All PayPal Reviews

PayPal Review

AUBREY L D

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

International payment system that stands as a gold standard

We now have a PayPal button on our website that indicates to clients that we accept PayPal payments and we now receive funds from everywhere. It is an easy to use wallet and you can make withdraws easily to your bank account or credit card.

PROS

It has provided us with the opportunity to receive funds instantly from our clients from all over the world. All this happens at the best lowest expense possible. The most important thing you can create and send invoices very easily to clients. We are also able to request payments from clients. The choice to differentiate between personal and business accounts, of which they are all free to open, makes it more client focused. PayPal exchange rates to other currencies are also good than other companies that rob from clients by manipulating currency exchange rates. Buyer protection is another best feature to prevent fraudulent sellers from scamming clients.

CONS

As much as paypal is making life simple and is helping building a global community, their introduction of fees when you are sending money to a friend across borders makes it unfair.

Reason for choosing PayPal

Paypal is global, works with many merchandisers, has good support team, they have good fees although they still need to reduce the fees, and it is simple to use.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

The skrill guys are fraudsters, they make fake promises and what they focus on is taking all your money out.

Destiny

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

A decent payment processing solution with some drawbacks

I think overall PayPal is okay, but many of the issues I've had, had the potential to turn into a lot bigger issues. I would say it's probably no longer the best option for payment processing.

PROS

They have one of the shorter wait times for payouts/balance transfers compared to other platforms I've used. Many people are familiar with them and many companies/organizations still use them which often lends itself to an easier check out process. I like that it has pay later options for my clients.

CONS

Paypal was once one of the most trusted and secure payment processors, but there have been many points of failure over the years and I am not as confident about it as I once was. I have previously had some issues with fraudulent purchases made using my account. In my experience their customer service has not been the best often because of language barriers leading to my concerns not being understood/addressed. I don't like how difficult it is to change the settings so that non-PayPal users can make payments using PayPal. The buyer-protection is not great either, I purchased a product that was misrepresented in the photos and description and even when I couldn't get a hold of the company to go through with returning it, PayPal would not grant me a refund. The same thing happened when a company that was going out of business kept recurring charges going even though they were no longer providing me the service and hadn't for months, I sent PayPal all requested documentation and they didn't refund me or remedy the issue at all.

Suzan

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Paypal Business Review

Overall, I've been a customer of paypal for over 10 years. I like their invoicing system, and how it tracks everything for you. It gives ease of access when you go into Paypal and you need to search for and track payment or invoice records. That's awesome. I am not a fan of the customer service that paypal has. Each time I call for help to try to fix an issue I'm having, I end up getting off the call more confused. They need to train their rep's better. I've had instances where I've had to call about the same issue multiple times, and each time I called about the exact same issue, I have been given different explanations, and also been told to do different things to 'correct' the issues, and 9 times out of 10, the issue isn't resolved. If you call with a simple issue, the rep's seem to be able to help ok though.

PROS

I like a couple things about Paypal. I mostly like the mobile app that they offer, because it gives you ease of access when your on the go. I also like that Paypal has started integrating new partnerships like Venmo. I really like how easy and instantly you're able to transfer paypal funds into your bank account.

CONS

With the new partnership/integrated apps that they have, like Venmo, and Greendot, they aren't a two-way street. For instance, you can't transfer money from Venmo over to paypal, or at least I tried, and it was extremely confusing how they have everything set up.

Reason for choosing PayPal

I am very comfortable with how paypals system works, and I've been using it for years. It's been the most consistent of all of the other systems I've used. Also, again, as mentioned, I like the mobile app that they have the best. It keeps me in control in an instant when I need to check my balances, check invoices and track transactions.

Petros

Performing Arts, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Consumers are not getting good service

Your customers will have an ok experience until thy have a problem...

PROS

nothing I can think of here with this company

CONS

Your customers will have an ok experience until thy have a problem...

Reasons for switching to PayPal

Pay Pal is an awful company when it comes to resolving errors that paypal has made

Tye

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Tye's PayPal review

Easy to use, great for collecting or distributing payments.

PROS

I like the nice looking UI I like that it's very user-friendly I like that it processes transactions instantly I like that it's easy to find people you frequently do business with and send or request money quickly

CONS

I don't like the high transactions fees on small transactions, trying to send your friend a dollar can cost upwards of $5 sometimes its ridiculous I don't like how sometimes it can take a week for debit/credit purchases to process

Carly

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2023

Worst customer service and support ever experienced.

Absolutely the worst.

PROS

I have not had any benefits. The policies are vague, the support is misleading and dishonest, the customer service is amateur.

CONS

They closed my account after having received my first payment through my website.I called to find out why and they said someone would get back to be within 5 business days. Two weeks went by and they did not contact me. I called again and I was told they will not tell me why they closed my account and they will hold my money for a minimum of three months, which only then can I call to dispute access to my funds. I have no idea what went wrong and I'm extremely frustrated. I can't believe they run a business this way. They are not worth the risk... I have heard nightmare stories from other business owners who have used Paypal and have recently discovered many similar reviews on other sites. Use another company!

Reason for choosing PayPal

My website provider offered them. Seemed easy and simple at the time.

Liam

Automotive, 51-200 employees

PayPal is everywhere

PROS

Paypal is a very popular payment method used by people everywhere. It is very easy to use with tourists who want a faster payment method with a good conversion rate rather than banks. For me recurring payments is the best feature, my clients can always use this method when hiring cars and vans for a long period.

CONS

Fees can be lowered, they are adding up. Is not a deal breaker as is fast and easy to use.

Corey

Design, 1 employee

A friend with finances

I like PayPal, I like integrating it in web designs and other applications. I have used PayPal for many years and will continue to trust them.

PROS

I like PayPal for the ease and convenience of use in many applications.

CONS

While PayPal is good for making payments, I had had issues multiple times with getting a refund for a purchase.

Amanda

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

I love PayPal!

Super fantastic! Great for traveling, home needs, and business!

PROS

I'm about to use it internationally! That's very important as an artist!

CONS

For a while, I couldn't get a PayPal. But that changed as the card is now offered in the country I'm expating in!

Chermaine

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great company for small businesses

PROS

The different features that are available to me to use for my business.

CONS

They changed how you can used your paypal mastercard debit card to where money has to be in your paypal account.

PayPal is Easy to Use

PROS

It is very easy and convenient to use. Just click a couple of buttons and we're done. It also takes the fear of an online store stealing your credit card number.

CONS

There's really not a con at this point. It does what I need.

Reviewed April 2024

My score about paypal

PROS

Ur platform informative and ur ordena web

CONS

Expensive fees when i am paying some product or service

Irshad

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

I am using PayPal past 2 years and it's perfect

PROS

Easy to use, all currency accept, fast payment processing app

CONS

Payment accepted very fast and transferred amount to bank in very low charges

Reviewed July 2020

I've Been Using Them For Years!

I've Been Using Them For Years! Their service has been consistent and reliable. PayPal is a well known and recognized payment processor with my US buyers and I think that familiarity helps when they buy from me online. There's a professionalism to using PayPal and I think online freelancers should use it more in business instead of going with something like Cash App.

PROS

PayPal is easy to setup and easy to use for both personal use and for business (I started with a personal account and then switched over to business). I've never had a problem connecting and using PayPal with any of my WordPress websites and I've been using them as my website payment processor for years. The best part is you only pay to use PayPal if you make a sale. I feel like the percentage they take from the sale is fair (all businesses need to make money to stay in business -mine included). After sales are made, transferring money into my bank account is always quick and easy.

CONS

I haven't had any problems with PayPal at all over the years. Yes, they will charge a fee if you want money transferred over quicker than the average transfer time, but I haven't needed to do that.

Reason for choosing PayPal

I chose PayPal over Stripe for my online business transactions because the PayPal setup was so much easier. Cash App seems more like a personal use app than a business payment processor.

Lisa

Civic & Social Organization, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2019

A well known site got even more user friendly!

I used to use PayPal when selling or buying items in eBay only. Now I use it for my freelance business to send invoices, receive money from clients immediately, and either hold it there in PayPal or move it to my bank account. With a PayPal ATM Card, PayPal is like having a separate savings account without the hassles if having to go to a bank to apply for an account. The privacy and safety measures in place are top notch, and the added features make this a perfect way to send and request money whether for business or personal reasons.

PROS

PayPal has come a long way. It’s always been the go to when selling online, but now it can be used to send and receive payments for anything! Linking directly to your bank account or holding the money for you with the add on of a PayPal ATM Card, it’s now made itself available at various retailers where you can pick up money anytime. Send a request for business services rendered or simply for a friend to pay half for dinner. Send money to purchase items or simply as a gift to someone. PayPal’s charges very reasonable amounts for immediate transactions or you can go the free way and wait a day for your money to be moved. With so many new features, PayPal is the new way to send and receive money immediately.

CONS

I can honestly say there isn’t much I don’t like about PayPal. As someone who does Freelance work for a living, I have yet to find a con with its services.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

PayPal has many more features than Venmo, is easier to use, and has built in safety and privacy services that Venmo can’t match.

Reviewed June 2022

Best way get payments

Trust is the best feature PayPal offers to my customers. because they don't have to send their credit cards to my client's website so it's way easier for me to collect payments. I think we needed that on ecommerce websites.

PROS

What I like about PayPal the most is the fact that people don't have to put their credit cards in my client's website like Stripe. Customers are more comfortable to login to their PayPal account and pay by credit card through PayPal. I think this is the most important benefit of PayPal. It's user friendly and very easy to understand the platform. Some customers email my clients and ask their PayPal email to send payment manually, which is also a great option. By the way, refunds through PayPal are instant so you don't have to wait days to get your money back to your credit card. That's why I love PayPal a lot.

CONS

The pre-authorized or autopayment is the worst! every time I buy things by PayPal, I'm afraid an automatic charge for the next month. I have google to find out how to disable that automatic charge. I believe the Canada app is different than US app because, again, my friend always call me to ask how to disable some auto charges from his PayPal app and it's different than mine.

Reasons for switching to PayPal

People don't have intention to put their credit card info to my client's websites as their first purchase

Reviewed December 2018

Paypal has Helped my Online Shopping be Secure and a Piece of Cake!

Overall, I think Paypal is a livesaver for anyone who is dealing with transactions online. In this day in age, security is a huge issue, and scammers are on the rise, and you dont want that to hinder you from making purchases online, so paypal gives me the sense of security when shopping.

PROS

I've been using Paypal for several years now ever since I started my online shopping adventures. Paypal offers many pros of using their service. One of my favorites, and the ease of being able to have my money in my paypal balance and be able to shop literally on several sites which allows me to choose paypal as my payment method with ease. Also, paypal offers secure transactions that are made quick, and not to mention buyer protection on all of your orders, no matter what site you are using, you will be protected. I'm a heavy user of ebay, and Paypal has protected me many of times when I came upon scam sellers on ebay who took off with my money, but since I used paypal as my preferred method , I was able to dispute it with them and they helped get my money back. Another awesome pro about Paypal is that they offer their Papyal Mastercard which you can receive % cashback whenever you use your card. This has earned me soooo much cashback over the years, it accumulates over a month, each month you get a nice chunk of change back. Paypal also offers features for business owners, and invoicing features to help move your online business and transactions along easily. In my previous jobs, I've utilized Paypal in creating invoices for my customers, and managing all kinds of transactions. If you plan to start doing online shopping , I highly suggest signing up with Paypal, they are trustworthy and will have your back if you run into trouble.

CONS

The cons for Paypal are little to none to be honest. Only thing I would say would be their customer service. It isnt the fastest to get ahold of someone, but when you do they do indeed help you out.

Reviewed April 2019

The Best and the only Great international Payments Platform

I do freelancing and some other part time works and almost everytime I receive my money from other countries. So, if there was no PayPal or even if it was not available in my country, then receiving PayPal would have become impossible for me. In other words , PayPal is the best and the only best International Payments medium for me and for my friends too. The easy and fully featured interface makes is real easy and fun to use . Sending and receiving funds is as easy as just like sending text messages on PayPal. The automatic transfer of funds is also really useful. PayPal guarantees security and complete encryption of information and transactions so I can use it without any worries. The only problem is the tax/fee while receiving a payment and also the correct conversion fee is a little bad. But overall, my experience with Paypal is really good and I appreciate .

PROS

While receiving International Payments, PayPal is the only lifeline for me. I reside in India and there's no any international Payments Bank which is easy to use as PayPal is. Without PayPal, I would not have received any money from my side works. So basically, PayPal is the best and the only best payments platform which is available Globally and accepted nearly everywhere online and mostly everywhere Offline too. The best part of PayPal is that sending to anyone as well as receiving money is easy as just like sending and receiving text messages. The second best thing about PayPal is its interface which is easy and fully featured. PayPal informs everytime whenever there is an update to their site, privacy policy, terms and conditions, and when we receive or send money. The paypal mobile app is also very easy to use and has a very nice and featured interface. When it comes to security, PayPal stands very greatly... PayPal insures each and every payment is secured and encrypted. Joining PayPal in India is very easy as just like joining a social media site, to receive international Payments, Indians have to link their Pan Card and if they want to use it locally they will have to link Aadhaar Card as well. The verification process is fast as expected. In India, due to RBI regulations PayPal has made Automatic Transfer of funds from PayPal which is really way useful, because of it we don't have to care about withdrawing the funds as they are done automatically.

CONS

The only things I dislike about PayPal are :- 1) when we receive money we have to pay a little fee which is sometimes not so little . So, there's a rule that when a user receives money, he/she will have to pay a fee and in my opinion, the fee is sometimes too much than expected. 2) The PayPal International currency conversion is really not so good. I reside in India so here the currency is INR , and I mostly receive money in other currencies such like USD or GBP , so the problem is that the currency conversion occurs in a very bad way. Example, last time when I received money in USD, 1USD was actually equivalent to 69INR but PayPal did the currency exchange and gave me 67 INR for each USD. So, if we receive a little International payment, then the currency conversion fees will be just a little as negligible bit when we receive a high payment the currency conversion charge will be high too which could be proved less benefited for users.

10,000+ employees