What are PayPal users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using PayPal software through verified user reviews

20,047 Reviews

15,350
4,102

• icon"What I liked most about this software was definitely the customer service. They were excellent in helping solve my issue and in a timely manner."
  • icon"Easy to use and acceptable by tons of merchants/sellers. I also appreciate their support, as they have helped me resolves issues promptly."
  • icon"I love how protective the company is and they are extremely reliable I love them they are just simply amazing."
  • icon"I don't like the dispute process for disputing charges for orders not received. I have had many times when i did not receive product or received not of quality product and was unable to get a refund."
  • icon"The two things I hate about PayPal is its account limiting and favoring buyers disputes over sellers. This has promoted so much fraud."
  • icon"It sucks, too many issues, too poor customer service, not enough accountability with the partnered apps and businesses such as eBay."

Browse all PayPal Reviews

• Have you used PayPal and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 20,535 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 20,535 reviews

Beth

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Safe secure way to process payments

The OG For Payments

Accepting payments on websites for clients was the main objective for using this software.

Pros

It's easy to use, people have used it for 10/20 years successfully.

Cons

The API isn't friendly on websites compared to stripe.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

I chose stripe. API for paypal is way too difficult and not reliable.

Emeka

A Widely Used Payment Processor

I use PayPal to make payments for goods and services for my business. It's also used to accept payments. Generally, PayPal is a cool payment processor.

Pros

I like PayPal for some reasons. Among the reasons for which I like PayPal include: 1. Ability to make payments without exposing my credit card details: Credit card fraud and identity theft is a trending menace nowadays. One is at a very high risk of having his/her credit card information stolen when the card is used on insecure websites. With PayPal I don't have to bother about my credit card information as I only have to sign in to my PayPal account and then proceed to making payment without having to expose my credit card information on the third-party website. 2. Ability to receive payment using only an email address: I love it that I can use my verified PayPal account's email address to receive money from anyone with a PayPal account. 3. Ability to integrate PayPal payment processor without much technicalities involves: I was able to integrate the PayPal payment processor to my ecommerce website in just a few minutes without having to do much technical stuffs. 4. Moderate payment processing charges: The charges by PayPal while using their payment gateway is moderate compared to that of some other payment processors. I had tried using a payment processor whose charges were quite high.

Cons

I have some problems with PayPal. One of the problems is that PayPal is not available is some countries, and this is a limitation to expanding to such countries. Secondly, PayPal have an history of limiting people's accounts for some hard to understand reasons. The issue is that once an account is limited, it is very hard or impossible to get back the money in the account.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

I chose PayPal over stripe because it seem to be a more preferred option for drop shipping.

It's Worth It

It has been perfect for business and personal use. People bitch about the fee, but it's worth it. What you get in back up from Pay Pal is complete back up. Love it!

Pros

I have never had a problem. Complete satisfaction and value for money

Cons

I don't have any complaints...don't raise the fees.

The support

PayPal is an Essential Payment Provider with Amazing Features for Every Business

Overall, my experience with PayPal has been very positive. From the ease of use, convenience and safety of transferring money, PayPal remains one of my top choices for business transactions, especially when dealing with customers and merchants overseas.

Pros

PayPal takes the globe and makes it feel small. Through the payment services PayPal offers, anyone can do business from anywhere, and know that their money, as well as the money of their customers, is safe and secure. PayPal makes it easy to send and receive money. I love PayPal's ability to convert currency easily, as well as the "instant transfer" feature where you can receive money instantly into your bank account from PayPal. I also love that when you receive money, you can use it as "PayPal cash" to pay for other transactions, or deposit it into a linked checking account. While there are several other payment providers available, the features and ease of use that PayPal offers makes it a top performer, and must-have for any business.

Cons

PayPal is truly amazing, and overall has great features. The one downside is the excessive fees. From the instant transfer fees, to the payment fees, etc, PayPal certainly takes its share of revenue. If the fees were lowered, or even eliminated in some cases, PayPal would be the top choice for just about every business.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

While I still use other products as well, PayPal is best for ease of use. Because it was one of the first available payment providers, I find that people of all ages can easily use PayPal, while they may not yet be used to using other payment providers.

Ozlem

Easy way to transfer money

By and large, I am exceptionally happy with Paypal and the scrambled installment technique that it gives my customers. I can send them solicitations rapidly and the email contains a connection for them to pay the receipt right away. They don't have to have a Paypal account which is likewise a major addition since a portion of my customers doesn't straightforwardly have Paypal. They can pay for administrations as visitors. Advantageous and very much fabricated programming.

Pros

I like it since It's a free alternative to get and send installments anyplace on the planet. Because of the site intergradation particularly with Shopify, I'm ready to get installments through PayPal. The android application is stunning to oversee everything in one spot and furthermore, I use it to send cash with no issues. I use PayPal since 2013 and it's my best option when I pay something on the web since, in such a case that something incorrectly happens I have the choice to ask PayPal for a discount and I will get it with no issue. PayPal Protects purchasers one than some other Payment administrations and I truly full I'm protected constantly from con artists on the web and I can't believe any Payment supplier as I confide in PayPal.

Cons

The expense structure in case you're not a believed seller can feel a piece catching as there is an obligatory stand-by period before they will deliver your cash to you. It is highly unlikely inside the product to facilitate the interaction and there is no simple method to contact PayPal thusly. The other issue with the application is that once you enter in a check card number or a Visa number the application will not allow you to eliminate it until they are evidence that your record is clear.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

PayPal was widely known and it was easier to use and transfer money.

Eero

Industry: Consumer Electronics

May 2022

I wonder why this company still exists

I have used Paypal for over 15 years and the more I use it the less I want to use it. I need to have it because it is required for several services I use - however, I try to minimize my use in every way. The previous sections has more information about it.

Pros

I like the fact that I can often pay through Paypal when I am buying something online on a website that I don't fully trust.

Cons

First of all, Paypal is very expensive, at least in Europe. Customer service is non-existent, you end up battling with one bot after another, and the case is never solved. I have had countless situations where my partners' Paypal accounts have been shut down temporarily because they have requested some information and after the information has been given to them - the correct, exact information they asked - they have responded that the information is wrong and they close the account until the "correct" information is given. And it has taken months to get the account back. Not very good if your store relies on this, or you have a lot of money in Paypal. I would never ever keep any money in the Paypal account, ever. Also what bothers me is the constant pushing to open a Paypal account when my customer just wants to pay with a credit card. Come on, let him pay, take the (high) fee and that's it. No need to push your own product.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

Unfortunately, I need a Paypal account for some affiliate income, but that is the only reason I use it. I use Stripe for all my online stores. So much better, everything works well and the price is right.

Tonya

Industry: Program Development

PayPal is the Prime Rib of Pay Apps!

Pay Pal has always been a leader in the Pay App game and it was the first! I trust that my information is protected and that is extremely important with a Pay App, of course. I've never had a problem with any transaction, ever, and I've used it for MANY years on an almost daily basis. I highly recommend this Pay App, above ALL the others available.

Pros

This app is by far my favorite Pay App. It is tried and true and has never let me down yet! It could not be easier to use and I think the automatic record keeping that it does, is far superior to any other Pay App out there today! I also enjoy the coupons and promotions that are frequently offered. In addition, they will donate a percentage to my charity of choice, based on my spending. Recently, they've also added a feature to use the app to raise funds for individual causes, in light of needs related to Covid, etc. It truly seems like they care about people and community, which is super important to me personally and professionally.

Cons

There isn't anything I really don't like about the app. It meets my business and personal needs completely and always has.

Courtney

Industry: Writing and Editing

March 2022

Paypal is enough.

Pros

I appreciate being a personal Paypal customer for years. Converting to business has helped serve others that may not be comfortable with paying through other portals. Paypal helps protect the customer > the vendor, and this is important to people (I know, as I feel the same way as a consumer.) I appreciate that Paypal does have a bi-functional feature to collect and send invoices, as well as payments.

Cons

Customer service with Paypal has diminished over the years. The ease of the mobile site is not as great as the browser, and unfortunately, sometimes you need to rely on the ability of your phone to optimally function.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

When it comes to high capacity transactions, consumers tend to feel more comfortable with Paypal as a known brand.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

I used Paypal as a consumer.

Pierfrancesco Maria

April 2022

Impossible not to use it

Pros

Those who buy online frequently know this online payment system well, you register once, save your preferred payment method and pay with a couple of clicks!

Cons

For those who start, their collection commissions are a little higher than their competitors

Ndongmbu

PAYPAL REVIEW

My experience with paypal is overwhelming. It is a great software. It's security and safety with great ease of transactions makes it the best so far for me. It makes my business life stress free. My online transaction have become so easy and fast making it possible to transfer money between my family and friends very easy

Pros

Paypal makes life easier. The ease at which transactions are made amazed me. It's very safe with double protection options that makes your credit, debit cards protected from Hackers, no annual membership fees, processing fee, no service charges. The easy accessibility to the software makes it possible for transactions to be done anywhere . Digital investment opportunity with paypal makes life more sweeter

Cons

Honestly all offers are great . Paypal has greatly release my stress in doing online transaction. Lack of a good quality customer service and sometimes difficulties to access contact numbers is just lone problem noted but with current upgrades this in no time will be no problem

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Many of my freinds and family members have always asked me whether I use paypal.

Maciej

Leader in the market, but sometimes there will be hassle.

Thanks to PayPal I have a foolproof way to receive payments from abroad, but their rates are a little bit higher than in other payment gateways. That's why I use it as a backup payment system, because it's not integrated with instant transfers from banks (at least in Poland, I know that you can set it up for example in UK). Customers in Poland prefer to pay with instant bank transfers, that's one thing that PayPal lacks.

Pros

PayPal is a universal, global payment system. I use it not only personally, to receive and send money, but mostly as a payment gateway. Payments go smoothly. It should satisfy all those who want to do business on-line. I like the option to generate quick buttons.

Cons

Deployment (in self-written script) and automation of sales are a little bit harder. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie to programing, but I remembered that setting sandbox account and getting through documentation wasn't that easy. Plus, sometimes navigating through options in menu that I use less is pretty complicated and confusing. That's the only thing that makes me roll my eyes.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

Reason was simple: Stripe is less known in Poland than PayPal, therefore I chose the latter one.

Benedetta

April 2022

Essenziale per qualsiasi attività!

La novità del pagamento a rate è un’ottima idea!

Pros

La facilità e la semplicità di utilizzo rendono PayPal un servizio eccellente. Anche il loro servizio clienti molto efficiente.

Cons

Lo uso da circa 10 anni senza aver avuto mai problemi!

Duwayne

Industry: Online Media

Paypal review

Pros

The no nonsense approach on my personal details. no leaks or spam

Cons

The setup can be managed a bit easier. Its hard to link your bank account.

Paypal is Number one ecommerce payment solution

I am very happy with the paypal. It is my life line to do business with chinese supplier

Pros

PayPal truly a an amazing software. Error free and high security for transaction from any where to any body. I have been in ecommerce business more than 15+ years. PayPal was always my companion. I think, if i count i have limitless, just precise 1000+ transaction. It records all my transaction

Cons

Dispute some time take longer the 15 days

Reasons for choosing PayPal

Reason is it is error proofing software. Security is the main, what PayPal does. I do not know, how i gone live with out PayPal

Great for both businesses and personal use!

PayPal is one of the best commerce software out there for both business and personal use. Their online website and mobile app are both very easy to use, when both paying and requesting payments. PayPal has been my go-to payment method for over 10 years, and I've never had any big issues with it. I've always receive payments to my bank accounts within a timely manner, and their customer service team is very helpful as well.

Pros

PayPal is one of the commerce platforms I have used for the longest time. I've used it both for businesses and personal use, and it's never let me down. It's super easy to send money to individuals both on their website and mobile app, and I love that you can write specific notes within each payment. It links seamlessly to your bank accounts, and I always receive payouts quickly. When requesting payments, I love the "reminder" feature where you can politely nudge someone for a payment. It's also easy to pull historical statements for accounting purposes.

Cons

It's annoying that there are transaction fees when you have a business account, though this is not something you can avoid with any e-commerce platform. They all charge fees, but PayPal is actually reasonably priced and competitive compared to other platforms like Stripe or Square, so it's not a huge negative aspect of the platform. My personal PayPal has also been hacked before through eBay back in 2015. There was an unknown foreign charge on there, which was a little concerning since PayPal is linked to my bank accounts. Luckily PayPal customer service was able to refund me the amount and help me set up two-step authentication for security purposes. I have not gotten hacked since!

Reasons for choosing PayPal

We considered Stripe when setting up our business commerce accounts for our company, but we ended up going with PayPal since it was a little more user-friendly. The transaction fees are comparative, but we like how easy it is to pull historical statements from PayPal. We also feel like it's a little more professional since it's been around longer.

Chelsey

Industry: Market Research

April 2022

I use PayPal daily for my game payouts!

Love it!

Pros

I like most about PayPal, that is easy to navigate and something you can trust!

Cons

Not really anything i dislike about PayPal!

Abby

The most affordable invoicing option for small businesses

Hands down, the best option for a new business getting started out. You can create professional invoices and track all of your income in one place, for free.

Pros

There are tons of options that come with the basic Business Plan, all with no monthly or annual fee - just the 2.8% per transaction. You can setup recurring invoices, monthly, annually, AND Quarterly! Set it and forget it! You can print or PDF the invoices and email them and "Share link myself" so your clients can pay by check and then you pay NOTHING to PayPal.

Cons

There's no option for ACH debit, but for no monthly or annual fee, that's nothing. The reports are a little tricky. Sometimes it's hard to find a report that includes ALL of the invoices sent out, including those who paid by another method not through PayPal. It's in there, it's just not easy to find.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

I eventually did get Quickbooks Self-Employed also, primarily for mileage tracking on my iPhone. I still use PayPal for most invoicing though because QB S-E doesn't have recurring invoicing!! Drives me crazy! I HAVE to have the option to setup automatic monthly and quarterly invoicing, which comes standard and free with PayPal.

Industry Standard Solution

My experience with PayPal has been good but somewhat neutral. There are other alternatives that are very good as well. A decision might come down to personal preferences.

Pros

PayPal has been the industry standard solution for years. Everyone knows PayPal.

Cons

In some cases, integrating PayPal with a website can be a little tedious.

Tiana

A buyers best friend

We have never been burned. There have been a few “extra business days” during processing times but nothing that wasn’t communicated or easily explained. Most people have PayPal and their portal allows members to check out as a guest if they’re not.

Pros

The service support is great, especially when you are a buyer. They really do try their best to advocate for you.

Cons

Some people think that support is a joke. What I’ve realized is that most of that stems from poor communication on the end user part. You have to be clear AND concise. Telling your life story that leads up to the problem does not help.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

We did not need the type of interface that square was offering. We also wanted something that worked better with other existing software systems.

Shabri

Perfect for personal or business uses

It has helped me with ordering textbooks, personal items, and food delivery by its compatibility with all kinds of sites. To be honest, I will sometimes avoid food services or online orders that don't have PayPal as an option to pay.

Pros

I like the promptness of service and money exchange,the extra layer of protection from linking bank accounts, and freedom from hidden costs.

Cons

Sometimes, with larger amounts of money exchange, there is a delay.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

I got locked out of my account by changing phones.

Rajnish

Industry: Civil Engineering

April 2022

Best app for freelancers for receiving payments

My overall experience with Paypal is good.

Pros

The best thing about Paypal is that it is user friendly. Both the site and app version are convenient to use. Another good thing about Paypal is that it takes less time to link our bank account and it supports most of the banks. Also, the money received can be easily tracked and invoice of all transactions can be easily taken out. Paypal is supported in almost all countries, so it is helpful for freelancers like me as I am involved in international transactions.

Cons

The worst thing about Paypal is that it charges more transaction charge while doing international transaction as compared to other payment providers like Payoneer.

Mili Rani

Industry: Cosmetics

Resolution centre sucks

4 cases were filed against me by a scammer and all times PayPal sided with the scammer. It’s highly frustrating and troubling to say the least because every time the scammer got the money and I was left looking like a fool.

Pros

I only like it for using it to make payment. That’s all. In recent times I’ve started to hate it more than like it.

Cons

Anyone can pretend to be anyone and file a claim fraudulently and PayPal representatives don’t ever check properly and gives scammers free money

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Because Venmo directly deposits in the bank and nobody can scam you there.

Sal

The original and the essential.

Safe, secure, and reliable. I trust PayPal with my personal information and as my go-to payment processor to both send and receive payments. You can't ask for more, and it's easy to pull transaction data as necessary. It hasn't been often that I have needed to contact PayPal, but, when I do, they have always worked with me to resolve my concerns.

Pros

I have been a long-time user of PayPal and have used it since the early 2000s. I have used PayPal for online sales through eBay, which how I was first introduced to the website. It was always a quick and safe way to process online payments. As I began to work on music and needed a method to accept payments, PayPal was my obvious choice. PayPal is instant and offers great security for both payer and payee. I see the essential information I need to send out merchandise or e-mail files and I can also rest assured that my payments that I both send and receive are secure. In addition, in this age of phishing scams, PayPal's security features help me feel more secure in sending money online. I can trust PayPal with my account and card information and have never had an issue in the nearly 20 years of using the platform.

Cons

Like all payment processing companies, PayPal does charge fees for their services. While I expect and accept that fees are essentially inevitable, it's always nice if fees can be lowered so that creators can keep more of the funds they work so hard to earn. It's unfortunate when prices need to be raised to account for percentages. Generally, though, PayPal's fees are amongst the lowest that I have seen, so this is a very minor complaint.

Reasons for choosing PayPal

I have a long relationship as a customer of PayPal and have no reason to change. I have been happy with PayPal's features, level of security, and customer support.

Claude

Who doesn't know Paypal as the best and most secured online bank and payment processing system?

To sum it all, paypal is the best online bank system because of its very strong security. It is almost impossible for scammers to steal your money if you use paypal as means of payment

Pros

Everyone knows paypal as the most secured online banking system or escrow system. They give scammers a nightmare. Scammers cannot steal your money if you use paypal as a payment processor. I also love the aspect that they support business to grow by giving them business credits or business loans. The user interface is also straight forward and easy to use. It is also a very fast, reliable and secure way of sending money to anybody in the world. They also have a good customer service, who are very nice to customers. They are constantly bringing in new features into the platform like cryptocurrency trading. I also love the face that you can buy an item and pay in 4 different installments. The list goes on ...

Cons

Overall, I do not have any issues with paypal. Sometimes, they are to strict to a point where they may limit or suspend your account after you initiate a huge transaction. This is something good, but they take almost a week to restore your account. A week is a long time and it may affect a business

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Because customers will steal my money using chargebacks without my permission. Also, scamming is very common with the other means of payments

Showing 1 - 25 of 20,535 reviews