Browse GCPay Reviews

Alice from Morley Builders

Great Product, Support and Value

From implementation it has been a very smooth process with plenty of support along the way. We utilize GCPay as a GC and Sub on all of our projects. It is extremely efficient from the start of each project and clear whose court the ball is in when there are pending items. It is a great product and value and we can't imagine life without it.

Pros

GCPay has greatly increased efficiency in our organization. It is easy to use for both general contractor and subcontractors and they provide 24/7 support which is extremely valuable in this industry. Periodic updates are made to increase the user interface and add features based on user feedback and common sense.

Cons

I would like to see a feature to provide subtotals on subcontractor schedule of values/billings either by phase (minimum) or by some other grouping/sorting method. This would add more value to the subcontractor billings on large projects to see % complete based on building/level/area/etc. We are still pending integration with Vista as the initial integration product was not successful.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

We felt Textura was a bit too complex for our needs and the cost was prohibitive to Owners and Subcontractors on our projects.

Michael from I-kota

Michael Lyon Review

I really do enjoy it. I've used both Procore and Textura and neither of those softwares are as efficient. I think GCPay has several simple, but very handle features that make me like it the most. It can be a bit expensive for smaller projects, but is a minor cost for a larger project. Seperating/breaking down pricing by project size/dollar value could be helpful for the smaller projects.

Pros

The user interface is extremely easy, allowing subcontractor to have few issues in submitting pay apps, creating SOV's, etc. Easy to talk through things with the phone. I also really like the ability to make it a requirement of attaching a lien waiver and having current insurance before they can submit a pay application.

Cons

I'd really like if the monthly cost bundle report could be separated/organized by division and not alphabetically. The alphabetical is never in order for the bank/owner compiled report, so each month I have to manually put them in order. An option to say what division/spec section the pay application is for would easily allow these reports to come across in the order they are needed. Needs better integration with Viewpoint Vista, specifically for pay application submission, as right now we still have to manually input sub pay apps into our accounting softwares which actually cut the checks.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

The ability to track insurance was the main difference. GCpay is also much faster though. Takes less than a minute to review/approve a pay app versus Procore takes 2-3 minutes. That adds up when you have 50+ pay apps a month.

Reasons for Switching to GCPay

Neither product was efficient in tracking insurance and lien waivers.

Lisa from Miller Valentine Group

Great Customer Service

Our accounting team has pay apps taken off their plate which allows them to be more efficient in others areas of their work.

Pros

Customer service has been terrific in handling questions/fixes.

Cons

Integration with our current software provides challenges. Although it relieves AP from the duty, it adds extra work for the PA's (syncing, receiving compliance, adding subs, extra email notifications, checking waivers, etc. One of the challenges that holds us back is we cant add a subcontract/subcontractor until they create an account. This is not a smooth process.

Reasons for Switching to GCPay

To find a program that subcontractors can submit their invoices per their subcontract & relieve AP from this duty.

Desiree from BNBuilders

GCPay is the best thing that ever happened to our company

We are using GCPay to keep our accounting staff organized and on top on the payment application process. The workflow for GCPay is simple and easy to follow. Gives our project managers an easy way to review pay applications without worrying about the paperwork or math errors or using email to deal with errors. All the communication is captured in the Audit Trail for each project.

Pros

Organizes and manages the subcontractor application and lien waiver process, notifications to subcontractors and staff is flawless. Import into our accounting system is seamless. Customer Service is quick and always pleasant

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about it.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

Ease of use, customer service support, all in one communication tool for managing subcontractor pay applications.

Barbara from Evans General Contractors, LLC

User friendly

GCPay has been great. Their customer support team is exceptional and all issues are resolved quickly.

Pros

Very easy to use for both the GC and subcontractors.

Cons

Sometimes finding the documents needed are a little challenging - mostly because the sub uploaded the documents in the wrong place! Also don't like that we have to contact support to reject a pay app that has already been approved.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

Customer service for Textura is horrible. When trying to get new waivers uploaded it can take WEEKS with Textura, which is unacceptable. The opening/closing of draws is also time consuming, which is non-existent with GCPay. The cost of GCPay is much lower which raises our job profitability.

Krystal from Onni Contracting

GCPay

Pros

The best part of this software is the ease and transparency given between the GC and the Subcontracts. This cuts back on day to day status communication and draws. Also the restriction to billing constricted to the value of the line item makes this software easy to use and very straight forward for all parties.

Cons

Still working on getting a few details for Canada specifically worked out but the development team has been great in working with our company's needs.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

The ease and use of the software was a big selling point as well as the price.

Candice from Onni Contracting LTD

C. Brown-John GCPay Review

This has really improved the contract payments for the AP team and has helped vendors with their billing. We can process more billings in a month and the vendor can submit all required documentation in GC Pay instead of mailing/emailing - this has streamlined and centralized the process

Pros

This project is very user friendly. It's easy to navigate through and it's easy to train staff and vendors on as it's so functional. It also tracks the process so that everyone can see what has happened in the different areas. This transparency to both staff and vendors helps the relationships and to identify where areas can be improved.

Cons

Some things cannot be adjusted by the administrator and the GCPay team support needs to be contacted for assistance. They are great and helpful but it would be great to be able to do those adjustments in house.

Reasons for Switching to GCPay

To streamline and centralize the contract processes

Leah from Tofel Dent Construction, LLC

Customer Support is on Point!

Great. Customer Support is unparalleled.

Pros

User friendly interface. Customer Support is phenomenal.

Cons

Would like more Compliance capabilities (ie. export list, etc.)

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

Company decision. Integration with Viewpoint Vista.

Christian from Chandos

Good Product

As mentioned in the Pros there are many benefits to using this software. Would like options to add reminders for billing or send notices of incompliance before billings are submitted.

Pros

Consolidates billings in an easy to track software. Easy for visual tracking

Cons

No option to set reminders to subtrades when to bill every month. Needs to be done via email.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

GC pay seemed to integrate better into our systems.

Easy option for project billing

GCPay allows out accounting and project management teams to work together when it comes to billing. It is clear to see problems that have popped up and to integrate it with our accounting programs.

Pros

GC Pay allows subcontractors to bill individually for each project with ease. It is clear to use and helps keep the digital paper trail with easy to read audit reports.

Cons

The inability for companies to make changes to their login with out calling GC PAY is a little frustrating.

emily from Evans General Contractors

GC Pay - A lot of potential with some strong high points, but here is what it is lacking...

I will say when we first began testing projects out on GC Pay, I was not a fan at all. Overtime my opinion has definitely changed, especially as their digital signature/notary features expanded and become more legitimate. If they take the advice from these surveys and use it to make some fundamental changes and expand on a few current features, I think they have potential to be a fan favorite over other CPM systems. Currently I would not advocate to collogues that this is the clear winner among other systems, but I definitely could see that being the case if the previously mentioned issues, were addressed.

Pros

I like the overall simplicity of GC Pay's interface. From the dashboard, to more detailed tabs, it is pretty user friendly compared to other CPM systems that can get intimidating with constant updates, or 'modernization' so-to-speak. GC Pay has been really good about developing updates but only the necessary ones. When we first began using GC Pay, there was no digital notarization and the digital signature feature was very weak. It has come along way in a short time, in my opinion. The customer service is also extremely responsive and helpful, for both the contractor and the subcontractor. I have never had to wait more than an hour for a solution/ help during business hours. The ability to have instantaneous access to custom waivers is huge also. Some of our waivers or documents are needed on a project by project basis, and other systems we have used have a turn around time of at least 4-6 weeks usually, to get any custom waivers in the system and accessible. The settings are extremely customizable for these also which is very convenient.

Cons

The way fee is applied is extremely troublesome to a overwhelming amount of users (for us it is our subcontractors). It is deducted from the invoice at the time of transaction. This throws off accounting for subs and the only real solution we have found, has been to have the sub breakout a line item in their SOVs for ACH fees, to bill again each pay period based on the $$ billed. It would be ideal to have them apply the fee as a contract amount at the beginning, and if the contract amount changes via change orders throughout the duration of the project, have the additional fee reconciled at the end of the project. This is how other systems have done this. Additionally, there is a real lack in reporting features. For example, there is no way to combine all pay applications with uploaded waivers into one combined document for a given month, without downloading individual waivers from subs and then manually inserting those waivers behind each pay app in the monthly bundle report. It would be nice to be able to have all in one place, and also to be able to opt out of the cover sheet and activity log sheet to be included behind those. I am sure there are other reports or document collection features i could think of that are offered by other CPM competitors but in general i would say that GC Pay needs expand on the ability to combine/download pay app packages & backup. There also is limited capability for a user to delete certain items without involvement of support.

Dominique from Palace Construction Co., Inc.

GCPay is a Time Saver!

Our overall experience has been very positive. The program is easy to use for the most part and it satisfies the major requirements of our organization. We plan to implement the ACH payment function this year. We also look forward to future enhancements so that we can use GCPay to its fullest potential.

Pros

Our organization has benefitted greatly since implementing GCPay. The ease with which our subcontractors can create and submit billings, coupled with the seamless and quick integration with SAGE 300 has saved our Accounting staff countless hours. BENEFITS: Subcontractors cannot bill for change orders that have not been approved. Subcontractors cannot overbill a line item or the total contract value. Subcontractors can easily upload any required documentation to their billing. Contractors can use their own billing forms, waiver forms, etc. GCPay Support is very responsive.

Cons

We would like to use GCPay more in the area of sub-tier and supplier management. That is currently a function of GCPay, but could use some enhancements before it will function to our needs. We also do not email waivers through GCPay at this time because there is no customization of the transmittal/cover sheet. We would love that option!

Price Ease of Use

CC from Pinnacle

The only way to handle trade pay apps

GCPay has been my #1 software since I implemented it 10+ years ago. The integration with originally timberline was a huge step for us to bring tech into construction. The ease of use to track when pay applications were submitted, lien management and the audit trail are key features. When the secondary tier grid came out it was a game changer for us to monitor what materials were delivered to site vs what the trades turned in. It allows our superintendents to approve or decline pay applications which gives them ownership in the process.

Pros

GC pay is extremely easy to use and has the functionality to manage the trade workflow throughout the pay application process. Excellent customer service to handle questions. Continually improving the software over the years. It’s also a full paperless process.

Cons

I would like to see the trade process managed from onboarding. To able to house documents associated with the trades. Also a mobile app for superintendents.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

Ease of use and sage 300 CRE Intergation.

Jesse from Essex General Construction, Inc.

Easy to Use

GC Pay doesn't integrate with PCMX, so it took a while for me to get on board. However, even with the double work I would not be eager to switch to another product. The system is easy to get subcontractors who have never used it on board quickly, which can be a challenge with new products.

Pros

The organization of pay apps, waivers, and compliance items in regards to communication with our subcontractors. Keeps us all on the same page.

Cons

I would like to be able to get all needed documents in one file for billing purposes. So I guess I'd say the lack of custom reports/documents. Would like to be able to modify final waivers as sometimes this is needed. Also, would like more control over notifications such as the date pay apps are due and close the billing period at the end of the month (or other selected day). I don't like that I can't correct things on my end, that I have to go through support. Although Support is incredibly quick to respond which is great.

Price

Donna from BNB

Couldn't survive without it!

It is a great program. I have used one of the main competitors programs , a few years ago, and I can't believe how much easier GC PAY is to navigate. I think the most important thing is that our subs can use it effectively and get the help they need if they hit a road block. That is exactly what GC PAY provides.

Pros

The thing that has impressed me most about GC Pay is the tech support. I have never seen a tech support department that was more available, more responsive, and more knowledgeable on any software I have ever used. They are gracious, and extremely helpful to both Subcontractor user and to me. I also like the simplicity of the program. It does what it needs to do and is not overreaching to the point where it is too complicated for the infrequent user.

Cons

I think it is a little weak on the change order process, (adding Change Orders to existing contracts). Also when the Subcontractors have to build the SOV at the start of their interaction with GC Pay, it does not seem to be intuitive, since we have many subs that struggle at this point. Then again when they need to add CO's to the SOV. I would also like some training or instruction modules built into the program so that when you have to do things you haven't done in a while, you can click a "?" for a quick run thru. An example of this is the CO's again. When I have not had a Co come thru for a while, I stumble on how to integrate it, and see if the sub has done their part. I would like to see some kind of progress bar, maybe, where is shows you who court the ball is in as far as approving Pay apps and Schedule of Values and Cos

Beth from Skybeck Construction

Best support team I have ever worked with

We were actually beginning to put out feelers for a software development company to build an application we could use for tracking Pay Apps when we stumbled on GC Pay. It had everything we wanted and then some so our experience has been great! Everyone through the whole process has been extremely helpful and ready to help us use GC Pay to its full extent.

Pros

GC Pay makes tracking Pay Applications very streamlined and efficient. Its for the most part the application is intuitive and user friendly and for the few occasions when it is necessary to contact support they are immediately available, always a real person, and not only solve your issue, but usually give you some tips and tricks to make things easier going forward.

Cons

The list of options may be a little intimidating when you are first setting up, to know what to default to for your company setting, but again, talk it through with your support rep and they will walk you through the process very quickly. The only issue we have not been able to resolve is some type of confirmation that Pay App reminders are being auto-emailed to our Subcontractors each month. We are told it is happening, but have been unable to resolve a way that we can confirm they are actually going out.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

It was ready to go on day one!

Tammy from Auld & White Construction

GCPay Happy User

The problem we had before with hard copy pay apps was that processing them was very time consuming and with GCPay it is a breeze. The audit trail shows when a pay app is submitted so there is no misunderstanding if it comes in late or wasn't submitted. Such was the case with hard copies in the past. I love that you can bring a pay app back into the system and re-enter if you had a problem with that billing. Another great thing is all the Subs waivers are submitted with their pay app or when their check is ready we have the ability to send them another copy of the waiver we need. Also, everything (subcontractors requisitions and lien waivers as well as third party waivers) can all be stored is stored in GCPay.

Pros

I like that it stream lines the pay app process. All the people that need to see Subcontractors pay apps has quick easy access to it at any given time. I like that the Subcontractor can speak/email GCPay with any questions that they have regarding the set up or submitting their pay app.

Cons

One thing I think might be helpful is a space for the PM to put notes on the Exportable Applications for Payment screen so that when the user is bringing over pay apps the PM could put such comments as to what month he wants the pay app to go in if it comes in late.

James from Westland Construction

GCPay all day, everyday!

Great. Their are very friendly and effective. They've made my job very easy and a lot of our subs love GCPay just as much as I do.

Pros

It is a huge time saver that ensures the billings we receive from our subcontractors are accurate. We can import and post draws for our subs within minutes as opposed to hours that took before doing it manually. It makes creating, reviewing, and managing all the waivers we need from our subs and their suppliers very easy and automated.

Cons

Like all products, there are always room to improve. I'm hopeful that one day we'll see more, simpler control in changing the waivers we need from subs and suppliers. I would like to see the known "CO# Null" error resolved once and for all as well, which occurs in the way GCPay reads contracts that feed from ViewPoint. With both of these issues though, their support team is always quick to respond and resolve our needs when we need something adjusted.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

Like all things that fuel the beast, money.

Jennifer from Magellan Construction, LLC

The Best Pay App Streamlining

Pros

GCPay has allowed us to streamline major business functions, save time and resources, better manage project financials and has increased efficient, effective communications with subcontractors. This application has been a definite game changer for our team. We certainly wished we would have implemented much sooner!

Cons

Features that could definitely be improved or enhanced would be integrations. Allowing integrations with a wider option of accounting software as well as project management software would be of great value.

Wendy from Brinkmann Constructors

My experience with GC Pay

It has streamlined our pay apps with the subs and it ensure that everyone that billed and gotten approved they will get paid. It leaves little room for error or miscommunication. The subs who are new to the program will have a slight learning curve, but if they are willing to learn and amend the process, it goes quickly and easily.

Pros

The greatest feature from my perspective is the ease the subs can bill. It is a bit of a learning curve with the subs, but once they try it they usually like it since they actually just enter in what they are billing for that month. The don't have produce an actual AIA form. It produces it for them once they have entered in their information.

Cons

The feature I struggle with most is the waiver/liabilities section. It isn't easy to change the amount of the waiver submitted by the the subcontractor. For example if they enter in they are going to pay a sub $2500.00 and only submit a waiver for $1,500.00, it isn't easy to change this amount. I wish this could be changed as it occurs, rather than contacting support each time.

Sherry from Cityscape Residential LLC

Best thing to happen in the Construction industry

From day one the support to get the system up and running and keeping it running every day has been great. Most of our subs love it. And the updates that have come out in the last year just keep improving the product. It just keeps getting better.

Pros

Waiver tracking, retainage locked down, takes the math out of the hands to the users, makes billing easy for our subs, on-line approvals so field can walk the site and review billing accuracy. Best product support team that I've ever worked with from a user and admin prospective.

Cons

I wish I could print signed waivers by type of waiver rather than having to print all waivers/documents and get the unsigned copies too.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

Cost to purchase and get up and running, ease of use, user recommendations, and no costs to the subs (and therefore increasing costs through bids and change orders).

Ming from Onni Group

Easy but it works

Simple product that just works. Customer support for subcontractors and internal staff is great. All of our project managers love this tool. It saves time on both subcontractor side and project manager approval side. Subcontractors can only draw on approved contracts and change orders and with all compliance documents submitted. Subcontractor has the option to receive payment via ACH.

Pros

GCpay is simple to use, from subcontractor registration to submission, project manager approval, compliance collections to payment. Their license model makes this product very inexpensive compared to their competitors.

Cons

No ability to customize reporting or API. You can download reports into Excel but this can be tedious and 1 contract at a time. Setup can be tedious as well since you can only upload SOV one contract at a time by the end user. Their development team is very small, hence sometimes slow response.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

Price and functionality, ease of setup.

Debbie from Parkway Construciton

Use of GC Pay

I'm so incredibly impressed with GC Pay's responsiveness when placing a call for support. I don't believe I've ever waited more than 2 minutes for someone to answer my call. Also, I get the same person lots of time. I feel like they are my personal rep. They are very courteous and are always able to assist me. I sometimes feel like I'm asking a silly question but they always have the answer. Don't think I've ever had them put me on hold to ask someone else to assist. They are awesome and I tell them this when I call.

Pros

Ease of securing lien waivers, being able to reject lien waivers, audit trail notes, actual view of pay application.

Cons

When viewing a pay application and I go to the audit trail, liabilites tab etc. I have to start all over with the job to get back to that sub's pay application.

Riley from RJM Construction

GC Pay Review

I have loved working with GC Pay so far. They are very helpful and insightful. They welcome all suggestions and plan on expanding their product every month.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use for the subcontractors and the digital signatures on Lien Waivers.

Cons

I believe that digital signatures on pay apps would be helpful and better system for supplier liabilities and lien waivers.

Ease of Use and price

Deb from BN Builders

What I think

I also think that minimizing BN Builders "risk", potential lien issues would be harder to manage if GC Pay was not being utilized

Pros

I think the best feature is that all docs from subs can be stored here. It is a great "vault" for them.

Cons

The difficulty lies in two areas: 1) proper training for new employees so in that regard, many mistakes have to be corrected on a regular basis 2) sometimes the settings fail, ex. waivers don't automatically send after payment even though it is set up to do so 3)integration issues occur but I believe it is mostly "operator error" where they do not follow the correct steps to fix/change something My team (there are 5 of us) are responsible for fixing export errors and GC Pay errors/problems. Figuring out what I have permissions to do, who I need to contact for help (internal or GC Pay) . Believe me this process takes some time and is not easy to figure out what to do. Seems like maybe I have at minimum, 5 corrections each week.

Edward from Andres Construction Services

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Grove Review- Ed Martin

Great , Customer Service is EXCELLENT and supports with help quickly and effectively. Overall it is a great product, it has a few small quirks but overall makes Construction billing periods way easier as a Gen Contractor with 40 + Subs.

Pros

Able to calculate 40 + Subs on Monthly Draws and keeping all issues minimal where everything is input by subs or myself with adding totals and clicking buttons upon review. No Traditional Pay Aps with Hard Plugging. Extremely easy to use.

Cons

If you move to faster with Rejecting Pay Aps, Then approving Change orders and retotaling and resubmitting pay ap with CO and correct totals for billing. Some times it doesnt upload the current Pay ap in PDF viewing where G702 and SOV totals mis- match. Not a consistent issue but happens from time to time.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

Was not my choice it was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] or Software managers choice , but it is a damn good choice. I recommend to anyone of my connections through construction due to Great support and overall usability .

David from Forrester Construction

GC Pay review

I enjoy using the software. I use it almost every day and I don't dread having to use it like I do with other software programs that I have to use.

Pros

I believe that the software is extremely user friendly from a GC's perspective and it streamlines the pay application process. I like the checks and balances to ensure that we don't miss anything.

Cons

There are some integration issues with SAGE and things don't always work correctly. Apparently many subcontractors also hate working with the software while others don't mind it. GC Pay could potentially reach out to these users to get a better understanding of any issues they are encountering.

Kelly from S. M. Wilson & Co.

GCPay Software Review

Pros

The features I like most in GCPay.com is the ease of reviewing and approving of lien waivers and that they offer a place to track lower tier suppliers/subcontractors electronically so that it eliminates many errors and revisions that would take place often.

Cons

I would like to see a tracking system that could be used for diversity and inclusion and tracking manhours and cost of work done by MBE, WBE, etc. contractors. I also think it would be beneficial to have your own dashboard be the main home page when you open the website and custom reports would be a nice feature as well.

Joseph from Tarlton Corporation

Great product and great value

Pros

GC Pay allows us to keep a lean staff while providing the same level of service to other divisions of the company. The ease of use for us and subcontractors has completely changed the nature of our Project Accountants (focusing on volume and cost as opposed to compliance). The Compliance tracking and collection is nearly automatic and invaluable.

Cons

I think hourly reporting in GC Pay should be the next feature to consider/upgrade. 100% of our projects have workforce goals, and that is an area that is lacking.

Michelle from The Core Group

Great Tool

I think it is a great tool and it has saved us a lot of time as well as paper. It is nice not to have to print everything and know at any given time I can log in and find important documentation.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate and find needed documents. I like that it synchs with our separate accounting program and downloads payment applications directly there. This eliminates the possibility of paying the wrong amount on any invoices.

Cons

Its a bit rigid. If change orders come into play, the system cannot back track and adjust itself. We have to call and get customer support to delete and reset for us. Some of the reports cannot be customized to our needs. Occasionally waivers are sent prematurely or not at all.

Garland from Alcorn Construction, Inc.

Overall Thrilled With Program

Pros

The integration for the software was very easy to use and is open for customization suggestions.

Cons

1. There could be an implementation of a report that bundles only retention requests for a project that would cover the life span of a project. 2. Vendors open requests, but forget to fully submit their request by meeting the requirements for full submission. Could a prompt or warning message be given to the subcontractor/consultant if the request is not fully submitting after a certain length of time.

Micah from Ridgemont Commercial Construction

GCPay Review

GCPay has been awesome. It has reduced errors with pay applications tremendously. We were constantly battling with subcontractors who wanted to bill for change orders that were not approved and now everything is tied in with Vista so the projects cannot be overbilled

Pros

I like that the software is integrated with our accounting software. This is CRITICAL. This ensures all the dollar amounts match for each subcontract/purchase order

Cons

I'm not thrilled about the waiver review process, I wish the waivers could be viewed simultaneously when you are reviewing the pay applications.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

We picked GCPay because of the costs and the features it provided. The flat rate billing for each project is perfect. As we were growing, we were needing more help in accounting. This allowed us to grow exponentially without needing additional help

Renee from Auld & White Constructors, LLC

Totally changed our workflow!

The time it saves to get all the pay requests entered each month is truly remarkable! Also, to have the release of lien right at our fingertips is a real plus.

Pros

Being able to import all the pay apps rather than manually entering each one.

Cons

This was not a hard transition. I have no negative comments.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

The customer reviews were incredible. I even called a few businesses and thought this is to good to be true...but GC Pay lived up to the reviews.

Kate from Harvey Construction

Basic but High-Performing

GC Pay does what we need it to do, and does that well. We sometimes get pushback about asking subcontractors to use it, but 99 out of 100 times people find it to be easier than whatever method they were using before. It's a simple system that makes billing easier for us and our subcontractors. It works well for us.

Pros

We rely on GC Pay for ease of use. It's slightly more basic than some competitive products, but we find this is a huge benefit for users.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with our other software.

Ben from lee kennedy co inc

Would highly recommend

We have experienced far fewer processing errors which has saved time and money. Free for our subs. Easy to use . Can tell product was well thought out and delivered

Pros

Ability to cut cost and time. Efficiency and flexibility is key in a fast pace industry - GC Pay's platform allows for just that. We have used other programs in the past that don't deliver the quality and services GC Pay does

Cons

No feature to label project taxable or tax exempt

Laura from Auld & White Constructors, LLC.

GCPay is Awesome!

Pros

The product is simple to use and all the documents are able to be located with ease. It also allows for less of a need for physical paper. Documents are able to be processed faster/more efficiently and our customers are able to receive payment quicker due to this.

Cons

For my experience, I have not encountered a negative experience other than it keeps logging me out on Google Chrome after a few days.

Gahum from Quiring General LLc.

GC Pay Review

Excellent. Great customer service support.

Pros

The software is user friendly and easy to learn.

Cons

Have to call customer services to reverse an approval that was made by mistake. Also, need to add an option that sets a cutoff date for subs to submit bills for current month. This prevents subs from submitting pay apps late.

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

This was my first software. I haven't used another product to compare to.

Carrie from Parkway C&A, L.P.

GCPay

Overall, great customer service and a great software. I like the new search feature that allows searching by person/email.

Pros

It doesn't let anyone skip steps. We find out when we have the incorrect tax ID number.

Cons

Subs have trouble creating the retention billing. It is difficult to tell which vendor to choose when they share a tax ID number with other offices across the nation.

Tammi from Verdad Construction Services, LLC

Great software

My overall experience has been fantastic. It was the easiest implementation and syncs with our Accounting software as promised. It has made this part of my job more manageable.

Pros

It has greatly simplified our internal processes of change orders and draws for subs ensure timely payment and accuracy of their payment.

Cons

The charge per draw, we allow the subs to bill us back but I have to do a work around because if they bill back through GC Pay their will be another charge. We are considering paying for all subs fees on our projects.

Ben from BNBuilders

Industry: Biotechnology

Analyst Review

GC Pay has streamlined our subcontract process and we (and all of our subs) love it! Customer service team (espeically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) is fantastic.

Pros

The ease of use is the best. This software is not intimidating and can be used by anyone at any level.

Cons

It's frustrating how it automatically approves negative CO's. I would love to be able to have the sub break those out.

Ross from Parkway C&A, LP

Great subcontractor payment processing portal

Payment coordination between our accounting software and subcontractor seems to flow much easier due to GCPay. Communications is also important, which GCPay allows comments to be processed along with each pay application.

Pros

Easy of storing all schedule of values, liabilities and insurance in one place. Also, very helpful in getting subcontractor invoices and information into the system to be able to review quickly and easily.

Cons

Lien waivers might be made a little easier to upload to and from sub tiered vendors.

Michael from Links Construction LLC

Trade Partners integration made easy!

What was a manual process is now automated and efficient.

Pros

It took a previously cumbersome and laborious process and made it simple, integrated and efficient.

Cons

As a user, the approval work flow is not intuitive. One has to go searching at times for the document to be processed.

Reasons for Switching to GCPay

Increase efficiency and predictability.

Judy from Onni Contracting Ltd

Overall is easy to use and the support team is very helpful and prompt replied

Pros

already set up the payment schedule and easy for vendor to submit claim

Cons

1) if the SOV has 500 lines with different cost code, I need to click for 500 times to map it 2) tax portion (still need to improve because we cannot claim PST on top of GST)

Tim from RJM Construction

Thumbs up for GCPay

Pros

GC Pay has made the monthly invoice review and approval process much simpler and accessible for our project managers. Having all invoices collected and grouped by project on one singular platform has greatly increased our end of month productivity.

Cons

Integration with our existing software and accounting programs was the largest hurdle to overcome but was still achieved with solid behind the scenes work from the GCPAy tech support people.

Reasons for Switching to GCPay

GC Pay was a far more efficient system than what we were previously working with. The simple backcheck that only allowed subcontractors to bill for their subcontract value and not allowing them to bill for future change orders was worth its price in of itself. Once GC Pay was fully implemented, our project managers can around very quickly to the new system. We have also received very possible feedback from our subcontractors, as well.

Patricia from The Conlan Company

GCPay Review

Pros

The system is easy to work with and explain to individuals who are just starting.

Cons

Wish they had where you can get all the signatures and the notaries from the same company so that waivers did not have to be downloaded. Would like more control in deletions and changes once interfaced into the system.

Sylvia from Verdad Construction Services

My GC Pay expierence

Love it

Pros

I love that I don't have to keep an excel spreadsheet of contract amounts and new change orders and revised contract amounts.

Cons

I do not like the GC Pay fees at the end of the project Someway the GC pay fee should be automatically be billed into the pay app that is being submitted. A the end of the billing you still have to submit another change order for the last pay app you just submitted. Its kind of never ending if you don't know how to /bill/pay the last fee outside of the contract Also, To many email notifications when you approve 1 pay app

Reasons for Choosing GCPay

User friendly, no paperwork involved.

Taylor from Forrester Construction

Pros

The software is very user friendly, and the ease of access makes my job a lot easier. Customer support is always there to help quick and efficiently.

Cons

I can't see what my subcontractors see on their end - making it difficult to help them sometimes without calling the support team.

Christie from Links Construction, LLC

Great Tool!

I feel it has been a great tool for our company, especially during the "work from home" time for our company during this pandemic.

Pros

Two favorite things about GC Pay, user friendly program and the customer service is spot on!

Cons

I'm not sure there is anything I would consider a con at this time.

Blake from Parkway C&A, LP

Transparent platform for all facets of the financial payment process

It takes the headache out of subcontractors payment unknowns. All can view transparently and know the sticking point.

Pros

All users can jump on and see the status of payments

Cons

It would be great to have the liabilities tab viewable will reviewing the payment rather than jumping from tab to tab

Cassidy from Brinkmann Constructors

I would recommend.

Pros

I like how organized this system is, how much easier it made to keep track of everything being uploaded and approved, or not approved and revised etc.

Cons

Integration took a long time for everyone to really use the software confidently. It is also a pain that we cannot see the same thing as a subcontractor does and that if they need any help they need to reach out to GC Pay and that we cannot help them.