• Pros

• "It's easy to set up and use. Students are able to work with the app easily and the feedback from them is that it's much easier than the paper system we used before. "

• "I like that it aggregates all my data and gives me good reporting, and that it's easy to use."

• "I like the fact that this application gives me different data points to help promote community service. It also allows me to track hours easily."

• Cons

• "None, the only hard part was getting our members to WANT to use it but once they did use it and saw how great the product was they loved it. "

• "A little extra work to get the set-up correct for an entire incoming freshmen class, but after doing it once I think we've worked out most of the bugs."

• "The color scheme. To be honest, it's hard to see sometimes due to the lack of contrast. White and very light baby blue is very hard to read. "

Browse MobileServe Reviews

Antigona from AMERICANA WORLD COMMUNITY CENTER, INC.

Industry: International Affairs

Functionality at its best

Pros

The texting capabilities. you are able to reach everyone.

Cons

it needs more warmth on its platform. Have more personality dpeneding on the organization mission.

MobileServe

Overall, I think the program is good and will be sticking with it for another year. The customer service is outstanding! Because of that I was able to overcome the learning curves easily, and then help students do the same.

Pros

Online tracking is way easier than my old spreadsheet method. Having students be responsible for reporting their own hours (although with some pitfalls) was much nicer than having faculty in charge of recording and reporting hours. The personal responsibility associated with it is good for character building. Even though they occasionally made mistakes on their logs, learning to be diligent, follow up, and check afterwards is a good lesson. The analytic features, being able to easily break down hours by individual, grade, organization, etc. was great.

Cons

We found the homepage display confusing, as it displayed the total hours entered, and not approved. Students have to check the "Activity" page to see what has been verified. In many cases students would misprint an email address, hence the faculty would never see it to approve it, but the student would glance at their home screen and think they have logged it correctly. This learning curve created a few instances of confusion and negative feelings. Likewise, there were a few minor details that students needed to learn in order to submit logs correctly, like making sure they select a category, or enter the email address in the correct line. Again, this is just a learning curve issue that made it less user friendly initially.

Reasons for Choosing MobileServe

Mainly because of the small integration with Blackbaud, our school's system, and the promise of further integration in the future. I also liked the people I talked to in the company, as they seemed like a small, passionate, start up that really believed in the product.

Teresita from Belen Jesuit Preparatory School

Novice user with some advice

I enjoy the product very much. Very easy for students to download and use. I like the customer service alot. I really like how it quickly issues reports and manipulates the data.

Pros

It is very easy for students to download and use. Mobile app is pretty user friendly and simple. The photo upload is a great feature The customer service is always great. The dashboard is generally good. I enjoy how easy it is to draft a report and bring up the information I need. The student logs are easy to view and approve/disapprove, and it is great to be able to send them a message. I can now log and analyze more aspects of their service activities than just the hours served. So I have a better idea where they are going, and using the attributes i can look at some other aspects of school engagement that intersect with service.

Cons

The app is visually a bit light and hard to see the words on the phone. The words on the app is sometimes misleading. For example in the app it says "begin serving" to record an activity. That confuses my younger students as it seems like they are supposed to "check in" as they would a sign in sheet at our events. When in reality that is not the case. There is a glitch that does not allow some devices to take a full picture of a letter. It automatically crops. I would like to an option as to how the students view the overall number upon opening, Since that number reflects hours for everything. I would prefer it would only show the approved hours served within the allotted goal time frame. The dashboard could be more user friendly. There are some features that are clumsy like finding sub orgs and goals depending on the page you are in. I forget that sometimes I am within a sub-org vs in the main page of my dashboard because it looks exactly the same. So I waste time fumbling until I remember the distinction. I wish there was a better way to organize in the photos tab. Like making it searchable, sortable. Would also like to be able to assign the same goal to several sub orgs. I end up having to create so many goals per sub org and some are the same.

Reasons for Choosing MobileServe

Customer Service, experience, interface, and the mobile app itself has been around longer. I was also attracted to the openness of the company to continue developing and adapting to client needs.

Art from Mother McAuley High School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Wonderful app for tracking service

MobileServe provides a paperless system for keeping track of hours. It's been useful in giving our students a way to keep a permanent record of their service without having to keep track of loose papers. Reports for administration are easy to put together and even give visuals for them to look at.

Pros

MobileServe is a good way for us to track service hours at our high school. Students submit hours electronically and then are able to view them after graduating. This gives them a lifelong advantage. It is easy to validate service hours. The interface is straightforward and easy to understand.

Cons

It would be nice to keep sub-org information separate for each student. However we have found work-arounds that make reports manageable

Vicky from St. Monica Catholic High School

In theory this is great, but in practice it's difficult

Frustrating and difficult.

Pros

Mobile & online access was my most appreciated part, but unfortunately the mobile access backfired when it came to our largely not-tech savvy parent population.

Cons

Active reporting - when I try to print out a volunteer list for an event it does not separate it into a format that is easy to decipher -- all the info is bunched up in a strange document that does not clearly indicate who signed up for what shift, and what that person's contact phone or email is. To me it is not intuitive on the user side either. If the shift or the name of the event or the time is not recorded correctly, or the user doesn't know the name of the event they end up creating their own sign in/out, and it does not point back to the actual event they are working. Additionally when trying to print the volunteer schedule, the times of the shifts change to Eastern time. We are using this software in the Pacific time zone, and the shifts when printed change to 3 hours later. It makes it confusing and difficult. I don't believe I received adequate training on setting things up, and don't know the features available.

Jessi from The Grauer School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Excellent tool for tracking service hours

The students find the app very user-friendly and reporting hours is much easier for them now. I like that there is a way to put in volunteer shifts now with the number of volunteers needed so that students can sign up for specific time slots. The mobile app checks them in when they arrive, which is very convenient. Also, when we have events on campus, the students can sign in and out using the kiosk mode.

Pros

The customer service is excellent. The team is very responsive to our needs and to our suggestions for future upgrades. I manage the service hours for over 150 students a year. MobileServe makes it easy to track and verify hours as well as to communicate with volunteers. I love the ability to set goals and also to create reports from all the data.

Cons

The only things I wish this software had that it doesn't are: 1) The ability to attach a file to a service event. Many service opportunities require an application and I can't attach the applications to the event announcement. 2) The ability to announce/advertise an open-ending volunteering opportunity. The opportunities have to be an event or something that occurs on a recurring date. If there is an organization that has flexible hours and/or that is looking for students to volunteer over a long period of time, I can't use the event feature.

Monica from Mount St. Mary Academy

Service as you go

It has been genuinely good. It was difficult getting another administrator on as it took several months.

Pros

You do not need to remember to bring the paper. The student always has an accounting of her hours throughout her high school experience as she applies for scholarships, college, awards, and other organizations like National Honor Society. As an administrator I can give an instant accounting of the service hours and where the students did their hours.

Cons

There is no where on the app that says be sure to fill everything in or the hours will not register with the administrator. I had many snafus with making sure the number of hours that were registered with me were also the same as she had. The directions at times were confusing...

Reasons for Choosing MobileServe

I knew it was very effective as it was recommended and used by Canisius High School. I value their opinion.

Ben from YMCA of the Triangle

Incredibly useful for Volunteer Tracking

This is a fabulous program that ensures volunteers have everything they need to succeed.

Pros

I love that we can hold our team accountable through this product - it allows us to ensure everyone has access to volunteer opportunities, keep track of logged hours, and identify how our service impacts our community.

Cons

It has had several upgrades and improvements since we started - though I would say that the main issue has been lacking certain features we wished were there. All of which are probably particular to only us.

Reasons for Choosing MobileServe

MobileServe was better at accomodating all of our needs.

Josh from Catholic Central School

Mobile Serve 2018-2019 school year

Overall, it is pretty good for what we are looking for. I don't know if there are better options out there, but it offers us an easy way to track all of our students service hours and make sure they are keeping up on their requirements.

Pros

I like that I am able to track the amount of hours logged by users as a whole as well as in sub organizations.

Cons

I wish there was a way that we could clear out the service logs at the end of each year so that we can start tracking anew.

Audrey from JA

Verified Community Service

MobileServe has been the perfect tool in helping students track community service quickly and efficiently.

Pros

This software is easy for students and faculty to install and use on the go. Finally, there is a way to verify community service without having to record on paper and turn in. Students are motivated by being able to keep track of their hours in a few quick steps.

Cons

As an administrator, it is hard to find exactly the data that I am looking for. There are lots of options, but sometimes too many to search through for exactly what I want.

Elena from Brentwood School

Love MobileServe

My overall experience has been really good. The support system at MobileServe is wonderful. The tech that I work with is very responsive, and extremely helpful. When I need to know something new (i.e. reports), the tech will send me a video and walk me through it step by step. MobileServe has made this part of my job so much easier. I so happy that we were introduced to Mobileserve.

Pros

It's easy to work with. I love that students can get supervisor signatures on site, or that they can email their supervisor requesting approval, and Mobileserve will send the supervisor and email for approval. I use to have to do all the entries myself, now with Mobileserve students are responsible for their own entries. It has saved me a lot of time, and my time is now used with just simply verifying student service entry. Mobileserve has made this part of my job a lot easier, and more efficient.

Cons

What I don't like is that you cannot tell when a student has a new entry. You have to go into each of the students records to see if a new entry was entered. What I would like to see, is when a new entry is entered, it should have a flag informing you that a entry has been submitted. This would save time from having to go into each individuals students records looking for new entries.

Mary Ellen from Sacred Hearts Academy

Mobile Serve and Service Projects for Middle and High Schoolers

No business problems, just getting used to the system and the challenge to train my 11 and 12 year old's who have to call or text parents to have them set up the account - takes time. The high school students have no problem, they can set up their own accounts with parental help.

Pros

Number 1: I like the ease that students can log in their service hours by either taking a photo of the place they served, or having an adult supervisor sign their name on the student's cell phone or having the student send the supervisor a verification form that just needs a click an automatically logged in. Number 2: as a teacher I have easy access to verify student's service it's at my fingertips. Number 3: Alleviates a "paper trail," which is what I had to use; now, I am paperless. Number 4: Expert help was always available and responsive in a timely manner.

Cons

Number 1: I work with 7th graders who are 11 or 12 years old and they need parental consent, first. I understand the policy, however, a mother e-mailed me she did not want to give her social security number to Mobile Serve. This was one experience - she waited until her daughter turned 13 (in April) and could set up her account on her own. Another "negative" is the system does not allow me to check the same student multiple times, that is, when I log into a student's account to check for verification of her service, I check, then want to check her other services, but I am out of her account and have to go to the beginning where all students are listed and click on her name to check for the next service. I don't have the liberty to stay on the same person and scroll and check her other services.

Jared from YMCA Metro Atlanta

MobileServe Reflection

Fantastic option to utilize our volunteer tracking.

Pros

I like most that it gives an economic value to the volunteering that people do and provides a beautiful graphic to display to others when sharing information about your volunteer impact. I also really like the breakdown of volunteer options for each user.

Cons

I think the event creator for volunteering is clunky and could be more user-friendly. I also wish that there was a notification function via the mobile app that I could approve hours. I also would like to see an economic value calculator or option for the type of volunteer work that is being done ex. a volunteer nurse has a greater economic value than a volunteer teen.

Oscar from Reicher Catholic High School

Basic Program but meets my needs

I would say my overall experience has been good but there needs to be improvements to the website and dashboard. The app and the website is a basic program. It would help me a lot if there was a "admin" app to work from on my phone.

Pros

I like the ability to be able to monitor the hours in one single location.

Cons

There is not an easy way of switching from one record to another. I have brought this up with the software team about 8 months ago. They mentioned it will be fixed over the summer and still have not see any improvements. If a character or word is left in the search field, it does not go away unless you delete it. If I was not aware of the program, it would stay there until I ask for help. On the main website, they have a "chat" feature but it is not manned 24 hrs a day. Therefore, what is the purpose of the chat function. It would be nice that when the users enters hours on the app, that all fields be required or it can not be submitted. I have had many troubles with students not entering all the information such as category, supervisor names, supervisor's email, etc. If the student does not enter category, then I as the admin is not able to see the entry.

Raymond from Schools of the Sacred Heart San Francisco

User Friendly & Effective

Overall, the experience is positive and the software works well. The team who updates and maintains the software are very responsive and helpful.

Pros

The mobile app is flexible and user friendly. It allows for multiple ways to verify service. The one feature that needs modifying is the limit on the on the number of hours service. Currently it's 20. To get around this one goes to his/her online account via a computer to edit the activity. MobileServe also offers sub-organizations as a way to organize groups and editable categories for different areas of service.

Cons

The limit an administrator has to changing content on a user's account. A school administrator cannot change a student account for accuracy. The student needs to do this and students do not always follow through. So, having access to account while an individual is associated with the organization would be an improvement. Also, MobileServe does not work with Naviance, the system used in the college admissions process. This would be helpful as most schools use this service and adding one's service profile to Naviance is an important step in the process.

Ladona from Marshall County Schools

Quick and easy communication with groups and individuals!

The students can take it with them and be accountable to get the signatures and keep a running log of their hours. I did miss emails sometimes to go in an sign-off as an advisor for some of the students and it threw them behind on knowing how many hours counted for them. We did get a bit better over time with them reminding me.

Pros

Having the students to be organized and accountable on the spot with their Community Service hours is fantastic! Being able to keep in contact with so many people in so many different places at one time, ease of use, and user-friendly updates from our suggestions are all fantastic.

Cons

Getting the students to consistently use it to track their hours and would love a quick-high school friendly tutorial within the app. so they could learn how to use it quickly.

Ashley from Mercy High School

Great, but a few ideas

Pros

- The app is so easy for the students to use. - I love being able to set goals. - This saves so much time compared to having to input all of their information into a spreadsheet.

Cons

- It would be nice to create a report & save the parameters, so I don't have to run and edit reports over and over again. - It would be helpful if the Bulk Create had a drop down list of the students within the organization so I could just go down the list and check the students it applied to instead of having to key in each name. - Allow the option of putting multiple dates, or a range of time, for a service entry - Allow admins to add locations that their students use regularly. - It would be nice if, when viewing a submitted service activity, I could click their name and be taken to their account so I can confirm that they already haven't received credit for that event. - It would be nice if the home screen that the students see could include their active goal totals instead of their overall total. I had a lot of problems with students thinking that they had completed their hours for the year since it was the total and not the hours from the goal they were working on. - It would also be nice if the end date of the goal showed up on the goal tracker. - Would it be possible to have the date a specific goal ends, but allow the admin to set an later date that they can input hours? For example: there are always a few students who turn their remaining hours in late. So though they are due on say Dec 7, I take late hours until finals. I would prefer not to change the date for all students, but I do need to be able to add late hours so they show up in the goal report.

Kate from St. Luke's School

Overall a good product

Overall, it has reduced my workload considerably by having the recording of hours done through the app. The only problem is that there are too many students submitting incomplete records and thinking that they're done with their part of it when they're not. Having said that, when I do reach out to MobileServe, they are quick with a response and have promptly addressed most issues.

Pros

Cons

I wish that certain fields (such as the name of the organization served and the verification information for the supervisor) could be required but because that can't be customized by school we haven't been able to get that feature. This means that many students log in hours without including any source of verification which means I need to track down those students and instruct each one on how to fix the problem. Also, when they log in they see the hours that they've recorded, not the hours that have been approved which is misleading for them.

Kari from Mercy Academy

This has streamlined so much for our service program.

It allows us to begin tracking our students' service experiences from their very first day at our school until their last four years down the road. I especially appreciate what it allows us to track with our multi-faceted senior level semester long projects.

Pros

I appreciate that Mobile Serve listens to our concerns and actively works to update the functionality of the app. It has grown so much in the short time we've used it!

Cons

There are some features with sorting that could be improved, but otherwise, anytime we've had a suggestion they have been more than willing to work with us to either find a solution as is or to adapt the program to suit our needs.

Justin from Notre Dame of Maryland University

It works well and easy enough to navigate.

Pros

Out of all of the service hour tracking systems available, MobileServe had the most options. It has a sleek interface the translates well to mobile devices. There are several ways for uses to verify their service hours. Running reports is relatively easy.

Cons

You cannot create user accounts yourself, all endusers need to register and add an organization code. When dealing with hundreds of users, it can be pretty frustrating trying to get all of the users to follow all of the steps to register properly. If they gave admins the option to upload a user spreadsheet like most other systems I use, this would be so much easier. I really would also like the ability to remove users from the organizations if they change status or leave.

Andres from Cathedral High School

Review by Cathedral High School

I really like Mobile Serve. It's nice and easy to use. I believe this is the third year we have been using this program.

Pros

What I most like about Mobile Serve, is that I can download how many hours the students did into an excel document. This makes it easier for me to count and add up, when I need to inform religion teachers on how many hours each student has.

Cons

What I don't like is that the excel document in which I download all the hours that the students did, does not arrange the students by alphabetical order, I have to do that my self. I also don't like the fact that students can go back and log hours that they did in the past. This makes it difficult for me because our students are supposed to do certain hours of service every 9 weeks, but if they go back in time and add hours in the past, then that throws off my counting.

Dustin from Greater Kingsport Family YMCA

MobileServe

It's an added hastle to have to track all volunteer hours manually, so why not give that responsibility to the volunteer and that saves SO much time for the coordinator of the event/program. Customer Service has always been great and I love that it all started as an idea in the YMCA! I have suggested it to numerous facilities and organizations to help track their volunteers! :)

Pros

The ability to have the volunteers track their own hours and the verification processes. Attaching location, adding photos, signature feature, and the email. Very helpful there are options!

Brandon from Mercy Academy

MobileServe Review

Overall, a very useful product. Some students complain about usability, however, after some additional help all are perfectly fine.

Pros

Cons

Some of the functionality could be improved. Incorporating a legend for the various symbols one encounters could also be helpful. Having the ability to export data into a spreadsheet by groups could also prove highly useful.

Summer from Metro Christian Academy

Game changer for the management of service hours required for graduation

Very customer oriented and responsive. And very affordable considering the time saved!

Pros

Before I collected hundreds of services hour records and logged and filled them. Now the students record their time and I approve it. They can see where they are at in terms of meeting graduation requirements. It super easy to use.

Cons

I would love it if the service categories would report the total number separately on the home page. But I can still see that in service resume.

Jillian from Bishop England High School

It's easier to track service at our school

Overall, I like it, because it's made it possible to track service in our school! I hope that users are offered more flexibility so that we can configure it in a way that will save us time.

Pros

Students and faculty can easily put in entries when they do service, and we can easily verify it through email.

Cons

Going through entries and approving or rejecting entries is a pain! I wish that you could have required fields. For example, I wish that users had to put in an email address in order for MobileServe to accept an entry. I also wish that I could choose how to organize the entries, and that it would stay like that. I also hate that you have to choose a category in order to reject or accept an entry. These things seem small, but they add up, and make using it much more time-consuming that we'd predicted!

Kelsey from Alpha Sigma Alpha - Theta Upslion

Easy to integrate, easy to understand regardless of level of abilty with technology

More participation from the members and more desire from members to log their hours and activities

Pros

How much it simplified everything for the philanthropy chair from dashboard to reports. It made calculating totals and ensuring members were reaching their goals 10 times easier. It allowed for me as the philanthropy chair to monitor over time rather than checking every six months as we had done prior to the product. Being able to monitor in real time allowed for me to connect with members who might not have been reaching their goals.

Sarah from Kentucky Country Day School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

MobileServe helps me keep our students' community service organized

MobileServe has made it easy for me to track community service hours for 300+ students. Reports are much easier to generate now so I can push out data quickly to my administrators. We will keep using MobileServe!

Pros

1. It's easy for our students to use when logging their hours. 2. When I have questions, I simply email customer service and get a reply within 24 hours, if not sooner. They're also great about phone support.

Cons

Purging students is a pain. The MobileServe team has said they're working on it, so I look forward to their solution!

Kyle from Mater Dei High School

MobileServe for School Environment

Our overall experience with MobileServe has been awesome. Support has been quick via email and phone calls and MobileServe has always been willing to help and hear us out. Thank you so much MobileServe, we hope to continue our partnership and grow with you guys for many more years to come!

Pros

I like the ease of use of the MobileServe App on our students iPad's and the customization abilities as a MobileServe administrator on the back-end. This has helped us eliminate stacks of paper that required manual entry into a spreadsheet for 2000+ students. Thank you MobileServe.

Cons

The initial registration process for students was a little cumbersome as it required a code sent via email. Students tried to register without the email (which worked) but it didn't place them in a grade level, then they would go through their email to register and the system would say the account was already created under that email. Not a big issue as most students followed directions and registered using the initial email sent to them by MobileServe.

Kate from St. Mary's High School

A good product that could be great

We appreciate having the ability to track service hours through the app, and even with its limited reporting, the program is far superior to a spreadsheet. MobileServe is a good program that with a few added features could be great.

Pros

The interface is straightforward and fairly intuitive. The infographics give a quick view of our groups' performance towards their service goals.

Cons

The reporting functions leave much to be desired. Though the infographics look nice, they only provide a limited view of the data, and we have not found a way to access more advanced reporting. The approval process for supervisors is also somewhat uneven as the system-generated e-mails don't always seem to reach the supervisor.

Grace from Apollo High School/ KY YMCA

Through the KY YMCA, I have utilized MobileServe as a tool to log hours for Y-Corps. I love it!

I am able to track all my community service and access it at any time. I also love that I can share my service stories!

Pros

I love that it is easy to access my community service involvement. My most favorite thing about this software is the story telling involved. I love that I can go back and look at stories of service. Pictures included are also a great plus! I love that I can share pictures of service, rather than gloating them on social media.

Cons

I feel that it can be timely. I find myself in a habit of "stocking" my hours and submitting them all at one time for the week or month. I also wish there was a way to go back and plug in pictures from service.

Kevin from Fairfield Prep

MobileServe pros and cons

There is a lot of responsibility being placed on one member of our school to log all the hours now and it has altered the relationship our students have with their service supervisors: MobileServe and the constant updating has made their experience feel much more transactional and cumbersome to the supervisors than our older pen and paper system. But, transparency and thoroughness seem to win out!

Pros

I do like that our boys need to log all of their hours consistently, they have to seek approval every week and there is a way to track them in an up-to-date manner. I think the team that runs the site is very helpful and responds quickly to requests. There are a reasonable amount of options that are helpful for our students and different ways to log their hours.

Cons

I dont like that we cant track the hours easily In a manner that is useful to our schools service requirement (hours, visits and consistency are all important to us and we need to do a lot of the leg work ourselves after the initial log)

Jeff from Bishop Chatard High School

MobileServe

Pros

Relatively easy to use and track totals for each graduating class as well as the entire high school.

Julie from Oaks Christian School

Service Hour Tracking is Easy

It's been the easiest way to track and verify volunteer hours that our institution has ever used.

Pros

I liked seeing the service hours for each of the students all on one screen, hours for each calculated for me. Having verification from the event where they served documented where they served by having the event organizer sign/email and even the place for a picture. I also really liked that I could leave comments of encouragement for each user when they recorded volunteer hours.

Cons

Software was not intuitive, spent quite a bit of time trying to figure it out on my own before having to go to the software administrator at our site, where he showed me how to get to the "Dashboard" first, then go to "users" then how to navigate around to approve hours. It seems to me that the "Dashboard" screen should be what a user comes to first when logging in, as that is the whole reason we are using the program.

Lauren from Brebeuf

I used this app to log hours for classes and it was easy to use

I got an easy way to log service hours that kept me up to date with my progress. It was really accessible and the app helped me regulate my time and see how much longer I have until I reached my goal. I also found that the app was well received by the people I was volunteering with and overall I really enjoyed using it.

Pros

I like the simple set up, and the easy ways to log the hours. Getting a signature and adding a geotag were useful additions that helped my overall experience.

Cons

Sometime the software would glitch or the signature on the mobile phone wouldn't work right and that was frustrating but it was nothing major.

Gary from Eden Christian Academy

Mobile Serve has taken our community service program to a whole new level!

Pros

As the director of our school's community service program, I find the ease-of-use to be excellent. Students appreciate the ability to log hours right from their phones - and even post pictures of their service experience. I like the real time response; students can know their up-to-date service hours totals as fast as they can check a text message! I love the reports that can be produced from the admin side. The communications features are nice too; I can push out a service opportunity for my students (and receive responses) at any time with one entry on my dashboard

Cons

Honestly, most of the bugs were in the first few months of launching Mobile Serve in our school and support always responded quickly to my help requests. The only thing I can think of now is that there is no current way to archive sub groups - though I've heard they're working on it.

Easy to Use Volunteer Service Tracking System

MobileServe has been very open to my suggestions and ideas as they continue to develop their product. I have been happy with it.

Pros

I appreciate the clean layout and accessible search features offered by MobileServe. I find it very easy to search data by user name and filter it by dates. I have over 200 users I keep track of, so this software makes it easy.

Cons

I do not like that, at this time, I cannot edit user profiles myself but have to contact Customer Service and have them do it. They are always helpful about doing it, but I'd rather have the ability to do it myself.

High School use of Mobile Serve

It has overall been a positive move. It makes performing service hours quite easier.

Pros

I liked that it really helps me save time and gives me an accurate account of where everyone stands with hours in each class. I do like the Dashboard.

Cons

When I check the students hours I have to remember to make sure I put in the starting date. One of my teachers cannot get into mobile serve to check her students. No one has been able to assist us. Some of the student have difficulty in linking their hours to my dashboard.

Rachel from Seattle Prep

Mobile Serve Review

Pros

I like that Mobile Serve is willing to work with me to make changes or adapt the product to my needs. Mobile Serve has great customer service and is pretty intuitive to use.

Cons

I don't like how setting up new accounts in the system works. I also would love to be able to select which fields I want to pull in reports.

Cortney from Columbus State University

MobileServe has changed the game for us!

The customer service that I have experienced while working with MobileServe has been top-notch! I would recommend that to anyone tracking service hours!

Pros

This software is extremely user-friendly for our students, Community Partners, and system administrator.

Cons

The lack of an ability to make certain fields of the entries required for our students.

Chris from Pacifica Christian Orange County

An excellent way to track service hours

It's been a great platform, and I look forward to it improving with time!

Pros

Cons

It needs to be easier to post events, and find local events to share them. You have the data, make it available to share with our users with one click of a button.

Karen from Verbum Dei High School

High School Service Hour Tracking

Pros

We were able to greatly decrease paperwork in our office while also making it harder for students to falsify service hours.

Cons

We wish there was a little more flexibility or options in terms of accepting service hours. For instance, we require all freshmen to do a certain type of service each quarter (e.g. serve the homeless). So if they do another type of service (e.g. tutor children) we can't accept it because we don't want it to count towards what's required that quarter. However, we wish could "partially" accept it or something, so that it could count towards a different total that they could then use/reference when applying for scholarships and such.

Terri from Ursuline Academy St. Louis

Great addition to our program!

Pros

This software is user-friendly for our clientele and can be tailored to the needs of our specific organization. The customer service we have received has been outstanding. They are attentive, responsive, listen to our needs and go the extra mile to meet our requests.

Cons

I honestly dont have any concerns about this software.

Lyndsey from Alpha Sigma Alpha

MobileServe is great for keeping track of service opportunities and hours that you have completed!

With MobileServe, I don't have to write down my service hours or try to think back and count hours. It's all in one place for me.

Pros

I like that all of my volunteer information is in one place and I can keep track of how many hours of service I have completed without having to think back to the last few months every time I need to know how much service I have done.

Cons

I need to complete a number of service hours per semester, so the only thing that I don't like about MobileServe is that each semester I can't set a date to count my hours from. My home screen shows me all of the hours I've ever completed, so if I need to see how many I've completed each semester, I have to go the activity log and count the hours between two dates rather than being able to click on certain semesters and seeing how much I completed in that time period.

David from Gonzaga College High School

MobileServe Feedback

We are improving our tracking of service hours in our community.

Pros

MobileServe is very user friendly. It did not take very long to master the different features. The customer support is also a pro.

Cons

There are a few features that would help our staff take more advantage of this tool.

Jonet from Choosewell

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Very easy to keep track of hours love it

Keeping track of all activity

Pros

Very easy to keep track of volunteer hours. It's great to see how many hours I have put in.bi really enjoy the site.

Cons

Click in and out to put in Al the volunteer hours I have done. I would like to click once and put as many hours as at once

Katy from Oaks Christian High School

Overall my experience has been great!

Pros

Mobile Serve is pretty user friendly and intuitive

Cons

Difficult to find group members even when group code is given

Nicole from UofL Chi Omega

We Are #Blessed

MobileServe is heaven-sent. We've struggled with recording and organizing all our philanthropy, service, and study hours for years -- we had even given up some of our service goals just because it was impossible to keep track -- but then MobileServe came along. Just minutes into the the pitch, we were sold. It's become our one-stop shop. We use it for all our events, so all the information is in one place, people can RSVP, and it automatically sends reminders. We log everything on there too. Instead of using Google Documents that people always forget to update, everyone logs their service or study hours right then and there. Plus, we ask everyone to geo-verify so we can keep people accountable. We just got started with MobileServe a month or two ago, so all 150+ chapter members are still getting the hang of it, but we've already seen so much improvement. We could not recommend it more strongly. In terms of administration, the company is always developing and adding features, and they have been really receptive to our needs. They have made sure that we figure everything out. Mobile-Serve is a great company, through and through. 10/10 Would Recommend.

Pros

You can log and organize almost anything!

Cons

Some features are still being developed.

Brad from Defiance College

MobileServe has allowed me to track my students hours and to empower them to take responsibility.

Pros

I like how easy the software is accessible and that students can use them on any devices. One of my favorite features is the photo upload. I have been able to see the students in action.

Cons

They are still updating the software to continue to make it easier to use, but sometimes it is not as easy to navigate as I would like. They are very helpful if you have any issues.

Stacia from Bishop Noll Institute

MobileServe is a Lifesaver!

MobileServe has made my life much easier! It is a great way to record and save student community service records in a secure manner. Very user friendly for students and allows them to record completed hours immediately upon rendering service.

Pros

No more paperwork for recording student service hours. Access to a "service resume" when students need a formal document for scholarships or other applications.

Cons

It is a little challenging to navigate when you first get started (as an administrator). Finding all settings items (i.e. Student Code) is hard for students to navigate on an iPad or smart phone.

Sr. Carmen from Our Lady of Lourdes Academy

User-friendly Mobile Serve app

Pros

MobileServe is a wonderful tool for those who desire to log hours of service. It is practical since it can be used on a mobile device or on a desktop computer. It is easy to use and very convenient for supervisors to verify the submissions of their volunteers. Because of the geo stamp and supervisor verification, the app assists those approving hours to determine the validity of the submissions. I especially love that the app gives users the ability to download reports that they can use for scholarships and internships.

Cons

It would be helpful if the app was more like the website in its ability to log service hours that exceeded 24 hours, such as mission trips or weekly commitments.