(9,958)

9,958

(2,785)

2,785

• Pros

• "It is very easy to use and easy to understand. The format is very clean and straight forward. Very nice."

• "I love the app. Easy to use and I use it daily."

• "This is very easy to use. It's very user friendly, it's free to use and download. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone. Have using the app for a number of years. "

• Cons

• "Custom reports are great, but sometimes hard to write."

• "It freezes sometimes but other then that , i love this app "

• "The lack of a more personalized customer service has been frustrating at times, however ultimately I have always received an email back from customer service to resolve my concerns."

Browse Paypal Reviews

Barbara from Grid Dynamics

Easy and very secure way to pay online virtually for everything without risk

I work for a global technology business (1,400+ people globally) with presence in multiple countries. We use PayPay on a daily basis for payments and especially, payments for some international transactions.

Pros

I really like that it is very easy to make a payment and you don't have to worry about your credit card information or bank information being disclosed to unwanted party. Security of payment is really key. Many people or companies avoid online payments as often your credit card information can be accessed by unwanted party who put fraudulent transactions on your credit card or even, bank account. Although credit card companies normally would refund such payment, this would require a lot of work and in case of business, a lot of time of your accountants. Time means money, as accountants can't spend time on other activities. Of course, there are a lot of negative emotions associated with credit card fraud. With PayPal, we don't have to worry about credit card fraud. The credit card information here is very secure. Additional advantage of PayPal is that we can make some payments, especially international payments that can only accept PayPal. Overall, we use PayPal as a business daily and we are very happy with it.

Cons

Overall, I like PayPal very much. I believe that the PayPal provider should think about widening its activity. We do use a lot of check payments and wires. I believe that PayPay should think how to expand its activity for international businesses like our company and develop some initiatives for us, to switch some international wire payments to PayPal.

Shelly from Nestle

A way to receive any kind of foreign currency.

Although we have had some bad times with the payment platform in how difficult it is to get the money back, as well as the big money leaks from the commissions I must say that it only represents a part of all the benefits we have achieved using paypal as our online bank, it has allowed us to expand our business exponentially, helping to receive foreign currencies of different types and get better labor allowing us to pay you quickly and securely, helps us to have better control in the payment of our bills as well as in the control of payments from our customers, making it much easier and faster at the time of a transaction, something almost immediately.

Pros

It has allowed me to receive money from anywhere in the world, it is a great utility that has saved several businesses by not having the same type of currency at the time, this facilitates transactions and removes many limitations, as well as has given us an excellent security, avoiding fraud or scams, because once we had that problem by not receiving the product we expected and the supplier did not want to return the money, then we proceeded to a system dispute where we won with excellent success presenting all the documentation, in addition the transactions are almost instantaneous and has allowed us to establish a billing system by which suppliers or customers can make their payments quickly and successfully.

Cons

We have noticed that there are big losses of money through paypal transactions, in addition to an internal commission, there is also one for the amount you send, making the service and use of paypal is not the cheapest for small businesses, as well as having to convince with these high rates to all new users, customers and suppliers that we invite to use this payment platform. The dispute systems although they are very secure we have had to wait several hours, days and months for them to review all the proper documentation and then have to wait for the refund of our money in case of scams or fraud, making it somewhat impatient to use it.

Instrumental in Early Stage B2B Company

We used paypal invoicing options to grow revenues 60% y/y starting in 2011. We also used the invoicing buy new and subscription buttons to test licensing and payment options for a variety of in-house products and services. It was incredibly useful to be able to make changes quickly, put them in production to measure the results. A big part of this is that anyone could market a new product and begin testing, without having to schedule developer resources to process payments.

Pros

Allows us to quickly monetize new offerings and new product variations Many different charging and payment options available Attractive fee structure Easy to setup and manage Appropriate for b2b transactions where aesthetics are less significant.

Cons

Somewhat Limited Customization - to create a buying experience that doesn't feel you're "inside" of paypal is not trivial (and now is easier to do with other offerings). While the Paypal api has improved recently, it's still not as flexible as stripe, aws fps or aws devpay.

Reasons for Choosing Paypal

Others weren't as mature as paypal initially, paypal is still easiest and quickest to use. We're always comparing alternatives pretty closely. Paypal still has best terms. Other APIs are more flexible, and all allows for simpler customization. Paypal has more recently made some improvements to their developer API. Also they've dramatically sped up the website, which sort of makes the easy-to-manage stuff even easier. They've increased the number of ways to get money in and out, including adopting many customer suggestions such as immediate transfers. If you're selling direct to consumers in 2019 you may want to consider another payment service that is a bit more behind the scenes, but be prepared to invest more time in testing and maintaining it.

Enxhi from Wearefiber

Easiest way to transfer money and make payments

Overall I had great experience using the service till I encountered the issue I mentioned in my CONS, at that moment it was a nightmare, I needed to pay for a ticket that accepted only paypal and not my card, and my account got blocked because I couldn't put a payment method from the country I was living because when I initially opened my account, I open it from another country, so I stressed out a lot to figure out I needed to open a new account with another email which would take me some time. So I just asked some friend and borrowed their card to make payments online for a few days.

Pros

I really liked the new UI when you want to transfer or receive money, it makes it really easy to send/receive the right amount and preview the expenses. I liked that in some countries in Europe I can also transfer money from PayPal to my bank account, although this is not possible in some countries in the Balkan.

Cons

There are a lot of things I didn't like about PayPal: overall the idea that when I deactivate/remove/delete my account that is linked with an email, I can never use that email again to open another account, and that puts me in a position to create fake emails to just create new accounts. Another thing I didn't like is that if you open your account in a country and you later on go to live in another country, you can't just simply change your payment method, PayPal doesn't allow you to link a payment method that is not from the country you originally open your account. So eventually it will block your account, and after calling their customer service and spending all your money in expensive phone calls to figure out that you need to create a new account with a different email, although you are the same person and usually a person don't have more than 1 or 2 personal emails. So from being quick and easy to setup and use, sometimes, when you need to use different payment methods from different countries, cause maybe you travel for work, it can be frustrating and puts you in a situation where you can't just use it the account quickly to make a payment within the same day.

Varun from Signal Peak Silica

Industry: Oil & Energy

Simple and effecient

I have been a member of paypal for the last 5 years. I have had great experience with them. There are new players in the market like cash app and venmo, but for me personally, Paypal has been very convenient to use. The only place I think they should improve is having better customer service when there is a dispute. Apart from that, I have no issues with Paypal and I highly recommend it to others to use.

Pros

Here is what I love about paypal: - You can setup an account in a few minutes. All you need is a valid email id and a bank account. - There is no fee for signing up not any monthly fee to maintain an account. - It is used by a large number of merchants both online and in store, all around the world. - You can send money to a friend/family member living in a different country via their feature called 'XOOM". - There website and their pone app is ways to use. - One can link a credit or debit card to their paypal account in seconds. - They have an awesome return shipping policy. If you buy a product online by paying for it via paypal and don't like it, you ca return the product and the return shipping cost (up to $30) will be paid by paypal 12 times in a year! That is hassle free shopping. - Once you link your credit card via paypal and shop online, your credit card details are hidden and you never have to disclose your credit card information online ever again. - They sponsor special discounts for customers that shop with PayPal at selected retailer stores. For instance, you can sometimes buy a gift card of $25 for just $20. That is a $5 saving you get for free.

Cons

This is where paypal can improve: - Their dispute resolution is not as great as the that of traditional credit card companies. In my years of having an account with paypal, I have had only once instance where I had to file a dispute for a damaged item that I received from China. I was asked to send back the damaged item to the seller without even getting a return shipping label. - I have had friends whose accounts have been frozen for no reason with no prior notice. However, I have personally not had any issues with them so far.

Christina from Digital Rx Computer Repair

Very Trustworthy!

I use PayPal multiple times a week for both personal and business reasons, and it's the easiest and fastest money transfer app I've used. I really like how you can choose to send money as friends and family or as goods and services, options are important. If someone buys your product or service and pay through goods and services they get buyer protection which is very helpful because I can't offer that on my own. Recently they added the option to instantly transfer your PayPal balance to your linked debit card or bank account, which is another great service by PayPal. They have a nice selection of PayPal credit, debit and prepaid cards and you can also get the PayPal cash card to easily withdraw money from your balance at a store or ATM. I love using PayPal, it's the only money transfer service I actually use because they make every transaction and transfer almost effortless. PayPal has great fraud security and ert you via email if they suspect suspicious activity on your account. Very trustworthy app/website! PayPal support is great, I love how you can choose to contact them through email, in app messaging, live chat or call them...these choices make it possible to reach out for help no matter your situation. PayPal nailed it!

Pros

Instant money transfers! I love how easy it is to instantly send money or payments to anyone by phone number, email address or name. Being able to link PayPal to Google Pay and Samsung Pay make PayPal that much more convenient to use. I recently upgraded to a PayPal Business Account and received my new credit card swiper and chip reader in the mail, and it pairs easily with the PayPal Here app via Bluetooth and now I can accept credit card payments whenever and wherever I happen to be. I absolutely love using PayPal.

Cons

PayPal has an internal security system that blocks certain transactions and there is nothing you or PayPal support can do to override it, you just have to wait 24 hours and try again. If your account mostly receives money rather than sending money and you decide to send money the internal security system may either block your transfer or lock you out of your account until you call them to confirm your account, they call this "suspicious activity on your PayPal account"

Emeka from Innovation Growth Hub

A Widely Used Payment Processor

I use PayPal to make payments for goods and services for my business. It's also used to accept payments. Generally, PayPal is a cool payment processor.

Pros

I like PayPal for some reasons. Among the reasons for which I like PayPal include: 1. Ability to make payments without exposing my credit card details: Credit card fraud and identity theft is a trending menace nowadays. One is at a very high risk of having his/her credit card information stolen when the card is used on insecure websites. With PayPal I don't have to bother about my credit card information as I only have to sign in to my PayPal account and then proceed to making payment without having to expose my credit card information on the third-party website. 2. Ability to receive payment using only an email address: I love it that I can use my verified PayPal account's email address to receive money from anyone with a PayPal account. 3. Ability to integrate PayPal payment processor without much technicalities involves: I was able to integrate the PayPal payment processor to my ecommerce website in just a few minutes without having to do much technical stuffs. 4. Moderate payment processing charges: The charges by PayPal while using their payment gateway is moderate compared to that of some other payment processors. I had tried using a payment processor whose charges were quite high.

Cons

I have some problems with PayPal. One of the problems is that PayPal is not available is some countries, and this is a limitation to expanding to such countries. Secondly, PayPal have an history of limiting people's accounts for some hard to understand reasons. The issue is that once an account is limited, it is very hard or impossible to get back the money in the account.

Reasons for Choosing Paypal

I chose PayPal over stripe because it seem to be a more preferred option for drop shipping.

Candace from Candace Gaskin Webb

Industry: Writing and Editing

12 years and still loving it!

I cannot say enough good about them. They have always been accurate, they have always backed me as a customer, they have always solved my issues while on the phone with me.. it has never taken more than one call to get answers. I have used them for 12 years and continue to love the ease of the sotware.

Pros

I have been using PayPal as my primary method of receiving payments from clients for 12 years. The ease of use is incredible. My favorite thing about it is that it doesn't take long for the money to drop into my PayPal account once it has been sent. It is truly received within minutes! The other thing I love about it is when there is a problem, such as something I canceled still withdrawing money from the account, PayPal gives me the money back immediately and tells the person who did it to prove they were allowed to. Traditional banks go through an entire chargeback claim and it can take weeks. With PayPal it is while you are on the phone. They call it a provisional credit, while they investigate. They stand behind their customers! I have also used their credit card collection machine. It is a small device that attaches to my phone when I want to take payments, such as for goods at a craft fair). People can use their payment account or use their PayPal debit card to pay. The transaction goes through smoothly and I am not beholden to credit card processing companies for crazy fees. Paypal is much much less expensive.

Cons

On very rare occasions it will go down. I think maybe 5 times in 12 years it has happened to me. When it happens money cannot drop in or be sent out, so you are stuck waiting till they fix the problem before you can conduct business. However, I have never known it to take more than a few minutes to get it done. It doesn't happen much now, but a few years ago it was something I did not like. Also, the software is fee based, so there are charges for money coming in and money going out. That is no fun.

Jake from Evergrow Marketing

A User-Friendly Invoicing System and Accounting System

Great so far. I don't see us switching to any other invoicing platform anytime soon.

Pros

The thing that led us over to PayPal was how easily integrated it was with other platforms as well as how familiar everyone already is with it. The pricing is competitive per transaction and it easily allows for international invoicing and payment. It also made it really easy for our accountant to understand the layout of it.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like at first was that I typically associate PayPal with a cash app between non-professional relationships. After seeing their invoicing system, I was immediately impressed.

Reasons for Choosing Paypal

It came down to pricing and functionality. PayPal offered the same features without the monthly fees.

AUBREY L D from Medical

International payment system that stands as a gold standard

We now have a PayPal button on our website that indicates to clients that we accept PayPal payments and we now receive funds from everywhere. It is an easy to use wallet and you can make withdraws easily to your bank account or credit card.

Pros

It has provided us with the opportunity to receive funds instantly from our clients from all over the world. All this happens at the best lowest expense possible. The most important thing you can create and send invoices very easily to clients. We are also able to request payments from clients. The choice to differentiate between personal and business accounts, of which they are all free to open, makes it more client focused. PayPal exchange rates to other currencies are also good than other companies that rob from clients by manipulating currency exchange rates. Buyer protection is another best feature to prevent fraudulent sellers from scamming clients.

Cons

As much as paypal is making life simple and is helping building a global community, their introduction of fees when you are sending money to a friend across borders makes it unfair.

Reasons for Choosing Paypal

Paypal is global, works with many merchandisers, has good support team, they have good fees although they still need to reduce the fees, and it is simple to use.

Ethan from Freelance Entrepeneur

Industry: Computer Networking

I use PayPal to pay my bills and receive payments.

I have not had any negative experiences myself but its a really good idea to thoroughly read through all of the terms of service before using PayPal to run a business as you should with any service.

Pros

One of the best pros I can list for this service is that it makes controlling your bill payments very convenient. When it comes to many services nothing is more inconvenient than having to call your service provider to cancel your services when you wish to stop service. I need to cancel various services from time to time to allow for fluctuations in my income as being a freelancer I can never know when I will need to "tighten my purse strings" as the saying goes. I use PayPal to pay my bills whenever a service allows me to because when you need to stop all of your superfluous services like say NetFlix or Amazon Prime, etc, etc PayPal makes extremely easy. All you have to do is disable all of your payment methods like debit and credits cards you have provided to PayPal and PayPal will not be able to make your payments and the services will subsequently not be able to charge you causing what ever services you have connected to PayPal to end until you update your payment methods. It saves me so much time because with this method I don't have to individually login to each service I have connected to PayPal and cancel them.

Cons

Its not an unreasonable practice but the major con in using PayPal is their fees for business transactions. When it comes to refunding fees when a business uses PayPal to receive payments for products or services PayPal charges a non-refundable fee when you use it to take a payment for your products or services and in the event that a business using PayPal has to refund a customer they have to take the hit if they want to give that customer a full refund and this can be quite a hefty loss depending on the amount of the transaction. So if you are using PayPal to take payments you really should make certain that you will not later need to refund the customer you are receiving the payment from, inform the customer that you will not refund the fees paid to PayPal, or charge a fee yourself for the customer to use PayPal in your transactions to cover any potential loses.

Kayla from Hillmann Family Home Repairs

Paypal Benefits Hillmann Home Repairs Business

As stated above, overall our experience with PayPal has been a positive one. It is a quick and easy way to receive our money from whatever jobs we have completed in the week, and we are able to divide our money to spread to our employees who receive a percentage of the job they are working on as well.

Pros

My husband and I recently started our own business and felt as though we needed an easy way for our clients to be able to pay. It is easy for us to provide the business emails to customers and they are easily able to follow the link to send us the money that is required for our services. It is reliable and a bit better than a bank that provides us with ridiculous amounts of fees for transfers and overdraft charges. It also makes it easier for us to pay our employees, which as I stated we are a small family owned company, so far we have two employees including my husband who is the business owner. When we do a job that day, we are able to send our employees their percentage of the job quickly and efficiently.

Cons

The only thing that we were not happy about with paypal is the transfer fee of 1.27 every time you go to transfer money to someone elses account. It seems a bit ridiculous to us, because then in order to pay our employee the proper amount, we have to worry about sending an extra 1.27 to cover the fee that they charge.

Reasons for Choosing Paypal

After speaking to multiple businesses, we simply just decided to go with paypal because we were told many positive things. My husband and I use it personally as well as for business.

Adam from A.B Marketing

EASY ONLINE METHOD WHERE YOU CAN PAY FOR ANYTHING ONLINE WITHOUT ANY RISKS

Overall, as Ive mentioned previously I do like Paypal a lot as its very secure and easy and very fast to make transactions to people or online businesses and it saves time not using your cards or putting in your card details. Apart from a negatives about freezing someones account I cant really say anything else bad about PayPal. PayPal is the biggest online money company in the world its services and customer services are excellent so Ive had nothing but good experiences as its quick, easy and accepted thats all you want in a website to help with your money.

Pros

What I love about PayPal is that its so easy to use! When you start up you create your account and add all your details and bank information and its very quick and secure and its nothing to worry about your bank details being disclosed or threats of scam on your cards and finding your information so secure its on here is key and excellent as that a a top priority for a money site like this. I know a lot of people that avoid PayPal or companies dont use online payments as people with credit cards or so on can get unwanted partys adding money into your account or people finding your details and taking money instead. If this happened credit card and bank companies would help get your money back or whatever scenario you have, put it could take a long time for that to happen so youd be dealing with a long wait and uncertainty to whats actually happening. With PayPal though you will not have any problems with people taking your information or any fraudulent activity and if there was PayPal would be on the case straight away and would sort the dilemma and sufficient as possible as its customer service is excellent and making sure your account and money is closed off from other people. Lastly you can create and send invoices through your account to family, friends or businesses and this is an excellent way to send money and very easy to use without any hassle at all.

Cons

To be honest Ive been using PayPal for quite sometime and I havent had. Major problem on it but there are only a few things which could improve the software, first of all chargebacks.... whenever you receive or send money PayPal will take a fee of your payment and if its on eBay for example it would take 5-10% of the transaction. Furthermore another situation is PayPal can freeze someones account and people report this to PayPal that there accounts have been frozen for no reason. The reason PayPal do this is because they check everyones transactions and if they feel like there is a particular transaction that looks like unusual behaviour like a very larger than usual sum being sent through there system they will freeze your account. When your account is froze it will stop you from making any transactions and you wont be able to use your money or withdraw it either. In addition if youre buying something online PayPal can freeze that money and it may refuse to list the ban until the item has been delivered which causes hassle and life difficult for retailers.

Grace from Superior Eye Health Center

Long time user

Overall it was a great system that we rarely had any issues with. I just wish there had been more functionality and customization within the software.

Pros

We implemented this software so we could accept credit card payments on our website. We are in the medical profession. It was easy to install, easy to use, and easy to track/refund payments.

Cons

No feature for patients to set up auto payments for a period of time. Sometimes hard to match up who the payment was for if they didn't list their account #. No crazy about fees being taken out of our payments which is one of the main reason's we switched.

Reasons for Choosing Paypal

Intuit stopped the functionality of accepting payments online, I was searching for an alternative and paypal was quick and easy to implement.

Ashkan from The Ohio State University

Industry: Civil Engineering

Popular and Trustworthy

I have been using PayPal for the past year, and I strongly recommend it to anyone who needs to send or receive money or buy online. Compared to other platforms like Venmo or Cash App, PayPal has at least one advantage and that is popularity. That makes PayPal the most convenient money transferring app to use. Also, being a good app does not make you popular. The app should be perfect to become popular, and I think PayPal is very close to being perfect.

Pros

This is how I started using PayPal; I opened an account in a matter of seconds, added my debit cards from the banks I have account in and credit card info into my account, and now I dont even use the physical cards anymore. I use PayPal for sending and receiving money and buying online. It is very convenient, and every online shopping website and merchant that I have used accepts paying with PayPal. My friends and I use PayPal to send money to each other every day. Recently PayPal has added a new handy feature called money pool. With this feature, you can gather money for a specific reason. I have used this feature many times. The first time I was in charge of throwing a birthday party for one of my friends. At first, it seemed like trouble knowing that I have to ask from everyone for their share of expenses. But then I found this feature in PayPal, I created a pool, and easily everyone paid their share. The money came right into my PayPal account in a matter of seconds, and thanks to PayPal the party was amazing. Another reason I love PayPal is that I can support my favorite charity in the app, which I find very convenient. Also, from time to time you can find great deals on online shopping websites if you pay through PayPal. I have used many of these deals and saved a lot of money by just using PayPal.

Cons

No matter how good PayPal is, there is still some space to improve. Sometimes transferring my balance to my bank account takes more than three business days, and it would be great if PayPal could improve the speed of the balance transferring process. Many of my friends prefer to use other apps just because of this and they need to transfer money instantly. Although there is an option for faster transfer, other apps can do it without charging for a fee. Also, it would be great if the customer could ask directly from PayPal for a refund, and not the merchant.

Ignacio Araujo from Self-Employed

Industry: Translation and Localization

Sill a reference for payments, but fees became too high. There may be better options out there.

PayPal is probably one of the first and most famous payment platforms. It's still a reference for freelancers that render services to foreign clients. I've been using it for years and never had any problems to receive and pay with them, as well as to withdraw funds to my local bank. However, their fees became too high if compared to other peers in the industry. Also, they apply a high conversion fee when you need to convert your foreign payment to your local currency. In short, it's a reliable and effective option as a platform, service and company, but you may expect to spend a bit more than 10% of your gross payment when receiving money with them. I've been looking for better options from a cost-effectiveness perspective, but still use them in some cases.

Pros

- It's still a reference in the industry. As a freelancer, I can receive payments from almost any client using this tool. - It's easy to use and you can quickly transfer payments received from anyone in the world to your local bank account. - It's a traditional and reliable company in this industry (an important point when it comes to your money).

Cons

- Fees became higher and higher. Now, I'm paying around 6,5% to receive payments from my clients using PayPal. - In addition to those high fees, they also discount a high spread on exchange rate conversions. Usually, you will convert money to your local currency with a 4,5% discount on the mid-market current rate (i.e., considering both fees, you may expect to be taken more than 10% of your gross payment). - Recently, they changed their policy in Brazil and now I can't hold a USD account with them. This means I'm forced to convert any payments to Brazilian Reais as soon as I get paid, which may not be a good option depending on the exchange rate at that moment.

Joshua from Thryft-Flipp

Quickest Way to Accept Payment with Cards

PayPal Here makes it super simple to accept payment from my customers. I like that it's linked directly to my PayPal account and that funds are available immediately. Before I started using PayPal Here, I would have customers ask to Cash.app me funds or send them via Venmo. The downside to this was that it wasn't necessarily professional and I had to wait for funds to be transferred to my bank account.

Pros

PayPal Here is by far the quickest way to accept payment from customers with credit/debit cards. I'm particularly referring to the speed in which funds are available for spending. It's very simple to swipe the customer's card or enter their payment information and then almost instantly have access to those funds. I the earlier days of PayPal Here, I was one of the fortunate people that received a free card reader. This came in handy as all I had to do was plug it into my iPad and simply swipe the customer's card. The app is somewhat customizable, too. For example, you can specify whether or not you want to require a customer's signature for certain purchase amounts. Also, the app integrates with PayPal Inventory Management as an added convenience if desired.

Cons

The only thing I really dislike about the app is the fact that I am charged a higher percentage on the fee if I manually input the customer's credit/debit card information as opposed to just swiping their card. Sometimes I feel that this is an unfair thing - especially in cases where the customer's card is not properly reading when swiped in the card reader. Lastly, PayPal no longer provides free card readers (unless you're a new user). So, if you need a new, updated card reader you'll have to pay for it.

Reasons for Choosing Paypal

I already had a PayPal account, so PayPal Here definitely was the easiest way to go.

Chris from Nethermore

Industry: Music

Great tool for Buyers

Overall, as a buyer I've had nothing but good experiences with PayPal. Its quick, easy and accepted by a ton of merchants throughput the world. My issue is on the selling side. Small vendors whom get stung for frieght, the product and have to reimburse the buyer can cost them months of selling to recoup the costs depending on what the items are. The threats of charge-backs and the need for an iron clad case can be frustrating and intimidating for small sellers. The customer service on the seller side has been okay, but you typically lose unless you can prove that the product arrived as it was described

Pros

Paypal is world wide and world class software which is felt to be a very safe way to conduct business.. PayPal was one of the first types of electronic transactional consumer based tools to allow for safe transfer of money between customer and merchant. So, they have extensive experience with protecting your cash. They have streamlined their sign in process so that it can be done as easily as one touch with your phone or if you like a little mre security than that you can utilize the full app to do your buying. The service can be used not just for purchases online but because you can send money directly you don't have to use a service like e bay for buying - if someone is selling something in the newspaper and they can take PayPal - then you can buy with paypal. Paypal is convenient for buyers and they have striven to make a great experience for them.

Cons

For sellers PayPal can be difficult. Because they are an intermediary between the customer and the business you have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for your money to be released. This is doue to the amount scams that are out there. Whats worse, is if you have a customer dispute PayPal pretty much automatically sides with the buyer because of the charge back threat from the credit cards. That is, its better for the seller to be out money then it is for them - that said, they do have a sellers guarantee which if you meet any of the conditions then they will automatically back you as a seller. It can be difficult to prove a case either way though and in those times of ambiguity - the buyer wins and you are out the money and the product.

Kristen from Writing and Editing

Industry: Writing and Editing

PayPal is trusted and recognized - Very Useful!

PayPal makes it easy and secure to send and receive payments. The sign-up process is simple and secure. It is easy to add an account. PayPal has a clean, easy-to-navigate interface that puts everything right in front of you. You can find your account balance or what you're looking for right away. You can send payment requests to friends or clients, or send money to others from your bank account. Many online retailers accept PayPal, allowing you to pay online securely.

Pros

PayPal is one of the most well-known, trusted, and recognized brands when it comes to e-commerce and online financial transactions. Because of it's recognition, it's a name people trust. Offering PayPal as a method of pay to prospective clients or buyers is an easy way to allow people to spend their money with you. Using PayPal as a customer gives you a feeling of security that less recognizable brands don't offer.

Cons

Customer support for PayPal is not as robust as one would hope for a company dealing with financial transactions. Additionally, PayPal is one of the many online companies that struggle to find a balance in mediating disputes between buyers and sellers of online products and services. This sometimes results in legitimate gripes about PayPal making it too easy for scammers to get money out of honest online retailers. This problem is not unique to PayPal and it will take the whole internet and legal communities to solve.

Reasons for Choosing Paypal

PayPal has been around forever. I already have an established account and I am very satisfied with it.

Kevin from Ladbrokes

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Paypal is borderless and I can pay or get paid anywhere

I am very happy with paypal overall, I would like to keep using paypal for all online transactions and transfers. Banks are slow and paypal is convenient.

Pros

Nowadays I can buy most of stuff online and pay by paypal. It is supported by ebay and a lot more companies. It also integrated with ebay seamlessly, that I clicked buy now button and nothing else I need to worry about. It automatically converts currencies to my local currency. I can then withdraw it to my bank account by clicking a couple of buttons on ebay. When I am running out of cash and borrow from a friend, I can always transfer the money to their email address easily. From programming perspective, paypal has a great notification API that developers can integrate to build their payroll tracking apps and generate reports. It fully automated a lot of shopping cart processes for lots of online shops. It's resolution process is fantastic when I am having conflicts with sellers or buyers, paypal helpes to resolve issues and make me feel very safe to do transactions with paypal.

Cons

One thing I didn't like is I was using an individual account, at some stage I started a business and upgrade my paypal to business account, since then I always pay a bit extra fees and I can never use my individual accounts anymore. The currency conversion is convenient but the rate is never good enough. It is always on the low end of the current conversion rate. I always get scam emails who are claiming they are from paypal, there are a number of times, I almost get fooled. I hope paypal spend more resource onto the scams as it is threatening the users' financial life.

Reasons for Choosing Paypal

I think paypal isn't having much competition in consumer marketplaces. It is widely used in all sorts of online marketplaces. Mastercard and visa have their online payments as well, but they are never easy to setup and being used in many marketplaces. So paypal is my preferable options for all times.

Brandon from Beyond Taboo Tattoo and Piercing Studio

User Friendly Money Services

PayPal makes it easy to pay employees as well as make business purchases online and in store. You can cash a check (for a small fee) quickly using the mobile app. As previously mentioned, the ability to send invoices to clients is extremely convenient. It's just an overall great provider of money services whether it's for business use, personal use or both.

Pros

I like the fact that it can be used to easily send and receive money for business and/or personal purposes. It allows you to create and send invoices as well as currency conversion. Most of the services offered are free while the rest are provided at a very reasonable price. PayPal will provide you a personal and/or business debit card that can be used at many ATMs free of charge. When you consider that most of the services provided by PayPal don't cost a thing, you just can't beat it.

Cons

There's not much to dislike. I suppose I would like more options when it comes to contacting customer support. The 2 options provided (phone or online chat) are not always sufficient. I would like the option to contact support via e-mail and possibly even SMS.

Beth from Health, Wealth and Fitness

PayPal Streamlines a Small Business's Flow of Money

PayPal is an indispensable part of my small business.

Pros

PayPal not only makes sending and receiving money super easy, with a business account it tracks everything and creates reports that come tax time makes preparing your return super easy. On the rare occasions I have had to interface with customer service, it has always been a pleasant and productive interaction

Cons

The transfer can be slower than other services. Other services can do instant transfer but for this you have to pay extra with PayPal.

Tamara from Engaged Marketing

Easiest Payment Option

After a photo session with a large family, the parents are often times a little overwhelmed with getting everything together. So I simple let them know that I have paypal. And pretty much every time they look relieved and glad they don't have to worry about another thing. It's a few clicks and the money is sent. It really is that easy. And I think it takes the burden off of my clients to try and remember everything they need for the day of the photoshoot. And I don't have to worry about getting paid. Paypal will send me a notification when someone pays me. Which is just another bonus.

Pros

I remember when Paypal started to show up on Ebay years ago. It helped do the basics of purchasing things more securely than just using a debit card. But It has grow so much more. I use paypal for everything. It's so easy to access. Their app I've never had issues with and its easy to navigate. I use it to pay rent, pay my phone bill, send money, and receive money. One of the things that I also enjoy that paypal offers is paypal credit. Depending on your credit score you are allowed to borrow a certain amount of money. First few months it was $700 for me and now its $1100. You get up to six months to pay it off. You do have to pay a small fee but if you pay it off by the 6 months there is no interest. Another thing that I just recently signed up for is the paypal cash. Paypal now offers what looks like a debit card (no numbers just a chip) and you can load it up with cash from your bank account and use it to pay for things online and in stores. I just ordered it (its free) and its in the mail on its way.

Cons

I do wish paypal credit would help improve your credit score. It doesn't impact your credit in anyway that I know of so you can't grow your credit score. Which to me is a huge loss since I use paypal everyday and pay it off right away. One other thing- though this honestly has nothing to do with paypal. I wish more companies used it! Its a secure way to check out yet it's only used by maybe half of the companies I buy from.

Very good, but needs some improvement to be best

I use it mostly for sharing money with friends and family and in this service, PayPal is second to none considering the ease of use. I found it very helpful for online checkouts. A lesser service fee and easier use of paypal credit would make their service more better and impeccable. Overall, its a great privilege to use such a nice money management system.

Pros

Paypal is the first money sharing app I have ever used. For their free transfer and instant transfer to PayPal account, I even now keep this app on top of all other such apps. Also most of the online vendors now accept paypal and paypal credit while it is very easy to checkout with one click, hence I use it where I have it as an option. Also I can transfer money from my paypal to bank account and vice versa without any fee. All these are the reasons I love to use it and have been using it almost everyday to split expenses with friends and family as well as using it for online purchases.

Cons

Their customer support is not that much responsive as you will find it hard to talk to a human agent over phone. Also most of the representatives I have talked to so far dont seem to have a comprehensive knowledge of the system. The representatives need to be more knowledgeable about their service and should serve more promptly. I have faced difficulty to set up recurring payment option with my paypal credit as the use of this extension in their service is still not much user-friendly. They should provide more easier option to set payment options. I have faced issues with payment options as even after selecting a specific payment option with paypal checkout, I was charged from another payment option without my knowledge. Also if you mistakenly pay your friend using money protection feature, they will charge you a fee and there is no option to get back that charged fee even of you do it by mistake. They should be more flexible on such things. Also free trasnfer to the bank accounts sometimes take time more than usual which may mess up your monetary emergency.

Katherine from My Authentic Life

Industry: Mental Health Care

Ease of collecting payments from clients via PayPal for sole practitioner

Accepting payments from clients was easy. Transferring money from PayPal to my personal accounts was easy. I really enjoyed using PayPal for my business needs for the time that I did, however I was using a paper health records system in conjunction with PayPal, so when I transferred over to an electronic health records system, the EHR included a payment functionality that streamlines with client appointments, notes, etc. I prefer PayPal's operations over the one I'm using now, except for the streamlined and connected functionality of the EHR payment system.

Pros

The variety of options in what to do with the money held in PayPal after a payment was made. This included an instant transfer to my personal bank account for a reasonable fee, a standard transfer to my bank account for zero fee that would happen in a couple business days, or even just leaving the money in PayPal to be used for other things. My Uber and Lyft accounts were linked to PayPal for payment, as well as Netflix, Spotify, Groupon, and other things. I always knew where my money was, there was no wondering how long it would take to transfer from one account to another.

Cons

I was unable to accept HSA or FSA cards. I also did not have a physical card reader so my clients were either downloading PayPal in order to pay via transfer to me, or I was creating an invoice where they could then enter in a card number. As a clinician, I didn't like that it felt as though I was asking them to download an app, even though the flexibility was actually there if they chose not to do so. I would have also liked the option to add a 'cash payment completed' option on an outstanding invoice. There was actually very little that I did not like about PayPal however.

Lisa from freelance

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A well known site got even more user friendly!

I used to use PayPal when selling or buying items in eBay only. Now I use it for my freelance business to send invoices, receive money from clients immediately, and either hold it there in PayPal or move it to my bank account. With a PayPal ATM Card, PayPal is like having a separate savings account without the hassles if having to go to a bank to apply for an account. The privacy and safety measures in place are top notch, and the added features make this a perfect way to send and request money whether for business or personal reasons.

Pros

PayPal has come a long way. Its always been the go to when selling online, but now it can be used to send and receive payments for anything! Linking directly to your bank account or holding the money for you with the add on of a PayPal ATM Card, its now made itself available at various retailers where you can pick up money anytime. Send a request for business services rendered or simply for a friend to pay half for dinner. Send money to purchase items or simply as a gift to someone. PayPals charges very reasonable amounts for immediate transactions or you can go the free way and wait a day for your money to be moved. With so many new features, PayPal is the new way to send and receive money immediately.

Cons

I can honestly say there isnt much I dont like about PayPal. As someone who does Freelance work for a living, I have yet to find a con with its services.

Daniel Alejandro from Godaca, LLC

Best Software to transfer Money Worlwide

We started our business about 3 years ago. Our first Payment Processor was PayPal. In the beginning, we struggled a little bit syncing the bank accounts, and then PayPal asked for verification of the ID, sometimes the process is a little slow, I would recommend make faster the registration process so is more intuitive and friendly for people that are not experts in the field. Overall Paypal has been really good for our business, and the tools that offer to send an invoice for a customer are really nice. the customer is not required to have a Paypal account, so they can pay with the credit card. The Invoice System is really fast to create an invoice and send it really fast. When the Balance to be transferred is more than $1000 and you are making a commercial transaction. Paypal charged by a percentage that makes really high fee compared to a wire transfer from a regular bank, therefore, when we are transferring high amounts we use regular banks because it is a flat fee of $40. However Paypal still stands really good for small amounts, and the transactions are made immediately. we really love the reports that you can download from their system which is really handy at the Taxes's time also, PayPal can be synchronize easily with almost any website system, and make the process really smooth and fast We recommend PayPal for Business and individual that want to transfer around the world really fast We Recommend to PayPal open their own Marketplace Thank you

Pros

-Easy to Use and Intuitive -Adaptability to business, especially e-commerce -Used worldwide for the best selling Marketplaces in the world (Amazon, eBay, aliexpress) -Friendly reports -Friendly system -Low Fee Cost depends on the amount of the transaction

Cons

-High-cost fee for transactions when required a high amount of money -at the beginning is hard to open an account and sync with the bank account. the verification by sign-in doesn't work correctly, so you have to wait some business days to wait for a deposit -There are some high fees for other services that they have -the credit provided by PayPal, interests are a little high compared to amazon

Orlando from Mercado Libre

A safe and simple platform for online shopping

PayPal was the first electronic payment platform I used, it was very easy for me to start using it. Thanks to this valuable platform, I can shop online, pay for services and also receive money when selling an administrative product or service. It is very safe and reliable, I use PayPal a lot because it is accepted in almost all internet pages.

Pros

PayPal has many positive things, I can receive and send money from anywhere in the world. With PayPal I can buy on EBay safely and instantly. There are also many websites that accept PayPal as a form of payment. In addition, I can send money to my family and friends. It is very easy to open an account and send and receive money, you only need the email of the other person and that's it, the money arrives instantly. Even if you have an associated PayPal bank account, you can withdraw the money to that account. Something I like is that I can create an invoice, customize it and send it to a customer. I can associate my debit or credit card with the account and that way I can make payments online without revealing the card details. The technical support is good, they try to help you when you have a problem, although I think they should improve a bit.

Cons

The bad thing about PayPal is that it is very delicate and for any suspicious reason they can limit the account, that is, you cannot send money to another person. That sometimes happens when you enter the account with another IP or in another country. If that happens you have to contact support and many times it takes too long to solve the problem. I would also like PayPal to have a chat system, that way you can solve problems that arise quickly.

Osamah from Princess Sumaya University

Easy Money Transactions

I have been using PayPal for over 5 years now and I think I can't abandon it anytime soon. PayPal made my life easier. Before PayPal, I had to go to my bank by car ( which consumes a lot of my time as the closest bank is a little bit too far away) to cash out my tuition fees and regular expenses. But now with PayPal, I don't have to do that anymore, my parents would simply transfer the money directly to my PayPal account and I can shop online without any effort at all! My advice, if you are not already a PayPal client, you should start using it. You will never regret it!

Pros

It's easy and simple to register in PayPal. All you need is an email address, a password and that is it! Once you register you can instantly start transferring or receiving money from your friends and relatives. You don't have to provide them with any kind of confidential information, all you need to give them is your email and they can instantly make a transaction to you! It's as simple as that! As a student studying outside of my country, My parents use PayPal to send me my tuition fees, money for food and living. All that happens through PayPal without making effort and without having to deliver it by hand. You can use PayPal to make purchases online. I use it to shop from popular markets like eBay and it works just fine! One thing I like a lot about PayPal is that it is very easy to use, even a 10 years old boy can use it for the first time without any troubles! it has a very simple (yet detailed) interface that no one will struggle to navigate through the different tabs. Also, I like how purchases are made within literally a few seconds, everything happens in a blink of an eye!

Cons

Honestly speaking, there is nothing to dislike about PayPal. Nothing! Although I might complain about PayPal not being supported as an available payment option in some big online shopping websites like Amazon or AliExpress. However, that has nothing to do with PayPal itself so I can't consider it a downside. Like I said everything in PayPal is just perfect!

Mary from Mabelmae's Attic

PayPal Here is a One Stop Payment Center

Witn the Paypal here app, I have found that people are more likely to buy items if I offer Paypal here. People seem to trust the app because they know the name. It also makes my bookkeeping easier since so many of my online payments already go through Paypal.

Pros

I have to admit that when I first heard of the app, I was a little skeptical. Ok, maybe more like scared. I have been using Paypal for Payments since it first came on line and it's one thing to have someone use Paypal with an online purchase, get paid and ship your package and another to have someone use an app to pay and walk off with their purchase. All sorts of things went through my mind. Mostly, what if there's a glitch and I can't get my money. Well, this is one easy app to use and, at least from my experience, seems like something customers want. It makes paying much easier, adds it to my Paypal account and, at least with me, eliminates any need for a regular merchant account. My experience has also shown that the money goes right into my account and if there is a question about a charge that shows up on a customer's statement(usually it's someone who doesn't know that the name of my company.I use Paypal here at a lot of vintage and artists markets), Paypal quickly fixes the problem. I love the product and, like Paypal itself, has served me well over the years. I have looked at other payment options, but, at this point, I'm staying with Paypal here!

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this product. It is extremely easy to use. I can't think of anything that I would change. I even like the shape of the scanner.

Reasons for Choosing Paypal

I like Paypal the company and trust the company. The app, when first presented, seemed like a good idea, but at first I wasn't sold. When I found how many people were will to use the app because it was associated with the Paypal name, I was sold. I don't think I will ever try another app like this one at this point.

Paypal makes online business easy

Paypal has made it easy for me to conduct business online with people from all over the world. The transactions fees (if any, depending on transaction) are reasonable and worth the services provided. Having a debit card attached to the business account makes it even easier to shop anywhere and have full access to my funds when and where I need them. It is also extremely convenient that paying with Paypal has become a widely accepted form of payment at many retailers skipping the need for a plastic card in some cases.

Pros

Paypal is extremely easy to use and gives you step-by-step instructions on how to set up and get the most out of your account. They also have helpful add-ons for business owners, an easy invoice and payment set up and easy to read account information. Paypal also provides suggestions for other software you may find helpful and offers business tools that make it easy for anyone to use the service as a payment option for any type of non-adult entertainment related business.

Cons

In order to have a verified account, it must be connected to an actual bank account from another financial institution. If your account is not "Verified" there are limitations in place.

Carissa from G-PACT

Very handy and safe

I've never had a problem with Paypal personally or professionally. As a non-profit CEO, I love that we can just put a button on a website or give out our accounting e-mail addy when people ask where to send donations and they can do it right away. It's an easy way to sell any products or do fundraising events and not have to manually keep track of each transaction because PayPal keeps track of it all in one spot! Once, there was a charge that I didn't authorize, and they responded immediately and took care of it. I feel really safe using it.

Pros

I feel safe using Paypal. It is so easy to transfer funds and also keep funds safe in a separate account besides banking or savings. The paypal credit is great for emergencies to not have to pay interest for 6 months, and the new paypal cash card is a great backup to access funds as needed from any ATM. I love that I have the option to transfer funds to other accounts, and have one resource I can use to pay with ANY of my accounts instead of having to type in numbers from so many different cards. The speed in which funds are transferred for free is very fast, but to also have the option to pay a small fee for a faster transfer is helpful in emergency situations especially. It is SO easy to use and funds are immediately available by simply typing in an e-mail addy or using a paypal.me link. It's a perfect one stop to combine so many accounts together, send and receive money, save money, pay securely online, and request money. I use it personally, as does my non-profit. It saves my non-profit a lot of money by not having to have a credit card machine we use through the bank! It encourages people to donate because it is instant (so they don't forget or change their minds later) and so easy by not having to write out a check or get a money order. I love being able to see my payments and what I have received from where all in one spot. The option to return funds, request funds, or pay others all in one spot is so fast and easy! I LOVE paypal!

Cons

Sometimes I have some navigational issues on the site, but I don't know why because I've used it for so long! Otherwise, I really can't think of anything about Paypal that I don't like.

Suzan from Metro Media Consulting Group LLC

Paypal Business Review

Overall, I've been a customer of paypal for over 10 years. I like their invoicing system, and how it tracks everything for you. It gives ease of access when you go into Paypal and you need to search for and track payment or invoice records. That's awesome. I am not a fan of the customer service that paypal has. Each time I call for help to try to fix an issue I'm having, I end up getting off the call more confused. They need to train their rep's better. I've had instances where I've had to call about the same issue multiple times, and each time I called about the exact same issue, I have been given different explanations, and also been told to do different things to 'correct' the issues, and 9 times out of 10, the issue isn't resolved. If you call with a simple issue, the rep's seem to be able to help ok though.

Pros

I like a couple things about Paypal. I mostly like the mobile app that they offer, because it gives you ease of access when your on the go. I also like that Paypal has started integrating new partnerships like Venmo. I really like how easy and instantly you're able to transfer paypal funds into your bank account.

Cons

With the new partnership/integrated apps that they have, like Venmo, and Greendot, they aren't a two-way street. For instance, you can't transfer money from Venmo over to paypal, or at least I tried, and it was extremely confusing how they have everything set up.

Reasons for Choosing Paypal

I am very comfortable with how paypals system works, and I've been using it for years. It's been the most consistent of all of the other systems I've used. Also, again, as mentioned, I like the mobile app that they have the best. It keeps me in control in an instant when I need to check my balances, check invoices and track transactions.

Monique from NocturnalDaylight Designs

Industry: Online Media

A great tool for any size business, but also for the average Joe to send money to a friend for tix.

My overall experience with PayPal as a buyer is very positive. I am happy that it is easy to use and I am protected. As a seller/business, my experience is mostly positive. I enjoy the features, the ease, and the trustworthiness as an option to my customers. However, it is difficult (near impossible) to use when you have someone using the PayPal software to get refunds.

Pros

There are so many pros. I use this software as a business, to help set-up other businesses to accept online payments, but I also use it as a person. Let me explain, I use it to send money to friends to pay for my half of our concert tickets. I use it to pay my mom back for the loan she gave me. My mom uses it to send me money if there are emergencies. One of the biggest pros is that it is easy. PayPal is by far the easiest to use, after it is set-up. You can have all your bank accounts, cards, etc. all in one place. I do not have to have my wallet handy. Checkout is a breeze. It is the same experience across any store, and any place that uses PayPal. As a business, it is trusted, and that is a huge plus. They are hugely protective of buyers, which makes you feel safe using it. Continually, there are tools like invoicing, website button codes, abilities to send reminders, or monthly auto-payment requests. The possibilities as a business and a regular 'person' are endless. I use this software daily. I even sometimes use it as a sort of 'bank account' and use the attached debit card.

Cons

The same thing that is a pro, is actually a con, though from the seller's perspective. Frankly, because the buyer protections are so strict, it can mean that money is taken from your account as a seller, without your consent. It is very difficult to regain that money. A seller must take photos, videos, and keep stellar documentation to protect themselves. The actual process itself is a bit cumbersome and not the easiest to find. A second "con" is the fees. Obviously it costs money to process credit cards, but the fees do get to be a bit excessive. However, they are competitive in terms of how much they charge.

Kidhogwa from Buy more Uganda

Paypal can be annoying, tough it's still the best

would still recommend PayPal to everyone because you really dont have any other options out there better than PayPal. I think PayPal knows this and thats why they dont care to make adjustments. I read somewhere that if you plan to travel or are changing the device you usually login with to PayPal, you can write to PayPal and explain this but I'm not sure if this works though. Maybe they could still ask to verify whether its truly you that is making the request.

Pros

PayPal is the biggest online money transfer which makes it my best choice because I work with a number of people from almost every corner of the earth. I love Its invoicing software. It takes away the hassle of creating invoices. The mobile card reader is great too and I use it with my Mpesa to make payments when I'm in Kenya. In this part of the World where other online payment systems are so inefficient, PayPal is such a life saver. The shopping cart, the instant payment, the simple click and send, PayPal is simply awesome. It would take me a whole day to write about the wonderful features of PayPal but it would equally take me the same time to write about cons.

Cons

I think its crazy to have your account limited or locked just because you have changed your IP address or you have changed your location. PayPal annoys me by thinking that people must use the same device to login to PayPal all their life if they are to continue smoothly running their account. If you travel to another country or log into your account with another PC, your account can be limited. I know someone whoose account was locked with $5000 in it. Its been 1years since this happened and PayPal has never resolved the problem. Yes they restore your account after verification but most of the time it takes them long to restore it yet its a hassle that can be avoided. What is worse is that I have seen many people complain about this for some time now and PayPal hasnt done anything about it.

samuel from Self-employed

Industry: Graphic Design

Convenient & Widely Acceptable Online Payments System but...

No doubt, PayPal is a very convenient payments system available on the internet. With easy integration with valid credit card, users can easily make payment for any service that accept PayPal payment, send money to friends and family, and transact with online vendors all over the world. As a user since 2014, i will gladly recommend PayPal for anyone, especially for Freelancers that sell their products and offer services online which will help them receive their payment at ease, but the payment receiving feature needs to be available for their country.

Pros

One of the biggest advantages of PayPal is the easy online payments system which is widely accepted by online vendors, big e-commerce stores and other businesses. PayPal allow users to send out money and also receive payment, which made it easy for two individuals to carry out business transactions or send money as a gift to friends or families. One of the best features of PayPal is the easy integration with users Local Bank Account; users can link their Credit Cards to their PayPal account, make transactions with PayPal and get debited on the Bank Account. Another advantage of PayPal is the security, they takes security tightly, secure logins like 2FA to prevent users from hackers, also each transactions are monitored and any foul suspect will result to cancellation and account will be limited for verification. PayPal has also helped me from scammers and getting out of bad deals, they have a good refund policy that help buyers get their money back easily if the deal goes wrong. Other advantages are keeping of all general transactions histories which can be easily printed and a straightforward user interface which makes it easy to use and understand. PayPal have a mobile app that makes PayPal easier to use, the app is available on both Android phones and iPhones; all online functions are available on-the-go.

Cons

Even with the good reputation online, PayPal can be very frustrating with different disadvantages. A major problem with PayPal is the customer support, contacting those guys can be very frustrating, using the email takes forever before they reply, calling their mobile phone takes time before youre connected to available support which is very expensive since its international call. PayPal really needs to improve their customer support and at least be less aggressive with rules, which is another problem with PayPal; example of the limitation of accounts on slightest things, even though security is important to make users safe on the internet, PayPal however takes security a little too much, a simple change in accounts activities can result to limitation of users account which can only be resolve with ID verification and reviews. Another con to PayPal is the limitation of some countries from having full access to their services, my country in particular can only send out funds and pay for services but we cant receive funds, which arent good for business, I have to find alternative to receive payments online. The last one I can think of is the transactions fees, unlike other competitors; PayPal doesnt have stable fees, sometimes PayPal can charge up to 50% of total transaction amount, which isnt encouraging.

Stephen from ExIm English

Industry: International Trade and Development

Better than my bank!

I use PayPal for not only my eBay purchases, which is where they really started, but for many other online transaction, with both domestic and foreign vendors. In addition, their list of vendor-partners has grown exponentially since the early days. Now, it is possible to use PayPal for transactions with different types of companies in a wide variety of industries that use e-commerce for a significant percentage of their sales transactions. It would be significantly more complicated overall to do business online without PayPal's seamless and reliable money transfer and transactional payment services.

Pros

Paypal can be used from anywhere in the world and is free of tiresome and frustrating commercial bank fraud-detection services that will flag your bank account's debit/credit card while you are overseas for business or as a tourist--EVEN WHEN YOU ALREADY POSTED YOUR SPECIFIC TRAVEL PLANS, including countries and dates. I had two of my accounts with two separate banks flagged while I was overseas (Eastern Europe) from February to April 2019. My accounts were totally blocked and one foreign bank's ATM machine retained and destroyed my Chase VISA debit card. I have a Chase business banking account, and even with a business account, Chase has it set up so that a third-party fraud detection vendor can create a tremendous amount of havoc and collateral costs when I had already told Chase I would be overseas. To make a long story longer, PayPal has never, ever caused me problems while I am traveling. Did I say, "ever"? It's true. I have been a customer of PayPal for 11 years and for all that time, PayPal has served me well, fulfilling my requests for payments to vendors and friends without a hitch. And if there is ever any questions regarding a transaction, their customer service team is easy to access and even easier to deal with. If there is a problem, they can fix it while you're on the phone with them. I wish that all my online financial service providers were as easy and reliable as PayPal. They are certainly more reliable and accessible than my US-based commercial banks are.

Cons

In the early years, customer service was not as good as it is now. For the past 5 or 6 years, PayPal's customer service team has been world-class. On a scale of 1 to 10, they are a clear 10.

Humberto from Freelancer

PayPal Excellent Method to Receive Payments

Since I started my freelancer career 4 years ago I used PayPal to receive payments from my clients. I have never had problems receiving payments and everyone accepts this platform to make them. Currently there are many methods that can be much better, these can be cryptocurrencies or other methods such as Uphoald, Payeer or Skrill. However, if you are starting to receive multiple payments PayPal is the best option, since the registration is free, the verification of your account is quite simple and the limitations are practically nil.

Pros

PayPal is a payment platform that is easy to install and use Your customers are probably already familiar with PayPal You do not need a merchant account You can receive payments from any client. They do not need to have a PayPal account You can create very elegant and personalized payment formats PayPal charges are lower than some merchant accounts You can configure recurring payments (if you need it) PayPal can be easily integrated into any shopping cart system It is a platform that offers secure transactions for both sellers and buyers Payments are fast, safe and convenient You have the possibility to request a refund, after having transferred to another account (2 times I have done it successfully, your response is very fast, timely and efficient)

Cons

Regarding digital products, they are not covered by seller protection policies The rates for Chargebacks can be very high Although it has not happened to me personally, I know cases of users who have had their account suspended. Your funds have been frozen for months Although it is a platform received in many payment systems, there is a large number of people who refuse to use PayPal. This can be limiting when doing business with these clients Personally, I consider it a limitation that you can not transfer money from PayPal to other systems such as Payoneer, Paytm, Payeer, etc.

Cullen from Self-Employed

Industry: Information Services

PayPal Reaches New Heights in Security and Convenience

PayPal has served me well over the past 8 years or so and I will continue doing so. I've always felt a sense of security around my purchases and integrity of confidential information. Its amazing how PayPal has managed to serve such high standard of security related services while continuing to enhance its convenience via new features, fast support, and a ever widening network of user touch-points. PayPal's availability is far beyond what today's local banks offer. Users can find uses in websites/stores that accept PayPal, in-person physical access to your account for withdraw or deposit, and full control anytime, anywhere with the mobile app and superb web interface.

Pros

PayPal has always worked without fail when used as a payment method. In one glance at my PayPal dashboard either on my computer or mobile device, I'm able to check my balance, credit balance, credit payment due date and more. I've even found myself without cash or balance in my local checking when I needed to pay a bill. That's when I tried PayPal cash withdrawal using the app for the first time. Within minutes I had the money I needed! There are so many benefits and tools built around convenience within PayPal that I can't say enough. I'm a fan of investing and when PayPal teamed with Acorns for easy round up investments I was quick to take advantage of it. To be honest, I hardly use my checking compared to how much I use my PayPal account.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about PayPal, however I there were a few times I had sent/received money from family and it was mistakenly handled as a payment. The problem was purely user based. More than likely the manner in which we requested and/or sent the money was different than the "Gift" function. The gift being handled as a payment for services instead lead to a fee of a substantial amount. Perhaps some better explanation on requesting a gift vs. payment and such. I see PayPal has recently introduced an invoicing system which is amazing. I hope they continue to do so as they were lacking free services targeted towards individual entrepreneurs who did business under their own name rather than a business.

The Best and the only Great international Payments Platform

I do freelancing and some other part time works and almost everytime I receive my money from other countries. So, if there was no PayPal or even if it was not available in my country, then receiving PayPal would have become impossible for me. In other words , PayPal is the best and the only best International Payments medium for me and for my friends too. The easy and fully featured interface makes is real easy and fun to use . Sending and receiving funds is as easy as just like sending text messages on PayPal. The automatic transfer of funds is also really useful. PayPal guarantees security and complete encryption of information and transactions so I can use it without any worries. The only problem is the tax/fee while receiving a payment and also the correct conversion fee is a little bad. But overall, my experience with Paypal is really good and I appreciate .

Pros

While receiving International Payments, PayPal is the only lifeline for me. I reside in India and there's no any international Payments Bank which is easy to use as PayPal is. Without PayPal, I would not have received any money from my side works. So basically, PayPal is the best and the only best payments platform which is available Globally and accepted nearly everywhere online and mostly everywhere Offline too. The best part of PayPal is that sending to anyone as well as receiving money is easy as just like sending and receiving text messages. The second best thing about PayPal is its interface which is easy and fully featured. PayPal informs everytime whenever there is an update to their site, privacy policy, terms and conditions, and when we receive or send money. The paypal mobile app is also very easy to use and has a very nice and featured interface. When it comes to security, PayPal stands very greatly... PayPal insures each and every payment is secured and encrypted. Joining PayPal in India is very easy as just like joining a social media site, to receive international Payments, Indians have to link their Pan Card and if they want to use it locally they will have to link Aadhaar Card as well. The verification process is fast as expected. In India, due to RBI regulations PayPal has made Automatic Transfer of funds from PayPal which is really way useful, because of it we don't have to care about withdrawing the funds as they are done automatically.

Cons

The only things I dislike about PayPal are :- 1) when we receive money we have to pay a little fee which is sometimes not so little . So, there's a rule that when a user receives money, he/she will have to pay a fee and in my opinion, the fee is sometimes too much than expected. 2) The PayPal International currency conversion is really not so good. I reside in India so here the currency is INR , and I mostly receive money in other currencies such like USD or GBP , so the problem is that the currency conversion occurs in a very bad way. Example, last time when I received money in USD, 1USD was actually equivalent to 69INR but PayPal did the currency exchange and gave me 67 INR for each USD. So, if we receive a little International payment, then the currency conversion fees will be just a little as negligible bit when we receive a high payment the currency conversion charge will be high too which could be proved less benefited for users.

Dorothy from St. Placid Priory

"You've got cash!"

We have not had any problems so far, and I believe that our income has increased due to allowing people to register and pay online. We haven't made a detailed analysis of that yet, but it seems that way. PayPal is easy for us to use and easy for people who want to pay online to use too. Overall, it gets a high grade from us.

Pros

We chose PayPal because it has a history and a reputation. Although there are plenty of others out there, we felt most secure in a company with its reputation. It was a little tricky to set up because of financial security concerns, but we received the help we needed and it didn't take too long. PayPal has lots of options but we only use some basic ones: we use it on our website to allow people to pay for their retreat and program registrations. It interfaces nicely with Retreat Booking Guru which we began using at the same time. We have a choice between doing a daily "sweep" of our funds into our bank account, or doing it manually ourselves. To date we do it manually. I'm in charge of this, and at the same time I do a money transfer, I print out a PayPal report for our bookkeeper so that she knows what's happening. She of course sees our bank statements, but my reports help her make sense of them. Because we are a nonprofit, we get a lower rate than a commercial enterprise would. The monthly rate we pay in addition is a fair one, we think, and there is no charge for transferring funds to our bank. We like PayPal; it seems to work very well and it is a big help to us.

Cons

I'm not impressed with the reports generated by PayPal. I have a choice of downloading a report they generate, which doesn't have all the information I'd like, or simply printing what shows on the Activity page. When I do that, the column headings are shifted so they aren't over the right columns. But at least I get the info I want and in a font large enough to read. In the overall picture, this is something I can live with.

Carmen from Self Employed

Good for buyers, not much for sellers.

I will always recommend PayPal for online purchases. As an honest customer I like the easiness and security it offers. As a seller? Never.

Pros

Get paid instantly, manage your money, send invoices to your customers and clients, pay using those funds on all the online stores that accept PayPal. With all the different options for sourcing funds, it is easy to jump from your credit card to your checking account if you desire to do so. Their app works fast, it is reliable and allows me opening it anywhere to check my balance and even get alerts when an invoice has been sent or paid. As a buyer, it is probably my first choice whenever I make online purchases, for safety, because I don't really like writing down my credit card details on every single store I shop at, and because it is faster, saves me time from introducing numbers and codes as everything is recorded and verified already.

Cons

As a seller, this can be tricky, specially when selling items on Ebay. In fact, PayPal is what keeps me from selling anything there. If you are unlucky enough to sell your collectibles, antiques or your hard work to a smart guy, they will report the item as "not as pictured", "not as expected" or any other excuses they might find creative and PayPal will ALWAYS be on their side. I have lost a few thousand dollars thanks to PayPal and their policies and these buyers with no morals. They are not forced to return the item, money will be returned no matter what you say, even shipping charges, and you can say whatever you want, PayPal just doesn't care about sellers AT ALL. I can say without hesitation that PayPal has killed the hobby collector, the artisan and those small honest sellers that loved selling their products online, specially Ebay. And this without even mentioning the "fake fakes" hunters. I tried to sell authentic Designer clothing and shoes and my items were literally stolen. Buyer reports your item as a counterfeit and you will lose your money and the item. They are only suggested to destroy it. Yes, right... like that is ever going to happen.

Sbastien from Omnvoro

Paypal Is a Robust Solution to Managing Your Money Online and Almost Everywhere

My current PayPal account is active since 2008 and so I can confidently say that I know I have been able to rely on this service many times over the years. Their customer service kindly helped me once to set back my account to "Personal" after I had been playing with the settings and wanted to know more about their "Business" upgrade. Many times, PayPal has been my best bet in getting paid for remote freelancing gigs, knowing this is a reputable platform and having the ability to confirm the sender's identity. Because one can move money around and connect different accounts to PayPal, this flexibility has been useful a few times when buying online with insufficient funds in the PayPal account. Since it can withdraw automatically from your credit cards if you check that option, this provides a seamless integration with the rest of your digital life that's, again, secure and very useful.

Pros

PayPal opens the doors to securely managing money online quickly and easily. In many ways, this is a solution that's "set it and forget it" and it works great. For instance, adding a bank account or a credit card is a one-time process and once this is done, receiving and sending money is a breeze. One can even receive money without having first created an account. PayPal, being so omnipresent, is a wonderfully secure option to shop online on any well-known website and to receive money from family, friends or employers. Sharing a link to get paid a specific amount in any desired currency is a simple as using PayPal.Me, a nice additional feature available in the dashboard. This is a software that works equally well for personal and business use and one can upgrade their account without trouble. PayPal makes it easy to manage your money on their website by either using your available balance when buying online and also has options to transfer money from or to your bank accounts, which is a perfect bridge to the digital world. There even exists the possibility to fall back to paying with a credit card online when the PayPal balance is too low without needing to reveal the details of the credit card to the merchant.

Cons

I love this service, but I did have problems getting to validate mobile phones in foreign countries by not receiving SMS. For this reason, I had to skip the addition of my mobile phone to the account, meaning I cannot use it to recover access to my account if the need arises. I would also add that this is not an ideal service to be transferring money to your bank account on a regular basis as the fees do add up and for some reasons, this is sometimes flagged as a fraudulent behavior when the money is being transferred from one PayPal account to another before making the deposit to the bank account. In my experience, one gets much more benefits in limiting its use to online transactions.

Crystal from CJB Gifts and Collectibles

Payment Software With A Ton of Features

I use PayPal daily on our company's website, as well as three e-commerce platforms that we use (Bonanza, eBid and eBay). We offer additional payment options on our website and have discovered that PayPal appears to be the most trusted by our customers. PayPal offers a wide range of reports for tracking sales and expenditures. Because of the number of reports, I do not utilize them all. My favorite report is the monthly or quarterly financial summary because I can see what our revenue and expenses were and it is very user friendly. We print all of our shipping labels through PayPal and receive a commercial discount. I have tried other options for shipping but feel that PayPal is the most cost effective and user friendly. I also like the option of paying for my shipping costs out of my PayPal balance because it eliminates the step of transferring money to the bank and having to wait for it to get there. In addition to using PayPal for e-commerce, I do work as an independent contractor. Most of the companies I contract with use PayPal to pay their contractors. The financial summary on PayPal breaks down what money came from sales and what was sent as a distribution from a company I contracted for. PayPal integrates easily with my accounting software so that much of the bookkeeping and accounting work is hands off. I am able to pay vendors and platform fees directly from PayPal. PayPal offers more than one way to get my money. I can transfer it to the bank or a debit card.

Pros

PayPal offers integration so that I can accept payments from customers on my own website as well as on all of the platforms that I sell on. PayPal also offers a wide range of custom reports that helps me track sales and expenditures such as shipping costs and fees.

Cons

Calling PayPal's customer service often results in added frustration and a lack of results. PayPal often sides with buyers that claim there was an issue with their order, even when there is a lack of evidence to support the claim.

It's probably not the best, but we're married at this point.

Overall, I can't give up PayPal because it is so integrated with everything else I do and have - shipping, balance, PayPal Credit, etc... But there are definitely some things that are lacking, especially if my business were bigger. I definitely recommend you consider options before going to PayPal and building a life with them, so to speak, but it is possible that for you, like me, they are the best - however flawed - option that exists.

Pros

I use PayPal invoicing as a freelancer and mostly for one-off or two-part invoices. So, I can't speak to PayPal's recurring invoice feature. Here's what I like: Most importantly, the integration. PayPal feels like a bank, and to be able to make invoices and shipping labels from your "bank" is the most helpful thing. I don't have to transfer funds, I don't have to wait for them to deposit to my bank, it's all there and immediately usable. Also, the invoices are simple and straightforward, clients can pay by any means one would online, and there's a place for terms-conditions etc...I also like that I'm able to share a link or a PDF of the invoice with clients who just want an invoice for their records to then pay me through other means like cash/check/direct deposit.

Cons

First off, PayPal has awful customer service. If I had a higher volume of clients and therefore of issues, I feel like I'd use a different service. I had a client pay once and the money was taken from her bank, but it never got to me. We both tried contacting PayPal and got no response at all. It was even more insulting on my end given that I use PayPal as a business. Second - PayPal's fees when you invoice through them are a bit of a hassle and I know there's invoicing software out there that don't incur charges. This just means I have to take those fees into consideration when quoting clients, which make my prices seem a few dollars steeper than they are. Third gripe: I've been trying to edit a part of my business info on the invoice header for ages and it won't allow me. It asks for me to upload my ID to verify, but then it won't process my ID. And of course, customer service is unresponsive. It's not the end of the world because I just hide that info from the header, but it is a minor frustration and inconvenience.

Danyale from Evoluchun's Miscellanous

Industry: Graphic Design

Best Way To Pay In This Century

I have been using this software, website and app for over 10 years now if not longer. I have never had one issue with them that was not solved. I will never leave them as a valued customer.

Pros

Paypal is such a trusted source from the website to their app. They are easy to setup, anyone with a bank account can do this in 10 minutes maximum. They keep all your information secure and encrypted. They have to be the best way to get paid online as well as send money anywhere in the world. I can send money in seconds to my bank account as well as my fiance when he is overseas. It is good in business format which I have gotten to use as well. I even get a credit card so I can use it like any other debit card out and about. They also have a option for paypal credit for people that have shown loyalty and have descent enough credit not perfect but income to pay back they give you the chance. They are better than any loan company and their interests are much lower as well. You can use paypal to sell things with or just friends and family. You can have anyone anywhere send you money with just a simple link to your account which makes things easier to take donations. They have tools to use like for your websites and such as well. The customer service is amazing. They are spot on and go out of their way to help you with whatever issue you have. They also are fast to fix a fraudulent company taking money from you. Had this happen in the past after I got off the phone with them it was back in my paypal and they took care of the rest. This is a company that has showed me they value their customers. Anyone who wants a company they can trust with their money Paypal is it.

Cons

If you plan to use with any adult nature with this company it is not allowed. If it is any adult themed so if you look for to use for the adult industry jobs then you might have to look elsewhere. This is the only con I have yet to find.

Samridh from TSI Incorporated

My goto place for transactions

Pros

Everyone who has done some sort of online payment and transactions have hear of paypal so it wouldn't be wrong to say it is one of the most used online third party payment source in variety of businesses. I have used paypal for last 10 years and still do for many of my online purchases and even fund raisers. - Easy to create account and use it Paypal account is free to create for normal usage and anyone can have it. It is simple, straightforward, and most importantly no hassles. - Secure and safe At this age where technology is everywhere data security is super important. Paypal takes user information and data very seriously and does encrypt it in the most secure way. - Easy to links accounts You can put money in paypal or link bank accounts and transfer directly. You can even send money to family and friends with a few click of buttons once your accounts is link. How great is that. - Smooth transactions Whether you are selling stuff or buying, everyone trusts paypal so using it for a means of payment is accepted everywhere. Ebay users are one of the biggest user of paypal. - History Your buying, selling, depositing and withdrawing information are locked and loaded on paypal for viewing. When someone like me who continuously buys on ebay and sometimes sells as well, paypal helps me understand how much important it is to have these individual transactions stored and organized.

Cons

Paypal is great except, - Transaction fees for businesses Do you buy and sell on ebay? Then there is some fee one has to pay which is not great for everyone. I hated those fees but a small price to pay for convenience I think - Not good for big businesses Paypal is not for big business for sure due to its lack of proper customer support and backup. Better go elsewhere. I never had to deal with it but I know a few people whose paypal account got frozen or removed for no reason. That could be a disaster for sure and that means you have to go through a lengthy process to get your money back if you lost some.

Paypal makes it easy to receive payments

Overall, PayPal has proven to be a great choice for business needs, as I've been able to carry it over wherever I go, whatever I do, whenever I need it. I use it to collect payment on digital and physical goods across several platforms and marketplaces, as well as to invoice clients, and pay my recurring bills.

Pros

I like that Paypal is widely accepted everywhere, and the service charge rates are competitive with other payment processors. As a small business owner this makes it easy for me to accept and receive payment not just on my own site, but across a variety of marketplaces like eBay and Itchio, but also invoice customers and pay vendors. Also, having Paypal as my payment processor means that I don't have to be personally responsible for storing customer payment information, which could prove a big liability otherwise were my site to be hacked. At checkout, I can simply redirect them to Paypal Checkout, and Paypal will handle the rest. I can then later check my Paypal Dashboard for the customer's information if I need to ship anything or contact them. Additionally, the Paypal Business debit card is nice, because of the 1% cashback program on purchases ran as credit. It may not mean much savings, but every dollar counts and this can add up quick! This combined with the fact that Paypal will automatically email me a receipt whenever I purchase anything has given a lot of incentive to use the card with almost every purchase I make.

Cons

The thing I like least about PayPal is the integrated Sales Tax. If you use PayPal to automatically determine sales tax, as opposed a 3rd party sales tax calculator at checkout, then you will have to manually enter tax jurisdictions in yourself. This can be incredibly time consuming if the area (county or state) you're collecting tax for encompasses a lot of different zipcodes, as there can be dozens for just 1 county alone. I wish PayPal had its own ready-made tax code database to draw from or allowed for a 3rd party tax plugin.

Paypal - Payment Solutions for Business

We use Paypal to process payments from a number of websites and increasingly we use Paypal for client invoicing and payments. This often leads to faster payments than traditional invoicing and BACS processing. If you take occasional credit card payments over the phone, a Paypal business account can be a better option than a typical merchant account from one of the mainstream banks. Paypal has proved very reliable over the years and on the odd occasion when we have had to use customer services the response has been timely and satisfactory.

Pros

Paypal is now widely recognised as a payment solution - reputation and trust are important when asking customers for payment - especially online. Paypal's key selling point is that users with a Paypal account do not have to enter card details on a website which makes the payment process safer for all concerned. Paypal has a global presence and can accept payments in most countries that you are likely to be dealing with. As a market leader, Paypal has good integrations with 3rd party tools like shopping carts. If a payment processor is going to be supported by a third party, Paypal is likely near the top of the list. Customers can make online payments without having a Paypal account. The virtual terminal feature is also useful for processing payments over the phone or setting up a web page for ad hoc payments. The invoicing feature does a good job of tracking payments and reminders.

Cons

There can be occasional issues with late chargebacks and the resolution process is very much weighted against the merchant. A Paypal business account works well for online sellers with a certain volume/value of transactions; if you have larger volumes/values, there are other payment processing solutions that may be more cost effective.

Paypal has Helped my Online Shopping be Secure and a Piece of Cake!

Overall, I think Paypal is a livesaver for anyone who is dealing with transactions online. In this day in age, security is a huge issue, and scammers are on the rise, and you dont want that to hinder you from making purchases online, so paypal gives me the sense of security when shopping.

Pros

I've been using Paypal for several years now ever since I started my online shopping adventures. Paypal offers many pros of using their service. One of my favorites, and the ease of being able to have my money in my paypal balance and be able to shop literally on several sites which allows me to choose paypal as my payment method with ease. Also, paypal offers secure transactions that are made quick, and not to mention buyer protection on all of your orders, no matter what site you are using, you will be protected. I'm a heavy user of ebay, and Paypal has protected me many of times when I came upon scam sellers on ebay who took off with my money, but since I used paypal as my preferred method , I was able to dispute it with them and they helped get my money back. Another awesome pro about Paypal is that they offer their Papyal Mastercard which you can receive % cashback whenever you use your card. This has earned me soooo much cashback over the years, it accumulates over a month, each month you get a nice chunk of change back. Paypal also offers features for business owners, and invoicing features to help move your online business and transactions along easily. In my previous jobs, I've utilized Paypal in creating invoices for my customers, and managing all kinds of transactions. If you plan to start doing online shopping , I highly suggest signing up with Paypal, they are trustworthy and will have your back if you run into trouble.

Cons

The cons for Paypal are little to none to be honest. Only thing I would say would be their customer service. It isnt the fastest to get ahold of someone, but when you do they do indeed help you out.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 11,486 reviews