DoorLoop Software Reviews

DoorLoop Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"This is a team of people that truly care about your success. They listen to your suggestions, they want your feedback, and they may even implement your ideas and features."
  • icon"I feel very supported by them. Another great feature is the ease of use, which is critical to those of us not schooled in accounting."
  • icon"Also, their accounting and reporting system is comprehensive, but yet really straightforward."
  • icon"Not only did they take my suggestion seriously, but they also told me that they would pass the request along to their development team to get that change on the schedule."
  • icon"Not sure I'm supposed to know it but I guess that option is coming)."
  • icon"I submitted it as a feature suggestion and they took it seriously."

Browse all DoorLoop Reviews

• Have you used DoorLoop and would like to share your experience with others?

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

August 2022

An amazing company with a stellar team!

Irving

The easiest and most affordable

Pros

Definitely the ease of use. Our last software took us months to figure out, and cost a fortune for training. After a few painful years, we finally made the switch because they didn't have certain features we wanted that doorloop offered. To say the software is easy to use is an understatement. We only needed two training sessions (an hour each), and felt like we were proficient enough to get going. What took months before, not only took a matter of days. It definitely took the pain out of migration and training.

Cons

I'm still waiting for the Zapier integration to be fully connected with all the apps so we can start doing some automation with our other programs.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

The cost and ease of use

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Because I felt like we had to be accountants to use the software. It took 45 minutes to reach tech support which simply wasn't acceptable when we have a growing business to run.

Christine

November 2022

Pros out weigh the Cons

Overall experience was very pleasant. Adrian Cintas was our specific trainer. He was very patient and knowledgeable.

Pros

It is easy to make corrections/adjustments to all transactions.It is to set up a property and once the property is set-up the financial side is ready to accept transactions. [This would not be the case if you were working with only an accounting software.]Support staff is very knowledgeable and patient.

Cons

Some accounting reports aren't available [ex. 1099s, Profit & Loss Detail Report, and Balance Detail Report - if you have worked with QBO/QBD you would get these reports with out any filtering]The system requires you to associate a project to every transaction, this is difficult if you are tracking commissions, but there is a way around this]Depositing of a rent deposit can be tricky, but once you learn it, it isn't difficult.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

The platform had both the propety managment and the accounting intergrated together.

Nickalaus

Not Designed for the Accountant at Heart

It is a start up so you are going to get a very start up based experience. Meaning, that you may end up knowing more than the person helping you. I quickly found that after using the product for an hour I knew more about certain parts of the software than the sales rep. I was also a little disappointed that the sales team does not know "Property Management" they are just trying to see you a product. So be prepared to educate on the business to some degree. They are all nice people and they do want to do a good job, they are just in their words "new". I think that in several years they can dominate the market, but they are not there yet. I find that they are responsive and I liked that you communicated by Zoom, it felt more personal.

Pros

Single software to address numerous concerns around managing your real estate. The Customer Service was helpful. It feels fresh and clean and is easy to navigate and requires little learning curve to get going. It gives you a intuitive feel when using the majority of the product.

Cons

Basic Betty is how I felt the product was. So while I was excited that this would be a single software to do it all, I quickly learned that it was just your basic approach to each process they help you manage. So while they can do the majority of what you need in the rental property management space, they are not doing any of it at an expert level. Meaning, you get the entry level for what you are trying to do. The accounting package is okay, but it is not great, you probably want to strongly consider a true accounting software for accounting. They can do more, BUT the name of the game is "work around". I wanted to track specific details for my tenants, like their basic demographic information not an option, told you can just enter random notes in a note pad. Your Google/Apple contacts has the ability to track more information about your tenant that your property management software. That is now where I wanted to be. I want to track expenses at the "Unit" level, they cant not do that they track at the property level, so if you have a single property that has multiple units (Apt Complex, Duplex, Storage Facility) you have to create "properties" for each of these to be able to track expenses for them. Settings are at the Property Level and so you would get the opportunity to change settings for each unit over just changing those setting one time. This can create a lot of work for you if you plan to have larger properties.

Response from DoorLoop

Thank you for your review, Nickalaus! We're glad to hear that our clean interface and awesome world-class support team have been great assets to your business. We hear your feedback about accounting and assure you that we are constantly expanding DoorLoop's features based on our users' feedback. You can look forward to even more robust accounting features in the coming months. In addition to that, it's always our goal to offer comprehensive support that gives you the tools you need to succeed. Thank you again for your feedback and for being a part of our family!

Replied October 2022

Aaron

September 2022

Great Value, Fresh Look to Property Management, Missing Mid-Term Market

We are a small real estate investment business that is growing. We needed to move away from the manual and paper way of doing business to expand and provide a better solution for our tenants. DoorLoop hits the mark to get make that transition and get started.

Pros

The UI is very intuitive and the features cover most of the necessary aspects of owning and managing a rental property.

Cons

Communication with the tenants. I like the ability to make announcements, but it would be even better to have threaded discussions with the tenants where the communication can be tracked and referenced later. The other piece that is missing is connecting with Furnished Finders [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for posting rentals and managing communication. The mid-term furnished rental market is not being served by any property management software. We require a blend between short-term and long-term features. Everyone is going after short-term (AirBNB) and long-term. There is a huge market for this and a giant void.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Great value. I could tell it was a new thoughtful UX approach to property management. The features were priced right and are the right ones.

Response from DoorLoop

Hi, Aaron - thank you so much for your review! It's so great to hear that DoorLoop's intuitive interface and features have been assets to your business. We definitely hear your constructive feedback. We're thrilled to have recently announced that DoorLoop has raised $20M in Series A funding, which will enable us to further develop our product roadmap and expand the portfolio types we're able to support. You are correct that all announcements are logged. On top of that, logs are automatically kept of all tenant requests and any communication that happens within them. Communication features are extremely important to us, and we look forward to continuing to expand the ones found within our software, especially with the newly expanded array of resources at our disposal. Thank you so much for being a part of the Looper family, and we can't wait to keep growing with you!

Replied September 2022

Derek

November 2022

Great Software

Customer service has been amazing. They are always willing to jump on a call and fix your problem. Software is great but the customer support is even better.

Pros

It is super powerful while also being simple to use.

Cons

I think front end websites are coming. That would be great. Also a few more options to track where a unit is in the lease process (ex, rented, vacant, under construction, notice, delinquent, eviction.) These would help us keep track of where units are in the process.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

It looked simpler to use. Also looked newer. We liked the fact that DoorLoop is still building things out.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Software was not user friendly at all. Support was terrible. Yardi was to complicated for most people to use.

Kevin

September 2022

Feature-rich, well-built, intuitive property management software

Overall experience is excellent.

Pros

What I like most is that the software feels and works as though it was constructed with all of these things in mind. All sections are linked together, and clicking on info anywhere takes you where you are trying to go. Global search feature is great. Ability to modify the chart of accounts is clutch. Support is fantastic so far.

Cons

The merchant account application is not something I've had to do or pay for with other software.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

It is the most complete solution, has good reviews and great support

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

To cut down on the number of products needed to manage the business and consolidate info in one place.

Harsh

DoorLoop Review

DoorLoop has been amazing. It is very easy to use and our tenants love it.

Pros

Tenant portal, reports and checking when leases are coming due.

Cons

Nothing. The software is great. It makes my job much easier.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

DoorLoop had better features and it was more user friendly.

Baldwin Park Review

I dont have much to compare it to, its the only portal we have used, but we like it.

Pros

Overall ease of use via the internet. Getting away from cash payments saves a lot of time.

Cons

Not being able to change the building and unit number on an active lease is quite annoying. We have to make an active lease in order to charge someone a hold on and apartment, but if we move them to a new unit before they move in we have to create a whole new lease, and the old one what disappear because it has a $100 charge on it.

I've already answered this

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

They denied out bank for some unfair reason, so we couldnt accept rent payments.

Response from DoorLoop

Hi Michael, Thank you so much for your input! We're so glad that DoorLoop's ease of use has been helpful for your business. Thank you for your feedback regarding leases! We're always working to make our lease management features as user-friendly and effective as possible, and we encourage you to be on the lookout for exciting feature updates for leases in the months to come. Thank you again and have a great day!

Replied November 2022

Holly

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

October 2022

DoorLoop is a time saver!

Pros

Compared to other, much more expensive, property management platforms on the market, DoorLoop is intuitive to use, easy to navigate, visually appealing, and the customer service team responds quickly and with effective resolutions to issues and questions. DoorLoop saves us time (and money), and allows us to focus on what matters most - the overall experience for our tenants.

Cons

DoorLoop and Quickbooks, out accounting software, don't always play nice with each other. We're identifying and fixing issues as they pop up. The goods news is once we fix the issue, it stays fixed.

Cost.

Kenneth

Support is so Much Better than Buildium

All of the support team are great and extremelu helpful...[SENSITIVE CONTENT] GIVE HER A RAISE!

Pros

The company support is EXCELLENT. Videos are good on line; Chat will get you going if your stuck and scheduled zoom sessions are super. Support can even gain your permission to look deeper if needed.

Cons

Reports are not as detailed. Profit and Loss should have detailed optional reporting listing all transactions per category.

Ease of use

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Support got back days later and sometimes over a week. Not acceptable when you need help right away.

Response from DoorLoop

Thank you, Kenneth! We're overjoyed to know that you've had a great experience with our awesome support team. We appreciate your feedback on reports. We're proud to offer advanced reporting and are always aiming to further expand DoorLoop's reporting capabilities based on our users' requests, so keep an eye out for updates to come. Thanks again!

Replied October 2022

Matthew

The best parts of Gmail and Quickbooks Combined

So far I have been extremely satisfied and my experience seems to only be getting better and better. The support has made the clunky transition between PM software way less daunting.

Pros

I was drawn in by the aesthetic and features of the platform, captivated by the intuitive, simple, and effective features, and wow'ed by the above and beyond customer service. I was previously using quickbooks and it was a little clunky and relative overkill for what we needed out of our accounting software. This simplified the process while consolidating the management side of what we needed. Having multiple properties across multiple LLCs manageable from one screen is already a big time saver.

Cons

Most of the features that are missing are currently being added. One things I would be interested in seeing is a way to pull information from receipts to auto populate into bill pay fields (though, I realized this is a feature that is a bit more complicated to add). The fact that you can attach photos and documents to each bill satisfies that for me.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Ultimately the User Interface sold me. However the customer service really has blown me away.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

More streamlined software to manage multiple properties and automate our accounting.

Izhak

Incredible reporting and robust accounting

Pros

I have known many of the founders for several years and they have an impressive record of successful ventures, so I was lucky enough to get invited for an early access trial. So far I've found it to be incredibly intuitive, easy to use and above all the speed with which I can generate my reports is incredible. From a tenant perspective, the portal has greatly improved my communication and allowed me to easily track maintenance requests submitted by my tenants. I'm excited to grow with the product and already see huge benefits implementing this into my business.

Cons

As I noted, I'm one of the first users to gain access to the system so it's still missing some small features, however after speaking with their support team, even the smallest functionality I will need for my business is on their roadmap to be released over the next couple of quarters.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

The detailed accounting system was a huge part of why I decided to go with DoorLoop as it means I no longer have need for QuickBooks

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

The reporting was the biggest draw for me as being able to get a quick and clear picture of everything that's going on is vital for me to be successful

Peter

Great software

We are now able to have all our property information, project tracking, accounting, property management, and reporting in one place that allows all our team members to use the software how they need to. Very effective tool for our business that helps our team members track and report their individual responsibilities.

Pros

We needed an all in one solution for residential, commercial, short term, and construction projects. Although DoorLoop isn't made for some of these, it was very easy to implement their features for all of our needs (Their task tracking and accounting are super helpful in project management)

Cons

Seems like there are some small features that they don't have that would be very useful. For example, no short term rental feature, only month to month or fixed term leasing periods.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

DoorLoop and Yardi had about the same features at around the same price point. The task Tracking in DoorLoop was much better, and in general DoorLoop seemed more user friendly and flexible.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Was a cheap option that was good for tracking a few residential properties, when we merged the management of all our properties, we needed a more robust flexible solution.

July 2022

An amazing company with a stellar team!

Doorloop has streamlined our daily workflow in many ways. The best part of working with Doorloop is the customer service. STELLAR!

Pros

It comes down to service. Our previous provider lacked quality customer service. Doorloop is a breath of fresh air. They truly go out of their way to make this product the best it can be and to assist in training. The ENTIRE team is amazing. Special kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who consistently overcome hurdles we have faced and make this product perfect for our organization. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] makes is clear on a daily basis that his job doesn't stop with sales, he has become like a friend and he goes out of his way to be helpful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is the best, always sticks to his promises and figures out new ways to impress us on a daily basis!

Cons

Onboarding with a new software after 8 years with our previous company was tough, but Doorloop went above and beyond to walk us through every step and make it so much easier.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Doorloop's SUPERIOR customer service won us over. The sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] , made us feel important and took time to listen to our needs and issues.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Terrible customer service that really made us feel like we did not matter.

Gayle

March 2022

Amazing and Simple

It’s just 100% positive. What else can I say? I can honestly say I have never in my life said that about a piece of software or a commercial product. The combination of thoughtful product development that can be customized to your specific needs, and the level of support from live people is so refreshing I. This age of AI and automated everything often makes getting help a challenge and takes great chunks of time. Not with this product!

Pros

The support team from Doorloop is the very best in the business. They are always there, even when they are closed! I am impressed beyond words at how fast, friendly and smart they are. If you are working on an issue at 10 at night, you will have help by the next morning. If you wish you could do something beyond the software’s capacity, they will review the thought and if feasible the programmers get on it, and you’ve got it. They help correct your mistakes too, so the boss doesn’t see your stupidity!

Cons

Sometimes I get confused about where a certain feature can be found and I have to mess around. I think that is me, not the program. Some features I use more than others so it is just from a learning curve.

Reasons for choosing DoorLoop

Personal support and outside references

ali

August 2022

Beat QB and few other PM software that i already tried

It has been an absolute pleasure and amazing customer service, good customer service means nothing if the product is a no go but with these guys its best of both worlds.

Pros

It has been an absolute pleasure working with DL. Very well thought off software. The accounting modual definitely beat QB and I am a heavy user of QB. Having everything in one place make it very easy to manage the accounting aspect of PM but also other type of work that I do. I am currently using this software for some of my loan management for example and I cant wait until they open up the API and allow for some customizations because at the point this can even replace my CRM

Cons

Need open API's pleasse and intergrations, also the ability to customize some of the fields. For example would be amazing if we can rename some of the tabs. One last thing, please allow us to upload an attachment to payments it just seems like an easy fix

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

site speed and countless other issues. Accounting in particular.

Response from DoorLoop

Thank you so much, Ali! We are so happy to hear that our full-scale accounting features have been a great resource for you. As far as API goes, DoorLoop does have an open API as well as an integration with Zapier that helps you integrate with hundreds of other platforms. When it comes to attachments, you are able to upload those within DoorLoop! For more specific instructions on how that applies to payments, definitely reach out to our support via chat, email, or phone. Customizability is super important to us, so we will pass your suggestion along to our dev team and add it to our roadmap. Thank you again!

Replied August 2022