

Smoothest conversion ever! I couldn't believe how seamless it was. And because I can define fields easily on the fly we didn't have to do a great deal of pre-work, as soon as we see a need I can simply create the field needed. DonorSnap is SO easy to use, very intuitive. With minimal training we are recording gifts, pulling mailing lists, tracking interactions and contacts, and syncing with Constant Contact. As a small regional land trust I love that my donor database is online. My board and committee members can enter data into member records themselves rather than sending me emails that I then enter. Their access is limited to what is appropriate for their role, but they can now look up contact information or document conversations - an efficiency that is so valuable when you have limited staff. I have found the reports to be easy to use, and have even created a few new ones - far easier than in ebase.

Cons

We migrated to DonorSnap over the summer from Ebase, and ran into trouble with the name override feature. DonorSnap is creating labels with two names "John Doe and Jane Doe" rather than John and Jane Doe. Perhaps there is an easy fix? I haven't asked yet. Beyond that, we are still learning to use Dataminer, but I find the page help feature a great guide. There were only one or two hiccups with the conversion, not in the migration, but because ebase and DonorSnap have different ways of tracking data (payment type, for example). Dennis suggested an easy work around, and within a year the problem will have dissolved on its own. Don't have any real cons yet...I'll keep looking!

Shannan from Western Sustainability Exchange

A great product, but not for me

It's been difficult to learn all of the features of DonorSnap without an understanding of how & why it was set up the way that it was. I suppose that is a challenge for most CRMs when one group of people set it up and new people come in where no training from the previous people is really provided. My overall experience may be different if I had been there in the beginning.

Pros

I like that you can automatically have it assign letters to different types of donations and that you can see it all at the Dashboard so you don't forget to send them. It is also very convenient to be able to set up Mass Entry options when you have a group of donations that are tied to the same event.

Cons

I do not like that you are unable to sort the entire database without creating a report. I also am not a fan of the fact that you would have to create a report to pull a list of contacts to change one thing about them all, export to excel, make the change, then import back into DonorSnap. It would be much more effective to be able to sort by look-up items, use a drop down with an option that says change to, and then have it ask, change all records in look-up? So you can just hit yes. I also do not like that you cannot see all the notes, donations, and contact information on one screen. You have to click on tabs and I actually find it quite cumbersome to have to click a tab to see donations, another for notes, another for interactions, etc.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

We're actually looking to change CRMs

Alexis from The Muskegon Humane Society

It does what we need it too

When we first started using donorsnap, I was very happy with the simplicity of it but now I think it has gotten a lot more complicated and I think charging extra for real customer service is just a poor business model.

Pros

It captures donor details and helps us organize and filter donors as we need to gather information or create mailing lists.

Cons

I know it is a database which is not inherently user friendly but it definitely doesn't try to be easy to understand in any way. There are a lot of ways to customize fields but you can't delete most of them, even though we don't want them so it adds a lot of extra information spaces in our downloaded worksheets that we have to sort and delete every single time. When I had an issue setting up goemerchant with donorsnap as an added service I got passed around to many people then was told because I didn't have a better subscription I didn't pay to TALK to someone about my issue. I had to leave a voicemail and have someone make a video and email it to me of them answering my question. The man did a great job but because I didn't fully understand the software, it was hard for me to verbalize my question so he could understand in a voicemail so I ended up spending HOURS leaving voicemails and getting emailed videos of him responding. IT WAS SO FRUSTRATING. It was such a simple fix that the thought that I had just paid to add this service and no one was able to help me integrate it without me paying more to talk to someone on the phone had me ready to cancel this service all together.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

I liked that donorsnap offered new customer training sessions and seemed like they were going to help us learn this software and support during the transitions. We are not a tech company so that is very important to me.

Brian from Iowa Catholic Radio

Industry: Broadcast Media

Powerful and Easy to Use

It has been great! The initial training was excellent and the support is quick and effective.

Pros

We have been able to customize DonorSnap to exactly what we need. The ability to add fields has been the key to our success with the product.

Cons

While the report writer is very powerful, it has a steep learning curve. Once you are familiar with how data are stored in DonorSnap is becomes much easier to write effective reports. I'd like to see an ODBC connection between DonorSnap and Excel. It would make it possible to provide real time reporting of our metrics during our pledge drives.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

Blackbaud is too expensive for our organization and DonorSnap better suits our needs.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

The in house system did not have the ability to create custom reports

Christa from Northville Educational Foundation

Great value! Gives us everything we need and more at a fraction of the cost of our previous system.

Pros

We are a small non-profit that used to have a big donor software system. It was cumbersome--training new people always took some time. Reporting was confusing--we were never was sure that we were getting what we asked for. Support was adequate. The worst part is that the company seemed more concerned with selling add ons and upgrades than making sure we had what we needed. Moving to DonorSnap was such a relief! It is a lot more intuitive and easier to use. It has all the functionality we need and some to grow into. The support is very responsive but most of the time I can find what I need in the webinars and online videos that are available. I love the on-line responsive forms that keep donors on our website and the reporting that doesn't require me to write code. We are starting to take advantage of the prospecting aspects--tracking our donor contacts and using ticklers to make sure we follow-up in a timely manner. The mobile app is great for our Board members to have accessibility when they go out on donor visits. They can enter notes on their visit right on their phones! The Staff is wonderful--they want you to be successful. They have all come from the non-profit world so they understand your needs. The fact that it has all the functionality it does at such an affordable price is amazing. I have been recommending DonorSnap to the other Ed Foundations in our area.

Cons

Ironically, the one thing that took me some time to adjust to was its flexibility. I was so used to having to work within the constraints of a system. I went from, "It doesn't work that way" to "Sure, you can do that!" I really appreciate all of the things I can do to customize DonorSnap to fit my needs. . . define user profiles individually, add and customize fields, rearrange my dashboard to view what I want to view. . . it has all been great.

Kathleen from The Pasadena Literary Alliance

We use Donorsnap everyday

Overall we depend on Donorsnap entirely to run our organization. We have no issues with data integrity or exporting to Constant Contact. We do not manage a complicated set of donors. I've heard that the reason to upgrade to a different product is the ability to parse sets of donors by capability.

Pros

Donorsnap is all in the cloud, training is straightforward and our team can remember how to use it.

Cons

Integration with Quickbooks has been improved over time. Now it's less complicated. We depend on that and we pay someone to do it. it needs to be done frequently by someone, not a random volunteer. but that's ok. It works.

cloud function and price and integration with Quickbooks and Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

cloud availability for all volunteers

Belinda from Roaring Lambs

DonorSnap Has Great Value

DonorSnap Support has always been prompt and has solved issues quickly. The product has great value for a reasonable cost. I have now used the product for over seven years and continue to upgrade the customization of the product to meet our growing needs. Free training is always available, and I send our new users to the online training webinars. DonorSnap also continues to make improvements in their system. Thank you for a wonderful product!

Pros

For a small organization, DonorSnap provides everything we need for contact and donor management. I love the fact that it is highly customizable for our specific needs.

Cons

I am totally pleased that this product meets all our needs.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

Great value for the cost. Looked simpler to manage. Great sales and customer support.

Adele from Interfaith Association of Northwest Washington

Excellent Program for tracking donations and volunteers

I used DonorSnap for about 3 years to manage volunteers and donors at the homeless shelter where I worked. It made our process for tracking and acknowledging these aspects of our work much more organized and efficient.

Pros

This is an excellent program. It's great for a non-profit to track contacts and all donations and volunteer hours and form a list from which many types of reports can be pulled. Excellent for mailings and generating acknowledgement letters that would have otherwise had to be hand-written. Great for campaigns. Wonderful help index on every page with detailed instructions and help-videos. Excellent customer support with frequent training webinars.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to generate an email list right from the program without having to go through a third party like Constant Contact. Also, generating mailing labels is not as easy as it could be.

Response from DonorSnap

Replied December 2018

Adele, thank you so much for the praise! We're very pleased to hear how DonorSnap has helped increase the organization and efficiency of your nonprofit. I think you will also be pleased to hear that we added a mass email tool to DonorSnap earlier this year. It is included with all subscriptions. Email us at support@donorsnap.com and we'll walk you through it.

Reggie from Paris Landing Volunteer Fire Department

Donorsnap is by far the best Donor Management Software program we have ever used.

Pros

Customization is virtually unlimited. The Vendor is very easy to work with and offers free training classes geared to your needs. Support is quick usually in a couple of hours. Help is instantly available at any place in the program. The Vendor is constantly adding new features and improvements at no additional cost. Entirely web based, allowing access from anywhere there is an internet connection. Offers unlimited users at no additional cost. Access for each user can be tailored to their needs. Offer a mobile app for iPhone. The price is very competitive with other companies and may be paid monthly or yearly. We have seen a marked improvement in our donations since we began using the program. We highly recommend this program for any non profit who solicits donations and or performs fund raisers

Cons

While they offer a mobile app for iPhone, they also need a mobile app for Android. Mass updates are a little bit cumbersome by requiring information to be exported to Excel, updated and then imported back into the program. However, the process is simple and straightforward.

Cindy from HomeWord

Functional, User-Friendly and Great Product

We have enjoyed growing with DonorSnap. More options and reporting tools have become available in the last few years which has helped us tremendously with the ease of accessing the kinds of reports we needed/wanted without manually creating them.

Pros

Easy access to our donor base and the ability to add individual notes for each contact. The ability to add events/fields for each donor is also very useful in tracking attendees for fundraisers or events.

Cons

I wish we could go directly to Contacts, rather than through a drop-down menu (Community)

Pricing

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

The pricing was better and the tools were more user-friendly

Judith from Kirkmont Center, Inc.

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Just what we needed when we needed it and it still works for us.

When we started with it we were just trying to keep accurate records of donors' contact information and donations for their IRS records and our planning purposes. It has been easy to keep track of pledges and pledge giving, campaigns and appeal responses, donor designations, memorial, and honorary donations, and so much more. DonorSnap continues to develop its program with additional tools and related services. We are now keeping track of our volunteers and the hours that they give. Information can flow to other software tools like Quickbooks and Constant Contact. Responsive forms integrate with our website. DonorSnap keeps adding tools without raising our cost.

Pros

Easy to learn. Easy to use. Access from multiple sites by multiple users. No information lost -- all downloadable to Excel. Built-in reports. Fantastic support. Low cost. All of these were things we needed in 2013. We chose DonorSnap and have never been sorry. The annual free National Change of Address service is a real bonus.

Cons

Some of our younger, more tech-savvy staff find it a bit clunky compared to the much higher priced bells and whistles software that they have used.

Kiara from Correctional Education Association, Inc.

It's Amazing

Pros

I love the fact that DonorSnap allows you to set up multiple users with different privileges. The integration with my accounting software was seamless. Using this software on a daily basis allows my board members to see updates instantly.

Cons

I wish that there was an option for membership ID numbers to automatically generate.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

We chose DonorSnap over Salesforce due to the costs and features.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

We no longer had access to the technician that set up our database and we needed something new.

Cris from Connellsville Area Community Ministries

Donorsnap helped with a "flood" of donations

Connellsville Area Community Ministries has been a customer of Donorsnap since the summer of 2013. We track our monetary and in-kind donations with your system and generate thank you letters and end-of-year contribution statements. We also track our volunteer hours. By the end of August 2016 we had approximately 1300 records in our system. Then, on August 28, 2016, our town was hit with a flash flood that affected 300 homes and the donations started to pour in. We took in more than $22,000 the first day! At this point, we have collected more than $650,000 for the flood recovery effort. With Donorsnap's help, we were able to generate more than 1500 thank you letters in a three month period. We could not have acknowledged that kind of volume by hand. We really needed Donorsnap. Thank you! We appreciate the work that you do! Blessings, Cris McDonough Assistant to the Director Connellsville Area Community Ministries P.S. In addition, your customer support is always timely and I appreciate the improvements you have made over the past three years to make data tracking easier. Your training sessions are efficient and helpful. In comparison to other programs of this type, yours is very affordable. Keep up the good work.

Pros

It is very flexible.

Cons

It's all good.

Donna from Palouse Care Network Inc

Excellent Customer Service

DonorSnap allows us to track donations and contact information of our donors. We use it as a financial tool as well as a communication tool with our donors.

Pros

DonorSnap has exceeded our expectations. Their customer service is top-notch as they respond quickly and also are proactive in anticipating needs by offering interactive Trainings. Their software has met almost all of our needs and they are receptive to new ideas and suggestions. I use their sorting, filtering, and reporting capabilities often and they have made their software intuitive to use. I love discovering new capabilties though and that's where the trainings are valued.

Cons

The one-on-one help with our integration from our past software was invaluable. DonorSnap was technically savvy and made the transition smooth. I don't have any "cons" at this point.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

DonorSnap offered higher level capabilities. Their strong customer support was evident from the start.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

Giftworks was implementing a large cost increase. We were also experiencing a lack of response to problems we were having with the software.

Anna from WI State Fair Park Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Works for managing donor relationship and website integration

I really like Donorsnap... customer service has been really good. Biggest drawback is ease of design for mass email campaigns.

Pros

Responsive forms are extremely helpful to integrate donations with donor records. This was the main feature I was looking for when converting from Constant Contact. Responsive forms are relatively easy to create if you are someone who is somewhat comfortable with technology and aren't afraid to learn something new.

Cons

The biggest weakness is that your ability to send out visually appealing emails is extremely limited. If you are looking to communicate with donors as you would through templates like ones that are available through Eventbrite or Constant Contact, do NOT use donorsnap. I think donorsnap integrates with another mail program like Constant Contact but then you are paying a second subscription which defeats the purpose. I wish Donorsnap would invest some resources in shoring up this area.

Cost

Integration with donor records

Kathy from Society of St. Teresa of Jesus (Teresian Sisters)

Comprehensive Program for a Reasonable Cost

Pros

This software allows for good record keeping and getting away from paper recordkeeping. It removes the risk of only one person being familiar with paper records. If something happened to that one person, no one else would know where to pick up from. At least with Donor Snap, tech support could get anyone up to speed. Nothing would be lost.

Cons

Tech support imported the database from Excel. Their training helped to become functional with what we needed this program for. My only recommendation is that each time a report is done, the program should automatically default to active only. I once ran a set of mailing labels and had not clicked on active only, and newsletters were sent to every name in the database. Some in the inactive had moved and didn't have forwarding addresses, and some were deceased. It was quite embarrasing to make this mistake.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

The cost of Donor Snap was not outrageous, and it was going to fulfill the functions we were looking for. One benefit we didn't know about until we started using the program was the great tech support. They respond quickly and can go into your database and reports to tell you what you did wrong and guide you forward.

Stacey from Anick & Associates

I can't say enough about the DonorSnap program itself and the staff behind it. Simply amazing!!!!

Easy reporting Easy data entry Duplication Management Website Integration

Pros

I manage a number of databases for various nonprofit clients across the United States. DonorSnap is by far one of my favorites. It's extremely easy to use. On the occassion, I need help with a query, report, import, or anything, someone is ALWAYS there to help...very quickly!!! When I have a client that needs a system to track their gifts, I will always refer DonorSnap. So many nonprofits cannot afford an expensive system, however, still want the functionality, DonorSnap does this for them. The cost is beyond affordable and functionality rivals any Blackbaud product in my opinion.

Cons

To be honest, I can't say that anything is really a con to me. The DonorSnap team is continually coming out with additional features to enhance an already great system. All the while, keeping the price extremely affordable.

Marty from Missional Living, Inc.

DonorSnap works for us!

We use DonorSnap for all our online giving, using their partner goEmerchant. We are able to track several kinds of gifts (charitable, gifts in kind, grants) that tie directly to Quickbooks Online.

Pros

As a new non-profit, we needed software that was easy to set up and implement. Now, five years later, DonorSnap was able to grow and our needs increased. They offer excellent training although most of our needs are met with the robust help offered on each page.

Cons

The standard reports are great, but creating unique reports using DataMiner Gold and Platinum takes time to learn. However, getting stuck means leaning into DonorSnap's helps menu or contacting their support team who are always timely and helpful.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

The simplicity of use, low cost, offered the features we needed.

CHRISTA from NORTHVILLE EDUCATIONAL FOUNDAT

UPDATE - DonorSnap's Updates

Pros

DonorSnap just redesigned their interface--it is very nice! Easier to find things! We have been using it about a year now. Still fitting our needs! Still really liking it!

Cons

I don't have any complaints about DonorSnap, but I've had a few issues with their on-line purchasing partner GoEmerchant. Sometimes our transactions didn't go through as anticipated--sometimes a day or two late. We also had a gala event and many of our transactions from the event did not go through--and there was no indication that they didn't. I had one of their Customer Reps say that it may have been that the number and dollar amounts of the transactions may have tripped a fraud trigger. They told me to call ahead next time and notify them. Ugh! Non-profits have major events with large transactions! I ended up having to follow up with may donors--fortunately, they were understanding and supportive. I pray that doesn't happen again!

Response from DonorSnap

Replied May 2019

We're glad you've found the new interface to be a big improvement! Thank you for the feedback and please let us know if you have any suggestions for improving it further. I'm sorry for the growing pains you've experienced with goEmerchant, but I hope that does not continue. If it does continue, please let us know.

Lori from Mequon Community Foundation Inc

Industry: Fund-Raising

This works great for our Community Foundation!

Their customer service is great and their online instructional videos are very helpful. Very user friendly.

Pros

We easily enter our donation information directly to DonorSnap from our post office deposits and the Go EMerchant online payments automatically enter with just one click after our approval. This enables our accountant to run donation reports for entry to Quickbooks and allows our Secretary to print out the thank you notes (through donorsnap) very efficiently and timely. We also like the dashboard apps that allow us to quickly see top donors, recent donors, progress of specific fundraising goals and it is so easy to customize the dashboard apps for our needs.

Cons

This was our foundation's first donor database so we provided an excel file with the information to DonorSnap. We originally did not enter the category field correctly and as a result could not sort by donation type. Once we discussed this with Customer Service however they were able to correct it for us (thank you!) and now our reports are much more useful. So I recommend you take the time in the beginning to understand what each field means and how each field is sorted before the initial entry of your database.

Greg from Christian World Outreach

DonorSnap is Great!

We were using a homemade Access program which was a headache to use and update. The ease of moving over to DonorSnap was extremely easy. Training was offered immediately and made the transition very easy. We have had very few issues and when we did things were resolved immediately. We continue to look for ways to use DonorSnap to help us improve our donor retention and cultivation. I recommend DonorSnap all the time.

Pros

The ease of using this software makes it easy for training on it's use. We have been very happy with what the way we can create ways to use it to fit our needs. Also, staff are willing to hear of suggestions for changes. The ability to one have one place to have donor contact information and the connection with Constant Contact is a major plus.

Cons

The only thing that sometimes made it difficult to use in the past is know the symbols used when creating reports.

Amy from Independence School District Foundation

Donorsnap

Consolidated donor information and communication in one-stop shopping

Pros

Gives a detailed listing of Donors, donor activity, information, trends etc

Cons

Can be difficult to not have a "live" person to contact with questions. However the tutorial videos are very helpful

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

Price and that it worked with Quikbooks desktop

Bruce from Social Justice Fund for Ventura County

DonorSnap for Nonprofits - Review

DonorSnap has proven to be a good decision for our small nonprofit, both economicalcally and technically and their team has been both professional and responsive whenever an issue occurred.

Pros

Converting to DonorSnap (DS) was easy, quick and support was very helpful. DS has also proven to be easy for our board members and volunteers to use.

Cons

There is nothing that I would say I dislike, however I wish DS would enhance the email capabilities offering a cut and paste / block feature and the ability for individuals to save and reuse their own templates. This is the one roadblock that intimidates less experienced users.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

Salesforce was too big and intimidating for us (too many features we did not need) and it did not offer functional email capabilities that worked for us.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

We needed a product more focused on our needs as a small nonprofit, something our users and volunteers could and would use. It also had to be affordable.

alison from Nationalities Service Center

Efficient, no frills

DonorSnap is a totally functional CRM. I am happy with it, and don't think the experience offered by other software is worth the price. As long as you're comfortable using Excel, you can still find the nuanced data you need to find.

Pros

I most appreciate that this is a free software---which is sometimes critical when you're trying to get a nonprofit off the ground. I also appreciate the relative ease of use, and especially the dashboard, which lets you see how you're doing at a glance, and gives you key information in two seconds.

Cons

I was trained on Raiser's Edge, and I was used to having "forms" that pop up for each donor. Each donor has a separate and distinct set of pages or tabs connected to them. In DonorSnap, the donor doesn't have a pop-up record. It's difficult to describe, but it feels different. You can't have multiple records open at once, for example. You have one, and then you have to go back to the search function and transfer to another record. It feels less flexible than Raiser's Edge. I've also not had the greatest luck in running complex queries. I was good at that in RE, but with DonorSnap, I've taken to exporting a lot of info into Excel and then manipulating it from there.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

I switched jobs. The first used Raiser's Edge; the second used DonorSnap.

Laurie from Church Extension Ministries Bible Fellowship Church

Very simple to set up and use!

Since we had no donor program at all two years ago, we no longer have multiple entries into spreadsheets and then repeat entries into QuickBooks. Now we only have one entry and not only does it integrate with QuickBooks, but I can email receipts and send automatic reports to anyone.

Pros

We had absolutely NO donor software two years ago. The previous Admin was using a million spreadsheets. This was so easy to integrate donor information and set up. DonorSnap has many training videos and a very responsive helpdesk.

Cons

I haven't found a way to send ONE email receipt to donors that have split a donation check to multiple appeals. Right now, the donor gets multiple emails for a split donation - however, that may be our user issue.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

We liked the fact that anyone in our company can access their own desktop and set it up the way they want to see the information. It is easy to use and a great product for the cost.

Cari from Nevada Cancer Coalition

Super for a small non-profit

Our overall experience has been wonderful with DonorSnap. Customer service is fantastic and if we cannot find answers in the videos they provide, we can reach out via email or telephone, and their responses are quick and helpful!

Pros

DonorSnap provides us with an easy way to track not only our donors, but all of our contacts, committee member, volunteers, and partners and allows us to communicate seamlessly as well. It saved us from spreadsheets!

Cons

More creative options on the forms and more options for shopping cart.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

When I was searching for our first donation and CRM program, DonorSnap was a good fit for our small organization as it was affordable, integrated with ConstantContact, and did provide opportunities to grow with us.

Marion from Lititz Public Library

Industry: Libraries

Donorsnap review

I have found Donorsnap to be quite useful for fundraising and donor tracking in a small non-profit organization. I can generate helpful reports for my board of trustees and there is plenty of room for growth. Tech support has also be helpful when there have been glitches (or user problems) and have solved my problems quickly.

Pros

I found Donorsnap fairly easy to use. I was able to start using it immeadiately after initial training, and I am not a techie. I like that there are videos and notes to go to to find out how to impliment certain items. I do like that tech is available, at least through email. Also, they have upgraded it since I began using it.

Cons

They offered eMerchant as a banking option, but it would not intergrate with our other banking commiments. Also, I miss some of the functions that I had when I used Microsoft Access. However, I had no support with Access.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

I was the only one in the organization that knew how to use Access. Donorsnap provides online back-up, plus can train other users as needed. It was recommended to us by a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.

Dan from Bainbridge Island Historical Museum

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Thoughts about DonorSnap

Great record-keeping tool and report generation for donations and memberships.

Pros

Ease of use and easy to customize for our organization's needs.

Cons

Some online donation processing could be made easier.

Reasons for Switching to DonorSnap

Needed better processing and reporting.

Kris from Rise

DonorSnap gets you organized

DonorSnap eliminated the need for Excel, Access, and other piecemeal tracking of donors, donations, and contact information. Tech support has always been very responsive and the system downtime is minimal.

Pros

Product is easy to use and customize fields. Does not require customer service or technical support. Demos and instruction videos are helpful.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to create a customized contact screen with not just fields and order but placement on screen as well. For example expand field size or font size. Also helpful to customize the Dashboard export of print/email file. Many fields are not needed on a regular basis.

Reasons for Choosing DonorSnap

Functionality, ease of use, cost, technical support and migration assistance.

Aimee from Albany Public Schools Foundation

Good Value for the Money

Our Foundation uses Donor Snap to track all fundraising activities. It is user friendly and does the job.

Pros

Donor Snap is a cost effective option for small to mid-sized nonprofits. There are no add-ons, it is all-inclusive and easy to learn. There are lots of helpful tutorials and set-up was a breeze.

Cons

Needs: Moves management for tracking donor stewardship, asks, and other interactions. It would be nice to have a fundraising dashboard in which you could add your fundraising goals and track throughout the year. Sponsor tracking for events would also be nice. It would be nice to have a "campaign / event" center where goals could be added and easy reports of sponsorship tracking could be run.

Price

Thom from City Opera House Heritage Association

Industry: Performing Arts

Great value for capable donor management software

We manage our donor records effectively with DS. The added benefit of integrated credit card processing is a great boon to us; it saves additional costs associated with that. I appreciate the reporting capabilities and the ease of use in pulling data.

Pros

DS is easy to use and to get up to speed on. It is straightforward to use and capable in terms of reporting, data gathering, and tracking donors. I appreciate the training workshops that have helped me make better use of this product. I really appreciate the integration of eCommerce credit card processing with DS.

Cons

We have not integrated this with QB because we are very basic users of QB. The reporting aspect of DS makes it relatively easy to reconcile the two.