What are Grant Lifecycle Manager users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Grant Lifecycle Manager software through verified user reviews

• icon"Once everything is set up for each grant and scholarship, it is a breeze for applicants and reviewers to use."
  • icon"Ease of use and setup and seems relatively easy for grantees to use."
  • icon"The website setup, platform flexibility and tech support are fantastic."
  • icon"If hard pressed, I would say it took more than a minute to figure out how to do reports."
  • icon"Application process - to complete/approve applications is a little tricky. I am only a year into utilizing the software for reporting."

Browse all Grant Lifecycle Manager Reviews

• Have you used Grant Lifecycle Manager and would like to share your experience with others?

Outstanding grant software

Overall our organization seems to be fully satisfied with this software to streamline our grant management process for over 5 years now. Training is always available and customer service is amazing.

Pros

Great tool to manage grant data and streamline the overall grant process. We issue grants to multiple organizations in a year so this eases the process on both the reviewer and applicant side. Customer service is very responsive and helpful. Online applications and registration are user friendly and very helpful tools. Exceptional grant management software for any size company. Fairly easy base for learning and offers a pretty intuitive platform.

Cons

Report features and customer management tools need to be improved or implemented.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts on Grant Lifecycle Manager. We'll share your thoughts on tools with our team, as we're always working to improve based on client feedback.

Replied January 2019

Patricia

Foundant Grant Management System

Using the GMS for our foundation has been very helpful in keeping our documents organized and available for all to view; the grantees love the ease of the application we have developed within the system and it's streamlined the whole process of evaluations.

Pros

We chose the GMS from Foundant due to the ability to customize our platform to how we use it. We were not locked into a specific format.

Cons

As of now, I do not see any area that would need improvement. We are a small foundation and may not use all the capabilities that the GMS provides, as other larger foundations would. But I know that if there was something that I thought would be a good addition to the produce, Foundant would either let me know it already exists and direct me to it, or put it in their 'suggestion' area.

Reasons for choosing Grant Lifecycle Manager

Honestly, it was the people. Not only was my sales rep so friendly and knowable about the product, he was eager to give me every answer to all my questions. Additionally, I loved that many of the employees at Foundant were previously in the foundation world, had used either this or other products and would be 'speaking the language' of grant makers.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review, Patricia! We are happy to know that Grant Lifecycle Manager has allowed you to customize your platform to fit your needs!

Symone

It's Ok at best.

Pros

I like that applicants have to create accounts in order to apply, and that I can include descriptions for various kinds of applications.

Cons

I don't like that applicants can create duplicate submissions for one application. This makes reviewing applications difficult and creates more work for our staff on the back end. I don't like that once you "close" an application you can't "hide" it also. This makes managing the program on the back end overwhelming.

Amy

February 2022

User Friendly and Intuitive Software

I chose this software 6 years ago over several others that we reviewed. It is perfect for our foundation size and the staff and support team are awesome. The support response time is very fast and if needed, I can get a live body on the phone which was not available from our previous software provider.

Pros

The ability to customize applications, evaluations, and follow up reports is great. Most of our grant awards are not a One Size Fits All.

Cons

As a data nerd, the reporting feature is not as strong as I wish it to be. The ability to design reports is limited.

Features and cost

Reasons for switching to Grant Lifecycle Manager

It was just not a good system or fit for our foundation needs.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review, Amy! We are happy to know that you are enjoying the features of our GLM software.

Replied February 2022

Peggy

Foundant Technologies has the best customer service!

I have had a very positive experience with Foundant from the beginning. They have excellent customer service that has made the process easy from the beginning and helps me to address any issues that come up as an ongoing user.

Pros

The Foundant software was easy to learn thanks to a great onboarding program with tutorials and a dedicated Client Success Manager. In addition to my CSM, there is a support team that can be reached by phone, email, or chat. My questions have always been answered promptly. Foundant also listens to their clients and makes changes/upgrades based on client needs. Educational webinars are offered on a regular basis.

Cons

Some features are not available with the standard license.

Reasons for choosing Grant Lifecycle Manager

Personal service is what sets Foundant apart. They want their clients to succeed and it shows!

Reasons for switching to Grant Lifecycle Manager

We wanted to start online applications.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review, Peggy! We are happy to know that Grant Lifecycle Manager was easy to learn and that you're happy with our customer service!

Laura

Easy to work with

Pros

I compared over 10 different sites and software programs before partnering with Foundant. By far, Foundant had what we needed. They have enough bells and whistles to do what we need, but not so many that I get overwhelmed or bogged down. Foundant has a great training program that enabled me to build the site and maintain it - which says a lot since I am not a computer wizard. I have updated our application and processes annually and was able to very easily add a process for our COVID work. The best thing about Foundant is their people. Whether I call, chat or email the response is always quick and efficient. In addition to using the site to do grant management work, we have also extended it to receive PRI applications. I love that the system is adaptable.

Cons

Nothing. If hard pressed, I would say it took more than a minute to figure out how to do reports. But once I understood the building blocks, I was able to create reports for different audiences.

Reasons for choosing Grant Lifecycle Manager

1. Ease of creation and management of site 2. Ease of greatness to enter information and upload documents 3. Customer support provided 4. Price for what we receive

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review, Laura! We're happy to see that GLM is easy to work with and that you have enjoyed working with our people!

Joan

Near & Far Aid's experience with Foundant GLM

Our manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been great and very responsive. She helped us sort through the most efficient way to get our processes up and running and anticipated some things we might want to do in the future so that we could incorporate them even before we might need them. We also did a large data migration project with our legacy data and our migration manager Taylor was extremely helpful.

Pros

I liked that after the in-depth training, our CSM was able to easily and relatively quickly recreate our previous grant application into the Foundant system

Cons

The training in the beginning that we do as self study takes a bit to grasp onto but once I got through the first few modules it all started to be intuitive and make logical sense.

Reasons for choosing Grant Lifecycle Manager

The price point and recommendations from other funders who are currently using the same platform.

Reasons for switching to Grant Lifecycle Manager

Old system was based on outdated software platform, difficult to make edits and extract legacy data

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review Joan! We are happy that your migration to Grant Lifecycle Manager went smoothly.

Beth

Great Product for Managing Grants

Using Foundant has organized our grant-making process substantially. We are able to ensure accurate and up to date reporting and collect consistent and useful data. Setting up automation for reporting has taken a lot of work off our hands, and made everything much easier. It also allows us to have all important information and documents related to specific grants stored in the same place, which is easy for all users to access. Overall a really great product.

Pros

The pricing of this software compared to others is very reasonable, especially for a small nonprofit where cost is crucial. I would recommend that you already have your grant-making process pretty organized before starting to work with the system - though signing up and getting everything in the system definitely forced us to work everything out as far as process goes, which was helpful. The support that we received from our account manager as well as support staff via chat was extremely helpful, I used the chat almost daily in the beginning! The chat feature is really great because you rarely have to wait for assistance. We really love the reporting and customization options, especially being able to set up automatic emails for when reports are due, past due, assigned, etc. This system has helped us collect consistent data across various projects, which makes reporting much easier. There are a ton of reporting options available, though we have yet to use a lot of that section. Also love that we can have multiple people reviewing and giving feedback on applications. They are always making updates which are useful, I recommend reading the update highlights when they come out, I always learn something new! Overall this is a wonderful product that has exponentially improved our grant-making and management.

Cons

It did take us a little while to figure out how best to use the software, but I think this was because we also had to set up our processes. After a month or so of using it we were pretty comfortable. The only issue we run into is when we accept applications from organizations as well as individuals, because the system is really only designed for organizations to apply. We were able to work around it, but it would be nice if the system was designed to include both types already. We also have had a few issues with duplicate organizations being created, despite setting up a warning message to users, but deleting the duplicates are easy enough. It would also be helpful to be able to move grants between processes, right now you have to delete the entire application and re-enter it manually in another process. But overall, the pros far outweigh the cons.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thanks for your thoughtful review, Beth! We appreciate your time leaving such thorough feedback about Grant Lifecycle Manager.

Replied January 2019

I adore this product

Pros

If you have a grant that your organization gives our every year, thus is definitely for you. Everything is in one place and it makes everything you ma have to do so much easier. You send out applications through the software and everyone completes them online. You can track how many applications you have and how much you have that are completed. Reviewers can look and receive applications online, and you can assign any follow ups. the best thing is that all of their organizations information is now on the site, so it also is a library for anyone who has ever applied for your grant/application. And an additional perk is that you can email people from the site and you don't have to connect to your outlook/email to do so. *Great support!

Cons

If an applicant wants to change their organization information, they have to contact you and you have to do it on the back-end, this goes for resetting/changing applicants passwords as well. It sometimes gets a bit annoying that they can't change simple tings like the address or telephone number an you have to do it.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your time providing feedback on Foundant's Grants Management solution!

Replied March 2019

Exceptional customer service and support from the very beginning. I feel heard and supported.

Pros

The flexibility. It's not a "one and done" software as it is ever evolving and expanding with new updates regularly. The community of Foundant GLM users are heard. Feedback is encouraged and incorporated into each update. My company utilizes the Foundant GLM software for several different funding programs, and it meets the specific/individual needs of each one without compromising the quality of the software or the value to our applicants and evaluators.

Cons

There's still some features I'd like to see considered/added to a future update, but they're not deal breakers. Overall, it's hard to find any "cons" to this software.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review of Grant Lifecycle Manager! We appreciate your time sharing this information for others who are doing research on grants management software.

Margret

Grants Administrator Review of Foundant

Pros

We have the Standard license and it easily handles all aspects of grant making. The software is logical, intuitive and easy to learn. All applications, grant and payment history, evaluations, emails sent from within the system, and follow up reporting are kept in one system and are easily retrievable. This helps me work very efficiently. The Shared Documents feature is very useful to make information available to groups of users. Foundant is a huge time saver compared to how we handled grants in the past. Because it is online, you can access the system from anywhere and work anytime. Their customer support is consistently outstanding, always friendly and happy to help. I have also gotten lots of very favorable comments from our users who say that Foundant is easier to use than many other systems they have to deal with. A great feature is Guidestar, which allows me to verify an organization's IRS status instantly and maintains a record of these verifications. I am completely happy with Foundant and wholeheartedly recommend it.

Cons

I really have very little that I don't like. A minor drawback is that the system cannot fully integrate our board meeting process, because we have a very set process. Using Shared Documents, I am able to still maintain and preserve our board meeting material in the system.

Reasons for choosing Grant Lifecycle Manager

Foundant was much cheaper and had all the features I needed.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review, Margret! We are happy to know that Grant Lifecycle Manager is helping your organization become more efficient!

Susan

Industry: Performing Arts

User friendly and exceptional customer service.

When I am recommending Grant Lifecycle Manager to other county agencies, I specifically mention your customer service because it is so rare to find such outstanding service at every stage in the process from sales to finance to training. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our training rep, is consistently exceptional. She is courteous, knowledgeable, and responsive. I miss her now that our regular sessions are done.

Pros

This software is user friendly, and has allowed for a more efficient grant management process. We especially like being able to generate reports within the system, and that there's no more paper applications or evaluations is a big plus.

Cons

In the past we had a one-page paper contract that we mailed to our grantees for completion/signature and then forwarded onto Purchasing as support material when entering the purchase requisition. When we switched to the new system, naturally we wanted to create an online contract. However, because of the new layout, each contract was multiple pages. Since we have 40 grantees, this was too much to print out, scan and email to our Purchasing Dept. In the end, we were able to work around it by creating a modified information one-pager that served our purpose.

Reasons for choosing Grant Lifecycle Manager

Price and customer service.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review, Susan! We are happy to know that Grant Lifecycle Manager has allowed for a more efficient grant management process and that you're enjoying our reporting functionality.

Karla

Foundant!

My work at GreaterGood as the Grants Administrator requires me to work in Foundant all day. I find it to be easy to navigate and user friendly for our applicants and partners. Whenever I have questions, Foundant Support is excellent in assisting me. Our Client Success Managers, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and now [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], have been excellent.

Pros

Foundant is very user friendly for both our staff and applicants. All of our grants are by invitation only. We provide detailed instructions to our applicants to register in Foundant and apply. We have separate processes for the many grants we provide. I like that the processes can be customized for each type of grant. We take the Follow Up Reports very seriously. We share the reported info and impact with our donors.

Cons

My only struggle is sometimes with Reports. Foundant Support is always very helpful with helping me figure out what to do.

Reasons for choosing Grant Lifecycle Manager

Foundant was decided on right before I joined GGO.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review of GLM Karla! We are happy to hear that our product is user-friendly for both your staff and applicants!

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Foundant has made grant management so easy

Our overall experience has been a positive one. Both Applicants and Reviewers seem to have no issues with the system.

Pros

I love the fact that you can copy a process. This saves so much time - there is no need for re-creating. The somewhat new feature of the option of chatting is fabulous! Again, a time saver. It allows me to multi-task. The system is user friendly.

Cons

I would say the only piece that I cannot give the most accolades to would be the reporting. It seems to be a little clunky or it could just be the user, me. I was a little disappointed to learn that there is not a good fit for all of the roles that we need to assign to our staff members that are involved in an RFP process. Specifically, we have a someone who needs to create and edit reports but I did not want to give him full admin rights, which is what I ended up doing. Something in between would be nice. We have not utilized integration with other apps so far, but if possible, it would be nice to have the following directly connected: https://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/ and https://www.fdacs.gov/. Also, it would be nice if we could have the ability to create 3 evaluation forms since a lot of our RFPs involve a 3rd evaluation phase.

Reasons for choosing Grant Lifecycle Manager

Foundant seems to have the best product for the cost.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review, Jennifer! We are happy to know that Grant Lifecycle Manager has helped save you time and that you're enjoying our chat functionality!

Dayna

Foundant GLM Review

I have been EXTREMELY pleased with our overall GLM experience. The support Foundant offers is beyond amazing.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. We surveyed our grantees after implementing GLM and received all positive reviews.

Cons

Reporting and Data Sets continue to be challenging. It makes sense when I'm at training classes but when I sit down to create a report the confusion sets in. Even though reporting is challenging I still prefer Foundant GLM over any other software product out there!

Reasons for choosing Grant Lifecycle Manager

We chose Foundant GLM based on user reviews initially, but once we started the switch we were blown away by the support and use of knowledge that the Foundant folks displayed.

Reasons for switching to Grant Lifecycle Manager

GIFTS merged with Blackbaud and their customer service tanked. Support was almost non-existent. For every problem that came up they offered a "work-around" instead of a fix.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review, Dayna! We are happy to know that Grant Lifecycle Manager has helped your organization and that you're happy with our customer service!

Liz

Outstanding. I highly recommend GLM for grant management at any volume.

Pros

GLM is a fairly intuitive tool for managing grant workflow. If you are having trouble, Foundant supplies a vast knowledge base to learn how to use the software step-by-step. Their customer service is outstanding. Foundant listens to user feedback and incorporates requested features into the software development pipeline. Recent improvements, such as track-able automatic emails, have resulted in increased efficiency in my workplace.

Cons

At it's core, GLM is a database and subject to certain restrictions. That said, there are very few elements that are 100% fixed in the system-- I have no complaints.

Response from Foundant Technologies

We really appreciate your thoughtful review, Liz! Your feedback is always welcome as we continue to ensure we've built a system that enables grantmakers to work efficiently.

Replied February 2018

Working with Foundant has greatly improved what we do and how we do it.

Foundant has changed the work we do for the better!

Pros

Foundant streamlines our grant cycle and database. It also allows our team to access applications remotely, which makes our work easier.

Cons

We still need CRM software. I'd love to see Foundant integrate CRM into their platform so that our left hand can better connect with our right hand, so to speak. We still have to do our CRM-type of work using a separate site and it gets clunky having two separate databases doing two different things.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you so much for your review, Jennifer! Your feedback is appreciated. We look forward to chatting with you further to learn more about the CRM capabilities you'd like to see in GLM.

Dana

Great software and customer service

Pros

Customer service is great with quick response times to questions from the support team. customer service agent does an amazing job for us to educate and suggest best practices/processes for our unique family foundations. We review with him annually, but can easily email him anytime for other assistance.

Cons

Reporting features are much improved, but since we only use a few times a year, I often have to ask for assistance to customize.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you so much for your review, Dana! We shared your kind words with Andy. Your feedback on reporting is helpful as we continue to make updates that meet the needs of our clients.

Art

Once you set up the product, it works well. The challenge-for good or ill-is the constant updating.

Pros

You customize the entire process for your own needs/issues. So it can be simple or very complex. You can have several "processes" which means various forms/levels of detail, etc., depending on what you need to learn from prospective grantees. After a grant is awarded, tracking payments, progress, etc. is quite good. Outstanding customer service.

Cons

If one is not a "heavy" user of the product, the constant updates, which are great for organizations that use the product constantly, can sometimes be a bit much. Another learning curve has to be conquered! However, customer service is outstanding--any issues or questions are usually dealt with/answered within minutes.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you so much for your review, Art! We pride ourselves on our customer support. Our team continuously listens for feedback from clients such as yourself, and make updates accordingly. We're happy to hear support helps you effectively navigate and stay up to speed.

Replied January 2018

Kim

Happy with our Grant Management System choice

The system has saved us so much time and paper! I would never go back and look forward to the day when we can fully integrate with CommunitySuite as well!

Pros

This system made our grant process so simple for our users, both applicants and evaluators. We went from the stone age of paper to the simplicity of a completely integrated system. The system helped us quickly pivot our grantmaking strategy when the Coronavirus pandemic struck.

Cons

Executive Director for a small foundation with no staff, I do find it challenging to keep up with system improvements when it is usually used for one major process each year. HOWEVER it was a blessing in 2020 to be able to utilize the resources that Foundant made available for COVID grants.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review Kim! We are happy to hear that Grant Lifecycle Manager was able to help your organization pivot your strategy when needed.

Becky

Outstanding customer service!

Pros

The software is very easy to use. We use committees of volunteers and they can learn how to use the system with very little effort.

Cons

The reporting function is not as intuitive as it could be. I always need to ask the admin for help and I wish I could figure it out on my own or remember it more easily.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review of Grant Lifecycle Manager! Your time leaving these comments is greatly appreciated.

Ann

Work smarter not harder with Foundant GLM

The Foundant team is extremely helpful and offers frequent and very beneficial training opportunities.

Pros

This software has helped automate and streamline our discretionary grant processes. It has saved us a lot of time on manually executing our grant processes. Grant recipients have found the platform easy to use as well.

Cons

Even though Foundant has a great onboarding system and frequent training opportunities, it still took me a while to learn the "lingo." What did certain terms mean, how did I find those again in the platform, etc.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review, Ann! We are happy to know that Grant Lifecycle Manager has helped automate your grant processes and that the platform has been easy to use!

Sheila

Customer support is very helpful and available. I find the program easy to use.

Since it is laid out so well, I don't have to spend a lot of wasted time manuevering around the software. Saves us time, and keeps us organized.

Pros

It makes sense the way it is laid out and is very user-friendly. Customer support is there when we need them.

Cons

The reporting tool takes a little getting used to but is relatively easy once you get the hang of it. As always, support is there to help us navigate if we run into issues.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thanks so much for your time writing this review, Sheila!

Replied February 2018

We love Foundant's easy interface & flexibility and the super helpful staff!

Time saved, more precise data, and better reporting

Pros

We like how easy it is to make changes to the application and evaluation forms, how helpful the customer support staff has been, and the flexibility of the reporting functions.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thanks so much taking the time to write a review, Paul! It's great to hear Grant Lifecycle Manager has enabled you to save time and track better data, while being easy to use. We appreciate your review, which will help others in their search for a grants management solution!

Kanitra

Very user-friendly and easy to compile reports

Pros

Access to reports, organization information, follow up information at the click of a button - literally. I also appreciate that it is connected to GuideStar!

Cons

Application process - to complete/approve applications is a little tricky. I am only a year into utilizing the software for reporting. Being that applicants have been approved and I listed them under approved, I am still not so sure why they are showing up as complete or in the same spot... I still have some learning to do.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review of GLM! We hope you'll find our resources and support useful as you continue to learn the system.

Grant Lifecycle Manager