What are MonkeyPod users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using MonkeyPod software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like the helpful hints and the quick access to support. I feel important and connected to a company who cares."
  • icon"By far, the best feature of MonkeyPod is the incredible and personalized customer support."
  • icon"I feel that they not only listen to our organization's needs, but they really care about helping us to make data-based decisions to more successfully serve our community."
  • icon"MonkeyPod doesn't currently support contra accounts, although that might change."

Browse all MonkeyPod Reviews

• Have you used MonkeyPod and would like to share your experience with others?

Stratton

MonkeyPod is Engineered Smartly and Supported Lovingly

MonkeyPod staff is very quick to hand-hold its users through training and integration in the most supportive way I've ever experienced from any similar system.

Pros

MonkeyPod allows me to manage many aspects of our nonprofit organization in one place, rather than disparate spreadsheets. At the core, it's a CRM / Donor-Management system, but the fact that it integrates budgeting, forecasting, bookkeeping, fundraising, invoicing, and grant administration makes it a very powerful tool for any nonprofit arts organization or business association.

Cons

As a new user, I am simply in awe of the features MonkeyPod boasts and have not yet found areas that are lacking. Not to say that I won't as I integrate the system across all of our management areas, but for now it's really going above and beyond what I expect from a CRM or Donor Management system.

Response from MonkeyPod

Thank you Stratton! We're thrilled to hear you're finding MonkeyPod so useful. We look forward to hearing any feedback as you deploy more and more components over time.

Sara

December 2021

MonkeyPod is the easiest financial platform a non accountant can master

Overall MonkeyPod is the easiest financial program I have used. The CRM management is useful and comprehensive. Thank you letters are easy to create using the Fundraising Reports from MonkeyPod and Word.

Pros

Monkey Pod is very simple to use and even if you are not a professionally trained accountant you can run financial reports with ease and compare each year to the prior year at the touch of a button. You can scan your invoices and save them in MonkeyPod with the check number and payee so all your information is in one spot if you need to refer back to it. The support is incredible, questions are answered the same day and the support team works with you until the problem is solved. They donʻt send you a link to watch a video and figure it out on your own like so many other companies do, they talk to you and suggest solutions and follow up with you to make sure itʻs resolved.

Cons

We are a performing arts venue so a ticketing module that includes a season ticket and flexpass option as well as single tickets would make my life complete. Overall, building an email campaign is a really easy but you do have to delete the suggested template pieces before you can build a new campaign. The best thing to do is make your own templates and save them, but for each new template you make you will have to delete a bunch of suggestions.

Reasons for switching to MonkeyPod

MonkeyPod is geared more towards non-profit accounting Vendini ceased to exist

Ruth

July 2022

Great Solution for Nonprofits

The customer support is unparalleled.

Pros

I use MonkeyPod for nonprofit bookkeeping for several clients and it gets the job done.

Cons

There are learning curves with everything, but I haven't encountered any hurdles with this software that weren't surmountable.

Response from MonkeyPod

Thank you, Ruth! Nonprofit bookkeepers are a critical part of the MonkeyPod community. We're grateful for your support!

Replied July 2022

LaShundra

Industry: Individual & Family Services

March 2022

Best accounting interface ever!!!!

I am very fond of this program since we have been to implement the product

Pros

I enjoy the user friendly interface! I like the helpful hints and the quick access to support. I feel important and connected to a company who cares.

Cons

Nothing at this time, I hope we could implement tracking volunteer hours and program data like clients being served etc

Reasons for choosing MonkeyPod

The price, the ease of use, the key features to meet our accounting needs

Reasons for switching to MonkeyPod

Price increases every year, poor customer service, long wait to get support help, errors in 1099 each year

Response from MonkeyPod

Thanks so much, LaShundra! Glad it's working so well for you.

Monica

March 2022

Awesome bookkeeping for non profits and friendly and knowledgeable customer service

Loving it.

Pros

I love the clean user face and also the ability to track grants.

Cons

I do not have any cons. Whenever I had a question during on boarding, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was patient and helpful. She usually had the answer and if she did not she would find it and get back to me really quickly.

Reasons for switching to MonkeyPod

The bookkeeping is made for non profits and is so much better than Quickbooks.

Response from MonkeyPod

Thanks so much, Monica! Capterra redacted the name of the "patient and helpful" MonkeyPod colleague but we're pretty sure we know who you're talking about and we agree! :) Glad to hear the switch is going well.

Elizabeth

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Incredible Comprehensive Platform

As a small non-profit with a small budget MonkeyPod has saved us a ton of money over the stand alone software we needed to maintain for CRM, accounting, and fundraising. With all of our employees working remotely the fact that we can all have shared real-time access to our accounting and financial statements is extremely helpful and increases our overall productivity. The customer service with MonkeyPod has been phenomenal. They are incredibly responsive to our needs, have accepted feature requests, and have been available to help us with every aspect of our transition.

Pros

Everything about MonkeyPod works like magic. It is entirely integrated, allowing us to have our accounting, CRM, and fundraising tools all in one place, which has made us work more effectively, more efficiently, and with far fewer frustrations. When we accept donations the donation is automatically recorded (correctly!) in the accounting log, a contact is either created and/or linked to the donation, and the donor is automatically sent a thank you tax receipt that we were able to customize to reflect our organization. This has saved our small organization countless hours of work since we no longer have redundant data entry into separate accounting and CRM softwares. Unlike QuickBooks, MonkeyPod is REAL non-profit accounting software so now our reports actually follow non-profit accounting guidelines. MonkeyPod also has a simple, straightforward, integrated to-do list, called "Action Items" that you can use to track workflow. The list allows you to share items with co-workers, comment on the items, attach relevant documents, and consolidate project work in one central location.

Cons

The CRM is not as robust as something like Sales Force or Raiser's Edge but it seems to be under active development and they are adding new features all the time.

Joy

Best Customer Support!

Pros

By far, the best feature of MonkeyPod is the incredible and personalized customer support. No CRM is perfect, and we all get frustrated, so having the support team that truly listens and actively helps you through any issue is golden! Monkeypod approaches data management and accounting software in a way that no other system does - with the nonprofit organization and arts administrators in mind. They created something that works with all the directions and nuances of my arts organization.

Cons

Any CRM transition is challenging, but Monkeypod held my hand and helped manage my expectations for the process. Understanding the set-up/transition timeline from the very start would be helpful. To know if a phased in approach is best for your organization (start using one area/feature at a time) or if you can input all and take off running. Because accounting is directly integrated, which is a GREAT feature, it can be challenging to wrap your head around the big picture, but once you do, it is SO worth it.

Reasons for choosing MonkeyPod

Integration of accounting/budgeting with donor management. Cost was affordable for our organization.

Response from MonkeyPod

Thanks, Joy! So glad to know you're having a good experience. That's great feedback about clarifying the transition process and timeline. That's something that varies from organization to organization, so we're still working out how best to communicate expectations.

Julie Ann

December 2021

This tool grows more and more valuable to us.

The main problem with MonkeyPod is one that we would have with any tool--namely, the reluctance of some of our staff and Board members to take the time to learn a new tool. They want to cling to the old way of doing things, since this is easier on them, but by not taking a tougher line on transitioning we are missing out on the benefits for which MonkeyPod was chosen. I hope that's a temporary situation.

Pros

I have been very pleased with the responsiveness of MonkeyPod staff whenever I have had a question or concern. I feel that they not only listen to our organization's needs, but they really care about helping us to make data-based decisions to more successfully serve our community.

Cons

Using email addresses as IDs for entities (customer, donor) leads to duplicate records when the same person interacts with us via more than one email address. There are workarounds, but occasionally there is confusion. I would also like to use contra accounts--for example, to subtract discounts and refunds from our ticket data right there in the income section, instead of treating those more as expenditures. MonkeyPod doesn't currently support contra accounts, although that might change.

Reasons for choosing MonkeyPod

Generally, the other tools were way out of our price range.

Reasons for switching to MonkeyPod

Trying to reduce the number of tools and duplicate entry.

Chantal

The Joys of an Integrated System

I love MonkeyPod and I love the people behind it. It's a smart tool for small organizations and for arts administrators who are artists first and administrators second. In all of my interactions with the company, I have felt heard, understood, and supported. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Pros

I switched from a very basic accounting system, no CRM, and lots of spreadsheets to having an integrated system where I can track our balances, make budgets that update in real time, and search for anyone we have worked with over the years. I love the easy-to-use mailing lists and the infinite ways they can be segmented. I can stress enough how much time (an irritation) MonkeyPod has already saved me. Plus, the onboarding process was thorough, hugely helpful, and it was even FUN!

Cons

On my wish list would be easily customizable mailing list sign-up forms (right now, creating a sign-up form requires writing code, which I don't know how to do and don't want to learn), and more customizable fundraising pages (à la Donorbox) with payment forms that can be embedded on a website. I also hope we'll eventually be able to file 1099s directly from MonkeyPod.

Garry

Life Saving

So far so good. I have been able to figure out things on my own at my own speed and also with expert guidance from the staff. If there is a question or a function that can't be explained.... give it a few days and we will find out. I don't have enough time to play in the software is really the only complaint.

Pros

The fact that I was able to consolidate multiple software programs into one location with so many functions and for a fraction of the cost. Even if I was paying the over $100,000 annual income price, I would still be paying less than I was for the other services which were frustrating at best. For data-minded individuals, the amount of reporting and grouping and classifiying that can be done with such ease is astounding.

Cons

I wish I could sell tickets to my performances, that is the last application I would need to integrate.

Reasons for switching to MonkeyPod

the price point and the features

Camille

MonkeyPod is a great tool for small nonprofits.

Pros

The product is simple to use and integration with banking saves so much time importing or inputting information.

Cons

It takes a little time to learn how to manually input certain types of transactions, like credit card processing fees when they are taken out of a donation.

Reasons for switching to MonkeyPod

All the tools I needed were integrated in one place and it was less expensive.

Response from MonkeyPod

Thank you, Camille! We can definitely work on improving our Knowledge Base documentation for more unusual transactions.

Sterling

February 2022

Excellent CRM!

Pros

Our organization primarily relies on the CRM , which is slick. It's nice to know that email and accounting services are right at our fingertips when we need them!

Cons

We're still exploring the email templates, which could require some adjusting if you're switching from another platform.

Response from MonkeyPod

Thanks, Sterling!

MonkeyPod