What are ShapeNet users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ShapeNet software through verified user reviews

• icon"It is pretty easy to use, I like that I can use it from anywhere which is nice with a 24 hour gym because I dont need to be there all the time and can use it from home."
  • icon"The reports are great and I love that it works well with the Brivo door system. I like the scheduling section as well."
  • icon"It helped when I went live. I knew if I had questions, I would get help and answers quickly."
  • icon"Frequently new updates cause problems with current functions."
  • icon"The only downside to ShapeNet is that the only way for payment integration is to go through their third-party merchant."
  • icon"No app, at least when i used it. For trainers, having an app is important for scheduling conflicts etc."

Browse all ShapeNet Reviews

• Have you used ShapeNet and would like to share your experience with others?

Crystal

ShapeNet Review

I run my entire business through shape. I absolutely love it!

Pros

From the very beginning I was incredibly impressed with all the functionality. It does everything! It's easy to use, and the customer service is the very best across the board. They respond immediately and are so incredibly smart and know how to fix anything I mess up.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. Everything is always taken care of.

Bob

Great experience using the system and customer support. Some issues with reports and functions.

Financial data capture, integration of schedule and facility use,trainer and customer data detail for measuring efficiency and productivity.

Pros

System features, data capture and reporting functions are excellent. System downtime is minimal. The financial data and downloads are a great feature excellent.

Cons

Needs better integration of features to allow easier and quicker data input during busy hours. Too many features require replicating data entry such as; adding subsequent members of the same family requires , setting up rentals and closing multiple stations,closing adding members and closing out classes and members in them requires screen refresh on every attendee,payroll download is confusing. Field names and services do not match between system and system fields, Would like to set our own thank you letter. Frequently new updates cause problems with current functions. Needs better Beta testing. Downloading data supposed to go to Excel but instead always defaults to Unicode drives me nuts because I download a lot of reports and have to convert everyone. Payroll summary picks up field that I don't want and have to reconfigure for every employee. Example the date field is always off by one cell. There is another field that has no purpose at all plus the classes pick up the class itself as if it were a person in attendance. In the financial data the income categories should show number counts when applied to multiple categories. You can only get number # count data by looking at one category at a time. When closing stations we should be able to close multiple stations on the matrix versus having to close each one then wait for the screen to update close the next one etc etc ad nausea. The process of submitting a support ticket could be streamed lined.

Horrible Experience and BIG mistake (Owner, couldn't care less)

Horrible Experience with this company. I'm shocked that they have any clients with an experience like this. I had elected to use this company for all of our . After not meeting the conversion deadlines, as promised ,we decided to not use their services and gave notice. It should be noted that they promised many features on the software that we required but found at the time of conversion that they were available but in the future. To make a long story short, they continued to bill our companies credit card even after notice was given not to. When we emailed the company's Owner regarding our dissatisfaction regarding the service from Shapenet and the unauthorized payments, he basically replied too bad but we never promised. So we were basically was charged for software which was never converted or even used. I would definitely do my research with software companies before you buy because this was a big mistake. The last software we had was great (Aphellion) and used for almost 20 years. Very disappointed.

Cons

Promises of features that were never installed.

Response from ShapeNet

As the owner of ShapeNet, let me take the time to respond and clarify some points. I'm disappointed you had a bad experience with us, but you did demo the product several times and liked it. for the conversion, we clearly stated that we needed info from your team AND your team needed to verify data before you went live. your team refused to do that. after spending over 2 months on the conversion with minimal help from your team, you wanted your money back. I explained what we all agreed to. We all tried to work with you to provide what you needed. I even suggested a compromise where we would split the money you owed us. Based on your specific needs, we had good solutions for you. we wish you the best moving forward. as a reminder, I kept myself available to work thru any issues you wanted to discuss with me. Larry King - CEO

Replied March 2017

DORIS

ShapeNet Review

I have been using SHAPE.NET for over 8 years and it is the best club software out by far

Pros

The software is easy to use, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very hands-on and he has a fabulous staff, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is incredible, she always answers the phone when I call, she handles all the problems I have immediately, she is just unbelievable. She makes my shape.net experience very perfect.

Cons

If theres a problem having to do a support ticket

Reasons for choosing ShapeNet

Better prices

Reasons for switching to ShapeNet

Needed the credit card change program

Bob

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Support from rep is OUTSTANDiNG !

Shapenet software is outstanding. Even better is the support we have received and most recently the support from reps. Rep has worked tirelessly to help us set up our payroll system and never ceases to amaze us with her responsiveness and involvement. She and the entire company make us feel like we are their only client. I would highly recommend Shapenet to anyone considering software for their fitness facility !

Pros

Flexibility to handle very large list of services, financial transactions and hstorical data. Most impressive however is their support staff. see comments below. The company's willingness to implement customer suggested changes is unique in this business.

Cons

We would like to see league application software and understand they are working on this now.

Reasons for switching to ShapeNet

As we have grown, our thought was to try software from a much larger company however after running parallel systems for a couple of months we scrapped the other system. and decided to stay with Shapenet Shapenet is the best in the market. for our needs.

Jason

Many times we deal with server issues and a slow system.

Pros

We like the customizable program. It works well for our business purposes. Has many great features, some we use, some we don't

Cons

so many options, can be overwhelming for a new user. Proper training from the begnning of the use of this product would be beneficial.

Response from ShapeNet

We appreciate the feedback Jason. we're very pleased that your are benefiting from our customizable software system. it looks like it is working well for your business. we agree with you when you mentioned that a new user can be overwhelmed because of all the great benefits that are available. we have re-structured our training for new and existing clients, which we feel is more effective. we are getting good feedback from our clients with our new approach. we have resolved the core system performance issues and your system should be running much better now. Larry King Founder and CEO

Mike

I love shape net fornits functions once you have experience with it.

Allowing our staff to easily read the details and status of each member.

Pros

The checkin is easy and the display is clear for each individual once they are put in the system. The input is fairly easy and there are a lot of functions to use. Each individual to be implemented takes about 3 minutes which is nice.

Cons

The functions are relatively scattered and difficult. Especially the class calendar and scheduling and ease of use for packages purchased and user scheduling. Also, it's difficult to find the website for individuals since there is another ShapeNet company in the search. It would also be nice if when purchased someone would come on site to show how to use many of the functions, once someone ourchaees the software.

Bo

ShapeNet is the best software for anyone running a personal training business.

It's how I run my business.

Pros

The customization is awesome. I have been able to tailor the system to fit my business. It is also very easy to learn and use.

Cons

The customer service could be a lot better. The system is down or slow a lot more than it should be.

Response from ShapeNet

Hi Bo, We appreciate your kind words about our software system. we have learned alot from your feedback over the years and have applied some of your suggestions and needs to the system. looks like you are benefiting from them since you have opened up new locations successfully. we are upgrading our support and training methods, especially with new clients. we have also taken steps to resolve system performance issues and are confident the system should be running much better now. thank you for your business over the years. Larry King Founder and CEO

Ben

December 2021

Fitness Studio Florida

Pros

Ease of use and price. Great support and team

Cons

Graphics on pages and a little clunky with scheduling - drag and drop not great .

Beth

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Shapenet provides a great value

The Shapenet reports have been vital to our business. We use financial reports on a daily basis

Pros

The best thing about Shapenet is its customer support. The Shapenet support team is EXCELLENT and is responsive to all issues. This is something people underestimate when purchasing software, but it is extremely important. I would recommend Shapenet for this reason alone.

Cons

Shapenet takes some time to get used to. Front desk employees coming from other gyms complain that it is not user friendly.

Audra

An improvement from our old system, but still lacking in some areas.

Pros

It's internet based and accessible from anywhere. This has been a game changer for our department! I can work off-site, which has been wonderful! Customer support is light years better than our old system!

Cons

Appearance needs an update and ease of use is still lacking in some areas. While customer support does get back to us quickly, sometimes the answer is "sorry, there is nothing we can do about that problem." I wish the team would take more initiative on improving their product and listening to the customer's needs.

Response from ShapeNet

We appreciate your feedback !!! It's great that you are taking advantage of our cloud system, which lets you access the system anywhere. We are taking steps to upgrade the system appearance. We have a NEW MEMBER PORTAL UPGRADE that will be available on 5/17/2017. we are also upgrading some reports and introducing more graphs. our support team does provide feedback to us based on your comments and we are taking the steps to continually improve the system.

Darren

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Shapenet has been very helpful in our different requests and customer support.

Pros

The software is user friendly with many different features depending on the needs of the business. We use the software within our gym for our member database, check-ins, payment history, recurring billing and the features allow us to adapt to our specific needs.

Cons

The system works well, not really any complaints. The only issue we have is sometimes the speed of the system, however, this could also be due to internet related issues and not the system.

Marisa

We enjoy the team - they have always been very helpful. The software has a lot of functionality.

Great value - great functionality - open to feedback and lots of help.

Pros

It has a lot of features that I haven't even begun to explore. I also like that Shape is open to suggestions and very helpful with issues.

Cons

It is not very intuitive and we find it difficult to train new employees. It has a very large learning curve. Some processes are a little cumbersome and could use some quicker shortcuts etc.

Jeff

I wouldn't be able to run my business without Shape

It makes my day to day so much easier.

Pros

The customer support team is amazing. I like that you can do so much with the billing and alal of the different functions that you can do within the software.

Cons

How many steps required to put members into system. Can be complex to train employees as some of the functions are just too complicated to train.

Raphael

Love the software. Customer support needs help.

Customer tracking.

Pros

Features and the new app. I also like the reports that are available including all the financial reports, democratic reports and the marketing reports.

Cons

I can't call and get a person on the phone. I need to leave a message or put in a ticket. Takes too long.

Alexandria

Awesome

Pros

Ease of use, and the customer service is awesome! Every time I reach out to support team... they always help me solve my problem extremely fast!

Cons

Some operations/functions can take too many steps to get to where you're going and could be streamlined

Jeffrey

Extremely good membership software

Pros

Cloud based. Tech support. They update software frequently and mostly by requests. All staff very friendly and approachable and make appointments to go over whatever.

Cons

ShapeNet can do almost too much so sometimes hard to navigate.

ed

Excellent product and a very personable staff.

Pros

Shapenet is always improving the software to needs of user. Customer service is very prompt and thorough on request.

Cons

That Shapenet was not yet in existence when I opened my first gym. If it had been open I would undoubtebly had my 2nd gym open much sooner.

Ann

Great customer service. Pro active with there clients.

security,

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to figure out. I learned most of what i know from, playing around with soft ware.

Cons

There are a lot of functions that I haven't had time to learn. So I could be getting more for my business if I spent some time doing webinars,

Lisa

ShapeNet software has saved me time while giving me the comfort of knowing memberships and services

Pros

The functionality of syncing services with trainer sessions and payroll all together. Saves time by not using all the excel spreadsheets I use to have in place...

Cons

Corporate account membership billing procedures need attention. When printing invoice for a company with services and monthly dues there is no way to post a partial payment or even print one page bill. The monthly invoice is 20 pages long...

Wayne

Very good company that is constantly expanding and improving the product.

Ease of use and easy to generate reports.

Pros

The product is easy to use and a great value. They are constantly working to expand and improve the system.

Cons

Occasional down time can be frustrating with less than satisfactory communication regarding the problem.

Ali

Great

Pros

Every time I work with Lynn w she always helps to solve my issues and usually ends up teaching me something new!

Cons

Some of the operations take too many steps to get to the end result , could be streamlined a little bit.

bruce

Shapenet Review

My experience has been nothing less than Quality. The rep is always there when we need her assistance.

Pros

Easy capability with members & billing.

Cons

I have zero cons with Shape software. I have nothing negative to say.

Scott

Overall pretty good

The biggest benefit is that it Web-Base and our old system was not, but for the most part I think they all are now.

Pros

Web-based and the functions that are there are for the most part fairly easy to use. The more you use it, the more valuable it is.

Cons

Doesn't really give me a true picture of my overall profit now or compared to previous years. HTML emails are difficult We would like to be able to schedule Tanning minutes

Response from ShapeNet

We appreciate the feedback Scott. we're glad you're benefiting from a cloud/web system. regarding not being able to see financial info compared to different time periods, please look at the Financial Summary Comparison report. you should be able to get the info you need. We are working on an easier solution with the HTML rich emails. we will be pre-loading some ready to use emails. reach out to our support regarding the tanning minutes. our system should be able to manage that for you. Larry King Founder and CEO

Donnie

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Very good company and lots of support

Drafting, inventory, drip emails, video on demand

Pros

All the features are easy to use. Easy to set up and learn to use. Great support.

Cons

I like it all. No complaints. No issues at all.

Reasons for choosing ShapeNet

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on top of the great software they offer

changed gyms