• Pros

• "Easy to use and saves a lot of time when it comes to programming for both individuals and groups."

• "Makes it super easy to organize and prioritize training programs for clients, and they are constantly improving the application. It's the best of its kind out there and customer service is great."

• "I like that it is easy to use for both myself and clients, it keeps everything I need organized. "

• Cons

• "Load times can be frustrating when first opening the site. Otherwise I find this a very good product to use. "

• "A few glitches from time to time, only an iso app so far. But the customer service is great and they fix issues quickly"

• "Sometimes it takes a little time to load because it is so comprehensive, but it more than makes up for it with ease of use."

Browse TrueCoach Reviews

Andrew from QTown CrossFit

Best programming software I have used

I have no longer had to rely on using an excel or google sheets type format that is awkward for writing and can get confusing the longer you use it. Clients love the ease of use of TrueCoach and communication has never been better.

Pros

Do you want to spend more time then is necessary programming? This software greatly enhances your ability to effectively and efficiently deliver programming to clients. Reviewing results and communication is seamless. Its design allows for organizing what your plan is and then translating that to a program that delivers it in an attractive format . Their new app is incredible.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little slow to respond, something I know they are working on

Response from TrueCoach

Replied January 2019

Thank you for the kind words Andrew. We truly appreciate your support.

Kyle from Simplistic Strength

TrueCoach: Truly Amazing!

The biggest benefit I've noticed is a time saver. From dealing with spreadsheets and emails in the past, I was always sifting back and forth trying to find and track information. TrueCoach has made that a breeze, so I can focus more on client service, rather than waste time.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it's made for coaches who not only LOVE to program exercise and training programs, but also want ease of use to quickly write programs to see progressions and client results. From the bench mark features, to 'exercise history' features, TrueCoach has it all. I'm able to track any data I want on my clients and see their history with the assessments as well. The notifications work just like Facebook, so there's no confusion on notifications you've seen or not read. The video aspect is HUGE for me and my clients because I like my clients uploading their film of exercises. Through TrueCoach, I'm able to slow the video down, do a screen capture video, and send it right back to them with critiques and praise in a matter of minutes.

Cons

What I 'don't like' about the software was the transition from 'FitBot' to 'TrueCoach'. I think 'FitBot' was a more fitting name and told people what they were getting, but they wanted to rebrand and come out with an app. The app is knew and has some bugs, so I have my clients save the website on their home screen. It acts better than the app (until improvements are made) and it's more user friendly. It's a growing pain that they'll get past, but it's a slight annoyance for now.

Keith from Revival Strength

Still pleased with TrueCoach!

Overall, I still find TrueCoach very valuable to me!

Pros

It delivers the program to the client automatically. Updates are immediate. Communication is seamless. Features are easy to use. Response time for help is quick and helpful. It's organized pretty well.

Cons

There are some things that I still use Google Drive for that I feel could be in TrueCoach. Going back and forth wastes some time.

Response from TrueCoach

Replied January 2019

Thank you for such an honest review Keith. We appreciate your support and are hard at work to deliver the best solution possible for our community. We would love to learn what features google drive is still providing for you.

Chad from SEDulous Performance Athletics

Excellent for Programming. Not Business Admin

Truecoach was great for me as a personal trainer. It has now become and additional expense as a business owner. It lacks an emailing system, attendance software, in depth/automatic payment processing, an android app, income reports, store, etc. Its missing 90% of what is required to run a fitness facility. However if you are a personal trainer and nothing more, to for it!

Pros

The personal programming portion is pretty incredible absolutely love it. It keeps track of all results from day one

Cons

The payment system is largely lacking. Lack of an Android app, iPhone only No fitness business admin aspects at all

Anna from AM Strength

The best out there!

Overall, I have used this software for 3 years now and I wouldn't change to anything else. Best out there!

Pros

I love being able to copy and paste training sessions onto the next week. Editing is super simple and my clients always get what they need. Responses are sent real-time and I can do everything from my phone if I have to.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little slow with the video uploads. Which can be frustrating for my clients.

Reasons for Choosing TrueCoach

Ease of use, no formulas, and customer support.

Clayton from Clayton Johnson Fitness

Best online platform so far

I had a great trial run with TrueCoach. I am choosing them for my online training clients. I'm looking forward to new features shortly.

Pros

I've used a few different online training platforms, but TrueCoach has been the easiest to navigate for me and the client. Has a clean look and has a good exercise library with correct form shown unlike some other platforms.

Cons

There isn't a payment processing option, but is in work according to TC support. Has a few less features compared to competitors, but I know they have a lot in the works.

Alexa from Alexa Georgoulis Fitness & Nutrition

Hands Down Best Programming Software!

Pros

There are many aspects of True Coach that I love. I love that I can not only attach exercise demo videos for my clients to see, but also that they can also attach videos of themselves doing the exercises for me to give feedback on. Additionally, I like that using the software allows me to keep track of past workouts, PRs, weights that clients used in exercises programmed, etc.. which makes it my job as a coach easier to progress clients appropriately. Furthermore, I just think that using the program appears much more professional than just sending out workouts via email or spreadsheets.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing really that comes to mind that I don't like about this software. Maybe the only thing that would be nice to have would be some sort of way to invoice/collect payment from clients each month or maybe even to just send a reminder to collect payment from clients (even if its though a different app like venmo/paypal).

Giulia from Body by G Coaching by G

How True Coach makes me a better coach

Organizing my clients progress in a way that is meaningful and observable for them and for me.

Pros

True Coach is not only a great library (and one that I can add to) of exercises to use for prescribing training its a system that allows me to keep each one of my clients organized in a way that no other software captures as well.

Cons

It would be great if it allowed payment and acted as a CRM. There TRULY is no good fitness CRM--none get the fitness industry and especially not this model. The CRMs out there are based on group fitness model not on individual design.

Reasons for Choosing TrueCoach

Ease of use, Library of videos, support--and constant updates--Its a living product that changes with its users.

Sam from Between The Bumpers

True Coach Review

Truecoach continues to develop and grow as my team does. I'm very happy with the overall experience and I've been using true coach for nearly three years now!

Pros

The ability to track, manage, and program for a large number of athletes makes job of any strength coach that much easier using the true coach software. It is clean, easy to use, and very reliable. The software team is always quick to add new features and update the program.

Cons

as a Canadian sometimes the currency exchange makes the monthly membership a little expensive, but with a scaled billing program great starter program for anyone looking to start training athletes online.

Mike from CrossFit Dubuque

Great Software

Great customer service, pretty shallow learning curve.

Pros

I use this to deliver workout programs to my remote clients. It is wonderful for communication on the fly, I can see everything on one screen. It's very easy to adapt in new movements or structures. My only beef is does limit you to smaller remote client loads. Working with a larger client base does cause an uptick in my overhead. I think it is a little pricey, but that's my opinion. Smaller client loads - it's great and pretty cost effective.

Cons

Cost. Everything else is pretty solid. I'd like a little lower price point

Ben from Performance Driven Athlete

Constantly improving!

TrueCoach has made my business experience much improved. It has allowed me to do what I love to do, spend more time working with and developing programs for athletes. It beat the heck out of using spreadsheet after spreadsheet to create workouts, share information and trouble receiving the appropriate data from the client. The TrueCoach team is constantly listening to feedback with a goal of being the best training software available. I do highly recommend TrueCoach over the other platforms that I have seen.

Pros

The interaction between the client is one of my favorite qualities. It is now easy to upload unique videos that can be accompanied by videos or explicit detail. It is also now possible to download videos that the clients upload, making it easier to either share their success or anaylze on a platform better suited for this type of detail. Designing workouts is super easy, and the use of video demonstration is one of the favorite for clients. The other thing is, their team is constantly trying to improve the platform and make it the perfect blend for the coaches and athletes.

Cons

I use multiple screens and have to refresh each one each time in order to get my up to date changes. I once received a message and did not refresh a 3rd screen and it remained for several weeks after I read it and cleared it out of another screen. Retrieving past exercise history for some specific needed data is not super clean. You still have to filer through chronological date order to receive much of the information you might be looking for. Also when creating metric (repeatable workout information) sets, it's still a detailed process to go through all of the steps to get the workout information out to each client. It would be easiest if you could desing a workout, and then copy and past it, howerver you still have to write it in, but could copy and paste it as soon as you write it in for one client. There are other platforms that this is the case. This would make it easier if there were older workouts that turned out to be a really good measure of their fitness, however, it is not easy to go back through and find that data after the fact. Many other people from a coaching persepctive really want an app, but for me that is not as much of a priority.

Frank from NL Fitness

Fit Bot to TrueCoach the app keeps getting better and...

Solving the problem of what did the client do 3 months ago in their program. Can take notes which any of the coaches I bring on later can see. Clients enjoy it and can use it without me having to use a slide show to explain to them how to use it.

Pros

Where to start? Well, I keep liking more and more about this software as the company keeps growing.I've been a user for 3 years plus. They keep adding more features, hosting webinars and other digital products that further develop me as a coach. The client side of the app looks and feels amazing! Honestly, it looks like I pay a lot for this software. Super easy to use, super easy to connect with clients through the app if you just do online coaching. They keep upgrading!! Oh, wait I said that already, well that's because it's a PRO! Once when I first started using it I had set up the wrong card and I called in on a Saturday, freaking out and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answered the phone, troubleshot the issue and because I didn't have the right card on me, did some TrueCoach magic and gave me a few days to set things right.

Cons

I've yet to find any, honestly, the team deals with bugs super quick and you have to consider the multiple device platforms the coaching side works on and with. Ahh, I guess because I've yet to receive doughnuts in the mail for my loyalty?

Reasons for Choosing TrueCoach

Full FREE Trial, ease of use and ability to upload my own videos. No longer had to flip through pages upon pages of older client programs to see how I could progress or what needed to be modified.

The best option for individual fitness programming.

Our team loves TrueCoach. Other platforms I've used, especially in the functional fitness realm, can be limiting to certain types or styles of workouts. If I can dream it up, I can program it in TrueCoach. TrueCoach has greatly opened up our ability to remote coach effectively. It allows us to have a higher level of communication and connection with our off-site AND on-site clients through its multiple touchpoints from workout results, to comments, to chat features.

Pros

Go beyond simply assigning sets and reps. The more freeform style of TrueCoach allows you to program more complex pieces and add nuance while still providing great organization of training cycles, weeks and individual workouts. I would love to see where they can go with the metrics tracking but it's already come a long way in the two years I've been using the software. TC seems to really listen to the coaches using the platform and continue to upgrade and innovate to improve the efficiency and experience of programming workouts. The addition of an iPhone app also greatly improved my client's experience by making it even easier to access workouts, communicate via message, access movement demo videos and smoothly upload their videos for me to review.

Cons

Rarely, but on occasion, the screen will freeze up and/or not save the workout I'm in as intended. If the internet connection isn't stellar this seems to happen quite a bit more. Most noticeable when traveling and using other wifi sources. I've gotten home from trips and had people ask if I really wanted them to do the same workout 3 times? It hadn't shown that way on my end but clearly kept re-saving which was obvious when logging back in later.

Response from TrueCoach

Replied February 2019

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so thankful for them.

Charles from CrossFit La Sarre

even trump couldn't create trump-bot

saved time improved communication

Pros

multimedia playing is easy = we can create, share, upload, download videos so easily, communications with clients are easy. You guys are so quick to implement stuff. The ''print'' button took 5 days to be alive.

Cons

I always need to program on my comp and I notice my sight is getting poorer. Lol That would be awesome to wanna see my clients day of training on the same page, so trainers on floor would be able, on a glance, to know who does what today walking around the gym. But that's really because this field can't be left blank. Also, maybe sharing workouts online on the socials would be cool. I could tag my friend on FB or IG saying : hey bro! Look at my PR, my video, etc. Then you add your fitbot logo and you are all over the place. (I'll take 10% for the idea :P ), then those comments you appear in the comments sections of the socials AND Fitbot. maybe sending automatic emails to clients that show up maybe sync some info of Zen planner/other software with Fitbot ?! maybe integrate a superslow to the video API? Maybe add a dropbox feature in each client profile, so i could modify docs on the spot easily AND take photos in png format and do my consults follow ups. maybe add a program design planification sheet option into each clients profile so we can get estimates of ''how long before client X increase X mvt/workout'' (if you need more info on that let me know I'll explain). you guys are awesome.

Response from Fitbot

Replied June 2017

Thanks for the the review Charles. Glad to hear you enjoy the ability to print out your clients daily workouts! We appreciate your feedback and will work hard to keep improving the platform.

Matt from OPEX Fitness

All virtual coaches will one day use Fitbot. Not a question of if, but when they choose to adopt.

Pros

My path in virtual coaching started entirely manual, adopting systems from several electronic formats like email and Drive. This process, which now looks archaic, resulted in an entire workday per week to catch up with non-automated tasks. These tasks ranged from sending workouts, collecting results, engaging in outreach, hunting down Youtube videos, etc. Fitbot slashed all of those manual process, I had to learn on the fly, and drafted them into an automated system. In summary, you could say my favorite aspect about Fitbot is the 'admin' work it does behind the scenes for me. I get to do more coaching, and less busy-work necessary to the management of clients.

Cons

The software is still in it's infancy, and I do not default that. Universally humans are striving for connectivity. Ironically in an age of immediate internet access globally, our race is as LEAST connected as ever. Fitbot does provide depth in the connection of client-to-coach. However, Fitbot is missing client-to-client interactions. In the system of OPEX, for example, our immediate goal is to reach 1,000 simultaneous clients in a virtual system. My challenge to Fitbot is creating echosystems where that volume of individuals can meaningfully connect with tribes of 50-150 people like them. They need to feel engaged with seeing others' results and progressions, not watered down with a potential never-ending stream of results.

Response from Fitbot

Replied June 2017

Thanks for the review Matt! We appreciate all of the feedback you've given us over the past few years. We've got some awesome new features in the works, can't wait to get them out in the wild!

Perrin from Requisite Fitness

Review for TrueCoach

Overall, I've been extremely happy with TrueCoach and their customer service over the years. Communication has been improved over time as they've grown their team. Like I said previously, there have been some one-off issues in the past that disrupted my processes but were solved. After experimenting with similar software, nothing compares to TrueCoach.

Pros

TrueCoach has provided a tool for me to be able to better communicate with my clients. Before TrueCoach I would spend countless hours messing with spreadsheets, email, and text messages. Their platform has allowed me to streamline my process so I can communicate better and more efficiently. The company is constantly innovating and reaching out to their clients for feedback that drives their improvements.

Cons

Any software in its infancy will always have bugs and need improvements. Over the years there have been some issues that disabled usability or didn't allow me to access a feature at certain times. All in all, none of them have been a huge deal and they were eventually remediated. I'd like is billing/payment processing ability, but I know that has been in the works for a while long and assume there are good reasons it doesn't exist yet. The product works much better for individuals over teams. I'd love a platform where I could communicate with a team or group all at once vs solely in individual profiles. I.E. a chatroom or group similar to what exists on Facebook.

Marcus from MVMNTCoach

Review of TrueCoach

Apart from just making my job easier, TrueCoach for sure adds value both in selling a client but client retention. I am not really competing with another coach, I am competing with Netflix, Pelaton, and other visually appealing and ease of use mediums by which someone can easily get a workout for the 10th of what I charge.

Pros

All Clients in one place Easily write workouts and have circuits distinct from one another visibly Ability to comment on each section Upload videos to each workout

Cons

I would like a video database. Say over a year a client uploads 50-100 videos. Instead of having to find them or download each one it would be great to just have a client video database, where I can see all the videos, and each also has a link that takes me to the workout it represents. I want an app for the coach for writing workouts on the go. Fortunately, I live a very boring life and am always home so I can typically respond to a client, change a workout on the fly, etc. However on the rare occasion, I go out, and a client needs something changed or just wants a workout that day, an app for the coach would make this much easier obviously.

Mike from Fuel Your Potential

A MUST for any On-Line Coach

Overall - IT IS AMAZING!!! Response from the support team is QUICK and always answer my questions.

Pros

TrueCoach has a great video library and resources to leverage when building out programs for clients. Adding clients is easy and very intuitive. The flexibility with how to write the workouts is so useful - you can do supersets, circuits or just prescribe simple sets and reps.

Cons

It takes a little getting used to - especially how to move exercises around within a day. Sometimes they get a little buggy and don’t land in the right spot. Another issue is when I copy and past workouts, it jumps a little and I have to pay close attention to what day I am editing - I have caught myself editing the wrong day and having to course correct. The lack of ability to charge clients through the app is a sore point. Hopefully this update will happen sooner than later. I have held off on trying a 3rd party option and I am getting tired of chasing clients through PayPal. It would be best if it was all through TrueCoach.

Response from TrueCoach

Replied January 2019

Thanks for your feedback Mike. We are so happy that the platform is so easy to use, and we totally understand your frustration with the payment function. Just know we are working tirelessly to get it done.

Jordan from Maximum Potential Fitness

Fitbot/TrueCoach

It does increase my programming time and it is a great way to deliver my clients their workouts and create a streamline and cohesive business platform for me. it allows me to communicate with my clients efficiently and also allows for some distance between my clients and I when i am "not on the clock" from the old days of my cell phone for communication and emailing or google drive files....

Pros

The easy to use interface makes it great for setting up individual clients. Programming fast is easy, saving me time.

Cons

the software does limit to me to just a one on one with clients, and having season groups that I do offer, running programs or athletic teams I have had to get another software system to handle these groups, so i now have 2 payments and 2 different interfaces that my gym uses. Also a payment processing option i would have utilized initially, as i have had to use another software system to run all of that as well... it would be nice to have it all on one place. Also, app for android users...

Response from TrueCoach

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the feedback Jordan. We hope to have a payment function in the near future, hopefully we can cut down some of the platforms you are using. We are continually focused around building out the best platform possible, so we appreciate hearing your pain points.

James from Strength Matters Ltd

Great Software: One for the future

Exceptional. Great team. Great product. Highly recommend.

Pros

TrueCoach is perfect for the trainer/coach who wants to implement a personalized service. Easy to use, great features and always new ideas coming out. They put the end user and trainer first in the experience.

Cons

1. No andoid app (yet) 2. No connection to health and fitness trackers such as fitbit/apple health to pull in steps/heart heath. 3. No connection to pull in data from say garmin for people who do endurance sports. Minor points, but just nice ideas for the futuer.

Best experience.

Casey from Braski Sports corp and Hotmomz Lifestyle LLC

Online Trainer that Scaled

positive all the way!!! the negatives aren't really negatives because every coach is different. they thought of everything and I KNOW how expensive software is to build. Good job team

Pros

There's a LOT- the features like copy, paste and programming- I am able to load programs, tweak per client and save time. NO SPREADSHEETS!!!! no back and forth email communication. There's places to track lifts and the exercise history is awesome as well. money is - a GREAT DEAL for what you get!!!! I love how you can add coaches. honestly- I am VERY thankful for TC! thank you thank you!

Cons

you can attach your third party nutrition app- The diet side of things only allows you to put directions and macros- I use a software system so my clients have to log out of TC and go to my diet software which is ok. I wish they had a way to build % into workouts like, week 1 is 60% of their max- week 2 is 70% and it pre calculates based on what you have written down as their max. and one last - for progress pictures- if it could put them in a side by side and or tell you how much fat was lost or muscle gained per their body comp. I also add check in's- metrics allows me to do that but it's not very user friendly

TrueCoach Changes the Coaching+Client Experience

Overall, my experience with TrueCoach has been fabulous. If you are a coach and do not use TrueCoach yet, what are you waiting for?!

Pros

As both a client and a coach I love that I am able to easily switch from one account to another. From a coaching standpoint it allows me to be more efficient and thorough than any other platform I have used before. The level of detail I am able to track for each client is second to none (plus it is easy to do so). As a client of a coach who also uses TrueCoach, the site is super user friendly and consistent.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything bad to say. It always seems that the TrueCoach team is working to fix any bugs or inconveniences as soon as they come up and they are constantly working on improving the platform. If there are ever any cons, they don't stay that way for long.

Michael from OPEX Fitness

The smoothest programming and coaching experience I've ever encountered in a decade of coaching.

This software has allowed me to increase productivity, increase my revenue, and most importantly, provide better coaching to my clients all over the world.

Pros

This software is fantastic at creating efficiency with client management. What I love most about this software is that I have been able to quadruple my client load, and triple my income in under 18 months. All while actually working less because of the seamless interface. The updates they constantly push only help improve not only the coaching experience for a coach but also the client's experience. This software is what lets me, as a professional strength coach, reach countless more athletes around the globe.

Cons

I do not like that this software is not available on the current iOS or Android systems as an application.

Response from Fitbot

Replied June 2017

Michael, thanks for the review. Excited to hear how you've been able to 4X your client load and 3X your income in under 18 months using Fitbot! We're hard at work on a native iOS app for clients in addition to the current mobile web app. Stay tuned!

Brian from Balance Gym - Capitol Hill

A must for any personal trainer

I went from only having influence on my clients' training the 1-2 days/week I would see them, to being able to impact their entire week. My clients have seen this as a value bump, which has led to an increase in retention rate.

Pros

There's an extensive exercise library, but I can also easily add my own OR change the name of a video that's already included. It's super simple to build workouts, track progress, and they keep adding great features to improve efficiency.

Cons

They're constantly improving so this could very well be taken care of by the time I finish writing the review, but I think the Nutrition feature leaves something to be desired from the coaching side of things. I think it would be cool if they built in some sort of macro-calculator, rather than having to do it through a third-party app and transfer over. Not that the latter is too hard to do, but I think if FitBot wants to be a one-stop shop for online coaches, then a macro-calculator is the last missing piece.

Nicole from Evidence Based Athlete

Game changer for remote coaching

True Coach (formerly fitbot) as been a game changer for our remote coaching business. Increased client feedback / interactions as well as streamlining our individual programming has been awesome. Clients also really like the new iphone app for viewing training as well as recording their results.

Pros

Ease of communication and feedback with clients One system for tracking training progress, PR's, progress pictures as well as outlining training programs Facilitates the ability to develop individual training programs for clients remotely without additional spreadsheets.

Cons

A minor detail, but I wish there was an easier way to save clients PR videos as part of their benchmarks. To my knowledge, you have to download their video, then reupload to the benchmark section for this to be saved with their PR data.

Response from TrueCoach

Replied January 2019

Thank you Nicole! We are honored that TrueCoach has been a valuable investment for you so far. Great idea on the PR Tracking and video storage. We will look into it for sure.

Ayn from Pioneer Valley Crossfit

pros and cons

This software has completely changed my coaching career for the better. Without it I would never have been organized enough to start writing remote programming for clients and the app made the experience so professional and strealined for my clients. I honestly don't know where my career would be without it...seriously.

Pros

I love the ease and user friendliness of the software. The video library was a real game changer.

Cons

As a gym owner who requires my coaches to use truecoach for their personal training and remote coaching clients and who pays for their accounts, I wish there was a centralized/gym owned account option for multiple coaches so i can manage all their billing receipts, track how many clients I am paying for and their overall usage. This is really my only complaint.

Wesley from Fitness Academy HK

Great for online programming for clients

I am enjoying using truecoach as a tool for my clients that want individualized workouts to do on their own. Keeps the spreadsheets away and truecoach has a good platform to track results.

Pros

Able to send clients workouts to do. Great that it has videos that go with movements so clients can use it as references.

Cons

Does not have app for android platform yet. Doing the programming on a phone is not very friendly. If a client inputs multiple sets prior to a 1RM for a max lift, truecoach doesn't seem to be able to pick up the largest number in the results and fails to update the new 1RM.

Response from TrueCoach

Replied February 2019

Thank you Wesley! We are so happy to hear your clients are enjoying the app. Great suggestion on the 1rm calculator. We will look into what it takes to do one.

David from MSP Fitness

Coaching made easier

Overall very happy with my experience using TrueCoach.

Pros

- Instantly see client progress - track metrics - video demos for clients to easily see - easy for clients to upload pictures and videos - everything all in one place for messaging, tracking and coaching clients

Cons

Would like to see additional functionality to setup non workout related reminders for clients. For example: drink water with lemon juice in the morning every day. Can do it by typing up as a workout, but would be cool to have streamlined as a separate thing.

Reasons for Choosing TrueCoach

I forgot the name of the other product I tried, but like truecoach much better.

A year and a half in...

I tried a trial membership with Trainerize and didn’t like the limited formatting as it didn’t vibe with my style or flow of training. TrueCoach has been much more cohesive from the get go and their customer service when I’ve had questions has always been quick, easy and super friendly.

Pros

Overall, the ease and flexibility of the platform suits my needs superbly. Learning the software from my clients’ perspective has been intuitive and easy for the most part, which ultimately makes my job easier.

Cons

I wish you could delete specific exercises from the preloaded library rather than it being an all of nothing disabling option. I know they’re working on adding functionality for taking payments, as well as a coach’s app, but those are two areas that are currently missing at the moment. I also wish we could have a more complete client profile with their address info, too.

Brandon from Evidence Based Athlete

Awesome product for program design/ coaching

True Coach has been an excellent addition to our coaching business.

Pros

True Coach has streamlined our workflow of writing training programs as well as facilitated communication with our clients. Before True Coach we were using email and google docs- it was cumbersome and time consuming. Switching to True Coach allows us to be much more efficient with our time as well as receiving and giving client feedback via messages and video attachments within their training program.

Cons

I really haven't had many issues. There will occasionally be a software glitch, but the True Coach IT team is quick to respond and update any fixes that need to be made.

Mathew from Mathew Freeman Fitness

Happy User

Having a singular software system has truly helped me, coach clients, remotely and have one place of communication​. Gone are the days of was that a text, email, or DM.

Pros

The thing that I like about True Coach is the ease of workout creation, the use of metrics and the nutrition graphs that are created from user input. It has helped me show clients​ their progress over time and helps to highlight areas of achievement or areas falling short very easily.

Cons

The thing that I wish we were able to do a little easier is log nutrition or have it integrate with something like myfitnesspal so users did not have to track​ and then input but I understand why that is not the case.

Richard from WolfPack Training

Life Saver

Overall TrueCoach is a lifesaver. I can keep in contact with my clients easily and make sure they are understanding their programs. I recommend TrueCoach to all my colleagues to use. Thank you for this and keep up the great work.

Pros

I love that it is a place for me and my clients can save progress. It makes it easy to progress my clients without the hassle of fumbling through paperwork. I love the video library for my remote clients. They are able to refresh their memory and technique for movements.

Cons

I wish it had the ability to enter WODs and HIIT workouts that could be saved to compare times in future. Video library has many of the same movements with different names.

Response from TrueCoach

Replied February 2019

Richard, We are so happy TrueCoach has been a valuable resource to your business and thank you for the suggestion. We are constantly striving to make TC the best possible product we can.

Thomas from Satellite Fitness

True Coach Review

Organization is key. This reduces stress, and saves me time, which ultimately means MONEY. I think this product was built by people who UNDERSTAND what I do for a living. I have not tried other software because TC fulfills all my needs. Customer service has also been outstanding since day one. I hope it stays that way.

Pros

It helps me scale my business. It's well-organized, and saves me TIME!

Cons

Some of the commands could be smoother. For example- when I copy/paste workouts, the screen will shift up, and all of a sudden I am editing a workout that I had not intended. I would also like to be able to access two different true coach accounts on the same browser. Finally, an app for android would be great.

Sean from Heavy Metal Barbell Club

Efficiency

Automation of workout deliver is great. And providing a single platform to provide video feedback and communicate with clients.

Pros

I like how easy it is to drag, drop, copy, paste, assign a template, or just plain start writing a workout. It is a massive time saver just being setup in this format compared to a competitor like TrainHeroic.

Cons

The metrics are just a little lacking in my opinion and could use a bit of an upgrade. I'd like to be able to Mass Assign Metric tracking on a template. Or require the user to input the correct response when a metric is being tracked. It's very common for a client to upload their warmup attempts or some side notes in the logging section for an exercise. This type of input makes using a metric for tracking completely useless when it's not simply a numeric value.

Mason from OPEX Plaza Midwood

Plug and Play!

Outstanding experience! The TrueCoach team is quick to respond and quick to offer solutions and fully open to receiving feedback from the market on how to grow.

Pros

TrueCoach is phenomenal program that makes designing personal training programs and training templates seamless and efficient. It has cut down on the time it takes to enter programing for clients and long term planning which has allowed me to take on more clients without sacrificing the quality of out offering.

Cons

It doesn't lean itself to team training as well as personal training. It would be a great feature to be able to access if there was an option to assign team training with a group board.

Reasons for Choosing TrueCoach

Better platform for Personal Training / Individual Design. Better coach/client communication platform.

Laurent from Smart Fitness Coaching

TrueCoach review

Overall a very good experience so far (2 years), all my clients are happy with the software as well. Simple and efficient. Few things can be improved like Android app (for client and coaches) and being able to switch account directly from the app.

Pros

Easy to use and quick access to client's programs. Being able to add a video to an exercise and being able to write an exercise name without being forced to choose one from the provided library. Overall layout (calendar view etc...).

Cons

Access to client's metrics not easily accessible on a smartphone. No Android app Switching from different TrueCoach accounts, forced to log off and log in.

Steven from Coastal Fitness

If you are serious about coaching, this service is for you!

I love it. I don't really have any real complaints. Even the comment above is being a bit picky but honest feedback for the developers.

Pros

*Ease of use *Functionality *Customer service *Just an all around great product for my needs

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is exercise selection organisation. When searching for a movement while programming a workout, the search results aren't always ideal. I sometimes have to be very specific in order to find the exercise I want. When you have hundreds, potentially thousands of movements in your library, it can be difficult to remember exactly how you set up the movement.

Steve from OPEX Fitness Regina

Game Changer

Everything is kept together for all of my coaches so if there is ever an issue all of the coaches have the ability to view a clients programming and provide an even better floor experience to the clients.

Pros

TruCoach has made it very easy for myself and the coaches in my gym to co-ordinate all of our clients programming, it allows me the peace of mind knowing that everything is kept in one location and no more spreadsheets and emails are needed to communicate programs to clients.

Cons

I wish the nutrition component was a bit more robust and would allow for client food tracking similar to My Fitness Pal.

Michael from Elkhorn Valley Fitness

FitBot has allowed us to transition our business model into a better deliverable for our clients.

Simplicity.Period.

Pros

The software was designed in a manner that is extremely helpful for individual design. The advisory group that works with the FitBot team is aligned with our same mindset so we see the benefit first hand when new enhancements are released.

Cons

We need a native app for the software. This is a common request from our clients. All of our coaches use the software for their own programs (they have coaches) so we are clients of FitBot as well as end-users. This is something that will help move my rating on Features&Functionality from 3 stars to a higher ranking.

Sean from Active Life

Fitbot has been a fundamentally valuable tool for our company. It's our most valuable resource.

They were business changing. We couldn't do what we do without it.

Pros

Ease of use, quality o delivery system to athletes, communication, ability to upload and place videos

Cons

the calendar changing monthly for copy paste purposes is a pain in the ass. the first week of every month is annoying. The inability to put notes INSIDE the program on a given date that athletes cannot see. I'd like to put my goals for an athlete in their program on their calendar without them seeing.

Response from Fitbot

Replied June 2017

Thanks for the review Sean, you've been an awesome customer and valuable resource since the beginning. We'll continue to work hard to improve Fitbot going forward.

Christopher from Kingfield Barbell

TrueCoach is great!

I wanted a more professional way to send workouts to my clients and I was looking for ways to be more efficient. It does both those 2 things.

Pros

When I was thinking about trying TureCoach, I was hesitant. I said to myself, "I could do the same on Google Docs". After trying it out, that was not the case. The features and organization that TrueCoach have make the experience great! I am much more efficient with my time when programming on TrueCoach.

Cons

I wish they had spreadsheets that I can just open up and have everything in one place, but it works just fine without it.

Quinn from ClinicalAthlete

Best Coaching Software Available

My experience has been fantastic. TrueCoach has allowed me to centralize my coaching business.

Pros

The functionality is great and easy to use. It provides a value add for my clients, as they appreciate being connected with me through a high-quality medium. The customer service is extremely responsive as well.

Cons

If you're used to using excel sheets for programming, using TrueCoach can take some getting used to; but that comes with anything new.

Reasons for Choosing TrueCoach

I had experimented with TrainHeroic a bit, and like the Functionality and interface of TrueCoach better.

Roman from TRIBE Performance

I have cut down countess hours in my week by using TC. They have allowed me to give more time to other parts of my business and life while also increasing the user experience for my clients.

Pros

If you are designing and delivering programs for people in any way, then TC is for you. It streamlines the way you can design training plans and delivers it in a professional way that makes your business look much better. The features and capabilities of the service are constantly growing with the consumer in mind.

Cons

No cons with this product. I have been a user for 3 years.

Mischa from OPEX North Scottsdale

True Coach

Would love if it had a billing system, or a way to communicate with billing systems.

Pros

There is no other software like this. It makes managing clients very simple and allows for increased client load. After transitioning from google spreadsheets, i have never looked back.

Cons

App has some kinks to work out. Video uploader can be finicky sometimes, especially for longer videos. Exercise search function from programming screen has some issues as well. Constant updating, which is good, but continuous changes to functionality decreases efficiency as well.

TrueCoach > TheFitBot

Pros

This is a massive upgrade. The new app for the athlete is a big selling point and enhances the customer expert 10x

Cons

I wish they had an app for the Coach so I could manage my clients on the go. It would be especially useful for clients I train in person so I can enter results on the fly instead of later on at home.

Response from TrueCoach

Replied January 2019

We are so happy to hear TrueCoach has been able to add value to your clients with the app. We are working on building out the feature for the coach to build programs from the app, unfortunately we do not have a date to offer in that regard yet, just know we are hard at work on it.

Stephen from Cincinnati Strength & Conditioning

Simplified and streamlined my interactions w/both remote & in-house clients. Clients love it, too.

Again, streamlined my daily interactions w/clients and allowed for accelerated growth without worrying about whether I had organizational systems in place to handle that growth.

Pros

Having everything in one place, from the actual program to benchmarks, comments, videos, messaging, notes, etc. The software has dramatically increased my efficiency, allowing my client base to grow without worry.

Cons

Biggest issue is that I can't create programs without an internet connection. It does happen often, but it's a major problem when it does occur - trans-oceanic flights, vacationing in more remote locations, etc. A desktop version would be outstanding.

Response from Fitbot

Replied June 2017

Thanks for the review Stephen. Great to hear how Fitbot has helped centralize and streamline your training business. Offline support for trainers is definitely on the roadmap, stay tuned for more info on this. We're also hard at work on a native iPhone app for clients with better in-gym and offline capabilities.

Chad from KINETIX

Feedback of TrueCoach

Experience is and always has been top notch, the customer service team is quick to help and the software itself is constantly being evolved and updated to fit the needs of the customer.

Pros

The organization and communication aspects are awesome. The ability to edit and customize the product are easy to use and a valuable piece of the platform.

Cons

Not being able to have an app that is easy to use for both coaches and clients (since rectified).

Reasons for Choosing TrueCoach

A number of people that we knew and trusted in the industry both used and highly recommended TrueCoach. As a client on True Coach I got to see the customer end of the service and loved it so it was an easy choice.

Jennifer from Jennifer O'Neil

Makes my job easier!

TrueCoach allows me to be able to work from anywhere. This is especially important to me since I'm a mom with very active children!

Pros

I love that I can train my clients from anywhere! The built in messaging system allows me to respond to clients' questions quickly. I'm also able to add videos (even though the library is already extensive) and documents for my clients to learn more. It's easy to move workouts around, add in travel days, program in advance and on the fly. I also love that I can build workout programs that I can assign to my clients, so I'm not spending hours of time rewriting programming like I was before I started using TrueCoach.

Cons

I would like to be able to be able to have multiple options in the Nutrition section. Not all of my clients are tracking macros.

Andy from Fitness

Greatest Program for Individualised Coaching

Simple way to monitor a client and keep them accountable. Clients find it easy to use and keeps them motivated to train.

Pros

Clean format for programming workouts Easy to add custom videos to the library Can store programs, warm ups etc for repeated use Easy to keep track of any metric Ability for clients to upload pictures and videos Built in messaging

Cons

Sometimes the site is a little slow but usually solves itself quickly.

Response from TrueCoach

Replied February 2019

Thanks Andy! So happy it's been a valuable resource for you.

Ash from Functional fitness Bristol Ltd

Fitbot Review

Very pleased. It’s a smart professional piece of software that’s easy to use for coach and client. Constantly being progressed. If gives us great versatility to remote coach our clients.

Pros

Ease of use to store generic programmes and copy into calendars

Cons

There is no macro Cycle view. I want to be able to template the year and see it fully on the page. Then I can incorporate events, De loads peaks easily. I’d like to be able to scroll back to previous months without having to click back.