What are Novi AMS users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Novi AMS software through verified user reviews

• icon"Onboarding team made the process seamless. Help center is beyond helpful and thorough."
  • icon"The clean and easily digestible, super user-friendly interface."
  • icon"Because of the connection with Quick Books, Constant and the ease for our members to use it has been a win-win for our association."
  • icon"There have been a few functions we have lost with having to use QBO versus QB desktop."
  • icon"Whenever there is a feature I don't like, it is usually fixed within a few months. Novi is constantly listening to its customers, and innovating."
  • icon"Through no fault of Novi AMS itself, there are some things we had to find workarounds for because of the very specific needs of our organization."

Browse all Novi AMS Reviews

• Have you used Novi AMS and would like to share your experience with others?

Rhonda

Time Saver

Novi AMS is truly designed for the unique world of associations. Onboarding was simple and the staff is incredibly helpful. You can actually talk to a real person! I can't imagine​ ever moving away from Novi AMS.

Pros

Novi AMS is such a huge time saver for me and my team! Unlike having multiple programs and spreadsheets to complete daily activities such as event registrations, membership types, website, accounting, etc-Novi is a one-stop-shop​! With Novi AMS, adding a new member is a one-place entry! No more multiple sites and excel files to update! Using this software has freed up​ time for us to focus on the impactful aspects of our jobs.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind! Once I sat in on the demo of Novi, I was sold!

Easy of use and pricing

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

I was tired of spending my day repeating actions across multiple platforms. I was ready for no-workarounds​!

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you, Rhonda! We've loved having you and the AAN team and look forward to many years of continued partnership and success. Thank you for all your great ideas. Keep them coming!

April 2022

Fanatical customer service. Perfect fit for a hybrid professional organization.

We are a hybrid professional organization with a mix of individual and corporate members.  We went live with Novi in Dec 2021.  1. AMS selection process: exceptional.  [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team were exceptionally open, transparent, patient, and diligent when answering our questions, providing us with demos, and ensuring that we had an accurate grasp of Novi's capabilities during our AMS selection process.  Our selection process narrowed down to 4 finalists and Novi was a late and uncertain entry but ended up finishing at the top of the pack with a significant advantage. 2. AMS implementation and onboarding: Fantastic.  Novi managed the entire project via Asana and our team became part of that Asana project with all milestones, deadlines and deliverables clearly marked.  Novi's team stayed on task and on time and our implementation slipped by only 2 weeks from an original estimate of 3 months.  The slippage was mostly on us and due to Thanksgiving holidays falling near the end and our staff taking time off.  Exellent project management and leadership from Novi's team. 3. Early support: Naturally shortly after the implementation there is a lot of need for hand-holding.  Novi's team excels at that.  Novi's documentation and online help are excellent and more often than not we were able to self service. 4. Life on Novi: it won't come to surprise to anyone that there will be things you can't accomplish on any system the way you want to accomplish them.  With that being said Novi's tea

Pros

Novi does not try to do too many things inside one system. It focuses on member management and transactions, events, and ease of integrations with other best of breed systems. This allows us to built the optimal business IT ecosystem comprised of focus-built system each of which is best in what it does and fits our requirements. Spectacular customer service and support. Hands down the best I have experienced.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind. My very esoteric need is to easily replicate production environment into staging. This is not really supported in an automated way.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

Modern open API, tight integration with QuickBooks Online, ease of membership management and renewals, intuitive elegant interface.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

CLOC needed to re-architect it's entire business IT ecosystem so it can support our changing needs and evolving technological landscape.

Response from Novi AMS

Misha, First, thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and informative review. Second -- we've loved having you and your team on Novi to continue to challenge us and push us in new ways, making Novi a better system for all. We look forward to many more years of partnership with CLOC!

Replied April 2022

Sylvia

Using Novi For a Couple of Years

We use NOVI for the PBAA day to day business such as accounting, events..etc. I enjoy that there are many options on Novi but some can be confusing. Before the last update I was unable to pull up a report of who had joined or dropped. This has been fixed as there is a simple click on button that says Add Report/Drop Report which is very helpful!!! To set this entire thing up a couple of years ago, it was a LONG process that requires lots of time. Now, having a few years under my belt, it has simplified. If you decide to use NOVI, during the set up make sure whoever is going to be using NOVI participates in the training/set up along with you-it makes things a lot easier in the long run. There are a lot of helpful articles if needed!

Pros

Lots of support from staff. Various categories.

Cons

Some features can be confusing or are not simplified.

Response from Novi AMS

Hi Sylvia! Thank you so much for the candid review and I'm glad to hear the new reporting feature has been helpful and much faster to pull.

Kim

April 2022

Easiest software implementation ever!

The entire team form sales to training and conversion were amazing. By then end of the timeline, they felt like friends. The continued support through their Intercom tool is fast, and you always get the answers you need.

Pros

The website development and subsequent management was hands-down the biggest asset. In addition, having all my member data in one location increased efficiency and freed me to focus on other things.

Cons

Not one con to this product at all! I have not found one component that doesn't fully meet & exceed my expectations.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

Novi has everything I need in one place including our website. I am not a developer and I find it super easy to work with in every capacity.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much for your review, Kim! Creating efficiencies and customer support is kind of our jam here at Novi and I'm so happy to hear that feedback. Don't ever hesitate to reach out with feedback or questions. Thank you again!

Replied May 2022

Benjamin

Great AMS with better customer service

Novi's customer service and responsiveness are the best I've seen from a vendor. Our website and database are intuitive and easy to use, and the chat function for customer support is quick.

Pros

The learning curve is not steep, as it is with many other AMS/donor management systems, the controls are intuitive, and the customer services has been highly responsive.

Cons

I'd like to see a more robust email automation process, separate from the link to mailchimp or constant contact. I'd like for it send emails to members thanking them for payment on receipt. That said, my past requests have been taken into consideration and implemented, so I'm sure this will be added before long. Also, I did balk at the price-tag, at first, but it's worth every penny.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

Customer service and integration with Quickbooks and mailchimp were major selling points for us.

Response from Novi AMS

Ah, thanks Ben! Glad to hear it's worth every penny :) Thank you for the review.

A Powerful and Flexible Tool For Association Management

Exceptional! We couldn't have continued our business without their help! The Novi AMS team is extremely professional and quick to respond to any questions and assistance needed. They understood that we needed to implement their platform in a much shorter time than recommended and they helped and pushed us along the whole way to make sure we got it done in time. I could not be happier with our decision to go with Novi AMS and look forward to putting it to even better use now that we have time to evaluate and adjust our usage.

Pros

So many things to love about this software. The main dashboard gives you a very good overview of your membership every time you log in. The details can all be fined tuned to suit your needs very easily. Automation tools are excellent along with intelligent decisions on what to have built in to the software and what to integrate using other software. When using integrations, things work very smoothly together. The main integration that drew us to using Novi AMS is with Quickbooks. I don't think any other platform has as direct and seamless integration with Quickbooks to give you instant knowledge about your membership and how it relates to your financial status. We had very specific needs and use various platforms that we hand pick for being the best we could find for the particular jobs we needed and Novi AMS was able to integrate with all of them.

Cons

As with all software, there are quirks that you need to learn about. Through no fault of Novi AMS itself, there are some things we had to find workarounds for because of the very specific needs of our organization. We also were put in a situation that gave us a very short time frame to learn, setup and launch the Novi AMS platform so a lot of the issues we experienced probably could have been avoided or smoothed out beforehand if we had the proper time to onboard the platform. The biggest issue we have is with the way Novi AMS recognizes or does not recognize users to log in or not. The good thing is that they are very responsive to any issues we bring up and are always available to help with workarounds, and updates to improve.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

The combination of features, adaptability and customer service was what made Novi AMS the clear choice for us. Seamless communication and reporting with accounting and marketing platforms plus integration with other platforms to enable us to do what we needed was key. I like that Novi AMS focuses on what they do best, which is member database management and designed their platform to work with others to do the complete job. Many other platforms had all-in-one solutions but I feel like there are too many compromises there. Consolidating resources was a key goal for us but not at the expense of functionality we needed so going with Novi AMS helped us pick out the best of what we wanted in all aspects of our business.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

We had organizational changes that meant we had to restructure and re-evaluate almost every software and platform we were using. The AMS software was the most critical for us and we wanted something that fit our needs better. After evaluating what we were using and what other options were available, Novi AMS came out on top for us.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much for the detailed review!

Patrick

Very pleased with Novi AMS

My task to find a new AMS for our association. I had a bunch of demos with various other AMS providers, but Novi was the best. Their presentation was not canned and spoke to my specific needs (like company membership versus individual, committee structures, dues structures, etc). Every one of our needs was met. The service is impeccable. They are polite, responsive, and VERY helpful. Just great folks. They really believe in their product.

Pros

There is a lot to like here. The demo was great, all my questions were understood and answered thoroughly. The on-boarding process was amazing, they walked us through everything and were VERY responsive. I was amazed at Novi's flexibility and they really shaped their platform to fit our needs. This enabled us to begin work right away after we finished setting everything up. Most amazingly, their top tier customer service continued AFTER the on-boarding process! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], from Novi, kept up with me and scheduled followup meetings to make sure everything easy was going well. The end result is that I would recommend Novi for any association. It is intuitive, but also very flexible. I could not be happier, it is a great value.

Cons

I am trying to think of something -- anything negative about Novi. I am drawing a blank. It was honestly that good. And I invite anyone reading this to contact me with questions.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

Better service, price, and features.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

SalesForce is really for very large organizations and is very expensive given the value. It was a bad fit for us. Their customer service is horrendous.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you for such a thoughtful review, Patrick! We are so glad to hear Novi is meeting your needs and that the customer support has been impeccable. I will share that with the team and your onboarding specialist!

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Great Option for Association Management

We have used multiple association management software (AMS) programs over the last 20 years. None of them have everything, but Novi has been the most intuitive, the most responsive, and very straightforward for our members on the front end. Their web site template makes our site look very professional, and their customer support is amazing--it is not unusual for the company's [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to answer my support question--to me, a mark of a company that cares.

Pros

I was first attracted to this software because it was created by association professionals FOR association professionals. 2 years in, I still appreciate that, and it shows in the updates and new features they are always adding. One of the most effective tools for us is the direct sync with Constant Contact--so all my mailing lists on CC are automatically updated when we get a new member, or someone's address changes. Huge time saver for us.

Cons

The least "friendly" part of this software is the reporting tool. It is cumbersome to pick the fields and filters you need to pull the information you want. It isn't as helpful as reporting in other AMS programs I've used before. That being said, every time I have an issue with creating a report, the customer support helps me through it in no time at all--so the confusing nature of this one element is not anything that would keep me from choosing this again.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

It just seemed like it was the right fit for us.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

Your Membership was our most recent AMS. We switched because we felt that YM was a bit too big and complex for what we needed, and it was a huge company that had already been bought out once while we were there, and forced changes to our data, our website, etc.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much for the review, Jennifer! We look forward to many more years in partnership with VAM.

Krystal

No workarounds is not a joke

The intercom feature - the NoviAMS team is always there to help you out. The sprint release notes come in handy when you need a high level overview of what features are being released.

Pros

- easy to use for all age generations on our team - Quickbooks Online integration makes for seamless accounting - Robust membership database with customizations and relationship eliminated need for spreadsheets - Member compass with centralized information (invoices, registration, renewals, member directory info)

Cons

- I wish we would have switched sooner and that our smaller clients with much smaller budgets could transition onto it.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

No other products were considered.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

The QBO integration was the #1 reason followed by a more robust membership experience on the backend for our staff.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much, Krystal! So glad to hear it's been easy to use and that customer support has been there when you do have questions! We look forward to partnering with you for years to come!

Replied February 2020

Olivia

Engaging software for membership

NOVI has helped us solve many of the issues that we have had in the past, NOVI has a solution for it. IF they Don't, NOVI Finds one!!! With NOVI you really have a partnership. One that is there for nonprofit trade organizations.

Pros

Customer Service, Accounting Integration with QBO, Event Management, NON DUES REVENUE Creation, Membership Levels, Customizable Reporting. Analytics, Website Integration, API's, Dues Management, Content Management, ecommerce, epyaments, forms, Personalization,

Cons

NOVI has pretty much been able to make our life easier.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

It tied our financials with QBO and it provided more options and met the needs of nonprofit in the rental housing industry. the API's and partnerships that NOVI has established also help drive and improve the end-user experience both back and front end.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

Streamline operations and improve the customer experience in the front and with our team.

Response from Novi AMS

Olivia, thank you so much for your feedback! Making your life easier really makes our day :)

Replied April 2022

Garnie

Industry: Utilities

We love the innovation

We began with Novi in late 2018 and have been very happy since. Our organization is small so the automations have been very helpful in maximizing staff hours on things like mailing list queries and event registrations.

Pros

Having our membership database and website connected have enabled us to automate our event registrations.

Cons

I would like a native mass email system inside of Novi instead of the Constant Contact/Mail Chimp bridge. Those two companies have large public profiles and many of our members have them blacklisted in their SPAM filters.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

Scope of services offered fit our needs better.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

Ease of use and stable platform.

Response from Novi AMS

Hi Garnie! Thank you so much for the review. I love reading/hearing about maximizing staff hours. That's part of our mission here... to amplify the change that your association makes!

Tonya

Great Option for a Smaller Association

I cannot say enough about the Novi team and the process from start to launch. Their approach to our project was thoughtful and incredibly organized with milestones and check-ins throughout. A project of this size can quickly become overwhelming but Novi's support and regular outreach kept us focused and moving forward. We are a small staff with tech-savvy limitations and Novi was there for us every step of the way. This product was created for an association like ours. Post launch Novi continues to provide regular roundtables on their products and open forums to discuss any issues and get your questions answered.

Pros

We're a few months in to using Novi's AMS and are thrilled with the result. As a membership association with a small staff, it was imperative that we identified a product that was easy to understand, seamless to train our staff across the board and customizable based on our unique needs. Novi's AMS solution really delivered. The main database dashboard provides an easy-to-understand overview of membership numbers and income. From there, you can quickly dive into groups, events, ecommerce, blogs and more that can be customized for your organization. The website is my favorite part. We were using a clunky, custom-build from a decade ago and the capabilities we have with Novi's product are unparalleled. We needed a solution that we could roll-out quickly and Novi had our entire new system up and running in just a few months. The interaction within the various cogs of the system has been seamless and the ability to link to Constant Contact has cut down on staff time.

Cons

We're really still in the discovery phase for everything Novi has to offer. Our association has some incredibly nuanced membership categories and ecommerce packages that required workarounds or an additional brainstorming session to identify if these "special cases" still serve our membership's needs. Whenever we hit a potential roadblock, the Novi team was incredibly patient and went back to the drawing board multiple times to suggest potential solutions. We really kept the mindset of, if a solution couldn't be found within Novi, it's probably something we shouldn't be doing anyway. Approach any roadblocks with the software with new solutions for your association and it's a win-win.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

We had an outdated custom-built website and database that didn't interact with each other and required frequent band-aiding. We realized a complete AMS solution would be ideal to decrease staff time and energy currently dedicated to keeping these old products afloat.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, Tonya! So glad to hear you are thrilled with the results and it's been easy to use and our team was organized and helpful during onboarding!

Denise

Impressive

The website events, registering all my education via the website and having my members invoice themselves has really taking a bit off my stress of a "part time" executive director and a one woman show behind the scenes running my organization. So basically, this software was like hiring an assistant to help me in my duties, moved us UP in the world of technology and has grown our membership. The ease of access for our member to login into accounts, make payments, event registrations, and being integrated with our Quick Books account software was what made this transition so worth it! It has also been beneficial using the site for resources, virtual meetings and news during Covid 19. I was using excel spread sheets for member rosters and word docs for letters, so I was doing everything MANUALLY and old school. What a difference in our day to day operations at GCAA!

Pros

The NOVI software has tremendously improved my day to day duties in Association Management, from managing members, to accounting and creating groups and navigating our website to make it better from our members. The staff at NOVI especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was a pleasure to work with during integrating. The customer service provided is first class and I never felt such professionalism partnered by such kindness during my transition.

Cons

There are so many features and really great things during the last two years, I cannot think of one negative things about the software... I have always been a little technically challenged when using computers, software and website sites... so everything about my experience was very positive. Having the "Intercom" at your finger tips to ask questions when you need help, extra training meetings, constant updates to keep you in "the know" are simply outstanding!

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

Longtime friend, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] sold me on this software years ago.... and then after meeting [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at the NAA Conference in person and getting to know them all, I knew I wanted to join the NOVI NATION. Thankful for Novi AMS and all that made this relationship happen! I am looking forward to many more years together. The technology and improvements continue to impress.

Response from Novi AMS

Denise, that really made my day, thank you! It was a pleasure working with you to onboard and I look forward to many more years in partnership.

Lindsey

No one wants to do a data migration, but it's SO worth it!

I have been so very pleased with Novi. The team is great. They are always there if you need support, and they are also so proactive in improving the software and user experience. I would recommend Novi to anyone!

Pros

I find that Novi integrates so seamlessly with Quickbooks and our constant contact to be the most helpful feature. Having programs that speak to one another just really helps to keep everything organized and streamlined. The streamlining process removed a lot of potential for human error out of our business model, and it also helped to increase our revenue. Novi frees up our time to help focus more on growing our membership, and it also has great opportunities to create some non-dues revenue.

Cons

They are always looking for ways to help improve the software, so sometimes there is a little bit of a learning curve to figure out the new offerings. While it can be annoying to have to learn something new, it's always great when you master the new skill. They are always focusing on improving!

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

It was called Weblink when we used it, and it just was very stunted in how it worked and what it offered for us.

Response from Novi AMS

Saved staff time + streamlined process + increased revenue... that's music to my ears, Lindsey!! Thank you so much for sharing that feedback with us and our potential partners. We look forward to many more successful years partnering with FCAA.

Therese

Industry: Publishing

Knows Association work and very customer-friendly

Exceptional. Incredibly responsive. Proactive in addressing needs of users. Great sense of user community, too. If you are a small office like me, they hit all the marks really well.

Pros

As an association, it makes a gigantic difference that Novi understands exactly our business, so the software is constantly being updated based on the suggestions of its users. The software reflects how members access and use membership software in ways that larger, more expensive products try to emulate. Changes to the software are ongoing and always in response to actual needs of the users. The Novi staff are always available to help with big and small problems. I never think twice about sending off an email with a question to the staff because I know that they will help me get the answers I seek.

Cons

I'd love to see more web templates to choose from for the design of our website.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

The price, product, and service were all right on target. I felt confident about the commitment of the company to their customers that they were going to be around for a long time.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

YM was getting more expensive every year, but the costs did not reflect an increase in value in the product. There were membership communication aspects to the software that we never used because they were confusing, not intuitive, and just added another communication layer for folks.

Response from Novi AMS

We love working with Therese and we so appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feedback so we continually learn how to improve for ACP and our other customers. We couldn't do it without you!

Cindy

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Novi has taken us into the 21st Centry!

The overall experience has been great, from the design implementation and development of the integration was great. We love our website and feel like our membership appreciates the look and ease of use on the front end of the site. We appreciate the innovations that Novi continues to do to make our program better.

Pros

Our favorite thing about this software is its ease of use and the detailed information we are able to input. The integration with Quickbooks and Constant Contact are fabulous!

Cons

Sometimes I find the report criteria confusing, but it is probably just above my understanding level. Reconciling the bank statement with the stripe fees is a little confusing because everything doesn't always match up perfectly.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

We selected Novi because of price, the "all included" approach and not buffet add-ons and the ease of use, along with the support team and their quick responses to our needs. The program feels like it is tailor fit for our Chamber.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

Our former process to intake a member was to manually add them to the database, this wasn't available for someone to join online by themselves, we had to do it in-house. Next step was to add them to Constant Conatct to be included in our email list, next we inputted their payment in Quickbooks, so, three or four steps are now one step and the member can actually do it themselves. Added features of adding a logo, head-shot, and now videos and other photos are a nice touch!

Response from Novi AMS

I love your review title, Cindy! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and I'm so glad to hear it's working well for both you and your members!

Brenda

Industry: Information Services

Great Program

The biggest problem solved for me was online registration for our meetings. Prior to Novi I manually registered our members, sometimes this could be for 300 people. I now have more time for other duties. Everyone from the start at implementation through months afterwards has been very helpful. They really listen to your problems and offer ideas very quickly. If you have a suggestions for streamline something, they really do listen and sometimes they implement the idea. They area always open to ideas to make everything work more efficiently. Every is so helpful, no matter how small the issue.

Pros

I really like that Novi & QBO work together, this saves me time with posting payments, creating invoices & running reports, registrations for our meetings. Instead of multiple programs having to be merged together, all of the information is in one place. The Events module is also a great time saver for me. Our members can finally register online for our meetings very easily. They really like the ease of paying invoices online too. I also like the ability to have more than one window open while working in Novi, so easy to copy and paste from one page to another. I like they way they explain why something is not a good idea, instead of just say no, that won't work.

Cons

One thing I really do not like is the Guest function. I have members register for our meeting as a Guest even though they are in the database, most of the time they don't even try to log in, which is frustrating for me. I cannot merge these two records when this happens. Yes, some people need to register as Guest, but the majorities are our members are in the database. It would be nice to have a way to merge these records.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

We chose Novi because it could do pretty much everything we were looking for that our old database programs could not. It had the QBO feature, which really appealed to me, plus true online registration. Our website has never looked so professional either. Having a great team to work with is so important to a great working relationship.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

Their system was not user friendly nor had online registration. They started having crashes on a regular base. Just before one of our biggest meeting the system went down for several days. We were panicking.

Response from Novi AMS

Brenda, thank you so much for your feedback. Our goal from day one was to help automate your work day so you could focus on the mission of your association. Hearing that we've been able to help do that for you is what gets us excited to go to work every morning. We just released a new update on the "guest functionality" that we think will help address your concerns. We will reach out to you to get you those details!

Erica

Novi for the win!

Since using Novi, we are way more confident in the data we pull. Monthly membership reports use to be my least favorite thing to do, now its a piece of cake thanks to Novi!

Pros

First, our website looks great! As for the program itself, we are able to get most of the information needed when it comes to monthly reporting to the board. This was the main reason for switching.

Cons

I'm assuming, because it's new there are a few bugs that have to be worked out, but they are great at helping out. Overall, my least favorite was the data import when you first start. It was very tedious and time consuming.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

The overall look of it, the reviews from current users, and the ease of getting trusted information. Also they are always quick to respond and assist!

January 2018, I think.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much for your feedback, Erica! We love that your member reports are a piece of cake now. Makes our day! Great member data is the most important asset that you've got, which is why we definitely take our time through that portion of onboarding. We so appreciate you working diligently with us to get everything into the database!

Jaime

Novi

We are a small association with very limited time and resources. This software has truly cut down on some repetitive tasks I was having to do previously, and now I have more time to get to things I may have not been able to in the past. It's easy to use, the training was thorough, and I like that it integrates with Quickbooks online.

Pros

I can easily access the information I need about my association simply. I like the interface. I love that it connects with Quickbooks and that I can easily copy/paste past events to get them set up quickly. It seems pretty intuitive to me. I also like that there are easy-to-access help articles and the response time when you have a question is fast.

Cons

Some aspects of the ECommerce could be better improved to tie in with events. Generating reports can be a bit time consuming because of the amount of data that is available; it can be overwhelming to try to find the exact field you're looking for.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

I used WebLink, which was bought by MemberClicks if I'm not mistaken. It was a program specially designed for us apartment associations within the NAA network. It was cumbersome to manage, and I especially hated the general journal entries it created in Quickbooks with credit card transactions.

Response from Novi AMS

Jaime, it's been a joy working with you and good news... we are literally working on upgrades to the Ecommerce component now! Stay tuned :) The reports are hyper-customizable which means lots of field options, but we will continue to work to try and find ways to make it easier. In the interim, please feel free to jump into any of our upcoming reports trainings. Thank you for the feedback!

Chip

It Just Works

Exceptional. I was able to significantly reallocate staff resources to new projects and member benefits with the time we have saved thanks to novi. Having used two other AMS providers I can tell you novi is head and shoulders above the rest! You won't regret working with them!

Pros

We were one of the first to use noviAMS and even early on it was an exceptional service, and major upgrade from our previous providers. As the CEO one of the things I love most about novi is how seamlessly it works with our accounting software (QuickBooks) and how clean our books are as a result. Our audits went from a week long process to less than two days. And, that's not even the sexy part of this AMS. The software is so robust that the functionality is nearly unlimited and the aesthetic is amazing. More importantly, it is intuitive and easy to use for my team and especially our members. We went from having roughly 100-200 members creating logins for the site to well into the thousands. In fact, now all of our sister affiliates within the state (100% of them) are using novi as well!

Cons

No software is perfect, but it is really hard for me to identify too many flaws. They are super responsive to bugs (and even most of those turn out to be something we did). ;-)

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

They were responsive to our needs, built for our membership (trade association) structure, accounting, and customer service.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

So many reasons. It did not work for trade associations with complex inheritance structures for one thing, but the biggest reason is that the accounting functionality was completely non-functional. It was awful.

Response from Novi AMS

Chip, Thank you so much for the feedback! We're thrilled to be able to help AAGO and your members. Thank you again for sharing your story.

Replied September 2019

Kelle

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

All your dreams come true

I recently left association management, but was using Novi AMS on a daily basis previously. The software is I was at a small association and Novi AMS allowed me to increase my capacity for communication and position our organization as a leader in our industry. Customer service is unparalleled! I challenge you to find a company that even comes close. This team just gets it!

Pros

*User experience - both for staff and for our members. >for staff: less clicks to get information or complete tasks and the process was intuitive. Web updates were instant and >for members: numerous methods of getting to the same information. So regardless of the individual’s preferred method, they didn’t get stuck. *Customer service - their team is the absolute cream of the crop *Formatted web pages to maintain consistency in presentation *reporting - any data, any time. *Quickbooks API <<

Cons

This is a hard question to answer. Because any time we thought we found a deficiency, the Novi team worked diligently to resolve or to raise the bar for better performance.

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

As part of the AE input during the development process, there was no question that Novi AMS would far outperform any other options we could have considered.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

We were spending way too much time on administrative duties and less time on our members. We switched to ease the workload on the staff and be able to provide a more robust experience to our members and their expectations.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much Kelle! We're always looking to raise the bar with Novi, so thank you for contributing your ideas and feedback!

Replied September 2019

Sloane

Novi User Review

We are very satisfied. We have a product that not only meets our needs, but brings engagement and value to our customers/members.

Pros

Novi sets a high standard in many areas. Having used two different Member Management System's in my time here - the difference could be noticed in the very beginning. The training and onboarding process was amazing - and the Novi team took such good care of our team as we trained, designed and migrated to their platform. Their stellar customer service has never slipped and their responsiveness when questions or issues arise is exceptional. The Novi team NEVER OVER PROMISES and sets reasonable expectations when discussing new features. Our "outages" or "downtime" have been almost non-existent and the Novi team has made proactive upgrades to protect their customers and ensure we remain up and running! Novi constantly provides environments for continued training and idea sharing for us, as well as feedback for them through round tables, their sprint update and making themselves available at our annual conference.

Cons

There isn't really much - there are a couple of features that we have requested - but they continuously add them to the "sprint wish-list" and bring us new features constantly!

Reasons for choosing Novi AMS

Novi was clearly better, and the Novi team sealed the deal with their customer service!

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

Recommendation from another NAA affiliate...and we were super frustrated with the limitations of YM.

Response from Novi AMS

Sloane, you are making us teary-eyed. Thank you so much for your thoughtful response! Your team was amazing to work with during onboarding and continues to provide us valuable feedback to improve the software as a whole! Thank you, again!

Great management software

Novi is the best at customer service! There are articles to read, informative roundtables to attend, online chat help, and my onboarding people are still reachable even months after being a client. Super fast response and simple instructions on how to update and fix absolutely anything. Novi is always coming out with new features to make every part more functional and internet safe and savvy.

Pros

Integrating into Novi was absolutely seamless! The onboarding team was informative and helpful every step of the way. There was no guess work on the expectations and constant customer support. I like several features the most - entering new members and staff is easy, and so is making changes on the website. Creating and managing events is simple - and so is managing registrations. I love the countdown feature to show how many tickets are left to create a sense of urgency to sell out! I love that all of my members and staff integrate with Constant Contact. I can create lists in Novi that carry over, so I am only sending information to the groups that it pertains to, rather than all the members, all the time. I am sure that they appreciate less emails also! I also like that you really can not make a duplicate business or person entry at all, or a duplicate registration, less room for error, and accounting and member/unit count mistakes. The dashboards are my favorite - I always know how many members I have and how much $ is outstanding.

Cons

The accounting was different for me, not that it is a con, just not all transactions can be fixed or created through Novi. But, after a few months of getting familiar with all the aspects of QB and QB Payments, it meshes well now. I was used to doing all payables and receivables in one place.

Reasons for switching to Novi AMS

Our state association made the change first, and then other affiliates started. There are 7 of us in NC.....now we can share contacts with the state; which is helpful to us all.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you so much for the review, Jennifer, and I'm so glad to hear your onboarding experience was seamless. I'll be sure to pass that and the features you are really enjoying along to the team :) Thank you again!

Christian

Novi should be your new AMS, let me explain why:

Novi has been key to the success of our marketing and PR campaigns. The site is the face of our organization, and the backend provides the tools we need to maximize the benefits of our membership. Novi becomes more useful everyday as improvements are made constantly. Im extremely happy with the level of support coming from the top down as well. I recommend Novi to all of my peers whenever someone is looking for a new AMS. Ive seen a lot of companies claim to do what Novi does, but ive yet to find one that can actually deliver. They care about us just as much now as they did during the sales process.

Pros

I love the database. I am able to connect accounts to constant contact and pull custom reports. Editing pages on the website is also very straightforward and simple. Not only are the features top rate, but the customer support is second to none. Anything you have trouble with is resolved by someone who cares. I love it!

Cons

There isn't a whole lot to complain about. Occasionally I find myself looking for a solution to a minor problem like, the ability to give awards to a company not just an individual. While there are some setbacks, I find an equal amount of useful tools that I didn't know existed, which I feel balances out the experience.

Response from Novi AMS

This review truly brightened my day, Christian! RWAU put its faith in us early on and we've loved working with your team. Thank you for always pushing us to continually improve and using those new tools to advance the mission. Cheers to many more years and thank you for the review!

Ian

Adopting Novi was like adding a new team member.

Pros

Before we started using Novi, we used an incredibly outdated AMS that barely allowed us to access our data, never mind integrate with additional features. Now, we integrate seamlessly with Mailchimp, QuickBooks, and our members can log in and pay invoices, register for events.

Cons

To be quite honest, there's very little that I wish could be improved. The only feature I wish you could do was create an invoice directly from Novi for a non-product item or membership.

Response from Novi AMS

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Ian! The PIAG website wouldn't be the same without your touch on there and I'm glad to hear the integrations are working seamlessly for both staff and members! Thank you again!

Novi AMS