• Pros

• "All went very well with integration. It has so many features that are helpful in managing and tracking volunteer efforts."

• "I can't deny that it is powerful. It will make reports and track data. The phone support is decent."

• "The ability to streamline all volunteers. Utilizing VSYS live to onboard volunteers. "

• Cons

• "VSys One is a lot to learn (overwhelming for many non-tech types) and multiple ways to accomplish a goal to get it to do what you want -- that's a pro and a con. See next question"

• "There is a steep learning curve for new users."

• "Some of the reporting features are a bit confusing and don't always give the information immediately needed. "

Browse VSys One Reviews

VSys is Amazing

The entire team at VSys One is amazing. They are the most responsive support team I have ever worked with.

Pros

We now keep data in one system, where we used to have 3+ systems to do this VSys Live allows volunteers to manage their own data (e.g. we don't have to run hours reports for our volunteers, they can do this themselves) Love that my staff can access information remotely, don't have to be in hospital to access database

Cons

The functionality is so huge that we are still learning about it everyday. It's been 4 years and I feel like I am using about 50% of the total functionality. I don't think this is a con though. We know that if we need a new function, it is probably already available and we just need to learn to use it.

We were interested in the VSys Live option

Reasons for Switching to VSys One

Our database was basic with simple functionality. With growth in our program, we needed to increase our functionality.

Patricia from Cottage Health

Cottage Health Volunteer Program

we are able to manage over 1,000 active volunteers, we especially like the ability to communicate with some or all volunteers as well as documenting all interactions. We are able to customize the database to meet our best practices and procedures.

Pros

The pros are have a robust database that handles all of our daily operations, from an on-line application that when accepted is downloaded right in to the database. We also like the ability to customize to our services and requirements (national, state and local guidelines and to customize to our hospital's culture and policies, The help line is fantastic and are very knowledgeable and patient. they are responsive to requests and upgrades.

Cons

The scheduling is great.... but I would like to add phone numbers and to be able to color code the training volunteers vs the trained volunteers.

Reasons for Choosing VSys One

The support team and client relations manager- [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were instrumental in our decision. To be able to talk and be walked through an issue was critical vs waiting for an email response. The ability to help problem solve an issue immediately vs place on a list for the company to work towards. V Sys One is very responsive and eager to help to achieve our goals and practices.

Johanna from Providence Health Care

What else do you need?

Awesome! Every single person we work with is consistently personable and extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

It's capable of doing almost anything you need it to and on the rare occasion that it doesn't, the software team at VSys either makes it happen or finds a work around. Best support team ever, software or otherwise! Also really appreciate the control we have to be able to readily adapt the software to meet our specific needs.

Cons

Scheduling for multiple shifts per day, such as two shifts, every two hours, 24/7. We haven't found a great way to create and then be able to share with staff, in a format that's easy for them to read. That being said, we haven't tried to use any of the scheduling tools in quite a while so perhaps it's time to give it another go.

Reasons for Choosing VSys One

N/A, I was not part of this decision.

Reasons for Switching to VSys One

The previous software didn't have near the functionality we needed.

David from Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania

Needlessly Complex

The product line is confusing - VSys One, VSys Lite, VSys Live, VSys Kiosk, VSys Live Kiosk. A few key features that were promised by the project leader have failed to materialize. My sense is that again, they have a product that can do many things, but they don't know how to package their own product or create a user interface friendly for customers. The business model is one of paying for a support subscription post-implementation so they don't have much of an incentive to change.

Pros

Cons

See the title of the review. The user interface as the administrator is cumbersome and non-intuitive. There are too many steps and serpentine workflows to accomplish basic tasks such as creating a job assignment or building a new training.

Reasons for Switching to VSys One

The ability to own our own files versus paying by the file.

Jenny from Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts

Best Software Out There

I recommend this software to everyone I meet because the look and feel is appreciated by our volunteers, the reporting is one click and includes all the details you could ever imagine, and it saves me at least 20 hours a week (compared to my previous software), so I can be away from my desk more and with our volunteers. I truly am thankful for VSys One and look forward to the many, many more years ahead!

Pros

The AMAZING customer service by all members of their team. Fast email response time, via phone and/or email, even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will reach out and ask if I have any "wish list" items that can possibly be included in an upcoming update. The reporting, customization, all of the above is great.

Cons

To be honest, I don't have anything negative to say here, which is great!

Eric from Penn Medicine Hospice

Multi-Branch Hospice Volunteer Department

Overall it has been good. The initial integration was a little haphazard and felt rushed at points, but the ongoing support and follow up with the agency has allowed us to completely transform and smooth out our on boarding process for volunteers. The company is very accommodating to our needs and questions, sometimes creating new things that the software couldn't do before.

Pros

-Customization is awesome. You can really make the product look and feel however you like for you as the administrator and for the end user. It has a lot of features that can both mold to your current workflows, but also enhance and automate your workflows. -Customer service is one of the best features of this organization. Their live representatives are very knowledgeable of the product and it's features and willing to help work through any issue that you are having. -customize able reports and bulk changes. Whatever I need to pull out of the database in whatever format is accessable.

Cons

-The fact that the program is so customizable also means there's more than one one way to accomplish the same task or reach the same goal. This does mean that different from people Vsys can have different "go to" ways of completing items. This can lead to some frustration. -The flow of information/data in the software can feel a bit cumbersome. There's not 100% consistency in the software screens when working in the "setup" of different functions. This requires one to really understand how every "data point" or term in VSys connects throughout.

Reasons for Switching to VSys One

Online training modules and being able to house the data on our own servers and not in the cloud.

Suzanne from Friends of the National Zoo

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Customer Service Can't be Beat!

We are able to manage our legacy volunteer data (16K records), our current roster of active or recently active (2K records), communication, job history, training, implement automated features like background check surveys, and maintain schedules for volunteers in multiple roles effectively. And when I need assistance, it's there at the other end of the phone!

Pros

While the entire database is robust enough to more than meet our organizational needs, the very best part is the awesome support team that is always available to me. We implemented this program about five years ago, and it's been able to help us manage a tremendous amount of information about our 800+ volunteer program. The fact that it's on the cloud also helps us because we can access anything we need regardless of where the volunteer management team is physically (a plus in Covid times!).

Cons

The challenge with such a strong database system is that it can be hard to master if you are not a daily user. However, the team is working on updates and have been very open to my feedback about changes and improvements from the user's standpoint. If they keep going with the focus on user experience, it will continue to be an industry leader.

Reasons for Choosing VSys One

The customer service--that was a critical element for us!

Reasons for Switching to VSys One

Legacy system that no longer met our needs

Denise from Greater Cleveland Volunteers

VSys is a great database

I love that we always have support when we call in for help with VSys. Everyone at the office is helpful and if they cannot figure it out they ask for help from another VSys staff member.

Pros

I use VSys on a daily basis and am the primary administrator. We use VSys for multiple different operations such as volunteer management, donor/account management, partner agencies we work with and all the jobs we send our volunteers to. Along with this we love that we can create letters types and be able to pick the letter need and customize prior to sending and saves to the volunteer or donor profile. VSys has saved us time running reports and having the ability to save them all with the criteria we need. VSys has so many other options we are not currently using but plan to in the future.

Cons

The only complaint I would have is I wish more screens talked to each other. Some processes we have to do manually which takes more time and some reports do not have the ability to do some things we need but we have learned to work around or just manually handle it.

Reasons for Choosing VSys One

The product sold itself after [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] told us everything the product had the ability to handle and minimize some manual processes.

Reasons for Switching to VSys One

We wanted a database that we could combine both volunteer and donor information and easily be able to run reports.

Meg from Kadlec Regional Medical Center

Excellent Volunteer Database

Volunteer data is in one place. It took several years to get the funding to get this software. The company were so understanding and patient. It makes my job infinitely more doable.

Pros

I love the fact that everything is in one place. The people at VSys are second to none. Even when I'm being less than intelligent they are patient and walk me through what must seem to them as easy. The fact that you actually get a person is wonderful. Doing monthly timesheets for volunteers is now a breeze. Running reports means that I can easily get requested information. Being able to run OIG/SAM in no time at all. Makes it easy to do monthly checks

Cons

I sometimes find it difficult to find the report that I'm looking for. I am not very computer savvy and find it difficult to edit settings to make it exactly what I'm looking for. I often end up calling but I feel a little guilty at calling for things that I should be able to do.

Reasons for Choosing VSys One

The interaction with people. Comments from others who had Volgistics and wished that they could switch.

Charles from Vitalité Health Network

VSys One is part of our workday, every day!

Pros

Easy to use. You can choose to use as many , or as few features as you want. We eliminated paper scheduling, and send most e-mails through VSys now.

Cons

I think an APP for volunteers would be great.

Christine from Florida Park Service

Florida Park Service - VSys One and VSys Anywhere

VSys One is a lot to learn and multiple ways to accomplish a goal to get it to do what you want -- that's a pro and a con. This is where regular responsive customer service really matters. As a Program Manager I’m super pleased with my regular support contact at VSys. If all of VSys's clients receive that level of service from their designated VSys support person and are as pleased as I am, then you should have no issues getting clients. It really matters who you work with weekly and for emergency troubleshooting – their knowledge base and demeanor (not making you feel like an idiot when it's user error) is sooo important.

Pros

Flexibility – We are able to customize what the volunteer sees and what staff see to meet both needs. Parks recruit volunteers for their greatest needs – a first for us. Volunteers browse opportunities and apply, creating their own profiles, then self-administer required training and acknowledgements, and self-enter service hours. This saves significant staff time! Accessibility – Volunteers and staff can access VSys anytime and almost anywhere – mobile devise and computer home or office. Adaptability - Reports out of the system are super flexible and a large area of where we have worked with VSys staff and development team to get what we need to answer leaderships Administration and Records - The system handles our level of activity 145-300 staff admins in VSys One, and annually 20,000 volunteer accounts/personnel records -- background checks, required training, hours of service, awards/recognition tracking, ability to e-mail custom lists of volunteers. The record keeping allows us to track a volunteer as they move between parks – saves staff time and allows staff to review and edit records. questions, always important to any organization. Appreciate v much the customer service in this area. VSys has functions that we continue to explore and learn more about – surveys as an example. We are excited for the opportunity to survey custom lists of volunteers and volunteer managers.

Heather from Fulton County Library System

Industry: Libraries

Impeccable Volunteer Records

The customer service is extraordinary, even when we stump them and they have to call us back after conferring with team members. This product allows us to enter one time and longtime volunteers, track the location, the task, the individual or location hours, the certifications, the awards and complete letters or reports on court/school mandates.

Pros

Creating volunteer accounts is very user friendly and it is easy to add new data collection points specifically for our program (i.e. we have 34 locations to track). We also can keep years of data in one place, which is helpful when middle school volunteers come back as seniors in high school and need a lifetime report.

Cons

Our organization demands a firewall that doesn't allow for a cloud based program. Since we have multiple people entering data, it would be great to run a report on who entered items on a specific day for quality check purposes.

Mandy from Houston Methodist Hospital

Satisfied VSys Customer since 2008

The overall experience with VSys One has been fantastic. I highly recommend VSys One for your volunteer management needs.

Pros

Since we implemented the system in 2008, we have more than doubled our program capacity and impact. We have anywhere from 400-600 active volunteers at a time. Vsys allowed us to streamline and automate most of our onboarding. We can quickly communicate with our applicants and volunteers. Scheduling is much more effective and efficient. The database is robust in its functionality allowing you to go in as deep as you need to in reporting and data analysis. The possibilities with VSys are endless and with every new idea we dream up, we can find a solution in Vsys to allow us to successfully execute and measure those new programs. Using VSys to handle the bulk of the business of managing volunteers will free up your time to build relationships with and engage your volunteers. The customer service is fantastic. Since day one we have had an amazing working relationship with the entire Vsys team! They are responsive, accommodating, and fun to work with. They have taken our feedback and used it in in future updates. I highly recommend VSys and their product line.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for new users.

Karina from CHOC Children's

Evolving the Technology is Key

I've spoken with other VSys One users from other hospital facilities, and was initially surprised at how differently they organize their data from us. But then I realized that this is the beauty in the products...we can turn it into what works for us. This has really made my overall experience with the product a great one.

Pros

I started using VSys One about nine years ago when I joined my organization. They had purchased it about a year prior, but were still very green in figuring out the different features. What I love is that the product that we have today is not the same from nine years ago. It has evolved based on customer's feedback and requests. I appreciate being able to call customer service with a problem, and then learning that there are features that are there to suit my needs.

Cons

Initially, there were constant webinars being offered that assisted new users in learning more about the system. That has not happened for a while, and I know that getting that going is a large task. In the meantime, I appreciate the catalogue of prior webinars available on their website for our newer users to learn from. I've often referred our newer staff to those, as well as the online documentation to search for answers.

Scott from MD Anderson Cancer Center

It's exactly what you need it to be!

From set up to implantation, the support staff at VSys One was there to guide me in the best way to create my workflows. Their experience and assistance is an invaluable resource!

Pros

It can adapt to your own department procedures and help reduce paper while increasing face to face time with volunteers. There are a lot of regulations and rules we need to ensure volunteers are aware of and VSys One makes tracking this easy!

Cons

I can't think of anything I dislike about it.

Pamela from Blumenthal Performing Arts

Industry: Performing Arts

Great Company

I love working with VSys One and all of those that give support. VSYS has always given exceptional customer service. We had a unique situation and needed some of the program built specifically for our theaters and they were so helpful in building a product that met all of our needs

Pros

The product is very easy to use even for some of our users with very limited computer skills.

Brian from Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital

MFB VSys Review

Pros

The possibilities with VSys are endless. The ability to create custom forms with pictures, links and attachments is great. Also being able to have volunteers upload requirements makes the onboarding process much more efficient and eliminates the need for paper. Customer Service is also very helpful and can work through any problems you might have.

Cons

The possibilities are endless but there is A LOT of behind the scenes effort that goes into creating the forms and pages. Unfortunately, VSys is not the most user friendly operating system when it comes to creating forms and the reporting tool. it helpful to have customer service set those up but again it is a lot of work. There are also times when systems that have been in place for awhile just stop working, such as notifications and or sections on forms.

Meredith from Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System

VSys Platform and Customer Service is Great!

Let me qualify my previous answers/ratings above by stating that I am not tech savvy. Therefore, the customer service team at VSys is what makes it such a wonderful company. They are patient, knowledgeable and very friendly. I appreciate your customer service team very much for they make navigating VSys much easier thus allowing me to do my job without the frustration of endless troubleshooting.

Pros

I like the easy access to our volunteer information through VSys and the different ways to manage it and run reports.

Cons

I find that the software is not intuitive at times and that I need to call customer service often for guidance and support.

Reasons for Switching to VSys One

I am not sure as I did not work in the Volunteer Services office at the time of the switch to VSys.

Sarah from Covenant HealthCare

Vsys Review

I have had very good success with VSYS. I like to believe I am tech savvy but there is quite a bit I don’t understand or have difficulty using.

Pros

Cons

It is very difficult to navigate for those who struggle with technology. There are so many areas to look for things and the inability to easily navigate between the tools. It is expensive and it seems like I pay a significant amount for service and do not have the ability to see updated webinars and customer service has not been knowledgeable enough recently to answer my questions. That piece is frustrating.

Macy from Boston Medical Center

Forward Looking

Pros

It has been a saving grace during all these uncertainties that we have a system that will be growing and changing with the times. It will reduce the amount of paper tracking and will set us up to be successful in a “new normal”. I have been talking with my colleagues in New England who are making the most of VSys now and we’re all so happy with the system.

Cons

We are so lucky to have been able to implement this program when volunteers were suspended from teh hospital. I don't know if we would of had the time to absorb as much of the program, and provide thought and input during the integration process.

Linda from Sharp Grossmont Hospital

10 years later and still happy!

We went with VSys as a system more than 10 years ago and we are still very happy with it. The customer service (phone, webinar, in-person) continues to be OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Pros

ability to pull information in various ways

Cons

still learning all the different features

Nancy from Yavapai Regional Medical Center

Overall review

Overall is very positive.

Pros

Cons

The one feature that doesn't work well for our program is the calendar process. We have not used this feature.

Anthony from adventhealth Tampa

VSYs ONE is a essential to your volunteer program

Pros

software allows us to track our volunteers hours, assignments, scheduling, the capability that the software gives us for running daily reports to help us better plan and manage our program. It gives us the opportunity to do mass emails, and text messaging to stay in touch with our volunteers.

Cons

mail merges are not user-friendly and working inside the template can be cumbersome.

Jacquie from Holland Home & Faith Hospice

Vsys One - is #1

Holland Home & Faith Hospice (over 800 volunteers - 4 campuses - and 6 business lines) is one of the first users of Vsys One in healthcare. I have worked with a number of end user software products throughout my 25 year career in healthcare (in various departments in healthcare) and have never experience a team like the Vsys One team! The product is incredibly flexible, reliable, stable, and expands as your program expands. The customer service is unmatched! On the rare occasion I need some type of support (usually for a question on how to do something I have not done before) - I ALWAYS get a live, friendly, knowledgeable person who quickly answers my question. Recently I have expanded to start using Vsys LIVE - so that I can process larger volumes of volunteers and interns in shorter periods of time - through the computer. By having them do everything possible on-line related to paperwork process, the time my team and myself spend with them is much more meaningful than having them read and sign a stack of required paperwork (especially for interns and hospice volunteers). I honestly cannot think of a single "con" ... except I wish I had more time to turn on even more features - but I have to pace myself and my staff. My IT/IS department LOVES Vsys One as well - because I am NO work for them at all. I administrate the system and if I do have a question I call Vsys. I am a low maintenance end user and since Vsys makes it easy for IT/IS ... everyone is happy!

Chris from Island Health

Best in every Way

My team has been working with VSysOne and VSysLite since December 2013 and they can't say enough positive things about the system. It is extremely user friendly. The customer service is impeccable! Hands down....the support staff are always helpful and take the time to walk you through the issue/situation. In particular Janelle, their Lead Trainer is a gem! She combines her personality soft skills with the ability to train and faciliate traings that are fun and explains the system in 'our language' - you won't leave confused at all, but wanting to know more about the system. The company overall is open to hearing your thoughts and suggestions to improve the system, AND they actually do make improvements/upgrades based on their clients feedback. This project took 4 years for us to narrow down a system that would fit our business requirements and VSysOne has excelled in every area that we were looking for in a Volunteer Management system. You can not go wrong with this system and you will be asking yourself - how did I work without it? Thank you so much,

July 2014

Dawn from Western Connecticut Health Network

July 2014

VSys One\VSys Live Review

We implemented VSys One/VSys Live in the spring of this year. I find the software to be feature rich and has many tools to make management of volunteers more efficient. Reporting is very easy to use and we can create custom reports to meet our business and compliance needs. In addition, VSys Live allows us to personalize the user experience to make the process of checking in and out easier for the users. The software support has been fantastic whether it be implementation and installations, data conversions or just reaching out to the help desk for assistance. Everyone I have come in contact with has delivered great customer support and always make sure we are taken care of. I also feel they really listen to our feedback and welcome our suggestions as they look to make improvements to the software.

June 2014

Carrie from Eugene Police Department

June 2014

VSys One Review

I have been using VSys One for over three years. Initially, I found it to be more complicated than the previous software we used (VolunteerWorks) but by participating in the webinars that are regularly offered, I have gotten very comfortable with it. The help desk staff are patient and extremely helpful. The reporting feature is outstanding. I'm able to customize reports, and if I can't figure out how to do what I want, the help desk will either do it for me or show me how to do it. Upgrades are released on a regular basis and VSys One is evolving and getting better and better (if that is possible)! I highly recommend this software.

Karrie from Sweeney Healthcare Enterprises

May 2014

Best Volunteer Software Ever!

VSys One is very user-friendly, both for the mangement side and on the volunteer side. If you need help, their Customer Service is extremely friendly and helpful. The kiosk/monitor screen has large, easy-to-see-and-use buttons and directions that volunteers of all ages can easily follow. Start-up was smooth and an easy transition from one program to VSys One.

Kate from GLWD

Vsys

Working with Vsys has been great - the customer service in particular is the absolute best!