What are Kindful users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Kindful software through verified user reviews

• icon"It had a good price point that included CRM and event and peer to peer platform."
  • icon"Easy to use, even for those of us who aren't tech savvy, they have excellent customer support, and the price is great."
  • icon"What I liked about Kindful was that it offered most of the same features as other software programs at a great price."
  • icon"At first we were worried we might have lost some data in the transition, but for the most part we seem to have sorted everything out."
  • icon"Sorry, that's not available either. Aside from the reporting being quite limited, the overall building of reports is very poor and not very intuitive."
  • icon"Customer service was horrible. You could not talk to a live person."

Browse all Kindful Reviews

• Have you used Kindful and would like to share your experience with others?

Robert

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

March 2022

Incredibly Useful and Powerful

Nikki

Great for a mid sized non-profit and amazing customer service

Overall, I love the ease of use of the software. My team isn't intimidated by it and are able to get on and navigate it well. Usually, if there is something that isn't easily available, the Kindful team will find a work around for the problem.

Pros

I love the ease of use of this software. And when I don't know how to do something, their customer service team is always available to talk and will figure it out. Kindful's customer service is beyond anything I have ever experienced.

Cons

There are a couple of features that I think should be available but are not. However, I have found that no software has it all.

Reasons for choosing Kindful

Price, ease of use, and the robustness of the information organized.

Reasons for switching to Kindful

I needed a software that was more user friendly so that my team would use it.

Anna

Using Kindful for over 6 years and I love it!

Pros

Kindful has provided easy integration with all our processes and procedures. I enjoy the ease-of-use for the reporting and overall daily use. Though, over the last 25 years, I have used some more 'powerful' products, they were clunky, difficult to navigate, and nearly impossible to use without a week-long training. Kindful provides all the services I need with an interface that takes minutes to learn and begin using.

Cons

There is very few aspects that I dislike about Kindful. If I were to nit-pick, there are some fields that are not searchable or able to be queried. Also, though you can 'household' accounts, the year-end giving statements are not able to be combined to a household tax statement. Neither of these are deal breakers, and I have found work-arounds as necessary.

Reasons for choosing Kindful

Cost, customer service, and ease-of-use were the main reasons for our final choice. The company was obviously very customer oriented, I was moving from a larger organization to a smaller one and was concerned with using a 'cheaper' product than I was used to. After 6 years I have found Kindful to be on-par, and in some ways better, than the expensive products I has previously used.

Kendra

Great idea, but full of glitches and oversights

The team is kind (haha) but usually not helpful. Several times we have asked for help and ended up with suggestions that only help Americans - most Kindful employees are not aware how the program works for Canadians and are not prepared to answer our questions. Rather, they need us to tell them how their program works in Canada. When it is a global problem we encounter, we receive help on how to work around the problem rather than address it directly. Which would not be a problem in the short term, but because there does not seem to be any public-facing suggestions board or update tracker, there is no way of knowing if Kindful is actually making improvements to its program. My biggest disappointment with the Kindful team is not their program, but it seems to us in our daily interactions with the team and program that they have not the capacity or dedication to make the simple updates that would make this program incredible. I hope to see more acknowledgement of our issues and some sort of update that they are working to make Kindful better.

Pros

Attractive online giving page, easy statistics about donor giving on dashboard, acknowledgements tool is useful, tasks assigned to team members, recent transactions bar at side is handy to track donations as they come in, campaign sorting is handy, can compare campaign success year over year.

Cons

There are so many small oversights that make daily use of the program frustrating. Some examples: There is no automatic receipting for Canadian users, despite many other CRMs offering this in Canada. There is no way to offer a one-off receipt for someone, as the bulk receipting tool is a one-click button that receipts EVERYONE from the last year and will void any receipt made previously in the giving year. The fiscal report tool is completely useless - it generates information for the month to date, meaning if you want to see the entire month's progress, you have to wait until midnight of the last day of the month (who's going to do that?). There is no way to generate the report for previous months. The only possible solution to this tool - automation - does not work. You can schedule the report to come to your inbox, but it's only able to schedule reports for the first day of the month, meaning you'll get a report with ONE DAY of data. There is no way to change this. There are many ways to filter your audience or activities, but there are also many fields missing, and finding the parameters you need requires filtering through a long list of suggestions that are not organized by any category. For example, I wanted to see how many of our audience members who received our last Mailchimp email ended up making a donation the next way. But even though each contact will have the MailChimp interaction on their personal activities record, it is not searchable.

Colleen

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A clumsy, confusing attempt at a Donor CRM system

Pros

It is better than the system we were using before, which was not a CRM platform. We have the capability to add notes and upload documents to a constituent's record. That's about it.

Cons

Our problems with Kindful began with the data upload. Some of our batches were uploaded twice and the support team at Kindful could do nothing to rectify it. Once your data is into the system, it's a complete mess to view. It's organized in abstract boxes across the screen and difficult to filter for the info you need. We were excited that the platform integrated with MailChimp- but this has proven to be an awful integration. Kindful makes note of every time someone clicks on the email, so some records show as many as 20-30 actions for one sent email (apparently when users delete their emails in batches, this heightens the problem). Creating reports in Kindful is essentially impossible. Selecting your filters for output and view fields is difficult (a selection of check boxes organized alphabetically, not categorically). And once you finally create the awful report- you can save it, but can't go back and make any changes to the criteria you've set. So basically, start over. Then you might want to acknowledge your donors- good luck, because the merge fields are basic and dysfunctional, and the letters are ONLY generated as a PDF- so you can't edit them. Even the best of CRM systems doesn't get this perfect, and needs to offer editing capability. I also only learned the hard way that if you upload a gift manually, the system is going to automatically send an acknowledgement to that recipient unless you tell it otherwise. Overall- pay more for a slightly better system. Kindful is one of the cheapest on the market, and I can 100% see why.

Response from Bradley

Colleen, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We take immense pride in providing software that makes donor management easier and provides meaningful insights into your donors. I want to start off by saying that I have reviewed your comments and suggestions with our support, onboarding and product teams as we do with all reviews and we will take all of your suggestions into consideration. I do want to make sure I address a few of your comments directly: As it pertains to the data our team helped you upload - It is important to understand that the quality of the data being uploaded is very important and that our team often works through duplication issues with many of our clients when they are bringing in data from multiple sources. It is common to initially have many duplicates. Your case was a bit more complex than many we see so we escalated the issue to our engineering team to have them help get everything deduped properly. However, I did see on August 1st that you had declined our offer for further help. Our team would love to help address any challenges you may be having here. If you’d like to reconsider our offer, please do not hesitate to reach out. We’re committed to ensuring that every new organization that joins Kindful starts with accurate data in our platform. We are also so sorry to hear that you’re not finding value in our reporting and donor profiles. These are two areas that our clients rave about in Kindful. They love the ability to filter and report at a high level and also review in-depth data on individual donors and specific donor groups. I have asked Jared, your onboarding rep, to reach back out to see if we can provide any additional training around these features free of charge - As with any new system, there is a bit of a learning curve. We want to be sure you’re fully utilizing all of the features at your disposal and clarify any questions or concerns you may have. As you continue to use Kindful we hope that you will find the tool as useful as so many of our organizations do, and just know that you can always reach our support team by phone or email during business hours to help you through any questions or concerns you have.

Replied August 2018

Lorien

April 2022

Ease of use and customizable

Customer service is amazing! Really great value for the cost. It's intuitive to navigate, not overly cluttered. The financial reports are SO customizable. The tax-document send-out is so simple and fast, and they have options to update addresses (like when people move) from the post office database. So many other integrations make this a platform easily customizable to different nonprofits' needs.

Pros

Customer service and set-up was a breeze! So helpful being able to contact real people for custom solutions. Importing records from other systems is one of the easiest I've seen.

Cons

It's not quite as robust on the CRM side as some of the other options out there- however even with that, they have easy integrations with most of those major programs!

Reasons for choosing Kindful

We found this early on and were pretty sold. With our background using other systems, we just knew this was easier the ones we've used in the past.

Reasons for switching to Kindful

Pushpay had terrible customer service- no phone number, wouldn't hear back on email for months. Their system was clunky and not user-intuitive. We couldn't help donors update their payment information either.

Alyssa

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Good in concept but lacks execution

We originally switched over to Kindful because we were told that it was a partner with Network for Good and were told that the two would work seamlessly together. We found out very quickly this was not the case (this was not Kindful's fault, but what we were told by Network for Good). We were also told that we could do the import of data ourselves, and import all the data that we needed to (this was also on the end of the sales person at NFG not Kindful). This information was also incorrect and we found out after we signed the contract that we could only import contact information and basic donations (not soft-credits, or notes, or relationships or groups). I have spent months trying to update the database with all that information. I could have handled this, if it weren't for the lack of robustness in reporting. The report function is very limited and you can't get out everything in the database (like relationships or soft-credits). Also, the queries, although they look very slick, are not robust at all. I ended up exporting a lot of my data and manipulating it in excel because I couldn't get the Kindful queries to do what I want. Also, even with the data I could get out, I couldn't rely on it being accurate. Many times there was data I had deleted and it did not show up on the front end of the database when I searched, but when I did an export the information was there. So I couldn't even trust the data that I got out. After 6 month of frustration we decided to switch databases again. I will say that the costumer service is very quick to respond, although half the time the answer was "sorry the database won't do that." And in the now ten months we have used Kindful they have added on some features that were lacking. I feel like eventually they will be a good database, but the execution just isn't there yet and I don't have time to wait for them to get the database where it needs to be so it saves me time instead of makes more work for me. I hate to give a negative review because they are very friendly and helpful, but unfortunately the experience with the database has been far from ideal.

Pros

Nice interface easy to enter basic data easy to learn the basics Nice step up from excel if you want basic data storage and basic searches and reports Good customer service

Cons

Queries not very robust Reporting options not very robust Data glitches acknowledgement features for letters are limited

Response from Kaylee

Alyssa, We hate to hear that you’ve not had the experience with Kindful that was promised by Network for Good when they sold our product to you. Looking back through our records, it seems that you didn’t have any calls with our Sales team, or with our Customer Success team to help streamline the onboarding process as you transitioned into our database. We regret this as we have these processes in place, and even since then we have created a more specific and streamlined success process that focuses on this so the transition is as seamless as possible. We pride ourselves on making sure we find organizations that are the right fit for Kindful. We really have enjoyed working with you all for the past year, and I think it could have been possible for this to work had the expectations been correct on the front end. We are making a ton of improvements and new functionalities are being added daily, and while we regret that you’ve not had your ideal experience, we welcome your organization to return to Kindful in the future if you feel our database matches your needs. Kindly, Kaylee

Replied October 2016

Industry: Philanthropy

No regrets switching over to team Kindful!

Very glad we found Kindful. We have had tremendous support. Response times are consistently timely. Appreciate the opportunity to access trainings and webinars quite regularly. I feel that this program is one we can grow with. Kindful gives us access to data in a simplified format to easily view and share. Looking forward to what is next with Kindful.

Pros

Affordable, user friendly for us and our donors. Really appreciate that it allows our donors access to their own accounts. Compatible with multiple other apps/tools - and constantly expanding the list.

Cons

More access to some of the data. Appreciate that their are some information/options but they are only for viewing and not reporting. There are some aspects that are specific to our needs so understand how some requests aren't common enough to justify a change. There are times when there are asks and I will get a very vague answer - this is where a user group could be very beneficial. Those of us on the users side can share how they handle aspects of accounts, tricks and tips, or feedback from peers. I have participated in user groups in the past and gained a lot of relatable insight and views from all angles. Have Kindful reps be a part of the group so that they can take info back to enhance the user experience as well as comment on issues, ideas, or why something cannot be done/implemented. Great way to keep users invested in the progress of a good program!

Reasons for switching to Kindful

RE was just too much - too expensive, too many tools that we were paying for and not accessing or needing. Help was not convenient or timely - except..... they had a FB users group and I always turned to that first, second, and third....I appreciated the ability to return to that group - relatable questions, scenarios I hadn't even come across yet but benefitted from the info, files accessible as needed, etc.

Kindful: Simple for somethings, but not very flexible

In general it has been good in that it enabled us to take payments from donors and recurring payments and ACH payments. But I feel that we are struggling to get it working the way it should or to fully meet our needs.

Pros

I really like the fact that Kindful has a clean interface and makes certain things really simple: e.g. running a campaign, accepting donations online, setting up automatic emails to thank people, etc.

Cons

Somethings just seem much harder than they should be. e.g. (1) designing reports to work the way you want them to. In most cases you have to export it to Excel and muck around with it there - even things like column ordering is non definable. (2) Integration with Mailchimp for instance works, as long as you do it exactly as they want. For instance, Mailchimp sets users Country to "United States", Kindful sets it to "United States of America". So, guess what - the contacts will not sync to Mailchimp! I updated all the country names in Mailchimp and it still did not work. Advice from Kindful= perhaps don't collect that information!? (3) Groups sound powerful (e.g. group all the people who live in a certain geographic area) BUT they are not dynamic. So you add a new user for that area and they don't end up in the group! Until you re-run the rules or manually add them to the group. This is super unhelpful - there definitely ought to be an auto-update option. (4) When you set up groups based on a set of rules, you can't go back and edit the criteria for the selection. I don't think you can even see what the criteria was...?? It's frustrating because the software has lots of great features and it works hard to be simple. It's just that somethings don't work as well as you expect them to. I don't think that this is a trade off of functionality for simplicity's sake - it just seems lacking in places.

Reasons for choosing Kindful

I've used Salesforce before and found it clunky for non-profits. Also I feel that you really need a Salesforce administrator to set up and use the product. With Kindful it looked a lot more out of the box (and indeed setting up payments and things was far far faster and simpler). With Virtuous - I think it came down to cost. Kindful seemed to have pretty decent features for the price, but now I'm not so sure...

Heather

December 2021

Intuitive, Useful, and Friendly

Our overall experience has been good. Have worked out most of the kinks over the last year and have been able to train other staffers to use it with ease. Thankful for the support and quick answers to our questions and resolutions (though not always solutions) to our challenges.

Pros

Easy to use. Has most of what we need without being overwhelming or requiring our own IT/programming team. Friendly and helpful support.

Cons

Not as customizable as some CRMs are, so while Kindful Is taking care of most of our needs, we have had to hobble a few things together with it to make it serve all of our needs.

Reasons for choosing Kindful

We chose Kindful because it made the most sense with our organizational size and needs.

Reasons for switching to Kindful

We did not have the technical capacity to make Salesforce meet our needs and we did not require a system that was quite as robust as Salseforce was.

Jacqueline

December 2021

The staff has been helpful

Pros

The donor management using Wealth insights, campaigns, financial reports

Cons

Wealth insights is extra, cleaning up the donor list is cumbersome

Mark Senyo

Through kindful, we have raised funds to cover treatment & reintegration costs of over 100 patient

We were struggling to provide essential and proper care to poorer clients who could not cover the costs of their treatment, often resulting in premature discharge of clients needing additional care. Once we established our foundation to help raise funds for such cases, Kindful has been really great in helping us source donations, particularly from international benefactors. We are now able to reach a lot more of clients needing financial support than ever before.

Pros

Unlike most fundraising platforms, Kindful provides very clear and concise pricing plans that do not conceal any hidden fees or fine-print clauses that trick clients out of funds raised. This is a very transparent process that allows us to be confident in the financial reporting of each campaign to our partners and donors without any impact on the trust they have in us. Also, Kindful makes the process of donation extremely easy by making contributions possible through multiple quick processing channels.

Cons

Compared to other alternatives we tried, I find that their training resources are a little too narrow in focus. They could be broadened further to cover all other related elements of nonprofit management and financing.

Reasons for choosing Kindful

For fundraising campaigns to cover treatment costs of individual client cases, Kindful seemed better suited. We rely on the others for the much bigger campaigns.

Mohammed

a very personal touch to fundraising and donor management

Kindful has helped us manage our fundraising campaigns significantly better. The best part of working with Kindful is that it takes very little getting used to, and training new team members on how to integrate it optimally into their daily routines is not very complex.

Pros

Kindful's payment processing tool works exceptionally well and provides all the security assurances that often have donors concerned about making payments online. Another favorite feature of mine is that multiple admins are allowed per campaign, making collaboration much more effective. Also being able to generate reports on each donor's lifetime of activity always adds a personal touch to our monthly and annual emails.

Cons

Direct integration with major platforms and associated services is quite limited and can mostly only be achieved with third party facilitation. With confidentiality and trust being a very critical element in our relationships, the fewer the number of outlets with data on our operations, the better it would feel.

Reasons for choosing Kindful

Most of the other nonprofits within our network recommended Kindful over the others.

July 2022

Great CRM for Non Profits and Donor Management

Very good. It has really helped us get MUCH more organized than before. We all love it.

Pros

Donor tracking, CRM tracking, integrations, easy of use.

Cons

Missing Multi-factor authentication, and we would like to see more customizable dashboards

Reasons for choosing Kindful

It seemed to align more with our overall organizational objectives.

Kindful great for NPOs

Handling on line payments at low cost is a huge benefit. Having a secure platform that isn't PayPal that used to fail one in six transactions is a huge improvement. The staff, when available, are knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

The depth of information kept by system is incredible. It has insight into participants propensity to give.

Cons

There is almost too much information potential in the database. Pulling reports requires careful logic inquiries, difficult to get it right.

Reasons for switching to Kindful

PayPal failed too much. Now we have an issue with Joomla, too.

May 2022

Best Ever

We are a non-profit that has been using our own in-house system, as well as an online system to manage donation and track donor management. Moving from those two platforms to Kindful was so easy!

Pros

This software is so easy to use ... and the support offered is outstanding!

Cons

Nothing ... loved it from the first time I demo'd it.

Reasons for switching to Kindful

For better donor receipting.

Nancy

Kindful Review

This is our first donor software. Positive experience.

Pros

Once you get used to it, relatively simple. Customer support is the best. Responsive, patient, knowledgeable.

Cons

Some things aren't as intuitive perhaps, but no worse than anybody else.

Reasons for choosing Kindful

Simplicity and low cost for small nonprofit; integration of Mailchimp and Quickbooks

Kathleen (Kitty)

A Blessing!

The integration with Classy, QuickBooks, and MailChimp has been life-changing and has definitely increased productivity. We paid for the additional support feature and that has been super helpful; allowing us time to gather questions and then meet every two weeks with our customer lead to discuss and troubleshoot.

Pros

The all-in-one feature and how user-friendly the software is. Did I mention the integration was simple and overnight?

Cons

The MailChimp tagging and integration is something to get used to but the support has been helpful.

Reasons for choosing Kindful

Price, integration capabilities (two-way with Quickbooks), and simple integration was a plus.

Reasons for switching to Kindful

We were promised so many things with the competitor and have in writing these offerings but they failed to deliver. The onboarding was a nightmare, the customer salespeople didn't know the system thus over-promising, unable to meet completion deadlines and actually had us pick a web template that is not even one they offer!! Needless to say, we are so glad to have found Kindful.

Love Kindful!

Awesome. Best of the best.

Pros

It’s the Goldilocks of CRMs. Not too big and not too small. Support is amazing and to me, that’s the clincher. So many companies tell you how good they are until you purchase and then they disappear. Kindful has always been great. All of these systems are complex and require training of users as well as setup and maintenance, but Kindful makes it as painless as possible.

Cons

I wish that there was a better way to test what recipients receive as acknowledgements. I feel like I could use them more often but I never feel 100% sure that I have it quite right.

Customer service & price

Reasons for switching to Kindful

Turns out that Excel is NOT A CRM.

Clay

Valuable Insights into Donor Care

Overall, I am happy with Kindful and the tools it provides my organization. It easy to use and my staff is not overwhelmed with using it. Their support team is top-notch and always able to help walk me through fixing an issue or answering a question.

Pros

I value our donors and I want to know how best to care for them and followup. I like the ease of use in creating new transactions and the automated reports. I like the reporting capabilities and ease of getting the data I need to manage our organization. I like that my staff finds it easy to use.

Cons

Entering a single new donor from a check takes additional steps to create the donor, then create the transaction. There is a batch tool that makes this process easier if entering multiple donations. There are some issues with reporting that make it difficult to pull everything I need. Most of these are one-off issues, but still important. I have not found the peer-to-peer tool easy enough to use where I feel confident that my donors would use it. I had to create a pdf to give to them to walk them through all the steps. I wish it had email and text message marketing built-in.

Reasons for choosing Kindful

We felt it had the most important features for the best value.

Reasons for switching to Kindful

We needed more functionality at the time (this was 4-5 years ago). I know Bloomerang has grown over the years and even now purchased Kindful, so we will see how that merge goes. I feel it could be a very good thing as both organizations have good tools to offer.

Customer Service and Powerful Updates make this an excellent CRM

We use Kindful for all our donor, sponsor and grant tracking. It has all the features of any of the competitors and has an aesthetically pleasing, easy to use interface. I love the follow up tasks option, which helps for good donors stewardship. It also recently has a Wealth Data option integrated into the software. We don't pay for the extra, but event with our minimal plan, we get a little information. It's been great for a smooth transition in staff, since it's easy to see donor giving history, relationships with other people/org, as well as contact histroy.

Pros

The customer service is INSANE. It's timely and they will work with you until theyu find a solution. Even more, many issues I've had have been resolved when they do updates. They really listen to their customers and take their feedback into mind when doing updates.

Cons

There are very limited options for customizing mail. It's a great option to be able to automatically send tax receipts, but I wish we could upload a custom header. You can upload your logo, but it appears small on the pdf.

Reasons for choosing Kindful

The price was much better for the functionality offered.

Reasons for switching to Kindful

The ability to automate tax receipts.

I use Kindful for our non-profit accounting and donor management (CRM)

Pros

Kindful is designed to be part of - not the whole of - a CRM/fund accounting strategy. The upside of this is that you are not pigeonholed into one system forever - it is designed to play nicely with other programs/systems. Once you go through the learning curve, the program is straightforward and easy to use. Customer support is fantastic for questions. I have to manually enter quite a few transactions, and it is much easier to do with Kindful than with Quickbooks. Automatic reports to my board of directors are fantastic. Also, for fund based accounting, this is much simpler to use than quickbooks - I do the math through kindful and my accountant does it through quickbooks - the information is automatically shared through the quickbooks integration. Zapier integration means you can get information in and out of kindful easily. Different price points for different organization sizes is key - a low cost entry point was a big deal for me.

Cons

Not the most intuitive layout, so takes some time getting used to, but once you do it is a very powerful tool. Looks good on a desktop, but not on iphone display. Integration with quickbooks is my main goal and is not perfect - numbers sync fine but sometimes followup is necessary to make sure the accounts/funds are credited properly. Would love to see an integration with campaign monitor for emails and a better to-do/task sharing interface (like basecamp).

Response from Kindful

Hey David, Thanks a million for the positive review! We're extremely grateful for the overwhelmingly positive comments you have about Kindful. Our main focus is being a platform that can connect to the services you need ¿ so it's a huge pat on our back to hear that you're able to use the QuickBooks and Zapier integrations to improve your accounting and database management. We also appreciate the critical feedback. Improving the QuickBooks integration is on our radar, as well as improving mobile friendliness. It's also good to know how our customers prefer to use tasks/to-do's, so that feedback is huge as well. Thanks again for the awesome review. It's very thorough and lets us in on the ways our customers are using Kindful. We're grateful to have you in the Kindful family! ¿¿ - Jared E

Replied October 2017

Catriona

Kindful has radically improved KBFPC's donor management

Pros

Customer service is outstanding - I can often find my answers in the help menu, but when I don't the email response is almost immediate and very thoughtful & thorough. There is little that I dislike about Kindful. Support during start up was personalized and authentically interested in what my needs and questions were, I didn't ever feel that I was being pitched to. It is quick and easy to set up and link with Stripe etc. Importing donor information from our previous system was very simple, but I felt that Kindful staff were ready to assist at every step if I needed. Day-to-day I get just the right amount of updates in my email inbox. Payments and new donors are quick and easy to add. The dashboard is attractive and has very relevant information. Reports are easy to generate. I have recommended Kindful to several other local agencies - and I found it myself from another local agency. Price is right for a small non-profit, too.

Cons

Pros FAR outweigh the cons! Some of the features are not completely intuitive, especially the naming and categorization of them. Sometimes I have to click on several tabs to find the feature I was looking for. Some of the "field" names do not function as I expect them to - but customer support assisted me in writing a query to fix them all at once. (it was not too problematic) I don't love the formatting for snailmailers and acknowledgements - but I haven't spent a whole lot of time trying to tweak them. I print envelopes from Kindful, and export the list of acknowledgements and mail-merge that data into a document I prepared in Microsoft Office; again, not a big deal, but I had to figure out this work-around.

Response from Kindful

Hi, Catriona! Thanks for writing such a glimmering review. It really brings us joy to see how much you've been able to benefit from Kindful's features. It sounds like your setup was really straightforward, you've had good experience with processing payments, adding contacts, and reporting, you feel good about the price, and all your needs have been answered by our support team. We are incredibly excited to hear that has been your experience. Hi-fives all around! User-friendliness is always top-of-mind around here, as we strive to make Kindful as approachable as possible. Your comments about navigating, tabs, and fields have been passed on to our product designers, as well as the comments about letter and acknowledgement templates. I'm glad you discovered a bit of a workaround in the meantime, but we'll pass all those details along to improve some functionality there. Thanks again for the feedback. We are always looking to improve! Talk to you soon, ¿ Jared

Replied August 2017

Brittany

We use it daily and it is very user friendly. Even those of us who aren't tech-savvy can 'get it'.

More streamlined than our previous interface, more user friendly.

Pros

I like the way everything is organized, Dashboard/Activities/Contacts... I like how reports can be automatic from the system straight to my email, daily. I like that once the credit card/ACH info is entered, we don't actually have access to those numbers, and helps with PCI compliance. When there is an issue, we email support and they respond promptly, within 24 hours, and are very friendly and very helpful. I love the size of Kindful, because I feel like they still take input from clients to improve their systems.

Cons

When a donor makes a donation and pays for the transaction fee, you have to go in manually and split the transaction fee from the donation. On days that we have recurring transactions come out, it takes us an incredible amount of time for us to find and go through all the transactions to manually split the transaction fees from the donation itself. That is very time consuming. I personally call donors often, and there is a way to make a 'note' on the donor's profile, however, to access the last time I called, I would need to scroll through transactions to find the last note or go out and create a report. There should be a 'note book' that I can open and see all our correspondence, no matter if the call was in 2012 or today. (Both of which I have brought up with Kindful Support, and they know it's an issue we have with the software).

Response from Kindful

Hi, Brittany! Thanks for such a great review. It sounds like you're getting a ton out of the software, and that really excites and energizes us. We love seeing our customers succeed! I really appreciate what you had to say about the size of Kindful. We really want to be personable with our customers (which includes receiving and responding to feedback!), and it sounds like you've had that experience. I also wanted you to know we've also started rolling out phone support for all customers, so you can reach our nice folks during normal business hours at (888) 854-3230. As for the transaction fee splitting and notes view, those are both great ideas that I'll pass along to our product designers. I'm hopeful we can work on those as future updates! Thanks again for writing in. Talk to you soon, - Jared

Replied August 2017

Tara

A Great Gift for a Growing Non-profit

Our donor retention has increased, our organization and capacity for communication has more than double. We love Kindful!

Pros

When we decided to implement Kindful as our donor management and CRM software, we didn't realize the gift that we were giving ourselves as an organization. Kindful has allowed us to grow and scale in a way that wasn't possible before implementation. It has given us insight and helped us with donor retention. It has reduced our workload and made growth possible.

Cons

It's such a powerful tool that it can be difficult to learn sometimes; however, compared to other tools out there, it's a beautiful interface with a much shorter learning curve.

Reasons for choosing Kindful

Ease of use, customer service, and flexibility.

Reasons for switching to Kindful

Ease of use and better interface.

Kindful