• Pros

• "I like the software for this program. The online program is easy to navigate and easy to find what I’m looking for ex: totals, fees etc.."

• "I love that it makes the importing of data from GoPayment to Quickbooks online seamless. We have liked it and used it now for several years after we had used Square Payments for 3-4 years."

• "I love this software! It was extremely intuitive to set up and it makes accepting payment a breeze!"

• Cons

• "Sometimes difficult to setup, but for the most part very reliable."

• "There was a bit of a wait for the credit card scanner but we just manually keyed the credits cards until we received it. So, it wasn't a big deal."

• "A couple of the guys had a lot of trouble setting up their account in the beginning. Once we got them set up, it works pretty well"

Browse QuickBooks Payments Reviews

Nathan from Complete Carpet

Fast and easy credit card processing

I was using a set desktop solution before that had a long term commitment. This allowed us to take mobile payments anywhere we had a cell phone and get out of those long term contracts. Also it smoothly integrated into QuickBooks so it was a win-win for us.

Pros

I has many options for taking a credit card payment. Plug in chip reader, take a picture of the card or a Bluetooth card reader is available. I like that it's month to month and if I don't use it I don't have to pay anything. It's simple and easy to integrate into quickbooks. It has a good back end that you can access from a computer to manage your payments and who is taking those payments.

Cons

The cost is cheaper if you pay monthly and high volume but more expensive for the smaller low volume months. When you get logged out it can be a slow process at times to get logged back in while a customer is waiting to give you their payment.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2018

Hi Nathan. I'm glad the integration options and flexible methods for processing have provided a simple payment management system for Complete Carpet. Thanks for reviewing, and for being a member of the QuickBooks family. If you're running into latency with logins, rest assured I've got you covered. I suggest uninstalling/reinstalling the GoPayment app, which is the easier way to ensure your software is updated. This simple troubleshooting step will get you back up to speed and cut-down on customer wait times. Before you go, I want to ensure you continue to get the most from the payment system. The support landing page for the program has insights into the connection to QuickBooks, as well: https://community.intuit.com/products/quickbooks-payments-help-en-us. As for the price, I'd be glad to discuss your options. There are alternatives for your average volume, and I've got the tools to dig into your account. We'll go from there. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Nishawne from Forma Beautique

Industry: Cosmetics

Works well

It's a really easy to use way to charge my clients and it interfaces nicely with my Quickbooks

Pros

I have found this software easy to use. Customers like the interface though it keeps changing. The changes The changes tell me they are constantly trying to improve their product

Cons

As a service provider I don't like that I cannot set the tips where I would like them to be. They are preset and there's nothing I can do about it. Even clients have commented that I should change it but I can't.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2018

I'm delighted to read the product is working so well for you, Nishawne. Though you can add tips to transactions (community.intuit.com/articles/1599562), we love hearing from you guys about how we can improve. As you mentioned, the engineers work tirelessly to ensure our products provide the best value on the market. Part of that means listening very carefully to what our customers have to say, as any changes you may have noticed are a direct effect of your feedback. You know better than anyone what would best fit Forma Beautique's needs, so I'll gladly forward your ideas to the Development Team directly. Implementing a preset gratuity is a brilliant idea, and I thank you for sharing it. Moving forward, you can stay up-to-date on all new and exciting changes at the QuickBooks Blog, here: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. I appreciate you for leaving this GoPayment review, by the way. Thanks for being the best part of QuickBooks, and have a great weekend. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Quick Books Makes things easy

Overall, We love QuickBooks payments because we get paid quickly from our customers using credit cards.

Pros

I love that we can take payments from our customers easily.

Cons

It took a long time for us to get a card reader.

Dan from Artisan Technologies LLC

Quickbook Payments Fraud

The worst customer service period.

Pros

Billing and payment receipt can be fast but Quickbooks also determines legitmacy of bills and is currently withholding $16k for funds it received from a client that it won't return to the sender nor will they deposit it the company that invoiced account.

Cons

How can a company decide after a payment has been made that the company invoicing does not have a right to do so. Quickbooks keeps the $16k in funds that was paid. The instructions provided by Quickbooks is the sender has to file paperwork to retrieve the funds while it sits on QB's bank account. The sale is lost. The client relationship Is severed. QB has the power to do this? Is this legal?

CharRon from A Serious Production

Use Quickbook Payment

I am glad Quickbook has a card reader and website button to increase my customer purchase options

Pros

Just like Square, you are able to get payments from customers using a card reader or online button.

Cons

the charges in a downturn. You get charge to buy their card reader and they charge you for transaction. So, now you have to charge the customer more to get your exact amount.

Quickbook charges are higher

Sam from Sam Jolman, MA LPC, Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Outstanding Rates

The rate is worth it alone. But I would appreciate a bit more user friendly interface.

Pros

The rate Quickbooks offers is the best around. I pay the little extra to get the rate. Its fairly easy to use the product and convenient to use my phone.

Cons

The bluetooth card reader disconnects after a few minutes and takes a bit more to get reconnected first. That's hard for intermittent sales.

Better rate!

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2020

Hey there, Sam. It's awesome to hear about your positive experience with the product. To address the problem you're having with the card reader, we encourage you to perform the troubleshooting steps in this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/do-more-with-quickbooks/quickbooks-card-reader-connection-troubleshoot/00/139868/page/2. Doing so should target the issue directly. Wishing you the best of luck! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Kris from Natura Clean

Quickbooks Payments make it easy for a price

Pros

It was easy because it integrates with Quickbooks. I entered something and it was automatically entered into Quickbooks. I didn’t have to do any extra entering.

Cons

The price, fees, and lack of transparency. The fees were very high and it was too difficult to figure out what I was paying and why. I felt like a hostage to the program because I couldn’t figure out if there was a way that I could control the fees. I detested this part of it. I switched to a transparent provider with lower fees because of this. I have to do a bit more manually because it doesn’t integrate like QB Payments does, but it’s worth it to not feel like I am at the mercy of a program/provider.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payments

It integrated with Quickbooks.

Martin from American Philatelic Society

Quick Payment

This payment solution has been great. Quick pay time, easily integrates with Quickbooks and it is very easy to set up and use.

Pros

Easy to use, appears very secure and customer like the payment method. The ability to use this at events and even at client locations make this one of the best ways to accept credit cards.

Cons

The security is so tight that sometimes it can be hard to get signed in. We don’t use it every day so sometimes it takes a few tried to get the log in correct. That’s as much a user issue as it is a complaint. Naturally, I’d Like lower fees but for periodic usage, this a great value.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payments

Easier to use and lower cost to use.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Empowering you with the tools you need to make your job easier is our top priority, Martin. We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks GoPayment to receive your hard earned money even faster! To learn about the security measures is place, we recommend checking out the Community: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for an awesome review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Sibylle from Reconciled Bookkeeping and Consulting LLC

QuickBooks Payments - Kind to Bookkeepers

I consider QuickBooks Payments an excellent method for making it easy for customers to pay and easy to track their payments.

Pros

Unlike other CC processors, QuickBooks Payments doesn't take out fees upfront. Instead, income enters the bookkeeping (automatically, if you have QuickBooks) in the correct gross income amounts, and fees are charged as a separate expense transaction. This makes bookkeeping much easier than when using other processors. It's also very easy for customers to pay using this app.

Cons

Last time I tried, booking a credit card refund correctly required a work-around in the customer account. It's also possible for someone working in the books to issue a credit card refund to a customer more than once, and accidentally. I'm now very careful when working in customer accounts when there's a credit card on file.

Rebecca from Neilson Bookkeeping & Tax Services Inc.

I have been using this for my business for a number of years.

allows my clients to pay with all credit cards.

Pros

Easy and fast to use with QBO, integrates with my accounting and the card swipe and chip reader work easily. Can pull reports from the website and track monthly totals.

Cons

Would like a chip reader that could be used on desktop, not just cell phone. Time it takes to post payments to my bank account.

Catherine from Advanced Air Systems

payment software

we are still using this system and it's working great. We rarely have any problems and when we do they are solved quickly for us.

Pros

This allowed our technicians to receive payment in the field and integrated nicely with Quick Books. It worked wonderfully for the most part.

Cons

the cost of the scanners was a little high due to them not lasting as long as we would have liked.

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2018

Thanks a bunch for reviewing, Catherine. I'm delighted the software allows for the flexibility your technicians need in the field. If you ever run into issues with the scanners, I assure you there are troubleshooting steps in place. This way, the hardware will last as long as it's designed to moving forward. This Community database article discusses troubleshooting and updates, which is widely known to fix connection issues: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Payments/Set-up-bluetooth-card-reader-for-GoPayment-or-QuickBooks-Online/td-p/186471. Furthermore, the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) would be glad to provide more insight if the info above doesn't do the trick. I'm thrilled your problems are always solved quickly, and this chat based channel is another excellent support option. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Laura from Healing Directions

We use the Go Payment mobile app at work.

Convenience, ease of use, fair pricing.

Pros

What I like most about the Go Payment app is that in real-time it is easy to use. Comprehensive. It's great how it seamlessly integrates into QuickBooks online and then into our bank account.

Cons

Least favorite thing about Go Payment is QuickBooks merchant services. If there is a bump in the process, funds are held in their payments/collections department without notification to the user. It is up to us to figure out something is off, and make the inquiries. While doing that, I have gotten varying resolution answers from various reps. Is confusing and time-consuming.

Response from Intuit

Replied July 2018

Hi Laura. I can provide some insight into why funds may be held, as I know how this could affect a business. Please know this protocol is in place to keep you safe and protect against greater loss. This being said, I appreciate your review and the opportunity to help. To start, check out the info at community.intuit.com/articles/1601181. Because each case is different, customer's with funds on hold must speak to a case manager who has the expertise to get you squared away. The article above touches on how you can find the status of your transaction in the Merchant Service Center (more on that at community.intuit.com/articles/1600594). In the event your deposit is under review, you'll also receive an official notification email including a case number and next steps. If you have questions, please feel welcome to send me an email (QBCares@Intuit.com). I want to make sure you have all the info you deserve and hope to hear from you soon. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

lindsey from Consumer Services

Decent software

Because of my issues with the card reader, I don’t use QB go payment as much as I used to. But I still have to offer it to my customers who only use cards.

Pros

Cons

My app often fails or kicks me out and I have to log back in (annoying). My card scanner never works correctly. I have to swipe the card 3x, hop on 1 foot then slide the card for it to work! Ridiculous and time consuming

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Payments

Merchant Services from Capital One had extremely high fees so I switched.

Rhiannon from Michael + Rhi Photography

Industry: Photography

Simple and fast

Pros

Go payment is easy and fast to use. If you have the app on your phone or tablet and out doing business, you can charge a customer right there and then on the spot. You are able to swipe the card with the card reader or key it in manually. Once you take payment you have the option to send a receipt of the sale and get a signature from the customer for extra security. The software is well design and works flawlessly.

Cons

I do not have any cons currently. Everything works as expected and it the apps seems to always be up and running/updated

Perfect for Service Providers (no card reader necessary!)

I'm a home inspector and I am able to take payments right at the home now. I use this on about 50% of my home inspections and my clients love it.

Pros

I love that this software feels extremely professional when I'm asking for payment when I'm at someone's home. I don't have to enter in any information, I simply scan their debit or credit card and ask them to sign it. I also love that they have the option to receive a receipt right there. It's so nice to scan the card on my phone with the camera as opposed to carry around a clunky card reader.

Cons

Every now and then it is unable to read a card and I have to enter it in manually, which is frustrating. I also wish it integrated more seamlessly with Quickbooks Invoicing. Obviously I also would like to see the fee for credit card processing lower, but it's not horrible.

Take payments at mobile shows or wherever you need

Pros

This was a great addition that allows us to take credit card payments at trade shows and other places that we don't have access to a PC.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to setup, but for the most part very reliable.

Response from Intuit

Replied May 2019

Comments like yours are what we strive for! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what you think of QuickBooks, as it's wonderful to hear the program is exceeding your expectations and is simplifying how you run your business. Should you find yourself in need of help, rest assured you can find assistance from the Product Experts who monitor our Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) pages. They're available 7 days a week from 8 am to 10 pm EST (8-8 on weekends), and will work with you over chat. Enjoy! Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Andrew from SONUS

Good credit card processing

Pros

Works well for credit card payments. It has some nice features like putting a hold on a card. Reasonable fees for processing.

Cons

I wish the hold on the credit card could be for a longer duration. Sometimes it is a bit clunky to figure out how to release or apply a hold.

Response from Intuit

Replied June 2018

Well hello again, Andrew. Once more, thanks so much for leaving your observations, and I'll gladly provide some more information about how holds work. While the amount of time an authorization stays on your customer's card is dependent upon their financial institution, most fall off on their own (typically within 7-10 business days). This means you'll need to reauthorize after seven days to ensure the money is still available in the customer's bank. After authorizing the funds in the Merchant Service Center, you can capture them. You can do this from Processing Tools > Capture Authorized Funds, and a capture is the point at which the funding process begins. While I have you here, I'll link you to this overview article on this topic: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1600562-process-and-capture-a-voice-authorization. I hope this helps! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Bryan from Zamani

GoPayment the software that you should get for your transactions

GoPayment is suitable for all business, the small ones, medium, and the big ones will be well served with this software

Pros

This software is super easy to use and also user friendly. GoPayment can be intergrated with other software thus giving it an added advantage over other payment software

Cons

The customer support needs some improvement because this is the major problem with this software. I have no other problem with GoPayment

Marsha

Recommend to my business clients and they love it

Pros

Super easy and free set-up, automatic entry and sync with Quickbooks Online, our recommended small business accounting. Solid technology that works reliably. Compared to Square it is much more reliable and less buggy. Read my side by side comparison review of mobile card reader app GoPayment vs Square http://best4businesses.com/finance/quickbooks-gopayment-review/

Cons

Sometimes I have found customer service hard to reach. A few people have mentioned that it can be hard to cancel your account if you change merchant accounts.

Phil from Utah Valley Health & Wellness Magazine

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

More seamless to transition data to Quickbooks

Pros

Cons

Cost is fair, would like to pay less but we've typically used it now that the process is so seamless to import GoPayment data into Quickbooks online.

Tasha from Acupetvet pllc

Good

Pros

It easily goes into quickbook; very easy to start using; was able to get an account quickly; set up was eqsy; eaay to make transactions

Cons

I cant reach custumer service. Very diidicukt to get the answers you need. You need to ho online to do everything and if system down you cant do it. They cant help you

Steve from One Stop Media Group

Great company helping smaller companies grow..

Pros

It's super convenient this company charges low interest rates make smaller companies grow faster. I appreciate your customer service . Very polite people and always available to help me with anything I have concerns with.

Brian from Carle & Associates

Extremely Poor Customer Service

Product works well and is fairly-priced. Customer service is a joke.

Pros

Product is priced fairly and is easy to use

Cons

customer service is terrible. First card reader quit after less than a year of use. Intuit would not replace. Bought second reader and would not work out of the box. Requested replacement reader. They sent a lower-end model than we had originally purchased. Called again to request correct replacement model. They would not expedite shipping. Total of 8 hours on the phone with customer service and I still don't have a working reader.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Payments

Based solely on my customer service experience, I will be switching to another product.

Sally from Dr. Charles Ashley Mann & Associates

The montly cost is well worth it

Pros

With a click of a button it is so easy to send a bill or statement to a client

Cons

No issues or concerns with the payment feature of the software

Response from Intuit

Replied November 2018

Hi Sally. I'm thrilled QuickBooks is streamlining the billing and statement process for Dr. Charles Ashley Mann & Associates. Should you ever have any questions about the payments feature, I invite you to explore the Community database at https://community.intuit.com/browse/quickbooks-online-payments. I want you to know that help is only ever a click away, and the Community is an excellent support space. I appreciate you taking the time to review, by the way! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

I used Gopayment for my retail business to track purchases and process card payments.

Pros

I liked the the software is very user friendly and easy to manage inventory, and view transactions for order details.

Cons

I dislike that customers can not be added to track their purchases. I dislike that reports can not be ran to track purchase totals over a period of time. I dislike that inventory is not tracked.

Moses from MAESTROS LEADERSHIP TEAM

Gopayment mobile POS is great for accepting card payments.

Despite Gopayment not being perfect its a great mobile companion for accepting card and other types of payments. I love it although some work needs to be done to make it worth being used for mass POS transactions. I love it so far.

Pros

The fact that it is available on mobile phone makes it amazing, its easy to use, easily available, does not require any skills its just like you use the camera, its the best for small scale shop and store owners as it requires no space you just pocket it with the phone and produce it when needed.

Cons

some bugs makes it boring, its charges amount is way much for such a simple software especially for common goods with fixed prices in small shops, poor customer support response team.

Kent from Loveland Ski Club

It's Not Your Fault Your Swiper Is a Piece of Garbage

For real, we use this piece of software quite a bit and it's been a very flexible tool for us.

Pros

Allows us to easily take mobile payments from a tablet or smart phone. Tracking those payments is also pretty simple.

Cons

It's not GoPayment's fault that our swiper is a piece of garbage, but I wish there was someone else to blame. Most of the shortcomings of this software are purely user-related, because users and lame, and dumb.

Karen from Evans Heating & Cooling

Our technicians are able to take credit card payments on the job using this

Less fees by swiping cards instead of keying them in.

Pros

We love that the technicians can take credit cards right on the job. They used to have to call in the card number and we were charged more for keying in the number. Now they can swipe the card right there on their phones and it goes into the bank account

Ricky from PepsiCo

QuickBooks GoPayments Review

Pros

What I liked most about this software was how closely integrated the QuickBooks accounting and payment processing are to one another.

Cons

This software is not very cost effective.

Michael from Thriveworks

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Solid product for companies of all sizes

I used GoPayment for almost 4 years. It's simple to use, easy to manage. We used it in our offices and had a magnetic swipe card reader mounted to the PCs, but I know there's card reader for mobile devices, too. If you need to take payment (whether in the office or on the go) GoPayment can work for you. It's easy to add users as your business needs grow, too. It also some useful analytics. It possesses customizable features, to keep it simple for users and help you get the most from the software.

Pros

Works well with all computers and mobile devices.

Cons

If you really like or need analytics, you may find yourself wanting more than it can give.

Remington from David's Pasture LLC

Industry: Farming

GoPayment makes collecting payments quick and simple.

Pros

The mobile application is very simple and straight-forward. We have had very few issues with the credit card readers and they load very quickly. It is very easy to setup products and services in the app and add them to a transaction.

Cons

It is difficult to sync with your existing QBO products and services. Customer service doesn't seem to know their products well. It does not allow you to add a decimal number for a product quantity, so you can not sell products by weight.

Convenient for someone that's always on the move rendering services.

Pros

Very easy-to-use credit card payment app. I like that it syncs with with your existing QuickBooks account. Made journaling easier.

Cons

The inability to deliver invoices in conjunction with the payment being made. Customer service wasn't too great.

William from Admiral Resort Inc

I love when a vendor uses this payment system.

As stated above I do not like to pay bills but this is fast and easy for the customer.

Pros

The billing is easy and it comes in an email with a link to pay by credit card or ACH. There are no fees for the payer that I am aware of.

Cons

Nothing as of now. I love to hear when I will get billed with this payment system because the bill paying is self-explanatory. I hate paying bills but this system makes it easy for the customer. Some bigger companies I deal with should learn from this product and how it bills the customer.

Erik from One Way Products

Take payments anywhere!

Pros

Gopayment is a great option for payments on the go. It conveniently fits into your cell phone or mobile tablet to accept payments anywhere. The application is easy to use and install.

Cons

The integration with gopayment and your accounting software is vitally important for accurate record keeping. Unfortunately, GoPayment does not integrate with many software's. It does not integrate with QuickBooks online automatically, adding another step to your payment tracking.

Great super simple design

Pros

Cons

I wish you could attach the payment to an invoice from the mobile app instead of going through the regular quickbooks.

Ryku from RyB Productions Inc

Great for new business

Pros

Cipro about this software is that it allows you to do your own taxes and not need an accountant. I

Cons

Can get a little confusing on which parts are flight taxable and non-taxable

Easy to Use and Integrates Perfectly into QuickBooks

Pros

Simple to setup and process payments. The integration into QuickBooks is seamless.

Cons

The processing cost is a little high but I think it's worth the convenience especially since I don't use it every day.

kalyn from Jericho Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Easy payments with an okay intetgration

Pros

Love the convenience of the gopayment square reader! We can take it on the go to any our events and fundraisers. The success rate for swipes is GREAT!

Cons

The reporting and integration of the transactions is not as easy as one would assume. We were hoping for streamlined payments with the square.

November 2013

Stephanie Faris

November 2013

Mobile Payment App for Businesses

With so many options for mobile payment processing, businesses should choose the option that will provide the best functionality with the lowest rates. In this Intuit GoPayment review we have seen that it offers competitive rates and ease-of-use to provide a great option to businesses wishing to accept payments on the go.

Pros

Easy to use, trusted name

Cons

May not be ideal for businesses that want a customized interface

Cameron from i2

Pros

This is very easy to use and if you're already using QB it integrates flawlessly. The setup process is very fast and you can start receving payments right away if it's a credit card based payment.

Cons

The fees are a bit higher than what you can find in the market but perhaps this is the cost of convenience. There are other apps that can integrate and perform this service, perhaps for cheaper.

Tate from A Firm Foundation Home and Building Inspection Ltd

Receiving payment through Quickbooks was an easy way to accept payment as a start-up business

Pros

This allowed us to easily and quickly start sending invoices and receive payment as a new start up business. I like how it is linked to our book keeping for easy tracking of income.

Cons

We no longer use this option, as we were able to get a better interest rate elsewhere. I didn't like how long it took for the funds to post to our account.

Kimberly from Counsulting

GoPayment Review

Pros

The ease of use, and ability to customize receipts for my small business sales at craft fairs.

Carlos from Exodus East LLC

Horrible customer service and mobile payment device

Payments were easy enough. Here is my issue. It took far too long to pair with your device via bluetooth. Also, when I was having issues logging into my account time and again, I finally became fed up and called them, to which they said I have to pay, if I remember right, close to a grand a year for tech support. I immediately cancelled my service. When I submitted the tech support issue as the reasoning, not a single person bothered to reach out. They honestly come across to have no heart, just want to profit

Pros

I liked that the payment processing was quick

Cons

Took an average of 5 minutes to pair with your device. Tech support isn't free

Remington from David's Pasture LLC

Industry: Farming

GoPayment is an easy-to-use Credit Card payment app that syncs with with your existing QB.

Pros

This app is simple and straightforward to use. It syncs with your existing Quickbooks Payment. Mobile swipers are available.

Cons

The credit card swipe rates are in the mid-price range. Customer Service is not always well educated on their product.

Tried it didn't like it

Pros

It was easy to use. It would connect straight to my quickbooks account so I wouldn't have to enter a second time.

Cons

It is very expensive. You can get almost all the same service much cheaper. If they would make it cheaper then I would use

Quickbooks on the Go

Pros

Great software to use for managing your business on the go.

Cons

Not a fully functional program to use if you need a complete accounting software.