What are Eleo users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Eleo software through verified user reviews

• icon"Love that it is easy to set up, to integrate with previous software data, and it is reasonably priced for my small organization."
  • icon"Customer support has been fantastic, and they are very willing to hear ideas for improvement."
  • icon"Easy to use, easy to navigate. Working with CSS and their system has been a tremendous help to our organization."
  • icon"Struggled with Braintree and trying to use that with gala options."
  • icon"There has been only one instance where I found it difficult to organize a list."
  • icon"When you first log on, there is so much that one may feel overwhelmed and confused."

Browse all Eleo Reviews

• Have you used Eleo and would like to share your experience with others?

Bill

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Best bang for your donor's buck

Rachael

Eleo has been wonderful!

We have really enjoyed it!

Pros

Eleo is really easy to use and the customer service is amazing! And you just can't beat the price!

Cons

The look is a little dated and some of the categorizing of things is not entirely intuitive.

Reasons for switching to Eleo

Salesforce was too big and cumbersome for our small organization.

Susan

March 2022

Eleo delivers lots of bang for very few bucks (i.e., a great price)!

Support is A+++. Kind, helpful, and knowledgeable. Be sure to take the Inside Eleo webinars to keep improving your ability to get the most out of Eleo. There is so much there! I like that each aspect of donor management (running a campaign, sending it out via email, entering or receiving online donations, and tracking the results) is covered by Eleo. One-Stop Shop!

Pros

Eleo handles all of our donor/constituent database needs. We track all donations, create campaigns, and create and track our fundraising events. We are able to integrate with Constant Contact for digital marketing to our contacts. I really like that you can see all of the Eleo components from the screen and the main Navigation bar. It is easy to see, learn, and understand all of these components.

Cons

Looking forward to additional features to be added, such as letterhead on Thank You letter templates and some report improvements. Eleo is always making improvements and encourages suggestions from users.

Reasons for choosing Eleo

The price and functionality. The wonderful customer support.

Reasons for switching to Eleo

A Digital Marketing consultant recommended Eleo to us. We took the free demo, asked lots of questions, and found it to be a cost-effective solution for us.

Brandon

Limited but happy user

Pros

The flexibility in creating reports and other options.

Cons

From the limited features that I used, I don't have any negatives to mention.

Catherine

April 2022

Very happy with ELEO

As a smaller non-profit, we needed a CRM that was user-friendly and did not require a degree in computer science. The software program we moved from started making decisions about software and more importantly payment processing systems that simply did not work for our smaller organization. Even though we had to make a transition to ELEO, it has been very beneficial due to the simplicity of the software and the support included.

Pros

As a smaller nonprofit, we moved from a more expensive CRM to ELEO, which has saved our foundation a significant amount of money over the past few years. Despite being less expensive than our former CRM, all of our needs have been met and the software is easy to use. One area that is most impressive is the responsiveness of the support team. ELEO helped us with our transition that went very smoothly, and they continue to offer prompt and helpful solutions to any questions we may have. We are very happy with our decision to move to ELEO!

Cons

I would like to be able to copy event forms from year to year, but I have been told that is a new feature they are working on.

Alhassan

Eleo allows our 3-man Grants Team function like they're 20 members strong

Out of the 5 different donor management software we use across our organization, Eleo consistently ranks in the top 2 in terms of donor satisfaction with reports and communications from assigned team members. The online resources are also quite comprehensive and shortens our training times for volunteers during peak fundraising seasons.

Pros

The contact management system is really very responsive and comprehensive. Seamless flow of information throughout the system allows for real time updates of the activity history of each contact in our database. This makes it very easy to tailor outreach and relationship-nurturing efforts to each contact.

Cons

The pricing model could be broken down into several more subscription packages that allows more features the higher you go instead of just varying the number of records that can be processed per package type. For campaigns that yield much smaller individual contributions but not necessarily higher overall totals, this can be quite unbalanced.

Reasons for choosing Eleo

The pricing was much better that some of the other alternatives

Reasons for switching to Eleo

We kept experimenting with different tools for different campaigns, and Eleo made the cut because their demo sessions were quite instructive and informative.

Ivy

May 2022

Great Quality at Reasonable Price

I have been extremely pleased with Eleo's functionality and the level of customer service that the company provides. Their representatives are courteous, knowledgeable and friendly.

Pros

Eleo is easy to use, easy to learn, and easy to integrate with your communications and finance functions. It is always hard to train staff to use new software and to use it effectively, but Eleo's ease of use makes navigating through the program a piece of cake.

Cons

It would be great if Eleo could integrate with additional merchant services. I'd also like to see more defined user roles- ie- for those organizations who use Eleo for grant tracking it would be great to be able to limit users to viewing only the grants they track.

Reasons for choosing Eleo

While the functionality of Eleo can't be beat for small to mid-size nonprofits, the price for the service is a huge plus.

Diane

Industry: Music

March 2022

Ease of use and live support

Our donor retention has increased. very quick process to send donor acknowledgements.

Pros

The software is intuitive, not a huge learning curve which is a plus. The best thing about ELEO is that I can call support and speak to a live person.

Cons

We would like to integrate with our desktop QuickBooks program.

Live phone help.

Maggie

April 2022

More Features than Most Small to Midsize Nonprofits will Use - Great Value

I have been recommending ELEO to my small to midsize clients for over five years. Those who chose to sign up with ELEO are still customers. They have been happy with the features provided and the cost.

Pros

Eleo's team makes the onboarding process very easy. If you take the time to clean up your data and put good information into ELEO you will be able to manage and use the information to grow your nonprofit. ELEO has modules included for free.

Cons

The dashboard is not as slick looking as other software - but it does not effect the performance.

Reasons for choosing Eleo

The ELEO people, the features and price.

J Stuart

March 2022

Eleo is a great resource for smaller and newer non-profits

Once we had our data loaded from our previous software group, it was straightforward to go in and customize reports and data. The customer service we have had to utilize has been beneficial in presenting options and solutions. As we are growing our operations, we find that we are also starting to use other functions within the program to assist us with efficiency.

Pros

The transition from our previous software was quick and easy. First, I did not worry about losing information with Eleo. Second, there are not many features provided that we would never use.

Cons

I have not found any part of the system that I do not think works well.

Price and functionality.

Trent

May 2022

Best Customer Experience I've ever had!

Pros

I've worked in the non-profit industry for 10 years. ELEO has the BEST customer service and the platform is easy to use. Never have I been left on hold for hours or waited for a reply for days. I wish I had known about this platform years ago.

Cons

I hear ELEO is working/discussing a mobile application in order to see donors and gifts while on the go. That is a feature I would love to have.

Eleo Online for Small Nonprofit

I'm new to donor management software and using Eleo is helping me to think through how I can make best use of the platform. The staff, support team, and trainers with Eleo are very good, excellent.

Pros

Eleo is attractive for a small nonprofit that I run. The system was easy to set up and the interface is intuitive. I've been using it mostly for event management. I like the simple integration with MailChimp. The training, support, and online resources are outstanding.

Cons

I would like to see a capability added to copy event registration forms.

Reasons for choosing Eleo

The decision was a close call. Eleo is located near my organization and several of their clients are involved with work similar to the mission of my organization. I am very happy with my decision.

Bill

Best bang for your donor's buck

A former volunteer of mine tipped me off to Eleo. Talking with the customer support at Eleo is what convinced me that the move was the right thing for my nonprofit to do. The Eleo team had my database up and running in less than two weeks. This was easily one of the best management decisions I've made this year. It saved me over $3,000 per year and didn't take a PhD in database management to start using it immediately. Do yourself a favor and get yourself an Eleo subscription as soon as possible! You won't regret it!

Pros

Eleo was the solution that I was looking for! Prior to my arrival, my organization had been upsold and contracted into a software that was way overpriced, overly complex to use and had features that our organization would not likely every use. I switched to Eleo within my first three months at The Literacy Council... and it was one of the absolute best decisions that I could have made. Eleo is a breeze to work with! It's value is beyond belief. It's easy to use for my staff. It comes with all of the features that I could ask for in a donor management system... and at a fraction of the cost of my previous provider... and the customer support will knock your socks off! The people at Eleo are kind, friendly and super helpful and supportive. Eleo has saved me thousands of dollars a year and has helped me raise even more than they have saved me. I couldn't endorse this company more if I tried.

Cons

The only con that I have encountered with Eleo so far... is that we didn't get started on it sooner! Especially for a small nonprofit like ours... this feature rich and affordable donor management software is the best that I've come across in over 30 years of working in the nonprofit sector.

Reasons for switching to Eleo

Blackbaud cost a small fortune each year and was exceptionally more difficult to use.

Jamie

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Great Value Product with Excellent Customer Support

I'm finally able to see who my active members are, who has expired, who needs to be contacted, all with a few clicks of a button. We've had a database for years, but the real key to managing a database is to KNOW the data that's held within it. Eleo is helping us get to know our members and contacts more deeply than we did before.

Pros

What attracted our organization most to Eleo is how much bang you can get for your buck. This software has a lot of the same features as larger, more expensive CRM tools, but without the years-long contractual agreements, and with way more affordable pricing for a small/mid-sized non-profit like us. So far, Eleo has really delivered. We finally have a system in place for strategically reaching out to membership and generating the reports we need to analyze our success. I can't wait to see how far we can go with Eleo.

Cons

Integrations with different website platforms is somewhat lacking. For example, embedded forms don't seem to work well with WIX. Also, I'd really like to have membership sign-up forms as an option. However, Eleo's excellent team has helped us find solutions and work-arounds so far for every shortcoming.

Reasons for choosing Eleo

No contracts. Flexible pricing based on number of contacts - can grow with us. Included customer support team. AFFORDABLE. Features that we need like the volunteer, credit card, and webforms modules.

Reasons for switching to Eleo

This software was an ancient desktop setup. The reporting functions had long been broken - it was no better than using a Excel spreadsheet. ...Actually, it was worse, because of the great lengths you have to go to even to get an overview of your data. Ouch.

Kimberly

Changed the way we work!

We had been using a fundraising database management system that was tied to a computer, not easy to use or customize and cost alot more than eleo. Once we switched to Eleo, we saw an immediate benefit to our fundraising efforts. Now that multiple staff members could access and input information from any location, it increased our ability to connect with and retain donors. With the increased use of remote work, it has increased our productivity and ability to continue to work as a team. We love the easy to use reports and the different ways to access help (videos, guides and resources - there is even a glossary!) I wish we would have switched long ago!

Pros

Ease of use, ability to access from any computer or phone, cost savings, ability to customize, informative dashboard, built in reports

Cons

no drawback that I can think of

cost

Reasons for switching to Eleo

cost savings drove the decision, but the features and ease of use sealed the deal

Joan

Industry: Museums and Institutions

I Highly Recommend Eleo

We had another donor management program that met our needs for years, until they decided to "simplify", and then they weren't meeting our needs. Our consultant said many of their customers were using Eleo, so we decided to take the plunge. Onboarding was easy once I got my end set up, and it's been pretty intuitive to use. The library has been amazing. The only problem with it is keeping up with, say, PayPal's upgrades changing menu locations. No one can keep up with all that instantly. Again, friendly customer service saves the day!

Pros

What I like most about Eleo is the customer service. Face it, nothing is perfect. But when I run into any issue, I know I can call and a friendly voice will be on the line in moments to help me figure it out with a great attitude. And if they can't figure it out, they get a tech on the line right away. Also, the Home page is great for the bosses, they can get a fast, comprehensive picture of where we stand.

Cons

There have been a couple of issues here and there, but nothing that makes our organizaions grind to a halt. And I'm confident that my suggestions have been added to the list.

Reasons for switching to Eleo

They simplified, no longer meeting our needs. Plus, their customer service was by email only, and that can make a simple issue take a week to solve.

Marsha

Excellence!

We have been able to provide updated and real time reporting to both customers and funders. The software also allows us to ensure fairness in our job selection and placement processes as well as provides us with amazing payroll results and supports. As an agency we rely on the software and the providers over at CSS to make us successful and to date they have not disappointed.

Pros

The software has amazing usability and runs awesome reports. The ease in customizing it based on our needs makes it ones that makes it #1 in line with other competitors. We truly have no idea what we'd do without it.

Cons

We have no issues or complaints with the software.

Reasons for choosing Eleo

Customization, amazing customer service, usability, reporting, on site assistance if needed

Melody

Thanks for helping us!

Pros

Price was affordable. Also - it's super easy to use for staff and volunteers.

Cons

Had to call customer service to understand how to create labels for the annual appeal mailing. But they were able to answer my questions quickly and labels printed great!

Reasons for choosing Eleo

Price. Also, I met Eleo at the New Jersey Conference for Nonprofits - they were able to give me a demo of the product right there!

Reasons for switching to Eleo

Previous software was not cloud-based

Penny

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Thanks to Eleo, we are organized!

For twenty years our organization got by with incomplete spreadsheets and scattered files before finally moving all of our donor records to Eleo. Even tiny organizations need Eleo! We can now track trends in giving. We can send email and personalized printed letters with ease. Our tech-adverse founders now see the value of a donor management system, and Eleo was the user-friendly vehicle that took them there. Eleo's customer service is the key: our questions and concerns are answered almost immediately through a personal email or phone call. We definitely recommend Eleo!

Pros

As a very small local nonprofit, we needed donor management software that was easy for 1-2 people to administer. We needed something efficient and easy to learn at an affordable price. Eleo was the answer. The stellar customer service and training is personal and fast. Database entry is intuitive and data is easy to manage. We especially like the customizable webforms (contact, donation) that easily integrate into the databases. We seamlessly correlated our Braintree and MailChimp accounts with Eleo. Eleo is perfect for tiny organizations like ours. We have a robust management system with a price we can afford.

Cons

There is one feature I hope Eleo will be able to add someday. I would like to be able to create videoclips to send to donors through Eleo. Just the ability to upload videoclips to Eleo would be a nice feature.

Price, ease of use

Kristen

A great solution at a low cost

Overall, I think this is a great solution for the price. There are a great deal of user-friendly features to this platform, and they are willing to consider customer feedback for continued growth.

Pros

I come from a Raiser's Edge background and that was definitely not affordable for the company I am with now. This software is easy to use, and has *most* of the features I need. The integration with online giving and event registration pages is good, though a bit awkward to process. Many of the features are great, including the functionality of sending acknowledgements, receipts, tracking donor information, and allowing for customization of campaigns. Integration of online giving with Braintree has been complicated and credit card scammers have been able to make successful transactions. Eleo is looking at building in a reCaptcha. Customer support has been fantastic, and they are very willing to hear ideas for improvement.

Cons

I miss the query and reporting of Raiser's Edge. There is the ability to build customized reports, but they do not format in the nice, presentable formats of their regular reports. Mailing list-building is awkward.

Cost, User-friendliness, customer support

Blackbaud CRM

Cost, Complexity

Kaleitha

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A great CRM system!

The Eleo support staff is responsive, patient, and knowledgeable throughout the data migration process and beyond. They are always available to answer any questions and direct us to further resources or free personal training sessions if necessary. Eleo also offers occasional webinars to break down various aspects of the system. These Inside Eleo webinars are invaluable with clear and easy to follow presenters and information. The sessions are recorded which makes it great for revisiting when needed.

Pros

The system is very easy to navigate and use. It encompasses all the types of data that we were looking to manage, including donors, gifts, grants, events, volunteers, and members. The migration process was simple and overseen by an Eleo support person at no cost. This person was very attentive and patient along the way as we prepared our data for import. The system is easy to customize to fit the needs of our agency and we have added several fields to capture exactly the data that we want. The company is also open to suggestions for features we would like to see added to the system.

Cons

So far we have found nothing that we dislike. We are still fairly new to the system.

Reasons for choosing Eleo

The Eleo system seemed to host the greatest number of records for the best price while still offering all the aspects we were looking for in a system (grants, gifts, events, etc.). It integrates with other software we use such as PayPal, QuickBooks, and MailChimp. Eleo also offered an Opportunity Grant to allow more non-profits access to donor management systems. This really spoke to us and seemed very much in line with the work we do in the community.

Beth

Eleo has been exceptionally functional and helpful with our transition away from spread sheets.

Easily solicit LYBUNTs for end of year solicitations Integration for online donations Customer support for all questions

Pros

Customer support!! I am so delighted to talk to a real person when I have a problem. They are always quick to solve things. They also take our suggestions and try to incorporate new tools into the database as they make sense for organizations like ours. Ease of use- I have used and implemented 4 other databases at various non profits and this has been the easiest getting started with and training other individuals on. Functionality- We are able to track donors and pull useful reports. Integration- We are able to make custom webforms easily and targeted to specific uses.

Cons

Emailing using the database. I love that I am always able to track back what I sent out using the database but standard email products have so much more flexibility and versatility. I know that ELEO is always looking to improve functionality.

Tara

Eleo is the best fit for our mid-size NPO

The support team at Eleo is the best in the business and this is a main reason why I recommend the software. It is not as graphically advanced as some other software but it provides exactly what I need and if I can't figure something out someone is ALWAYS available to assist me. This is the number one reason I trust and recommend Eleo!

Pros

Eleo is exactly what I need to build out the development program for our NPO. The features available are in line with more expensive software and provide the same results.

Cons

Event registration continues to improve and their web form is on the schedule for a major upgrade so these two pain points are on the way to being remedied. The team at Eleo listens to client feedback and make real improvements based on our input.

DonorPerfect

Reasons for choosing Eleo

Support and software evolution ...

Reasons for switching to Eleo

needed a better solution for a small/mid NPO

Carolee

Eleo is flexible and feature-rich, an incredible value, and the support team is top-notch.

Highly improved, more efficient and accurate data capture; reduced data management redundancies; better dashboard control over donations, fundraising and grants; easy data filtering and reporting to meet a variety of existing and emerging business purposes.

Pros

The software is easy to use to support data capture and reporting according to our organization's specific needs. The filtering and sorting aspects of Eleo let us easily work with different segments of our population of supporters, from individual to corporate donors, to event sponsors, to grant-makers...and more. Eleo works very well at a great price for our donations/donors and fundraising operations. The relatively new grants module adds unparalleled value to the Eleo software. The support team is professional, responsive, skilled, responsive and pleasant to work with. The overall value is outstanding.

Cons

Eleo is so function- and feature-rich that it is was challenging to learn from the general trainings how to use all of it optimally for our unique needs and goals. Nonetheless, the Eleo support team was highly responsive to all of our questions and helped us quickly learn how to use Eleo to best serve our organization's needs.

Beth

Best Product and 5 Star Customer Service

We love dealing with the people at ELEO!

Pros

ELEO Online Donor Management is the best. It has enabled us to find numerous volunteers for our organization. It is easy to create links that are easily added to emails, Facebook and our website to help us collect and document our donations, not to mention having reports available at a moments notice.We love being able to make notes about donors to help us remember relationships and other crucial bits of information. But the best thing is the Customer Service! They are always knowledgeable and answer the phones with smiles on. They are always able to help me to answer any questions that I might have.

Cons

There is nothing I can think of. I do, however, know the people there are constantly working to make ELEO better every day.

Eleo