• Pros

• "The customization is awesome. I have been able to tailor the system to fit my business. It is also very easy to learn and use."

• "The product is easy to use and a great value. They are constantly working to expand and improve the system."

• "it has several features that are useful, and the customer service is great. Great response time on issues."

• Cons

• "The system works well, not really any complaints. The only issue we have is sometimes the speed of the system, however, this could also be due to internet related issues and not the system. "

• "How many steps required to put members into system. Can be complex to train employees as some of the functions are just too complicated to train. "

• "Lots of glitches. It feels like we see something weekly that is being fixed.(which is good that it's being fixed, but why so often)"

Browse ShapeNet Reviews

Crystal from Xtreme Core Fitness

ShapeNet Review

I run my entire business through shape. I absolutely love it!

Pros

From the very beginning I was incredibly impressed with all the functionality. It does everything! It's easy to use, and the customer service is the very best across the board. They respond immediately and are so incredibly smart and know how to fix anything I mess up.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. Everything is always taken care of.

Bob from T3 Performance

Great experience using the system and customer support. Some issues with reports and functions.

Financial data capture, integration of schedule and facility use,trainer and customer data detail for measuring efficiency and productivity.

Pros

System features, data capture and reporting functions are excellent. System downtime is minimal. The financial data and downloads are a great feature excellent.

Cons

Needs better integration of features to allow easier and quicker data input during busy hours. Too many features require replicating data entry such as; adding subsequent members of the same family requires , setting up rentals and closing multiple stations,closing adding members and closing out classes and members in them requires screen refresh on every attendee,payroll download is confusing. Field names and services do not match between system and system fields, Would like to set our own thank you letter. Frequently new updates cause problems with current functions. Needs better Beta testing. Downloading data supposed to go to Excel but instead always defaults to Unicode drives me nuts because I download a lot of reports and have to convert everyone. Payroll summary picks up field that I don't want and have to reconfigure for every employee. Example the date field is always off by one cell. There is another field that has no purpose at all plus the classes pick up the class itself as if it were a person in attendance. In the financial data the income categories should show number counts when applied to multiple categories. You can only get number # count data by looking at one category at a time. When closing stations we should be able to close multiple stations on the matrix versus having to close each one then wait for the screen to update close the next one etc etc ad nausea. The process of submitting a support ticket could be streamed lined.

Jennifer from Fitxpress Fitness Centers

Horrible Experience and BIG mistake (Owner, couldn't care less)

Horrible Experience with this company. I'm shocked that they have any clients with an experience like this. I had elected to use this company for all of our . After not meeting the conversion deadlines, as promised ,we decided to not use their services and gave notice. It should be noted that they promised many features on the software that we required but found at the time of conversion that they were available but in the future. To make a long story short, they continued to bill our companies credit card even after notice was given not to. When we emailed the company's Owner regarding our dissatisfaction regarding the service from Shapenet and the unauthorized payments, he basically replied too bad but we never promised. So we were basically was charged for software which was never converted or even used. I would definitely do my research with software companies before you buy because this was a big mistake. The last software we had was great (Aphellion) and used for almost 20 years. Very disappointed.

Cons

Promises of features that were never installed.

Response from ShapeNet

Replied March 2017

As the owner of ShapeNet, let me take the time to respond and clarify some points. I'm disappointed you had a bad experience with us, but you did demo the product several times and liked it. for the conversion, we clearly stated that we needed info from your team AND your team needed to verify data before you went live. your team refused to do that. after spending over 2 months on the conversion with minimal help from your team, you wanted your money back. I explained what we all agreed to. We all tried to work with you to provide what you needed. I even suggested a compromise where we would split the money you owed us. Based on your specific needs, we had good solutions for you. we wish you the best moving forward. as a reminder, I kept myself available to work thru any issues you wanted to discuss with me. Larry King - CEO

Bob from T3Performance

Support from rep is OUTSTANDiNG !

Shapenet software is outstanding. Even better is the support we have received and most recently the support from reps. Rep has worked tirelessly to help us set up our payroll system and never ceases to amaze us with her responsiveness and involvement. She and the entire company make us feel like we are their only client. I would highly recommend Shapenet to anyone considering software for their fitness facility !

Pros

Flexibility to handle very large list of services, financial transactions and hstorical data. Most impressive however is their support staff. see comments below. The company's willingness to implement customer suggested changes is unique in this business.

Cons

We would like to see league application software and understand they are working on this now.

Jason from Spring Lake Aquatic Center

Many times we deal with server issues and a slow system.

Pros

We like the customizable program. It works well for our business purposes. Has many great features, some we use, some we don't

Cons

so many options, can be overwhelming for a new user. Proper training from the begnning of the use of this product would be beneficial.

Response from ShapeNet

Replied May 2017

We appreciate the feedback Jason. we're very pleased that your are benefiting from our customizable software system. it looks like it is working well for your business. we agree with you when you mentioned that a new user can be overwhelmed because of all the great benefits that are available. we have re-structured our training for new and existing clients, which we feel is more effective. we are getting good feedback from our clients with our new approach. we have resolved the core system performance issues and your system should be running much better now. Larry King Founder and CEO

Mike from Body Tech Health & Fitness

I love shape net fornits functions once you have experience with it.

Allowing our staff to easily read the details and status of each member.

Pros

The checkin is easy and the display is clear for each individual once they are put in the system. The input is fairly easy and there are a lot of functions to use. Each individual to be implemented takes about 3 minutes which is nice.

Cons

The functions are relatively scattered and difficult. Especially the class calendar and scheduling and ease of use for packages purchased and user scheduling. Also, it's difficult to find the website for individuals since there is another ShapeNet company in the search. It would also be nice if when purchased someone would come on site to show how to use many of the functions, once someone ourchaees the software.

Bo from Exercise Inc

ShapeNet is the best software for anyone running a personal training business.

It's how I run my business.

Pros

Cons

The customer service could be a lot better. The system is down or slow a lot more than it should be.

Response from ShapeNet

Replied May 2017

Hi Bo, We appreciate your kind words about our software system. we have learned alot from your feedback over the years and have applied some of your suggestions and needs to the system. looks like you are benefiting from them since you have opened up new locations successfully. we are upgrading our support and training methods, especially with new clients. we have also taken steps to resolve system performance issues and are confident the system should be running much better now. thank you for your business over the years. Larry King Founder and CEO

Jen from Cantrell Wellness Center

ShapeNet transformed the way we do business- it has made us more productive and efficient.

Efficiency, streamlining of tasks, simplified process, automation of what was once long, drawn out processes

Pros

ShapeNet automated and simplified processes for us ranging from billing to sending out customer satisfaction surveys. The client services representatives at ShapeNet work hard to address concerns and handle any issues that arise. With quarterly releases, there are constant improvements to an already great interface, functionality, and reporting.

Cons

The only downside to ShapeNet is that the only way for payment integration is to go through their third-party merchant. Though it provides integration with the system, the customer service for the third-party merchant is no comparison to ShapeNet's stellar team who all express genuine interest in providing business solutions in a professional and efficient manner.

Audra from UCHealth Medical Fitness

An improvement from our old system, but still lacking in some areas.

Pros

It's internet based and accessible from anywhere. This has been a game changer for our department! I can work off-site, which has been wonderful! Customer support is light years better than our old system!

Cons

Appearance needs an update and ease of use is still lacking in some areas. While customer support does get back to us quickly, sometimes the answer is "sorry, there is nothing we can do about that problem." I wish the team would take more initiative on improving their product and listening to the customer's needs.

Response from ShapeNet

Replied May 2017

We appreciate your feedback !!! It's great that you are taking advantage of our cloud system, which lets you access the system anywhere. We are taking steps to upgrade the system appearance. We have a NEW MEMBER PORTAL UPGRADE that will be available on 5/17/2017. we are also upgrading some reports and introducing more graphs. our support team does provide feedback to us based on your comments and we are taking the steps to continually improve the system.

bruce from Intoxx Fitness

Shapenet Review

My experience has been nothing less than Quality. The rep is always there when we need her assistance.

Pros

Easy capability with members & billing.

Cons

I have zero cons with Shape software. I have nothing negative to say.

Beth from Bayshore Fit

Shapenet provides a great value

The Shapenet reports have been vital to our business. We use financial reports on a daily basis

Pros

The best thing about Shapenet is its customer support. The Shapenet support team is EXCELLENT and is responsive to all issues. This is something people underestimate when purchasing software, but it is extremely important. I would recommend Shapenet for this reason alone.

Cons

Shapenet takes some time to get used to. Front desk employees coming from other gyms complain that it is not user friendly.

Darren from Sport Central

Shapenet has been very helpful in our different requests and customer support.

Pros

The software is user friendly with many different features depending on the needs of the business. We use the software within our gym for our member database, check-ins, payment history, recurring billing and the features allow us to adapt to our specific needs.

Marisa from Stevenson Fitness

We enjoy the team - they have always been very helpful. The software has a lot of functionality.

Great value - great functionality - open to feedback and lots of help.

Pros

It has a lot of features that I haven't even begun to explore. I also like that Shape is open to suggestions and very helpful with issues.

Cons

It is not very intuitive and we find it difficult to train new employees. It has a very large learning curve. Some processes are a little cumbersome and could use some quicker shortcuts etc.

Jeff from Bee Fit Health Club

I wouldn't be able to run my business without Shape

It makes my day to day so much easier.

Pros

The customer support team is amazing. I like that you can do so much with the billing and alal of the different functions that you can do within the software.

Raphael from Ground Control

Love the software. Customer support needs help.

Customer tracking.

Pros

Features and the new app. I also like the reports that are available including all the financial reports, democratic reports and the marketing reports.

Cons

I can't call and get a person on the phone. I need to leave a message or put in a ticket. Takes too long.

Alexandria from Fit One

Awesome

Pros

Ease of use, and the customer service is awesome! Every time I reach out to support team... they always help me solve my problem extremely fast!

Cons

Some operations/functions can take too many steps to get to where you're going and could be streamlined

Jeffrey from Stamford Athletic Club

Extremely good membership software

Pros

Cloud based. Tech support. They update software frequently and mostly by requests. All staff very friendly and approachable and make appointments to go over whatever.

Cons

ShapeNet can do almost too much so sometimes hard to navigate.

ed from World Gym

Excellent product and a very personable staff.

Pros

Shapenet is always improving the software to needs of user. Customer service is very prompt and thorough on request.

Cons

That Shapenet was not yet in existence when I opened my first gym. If it had been open I would undoubtebly had my 2nd gym open much sooner.

Ann from Reps For Life

Great customer service. Pro active with there clients.

security,

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to figure out. I learned most of what i know from, playing around with soft ware.

Cons

There are a lot of functions that I haven't had time to learn. So I could be getting more for my business if I spent some time doing webinars,

Lisa from Roseville Health & Wellness Center

ShapeNet software has saved me time while giving me the comfort of knowing memberships and services

Pros

The functionality of syncing services with trainer sessions and payroll all together. Saves time by not using all the excel spreadsheets I use to have in place...

Cons

Corporate account membership billing procedures need attention. When printing invoice for a company with services and monthly dues there is no way to post a partial payment or even print one page bill. The monthly invoice is 20 pages long...

Wayne from Rise Health & Fitness

Very good company that is constantly expanding and improving the product.

Ease of use and easy to generate reports.

Pros

Cons

Occasional down time can be frustrating with less than satisfactory communication regarding the problem.

Ali from Fit One Gym

Great

Pros

Every time I work with Lynn w she always helps to solve my issues and usually ends up teaching me something new!

Cons

Some of the operations take too many steps to get to the end result , could be streamlined a little bit.

Scott from Westside Fitness - Grand Rapids, MI

Overall pretty good

The biggest benefit is that it Web-Base and our old system was not, but for the most part I think they all are now.

Pros

Web-based and the functions that are there are for the most part fairly easy to use. The more you use it, the more valuable it is.

Cons

Doesn't really give me a true picture of my overall profit now or compared to previous years. HTML emails are difficult We would like to be able to schedule Tanning minutes

Response from ShapeNet

Replied May 2017

We appreciate the feedback Scott. we're glad you're benefiting from a cloud/web system. regarding not being able to see financial info compared to different time periods, please look at the Financial Summary Comparison report. you should be able to get the info you need. We are working on an easier solution with the HTML rich emails. we will be pre-loading some ready to use emails. reach out to our support regarding the tanning minutes. our system should be able to manage that for you. Larry King Founder and CEO

ali from Fit One

works well for our business

Pros

Cons

can be too many steps to get to a simple task, the knowledge base is out of date and not helpful for several issues- causing you to need to submit another support ticket.

Donnie from Sapp's Fitness Garage

Very good company and lots of support

Drafting, inventory, drip emails, video on demand

Pros

All the features are easy to use. Easy to set up and learn to use. Great support.

Cons

I like it all. No complaints. No issues at all.

Reasons for Choosing ShapeNet

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on top of the great software they offer

Scott from Bodyfit LLC

It's ok, just not super excited about the over all experience. We've been using it for a long time

Pros

Easy eft and availablity to enter a member into the software. It's also easy to find a membership/ client for pos.

Cons

Response from ShapeNet

Replied May 2017

Hi Scott, We appreciate your feedback and thanks for taking my call today. you have been using our system for over 9 years and, as I mentioned to you on the call, there are many new benefits and services we have that can help you. such as the ability for members and non-members to purchase services right from your website. digital agreements and a mobile app. We can discuss all of these ways where we can help your business next week. we value your longtime business with us over the years and are excited about some ways we can immediately help your business !!! Larry King Founder and CEO

Mark from My Fitness Kitchen

Due to the support, the best way to describe ShapeNET experience is PERSONALIZED!

Pros

What I like most is the support with the set-up. Price is great. her patience to work with OUR business model and customize and then tweak the set-up to make it not only functional to start by flexible to grow has been great. All software have great capabilities; however it is when software is set up (and adjusted) correctly can it truly be the spine of your business that it should be.

Cons

The screen font appearance, can be little exhausting to view. However nothing can be perfect therefore I can work with this to have the on-going customer support to tweak the software to match our business model with the ever changing landscape of our industry.

maddie from Bergys Fitness and Foods

Software is great tailored to our gym. Training, support, conversion team helped thru all issues.

Pros

Every detail, has been worked on. Membership, door access (availability), billing, collections. The member portal works like a charm.

Cons

More user friendly boxes not text. Simpler screens? We don't have issues, but those who are computer challenged might have issues.

Tony from YMCA

View custom workout videos on our app

Pros

All our out of town previous members can now workout to our videos on our app! This helps provide another level of service.

Cons

The layout is not as sleek as our previous app, but it gets the message across.

October 2015

Martin from Westchester Martial Arts

October 2015

Quality Company, Quality Software Package

I selected this software after researching other software packages because of the flexibility and customization offered to me. Set up was very easy and the support team at ShapeNet walked me through the entire process. I also appreciate the post support I received from my coaching team at ShapeNet. They are very easy to contact and any issues or questions I had/have are responded to very quickly and at times followed up by an email and or a phone call. To date I have no negative experiences with the software or the support services. In summary, I really enjoy the flexibility in the functionality of the package as I am beginning to roll out new programs at my facility and thy ShapeNet package allows me to easily integrate all aspects of my business! I must add a "Shout Out" to the 2 people at ShapeNet who exceeded my expectations and are always available to me if I need them. Teri Portello & Lisa Falkenstein, Thank you for making my business transistion to Shapenet a success and a great experience!

Tyler from North Florida Community College

The conversion team was EXCELLENT! The training was very helpful and they were very thorough!

Pros

I like the reporting and ability to work with a web based system. I also like the ability to set membership parameters and have our semesters pro-rate which is something they set up just for us!

Cons

The software does a lot more than what we need it to do. There tends to be some unnecessary clicking and searching for information. I also do not like that you have to use the receipt printer and cash drawer in IE but can only take photos through Google Chrome. It takes some of the features away be having to choose which browser to use.

Jean from Critical Mass

System does an average job in meeting our needs

Pros

Was an affordable option to a new start up business.

Cons

It often takes multiple steps to accomplish a goal. Need to look multiple places for information. Client financial information seems to look different depending on what screen you're looking at. Not intuitive. Response time to questions can be long and often Shapenet is unable to answer our questions without first researching the answer.

Ben from My House Fitness

Highly capable from the studio-management side. Our clients and trainers would still prefer MindBody

Pros

All-in-one platform and great reporting ability. I can look at any aspect of my business and I can fix most any mistake my staff makes.

Cons

Clients would like to schedule online and its not a friendly platform for that. I was told by a sales staff member that the product has evolved and we can enjoy more functions but I have not heard more in months.

Vijaya from New Carlisle Sports and Fitness

Good customer service but would like to see increase in the ease of use and more features added

Pros

Shapenet customer service is great. Response is within a few hours most of the time when there is an issue.

Cons

Loading the system. Sometimes the data entry is not saved. The reports donot pull up right sometimes.

Cari from Fit 24 LLC

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Best customer support I could ask for

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, the software is very simple to use. I know there are features I haven't even touched and can't wait to continue to explore.

Cons

I've had a difficult time figuring out how to reverse charges in a simpler step. I try to troubleshoot on my own vs. calling/messaging for every little hiccup. Customer service is excellent, but I like to learn things on my own too.

Ryan from Training by Taylor

Behind the times!

It did the job, but as I am no longer using the product, shows that there are far better options out there.

Pros

Not a lot of bells and whistles. Simple software for the most part, used it for a brief period for scheduling clients in personal training.

Cons

Many things I didnt like - - Slow - No app, at least when i used it. For trainers, having an app is important for scheduling conflicts etc. - Limited abilities to add services, or adjust really anything. - Did the job, but so many better softwares out there to use

Jen from Health Systems Group

Work in Progress

Pros

The amount of information that it can capture about the ins and outs of a fitness club.

Cons

Navigating through some areas is complicated (there are a lot of steps to click through) to get where you need to go and in the beginning it's challenging to recall all the steps, especially if it's a process you don't need to perform often.

Deb from Figure By Faith

Great support and help with learning how to implement the software.

Tracking, billing, scheduling and customer support.

Pros

The training and constant customer support is amazing. It helped when I went live. I knew if I had questions, I would get help and answers quickly.

Cons

How to help clients use the portal and phone app. Have the ability to use the phone app to pay for services.

Amanda from The gym 247

New to using the software. Been using it since the new year when I took over a business.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use, I like that I can use it from anywhere which is nice with a 24 hour gym because I dont need to be there all the time and can use it from home.

Cons

My small gym may not need all of the features available, so it might be more, and cost more, than what I need.

Dayna from Intermountain Healthcare - Acceleration

Over promised sales team - Very poor Custom support team

have not found any yet

Pros

the sales guy did a great job selling us on it. However many of those things he said they could make work, are not working.

Cons

The Custom Support and set-up team - never seemed prepared for our meetings, unfriendly, has been very hard to make work for us.

Response from ShapeNet

Replied May 2017

Our Director of Client Support met with you during the week. We identified 5 core and unique system needs. We were able to immediately provide 3 of them for your team. another one should be available in about 30 days and we are reviewing the 5th request. as you mentioned, you now have a very useful cloud system that is available for your staff and members. we are here to work with you and your team to provide what you need to manage your business more effectively. We are pleased that together we are making progress. Larry King Founder and CEO

Meredith from Insight Health & Fitness Center

Slow, Rocky Start with increasing potential

Lower initial cost and user-friendliness, however lots of time and cost has gone in to simply making the product functional for us. Due to server issues and technical difficulties, we haven't even had the time to set up the member portal or the app, yet we are paying for it. We are excited to move forward with these features, hopefully the process will go a little more smoothly than the past few.

Pros

The user-friendly layout. It is easy to understand with little training and features customization for quick functions.

Cons

The server errors/glitching that we've been experiencing. Some functions do not work as they seem they would through the demos. Mainly with layout and scrolling functionality

April 2015

Tonya from Rock Solid Wellness Studio, LLC

April 2015

User friendly!

This program is so user friendly and amazing on how you can use the software to meet your needs, even if you are small facility. What I love the most about this software is the customer service and prompt attention to all, and any of my issues I may have. No matter how small or how big my problem may be I get a resolution right away. Because of the amazing softeware and awesome customer service, the investment is well worth every penny. So awesome, thank you ShapeNet.

Jennifer from Kor Fitness LLC

There's many features to ShapeNet so it takes a little time to get used to.

Pros

The reports are great and I love that it works well with the Brivo door system. I like the scheduling section as well. Easy to schedule classes and sessions.

Cons

The web interface is a little sloppy. I have to do a lot of scrolling to figure things out. There are many menus, a lot of clicking as well.

Timothy from Self Employed

Needed Service

Pros

Great to have a database of 3d for my personal use in design.

Cons

A lot of things to see on this site. Using it for personal so I assume business applications would love the content.