Funraise Reviews

4.7 / 5 (70) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 1 time in the last 30 days

Browse Funraise Reviews

Drew from Orphan's Promise

The one you've been looking for

Funraise has become a tremendous support system upon which to build our marketing and fundraising efforts. Their teams are friendly and responsive, and they are constantly providing free knowledge and resources which help inform our efforts. The platform is constantly improving as well, with new releases regularly.

Pros

Funraise combines every tool a non-profit organization may need to be successful into one easy-to-use platform, at a reasonable price point. Being able to manage donation forms, email automation, peer-to-peer fundraising and donation data analytics in one place is a welcomed addition to our tool kit and is already paying dividends.

Cons

There's not much to dislike. It's very intuitive and easy to use, even right out of the box. An end-to-end SMS marketing approach would be a nice feature addition that would help enhance donor communication.

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

Funraise provides the most comprehensive solution to address all of our needs. Rather than paying multiple vendors to manage multiple "pieces" of the process, we found Funraise to deliver in all areas, and allow us to become platform experts in one place rather than learning a little about a large number of products. The team is awesome. Our account execs and support team members have been phenomenal. The company leadership is forward thinking and always pushing for the next great version of their product. Highly recommend!

Response from Funraise

Replied July 2020

Drew, as always, we appreciate your "funpraise". We love working with such forward-thinking and invested organizations and look forward to a long relationship with you and your team!

Richard from BLUE Missions

review

It's great - being a small team and at times a 1 man team when it comes to the development side Funraise automates many tasks as well as helps keep us very organized.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and has all features under one roof: event, peer to peer, recurring donors, donation button, social media, texting, and I'm sure I'm even missing other features. The integrations to email marketing, company matching, and wealth screenings are also very simple and easy.

Cons

There are some limitations to bulk action items that could make management easier as well as some manual specific limitations to the text feature.

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

simplicity, price, and a customer service/system rep assigned to you. They are easy to get it touch with and help you with any issue, and are very helpful in helping execute ideas as well. You are definitely not alone in figuring anything out. If your rep doesn't know the direct fix at the moment - they will not jerk you around or buy time, they will be honest with you and find an answer to your questions. It is a joy to work with their team with all our events, donating campaigns, etc. They are definitely part of the team.

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

Having all features under one platform while also having a type of crm usage.

Response from Funraise

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Richard! And the feeling's mutual: We feel like you're one of ours, and we love what BLUE Missions does every day.

Lori from New Directions For Women

Great Customer Service From [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and others

The customer service and patience from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been the best part of it. His help, knowledge and responsiveness is what makes Funraise worth the cost. Another program might have more bells and whistles -- but a young man who responds like he does -- is the bells and whistles.

Pros

As a development professional I appreciate that their is a free version for less experienced people.

Cons

The software seems to not have been designed for experienced Development professionals who want to use the features and events that other platforms like Greater Giving provide. Limited customization, limited buttons, etc. That being said you should design your software to ask the user what are you trying to do and then take them through the steps, IE. Are you holding a gala? Yes. Do you have an auction at your gala YEs....then you build a skeleton platform for them. Why don't you send me emails using your own platform. I set up a page for example? then you send me an email afterwards and on a regular basis that walks me through another feature I can or should be suing. There's just too much to discover on my own.

Response from Funraise

Replied March 2021

Hi Lori, thanks for your feedback! We just want to note that it sounds like you're utilizing a limited set of Funraise features based on your plan, but there's lots more... as you noted. "There's just too much to discover on my own." To help out, we'd love to provide an advanced demo to help you take advantage of everything Funraise has to offer and show you how Funraise is powering international organizations raising millions online. We'll reach out to schedule a call. Thanks again!

Emily from Compassion First

A Wonderful Fundraising Software

Overall, our experience with Funraise has been excellent. We've grown a lot over the past 3+ years and so has Funraise. It has been so great to continually increase our utilization of Funraise as they have added new features and updates, which they do so regularly. One of the most important factors in choosing a platform for me is knowing I will have quality customer support to help me when I run into problems or questions - and Funraise excels with this!

Pros

Funraise works so well with our website and our CRM. Donation forms are easy to create and embed in our website even for those of us who are not web developers, and when a donor gives on that form, the donation automatically is entered into our CRM, Salesforce. Additionally, Funraise offers many other features such as customizable peer-to-peer platforms, automated emails, event ticketing, and more. Their customer support team is excellent and always promptly responds to inquiries and actively helps to solve any problems we have come across.

Cons

The one feature we would really love to have access to but do not would be an online portal system for donors to manage their recurring donations and payment methods.

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

Funraise was the most robust platform that both fit within our budget and integrated with the systems we already had! We loved that we would no longer have to manually enter every donation into our CRM (Salesforce) which was a requirement as we planned to grow our donor base.

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

Funraise integrated seamlessly with all our other platforms, our donation forms looked great on our website and donations were automatically created in our CRM (no more manual entries!) This saved our team so much time especially as we have grown so much since adopting Funraise. Additionally, Funraise allows for easy and intuitive reporting on donations and donors. Anyone on our team can easily find information about our current donors there.

Response from Funraise

Replied March 2021

Thank you so much for the feedback, Emily! It has been a pleasure for our team to see Compassion First grow, and we hope you'll keep wishing for that one feature you're looking for... you may get your wish sooner than you think!

Great platform, lacking quality customer service.

I really enjoy their platform, but I think they need to invest in training their staff how to handle problems better.

Pros

The back end usability is easy and quick to learn. The widget to collect donation directly on our website has been wonderful. The campaign page features have been perfectly suited to our needs.

Cons

The customer service if there's a problem is dreadful. We had tens of thousands of fraudulent charges happening at one point and it took two weeks for them to enable the reCaptcha feature for us to put on our donation form and then another six weeks to remove the charges and donor profiles that were created from each of them. During all of that time they only let me know the state of where things were at if I reached out to them. Each time I was left with no timeline on when the problem would be resolved.

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

We were able to get what we needed and only pay for those features so it priced it within our price point.

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

We were looking for something that offered us more, for a reasonable price.

Response from Funraise

Replied August 2019

We're so glad you love our platform, and we're grateful every day that we get to work with you. Regarding our Customer Success team, we hope you know you've had a positive impact on them and your fellow Funraise customers! The fix that we implemented for you is being used by others, so we thank you for bringing us the issue. Our Customer Success response guidelines have been revamped due to your frustration as we want all our nonprofits to feel empowered and informed. And mostly, we have a renewed sense of purpose when it comes to how our product works every day for real nonprofiteers like you.

Justin from Likewise Worship

A NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE

It's been amazing really! Everything is very professional and secure. When it comes to our financial supporters, we desire the highest quality transaction process and Funraise has gone above and beyond. We loved the CROWDFUNDING feature along with the new FACEBOOK integration. We also love how you can set up separate funding campaigns and easily keep track of the progress.

Pros

We love how user friendly and organized everything is with FUNRAISE! Seriously a "Night and Day" difference between Funraise and our previous software!

Cons

Honestly we have yet to experience anything negative about Funraise.

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

We just loved the features and the customer service!

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

We kept running into problems with the features and processes. Not user friendly at all!

Response from Funraise

Replied December 2020

Thank you for the feedback and encouragement! Our team does our best every day to bring you the best experience and tools possible. Thank you for your support and for the work you do!

Cristol from ANGEL AID CARES

Industry: Mental Health Care

ANGEL AID = Donor LOVE. Funraise = Donor TECH!

Funraise makes us look 'PRO' for major global corporations. We've run global Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) campaigns with donors and volunteers from Microsoft, Amazon, Walt Disney Company, Netflix, Horizon Therapeutics ~ they have high expectations about the user experience and Funraise has never let us down. I never wonder is my DRM will fail us.

Pros

Three things make Funraise the best donor management software on the market: 1) Technology built by nonprofit leadership for nonprofit leaders. As CEO of ANGEL AID, I don't have time to fuss around with technology platforms but we need a mobile-first, scalable solutions to meet our goals. We launched with Funraise and the intuitive interface has made it so easy for our team to grow aggressively. We have used Funraise to build campaign websites, email prospective donors, acknowledge donations, text event details, and (most important) automatically process end-of-year acknowledgement letters with ease. 2) Exceptional Customer Success team. Our donor campaigns benefit from a 1-to-1 reviews with the Funraise Customer Success team. We have had several leads over the past two years, but every interaction is with a positive, encouraging, knowledgable resource who offers the details to make our campaigns more successful. Our current Customer Success Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is exceptional. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is responsive, creative, and thoughtful about user flows ~ ANGEL AID donors have commented on how easy it is to work with us ~ that is one part software and two parts [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! [helping us think through how to use the software]. 3) How To Guides ~ Funraise publishes a steady flow of guides, blogs and recommendations for how to tackle big opportunities (like peer-to-peer, Facebook Fundraisers, Text Campaigns) that we share with our team. Everyone benefits from Funraise. Cristol

Cons

The ticketing function negates the ability for donors to sign-up for recurring donations. That is a miss. Campaigns that have ticketing may galvanize a potential donor who cannot join the event, but want to sponsor an ongoing program... There should be the ability to do recurring donations, even when tickets are the call-to-action.

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

Honestly? The 'Funraise the Musical' video is what drew me in. I knew I wanted to work with a company that 'gets' how hard this work is and how much we all need a little inspiration and FUN in our nonprofit day-to-day. Bring back the video!! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Response from Funraise

Replied December 2020

It's always a pleasure to work with ANGEL AID's teamyour passion shows through in your effort and impact. Thank you for making Funraise better through your suggestions and feedback!

Tracy from The Chick MIssion

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made me believe in a CRM System Again

The sales team especially seem more like friends than people trying to sell me stuff. I especially appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] meeting me on my level and never making me feel as though I am harassing them with my questions because I definitely am.

Pros

As an old, I believed I would be overwhelmed by the technology used to conduct non-profit business through a CRM and a Peer to Peer fundraising site. However, the system and building campaigns was very easy to use and pretty straight forward. When I was unable to figure something out by good old trial and error, the customer success team made sure I understood what I was doing and how to fix anything I needed moving forward. Having all transitions in one place is a great feeling, especially when sending tax forms to donors and organizing new supporters .

Cons

I feel the on boarding system could be a little more macro and less piecemeal .

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

Most in platform plug ins and what we needed for success. Easiest to use and extremely quick customer service.

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

Funraise was next level and way more professional and high end looking.

Response from Funraise

Replied September 2020

Thank you, Tracy! Funraise loves The Chick Mission... there's no other cause we'd jump in freezing-cold water for. Blake and Dani have enjoyed working with you and we hope to see you grow in the years to come.

Fern from Code2040

A Mighty and People Centered Platform

Funraise has allowed our organization to enter a new tech era of online fundraising and given us the tools to elevate our mission and support nationally. We are so happy to have found this platform just in time. Our donors love it, our team loves it, and we love it. Thank you!

Pros

Funraise's interface is incredibly user-friendly and designed simplistically, making it easy for anyone on a team to be easily onboarded and made to feel like they understand how to use the most advanced features. The support network and personal Funraise Customer Success Manager assigned to your organization make all the difference. Knowing there is someone to help you answer even the most basic questions and offer endless support has been game-changing. Shoutout to our CSM, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for being so kind and helpful.

Cons

I hope there is more investment in the direct messaging of donors in the future. It would be really helpful to be able to one day be able to communicate with donors directly through the platform and/or make email campaigns more functional through the platform itself without having to integrate a third part application. This would elevate Funraise to another level.

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

Our old donation platform was so old and outdated.

Response from Funraise

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Fern! Your kind words made our team literally tear up. Code2040's mission and growth are even better than how we envisioned Funraise being used as we built the product.

Tami from BARCS

BARCS

Great!

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly, great basic reporting and receipting

Cons

Intelligence takes some getting used to :)

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

Kindful is not sophisticated enough for what we were looking for

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

Because of Blackbaud. Enough said.

Response from Funraise

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the feedback! We love the quick, clear review. Enough said. ;)

Christina from Awesome Marriage

The best fundraising software out there!

Funraise has met all our Fundraising needs! It's helped us made our donor experience easy. One feature that is really important to our organization is that we are able to create numerous giving forms because we have a new product we giveaway to donors each month and need a need form for this every month. Funraise lets you create as many forms as you want. The Campaign Sites have been an important feature for us as well for our bigger fundraising campaigns. Being able to allow our donors to see our progress and where we are at in our Giving Goal helps create excitement and encourage giving.

Pros

We've been using Funraise for 4 years now and still love it! It's been a great experience all around. First of all, Funraise is very affordable. For smaller nonprofits they don't charge the crazy base prices that so many other Fundraising softwares do that a small organization can't afford. The integration features are easy, reporting is beautiful, and customer support is the best! I know the people on my team at Funraise are there for us and want us to succeed. The interface of the dashboard is easy and intuitive. I love that in Funraise you can create donation buttons to put on your own site so your site gets the traffic and you can brand it exactly how you want.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like.

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

The price is what made us make the switch. Funraise meets all our needs and their way more affordable than our previous software. One the previous software we were loosing money.

Response from Funraise

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Christina! We love working with you and just like your donors, we love seeing your progress!

Melissa from Claire's Place Foundation, Inc.

Wonderful Product!

We have been thrilled with Funraise and especially with our personal contact, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She is always available to answer our questions and was so patient with us when we were setting our account up. If [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is not available for any reason, the "help chat" is very responsive and usually can answer our questions in a matter of minutes. Our fundraising on Funraise has exceeded $120,000 and the feedback we hear from our donors is that it is a quick and easy way to donate. A win/win!

Pros

Moving all of our fundraising needs to Funraise was the best thing we have ever done. We are a small grassroots organization and depended on PayPal to process donations but were in need of something more robust that could handle campaigns, data tracking, peer to peer campaigns and provide a comprehensive CRM. Funraise provides all of this for a very reasonable price.

Cons

We would love to see a "text to donate" feature in this software in the future. Something else that would be helpful is a way to send group emails to all donors that supported a certain campaign.

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

We invited a member of the Funraise management to attend our board meeting to discuss in detail how the program works and especially the ease of use and found this to be the best fit at the best price.

Response from Funraise

Replied July 2020

Thank you for the lovely review, Melissa! We will pass along your comments to your Success Manager, Jade. We're so happy to be your partner in impact and growth!

Tareake from DORILL INITIATIVE

Industry: Performing Arts

LOVE WORKING WITH [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

My overall experience with Funraise has been AMAZING. The opportunity to chat with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and talk about fundraising strategies, but also [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is one of the best team members you have. I absolutely love working with her and she really helps make my job when it comes to fundraising run very smoothly. She is always available either through email or when scheduling meetings with her. I truly use her as a sounding board for fundraising campaigns and to understand how to best use the platform.

Pros

The giving form feature is the most impactful and I love the layout of the software. It's user-friendly and many of my team members utilize the system for their daily responsibilities.

Cons

Text-to-Give option would be helpful, especially with virtual events due to the pandemic.

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

The brand at Funraise truly spoke to me.

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

Didn't like the interface and didn't like that donors would have to go to a separate donation page to support our organization.

Response from Funraise

Replied July 2020

Thank you, Tareake! Iman and the rest of Team Funraise love working with you and seeing your impact on youth and the community. It's awesome to know we're speaking to the heart of organizations doing such empowering work.

Jake from Encircle

The Best CRM Solution that exists

My overall experience has been amazing. They are all super super nice and the entire team has taken time to make sure our organization suceeds. Specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our Customer Success Manager. Anytime I need help or need support on something she goes above and beyond. Honestly one of the best relationships we have had with another organization.

Pros

Funraise is the combination of all of the best things from the top tier CRM solutions, but its easy to use. As a non-profit we are constantly trying to save time and energy to focus our time on our purpose, Funraise lets us do that.

Cons

If I could improve anything it would be the cost.

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

Because of the ease of use and the promise to support us as an organization. We had terrible customer support from other organizations and Funraise has not only supported us but joined our family and cause.

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

After having our donors in three different systems (Blackbaud, Kindful, and Moonclerk) we needed help to clean things up. It was a total mess and none of them were doing what we needed them to do.

Response from Funraise

Replied July 2020

Thank you for the review, Jake! Jade and the rest of the Funraise team are thrilled and full of pride to be your partner.

Susan from Friends of Children Inc

Review of product Funraise

Overall we have been very grateful to have the opportunity to use Funraise. We are a small nonprofit with a very small budget working on behalf of children, youth and young adults in and aging out of foster care. To have this product to fundraise to meet the needs of our kids has been huge. To use the events feature and peer to peer fundraising products has been exciting as we have figured it out! Thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team who have answered our questions.

Pros

We received this product through a grant from the Festival of Children Foundation for which we are very grateful. 1. We found the donation button -format and look to our donors easy and a huge improvement. 2. We created two events in three months-found the interface with our website positive and the graphics compelling to our donors. 3. We found the staff very helpful, quick to respond and not put off if we needed to come back to them with further questions.

Cons

We found the tracking donors not as sophisticated as other programs. The "tags" system was ok but not great. My understanding is that they are working on that. A few of our donors found it hard to make a donation. We think it has something to do with the first page where it says credit card and they thought there were other options or it was supposed to scroll to say which credit card. Once we spoke to our donors, some were able to figure it out and others chose to use another form of payment.

Response from Funraise

Replied January 2021

Thanks so much for the feedbackOur Festival of Children orgs are some of our favorites! We love to hear that you're finding Funraise to be useful and effective, and that you're continuing to learn and grow with the system!

Kasai from Restorative Response Baltimore

Funraise will help take your fundraising to the next level!

As an organization, we are trying to build up individual contributions as a funding stream. Before using Funraise, we were mostly relying on larger, one-time donations from those in our area who were already familiar with our work. These were few and far between, however. Funraise has allowed us to make a start at engaging more frequent and smaller dollar, recurring donors. We're still in the process of figuring out what our next steps will be (most likely an event-centric campaign), but the platform has made our work much easier in this regard. Everyone we've worked with at Funraise, especially our Customer Support Manager, has been both incredibly helpful and a pleasure to work with, even when the inevitable bumps in the road arose. Their knowledge base regarding both the platform and any technical support (coding, etc.) proved indispensable. And the software itself has created greater possibilities for fundraising than we could've imagined. For us, the Funraise platform has been well worth it!

Pros

Before using Funraise, we were stuck with an older platform that not only didn't engage current and potential donors but also didn't allow us to track the money in an efficient way as it came in. Maintaining a spreadsheet of donations as they trickled in was ungainly and didn't make the donor feel as though their contribution was appreciated by our organization. Using Funraise, the ability to add offline donations has been a huge plus for us on this front, our Customer Support Manager, and the others at Funraise we reached out to were incredibly helpful as our staff member tasked with learning and deploying the platform worked through updating our donation page and building our first campaign site. The platform's updated, straightforward interface made things even easier for us. As far as our donation page and first campaign site, we saw an appreciable increase in donations. When issues came up, Funraise Support readily provided effective solutions to them. Funraise allowed us to reach people who were previously unaware of our work, and thus unaware of the impact their contributions could make to furthering it.

Cons

The act of changing the template wiping out all the campaign page content initially caused some trouble for us, but only because we missed the warning on the editor.

John from HeartSupport

The most quality-for-cost we've experienced

While there are brief moments of frustration with the small issues Funraise' software brings up, they pale in comparison to how well Funraise fits our small organization and the benefits it brings. And, getting to know them and their staff has given me the confidence to stick it out with them, because I know they're dedicated to fixing whatever issues arise. You can fix small software glitches, you can't fix a broken culture. When you cut all the fluff, Funraise is the absolute best value for what you're paying, hands down.

Pros

Funraise is fun! Their culture and communications have always left my nonprofit with a positive feeling about our relationship. The wide range of tools, the intuitive ways they're implemented, and the willingness to adapt and grow with our NPO is my favorite Pro about using Funraise. It allows me to focus on my relationships with our donors, remember details about them, and pull up all of the relevant information on them when I need to. Funraise is easy.

Cons

Funraise can be very glitchy at times. There are various (small) issues with how the software flows, and when you're cruising through a huge database of supporters, or trying to hone in on very specific data, it can be frustrated to figure out ways to circumnavigate them. However, Funraise has always responded quickly to issues like these, and always offers a workaround or fix that we can use.

Sonja from Because Justice Matters

Work with a CRM that works with you

Pros

Your software is a tool that needs to work for you, not the other way around. Funraise allowed us to implement much needed data and donor tracking upgrades quickly, with more innovation, and in a cost effective way. Customer support has always gone above and beyond to help us overcome any hiccups along the way. Overall, we have out performed our fundraising goals year over year since using Funraise and our data is now easy to find and manager.

Cons

There are some minor customizations that I'd like to make to donor records or to event pages but Funraise is always improving and introducing new features. I love that they grow with us, anticipate needs and work to build solutions so that I don't have to wait to long for those changes.

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

More functionality and agility and and more user friendly. Much better customer service and a desire to personalize the experience for our organization.

Response from Funraise

Replied July 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Sonja! It's always our pleasure to dream up new solutions and work with customers to implement them for maximum impact.

David from HoPe

Great Software

Overall, very happy with the software and continuing to learn more tools that go a long way in growing my relationship with our supporters, donors, and constituents.

Pros

The ability to customize the pages and sites is extremely valuable. The ability layer tasks to team members has an enormous value. The automation that have been created are beneficial. The customer service is absolutely incredible. Shoutout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Cons

It takes some time to get use to all of the features, and the customizations you can apply to it. Data downloads can be tricky if you don't have someone on your team that can manipulate data on excel. The team is constantly working on updating the system to provide the most useful tools and user experience.

Response from Funraise

Replied December 2020

Thanks for the feedback. As you noted, we're constantly working to make every facet of the platform easy and intuitive. We want you to save time and frustration with every Funraise interaction.

Lindsey from ICAN

Simple and easy for donors and staff

Pros

Setting up Funraise was quick and easy and only took us a couple of days. They have multiple options from stand alone donation pages, to pop up forms that can be integrated into your website. We have a lot of older donors and I have never had a donor call me asking me how to donate in the past two years of using Funraise. Our donors are happy, our accountant is happy, and I am happy with how little I need to do because everything runs automatically.

Cons

I have two suggestions: 1) We still have a lot of donors who are old school and mail checks. I wish after the automatic email contribution statements were run I could get a printable version for all my donors who don't have an email. Right now I can run that manually, but it takes awhile. 2) A little more customization options on the website pages.

Response from Funraise

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Lindsey! We cannot stress enough how much we love ICAN. And your donors' ease of use and accountant's happiness is our absolute goal and pleasure. Thank you for working with us.

Jaycina from The Tender Foundation

10/10

Pros

Funraise is super robust with plenty of supplemental features that really allowed us to take our fundraising to a new level! Also, you have access to your own contact at Funraise for anything that comes up and their resource library is extensive. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been a huge help!

Cons

Funraise is super easy to use but sometimes can get intimating because there is so much you can do with it! We are still learning new things a year in.

Response from Funraise

Replied January 2021

We're so happy you're with us and that you're seeing the huge scope of what Funraise can help The Tender Foundation with! The bad news is that there's gonna be more to learn. The good news is that we're working on making everything easier and clearer.

Dave from Partners Relief & Development

Moving to Funraise has been a positive move for us and their customer support has been outstanding.

We've seen an increase in our online donor conversion rate which is exciting and it's the first time we've had fundraisers launch very successful fundraising campaigns. It's also allowed us to better integrate the giving and fundraising experience into our website to give our supporters a simple, seamless giving experience and the feedback we receive has been very positive.

Pros

The popup donate forms are genius! It's helped out conversion rate having donors able to donate directly on the page they're looking at without being redirected elsewhere. Integration with Salesforce and MailChimp were a must for our organisation and we've been pleased that Funraise has been able to provide this. Best of all is that help is never far away when we have questions or need help!

Cons

The peer to peer campaign pages, while covering the basics, have felt a bit limited at times and we also find that the pages can be very slow to load. While Funraise offers a ton of features that we love, it often feels like each individual feature could do with more advanced controls. For example, the MailChimp integration is awesome but doesn't provide a way for donors to opt-out of being added to our MailChimp list. But Funraise always takes this feedback on board and is constantly working to make these features better and better.

Nancy from Glaucoma Research Foundation

GRF Review of Funraise

Great customer service, but for the platform there needs to be more customization and easier workflow between events, gift forms etc. You have to really make sure you save before you move on.

Pros

Has ApplePay and PayPal. Fairly easy to set up a campaign.

Cons

On the Funraise platform, I find the integration of Sites, Events, Tickets, and Giving Forms to be confusing. Also, the Funraise platform has been changing, so it’s hard to know where to begin. Overall, it’s fairly easy to set up a campaign site. But it’s not always clear how to customize sections, what can be customized or changed and what can’t, etc. Sometimes the interface for editing text is problematic, such as when you want to edit white text and the editing area has a white background. Overall, it works fine but there is a lot of room for improvement in my opinion. More report functions would be good; one report I need has to be requested (we just want mailing addresses with everything else, so this should be a standard report).

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

PayPal and Apple Pay and the ability to help us with our online Gala donations, but no pledge option which was difficult.

Response from Funraise

Replied June 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Nancy! We'll take this into account as we move forward - we appreciate your support and your work!

Bruno from TECHO

Good software, fantastic customer experience!

Good software, amazing customer experience! Iman Bahati is by far the best customer experience specialist I met so far. She is always very helpful, knows how to listen to our organization's needs and, most importantly, solve any problems we might have. Our positive experience with Funraise so far has a lot to do with the fact that we have Iman just a phone call away.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. For those reasons, it's quite easy and quick to set up a fundraising campaign and release it in a matter of hours.

Cons

I would like to see more opportunities to customize the templates. Design options are still limited.

Response from Funraise

Replied December 2020

Thanks for the feedback! We're thrilled that you're finding Funraise to be intuitive and easy to useand that you love Iman as much as we do! She's a gem.

Jacob from Crossing Borders Ministries

Great for non profit donor and donation tracking

The software is easy to use right out of the gate. I wish it had better triggered email features as it would make life easier, but I suppose that's why the Mailchimp integration exists. Support is pretty solid and I can usually get a hold of my rep or support fairly quickly.

Pros

Funraise is a purpose built tool to help not for profit organizations properly track donors and donations. It is a great tool that plugs into other toolsl like Mailchimp and Quickbooks. It also integrates with Stripe and other payment gateways to have all donations in one place. It is great if you do the work to get Funraise as your source of truth. This takes some work to audit other platform and properly integrate.

Cons

too many dupes! I wish it had some intelligence built in to understand donors as they attempt to donate using a different email address. I suppose there are some privacy issues with it but there must be a way to reduce the number of duplicate profiles from being created. I spend far too much time deduping and merging profiles.

Response from Funraise

Replied January 2021

Those darn dupes! We see the work that you do and we know it's not always easy. No matter how hard we try, there will always be more that we can do to make your work more meaningful and impactful.

Victoria from The Good Food Institute

Industry: Food Production

Great fundraising platform for small and startup NGOs

Pros

The dashboard is easy to navigate and highly intuitive. Funraise's customer success team and technical/development team are all super responsive and always willing to go above and beyond to answer questions or solve challenges. The forms are easy to embed on our own website and take minutes to set up. Their entire team is very approachable and open; we could get in touch with the head of the company if we truly needed to.

Cons

I wish forms were more customizable, that the Salesforce-Funraise integration was stronger, that we could customize automated emails more (like the failed payment emails, I wish I could re-send those as needed).

Response from Funraise

Replied January 2021

Thanks for the feedback! We agree that our customer success team and technical support team are out of this world. And we'll keep working on the integrations and customizabilitywe can always do better!

Hugh from Residency Apparel

Great Product, Great Team

Great! The team has always been so nice to us. Doesn't feel like I am dealing with a big corporation that will just pass me on to the next customer service department. I know the people I work with, and that makes working with them much more comforting.

Pros

We love Funraise because the plugins to our website, the campaigns we launch, and the general set up are super easy to use. Most of our yearly donations are recurring and Funraise really has provided peace of mind for us in handling that, along with our EOY big fundraisers we do virtually. This is the most thought-through fundraising tool we've ever used in our 8 years of existence!

Cons

Honestly, everything for us has been smooth and good.

Response from Funraise

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Hugh! And thank you for seeing the care that goes into Funraise, from our development team to your Success Manager. Finally thank you for the work you do.

lynn from Toco Hills Community Alliance

Rich in features

Funraise has allowef us to generate more income, especially with our annual campaign and our sustaining member campaign.

Pros

The system works great but often times I need more hand holding. The good news is the customer support is great, especially Blake.

Cons

There is so much to this platform that often I find it confusing and need help but once it is set up it is great.

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

At the time, there was a special grant that peaked our interest. If we raised $2,000 in the first 30 days we got a $2,000 credit. I though why not give it a try. At first we did not use as many features but over time we are using more and more.

Response from Funraise

Replied December 2020

Thank you for the feedbackBlake is great, isn't he?! We are so appreciative that we have customers like you who seek out ways to learn, grow, and experiment. Keep up the great work!

Asia from Kids for Peace Inc.

We LOVE Funraise!

The tools is fantastic and Funraise continues to invest and develop the tool and expands its functionality. We also love working with the Funraise team and appreciate their organizational culture. They truly are your partner - they care about what you do and will help you realize more opportunities. They are always available, are super savvy, understand the nonprofit world, have the cutting edge know-how, and we see them as our extended team members.

Pros

Considering financial and human resources limitations, Funraise offered us exactly what we needed - ability to quickly and easily create beautiful and inspiring fundraising pages. From an idea to completion, within a few hours, we were able to have an online fundraising campaign set up. How cool is that!?! We could trust the campaign templates follow the latest and greatest design/usability features making them beautiful, current, super easy to use, and additionally we could customize the templates to fit our brand. In terms of online fundraising and storytelling, Funraise, made our job so much easier! We could focus on what we do best - activating our stakeholders and full-filling our mission.

Cons

We wish the giving forms could be more customizable in terms of adding/creating your own fields/questions. With that being said, since we started using the software, we have seen amazing developments and improvements to the tool, so that probably will be addressed at some point by their product development team. They really do listen to the needs of the users.

Ashley from Love Not Lost

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

I've tested A LOT of donor CRMs, and this is hands-down one of the best!

Funraise has not only helped us raise so much more money, but they've also helped relieve us of administration work with their automation, tracking, and report functionality.

Pros

Funraise has incredible functionality with donations from allowing people to cover processing fees to giving in memory or in honor of someone and so much more. Not only is the donor functionality easy and helpful, but the back-end reporting and relationship tracking is where they really beat their competition. Funraise makes it so easy to keep track of interactions, assign tasks, pull reports, etc.

Cons

They used to not have a clean and easy way to design fundraising pages, but all of that has changed with the new update and it truly is one of the best comprehensive donation platforms in existence right now!

Reasons for Choosing Funraise

Funraise had the best functionality combined with the cleanest design for the price. It wasn't the cheapest, but I don't regret our decision one bit!

Response from Funraise

Replied January 2021

Wow! This is the type of news we love to hear. It's been our honor to work with and root for the awesome Love Not Lost team as you've grown over the last few years.

Nikole from Freely in Hope

Positive!

This product is well designed with all the features I need to support my team across the globe.

Pros

I love Funraise! Their customer service is top notch—they are always checking in on you to ensure you have what you need to be successful in fundraising. They come out with updates and new features frequently which allows us to do our job well.

Cons

Some features that are compulsory for any CRM are add-on's which are priced quite high. As a small nonprofit, I had hoped to be privy to functionalities that can help us see our database better, but the fee is quite hefty.

Response from Funraise

Replied March 2020

Thank you so much! We love you and the work that your organization is doing. Keep it up, and keep the feedback coming!

Alex from LEAP - Learning through an Expanded Arts Program

Industry: Fund-Raising

Huge Funraise Fan!

Pros

I love how many critical elements Funraise offers in one package! A few highlights are the email automation, peer-to-peer fundraising, Facebook integration, wealth screening, and the partnership with Double the Donation. The platform allows me to organize and review donor information with ease. The Funraise team is friendly and quick to respond! Shout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who is amazing!

Cons

I would love to see a text to donate function as well as a customizable email feature (beyond the pre-set automation emails). Some of the fundraising sites do not display well on mobile -- would really appreciate the ability to optimize the mobile layout.

Response from Funraise

Replied December 2020

Thanks for the feedback! We love how you listed your favorite Funraise featuresthey're some of our favorites, too. Thank you for being a huge Funraise fan... we're a huge LEAP fan!

Jake from Direct Action Everywhere

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great integrations

Pros

We've used Funraise for several years. It's extremely easy to set up & use, but also has great API functionality that allows our developers to integrate our fundraising data into other systems. They also have a partnership with Facebook that allows you to automatically import your Facebook donation data.

Cons

The biggest downside is that there is no way for donors to update their recurring donations themselves, but I've been told for months that this is in the works.

Response from Funraise

Replied January 2021

Thanks for the feedback! We love that you're using our time-saving tools and integrations and that you're advocating for more solutions to problems many nonprofits face.

Leah from Cincinnati Squash Academy

Funraise Customer Review

Pros

Relatively easy to use; customer support is timely and helpful

Cons

Sometimes only need a new feature (event management) for a once a year thing but the cost package requires it to be an annual subscription or update that we don't need

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

Price, better UX, and better customer service

Response from Funraise

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Leah! And thank you for the work that you do to bring out the character and passion in Cincinnati's youth.

Shaney from The Keep A Breast Foundation

Beautiful and Bountful.

always good.

Pros

We love funriase and recommend it to all our Non-Profit friends. The support is top tier and the features help us maintain our existing donors and cultivate new donors.

Cons

I wish I could just go to a 1-day funriase school. I get stuck using it sometimes and I know I'm not using it to its fullest. I think the Facebook integration is too expensive. It's a great feature but it does not fully work right for my needs. (it shares to the individual, not the company, in our case the yoga studios) It's not B to B friendly.

Response from Funraise

Replied June 2021

We appreciate the feedback, Shaney, and we love the Keep A Breast Foundation, too! We'll keep working on the features - stay tuned!

Sara from National Canine Cancer Foundation

Great software for contacts, peer to peer websites and metrics

Exceptional customer service and alot of information. It is a great service/software...

Pros

I like all the information I can find in it - about my donors and ways to keep all the information about my donors right in one place. I like that I can text and email right from the platform. The sites are easy to build and if I'm stuck, it is easy to get help from my representative who is always in good spirits and doesn't mind all of my questions! She also has suggestions on things I can do better.

Cons

Sometimes there are limitations when we have been doing the peer to peer sites, but they just updated the interfaces, so they are always improving.

Response from Funraise

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Sara! We're always excited to see what you're up to and lend a hand, whether it's with new products or our awesome Customer Success team!

Michelle from Dressember

Happy Funraise User

Pros

I love the depth of the data they have available and the excellent customer service. If there's ever something I have trouble accessing their team will help me get what I need to meet our goals.

Cons

Our main method of fundraising is peer to peer, and some of the features are more catered toward traditional fundraising.

Response from Funraise

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Michelle! Dressember holds a special place in our team's heart, and we are constantly thinking of your team as we build out our product.

Danielle from Rebel Nell

AUH-MAZ-ING

Funraise is the place where you can see all of your number and relevant information in one. It is so much easier to customize donor experience when your management system does the tedious work for you! All you need to do is handle the important things - like the relationships you are building!

Pros

Our Customer Support Rep! As someone who was new to Fundraising and using a platform, CSR made sure I had all the information I needed to be successful! From advice, feedback and just words of encouragement, it overall made the experience worth it! Next, the price CAN'T be beaten!! Additionally, they are always adding new features that make your work even easier. I also really liked that you can send a specific email to each type of donor.

Cons

I wish I could send full out email campaigns (but that's a big ask when you already have players like MailChimp). I wish the donate button could be...transferrable? Maybe it already is but it would be cool to just have a coding for the Donate button that can be used on any website.

Michaela from Pathway School

Financial Development Director

We have had a great experience with Funraise, our client service specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the best and super helpful with making our fundraiser the best it could be.

Pros

Online mobile features - I love that it is easy to use for donors on their computers or cell phones. I love the customer support that I received and that I could book online one on one sessions as needed.

Cons

So far there has not been anything that I wanted that the platform was not able to do.

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

Trial session and then I was hooked once I did our online fundraise this year.

Response from Funraise

Replied April 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Michaela! We're so excited to be able to support your fundraising and Pathway School's important work!

Joyce from Claire's Place Foundation

Claire's Place Foundation

Funraise streamlined our donation process.

Pros

Super easy to use and love the words of encouragement along the way. Resource articles are very helpful and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team are always quick to help when we run into a problem.

Cons

Donor communication can use some upgrading.

Response from Funraise

Replied July 2020

Talk about words of encouragement! Thank you for yours, Joyce. Jade and the team truly love working with Claire's Place and we're looking forward to being a part of your growth and impact.

Megan from Invisible Children

Great Customer Service & Valuable Features

Funraise is a great solution for our organization. We made the decision to switch to Funraise in search of great customer service and consistent functionality and we've gotten that.

Pros

Funraise has great customer service. Never once have I received a response to a question or request for support that felt canned or like the support agent didn't take time to actually read and investigate the issue. I also really appreciate that they connect you directly with their engineer team when appropriate. It's so helpful to speak directly to engineers whenever there's a technical question or issue.

Cons

I wish there were more options to customize the automated emails and tasks set up in Funraise. There are some use cases or automation that I would love to create or customize but am not always able to.

Response from Funraise

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the feedback, Megan! Our Customer Success and Technical Support teams always go above and beyond - we'll make sure they see this review. Thank you again!

All in one CRM tool

We're experimenting with peer to peer campaigns in our company so we purchased Funraise tool to integrate with Raiser's and our website. It's an affordable tool and it's a very attractive, modern interface compared to Raiser's TeamRaiser crowdfunding tools which are very complicated to setup fundraising pages on.

Pros

We utilized Funraise for peer to peer campaigns. You are able to add features a la carte so you do not need to purchase the whole software. It integrates with Raiser's Edge and automatically adds donors info to records and creates new records. Very intuitive, attractive, user friendly tool that offers same and additional features as other crm tools like Raiser's, Salesforce. Their platform seems more modern and easier to use that Raiser's Edge. Their peer to peer templates are user friendly and allows donors to easily create pages that are then placed on your website and they are able to share with others.

Cons

Their software does not integrate with Blackbaud Merchant Services. You need to setup an account with a company like Stripe to integrate donor payments with the system so it's a little time consuming to setup. We are only using their peer to peer tool at the moment however everything seems to be integrating and seems easy to use.

Response from Funraise

Replied September 2019

Hey, thanks for the review! Our peer-to-peer feature was what got Funraise started and we're really proud of it, so hearing that you like it too is pretty cool. We're keen to make sure that your fundraisers and donors have a great experience. We're all in this together!

Patrick from Chief Seattle Council, Boy Scouts of America

Great Product Overall

Pros

-No expiration date for recurring donations -Unlimited, customizable questions -Clean look and easy to use forms.

Cons

-If using the Double the Donation as your matching gift plug-in, you may be required to upgrade your plan with Double the Donation in order to gain access to API keys. -Answers to customizable questions do not appear on the same report that lists transactions/donations. You are required to upgrade your plan with Funraise to combine that data.

Reasons for Switching to Funraise

They required recurring donors to enter in an expiration date.

Response from Funraise

Replied October 2021

Thanks for the review, Patrick! We love how you're using the forms and are stoked to be working with you.

Eddo from The Supply

Best fundraising platform out there

We recently moved over to Funraise, and it has been nothing but ideal. Their platform is super easy to use and their products are better than all of the other ones we were previously using (Moonclerk, StayClassy). We were worried that we would lose all of our donor data, but the support team worked with us to seamlessly migrate all of our information. There was no disruption or interruption at all, and they checked and double checked that nothing went wrong in the migration process. All in all, we are very happy, and excited to grow with these guys and to see what new things they have up their sleeves.

Pros

- very user friendly - customer support responds within hours (dedicated support team) - they identify new tools that are relevant to today's fundraising needs

Bryan from The Nexus Fund

Industry: Philanthropy

Finally a fundraising tool built by fundraisers (and their team of product wizards)!

Pros

Funraise provides beautiful donation page forms and campaigns, but the real magic that a fundraising professional can appreciate is in the back end of the product. The integration of donor drip email campaigns, transaction reporting, automatic yearly donation summary emails to donors saves so much time, effort, and energy because of how they've build a fundraising product that is truly for fundraising professionals. To add, their customer service team and client centric approach is top notch.

Cons

The software currently does not have a donation matching option, which other platforms do have.

Larissa from The Last Mile

Extremely Happy With Funraise

Funraise has enabled us to provide extreme simplicity for our retail donors, which they definitely appreciate as well. We are deeply connected to our community and committed to building it, and our Funraise extension offers our community members a direct way to help us make an impact, whether it be through a donation of $5 or $500. Additionally, we very much enjoy the ease of creating a date-specific campaign through Funraise. For GivingTuesdayNow, we were able to efficiently and seamlessly build a campaign page and our Funraise rep was very helpful in providing feedback to ensure the page was optimized for success. Spending less time on the page building gave us more time for campaign promotion.

Pros

Funraise is an easy onramp for new retail donors. Using the platform's features, we're able to easily and effectively communicate with our donors and larger community about our fundraising initiatives.

Cons

An added feature for searching for previous donors by name would be helpful.

Response from Funraise

Replied August 2020

We're so glad you're finding the features and service useful! We love when nonprofits use our tools in creative ways.

Ana from Rising TIDE @ MKEC

Amazing!

Pros

For starters, along with outstanding customer service, there is a "help" page with articles that detail step-by-step instructions to do almost everything. There are "campaign" pages you can open for specific fundraisers to allow your donors to fundraise in a fun and interactive way! One of my favorite features is the ability to embed the giving forms directly on our website. There is so much more, definitely recommend checking it out!

Cons

A minor feature I would like to see tweaked is the ability to easily add a couple with different last names in the same household.

Response from Funraise

Replied July 2020

Thank you for the review, Ana! Having Rising TIDE as a neighbor and a customer is really an honorwe get to see firsthand the impact you make on youth and families right here where we live and work.

Adriana from Free Play for Kids

Great platform, super easy to use and the customer support is fantastic!

AWESOME! Prior to Funraise, we had no donor management system (unless you count excel...) and this changed the game for us. Our P2P fundraisers were a huge success - thanks to this platform. Finally, the customer support. Seriously, shoutout to all the great people who answered all my questions - y'all are doing great work!

Pros

We did several p2p fundraisers and I really enjoyed that we can customize it! I also love the aesthetic of the platform; it is so easy on the eyes! The reporting filters were very convenient and it avoided the need for excel or sheets.

Cons

The customization of donation receipts was limited. To note, we are a Canadian based non-profit so the tax receipt requirements are different.

Response from Funraise

Replied February 2021

Thank you for the feedback! We're thrilled that you were able to excel beyond Excel and even happier that we get to partner with you to achieve excellence!

Mia from Every Monday Matters

Industry: Newspapers

Funraise allows you to focus on what matters: your donors!

We are a growing nonprofit. Funraise has allowed us to grow our donor base and keep up with all of our new relationships.

Pros

Real time customer service! Whenever we needed help customer service was there! We did not need to wait very long. We also have been able to grow our donors and tag certain staff to keep up. We were also able to integrate our funraise into our website with ease.

Cons

We wish we were able to pull more specific reports. Currently, when you pull a report it has all the donor's details. Many details are unesscary. It'd be great to choose more specific details.

Abbie from CARE for AIDS

Our team loves the Funraise Platform!

Pros

Funraise is such a user-friendly interface. Each member of our team can easily track donor information, pull reports, and keep track of our progress towards fundraising goals which has allowed us to reach new heights!

Cons

We would still love to have the ability to link households. Many of our donors are connected and it is sometimes hard to keep track of who is related to who.