All GrowthZone Reviews

Meighan A.

An AMS that Meets all your Needs

I have nothing but positive experiences with Growthzone from my interaction with sales, to onboarding and then continued support with the support team. They are very responsive and keep an open mind to user recommendations.

PROS

The program is very appealing to the eye. Its user interface is very user friendly. The modules available provide tools to make our association run efficient and effectively.

CONS

Nothing! I love it all. I can't think of any part of the software that I dislike.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

Not user friendly. Interface outdated. Too many steps when running a report.

Tracy

Great software Great adaptability

My overall experience has been overwhelmingly positive. If we weren't able to have the staff help create a viable platform to reach our customer base it would have been very difficult to get our foundation out in the publics' eye.

PROS

What i like most about GrowthZone software is the customization. Even though we are an outlier when it came to overall usability, the staff was able to help our Foundation create a webpage and have controls that made it easier to use and navigate as compared to our previous site.

CONS

What I don't like about GrowthZone software is the complexity of some of the controls. Some controls have too many sub-levels that you have to click on to do a simple task

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

It ties into the MemberZone used by our partner foundation and it was easier to implement and the learning curve was easier.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

More customization, worth the purchase price.

Val

Reviewed March 2021

Could be great with a little work

We chose GZ because it offered us the ability to use the same company for website development and hosting and AMS system ensuring compatibility. We are very happy with the look and feel of our website and the CMS used to manage it. Our migration to GZ for the AMS side was rocky at best. Our project manager had never gone through a detailed conversion before. While she was very service oriented and nice to work with, her inexperience caused many issues. We like GZ's ability to give a good view of member activity. I like that when I am on the phone with a member, I can see their engagement, make notes, and create follow up task items. G

PROS

The user interface, look, and feel of the back end. Also like the ability to integrate with the company website to create a good member only user experience. It also has a pretty good project management system, though it desperately needs push notifications via email. The only notification it provides is a badge count on the top menu of the software. So if you are disciplined to check there, the PM works well. GZ also has a certification/continuing education component which we find valuable.

CONS

Customer support needs work. GZ is very slow to respond to issues. Many times entered tickets are not responded to (first response) for 3 or more days (I am not counting the automated message generated that the ticket was received and someone would review). And, when the "front line" or 1st level support team reaches out, frequently they aren't completely familiar with the ins and outs of the software, so the first 3 emails or 15 minutes of the call are spent teaching them how the system works. The communications functionality has a great vision, but is inconsistent and extremely buggy. It is difficult and many times impossible to send a merged email to multiple members. Members get emails or newsletters with the fields not merged properly. It feels like the database was not developed with a vision and as the software was enhanced and features added, bandaids were placed on the tables to make them work together. Field naming is inconsistent and many times not working as a true relational database. Feels like a consequence of growing quickly and not having one responsible group overseeing the programming growth. Different naming philosophy throughout different modules.

great salesman, price

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

We wanted a more robust website that was easily integrated and provided member only content capabilities.

Jodi

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2019

So many great features, user-friendly and great customer service!

GrowthZone has allowed us to automate our billing and then exports all financial data to Quick Books. Provides a very nice member area with a user forum. Also does a great job with set up and execution of our events.

PROS

That it provides all the tools we need on a daily basis and yet it is very user friendly.

CONS

Honestly, do not have a bad thing to say at this point.

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

The attention to customer support and training really was the clincher! A lot of AMS systems have similar functionality but getting help when it's needed is so crucial.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

Didn't offer the tools we needed to be effective and lack of support / training.

Nancy

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Best platform for membership management

Overall, GrowthZone has been so good for my membership and myself. The ease of use is just the best and I am so happy that I switched.

PROS

The ease of use and there are so many places to find answers to any questions that come up.

CONS

The education platform has been a struggle as it is difficult to get a CE certificate to be available to the students. The integration from my old platform (RAMCO) and GrowthZone was not as smooth as it should have been. It was very difficult to communicate with my project manager via phone or email.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

The added benefits that the membership would experience when I made the switch.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Decent software, horrible onboarding

The software itself has a great concept, however you can't be a novis to these systems to realistically get it off the ground and working properly. Once you do, it works great.

PROS

It is easy to use ONCE you are thoroughly trained. If you don't have time for tons of training, this is not the right choice for you. The public facing features are great and finding members with all their information, including what events they are attending, and if they're paid up to date, is easily accessible and easy to find.

CONS

The onboarding process was a nightmare. It took a very long time to get answers and responses. There is training but be prepared with questions in advance, the only way to get answers during onboarding is to schedule meetings. Which is very time consuming.

Features were far better than Memberclicks and Quickbooks integration

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

Memberclicks is far behind in flexibility and user experience

Jennifer, thank you for your feedback. It is true that our fast pace of growth over the last year or two did cause some delays in our ability to onboard our customers in our usual expeditious fashion. We have ramped up our staff in this area as well as refined processes to directly address these issues. We're confident that going forward this will not be a problem. Thank you for seeing it through and for holding us accountable to the high standards we built our company on. All the best!

Replied June 2022

Susan

Reviewed November 2021

GrowthZone Works

PROS

GrowthZone is so much better than the last management system we had to offer. We love it!

CONS

We wish the integration with Quickbooks was better. We have more duplication of work in our accounting department.

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

Recommendation from a friend in the real estate industry that used GrowthZone.

Nicole

Reviewed August 2023

The best investment of time, energy, and money we have made!

GrowthZone has been a huge learning curve, but a fascinating one. It has made things so much easier on the back end of all of our processes. I just said today that if I had the time I could dive in to GrowthZone and spend hours making our systems even better. There are so many options and abilities to streamline work with this system.

PROS

So many things! They are hard to name. See the previous page for specific comments.

CONS

We would like to see the events area improved some. The exhibitors section does not jive well with the sponsors. Our sponsors get free event tickets and the ability to exhibit as well. Also, the event emails show the sponsor logos looking jumbled and mismatched so we were not able to show our sponsors when using that function. (I used the email designer when we needed to show our sponsors.) The sponsor logos also look different on the event page vs. the registration page. We much prefer the format used on the registration page. Finally, it would be awesome to be able to create a landing page for an event. We tried to use the event page for that purpose, but it was hard because the description box is not like the website tool, it is very 'old school' to do graphics and text in. For our next conference we will build a web page to have it look more professional.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

We switched from a Word Press based system that our web developer had pieced together. What we had envisioned for that system to do, GrowthZone does. I wish we had migrated to GrowthZone earlier. I feel like we wasted two years struggling with something that barely met ours and our members needs unnecessarily.

Carrie

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

Perfect Solution for our Association!

I knew GrowthZone would improve the logistics of managing our association, but I have been blown away by just how much it has improved! I highly recommend this application!

PROS

I love the integration of the events and membership directory into our website. It helps me manage those two items much more efficiently. I love that I can create invoices within GZ. I love that my members can create login information, which allows me to continue to share information that is a benefit to our members.

CONS

I just wish I had more flexibility with the Email Marketing feature. It is great, but I had more flexibility with our former website provider that I miss in GZ. I also need to learn more about the Quickbooks integration.

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

I chose GrowthZone because it felt more integrated and less like a bunch of widgets pieced together. It just felt more streamlined than the other products.

Bill

Solid AMS with Good Functionality at a Very Fair Price Point

My overall experience has been great. I've worked with four AMS platforms now (five if you include Excel) and if I needed to acquire an association's first AMS, or had a straightforward membership program and needed an AMS at a very fair price point, I would 100% look to GrowthZone.

PROS

I can't really pinpoint one aspect since I'm in the software all the time, but a few include: member management/CRM, registration, reporting, and email templates/automation.

CONS

There is not as much customizability as I'd like to see, but the GrowthZone setup has pretty good options to select from and use.

Kevin

Reviewed March 2021

Can't wait to see the growth

Overall, as one of the first associations to use this program. I think it is great and has only gotten better with time and updates. I really like the time saving features this AMS has brought to our board. Initially it was a struggle for us to adopt but in over a year and a half of using GZ - It is clear I would never want to change systems.

PROS

I like the email designer and the landing page creator. It has seen many updates and I can't wait to see where it goes - I've liked all the changes so far and it makes my job easier and helps me avoid unnecessary 3rd party sources when possible. I also really think the event pages are great and it makes it easier for us to promote our classes/events.

CONS

I would say the forms - There seems to be a disconnect in some places when I am creating or editing our membership applications or surveys. There is a lot of different tabs I have to open to find what I want and sometimes the option to edit certain items seem to be completely lost to me. I like to think I'm relatively good figuring things out on a computer with a Marketing and CS degree but this is where I get lost. Would love to see the member applications and forms section get streamlined in general so it's all in one place. Also, I would love to see the website integrations get touched up a little, you can tell the difference between our page and the GZ implemented ones because it seems some elements get moved around or changed a little, but for what it is and what it adds it is really impressive!

Ashlyn

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

GrowthZone Review

GrowthZone has amazing customer service, who is always willing to answer questions and provide training materials. It's not the most modern software, but it's a place to organize all your company's functions.

PROS

I like that GrowthZone is the hub for the majority of our organization's functions. Keeping everything in one place makes it easier to manage, organize, and train.

CONS

The design seems outdated. Especially when directing our clients to the ChamberMaster Member Center, I wish there was a sleeker, more modern look. We also have not integrated our billing systems and manually updating everything so that the software communicates with other programs is a pain.

Rachel

The Software that Streamlined my Business

GrowthZone has drastically improved our productivity by streamlining our contact management, membership information and renewals, and events. Gone are our multiple spreadsheets of information and wasting time trying to hunt down information! Now it's all neatly in GrowthZone!

PROS

Before signing up with GrowthZone, we have several spreadsheets going for contact management, membership tracking, events and volunteers. Trying to coordinate and update each item took exorbitant amounts of time and allowed for far too many mistakes. Since we've been utilizing GrowthZone, productivity has been dramatically increased. We all have access to the same information whether we're in the office or remote. Team members are also able to see what communication has occurred among members and vendors so we are all on the same page. Events, membership and overall productivity have increased dramatically. Also, onboarding and support were great! The videos and live support helped clarify and reinforce what I was learning about the software. If I forget something, or get stuck, they are a few clicks away.

CONS

The only thing that I can see as a con is also really a pro as well. -This software does SO MUCH it can be hard to process and retain it all.

Emily

Reviewed August 2019

Great Management Software for Member-based Organizations

Their online training sessions are very useful and the wiki has extensive, helpful information for when I want a quick answer without calling. Onboarding new employees has been super easy with the resources GrowthZone has provided.

PROS

Central location of data and links to financial transactions/recording. I like the interfacing with email like Constant Contact and Outlook, and I like user friendly platform elements for maintaining memberships and displaying them online.

CONS

The templates are very hard to use if you want to edit them, and there are a lot of features that are not customizable. I wish there were more integrations with Google and business websites not provided/hosted by GrowthZone.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

The platform integrations and centralization of many of our day-to-day business activities was hard to resist. We also liked that we did not have to maintain the central database and the multi-user functionality.

Caitlin

User-friendly member management system

Excellent experience to date - great customer assistance and training modules. Still learning and loving the program.

PROS

The database is easy to navigate, member profiles are clear with the ability to add a lot of information, performing tasks within the database is easy. When we were in the set-up process, customizations were easily configured and GrowthZone / ChamberMaster customer assistance team were great to work with.

CONS

There are lots of reports to choose from, but reporting direct from a Member profile would be a great option.

Joanie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Newer GrowthZone User

Before GrowthZone, we did not have any customer management system so this is most helpful. We now have a place for every contact and are learning new ways to use the system frequently. The customer service is excellent and so are the teams that help get you up and running. Can't leave out the designers and people that work in the background because they make it happen. Overall very satisfied with GrowthZone. Thank you all!

PROS

My most favorite things about this software: There are so many things you can do with it. It is fairly user-friendly and if you need help, the GrowthZone team is just a online chat, phone call, or email away. I also love that they are always open to suggestions to make their product better/more user friendly. They have a dedicated space where you can make suggestions and see that they are really being read, responded to, and some of them are even put into action.

CONS

There is a lot to learn and mastery seems a while away. With that said, I believe any new software purchased takes time to learn, adjust to and master.

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

It seems to have more options/capabilities. It also seemed to be recommended by others in our industry.

Cynthia

Reviewed July 2019

Best Toolbox for Membership Organizations

Overall the software has been effective and provides efficient communications and management for our staff.

PROS

From hosting our website, management of our customized membership database, communication tools, event management, integrated payment process functions, and real time change functions for our staff and members, Chambermaster is an efficient and powerful customer service tool for our membership organization.

CONS

The need and cost to update our website is currently a concern.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

We saw Chambermaster as the industry leader for membership organization software and website hosting integration. Major factors were Increased customer service capabilities, variety of website platforms, and general efficiencies.