All Eleo Reviews

christina

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Easy and intuitive!

Eleo is an easy to use system that allows me to track and monitor my donors. When I have needed help, the support I have gotten through email and phone has been quick and effective. I highly recommend eleo!

PROS

Eleo makes sense. I run a small non-profit, with no special fundraising staff, and the Eleo software ease-of-use makes it extremely valuable to me. I don't have the time needed to become an expert on the huge platforms, and eleo can do just about everything that I need.

CONS

The only issue I have had is with combining multiple gifts from a single donor for a letter. I need to have the gifts listed separately, but I don't think eleo does that.

Carla

Reviewed June 2023

Easy to Use, Full Featured, Inexpensive, and Great Customer Support!

Before Eleo we could not generate monthly thank you receipts, and we had to maintain a separate Excel spreadsheet of newsletter subscribers in order to email them through Mailchimp. Now we have one database that's easily filtered on gifts and donors so we can quickly generate thank you receipts, and email our subscribers. Their customer support team is very knowledgeable, kind, and patient, and also open to suggestions on how they can improve Eleo. We're astonished at how they can provide all of these features at such a reasonable price, and our donor base has been rapidly growing since standing up Eleo - thank you Eleo!

PROS

Eleo is very intuitive and easy to use. Initial set up and onboarding went smoothly with help from their awesome support team. I initially trained our admin, and moving forward, she has been able to figure things out on her own. We use Eleo's easy to create web forms for donating, contacting us, volunteer interest, and to subscribe to our newsletter. We record donations, reconcile them with Quickbooks, generate thank you receipts, and email subscribers through an integration with Mailchimp. We also find it very easy to generate reports on donors and gifts, which we use heavily for grant applications, budget planning, and financial reports. Recently, we used Eleo's event module to plan and organize our annual fundraising gala, and it was the most successful ever!

CONS

I had to do a minor workaround in the event module to organize entree choices.

Reason for choosing Eleo

Eleo was easy to use, and had all of the features we needed at the best price.

Reasons for switching to Eleo

Method was not suitable for donor management. We had to pay exorbitant fees for them to tailor the software for our needs.

Erin

Reviewed December 2018

Efficiently gets the job done

PROS

I love there is documentation of what i need and who i need it from and everyone can see it at any point in time

CONS

It was a little confusing at first to navigate but once you get into the swing of things it gets easier to use

Susan

Reviewed March 2022

Eleo delivers lots of bang for very few bucks (i.e., a great price)!

Support is A+++. Kind, helpful, and knowledgeable. Be sure to take the Inside Eleo webinars to keep improving your ability to get the most out of Eleo. There is so much there! I like that each aspect of donor management (running a campaign, sending it out via email, entering or receiving online donations, and tracking the results) is covered by Eleo. One-Stop Shop!

PROS

Eleo handles all of our donor/constituent database needs. We track all donations, create campaigns, and create and track our fundraising events. We are able to integrate with Constant Contact for digital marketing to our contacts. I really like that you can see all of the Eleo components from the screen and the main Navigation bar. It is easy to see, learn, and understand all of these components.

CONS

Looking forward to additional features to be added, such as letterhead on Thank You letter templates and some report improvements. Eleo is always making improvements and encourages suggestions from users.

Reason for choosing Eleo

The price and functionality. The wonderful customer support.

Reasons for switching to Eleo

A Digital Marketing consultant recommended Eleo to us. We took the free demo, asked lots of questions, and found it to be a cost-effective solution for us.

Bill

Reviewed March 2021

Best bang for your donor's buck

A former volunteer of mine tipped me off to Eleo. Talking with the customer support at Eleo is what convinced me that the move was the right thing for my nonprofit to do. The Eleo team had my database up and running in less than two weeks. This was easily one of the best management decisions I've made this year. It saved me over $3,000 per year and didn't take a PhD in database management to start using it immediately. Do yourself a favor and get yourself an Eleo subscription as soon as possible! You won't regret it!

PROS

Eleo was the solution that I was looking for! Prior to my arrival, my organization had been upsold and contracted into a software that was way overpriced, overly complex to use and had features that our organization would not likely every use. I switched to Eleo within my first three months at The Literacy Council... and it was one of the absolute best decisions that I could have made. Eleo is a breeze to work with! It's value is beyond belief. It's easy to use for my staff. It comes with all of the features that I could ask for in a donor management system... and at a fraction of the cost of my previous provider... and the customer support will knock your socks off! The people at Eleo are kind, friendly and super helpful and supportive. Eleo has saved me thousands of dollars a year and has helped me raise even more than they have saved me. I couldn't endorse this company more if I tried.

CONS

The only con that I have encountered with Eleo so far... is that we didn't get started on it sooner! Especially for a small nonprofit like ours... this feature rich and affordable donor management software is the best that I've come across in over 30 years of working in the nonprofit sector.

Reasons for switching to Eleo

Blackbaud cost a small fortune each year and was exceptionally more difficult to use.

Jamie

Museums and Institutions, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2020

Great Value Product with Excellent Customer Support

I'm finally able to see who my active members are, who has expired, who needs to be contacted, all with a few clicks of a button. We've had a database for years, but the real key to managing a database is to KNOW the data that's held within it. Eleo is helping us get to know our members and contacts more deeply than we did before.

PROS

What attracted our organization most to Eleo is how much bang you can get for your buck. This software has a lot of the same features as larger, more expensive CRM tools, but without the years-long contractual agreements, and with way more affordable pricing for a small/mid-sized non-profit like us. So far, Eleo has really delivered. We finally have a system in place for strategically reaching out to membership and generating the reports we need to analyze our success. I can't wait to see how far we can go with Eleo.

CONS

Integrations with different website platforms is somewhat lacking. For example, embedded forms don't seem to work well with WIX. Also, I'd really like to have membership sign-up forms as an option. However, Eleo's excellent team has helped us find solutions and work-arounds so far for every shortcoming.

Reason for choosing Eleo

No contracts. Flexible pricing based on number of contacts - can grow with us. Included customer support team. AFFORDABLE. Features that we need like the volunteer, credit card, and webforms modules.

Reasons for switching to Eleo

This software was an ancient desktop setup. The reporting functions had long been broken - it was no better than using a Excel spreadsheet. ...Actually, it was worse, because of the great lengths you have to go to even to get an overview of your data. Ouch.

Alhassan

Reviewed July 2021

Eleo allows our 3-man Grants Team function like they're 20 members strong

Out of the 5 different donor management software we use across our organization, Eleo consistently ranks in the top 2 in terms of donor satisfaction with reports and communications from assigned team members. The online resources are also quite comprehensive and shortens our training times for volunteers during peak fundraising seasons.

PROS

The contact management system is really very responsive and comprehensive. Seamless flow of information throughout the system allows for real time updates of the activity history of each contact in our database. This makes it very easy to tailor outreach and relationship-nurturing efforts to each contact.

CONS

The pricing model could be broken down into several more subscription packages that allows more features the higher you go instead of just varying the number of records that can be processed per package type. For campaigns that yield much smaller individual contributions but not necessarily higher overall totals, this can be quite unbalanced.

Reason for choosing Eleo

The pricing was much better that some of the other alternatives

Reasons for switching to Eleo

We kept experimenting with different tools for different campaigns, and Eleo made the cut because their demo sessions were quite instructive and informative.

Kimberly

Reviewed January 2022

Changed the way we work!

We had been using a fundraising database management system that was tied to a computer, not easy to use or customize and cost alot more than eleo. Once we switched to Eleo, we saw an immediate benefit to our fundraising efforts. Now that multiple staff members could access and input information from any location, it increased our ability to connect with and retain donors. With the increased use of remote work, it has increased our productivity and ability to continue to work as a team. We love the easy to use reports and the different ways to access help (videos, guides and resources - there is even a glossary!) I wish we would have switched long ago!

PROS

Ease of use, ability to access from any computer or phone, cost savings, ability to customize, informative dashboard, built in reports

CONS

no drawback that I can think of

cost

Reasons for switching to Eleo

cost savings drove the decision, but the features and ease of use sealed the deal

Joan

Museums and Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

I Highly Recommend Eleo

We had another donor management program that met our needs for years, until they decided to "simplify", and then they weren't meeting our needs. Our consultant said many of their customers were using Eleo, so we decided to take the plunge. Onboarding was easy once I got my end set up, and it's been pretty intuitive to use. The library has been amazing. The only problem with it is keeping up with, say, PayPal's upgrades changing menu locations. No one can keep up with all that instantly. Again, friendly customer service saves the day!

PROS

What I like most about Eleo is the customer service. Face it, nothing is perfect. But when I run into any issue, I know I can call and a friendly voice will be on the line in moments to help me figure it out with a great attitude. And if they can't figure it out, they get a tech on the line right away. Also, the Home page is great for the bosses, they can get a fast, comprehensive picture of where we stand.

CONS

There have been a couple of issues here and there, but nothing that makes our organizaions grind to a halt. And I'm confident that my suggestions have been added to the list.

Reasons for switching to Eleo

They simplified, no longer meeting our needs. Plus, their customer service was by email only, and that can make a simple issue take a week to solve.

Melody

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Thanks for helping us!

PROS

Price was affordable. Also - it's super easy to use for staff and volunteers.

CONS

Had to call customer service to understand how to create labels for the annual appeal mailing. But they were able to answer my questions quickly and labels printed great!

Reason for choosing Eleo

Price. Also, I met Eleo at the New Jersey Conference for Nonprofits - they were able to give me a demo of the product right there!

Reasons for switching to Eleo

Previous software was not cloud-based

Bea

Reviewed August 2023

Eleo - Just the Best

Simply sensational. Customer service is everything to me. And the Eleo team - from sales to support - has been supportive, caring, and dedicated to solving any issues I might have encountered.

PROS

I have been in fundraising more than 30 years and have used a variety of data base management programs. I have acquire "Professional User" status in one premier system and consider myself an expert on donor database management. I began using Eleo when I accepted this position and was immediately impressed with the ease with which I was able to learn the system, the basic functionalities and the interrelationships of the modules within the database. But far more importantly, Eleo is supported by a team of expert, caring professionals who go out of their way to help the User deal with issues, find solutions, and manage their data in the best possible manner to effectively execute fundraising plans. Every member of the Eleo support team has been fantastic, courteous, and helpful! Also, Eleo also offers webinars to assist their clients improve their fundraising skills and subsequently fundraising goals!

CONS

Every database has its limitations, but Eleo's team has worked diligently to assist me overcome any type of obstacle or data tracking impediment I might have encountered - even historical data issues. If anything, I would love to see the Tasks module broadened for increased use of tracking actions and next steps.

Reason for choosing Eleo

Ease of use and cost-effective.

Jerome

Reviewed July 2022

Great Value Great Product

Nothing but positive, easy to use and support is easy and friendly.

PROS

Eleo was easy to implement and use daily. Your daily tasks such as gift entry, thank you letters, reports, and list creation is complete with a few clicks.

CONS

A have nothing negative to say. It works well for us!

Reason for choosing Eleo

Price, customer service, ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Eleo

Price, customer services, ease of use.

Beth

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2018

Eleo has been exceptionally functional and helpful with our transition away from spread sheets.

Easily solicit LYBUNTs for end of year solicitations Integration for online donations Customer support for all questions

PROS

Customer support!! I am so delighted to talk to a real person when I have a problem. They are always quick to solve things. They also take our suggestions and try to incorporate new tools into the database as they make sense for organizations like ours. Ease of use- I have used and implemented 4 other databases at various non profits and this has been the easiest getting started with and training other individuals on. Functionality- We are able to track donors and pull useful reports. Integration- We are able to make custom webforms easily and targeted to specific uses.

CONS

Emailing using the database. I love that I am always able to track back what I sent out using the database but standard email products have so much more flexibility and versatility. I know that ELEO is always looking to improve functionality.

Beth

Reviewed March 2020

Best Product and 5 Star Customer Service

We love dealing with the people at ELEO!

PROS

ELEO Online Donor Management is the best. It has enabled us to find numerous volunteers for our organization. It is easy to create links that are easily added to emails, Facebook and our website to help us collect and document our donations, not to mention having reports available at a moments notice.We love being able to make notes about donors to help us remember relationships and other crucial bits of information. But the best thing is the Customer Service! They are always knowledgeable and answer the phones with smiles on. They are always able to help me to answer any questions that I might have.

CONS

There is nothing I can think of. I do, however, know the people there are constantly working to make ELEO better every day.

Daun

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Eleo was the answer to many prayers

PROS

I love that Eleo is all inclusive. Their payment play is not based on how much you use it but how many contacts you have. Even though we fit in the lowest price point we still get all the amazing features. Plus Eleo is constantly sending out information on how to use their program. Its almost as if it is unlocking new features every month. It general Eleo is very user friendly and intuitive.

CONS

My one complaint if I had to have one is that couples are only listed by one person's name and then the other is listed as a spouse. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are listed as [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and spouse [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. You can search [SENSITIVE CONTENT] profile will appear, but you won't see [SENSITIVE CONTENT] name until you open the donor profile.

Reason for choosing Eleo

Number one reason customer service and Eleo would grow with us while not costing us a small fortune.

Reasons for switching to Eleo

We had bought fundraiser basic 22 years ago and it was time to upgrade. We needed something that would grow with us.

Reviewed March 2018

Great software at a great price. We can now easily access our data for the information we need.

PROS

Easy to use for entry and it is organized in a way that makes sense. We have donors and members. We can easily see where each stands and process new members and renewals. Easy to create letters and integrate for email communication. Provides lots of reports and each report can be filtered for what one needs. Customer support is friendly and efficient.

CONS

The software does what it is suppose to. It would be nice if I could have a software at this price that included my website, email, accounting system but I know that is not realistic.

Ivy