All Virtuagym Reviews

Oliver

Reviewed August 2018

BUSINESS PLANNING AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT

My business model required a software where we can prescribe and schedule exercise for business travellers and the Virtugym software has way exceeded our expectations and in fact has shaped our business plan much more than we could of antipated.

PROS

The software is extremely versatile which has shaped the business direction of our physical activity intervention for the corporate market. The number of exercises and activities listed in the library is amazing, you can really shape your fitness programming to any demographic, we specialise in corporate health and the library provides everything and more for our exercise prescription. Finally, I find that the using the animated personal trainer is really motivating for clients as they are not intimidated by a perfectly toned personal trainer, which can be demotivating, this tool enables you to look at the character and visualise that you can do the exercise demonstrated by looking at an illustration.

CONS

In the membership phase of setting up the software, it would be useful if you can delete membership you no longer wish to keep active, you can only disable them. However, when I asked a member of the customer support team did explain that other users accidentally deleted memberships, so this is why Virtuagym implemented the disable option. So I guess the users need to be more carefull.

Hi Oliver, Thank you so much for your amazing review and the time you took to write it! We are so happy that you and your customers are happy with our product. Of course, we are aware that we can always improve and therefore customers like you who spend time to give us valuable feedback are truly important to us. Hopefully we'll be able to find a more elegant solution to the membership deletion in the future! If you have any more feedback for us, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via chat or email! - Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

Replied August 2018

Nancy

Reviewed August 2020

Virtuagym for the solo business owner

They have been really receptive. When their rates did go up - I thought here we go again - and I would be switching software but we found a solution.

PROS

I run boutique private training studio, as well run group classes at another facility. Because I am a sole operator, in my research many of these services can be too expensive as they are geared for gyms and bigger studios. Virtuagym worked with me to design a package that met my needs and I really appreciate that.

CONS

The report system is geared towards gyms and recruiting new members. I have had the same members for years so would love to see reports broken down by product sold each month vs new members.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Mind body increased their rates substantially, which really impacts the small business owner. The only option I had with Mindbody was to cut out features of the package I was using to lower my overall cost, which meant I would have no monthly reports or be able to track group classes and token usage which was integral for me.

Dear Nancy, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our services! We're thrilled to hear that you found an all in one solution for your business to drive results and success while keeping it affordable. Your comments are very valuable to us, which is why we'd like to encourage you to continue providing us with feedback and ideas for us to improve the system every time we can! You can email us at support@virtuagym.com with suggestions such as the one you mentioned about reports and we'll be glad to embrace your petitions. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym Family!

Replied August 2020

Joost

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2016

VG can be big

I like VG because it offers it all. In the beginning the development went very fast, but lately I didn't see a lot of improvements. The small details make VG hard to work with. And also for training, I don't like it. It's to complex The supportservice is great and doing the best they can. I hope the development will show some results in the next year.

PROS

Virtuagym tries to be a total sollution, and will be that. But for no it's "in progress". Has a lot to offer. The foodapp is great Customer administrations is good, but need a lot of solvings Roster app is great. Easy overview of groupsessons and PT. Extra pay options are good.

CONS

Trainingsapp is to difficult to use. Takes to much time to search for excersises. App is not ready for Ipad. Customer administrations is not perfect, but for that goal it has to be perfect. It's so unhandy that you cannot undo your actions. Coachingapp is not usable to coach. I want to get a sigh when it's my cliënts birthday, when they want or need contact with an instructor. Taskapp is not easy to use.

Hi Joost, thank you for your honest and elaborate feedback! We are very sorry to hear that you feel Virtuagym is not offering the things you need as a total package at this point. Lately we have focused a lot of attention on creating new option in our Financial part. For example, we now offer recurring online payments for the whole world! Next to that, we've had updates like iCal/Google Calendar connection with the scheduling app, scanning your POS items with a barcode scanner, more check-in options and in the next update you'll see we've been working hard on a Walkthrough system for new (and existing) customers! In the upcoming months, we expect to release more features regarding invoices, but also a new Schedule and of course the long awaited Workout Editor. We are still working on that, it's just a huge project! We'd love to have a call to talk about important things you feel are missing and how we could improve your experience. I will contact you later this week! Regards, Floor

Replied July 2016

MWJ

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Good platform for personal trainers

PROS

Good platform for personal trainers. We have used it for several years for nutrition and training plans. Easy to use and good support when needed.

CONS

There are some features that could be added such as online courses, in-app messenger, and the loading speed could be improved.

Jessica

Reviewed December 2021

I love this product for my fitness studio!

I really appreciated the thorough training across multiple weeks on setting up the software to align with my brand & how to use it the way that best fits my needs as a small town fitness studio. The customer has been fabulous if I ever need to reach out, and my customers seem to enjoy the app experience. It’s great to have a community area that’s away from social media for them, plus they can track their progress & receive extra coaching from me there. It’s been a crucial part of my operation of a small, class-based boutique fitness studio over the last year!

PROS

I like that I have a custom app for my members to book the classes we schedule, and that it handles all of the transactions for memberships, goods, & services digitally. I don’t have a cash register in my fitness studio, and everyone can use this app.

CONS

My biggest struggles with the software are mainly due to tech issues to fully utilize the software AND represent all that I want to in the app, which are probably more due to user error.

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

The quick & helpful response to trying out the software + the customization options won me over.

Hello Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a valuable review. We work very hard to ensure we provide our customers with a high-notch product, so we are very appreciative to know that our efforts have been paying off. As for the difficulties you have had, you can always reach out to us at support@virtuagym.com for assistance and we will be glad to help! Team Virtuagym

Valarie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Great for clients, not yet great for the business end

We were super excited when we found this software, and thought it could do everything we needed. But as we got into the set up and transferring from our old system it was honestly a bit of a let down. It is a better experience for our clients and that is why we are sticking with it but really hope to see some development on the back end side of it so it allows us to more easily run our business.

PROS

The customer side of this is great. Being able to adjust the app as we want and the ability to program for clients right in the app is awesome. We are getting great reviews from our clients.

CONS

The business side of things need some work. There are very simple functions that the system can not yet do like; limit sale of a membership, integrate scheduling types (appointments, classes, enrollments), adjust membership and invoice dates (after expiry, adjusting payment processing...), payroll report function. It makes it a lot harder on our end to manage our business.

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

We THOUGHT it would do everything we needed and was some bonuses on the client side.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

We were not happy with the price increases of MB and the current functionality

Dear Valarie, Thank you for sharing your Virtuagym experience! We're glad to hear that our all in one solution has allowed your business to connect with your members while driving engagement and revenue. Also, your feedback is very relevant to us as we continue to strive to become the most complete and functional solution for our clients. Let us remind you to reach out whenever you need us by emailing our support team at support@virtuagym.com we'll make sure to address all questions and keep in mind any suggestions you may have to improve the system overall. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym family!

Replied July 2020

Amy

Reviewed January 2020

The WORST Customer Service ever....but really good App based system for workout tracking

I was attracted to them for their features, which I have not found a comparable replacement (maybe I'll will try programming my own in the future), but honestly, it is never going to be a one-stop shop as I was hoping with the way their system is going. I absolutely DREAD talking to their customer support system as they are very ignorant and stubborn about their policies, I think there have been a few people [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have been understanding of our issues and actually tried to help. Everyone else seems to think that our problems are not their problem, and don't really take the time to truly understand their own software. Payment system is absolute crap, you're better off using a different system like Stripe or Square. Their scheduling went down for a whole day and all we got was a "SORRY" e-mail. I mean...our customers were unable to book for a whole day which is several hundred dollars in revenue and that's all you can say? We switched to a different booking software when that happened. But I will most likely keep virtuagym for the fun features they have like the workout tracking and such (and also because I am inadvertently locked in for a 1-year contract that was never fully explained and keeps increasing because no one will take the charges off....yay.)

PROS

Their workout trackers are awesome. I love that they integrate with different companies (though maybe not particularly well) as I was trying to set up an integration with AccuroFit and after two month, it still seems they cannot figure out how to do this. I purchased their recommended bioimpedance scales which is great because we are able to run gym challenges, and members love being able to track their lifting workouts and have a workout player whenever they want. We regularly use the community portal aspects of the software and the app based system makes it easy to talk to members and send notifications about specific things.

CONS

Their salespeople are good. Good enough that with their features alone they can convince you to purchase a YEAR LONG subscription without trying it out. By the way, they don't ever explain to you what features you're paying for or when your pricing goes up, why that happened because you accidentally made some changes that affect your subscription. The customer support team/on-boarding team is absolutely dismal. From day 1, I felt like I was explaining to their support how their system worked. They have no idea what is going on and they basically give you 2 30 min phone calls and expect you to figure it out on your own (when they can't even figure it out). I wanted to setup a system that allowed for different credits and booking based on levels and their onboarding specialist asked me during our first phone call "What software did you switch from and why?" I explained that I switched from WellnessLiving and what I liked about them and person managing our account told me "Well maybe you should have stuck with them." They have an difficult system for trying to reach anyone to answer your questions. They use Zendesk, which is both incredibly confusing as it goes into (how I understand it) a central e-mail system which can take them 1-3 days to get back to you. At which point, they respond with very unhelpful advice or flat out ignorance. Also, their pay service integration sucks. It is very difficult to use them for bookkeeping and POS and I ended up just resorting to Square.

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

Price point and available features, including integrated community and workout trackers

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Needed more interactive community features and better integration with other products.

Dear Amy, We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the Tracking and the Community modules of our system but are devastated to hear that you had such negative experience with the service that you had received. We would love to reach out to you and see how we can improve the situation. Please check your in-box :)

Replied February 2020

Brian

Reviewed September 2020

Not Ideal for Small Business Users

I wasn't happy with the onboarding process as training was mostly independent and delay response time from support team. There was no option to buy out of 12 month agreement due to dissatisfaction with the product so you're left with a product that you dread to use. Only made use of their software for a couple months before switching to another product. Currently waiting for terms of agreement to expire so I don't have to see my account being billed by them.

PROS

I enjoyed the community board feature where updates can be posted in real time to the group/clients which promotes interaction. The app user friendly according to member feedback.

CONS

Not ideal for martial arts based businesses. The templates and features within the software seem catered more towards larger chain gyms/health clubs to track fitness stats important to personal training and traditional group fitness classes. The initial sales call made it appear that it would be easier for a small business to use, but it didn't feel like that at all.

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

I only considered this product because I was on a time crunch for my Grand Opening and I needed something simple (which it was not) and something inexpensive.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Way more user friendly. Onboarding was a more pleasant experience very timely responses from support staff. Setting up workflow management and students was extremely easy. Way less stress in how this manages my business

Dear Brian, Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that our community and engagement module has become such a great tool for you to connect with your members! Our main goal is to continue improving while providing our clients with the most seamless and complete all-in-one solution package. Your feedback will be definitely taken into consideration. If you ever need assistance, you can always reach out to us at support@virtuagym.com, we will be happy to help! With warm regards, The Virtuagym Team!

Replied September 2020

Dan

Happy with our service

It has been very beneficial to every day use. From setting up new membership to taking payments

PROS

Was easy to set up with the one on one help going over all features and way to use them. It make our book keeping easy and membership and payment management is awesome.

CONS

Tech support not available 24/7 if there is a problem can take days to fix. One of the features my members like most was when they scanned in at gym door it greeted them by name and told them how many credits they had left. One day it just stopped showing and after many phone calls still not back up.

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

After spending days and walk throughs with several different companies Virtuagym stood out.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Had to track membership in to many places and separate place for door system and separate for payments

Dear Dan, Thank you for providing us with your valuable insight. We are glad to hear about your positive experience with Virtuagym, and your feedback will be, of course, taken into consideration. As for the issue you mentioned you have been experiencing with the check-in system, please feel welcome to email us at support@virtuagym.com so we can look further into this and help you find a resolution! Team Virtuagym

Allie

Great tool for Personal Trainers

I’ve had a great experience between the Programming and the customer service.

PROS

The ability to create workouts with avatars for clients.

CONS

Schedule integration is a little confusing between the scheduler and Appointment Schedule. It would be a lot easier to manage if they communicated or were combined.

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

MINDBODY did not have the ability to create workouts with avatars and focused more on classes than individual clients from what I saw.

Dear Allie, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are thrilled to know that you have used the Coach module in such a good way. Lastly, merging the schedule and the appointment schedule is already part of our roadmap, so we will notify you, and the rest of our clients when this has been implemented. Please feel free to contact us at support@virtuagym.com if you need assistance. Team Virtuagym

Lina

Reviewed December 2019

What a nightmare

It’s been nothing but a headache and super frustrating.

PROS

Sounds cool with so many features, customer support is nice and helpful.

CONS

First of all t’s a pain to learn, it has all these features that instead of doing something right, they are all useless. Then since day one we had problems with it, creating embarrassing problems to our new members. From it not allowing members to signed up online, to charging their cards and not showing in our system, to having to get a different P.O.S system when at purchasing the system I was told it was going to work just fine but it was again useless. There are always issues I have to keep emailing support almost every week. Not sure how long they have been around but it seems like they are always fixing issues and have many features in Beta that might or might not work. On top you have to sign a 12 month agreement so you are pretty much stuck with them.

Reason for choosing Virtuagym

It sounded like it had everything in one system.

Dear Lina, We are glad that you had found our customer service to be of comfort while experiencing some issues with the system. While Virtuagym has been around for 12 years, just as any daring and growing technology we do experience growing pains from time to time. But we never wish for it to impact our clients negatively. We had taken your feedback seriously and will work on improving our customer experience to the highest level. Thank You!

Replied February 2020

Colten

Reviewed October 2021

Great customer service and timeliness!

Overall, I'm please with our new software company, Virtuagym. They've been able to answer any and all questions that we've had.

PROS

I love how user-friendly Virtuagym has been. From the sign up process to the member management, the system is very easy to work with.

CONS

The transition from our previous software company to Virtuagym could've got a little easier, specifically talking about the transferring of payment methods. We're struggling to get ALL of our current members involved with the app and to set up their payment methods.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

We were looking for more of a user-friendly system for our employees. Not only that, we wanted more of a cost effective solution to get our members involved at the gym. Virtuagym has done that for us, and more!

Dear Colten, Thank you for proving us with your valuable feedback! We work very hard to ensure we provide a high-notch and user-friendly system, so it truly means a lot to know that our efforts are paying off. On another note, we know that migrating to a new system might be hard, so please do not hesitate to contact us at support@virtuagym.com to better assist you with this matter. Again, we thank you for taking the time to rate us, we're very appreciative of your kind words. Team Virtuagym

Replied October 2021

Ryan

Reviewed February 2017

By far the BEST training software for Fitness Professionals!

I have been using Virtuagym since April 2016.. I have used other platforms for my business (Mindbody, AmStatz, MyPTHub).. Virtuagym is on another level. There is a reason why they are internationally recognized and used by gyms around the WORLD. What sets them apart from any other service out there is there database of exercises and the ability to demonstrate each movement without having to be sent to a youtube video. The workout builder is awesome and very easy to use. The ONLY problem I can say about it is I wish there was a way to switch between reps vs time on exercises, and allow a way to create supersets & circuits. I have been able to easily work around that by just adding a note in the specific workouts I create. And their customer service has already confirmed them working on updating that portion of the software. Speaking of customer service.. They are amazing! You can call them anytime and speak to a real person! If you email them about an issue, someone replies within an hour. Scheduling clients is super easy. The app allows clients to register for their classes and automatically tracks remaining sessions/credits. The nutrition side is great for holding clients accountable and works similarly to myfitnesspal, but better, mainly because it is integrated with the workout portion of the program allowing clients to track calories burned/consumed. As the trainer it allows us to monitor each client individually allowing the info to remain private between trainer/client. The software also has a online portal allowing you to create "groups".. This allows you to separate members and easily communicate with your entire team. Overall I absolutely LOVE Virtuagym. Whether you're running a small studio (like me) or managing a large capacity box gym, investing in Virtuagym will instantly separate you from your "competition", especially with the custom mobile app! *****5 STARS ALL DAY! *****

PROS

Everything! But most of all I like the Workout Builder. 2nd would be the "Online Portal"

CONS

The ONLY thing I wish they would update is the Workout Builder.. Offering buttons to more easily switch reps/time, type of workout (circuit, hiit, supersets). Also maybe a way to copy exercises if you are doing them more than once within a workout? Virtuagym has already confirmed they are working on updates. In the meantime I have been able to easily work around these by adding little notes within the specific workouts.

Hi Ryan, thank you so much for your feedback! Just reading this made us feel proud about the hard work we all put into creating not only a great product but also cater each client's specific needs. As my colleagues have already confirmed, we are currently building a new version of the workout editor which will include many more different functions such as circuits and supersets. All best, Alkistis

Replied February 2017

Gregg

Reviewed August 2020

COULD BE AWESOME BUT IT NOT

Lack honesty and integrity: they have been dishonest on a number of occassions adn never admit that they are lying to you. They promised us a payment provider other than PayPal in 2016, and we are still waiting. They dont seem to care that much for clients outside of The Netherlands. Very poor support: take too long to return communications, many customers IOS APP's have not been updated since 2018 when they claimed to have notified us all about a change in Apple App store policy and even after two years of apps not being updated they belived it was not their responsibility to assist their customers. During COVID closure they continued to charge full price and even took extra payments out of our account while we were closed and had no income.

PROS

WORKOUT BUILDER Extensive exericse library and custom exercises (including videos) are easy to add. MOBILE APPS There are Andriod and IOS App for customers and a Coaching App for coaches to use. They are good when they work. MANY FEATURES They provide features for Club management, and for coaches and customers. Have not found another software company that address all three well.

CONS

EXTREMELY OVERPRICED. Im a small owner operator and they charge me $300AUD a month. BUGS GALORE .It often has bugs and therefore doesnt work efficiently. IOS MOBILE APP - Has not been updated since 2018 and it has taken me over 2 months to get them to do it.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

At the time they had a much better quality product back in 2016.

Hello Gregg, Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you find our workouts and coaching module easy to use along with the features we provide for club management. Your feedback is deeply appreciated, although we work very hard day by day trying to provide our clients with the top-notch service they deserve, there will be times in which technology will have us facing certain obstacles. The areas of opportunity you've mentioned will allow us to continue assessing our priorities with a better focus as we move along into a path of success. Let us remind you to reach out whenever you feel like it by emailing us at support@virtguagym.com we'll be ready to help! All the best. Virtuagym,

Replied August 2020

Amieris

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Thankful for this App!

Overall, our organization is happy with our choice to move to virtuagym. There are some features that we want to see the app develop into, but it offers a benefit to our internal team and clients.

PROS

-The new business analytics feature is going to a wonderful asset to our team -Setting up the app was clear- we had a lot of support from the team -We are able to manage various calendars and systems -The system is very user friendly -There are clear ways to customize the experience -customer service is pretty responsive to the needs of our organization

CONS

-We currently use Daxko billing software and the two systems do not naturally integrate. So our membership data doesn't track into Virtuagym -Programs aren't as customizable as we would like. Individuals have to have their own distinct log in and app in order to sign up for classes- it makes it difficult for doing open community events, or for parents/guardians to sign up their minor child to a class. (i.e people should be able to sign up for more than one slot. -The notifications/move reminders sent to clients-want to have that turned off -We had to work to have weight removed from the first questions that app asked -Overall, we want to have a more "holistic wellness" approach and this app is very normative in its approach to health.

Reasons for switching to Virtuagym

Neither of the product we were using were user friendly, or easy to manage on the back end. The apps weren't customizable and didn't provide any analytics.

Dear Amieris, We are delighted to hear about your positive experience with us. It is exciting to know that our system has met your expectations! we work very hard to ensure we provide our customers with a very high-notch product, so we are very appreciative to know our efforts have been paying off. As for the integration with Daxko, this is not currently part of our system but we will, of course, take your feedback into consideration for future planning. Let us remind you to share any further questions and ideas by emailing us at support@virtuagym.com. Team Virtuagym

Replied February 2022

Sean

Reviewed January 2018

Not what i was told

Nothing

PROS

The functionality of the coaching app, is nice - That's it.

CONS

I explicitly asked that when i purchased virtuagym, would it be possible for my clients to have a limited number of PT sessions on a weekly basis, starting on sunday and renewing on the following sunday....however i wanted them to be able to book at least 30-60 days in advance as my clients like to plan. I was told that this was possible and i would have help setting it up, this has not happened. I have had virtuagym since December and was looking to implement it into my gym facility by mid january, however due to the lack of help from support, i am no closer to getting what i need from the software. I even offered to pay virtuagym to set it up for me as i thought it may be me that was doing something wrong, they declined and their rep. stopped conversing over the support line. All i wanted was for my clients to book 1,2,3 or 4 Personal Training sessions per week, at least 30 days in advance - How can this be so hard..!!?? At the moment the system allows me to book 10 sessions in 10 days and i was told "That's ok, the client will be notified if they don´t have enough credits to attend the class" All i want is that the client can't book the class, i dont want them to book to be told nearer the time "sorry you don't have enough credits" they will turn up and say "but i booked and the system let me?" Very frustrating for a business owner and terrible customer service

Hi Sean, Thanks for the time you spent to review our product. We're sincerely sorry if you are experiencing an unpleasant situation with the product and with our CS Team. We took a look at the conversations you had with our consultants over the last days, and we noticed that there was rather some confusion between the many questions asked and the many solutions provided, which inevitably leads to confusion and frustration. Our advise is to send one, fully detailed email to support@virtuagym.com, explaining exactly the challenges you are now experiencing, the way you would like to work with the system and - if you like - any improvement that you would like to see (maybe there are some features you aren't aware of yet!). Plus, with our live chat service, we can help you further with your real time queries. We believe that - this way - we can achieve a way more constructive communication, helping your business to take off with us! We stay at disposal. Your, CS Team

Replied February 2018