All Podium Reviews

Jeffrey

Automotive, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Podium Review: Very effective for reputation management.

Jordan

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Very expensive but worth it depending on your model

Fantastic, We collect customer payments via the text payment feature. It is expensive but allows us to reach our clients and accept payments the way that they want to and in a secure way.

PROS

It is always on the forefront of new technology and they will keep you up to date on when new features come out as well as sometimes let you beta test.

CONS

It is extremely expensive for what it is. The personnel also don't coordinate very well so often you will get a marketing solicitation call and email even though you already use the product.

Audra

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2023

More interested in getting paid

Not great. I’m sure it’s the right fit for a large company with deep pockets and the need for a bunch of bells and whistles, but we are not that.

PROS

I chose the platform because I thought it was the only real option to replace ZipWhip which ends service in December. They were listed as a recommended vendor.

CONS

The people. They started out great, but at the onset I told them that most of the features they offered we wouldn’t use. And they didn’t have a Chrome extension, which we used a lot. But we needed a new text service as ours was going away. The cost was about 3x what I was paying and that was for the lowest level of service and they lock you in to a contract for a year. But I didn’t know of another option.I found Text Request, which is almost ZipWhip exactly, less than 48 hours after I signed their contract. I was transparent with them about Text Request really meeting our needs and price point perfectly and we weren’t paying for a bunch of features we wouldn’t use just to get texting. I asked to cancel before we even onboarded. They declined and said someone from legal would reach out. No one from legal reached out. They offered to move me to a more basic plan with a lower price point which, as I felt locked in, was willing to look at after I got back from vacation. Upon my return from vacation I reached out twice but that was the last I heard from [sensitive content hidden]. Out of the blue I got an email from another person at Podium cancelling my account. It just felt like a yucky experience overall. It felt like they are more interested in getting paid than making sure the platform is the right fit for their customers.

Reason for choosing Podium

Voxie didn’t have some of the features we loved.

Reasons for switching to Podium

Because ZipWhip is ending service in December and Podium appeared to be the only option.

Kate

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Podium SMS Manager

PROS

Easy to use, easy to set up. Integrates with my POS System, lacks design options and customization.

CONS

Customer service took a while to fix issues, and most of the time by the time they reached out, I had fixed it.

Devon

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Podium Review

PROS

Easy to use and was very useful to determine which rep was dealing with who.

CONS

Price was definetely not a good aspect of this product

Shannon

Reviewed November 2022

Great product but expensive

We used Podium for two years but found a less expensive alternative.

PROS

Customers were able to leave a detailed review. Potential customers always do their research so real people's opinions matter.

CONS

Very expensive. We loved the product but not the price.

Reason for choosing Podium

We cancelled to additional fees and rising prices.

Podium was very expensive

Troy

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Very good at what it does

Overall I'm very pleased with Podium. Despite the few shortcomings it alowed us to acheive our goals in a relatively short time frame and within budget.

PROS

The ability to send Google review requests directly to customers via SMS was amazing. It was exactly what we needed to get our review score up to, and past, our target score within the space of only a few months. The interface is incredibly user friendly and managing teams is about as simple as it gets.

CONS

I found that a lot of the time it wouldn't correctly tag who within our team was resposible for receiving reviews. There's also no ability to customise reports. It owuld be great if there could also be more integrations with additional review platforms, as we were stuck with only being able to provide the option for Google reviews as we don't accept Facebook Reviews. This caused us to miss a few reviews as customers didn't have Google accounts.

Reason for choosing Podium

Price and features best matched our needs and staff were incredibly helpful.

Julie Anna

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Very Difficult to Get Any Support or Help

If you like help, talking to a real human, and to get what you actually pay for- I would avoid. I personally don't like this platform and would like to switch to Birdeye or something else.

PROS

It's good for getting customer reviews (sometimes) and has lots of features

CONS

They throw you to the wolves. You have to get everything figured out yourself. Communication is a huge issue. We had a manager leave at our company and they continued sending emails to her email address for a year and a half! Despite me contacting support and calling in, saying I am the main point of contact. They were sending emails to a non existent inbox. Half of the things we were paying for did not work. Things weren't set up, and nobody told us, or how to do it. Today I got a 16 step instructions document from a rep, with no help. Sometimes it takes a week to hear back from anyone.

Reason for choosing Podium

It was already set up when I started this position and job

Callie

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Essential to business amid COVID-19

We were looking at switching to another product simply due to the expense of Podium. After reaching out Podium had no trouble dropping our price about 33%- why not just give us a more competitive price from the get go?

PROS

I love how easy it is to answer quick questions that cut down on phone calls to the office. I also can't overstate how helpful the review request templates are for quick texting!

CONS

The mobile app is very flawed. Messages are missed or just not seen, even when I know what I'm looking for. Podium is absolutely a desktop experience from the management side.

Reason for choosing Podium

Swell was cheaper and had some very attractive options. Honestly, the only reson we didn't switch is because changing products amid a pandemic was something we didn't think would be wise to inflict on our team.

JOSH

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Great Program!

PROS

I appreciate how easy it is to navigate through the different pages and separate my message boards from my coworkers. The program is fast and efficient and I have not experienced any issues.

CONS

On a rare occasion, customers have reported that they were unable to open links sent through podium. It is my belief that this was likely user error on their end as I have not experienced this issue.

Reasons for switching to Podium

It's nicer and more efficient when communicating with customers. And using their phone number rather than their email is far superior.

Van

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Podium has been a game changer

Podium has been great both for communicating with customers and for generating more reviews. I would highly recommend!

PROS

I love the texting capabilities with podium. When a customer signs up for an appointment with my booking software (Acuity) they get a text from a real phone number that they can respond to. Other services send a text from a number that does not accept responses. This has by far been the best feature with podium for my business.

CONS

Getting the initial integration setup was a bit more complicated than I would expect, but once the integration was setup it has been smooth sailing.

Reason for choosing Podium

Podium seemed to have a lot stronger CSM team to help me get things rolling.

Building Materials, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Poor Service, Under-Developed software. Below average Support. Steer clear

If I could give a negative star I would, I have had some help here and there and a few months credit given to me to help ease the pain. In all honesty I Dont see it being good or useful for any companies with less than 10 employees.

PROS

The SMS service, But hey we all have phone anyhow.!

CONS

Everything, The after sales service and support is shocking, The app doesn't always work, leads dont always come through costing me $ and hurting my reputation. I find it faster and easier to just use social media.

Reasons for switching to Podium

I wish I didn't, Zoho is a 100 times more powerful and the support team is amazing, along with better contract terms and a much more integrated platform. I am using Zoho again now!

Amy

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

review

PROS

The review invite and it's simplicity have helped increase patient reviews. The inbox is easy to manage

CONS

If we enter a contacts phone number incorrectly, it can't be edited...only the name. That is annoying. The biggest issue and disappointment is we feel mislead as we were told when sold the software that it would integrate with our CMS system only to find out it doesn't and there has been no attempt to rectify this. In fact I was told to contact Symplast myself. I don't understand why I as the customer should be doing the leg work on this.

Reason for choosing Podium

It was a close competition, but ultimately chose podium because it looked a tad more user friendly then birdeye. I will be finding out if birdeye integrates with our CMS and if it does we will switch when our contract is up.

Amanda

Reviewed January 2022

Podium is an absolute small business must have!!

Our company's customer service has far exceeded expectations since implementing Podium. It has helped give our customers a way to reach us literally 24/7. It has helped get our company reviews up 1000%. It has also helped communications between our employees.

PROS

Podium is AWESOME!! We use it daily to text with our customers who love to communicate via text messages. With every employee having it up throughout the day any one of us can quickly respond to our customers texts and if it's after hours you can set an automatic reply text message that says we are not open at this time so they know someone will get back with them ASAP. It makes it so much easier texting on the PC than on your phone and it uses your company's phone number so you can just tell your customers to call OR text our number. For those who do prefer using their phone to text, Podium has an app that is absolutely awesome too! You will get push notifications on your phone whenever a customer texts or notifications for anything else in the app. You can send customer links and photos easily with Podium. Another great tool is you can direct message or have group chats with your coworkers in Podium. Podium has helped us tremendously with our company reviews too!! Allowing us to set up templates that text our customers once their project is completed asking them to rate us on a scale of 1-10 and texting them links to where they can leave a review online if they wish too. I know Podium also has a function where you can send an invoice amount text to your customers and have them pay via that link but we have not used this feature yet. Podium is awesome and has definitely made operations A LOT easier for our company.

CONS

There isn't really anything we don't like about Podium!

jerry

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Great until you want to cancel it!

The experience was good but so far overshadowed by their lack of letting us cancel with proper notice that the entire experience is lost. Like an amazing meal with a crap server. All you remember was the final service and it is horrible.

PROS

Mostly worked well and had pretty good interface with website for chat as well

CONS

Tried to cancel this and was not allowed. Went through all kinds of hoops including a mandatory "screen share" by our account rep trying to keep us which made it worse. You CANNOT call or write in and cancel ever! They have their methods and basically won't let you out of a contract. We canceled ours finally after the screen share, the hard close from two different people to keep paying and then still got billed since they had our credit card. I would never recommend such a company. I have NEVER heard of someone NOT taking written notice well in advance to close a monthly contract. We did finally get it resolved to only pay an additional 9 days past when we asked for it to be closed, but its 9 days of our money. One of the poorest experiences i have had in 32 years of the retail business trying to cancel something. Mandatory screen share and hard sell to stay - Simply unbelievable

Robert

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Anti Gun Business

Never gives you the same rep, they constantly change people you talk to, customer service never follows up on anything, and they change their policies even though you have been paying for their services.

PROS

The program worked great and did it's job as advertised

CONS

This company is anti-gun. They suddenly changed this policy after 2 years of use and now we have to find another company to offer these service. They gave us 1 week to get off their platform with no notice of the change in their policy, or retro active support since we have been using their product for years.Would not recommend a company that will just kick you off with the level of integration this company has with your systems.

Reason for choosing Podium

Big mistake will only user OtterText now

Isabella

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2020

A more complete view of your customers' opinions about your services.

We use this software to manage all the interactions that we carry out with each of the clients that we have at our disposal, both the powerful ones, with more daily purchases of the products we make, and the most loyal ones that in the same way carry out and request operations , of the services we offer, mentioning that this system allows us to track the comments that are made, on multiple different platforms, giving immediate notifications, to respond to the reviews directly, in a very fast way, and to offer a warm and surprising service.

PROS

What I like the most about this software is that it allows to carry out all its functionalities from a single panel, which is one of the qualities that I like the most because we can carry out the work within this platform in an extremely easy, without adverse or disastrous complications, mentioning that it allows you to automatically track the reviews of the products you make, or the services offered by an organization, in order to respond very quickly, on the comments made by each of the registered users to the business platforms maintained by each of these establishments.

CONS

One of the most notable difficulties about this software is its price, mentioning that it is very broad and expensive when we address economic issues, this can be a significant problem, because most organizations, called small , they can't afford to pay these high monetary costs, not to mention that they should integrate better combined reports for the multiple customer locations they interact with frequently.

Kate

Reviewed August 2020

Great platform for easing customer communications

Great experience with the set up, customer service, and the results we have seen from acquiring more customer reviews.

PROS

This program allows our customers to contact us via text and vice versa, which is increasing the preferred method of communication for our clientele. It allows us to store communications, assign conversations to