All Worldpay Reviews

Kavindu Githsara

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Effortlessly Accept Payments with Worldpay

Overall, Worldpay is a reliable payment processing software that offers a wide range of options for businesses looking to accept payments from customers. Its advanced security measures and customizable options make it a valuable tool for businesses of all sizes. However, its cost and limited support may be drawbacks for some users.

PROS

Worldpay supports a variety of payment options, making it easy for businesses to accept payments from customers no matter how they prefer to pay. Worldpay uses advanced security measures to ensure that all transactions are safe and secure. This helps businesses protect themselves and their customers from fraud and other security threats. Their use interface is very friendly. That makes it easy for businesses to set up and manage their payment processing system. So far we didn't face any configuration issues. Not only that but also Worldpay offers customizable options that allow us to tailor the payment processing system to our specific needs.

CONS

Nothing to complain but they have some limited customer support. They may not always be available when we needed.

Tyler

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Worldpay User Experience

My experience has been overwhelmingly positive. Worldpay does exactly what I want it to do, and it's NEVER a hassle to use. The reporting is easy to navigate. The thing I like the most about Worldpay is that, whenever you are feeling lost and confused, you can always click on the question mark on the top right. This will pull up some documentation explaining the functions and features of the page you're attempting to view. Extremely helpful.

PROS

The layout for Worldpay's IQ Portal is very user friendly. The 4-5 main dropdown options on the top left make navigating the portal very easy. I also find the resources that Worldpay posts on the homepage of the IQ Portal very helpful. You have 4-5 main navigation boxes on the top left, resources in the middle, and useful information/support information on the bottom - it's not cluttered at all, it just works.

CONS

I use the chat function often if I need help from Worldpay support, however sometimes the chat icon is red instead of green. i understand that that means chat support is unavailable, however oftentimes the icon is red during normal business hours. With this in mind, it might be nice to add some text as you hover over the red icon that gives a reason for chat support being unavailable in that moment. Additionally, I usually receive pretty good support, however there have been times when my support experience has been less than satisfactory. Sometimes the agent that I'm chatting with doesn't really know the answer. It can sometimes feel like I'm speaking with somebody who is as familiar with the portal as I am, when I'm actually looking for an expert to answer my questions confidently.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Not listening to the customer

I am not happy with the customer service I received from World Pay. the CSR's were polite enough. I was advised I "can't" track your package, which is idiocracy as they could take the initiative to open the UPS tracking app and advise me where my package was. I was advised I "can't" email you a shipping label to correct our shipping error. I am not sure Can't is in my vocabulary when it comes to taking care of a customer. It obviously is a word that World Pay embraces with taking care of their customers.

PROS

My machine went down after the first time used.

CONS

I used my machine one time. On my second attempt the machine became unrecognized.. which means you have to get a new machine. I contacted the number on the back of the machine. I spoke with the customer service person. I advised the CSR that my IT department had given me a machine that was originally assigned to another branch in our business. I gave the CSR the information about where it was originally assigned and where the equipment was installed. I went through some trouble shooting steps the CSR walked me through. I was advised that the machine had to be replaced. In the process of locating the equipment in World Pays system, I made it clear where the equipment was being used. We went over where to send the equipment in the end. I had not received the equipment after a couple of weeks. I followed up with the company asking where we were at in me getting the replacement equipment. I was given a tracking number by the World Pay CSR and while we were on the phone i tracked the package, because I was advised they did not do this. Which I thought was lacking in assisting me find the equipment. I discovered they sent the equipment to the wrong location. This is an example of the initial CSR not listening to the customer and inputting the correct information, so I might receive the equipment where it was needed. I advised the CSR that the simplest way to resolve my problem was to email me a shipping label and I would get it to the correct person so the equipment could be forwarded to where it was needed. I was advised that someone would contact me within 24-48 hours. I was contacted by the CSR within 30 minutes by telephone. To my surprise their resolution was for me to handle getting the machine to my location. The equipment with shipping I am sure would cost less than $10-15 dollars either sending it ground or USPS. I commented that I was not happy with that resolution. The mistake was not mine. Yet, I was tasked with correcting the issue. As a customer, I find the incompetence of documenting and forwarding the equipment to the wrong location unacceptable. Only to tell me it was my responsibility to correct their mistake in paying for the shipping. I find this an example of Terrible customer service, Especially for such a new customer.

Patrick

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Terrible company stay clear

Stressful and unpleasant not one thing done right. Gave them plenty time to resolve problems. Customer service of you can call it that just hang up the phone.money payed into wrong account. Company name incorrect. There company representative doesn't have a clue and is hopeless I'd like to see has he even the correct financial credentials. I will be following up with an investigation from ombudsman as I believe this company has poor performance and will not allow you to make an official complaint.

PROS

Nothing could not say a good thing about them. Most frustrating experience I ever had in business in the last 24 years

CONS

Everything was a shambles and unprofessional from the start. Incorrect billing. Poor customer service I wouldn't even call it that as it's not a service provided to the company. Very bad reps sent to set up would have rather given my information to a cocker spaniels than the person who set us up. Incorrect allocation of funds to the wrong account couldn't even get the company name right

Reasons for switching to Worldpay

Was changing premises sales rep said he'd switch it for us . He did to another company with I did not know at the time he lead me to believe he was just move our payment terminal to the other premises. We switched back which was lucky

Mandi

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Helpful Syster

Worldpay does make our job easier which is a great tool to have and I would recommend this if someone was in the market for this software.

PROS

Worldpay is most helpful to collect info we need to balance our reports each day. It allows for daily reports that are super user friendly.

CONS

What we liked least about Worldpay is having to call to speak to someone. This can be very time consuming but necessary at times. Although whenever we have had to call the service has been helpful.

Reason for choosing Worldpay

Worldpay went well with our system.

Glenn

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Lousy Customer Service

PROS

NOTHING! They make it extremely hard to work with them.

CONS

Extremely poor customer service. Shortly after starting with them, they changed their method of downloading monthly statements. They supplied no training or information about the change and treated us very poorly when they finally called us to help us thru the process. Now they notify us of a potential chargeback. We actually refunded the charge the day before we were notified. While attempting to give them this information on their website, they were requiring some information but weren't very clear as to what it was they wanted. It was a REQUIRED field in order to complete the submission. I sent several messages thru their website "contact" box and sent a separate email. Mostly all we got were auto-replies assigning case numbers. Once we were asked for more information about our company that was needed to help us. I supplied that but NEVER got another response. We cannot find a phone number anywhere to reach them. Now they have taken the money from our bank account even though we already refunded the customer!

Reasons for switching to Worldpay

Last company didn't follow thru on promises.

Josh

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Needs to modernise

Not a terrible option but needs to catch up to the competition. If they can no longer compete on price they will be in trouble.

PROS

In the beginning rates were cheaper than any other provider.

CONS

Customer service is basically non existent and the payment portals both customer facing and internal are in need of an overhaul

Victoria

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

OK when if works..

I can't say I've had a great time. I've had the system nearly 2 years and had nothing but trouble with it since but I like the my business hub facility and its the only thing keeping me in

PROS

We like the brand being well known and trusted for our costomers, the professional look of the system. And the my buissness hub facility.

CONS

Often fails to connect the wireless card reader. Embarrassing when customer waiting to pay. Also very over priced rental

My buissness hub app

% margins

BJ

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Great, Easy Service, Lack of Support on Chargebacks

PROS

Worldpay is an easy to use terminal credit card processor.

CONS

WorldPay does not contact merchants on chargebacks and offers little support on chargebacks that are pure fraud and customers looking to get something for nothing.

Alissa

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Helpful tool for recreation facilities

It has been good so far. We have not been using it all that long.

PROS

I like how it remembers and stores information. It makes charging cards easier and more efficient overall.

CONS

It gets annoying when different people pay for one event or item with different cards. That part gets tricky, especially since there is different information to deal with.

Sharron

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Do Not Use

Terrible, absolute shambles of a company

PROS

Absolutely nothing. This is a complete disgrace of a company

CONS

Customer service is appalling. I’ve spent hours on the phone over the last 3 weeks. Today my card machine was terminated leaving my business without a card payment machine. They have taken payments over the past 3 weeks and not forwarded them. I now need to wait 10-15 days for the Due Diligence Team to review my case. Go elsewhere at all costs

Clydesdale Bank recommended Worldpay when I opened my business

Felicia

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Great system to integrate with EHR systems

World pay was something that we used in the office for several years. The only issues that we had was that it did not integrate with our EHR system so it took more steps to enter things into the ledger. This also opened up room for error and forgetting to manually enter a transaction.

PROS

World pay was easy to use with a high volume office. It made processing payments very easy. It took a few clicks to process a payment. The system has the ability to save information in a safe and compliant manner so that patients wouldn't have to continuously get out a credit card for us to run a payment.

CONS

The software did not integrate with Platinum, so you had to open it in a web browser to use it. Then you could process the payment. You did have to manually enter the payment into the EHR ledger after you took the payment.

Christine

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2020

High Fees

WorldPay has high fees and not very easy or intuitive to use.

PROS

WorldPay was the recommended payment portal from the new website company so they helped set it up initially.

CONS

I could never find any information. WorldPay had a couple of different websites for payment acceptance and reporting and could never find anything. I wasted a lot of time. Also, the fees are ridiculous. The Chapter was charged a fee every month regardless if WorldPay payments were processed. They also charged a fee for canceling before 2 years.

New website recommended using WorldPay

Connor

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Poor support and a stressful company to work with

PROS

I liked being able to process payments when everything was running smoothly

CONS

I disliked the customer support experience when trying to track down a large reserve account balance that was missing for several months. The support team claimed the reserve was paid out in full, when in fact there were two reserve accounts on my account when there should have been only one.

Michelle

Hospitality, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2018

Professional and helpful

PROS

Ease of use and up to date information both payments and statements easy to read.

CONS

Not matching up with bank statement, so it takes a while to reconcile

Austin

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Terrible Service kept charging me after I cancelled

terrible customer service and took money after I cancelled

PROS

nothing, they were terrible... DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY!

CONS

the charges and service, pretty much everything about them

Robert

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Double charged everything

PROS

People working there are friendly and some of them try to help you.

CONS

They created 2 accounts for me even so I never asked for 2 and charred for everything double. I'm fighting them sine 2 weeks and had to waste several hours with the customer service there ( it took 3 phone calls until they figured out they created 2 account. Furthermore they changed my plan without asking me or informing me to a more expensive plane.

Kristine