All Melio Reviews

Trustworthy and affordable software

merroudj

Computer Networking, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2022

fast and easy payment processing

At this point in the Melio Payments review, I can honestly say that it's worthwhile to try, particularly given that it's free. For freelancers, accountants, and small enterprises, it's a fantastic financial solution. The latter group may automate their bills or payments and handle all of their customers from a single platform.

PROS

A very tidy, straightforward, but effective tool for paying bills and invoices, Payment processing, is quite simple compared to its rivals; it is substantially more productive. This product's flawless integration with our accounting software is why we chose it. Additionally, it eliminates the inconvenience of printing and sending paper checks. Recipient changes of the payment method selected are seamless

CONS

Improved phone customer service is something I would like to see no other recommendations now. Vendors are added with their Melio links, and those vendors currently in QuickBooks should automatically connect. Now, when you do that, a new vendor is formed and is not connected to the one that presently exists in QuickBooks. Wishlist: It would be nice if there were an option to send international wire transfers in different currencies. If it is wholly linked with Wave Invoicing, it would be fantastic and allow a free connected workflow.

Melissa

Reviewed March 2022

Melio helps me get my vendors paid easily and on-time FOR FREE!

PROS

Melio integrates VERY WELL with QBO. I'm able to set up vendor bills/payments with a simple approval workflow quickly and easily. My vendors can choose how they are paid (paper check or direct deposit) and I can choose how to pay them (bank account or credit card). Paying with a bank account is FREE!

CONS

I'm finding that my vendor addresses don't carry over from QBO to Melio, so the first time I pay a vendor in Melio I have to type in the vendor address in Melio, even though it's already set up in QBO. It's a minor inconvenience that I'm hopeful Melio will fix. (Their customer support is great!)

Bill.com is SO EXPENSIVE

Reasons for switching to Melio

We switched to Melio because we wanted a cost-effective way to pay vendors without printing paper checks in the office.

Jeff

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Fantastic Idea, poor implementation, horrific customer service

Really poor customer service, no one is able to help or give advice, and it's a total waste of my time.

PROS

It was easy to set up an account and has a pleasing aesthetic. I was really excited to find it. It's easy to set up vendors and create an invoice (took just a tiny bit of trial and error, but it's very self explanatory).

CONS

It took 6 weeks and numerous emails and chat messages to get them to send a test payment to verify my company bank account. Finally someone who said they were a specialist or a manager said that they had put in a manual override to get my test payments sent. That should have been a warning sign. Then I tried to send my first payment to my vendor, and when I did it said the payment failed and I needed to contact compliance, with no additional information. I've gotten a dribble of requests asking for IRS letters and articles of organization. I've sent them in, but I have had no response as to why I was rejected, why they didn't ask for that information up front if it was going to be needed (it was very foreseeable), and there's no way to get a hold of anyone else. So, I've been waiting for 8+ weeks total and still don't have a functioning product, I don't have any idea what is wrong, and there's no way to contact anyone. The on-site chat rep tells me that they're not authorized to answer my questions and that I need to email the compliance team, but the compliance team is totally unresponsive.

Reason for choosing Melio

I thought I'd try Melio because it is sleek, low cost, and seemed like it might be more modern than Bill.com (which I've found to be good but clunky for other businesses I own).

Hi Jeff, thanks for reaching out. Melio requires an EIN or SSN to approve your account for use. Sometimes, our Compliance team requires further information to verify a business and approve the account. As our Support team does not have access to Compliance decisions, Compliance must indeed be contacted directly. We can confirm our Compliance team has been in touch with you via email regarding your account, and requested further information to possibly overturn their decision and review your account as of today, January 27th. Please note, our teams are available Monday-Friday 9am-6pm EST. Best Regards, Team Melio

Replied January 2022

Milena

Reviewed November 2022

Love it so far

Great! I am very happy with all features Melio provides and will recommend it to anyone who needs a payment processing system.

PROS

I love Melio. It is very easy to use, and really convenient. I am able to provide more services while spending less time per client. Thank you!

CONS

I had a problem with a Wire transfer once, I haven't tried it again to know if the issue was fixed. Will update when I use it again.

Pricing and a client

Reasons for switching to Melio

Bill.com was much more expensive and provides almost the same features.

Hi Milena, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Best, Team Melio

Replied November 2022

Vic

Reviewed November 2022

Melio pays

I rely on it to pay and get paid.

PROS

It's effortless to set up. More importantly it's easy for my clients to accept and adopt the software into their business.

CONS

Web interface a bit clunky for desktop users.

Reason for choosing Melio

Price mostly but clients seem to like it better than bill.com.

Price.

Hi Vic, thanks for sharing this review with us and the community! We're glad to hear you find Melio useful and easy to use. Best, Team Melio

Replied November 2022

Garrett

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

Worst customer service ever

customer service is the biggest joke in the world!!

PROS

The product itself is really nice for book keeping and why I want to keep using but im about to find something different if I cant get some one to email me or call me back.

CONS

Customer service!!!!! I think I have emailed or messaged them 5-10 times and have never received a response or call back. Ive asked my friend who is a recruiter to get me a real persons email and phone number and they didnt respond. All I want to do is change my email address because the one on file doesn't work anymore.

Hi Garrett, thank you for sharing your feedback and we're sorry to hear that you faced difficulty in reaching out to our support team. We understand your concern and would be glad to assist you with updating your email address. Since there is limited information here, kindly email us at reviews@melio.com and we'll be more than happy to take care of this for you. Best, Team Melio

Replied March 2024

Danie

Reviewed April 2022

Melio is fantastic for bill pay, OK for receivables

PROS

Melio is super easy to set up and use. The integration is fast and simple, and works reliably. Being able to enter bills in QBO and have them in Melio, and if appropriate set up payments too so all the client has to do is approve them has been game changing for payables management and cash flow forecasting, especially for our distributed, international clients.

CONS

Melio is missing a few features. It really needs to require a W9 for certain vendors before it allows payment. It's also frustrating that it can't take pre-payments/retainers. We have clients that really need that, and other clients whose customers payments fail too often because they misunderstood that question and answered incorrectly. Overall, the A/P side is much stronger than the A/R side.

Reason for choosing Melio

Faster set up, better interface/UX, very bad experience with Bill.com previously.

Reasons for switching to Melio

Faster, online, full details of what the transactions were. Approval processes that can be done between people in different geographical locations.

Ryan Rey

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Payment Solution that works

Melio has an excellent customer support and resolves any issues quickly.

PROS

We choose this product since it seamlessly integrates with our accounting software. It also allows us to send paper checks without the hassle of printing and mailing them.

CONS

There is nothing really to dislike about the software with how our company is using it right now. I do hope for a much better interface and a more informative dashboard in the future.

Reason for choosing Melio

Melio integrates with our accounting software

Reasons for switching to Melio

It is integrated with our accounting software. No need to re-enter vendor information on Melio.

Hi Ryan, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are delighted to hear you find Melio useful and that our customer support team has been able to assist you. We appreciate your detailed feedback and will take it into account as we continue to improve our product and service. All the best, Team Melio

Replied May 2021

Beverly

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Good unless you need a critical payment to be processed immediately

Up until the failed same-day payments, it had been a pretty good way for us to send out payments without having to get checks signed. I am very disappointed with the same day payment issues though.

PROS

It's free and can be used by the owner from his cell phone.

CONS

We had two critical payments that had to go out same day. We paid $30 to have them expedited and they both failed. Customer service could not tell me why and the issue was never resolved.

Price, ease of use

Reasons for switching to Melio

Bill.com charged us and had a very complicated "clearing" process. I could never get it reconciled. I hated it.

Adam

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2023

Melio – Manage your ACH payments

What sets Melio apart for me is its simplicity, especially when it comes to regular vendors. Sending payments is easy and the platform also allows me to keep a record of all payments made during the year. This is incredibly helpful come tax time.

PROS

I have been using Melio to manage payments to suppliers and contractors. The platform allows us to process ACH payments completely free of charge, which is an incredible benefit. You only incur a cost if you send more than two checks per month. I like its design and the speed at which payments are processed.

CONS

What I don't like is the customer support, it is very, very slow, and when you have a problem with a transaction it can be very tedious and time consuming.

Hi Adam, thanks for sharing your feedback. We are glad to know you're finding Melio to be such a resourceful tool. We take feedback about our offerings very seriously and we're sorry to hear you've been having a difficult time reaching our support team. Our support team is available for live chat Monday- Friday 9am- 8pm EST to help with any immediate needs. However, please feel free to reach out with any additional concerns via email to reviews@melio.com. Best, Team Melio

Replied November 2023

Kara

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed December 2023

False Advertising

Because of they did not deliver payments as advertised and because they did not respond to my inquiry regarding my payment not being expedited. I do not recommend their service.

PROS

Easy to setup and start using. Integrates with Quickbooks.

CONS

They advertise that payments will be sent to vendors in 2-3 business days. My vendors told me that payments took 5 business days. You can pay additional for next day payment delivery, which I tried. The payment still took 5 business days. I emailed customer service and received no response.

Reasons for switching to Melio

Trying another service because I don't love the interface of bill.com.

Hi Kara, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and understand that timely payments are crucial for you and your vendors. At Melio, we follow the standard ACH processing timeline of 3 business days (excluding weekends), as set by the Federal Reserve Bank and our partnering banks. We understand that this timeline may not always be convenient for our customers, which is why we offer the option to schedule a payment via debit or credit card for a faster delivery with a processing fee. We would like to work with you to resolve any issues you may have encountered. If you have any concerns, please contact us via email at reviews@melio.com. You can also reach out to our live chat support, available Monday to Friday from 9 am to 8 pm EST or via email through the help center on melio.com. We value your satisfaction, and we are committed to delivering exceptional service that exceeds your expectations. Best, Team Melio

Replied December 2023

Ochana

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Love Melio for Large Orders!

PROS

In our line of contracting, we purchase houses from the mainland. Melio allows us to pay large amounts of money through ACH. It saves us wire xfer costs.

CONS

Waiting for Business to Customer or SoleProp Sub-Contractors payments. Only B2B xfers allowed at this time. We need to pay individual subcontractors and refund clients at certain times and the ACH is the best way to accomplish this. Please enable this function so that we aren't limited to whom we send money to with your product. We also cannot have customers pay us through Melio... sometimes payments of over $100K for building are needed, and we have to send them to the bank to do a wire xfer. Please enable C2B payments.

We use them both. Quickbooks limits payments to $50K

Hi Ochana, thanks for sharing this review. We are happy to hear you are finding Melio useful and we appreciate this feedback. If we offer the option of consumer to business payments in the future, please know we'll be sure to make this known. Best, Team Melio

Replied January 2023

Kemoi

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

Melio is user friendly and get the job done consistently

It saves me time with invoicing. I have been using this tool for years and I enjoy using it.

PROS

It's free and it's an essential tool to run my business. I can send invoices and collect payments with ease.

CONS

The processing time on paid invoices. I can't mark invoices as paid within Melio

Reason for choosing Melio

It's affordable and I can connect to QuickBooks. And it has a user-friendly interface.

Hi Kemoi, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Melio. We're glad to hear that our user-friendly platform has been an essential tool for running your business and that you find it easy to send invoices and collect payments. We appreciate your feedback. Best, Team Melio

Replied May 2023

Talal

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2023

Melio makes it easy to send payments (and get paid in full)

Program does what we need it to do, and sends money into our bank account. Wish it would be able to name the payments so that our bank account can tie the invoice to the transaction name though.

PROS

- Adds processing fee to customer if they choose credit card- Gives option for FREE ACH

CONS

Invoice numbers not customizable or sequentialTransaction name comes into the bank as just Melio-xyz instead of Melio-invoicenumber

Reason for choosing Melio

Free ACH and Credit Card passing to customer.

Reasons for switching to Melio

This is the only one that easily adds the processing fee or forces ACH.

Hi Talal, thanks for sharing this 5 star review. We're glad to know you're finding Melio useful. Please know, we take your feedback very seriously. Thanks for sharing! Best, Team Melio

Replied May 2023

Kyle

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Great system

It has been great, my only cons are relatively minor issues, and the system is very useful for my business.

PROS

Melio is a great payment processor, I have a much better experience with them than with their only real competition, Plastiq. While Plastiq has IRS-esque customer service, Melio really go out of their way to ensure a positive user experience. Melio is also faster at processing ACH payments, which is a huge plus.

CONS

It would be really helpful if Melio offered wire transfers, and aggregate payments (ie, charge 10k to card 1 and 10k to card 2 so as to issue a single payment of 20k). Also, sometimes compliance reviews cause payment delays. They could perhaps offer a cut off before which compliance reviews will not cause delays if the review is passed, that would make the system have more reliable timing.

Reasons for switching to Melio

Plastiq has literally the worst customer service I have ever experienced, and I am using "literally" correctly here. They are worse than the IRS, the company that towed my car, big banks, anything you can think of. I can't believe how terribly they treat their customers. They also are really obnoxious about payment reviews too, you get the sense much more obnoxious than necessary to be compliant. Melio is much better in these regards.

Hi Kyle, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are delighted to hear you find Melio useful and that our customer support team has been able to assist you. We appreciate your detailed feedback and will take it into account as we continue to improve our product and service. We do have some good news on this front already: Partial payment options that will allow you to use multiple payment methods for a single bill and create installments are currently in development, and we hope to roll them out soon. Wire transfers are also in the works, so stay tuned. All the best, Team Melio

Replied September 2021

Troy

Reviewed November 2021

Lost our Money

We received notices from Melio for client scheduled payments for $2100 and $455 on [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. They were both in the list "In-Progress" on the Melio site/dashboard. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] we alerted by one client payment was rejected for no apparent reason (they paid ach) ($455). The other payment for $2100 and totally disappeared from the system - not in anywhere in the Melio dashboard (Paid, In -Progress, unsent or sent). I have grave concerns about their ability to handle transactions. I attempted to contact support but you cannot call - only chat or email and they are of course closed on the weekend. 1 star is for issues as well as lack of ability to contact them for urgent issues like this. This product while I had very high hopes still seems VERY BETA. Not going to gamble my money to help another company test their code.

PROS

Low cost, simplicity of system, integration with QuickBooks online

CONS

Support is a challenge. Software is unstable and buggy. Clients are declined for ACH - not sure how or why and payments just disappear ? Product is more beta than stable release.

Reason for choosing Melio

Cost and integration with QuickBooks online

Reasons for switching to Melio

Ability to add surcharge to credit cards and ability to easily resend get paid notices in batches

Hi Troy, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Upon taking a look, it appears our Risk & Compliance team was unable to support these transactions as they were personal in nature. As is clearly stated on our website, in our terms of service, and within our payment flow, Melio is strictly a B2B payment solution and, for regulatory reasons, can only facilitate payments where both parties are registered business entities. We can confirm our team has made efforts to reach you via email regarding the processing of these payments. For further assistance, please respond to our team directly at compliance@melio.com. All the best, Team Melio

Replied December 2021

Alan

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Good when it works, horrible when it does not

good idea when it works, horrible when it is does not.

PROS

integrates well with QBO, pricing is great, easy to seup. When all work well is a good experience.

CONS

Horrible, almost non-existent customer support. TWICE, in just a few months of using Melio, they have sent out duplicate payments that were only entered once by me. First time they caught it and notified me a few days later, second time (a few days ago), vendors started calling me saying they got paid for an invoice that they had already been paid for 2 weeks ago. First time dinged my account for $60K, this time $26K. No explanation on what happened either time. Spent 2 days on Chat with no help whatsoever and promises to call me never happened. No phone number to call to talk with anyone, just have to email and wait many days for replies. No one seems at all concerned that I can't pay my bills dues to vendors since they took $26K out of my account or may bounce a lot of checks. There MUST be a number to call someone in emergency situations like this.

ACH deposits

Hi Alan, we are sorry to hear about your experience on our platform and would like to thank you for providing valuable feedback, which we will use to improve our product. Please send us your c