All DoorLoop Reviews

Csilla

1 employee

Used unspecified

Reviewed January 2024

Doorloop Is The Leader In Property Management.

Irving

Reviewed November 2020

The easiest and most affordable

PROS

Definitely the ease of use. Our last software took us months to figure out, and cost a fortune for training. After a few painful years, we finally made the switch because they didn't have certain features we wanted that doorloop offered. To say the software is easy to use is an understatement. We only needed two training sessions (an hour each), and felt like we were proficient enough to get going. What took months before, not only took a matter of days. It definitely took the pain out of migration and training.

CONS

I'm still waiting for the Zapier integration to be fully connected with all the apps so we can start doing some automation with our other programs.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

The cost and ease of use

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Because I felt like we had to be accountants to use the software. It took 45 minutes to reach tech support which simply wasn't acceptable when we have a growing business to run.

Phillip

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Would recommend DoorLoop

PROS

Ease of keeping track of Leases and tenants as well as payments on each apartment.

CONS

Honestly don't have anything we have not been able to work through with the help of support.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

didn't have reporting we needed for our accounting and DoorLoop was the cleanest and easiest to navigate through

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

previous software didn't have the needed accounting reporting needed and DoorLoop was easier to navigate.

Nickalaus

Reviewed October 2022

Not Designed for the Accountant at Heart

It is a start up so you are going to get a very start up based experience. Meaning, that you may end up knowing more than the person helping you. I quickly found that after using the product for an hour I knew more about certain parts of the software than the sales rep. I was also a little disappointed that the sales team does not know "Property Management" they are just trying to see you a product. So be prepared to educate on the business to some degree. They are all nice people and they do want to do a good job, they are just in their words "new". I think that in several years they can dominate the market, but they are not there yet. I find that they are responsive and I liked that you communicated by Zoom, it felt more personal.

PROS

Single software to address numerous concerns around managing your real estate. The Customer Service was helpful. It feels fresh and clean and is easy to navigate and requires little learning curve to get going. It gives you a intuitive feel when using the majority of the product.

CONS

Basic Betty is how I felt the product was. So while I was excited that this would be a single software to do it all, I quickly learned that it was just your basic approach to each process they help you manage. So while they can do the majority of what you need in the rental property management space, they are not doing any of it at an expert level. Meaning, you get the entry level for what you are trying to do. The accounting package is okay, but it is not great, you probably want to strongly consider a true accounting software for accounting. They can do more, BUT the name of the game is "work around". I wanted to track specific details for my tenants, like their basic demographic information not an option, told you can just enter random notes in a note pad. Your Google/Apple contacts has the ability to track more information about your tenant that your property management software. That is now where I wanted to be. I want to track expenses at the "Unit" level, they cant not do that they track at the property level, so if you have a single property that has multiple units (Apt Complex, Duplex, Storage Facility) you have to create "properties" for each of these to be able to track expenses for them. Settings are at the Property Level and so you would get the opportunity to change settings for each unit over just changing those setting one time. This can create a lot of work for you if you plan to have larger properties.

Thank you for your review, Nickalaus! We're glad to hear that our clean interface and awesome world-class support team have been great assets to your business. We hear your feedback about accounting and assure you that we are constantly expanding DoorLoop's features based on our users' feedback. You can look forward to even more robust accounting features in the coming months. In addition to that, it's always our goal to offer comprehensive support that gives you the tools you need to succeed. Thank you again for your feedback and for being a part of our family!

Replied October 2022

Lynne

Reviewed November 2023

One Year of DoorLoop

The whole staff has been very pleasant to work with. Having a personal training person has been very appreciated. He has checked on my progress, kept in contact with me and made sure that the transition to DoorLoop went smoothly. I have enjoyed the webinars that I have been able to attend. The information was very helpful. I would recommend DoorLoop to any property owner or manager.

PROS

I have worked with DoorLoop for a year now. I have learned a lot from this program. It keeps excellent track of all of the rents, payments and financials for me. It has eased the management of my rentals. All the updates they have done over the last year have made the whole programs even more efficient.

CONS

Very few things that I don't like. I wish units would be separated on the owner monthly report, for ease of identification.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

After working with the DoorLoop trial, I found that it was easier and did more of what my needs required

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Needed a program that would keep better track of all my properties with less individual input from me.

Lynne, Thank you so much for leaving a review, we know that you're busy and your kind words mean so much to us. We'll continue improving the system, and make sure that the product team hears about your request on how we could make DoorLoop even better!

Replied November 2023

Jeffrey

Reviewed January 2024

Polished and pretty, yet useful.

It's been up and down. Coming from appfolio, the transition wasn't the best... but it wasn't exactly any one person's fault. Our entire database wasn't exactly "ready" for the whole transition. It was underestimated.

PROS

How much detail is shown about leases, and options within tenant pages.

CONS

The lengthy animations of dialog boxes sliding and moving, as well as the inability to press enter, or space to be recognized as a basic left click for whatever box is selected.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

We hope that DoorLoop continues to meet our needs. We still have a couple of needs yet to be met, but that's more on the accounting side, and I, personally don't work very much on that side of things.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

An absolute lack of verbal for face to face support. ALL support was through service tickets and it was impossible to speak to someone for assistance.

Aleya

Would recommend!

Excellent. Have recommended to friends and will continue to do so. Thank you, DoorLoop! You've really helped me to manage my properties and create a better communication flow between me, my maintenance team and my tenants.

PROS

Customer service is my #1. They exceeded my expectations. The program itself is easy to use and when I have questions, they're there to help me!

CONS

Though the program is very user friendly, but they still have some kinks to work out here and there that require some searching for answers, but they're always happy to submit a ticket on my behalf of a request to improve the program (if an answer doesn't exist already).

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

AppFolio wouldn't accept me because they said I was too small. They weren't friendly. RentRedi... their base price looks good but they don't have as many features as DoorLoop and they wanted me to purchase another program that linked to their program for accounting. When setting up tenant profiles, if I made a mistake I'd have to create a whole new thing instead of being able to edit. DoorLoop is fantastic and they have excellent customer service. They don't disappoint.

Briana

Reviewed February 2024

Doorloop Review

PROS

I love how intuitive it is. Not complicated like lots of the other software we've used in the past. By far the best feature is the customer service. I wish the call in feature was still active. That was vital when getting things set up and extremely helpful when experiencing problems that need a "right now" solution. The call in feature allowed you to deal with issues in the moment which I've found to be extremely vital.

CONS

Some of the features that have not been fully developed yet. CAM rec would be one that I would love to see asap. Also, would love to see the call in customer service reenacted. I know it has to be a time suck on the company end- but I think its one of the features that made doorloop so attractive.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

AppFolio was much harder to use at the time.

Junior

Reviewed January 2024

Great software with outstanding customer service

PROS

Ability to speak with someone in customer support and customization.

CONS

Features are still being developed. The team has done a great job at prioritizing new features and bug fixes.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

Good reviews and good onboarding support.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

The software became stagnant due to lack of development.

Savannah

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Review from an Early Adopter

Great experience. 10/10 would recommend

PROS

Every time I have reached out to a customer service rep for help, they are always timely, helpful, and have implemented some of my suggestions in their updates.

CONS

It may be my internet connection but at home and my office, it is slow to pull up. It has definitely increased in speed since I first got it.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Needed to see full transition history on statements when printed.

Thanks Door Loop!

I would recommend DoorLoop to any property management company. It gets the job done and the technically support staff is there when you need them.

PROS

The service. The staff responds quickly and is very helpful.

CONS

The set up took longer to get the Chart of Accounts like I wanted them to appear in the financial statements. I had some problems with the General Ledger report when a new version was created, but the staff had it taken care of by my next reporting period. The rental roll is in real time so making a report to reconcile a detail Accounts Receivable to the General Ledger balance for the end of the previous month impossible. It might work it you remember to do it on the last day of the month. I have to use an excel spreadsheet to get that done.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

The price was considerably less and the product still provided me with the full general ledger accounting system and the reports that I needed.

Aaron

Reviewed September 2022

Great Value, Fresh Look to Property Management, Missing Mid-Term Market

We are a small real estate investment business that is growing. We needed to move away from the manual and paper way of doing business to expand and provide a better solution for our tenants. DoorLoop hits the mark to get make that transition and get started.

PROS

The UI is very intuitive and the features cover most of the necessary aspects of owning and managing a rental property.

CONS

Communication with the tenants. I like the ability to make announcements, but it would be even better to have threaded discussions with the tenants where the communication can be tracked and referenced later. The other piece that is missing is connecting with Furnished Finders [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for posting rentals and managing communication. The mid-term furnished rental market is not being served by any property management software. We require a blend between short-term and long-term features. Everyone is going after short-term (AirBNB) and long-term. There is a huge market for this and a giant void.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

Great value. I could tell it was a new thoughtful UX approach to property management. The features were priced right and are the right ones.

Hi, Aaron - thank you so much for your review! It's so great to hear that DoorLoop's intuitive interface and features have been assets to your business. We definitely hear your constructive feedback. We're thrilled to have recently announced that DoorLoop has raised $20M in Series A funding, which will enable us to further develop our product roadmap and expand the portfolio types we're able to support. You are correct that all announcements are logged. On top of that, logs are automatically kept of all tenant requests and any communication that happens within them. Communication features are extremely important to us, and we look forward to continuing to expand the ones found within our software, especially with the newly expanded array of resources at our disposal. Thank you so much for being a part of the Looper family, and we can't wait to keep growing with you!

Replied September 2022

Csilla

Reviewed September 2023

Excellent Property Management Toolkit

I've been using DoorLoop for three months - the onboarding was well supported, and so far it's been an amazing experience. I can manage all aspects of property management - maintenance, leasing, accounting, marketing, file management. I'm really happy with DoorLoop!

PROS

My favorite thing about DoorLoop is that it's extremely user friendly and transparent, easy to navigate, while it has tons and tons of features. Whoever did the architecture part on this, did an amazing job. It's well built, fast, robust. It has everything a property manager could ever need: lease tracking, accounting, storing files, communication with tenants and vendors (and owners if you're managing third party properties). You can even link it up with your bank account for real time reconciliation. It has third party partners for insurance, for lease marketing, payment processing - whoever designed this knew exactly what a property manager would find useful. Onboarding was a breeze - there is live help, my questions are expertly and efficiently answered within hours (sometimes minutes). I feel like I have a team at my hand at all times. I was on Rent Manager before (as a landlord), and I couldn't wait to leave that platform. I was researching various options, and DoorLoop was by far the best from the get go. I'm so so glad I made the move.

CONS

There's not a lot I don't like so far. It will take some time for me to fully grasp and see through all the capabilities, but that's more of a plus than a minus.

Reason for choosing DoorLoop

I found that the DoorLoop system offered everything I needed (and more) in a well organised and easy to use way. It feels like there's an extremely robust system that is somehow easy to use and easy to learn. While cost wise the alternative might have been somewhat cheaper, the extra features AND the well designed user interface makes this the perfect choice for me as an owner/property manager.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

I was an owner user of Rent Manager. I found it to be not user-friendly at all: a very slow system, very little customisation, the reporting wasn't organised at all. If I wanted to see what one property was doing financially, i had to pull a report. In DoorLoop I just go into that unit and every piece of information is right in front of me. Part of it is the visual: I feel like Rent Manager didn't take advantage of software architecture/customisation opportunities, they just built an online system based on what previously was done on paper. DoorLoop is designed with the user in mind from ground up.

Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Baldwin Park Review

We're new in the game of real estate but we have two apartment complexes and 140 units. This makes managing them very easy for first timers. I do believe the price is a little high compared to other programs, but we find doorloop worth it.

PROS

The ease of use between multiple bank accounts is a lovely feature. Tracking expenses and i love the reports we can get from a click of the button, like the rent roll.

CONS

weve been wanting p2p direct messaging between us and a tenants on doorloop like some competitors have.

same reasons above

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Doorloop functionality and navigation is much better. TC is not good when you have multiple bank accounts for accounting purposes.

Jess

Reviewed October 2023

Easy to use and Navigate

PROS

What I enjoy most about DoorLoop is the clean, easy to use software. I made the switch from another platform and DoorLoop has all the same features but in an easier to use application that looks clean and is simple to navigate. The flexible pricing options are wonderful as well, it made it great for when I was just starting out I could have a great software without paying a high monthly rate for one or two doors.

CONS

I haven't found anything at the moment that I don't like or would change with DoorLoop

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

The pricing was more affordable and the navigation of Doorloop has been made so simple and clean. I love getting new properties set up

Reviewed January 2023

A+++ Highly Recommend

well im staying with them... if i didn't like it I wouldn't be staying!!

PROS

I most importantly love the customer service. if you have an issue you cant figure out you hop on to the chat and they help you. if it is a more complex issue you schedule a zoom call and they walk you through it. They help teach you how to do what you need and not just how to bandaid fix it

CONS

they are a new company, still working out some kinks, but they are working them out, its a great platform and has vastly improved over the last year in my opinion.

cost

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

Needed something that was less expensive for tenants to pay online as well as a system that help via automation of simple tasks.

Kaye

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Property Manager Review of Doorloop

Solving having all of our software in one place. Its nice to have doorloop to go to for all of our management needs.

PROS

Product is easy to use overall. The display is nice, looks good and easy for tenants to use overall. I never have trouble finding what I need in the system

CONS

Sometimes the app is not accurate, or the search bars dont work in certain tabs of doorloop. Sometimes tenants say that they arent recieving notifications from announcements as well. Also would like character count to go up.

Reasons for switching to DoorLoop

We needed something to cater to our increase of units we manage

Mari