All QuickBooks Payments Reviews

Nathan

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2018

Fast and easy credit card processing

I was using a set desktop solution before that had a long term commitment. This allowed us to take mobile payments anywhere we had a cell phone and get out of those long term contracts. Also it smoothly integrated into QuickBooks so it was a win-win for us.

PROS

I has many options for taking a credit card payment. Plug in chip reader, take a picture of the card or a Bluetooth card reader is available. I like that it's month to month and if I don't use it I don't have to pay anything. It's simple and easy to integrate into quickbooks. It has a good back end that you can access from a computer to manage your payments and who is taking those payments.

CONS

The cost is cheaper if you pay monthly and high volume but more expensive for the smaller low volume months. When you get logged out it can be a slow process at times to get logged back in while a customer is waiting to give you their payment.

Hi Nathan. I'm glad the integration options and flexible methods for processing have provided a simple payment management system for Complete Carpet. Thanks for reviewing, and for being a member of the QuickBooks family. If you're running into latency with logins, rest assured I've got you covered. I suggest uninstalling/reinstalling the GoPayment app, which is the easier way to ensure your software is updated. This simple troubleshooting step will get you back up to speed and cut-down on customer wait times. Before you go, I want to ensure you continue to get the most from the payment system. The support landing page for the program has insights into the connection to QuickBooks, as well: https://community.intuit.com/products/quickbooks-payments-help-en-us. As for the price, I'd be glad to discuss your options. There are alternatives for your average volume, and I've got the tools to dig into your account. We'll go from there. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied November 2018

Jenine

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Overall a solid payment app! Definitely save you time

Overall I have had a positive experience with QuickBooks Payments. Like I mentioned above we do get paid much quicker which is a plus. It is also super easy to integrate any other payment applications into QuickBooks which saves you a lot of data entry

PROS

QuickBooks Payments definitely is convenient if your already using QuickBooks for your accounting software. Payments are automatically matched up with the correct invoice and I find that customers pay a lot sooner since they have the ability to pay straight from their invoice.

CONS

The only real issue I think is that the fees can add up quick!!! If a customer pays with a credit card it's 2.4% plus $.25 each transaction. Although that is typical it just adds up very quick especially if it's a large transaction. What they don't tell you is that if you customers pay through ACH instead of credit card the max you will pay for a fee is $10. If we had known this all along we would have saved a lot of money. Very frustrating

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Payments

We actually used both of them for a while but with QuickBooks overall is easier to use and less expensive.

Lauren

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Useful and Easy Payment Processing

You can easily customize payment terms by client or do an umbrella term for everyone. It's very easy for clients to use and make payments also.

PROS

Easy to use from invoices created in QuickBooks online.

CONS

Not really anything to complain about. It's very straightforward.

Jesse

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Quickbooks Payments makes their users vulnerable to FRAUD

This vulnerability is unforgivable. This service should not be used.

PROS

I have used QB Payments as a secondary payment processor for nearly 9 years. I use e-invoices to collect payments from customers who want to order modifications that aren't available on our website. So it's not our primary processor (our website uses PayPal and Stripe), but until a recent MAJOR VULNERABILITY was discovered, my experience with QB Payments was fine.

CONS

I learned the hard way that QB will "pre-fund" ACH transactions and merchants have no option to toggle this option off. Their back-end payment status (e.g. Pending, Funded....) doesn't differentiate from a "PRE-FUNDED" transaction and one that is actually fully funded. Furthermore, they allow banks to deny payments up to 120 days after posting to the seller's bank account. This leaves sellers extremely vulnerable. If you're not picking up on it, basically, Intuit/Quickbooks will show FUNDED status and actually post the payment to the seller's bank account, at which point the seller has no grounds to withhold goods. Then, if the payment doesn't actually process, they will withdraw the funds from the seller with no 2-way dispute process for the seller to prove they actually fulfilled an order, and that a customer didn't seek return/refund by legitimate means. My small company lost about $3,000 in this loophole. We were not able to reclaim our merchandise or fulfillment costs, and Intuit held us responsible for the sum, including additional service fees (for the generous service of retracting this money they had already posted to our bank account?). Customer service was unwilling to escalate and did not provide me with any opportunity to report fraud. In fact they treated me like the fraudster when they made my business vulnerable to a fraudster in the first place. It comes down to zero's. $3K is enough to make me want to fix this. Add a zero and it would have ruined us.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Payments

QuickBooks Payments is our backup processor. We primarily rely on PayPal and Stripe, which both provide much better fraud protection and a fair two-way process (and customer service support) in the rare event of a disputed charge. QB Payments completely fails on both fronts. Not a safe service to use.

Amy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Ease of use for Quickbooks Payments

PROS

The ease of use for both the business and the customer is by far one of the best things about using Quickbooks Payments. The transactions are smooth and the deposit turnaround time is quick. Makes for a seamless transaction for both parties - literally just a click of a button.

CONS

Not much to say about dislikes of this feature

garv

Broadcast Media, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Quickbooks is very good for smaller businesses

QuickBooks software helped me a lot.

PROS

QuickBooks software is very affordable with lot of good. There are lot's of reports in which you can see that the app allows you to add on a verity of additional features.

CONS

the built-in inventory management system is totally designed mainly for businesses tracking and the stock levels of the finished goods.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Payments

Bank reconciliation. Bank statement transactions are auto matched to QuickBooks data to make reconciling simple. which is very good and wise.

Lori

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

QuickBooks Payments are Easy to Integrate

PROS

It allows for simple payment for processing of invoices, and enables quick invoice set up even when on site.

CONS

Nothing that we didn't like, once past the initial setup, it runs very smoothly.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Payments

It's integration with our QuickBooks Desktop program that we were already utilizing.

Nishawne

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2018

Works well

It's a really easy to use way to charge my clients and it interfaces nicely with my Quickbooks

PROS

I have found this software easy to use. Customers like the interface though it keeps changing. The changes The changes tell me they are constantly trying to improve their product

CONS

As a service provider I don't like that I cannot set the tips where I would like them to be. They are preset and there's nothing I can do about it. Even clients have commented that I should change it but I can't.

I'm delighted to read the product is working so well for you, Nishawne. Though you can add tips to transactions (community.intuit.com/articles/1599562), we love hearing from you guys about how we can improve. As you mentioned, the engineers work tirelessly to ensure our products provide the best value on the market. Part of that means listening very carefully to what our customers have to say, as any changes you may have noticed are a direct effect of your feedback. You know better than anyone what would best fit Forma Beautique's needs, so I'll gladly forward your ideas to the Development Team directly. Implementing a preset gratuity is a brilliant idea, and I thank you for sharing it. Moving forward, you can stay up-to-date on all new and exciting changes at the QuickBooks Blog, here: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. I appreciate you for leaving this GoPayment review, by the way. Thanks for being the best part of QuickBooks, and have a great weekend. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied August 2018

Sam

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Outstanding Rates

The rate is worth it alone. But I would appreciate a bit more user friendly interface.

PROS

The rate Quickbooks offers is the best around. I pay the little extra to get the rate. Its fairly easy to use the product and convenient to use my phone.

CONS

The bluetooth card reader disconnects after a few minutes and takes a bit more to get reconnected first. That's hard for intermittent sales.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Payments

Better rate!

Hey there, Sam. It's awesome to hear about your positive experience with the product. To address the problem you're having with the card reader, we encourage you to perform the troubleshooting steps in this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/do-more-with-quickbooks/quickbooks-card-reader-connection-troubleshoot/00/139868/page/2. Doing so should target the issue directly. Wishing you the best of luck! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Replied September 2020

LAURA

Retail, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Easy to accept invoice payments

PROS

Makes it easy for a customer to receive an invoice and pay using a link emailed to them - the easiest way to accept ACH payments.

CONS

I wish it detailed the fees for credit card payments saying exactly how much it was per transaction instead of just the percentage somewhere.

Robin

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Buyer Beware

Bad. Exceptionally inadequate customer service. 6 months 12+ calls... no resolution and every time I'm reassured that the funds will be deposited in 2-4 days. And every time we're told there is a new hoop to jump through.

PROS

Doesn't matter if the funds never reach your account.

CONS

Bad customer service... Mixed messages, no accountability.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Payments

Accounts requested that we do saying is would be more cost effective for us... SO far there are no savings. And the cost is actually higher... And they wont release the $ they're holding on to.

Laura

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2018

We use the Go Payment mobile app at work.

Convenience, ease of use, fair pricing.

PROS

What I like most about the Go Payment app is that in real-time it is easy to use. Comprehensive. It's great how it seamlessly integrates into QuickBooks online and then into our bank account.

CONS

Least favorite thing about Go Payment is QuickBooks merchant services. If there is a bump in the process, funds are held in their payments/collections department without notification to the user. It is up to us to figure out something is off, and make the inquiries. While doing that, I have gotten varying resolution answers from various reps. Is confusing and time-consuming.

Hi Laura. I can provide some insight into why funds may be held, as I know how this could affect a business. Please know this protocol is in place to keep you safe and protect against greater loss. This being said, I appreciate your review and the opportunity to help. To start, check out the info at community.intuit.com/articles/1601181. Because each case is different, customer's with funds on hold must speak to a case manager who has the expertise to get you squared away. The article above touches on how you can find the status of your transaction in the Merchant Service Center (more on that at community.intuit.com/articles/1600594). In the event your deposit is under review, you'll also receive an official notification email including a case number and next steps. If you have questions, please feel welcome to send me an email (QBCares@Intuit.com). I want to make sure you have all the info you deserve and hope to hear from you soon. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied July 2018

Catherine

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

payment software

we are still using this system and it's working great. We rarely have any problems and when we do they are solved quickly for us.

PROS

This allowed our technicians to receive payment in the field and integrated nicely with Quick Books. It worked wonderfully for the most part.

CONS

the cost of the scanners was a little high due to them not lasting as long as we would have liked.

Thanks a bunch for reviewing, Catherine. I'm delighted the software allows for the flexibility your technicians need in the field. If you ever run into issues with the scanners, I assure you there are troubleshooting steps in place. This way, the hardware will last as long as it's designed to moving forward. This Community database article discusses troubleshooting and updates, which is widely known to fix connection issues: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Payments/Set-up-bluetooth-card-reader-for-GoPayment-or-QuickBooks-Online/td-p/186471. Furthermore, the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) would be glad to provide more insight if the info above doesn't do the trick. I'm thrilled your problems are always solved quickly, and this chat based channel is another excellent support option. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied November 2018

Kris

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Quickbooks Payments make it easy for a price

PROS

It was easy because it integrates with Quickbooks. I entered something and it was automatically entered into Quickbooks. I didn’t have to do any extra entering.

CONS

The price, fees, and lack of transparency. The fees were very high and it was too difficult to figure out what I was paying and why. I felt like a hostage to the program because I couldn’t figure out if there was a way that I could control the fees. I detested this part of it. I switched to a transparent provider with lower fees because of this. I have to do a bit more manually because it doesn’t integrate like QB Payments does, but it’s worth it to not feel like I am at the mercy of a program/provider.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Payments

It integrated with Quickbooks.

Dan

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Quickbook Payments Fraud

The worst customer service period.

PROS

Billing and payment receipt can be fast but Quickbooks also determines legitmacy of bills and is currently withholding $16k for funds it received from a client that it won't return to the sender nor will they deposit it the company that invoiced account.

CONS

How can a company decide after a payment has been made that the company invoicing does not have a right to do so. Quickbooks keeps the $16k in funds that was paid. The instructions provided by Quickbooks is the sender has to file paperwork to retrieve the funds while it sits on QB's bank account. The sale is lost. The client relationship Is severed. QB has the power to do this? Is this legal?

Brian

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Extremely Poor Customer Service

Product works well and is fairly-priced. Customer service is a joke.

PROS

Product is priced fairly and is easy to use

CONS

customer service is terrible. First card reader quit after less than a year of use. Intuit would not replace. Bought second reader and would not work out of the box. Requested replacement reader. They sent a lower-end model than we had originally purchased. Called again to request correct replacement model. They would not expedite shipping. Total of 8 hours on the phone with customer service and I still don't have a working reader.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Payments

Based solely on my customer service experience, I will be switching to another product.

Gladys

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Quickbooks Easy-to-use Accounting Softwaree

Satisfied for my small business

PROS

That it's good for small businesses and therefore inexpensive

CONS

That number of users are limited In case I'm not available

Peter