All SumUp Reviews

Fivestars works sometimes

Maor

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Awesome program, insanely loyal.

- Actually helped me so much and it's really easy to use and setup.- Helped me manage the insane amount of logins and passwords.

PROS

This is a fantastic way to accumulate and keep points at nearby stores. Nowadays, having to register for everything and remember 100 different logins and passwords is extremely frustrating. Additionally, carrying around punchcards for loyalty schemes is very inconvenient. All of that is contained in this simple small software. I appreciate how it also brings back memories of places I had forgotten. I deem it to be great!

CONS

Literally nothing to say, everything was great so far.

Enrique

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

Easy start for freelancers

PROS

Very easy to use Good documentation Efficient Autocomplete when creating business expenses. No credentials needed to report tax summaries to Elster (Germany)

CONS

Maybe some customer agents were a bit lazy when i asked for some very specific information about business expenses.

Reason for choosing SumUp

Debitoor is more internationalised by supporting different currencies and languages.

Paolo

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2024

No English? Are you crazy?

Bad, bad, bad. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

PROS

Nothing so far. Especially not their customer care.

CONS

That you can't change the language on the website so that one can send a payment request in the customer's language. Their customer care is non existent.

Reason for choosing SumUp

Not your business. None of your business.

Reasons for switching to SumUp

Not your business. None of your business.

Kendrick

Food & Beverages, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Love SumUp

2+ years and still going, I plan on using SumUp for a long time.

PROS

I am able to take payments cash or card.

CONS

Nothing to dislike at all. This service is great.

karter

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

amazing

PROS

I love Fivestars because it's SO easy to use! All of my favorite places have fivestars at checkout and it's so easy to enter your phone number linked to your account. Sometimes you don't even need your phone number as long as you pay with a card that's linked! I love earning loyalty points!

CONS

Nothing! I love this software and I love earning loyalty points to my favorite places

Peter

Sports, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

A very good payment processing system

It has made processing payments very easy

PROS

The QR codes are very easy to use and my customers are very pleased thgat they can pay by scanning the qr code

CONS

I have not found anything i dont like about this app

Edmond

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Theft, Sumup are holding back £20,000 + of our funds for no reason without giving any reason

Reason for choosing SumUp

QR code, fast payments and daily statements To start with they were great now Sumup are holding back £20,000 + of our funds for no reason without giving any reason

Reasons for switching to SumUp

QR code and fast payments Then To start with they were great now Sumup are holding back £20,000 + of our funds for no reason without giving any reason

Stefania

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2020

Not Suitable for My Yoga Business

Customer support gave me a very difficult time

PROS

I did not like anything most—the only appeal that drew me in was the text message feature

CONS

Cumbersome — I have MINDBODY online software and it does not integrate with it directly

Reason for choosing SumUp

SMS feature—I canceled my Fivestars contract

SMS feature

Ahmad Farhad

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Great Auto Marketing Partner!

This product is a great useful partner for my business, we deliver some of our marketing materials to our loyal customers with this. It's easy, quick, and professional. Thank you FiveStars.

PROS

I use FiveStars for our business weekly and monthly newsletters, reward programs, referral programs, and survey forms to find new customers and keep our current loyal customers happy. It's so easy to do automation marketing with this product.

CONS

The product is amazing, but I still would love to see new tools in it.

Jessica

Construction, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

SumUp

PROS

It is easy to use SumUp as we can use a barcode to pay for our sweets for charity at work

CONS

Nothing to dislike at the moment as easy to use and self explanatory

Tara

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Lies and then more lies

Horrible Their rep made promises and now that he is gone they will not honor anything or even acknowledge my issues

PROS

It is super easy to use, anyone can figure out how to use it from the front or back end

CONS

The representative who signed us up told us it was a year contract. At the end of that year we could cancel, he promised there would be no new charges after the prepaid year. He no longer works for them. Shortly before payroll was due Fivestars pulled $2400 from our account. We had no warning. I called them, they set up a phone appointment. They never showed for two of those phone appointments. I finally spoke with Silvana who told me they would refund the $2400 if and only if I signed a new contract promising to pay them monthly for the next year We did not want to continue the service, but if i didn't sign that, they would not give me the $2400 back. Even after I signed it, it took them over a week to give the money back. It has been 10 months and we received an email stating that we needed to let the know if we don't want to renew next year. We never received that email the first year, but all the same I clicked on the link to let them know there was no way we were renewing. Guess what? They set up a phone interview, you can't cancel on their website. I got the call from them today and I was able to terminate the contract for two months from now, when the 12 month contract i signed under duress expires. But then, she told me we have to mail back the two tablets. I was quite sure we paid for those becuase that's what their rep who signed us up told me. So now we were told we paid for those up front, but we have to send them back, we even have to pay for t

Landon

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2016

Software - lacking

I want to be able to link to my POS system to automatically redeem points. I am not a fan of entering the rewards into two systems or having to manually enter it into the POS I would prefer it do it automatically or be able to click to redeem them and it syncs to the POS and eliminates the human error of entering the discount wrong. I also would like more options for sending out notifications to people. There are 6-8 template options but I would like a variety of more or the ability to create my own. I wish I could post more often as well; once a week sometimes isn't enough for our store. I don't like being restricted at being locked out so I can't push a promo for X days till it opens up again. It forces me to be more strategic hold all my cards for the big event/promo and if it flops than I can't do another push till it clears out... All in all helps to maintain loyal customers - it doesn't do much to bring in more people and extend your reach but does well and keeping our base.

PROS

its ability to program and push promos to a wide base of people. I like using phone numbers to keep track of points cause then people don't loose them but it also makes you give away more discounts cause no points are lost. Its easy to sign up and people are more willing to participate in the rewards because it is so simple to do

CONS

I don't like that it doesn't sync with my POS and all the rewards have to be entered manually.

Randell

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Fivestars Review

Fivestars have really given me no issues that have needed any customer service to resolve. Therefore I can’t give any useful info to anyone who possibly had issues with this app over all. All I can say is that if all apps worked this well I would have apps loaded in my phone like I have rounds loaded in my shotgun. May not ever need them but they aren’t hurting anyone by being there, but when u need it, you know it’s going to do what it’s supposed too. Overall best app on my phone yet. In fact just got my first $5.00 savings this Saturday. Let’s keep up the great work guys. Enter your number earn points and get free discounts, no reason for any negativity. Love you guys..

PROS

I like being able to just type in my number and be able to see what my balance is and what promotions are available immediately for use. I also like being texted with all specials and deals that are available at the store with the dates and times that these deals are available. And as long as u click to agree to use those points once texted they are automatically applied to your account at checkout time with no additional info required. It’s like it’s all been saved in there for you, and ready to be used immediately.

CONS

Really there isn’t much I don’t like about the app other than that cloudscape is a ways away from my house. So sometimes these sales are a little far from my home especially during the weekdays when I’m at work. Like they are Monday through Wednesday sales and I’m a plumber and very tired when I get home so to drive all the way there is really quit a drive. Especially the 405 freeway between 3 and 8 pm. So I have no choice but to stay home. I wake up at 3:00 am everyday and I’m bed by 6:30 pm everyday. So I can only go on weekends. Sometimes it sucks that I have to go somewhere else that this cost more to buy, but I’m so tired when I get home, that I have no choice but to go spend my money somewhere closer. I love this cloudscape shop and they have always been very honest, helpful and kind to both my wife and I. Especially since we r new to this whole vaping thing. So that’s all I have negative to say

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2016

Good but not great

Been with Five Stars for a few years now. Just recently found out that if the customers don't "reply with Y,' they are not even getting our texts or emails. This was not always the case. I realize there is a law on the books now that requires this, but someone at Fivestars, should have reached out to us to alert us. I feel like the last year of sign ups, was a complete waste of time. My scanner never works. I got tired of calling in all of the time to fix it or get a new one. Now, we don't offer the cards anymore since the scanner never works. In the console it used to say, Text or Email. Now, it says, "Announcements or Promotions." I not sure who came up with that one. Text and email, is pretty cut and dry. Your retailers know exactly what those are and what they do. However, every time one of our stores goes to send something out, we have to back and look what Announcement is, and what Promotion is. Its like you are purposely trying to not be user friendly.

PROS

I used to like the data and it was easy to use.

CONS

The equipment and console.

Crystal

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

SumUp Does The Job

PROS

I like the fact that SumUp is mobile. All I have to do is download the app to a device with the internet, pair the NFC reader, and go about my business. I don't have to charge the NFC often either. It lasts for days before needing a charge, so if I forget to charge it, I'm still good to go.

CONS

There is nothing at this time that I don't like about Sumup. It does the job.

J Robin

Retail, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2019

easy to use...

see previous entry. most experiences have been positive. unexpected loss of accumulated points is almost deceitful.

PROS

from a consumer standpoint, very easy to use. tracks points flawlessly.

CONS

wasted points. when someone drops out of the program & you've been accumulating points towards a special reward, it is beyond frustrating when they drop the program without notice, leaving the consumer without recourse. providers should provide those with accumulated points sufficient notice to use their points (30 days) before the program is dropped from that location. Supercuts left my spouse & myself with enough points amassed for "free" services when they suddenly (and without notice) no longer had a terminal. when you usually get your hair cut every 6 weeks, notifying customers at the terminal would be pointless, advance notification to customers via email or app when a provider like Supercuts is about to drop, allows us enough time to utilize our points. we spent a lot of money getting to that reward level. we should have a chance to use them instead of having them disappear.

Nipuna

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Customer loyalty with STARS

Fivestar is an user friendly program which helps to keep update with customers. Help to build loyal customers by sending them messages to inform about new promotion and keep updated them with the deals.

PROS

This is simple and user-friendly as well as it is customizable. Super customer service. It helps to get critical customer data.

CONS

Its SOMETIMES hard to reach customer support quickly.

Reason for choosing SumUp

Its little bit easy to use.

Tobias