• Pros

• "Knack is easy to use, they listen to their customers and the pricing structure is awesome."

• "Knack es una herramienta sorprendente, fácil de usar, de rápido desarrollo con excelentes prestaciones a un precio muy razonable. Estoy muy conforme."

• "Very easy to customize. A lot of great features. "

• Cons

• "It is still growing and does have some limitations but support has been great and they seem to listen to the needs of the customers."

• "If not a developer, I could see how it could be difficult to learn, but overall, we're relatively pleased with performance. "

• "Have experienced software shutdowns that have slowed business, not always able to do what we need, but there is usually a work-around!"

Browse Knack Reviews

Adam from SmartFiber

Sky is the Limit

Fantastic. We had worked to solve problems for no less than 24 months prior to our introduction to knack. From the time we started with knack we had a minimum viable internal product within 90 days and a customer facing web-portal (providing sales, project, and invoice detail) in 180 days. With knack we have have saved an immeasurable amount of time and resource.

Pros

Very simple to solve for Secure, HIPPA, PCI compliant user logins. Ability to pivot large data-set with simplified permission based views - no incremental expense for additional users / views / roles.

Cons

Support. Our reliance on knack is significant in pre-sale functions and as a result, when it breaks we have always defined the solution (or created the work-around) several days before a knack tech gets around to responding to our requests.

Reasons for Choosing Knack

'record' versus 'user' based rates.

Patrick from The Tech Brat

Game changer

Game changer. Cant imaging our business without it. The speed in which we can develop apps to run companies is unmatched. We have tried to find a replacement, there isn’t one. Also a big bonuses is how quickly this scales. We run family owned plumbing operations up to globally companies operating in several countries all from the same platform with no need of expanding local server resources.

Pros

The fact that the software acts like a native app but is in reality a micro website. Edit and upgrades are pushed out with a refresh with having to go through the process of submitting to an App Store. Also dont need to develop for different platforms/screen sizes. One size fits all

Cons

There are several features that have been requested over the years from many users that seem to be left behind. The biggest one in 2020 is that the mobile side needs a big upgrade in order to compete with native apps. A big one for us is uploading of photos on the mobile side. Its very cumbersome and slow. We have lost a few jobs because of this. Need some sort of mobile app that connects to these databases.

Reasons for Choosing Knack

Only need to develop one platform, the speed of edits, the ability to develop on an iPad, the ease of adding multiple users

Leanne from SHF

Numerous bugs and lack of customer service taint an otherwise useful tool

This system worked well for what we needed this year. The main need was to create a system to enter and track points from our various members for year-end awards. This was a complex system to build because of the many different categories involved, and so far Knack has handled it. Building the system was extremely frustrating at times, as fields and properties would sometimes refuse to update, or the system would just hang and not do anything. I have built other apps with much the same issues. Customer service was initially helpful but now seems to ignore my requests for looking into bugs even after multiple attempts to have them resolved. We are on the middle tier plan. For example in one of my apps, the app simply hangs if I sort a certain table by one of the fields. Their answer was to not sort it by that field when using the app. I have also had records that should have been deleted not be deleted. I have put my own stop checks into the app and have not had any corrupted data as of yet, but the issues I've had do concern me.

Pros

-Easy to learn and build numerous apps -Lots of functional field types -Easy to customize CSS and Javascript for each app if desired -Excellent price point

Cons

-Very buggy -Customer service was initially very responsive, but eventually stopped responding to my requests for simple bugs in my app to be fixed, even after numerous attempts to resolve.

Reasons for Choosing Knack

Caspio was too expensive for what we received. Tadabase and QuintaDB are not fully realized yet and did not have the required calculation fields necessary.

ANDREW from Theo Chocolate

Industry: Food Production

Knack helps us make chocolate more efficiently

Knack allowed us to set up our own "app" by creating a simple database with a front end for users. With limited resources for programming, I learned how to run the builder myself and set the program up for my team. Our Operators enter production data through the interfaces and we've been able to make the system work well enough that I do not need to enter into the builder to fix data errors. Our production managers use their custom interface to ensure records were entered correctly on a daily basis. This eliminated a huge amount of physical paperwork. It also allowed me to have summarized plant performance by a set time on the following production day.

Pros

The pricing model makes it an easy sell to get started. You don't have to pay per user, so if you aren't sure whether you'll be able to achieve your goals, it provides a low cost opportunity to make an attempt.

Cons

My biggest concern is that our app has become complex enough that it will be difficult for it to be handed off to a new user in the future. Once the software is launched for the team, any changes you make are in effect instantly - there's no opportunity to preview them and roll them out later. Additionally there are a couple of glitches in the builder interface which are frustrating at times. Knack is in Beta with a new interface and I anticipate that these will be resolved.

Reasons for Choosing Knack

Smartsheet was too expensive. Excel would not have been stable enough for our goal. SharePoint is not user friendly enough for the builder. The pricing model for Knack makes it very easy to get started.

James from Franklins Corporation

Industry: Program Development

knack... Just wow!

knack has been a huge help for our company. We were looking for a online database solution that we could customize for our unique business. And knack for the build 100 times over.

Pros

Great online builder with a very easy learning for it. They offer get webinars that demos a lot of the You can get up and running in minutes not months once you have a plan. You can even customize with css and javascript.

Cons

Only con i would say and was not a deal breaker was the use of css take a bit to get use to for major customization

better pricing Better options Better features More value for price

Phil from Greenix

Incredible Easy to Learn and Flexible Software

Pros

We had a lot of processes we could not manage anymore by just sharing Google Sheets. Within weeks we were able to create custom database driven applications that completely replaced dozens of spreadsheets, macros, and more. We have dozens of managers and corporate employees on it everyday. We love it.

Cons

My biggest qualm with Knack is the customer support -- but that's not a very big qualm at all. For what we pay we get enormous value, and it makes sense that support is limited for our plan to just chat and email, with longer response times. When we are finally attended to, the customer service is very helpful. Because of the low price point, I initially had concerns that it would be reliable for a company our size, where little mistakes can cause interdepartmental issues. However, Knack has always been online, and the issues we have had were mostly attributable to user errors.

Reasons for Choosing Knack

Prebuilt frontend for users to interact with, and much quicker deployment of datapages.

Noel from Transform Squad Ltd

Excellent Tool - Highly Functional

I really like Knack. It's an absolutely super tool

Pros

Super tool for developing multi-user database focused applications. Per developer pricing (as opposed to per user). Easy to provide ROLE based access to different inputs, views and reports Super documentation and templates to learn from or get you started Rules to display and update screens/records Easy to add rich functionality to an application Really nice data import tool Single sign on with Google (and others) Excellent support API/Integration using tools like zapier

Cons

Need to know some basic html/css if you want customise the look of your screens No IF THEN logic (probably could use Zapier for this) Nice if users could import data (as opposed to builder) Easier back up tools

Reasons for Choosing Knack

Initially because of the licensing model which is per developer e.g. my app has 60 users. This costs $800/annum and the equivalent for example from Airtable would $14,500 (with out SSO) which came with Knack.

Alex from RealEyes Displays, LLC

Flexible, Powerful, Great API, Community Support Lacking

8 / 10 is right where I'm at. They filled a huge need for us, and for that, I'm extremely grateful. One more point can easily be gained by paying attention to the community, which are the fans of their business. The other point can be gained by adding better standard features and design features. It should be noted that I have passed Knack's name to MANY others in my industry, and I really do highly recommend them.

Pros

When I found this software, I nearly jumped for joy. I had been researching no-code database apps for a long time, and this really seemed to fit what we needed it to do. Hats off to Knack for an original-concept. What's great: - App building on the backend AND front end. You create your data modules, decide your schema, then decide how it shows up to the users. Set your logins, set the access levels, etc. It's amazing. - It's extremely easy. Once you get the hang of it, you can make nice looking apps in little time. - The API is very easy to use and powerful. We us it to build special CMS apps that allow our customers to update content on large interactive touch screens. The data is always reliable. - The app is responsive, so users can can access public or their private data from mobile devices. It opens up many possibilities for businesses to use this as a CRM, CMS, Accounting, or even a field-service database. - The in-app support through the chat is great. Staff members are responsive and helpful.

Cons

Take this with a grain of salt. When your whole business runs online like ours, you get used to the idea that no software is ever perfect. There is always something that will grind your gears. Here's some things about Knack that need improvement: - Community support - my major gripe about Knack is the responsiveness to the community. There are many active users who contribute a lot of great content, ideas, and issues that need solving. Response from Knack in the community is practically non-existent. Even just to say "Good idea, we'll add that to our list"...just let people know they've been heard! Also, in my opinion, there's some very standard features that I can't believe aren't built yet. Sometimes it seems they work on features for a very small niche audience, rather than things that all users can benefit from. (Like drag and drop sorting of records) - Minimal design freedom on the front end - You can make an app that is extremely functional, but there's not a lot of ways to customize the look and feel of that data for the users. So you may solve some great business issues with Knack, but chances are it won't look super pretty.

Mo from Young Invincibles

One of the best options for rapid database centric software development

I have really enjoyed using Knack and continue to push the organization to build functionality in it.

Pros

It is so easy to set up a relational database as well as a website to access that data. Very easy to learn. You can quickly create software to solve your organization's needs.

Cons

New features are not added often. Workflow actions are triggered by the page accessing the data and not by the database itself. There are limits to the design customization so the software sometimes seems old.

Christina from Oak Row Custom Trim

Industry: Building Materials

Great Product, Trouble with Stability of Platform

Overall, I think this is a strong product but still has bugs to work out and functionality to be added. However, it is still one of the best of this type of product.

Pros

Incredible product for building databases/order systems for small organizations. Functionality is substantial.

Cons

The lack of support and the turn around time for support is difficult. For companies that use as an integral part of their business it is risky for an ordering system, etc... Also, having problems with the rules and parameters disappearing randomly on forms has been a problem for my organization.

Knack is very helpful

We use knack to store multiple sets of data. It is extremely helpful in tracking donations (and donors), restricted grants (and foundations/organizations who provide grants), and complex volunteer jobs for a non-profit. We are able to track and analyze all of this information through Knack. I especially like that we can attach documents to records in Knack so all of the information we need is right in one place. Also, being able to set up scheduled reminders is a lifesaver to ensure that we won't miss deadlines for important tasks.

Pros

I like that in Knack I can access all-inclusive data, and see it reported in a variety of ways. I can opt for simple summary reports, more complex detailed reports, or even colorful and pretty graphs. I can use a wide variety of parameters to create the report, and I can sort the included data in a variety of ways. I can also export data in different formats. Knack is extremely flexible for me. Full disclosure - I am a frequent Knack user, but I do not record data into Knack, nor do I set up the databases at all. That magic is all done by someone else, so I cannot comment on the administrator aspects of Knack.

Cons

Sometimes Knack will log me out while I am in the process of using it. I try to accept the blame when this happens because I always have too many tabs open in my browser, and I often work in 2 different sections of Knack simultaneously. However, it is definitely frustrating. Also, I have a pet peeve about the number of items I can view in one page of a report. For a report with lots of items, I have to navigate forward or back between many pages. I would much prefer to scroll further down the same page to see data in a long report. I don't know of any way to alter the number of items per page.

Don from Shalley and Murray

Knack is an Amazing Tool

I found Knack when I was searching for a tool that would help me to build a simple cloud based lead tracking application for my small law firm (two lawyers) to use. I have a dabbler's technical background in the sense that I have fooled around with Microsoft Access and Visual Basic for Applications - not a particularly high level mind you - barely beyond Hello World stuff. Well, maybe a little beyond that. I was looking for a tool that would allow me to develop something in the cloud and boy did I find it with Knack. I didn't know that Knack existed, but it was exactly what I wanted to exist and I was blown away when I actually discovered that it in fact existed. I was familiar enough with relational databases through my limited experience with Access that I was able to pretty much immediately start using Knack. I had a rough version of the application I wanted to develop put together in a couple days really. (Not a huge feat, really since what I wanted was really pretty simple). But we used it every day and came to really rely on it. It has become absolutely a part of the business. The ability to have this cloud based application, available on our phones or wherever we have computer access has been incredible and the platform itself works like magic. I spent hours wrestling with Access in setting up subforms and reports and such and developing queries and all of that. Knack takes care of that sort of heavy lifting behind the scenes. From my experience with Access, I know that it really is heavy lifting too, which is why I appreciate it so much. I used to design my websites in Dreamweaver, but as the technical expertise required to build sites well started to increase well beyond my ability to use Dreamweaver, I discovered Squarespace. Squarespace for me was the answer to my prayers, because it gave me the freedom to create sites that were technically pretty sophisticated and modern but in a way that shielded me from the need to have the technical expertise to execute it well. Knack is like Squarespace in this way. In fact, since many people who design sites might have use for cloud based applications that Knack can provide, I would think that Knack and Squarespace ought to be able to find ways to work with each other. They both occupy the same sort of space - providing people without the increasingly sophisticated skills required to build nice things (websites or custom database applications) the ability to build those nice things.

Pros

I love the way it shields me from what I know to be complex and tricky issues involved in putting together an application built around a relational database. I know the agony of wrestling with figuring out how to do things with relational databases and it just makes me so happy to be able to create a wonderfully stable application that works in the cloud - without the torture of having to figure out why my SQL query isn't working as I thought it would, etc. It just works, and I am shielded from the coding. I don't have to know what a SQL query is. To me this is just plain magic.

Cons

Hard to come up with something I am not really happy about with it. I guess everything could be improved with more features and options and such, but I see that as mostly window dressing. The guts of this thing are amazing. I'm sure the future will see more features and more ways to style the applications and such, but the magic is built in now.

The most powerful no/low code database app for non-coders

Pros

- Lives up to the "no code" billing many other platforms tout, but with Knack you can actually build a feature-rich app without coding. - Zapier integration recently improved, greatly expanding the capabilities of the app - Out of 10-15 database apps I tried, the learning curve was shorter and support documentation was more useful with Knack - Easy to implement and strong user security/user roles implementation - Unlike many business-focused app builders, Knack is designed for many users in structure and in pricing model, so it's the best for customer-facing applications (including ecommerce websites) - Basic subscription plan includes all the features most will need, unlike many apps that pull 1-2 critical features into their mid-tier and enterprise plans.

Cons

- Pricing plan options are slim, and the base plan is a bit more expensive than others in the similar tier. - Very difficult to style the app in an attractive manner without a fair amount of CSS and/or Javascript understanding (though the standard design is fine and mobile friendly). Limited options for customization in the dashboard. - Main troubling issue is with how pages and views get created with every menu and link you add..causing a quickly overwhelming page structure and sitemap. Biggest related caution is that when simply deleting a menu item, you could also be deleting an entire page or detail view without clearly being told that (and no way to recover it).

Matthew

August 2016

Great software now good for users in Europe.

I use Knack to build my main business application. The interface and functionality is excellent and I have looked at all the alternatives at length. If you are not an IT person, then this really is the business. The tutorials are also good. The support team are responsive in the chat interface. During the two years I have been using the product there have been continuous upgrades which have been excellent.

Pros

Great intuitive interface, great software, fair pricing. Now that EU servers are available this makes it a great product for users like me who hold client data and need to comply with EU data privacy laws. I am already delighted with the product, but have seen a beta version of the new builder which in my view takes the produt from excellent to perfect. As a non-technical user (I am no more than a competent excel user) I had never thought I could build my own functioning application. With Knack, I can.

Cons

The standard support hours are based on the US working day so that means we in Europe have to wait. Having said that, if there is an emergency there is 24 hour response there. This is a minor niggle and I guess when Knack grows to dominate the world they will put more support on.

Robert from DataCove

Best Database Platform Out There

After listening to vendors with my company for weeks, I had enough. Every system that was pitched for our needs was either ugly, or inflexible, and not all that infrequently, both. I began my search for online database platform technology and quickly found Knack among a few other competitors. What set Knack apart was the appearance of the software. I am of the believe that a product is worthless if no one ever wants to look at it, and Knack stunned me. It was a clean, crisp, interactive set of user interfaces that quickly led to live database views. I set up the trial, and was sold.

Pros

Intuitive design! It just makes sense from the get-go, even if you have little understanding of relational databases, with a bit of light reading of Knack's thorough documentation, it's not difficult to get going.

Cons

Definitely the way the front end views of your database operate in a mobile device. Some of the feature's are basically unusable, and if your user's are going to use a mobile device, you really have to keep that in mind when developing the database's UIs or you can end up with a bit of a mess.

Holly from Rush Soccer

Just what I needed

Pros

This is Everything I need from a database & simple interface builder. I took a long time evaluating existing products for my business programs to no avail, and decided I needed custom solutions. As a nonprofit I know we couldn't afford paying someone to do it so I took it upon myself to research options & move forward. Knack was my first intro to "no code" cloud app builder and I love it. I check around every 6 months or so to see what competition is out there, I've yet to find anything I enjoy using quite as much.

Cons

That apps cannot integrate / stay in sync. It's going to take a lot of extra work to integrate all my company's apps, as it is not feasible for all our programs / branches to use one app, and some information needs to be in sync across all apps. I just know by the time I've finally done it, they will have built in the feature / option...

Kevin S. from Badgley Mischka Home

Industry: Furniture

One of the Best

Pros

Knack is seriously one of the greatest apps that exist out there for those who need to organize their offices. Nowadays, data is produced in such huge amounts that it ca be very difficult to organize. This leads to chaos and lost productivity. Other database apps like Access, OpenOffice and even just SQL are not user friendly and the UI is chaotic. Knack is an easy way to make your own custom database with functionality that expands seemingly daily.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve, but I learned it in about a week. Now I've made a CRM/HRM/Project manager all in one with unlimited logins for pennies on the price of a full-suite solution.

November 2015

Mike from Credda

November 2015

Super easy and fast

I was looking for an cloud based application that could allow me to build a database in the cloud and present that data securely to users over the web for viewing and editing. I tried out Caspio, Ragic, Airtable and AgileApps also during the process of picking an application. The only other provider that I like was Caspio- they have a ton of features and can be used fairly easily to build business apps. However, Knack won the day based on the fact that it is more intuitive to figure out (I needed very little help), super fast to edit and view the results and capable of doing so much. I built my first app in ~ 2 hours. I couldn't change it so that each user could edit their own data, but not the data of other users. Knack customer service helped me with process using just email- that is how easy it is. I could understand their emails and make adjustments. I am confident I could built a new app in less than a day- even if moderately difficult.

Pros

Super easy to get going (it is the most intuitive interface). Price by number of apps instead of by user works well with our company. Powerful features including, for instance, users logging in by their Google+ or Facebook profile (single sign on). I have not run into any bugs.

Cons

You can't adjust the presentation layer (the website) as much as, say, Caspio. You can change some things like colors and basic layout, but most of the CSS is fixed. Their formulas are very weak. They only allow basic functions, especially for manipulating text. For formulas, I found Airtable to be much better.

Response from Knack

Replied November 2015

Hi Mike, thanks for the great review! We take a lot of pride in our support so we always love to hear that it makes a difference. We also have a major formula upgrade coming in the next few weeks!

Jonathan from Aviation Data Solutions

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

One of a kind

Outstanding . The customer service team really cares and the product is actively evolving

Pros

I really do not know what I would do without the resource of the Knack platform. There is so much cross talk of data between those who provide it and those who need it that than an online, customizable, easy to implement data management platform is the most optimal solution. Love the ability to customize with CSS and JavaScript and connect to other software through Integromat

Cons

Not much to NOT like ; as I see it there are features I haven’t figured out how to use yet and things that don’t work because of pure user error.

Mark from AppWeaverz.com

Knack is fantastic

I've created a number of different applications with Knack and its been able to satisfy all of our use cases and be extensible where needed. Its been great to use and you can build web applications at a fraction of the cost it would normally be. There are great custom developers that can build entirely or help out with integrations as needed.

Pros

Powerful and yet easy to use. Extensible

Cons

Some of the features take some time to learn, have to invest some time up front getting to know what it can do.

Maxwell from Heyday

Customizable features for our Spa's client records

Increased communication between staff and clients, accurate record keeping for all clients, and for all staff to access!

Pros

How customizable it is to our ever changing needs as the company grows and changes! We are able to access it on multiple devices at once, and have different log ins for each employee!

Bernardo from Atlantis

Use carefully, as good as you are

Pros

Its highly customizable and you can adapt it to fit whatever your company needs might be. Be it just a simple data base, a team management software or something else. Its great for large sets of data, but needs you to be smart and data savy.

Cons

Its not always great when using outside the US. The smartphone view is close to impossible to work with.

Jacob from Davis & Sanchez, Pllc

August 2016

Geek candy for a middle-of-the-pack geek!

What's geek candy? It's that little moment of excitement you got when you opened up that sweet lego set, or figured out your phone can do "talk to text." I'm a middle-of-the-pack kind of geek... better than some geeks and worse than equally as many. What's cool about Knack is that it can offer something for everyone. I have used it to give us much more insight into our business. We can track progress and make better decisions.

Pros

Cons

The app layout through the UI is limited.

Chris from Elite Payroll Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Easiest platform for developing a customized work system the code-less way

Knack connects up to so many other 3rd party apps through Zapier that the options are potentially limitless. We've been able to cancel our SalesForce subscription and came up with your own custom CRM using Knack. It's affordable, the support is great and it's feature rich.

Pros

Easy to get up and running on. Quickly map out data elements and connect to layout without having to code Javascript. If you do know Javascript, you can customize the workflow and experience even more.

Cons

There are no additional web themes without paying a developer to customize.

Sunny from Paint Savvy

for custom app is worth a look

Very powerful to customize for your specific need It's not that easy to build without strong computer skills I paid for knack to code ours but they no longer do that - they have a list of contractors you can hire to do custom work

Pros

Can be a build a system quite powerful

Cons

Wish would integrate w barcode scanner Need to invest time to really learn the platform

Great Low Code Solution

I have been able to build multiple application to help run my business from CRMs to project management solutions. The builder is easy to use and has a lot of features. There is a job board if you need a larger application too. And the pricing model is excellent, much better than some of its competitors.

Pros

Power, capability and ease of use

Cons

Would like more form layout capabilities

Great Database Development Tool for Non-Coders

Pros

Knack is highly flexible and easy to use once you know the platform. Powerful platform that's hard to match.

Cons

The dashboard can be a bit buggy, I regularly find and report bugs to the company...but they are quick to fix them in most cases. Even with the occasional bug, there's still nothing that rivals this platform.

Emmarose from Shower Door Experts

Knack

Knack has helped us systematize our quoting process. Everything is so much quicker with knack.

Pros

Though I do not use the more behind the scenes features of knack, I use it every day. We use it as a program to quote our products to clients. This has reduced the quoting time from 30 minutes to 30 seconds.

Cons

I have no qualms with anything about knack. I do not use the programming end of the software, but the user side is very convenient.

Kevin from UK WEEE Recycling

Useful but full of problems

Pros

Easy to create web-based apps. Can achieve a variety of tasks using 3rd party tools. You can embed your app in your website.

Cons

The interface is slow and limited. Can be quite clunky and frustrating and trying to work out how to achieve something with the help of Zapier. Customer support stinks. No one is ever able to sort any issues and if you make the slightest mistake or accidental you could break the whole app and be needing a backup which they charge , they quote 1-3 hours usually and takes 3-5 working days so not particularly business friendly. Javascript locks up occasionally in the back end and you're either left waiting and nothing happens or nothing happens when you click the save button. Fairly expensive considering how unpolished the software is and how woefully awful their customer support is. The reliance on Knack/Zapier/Webmerge integration doesn't always work seamlessly and learning to implement it yourself can result in duplicate Webmerges which cost a lot of money too.

Neat product depending on your needs

Overall, Knack is a fine product, and it was easy to implement and use. However, I do think there are better products out there, and I didn't find it to be worth the price tag given our needs. It might be more valuable for those who want to use it as a full database rather than using pieces of it.

Pros

My company used Knack as a recruiting tool - we had applicants create a profile and apply through the site for various job postings - and it was fairly easy to set up. The system itself was easy to navigate, and it kept the records organized nicely.

Cons

It's possible that using Knack as a full database provides better results than using it as a recruiting solution, but it did seem limited in features for our purposes. We've used other database products that have a lot more features and functions in addition to being much more customizable.

Alisha from Productions by Gilad

Exponential

This is a power software that has expontial potential. As an operations manager it has been wonderful to build great applications for my team without the middle man or crazy cost. Somethings I try and other don't but it is always building on itself. I am looking forward to seeing the development from the software.

Pros

DIY... It has a learning curve but if you get excel you can figure this out! Which makes it easy for me to play with all my ideas.

Brett from OutSource Corporate Partners, LLC

Industry: Program Development

great online database

We have an employee base that covers the United States. Before we used the Knack software we had each person filling out individual Excel spreadsheets. We would then have to manually combine these spreadsheets to get information from the entire sales force. With the Knack software we are able to allow our employees to log the information into the Knack site and we now have access to the full information quickly and easily.

Pros

The Knack software is easy to use to set up forms and pages to collect information online.

Cons

The software can take a little getting used to when you first start out. I would think this is normal for any advanced system like this.

Jørgen from Umbra Produkter AS

July 2016

Reasonably priced and easy to use database software

Using Knack for making a customized ERP for my business. Used for database, forms, checklists, timesheets, CRM, service dispatch and more.

Pros

Very simple and quick to create tables and connections. Good selection of functions. Reasonably priced. Good API and intergration with Zapier.

Cons

A few small bugs and some missing features. Could have been better interface for tablets and mobile devices.

JC from S.Fl Waste

Industry: Facilities Services

Knack Makes It Easy To Build Business Apps

Knack has allowed my company to build business apps for our everyday important task ,in a very easy and quick way.

Pros

The simplicity in building business apps and in a very affordable way.

Cons

Their really isn't anything negative about this company. It continues to grow and improve to be the best in their market.

Nicolas from GUIFRA SA

Una herramienta sorprendente

La experiencia ha Sido sumamente satisfactoria

Pros

Cons

Dominio personalizado configurable para cada aplicación

Reasons for Choosing Knack

Facilidad de uso, mejor user friendly, precio.

Wonderful!

Pros

Ability to customize databases; real-time updates; many template options to choose from; customer service is excellent. I've used this several times for an annual holiday website. Our users were so impressed and became repeat donors.

Cons

customer service agent and his staff were very helpful as I extensively redesigned a template to serve our varied needs. I have been very satisfied and think the only confusion I ran into is customized differences between mobile and website versions.

Han from Alura Group

June 2016

Knack helps us deliver great customer service

This software has enabled my company to increase customer service by embedding databases in our website and thus allowing our customers to look up complicated information in an easy way.

Pros

Its easy of use (the team that build our databases are no experts at all!), and the fact we can embed the databases in our website.

Cons

To create a multi-level navigation menu with the current feature set, we need to apply some work arounds to make it do what we want.

Ian from Evolve Digital

Launched a side business completely managed by Knack

Pros

We've launched a side company, Cableshepherd.com built complete on Knack. From Customer Account creation, management, portals, quoting, etc - Knack has solved a problem other CRMS and business platforms have not been able to. It is a true business application.

Michael from PRODCENTER

Super User-friendly and Support Team

Pros

The actual interface. Very user-friendly and elegant appearance. Few clicks to access all functionalities. A lot of functionalities and flexibilty to create the workflow.

Cons

The search feature needs to include to filter by roles. Need a sweep functionality, with finger or mouse. Improve some grafics functionalities. Improve the e-commerce function.

Jonathan

Amazing support

Pros

Ease of use and user function to arrange data for customers. The support staff have been so supportive I ask them questions all the time and are just really happy to help with sometimes silly questions.

Cons

Could do with a little more customisation to represent data such as tiles and visual tools like a website builder would work great for the visual representation for pages. Though I feel knack could be set to bring on some awesome features later on. Think knack could also have multiple object records within a list of data connected to the logged in user as big work arounds are needed for this at the moment

March 2015

Jacob

March 2015

best online database app out there

When I discovered our previous online database system was closing its doors I started searching for a replacement. I signed up for every free demo for every online database program I could find. After a year and half of searching and demo-ing other programs I found Knack. It is an awesome product. I have very happy with the intuitive build interface. One of the biggest reasons I went with Knack was the the pricing structure. Don't waste your time with any other online database out there like I did.

Pros

- pricing model - ease of use - mobile device friendly (no mobile apps needed) - powerful - responsive support team

Cons

- a few, very minor bugs here and there, but let them know what you find and they will fix it - relatively newer company so future is a little unsure (compared to other more established competitors)

Alejandra from Washington State University

Good for those who don't know how to code

Pros

Easy to setup and use, highly customizable

Cons

Pricing structure and cost is too high for the amount of storage you get

Very Disappointed

Pros

Look of the app is very nice. The "Builder" they have come up with is innovative, not your normal database building tool. It takes some getting used to. There are some limitations to it, that other databases don't have.

Cons

Very poor customer support, if you are on the lowest plan. They will not pick up the phone and call you, nor can you call them. They claim a response time of between 24 and 48 hours....not true. I am now having support requests unanswered for 4 days. Their blog and self-help support site are very poor. There is no main office or phone number, they all work from their homes across the US. Apparently, they don't have titles and they think it's funny to post pictures of themselves on their website with funny made up titles in the organization. This organization needs to grow up and get serious. I will terminate my plan with them and ask for a full refund if things don't improve dramatically in the next day or two.

Dagmar from Private

Knack Review

I need an online database system that provides intuitive design features, real database functionality and a user friendly GUI. In addition, I need a system that allows for the implementation of business rules and workflow. Knack is the only system I could find that provides all of this at a very competitive price.

Pros

Database functionality, such as primary and foreign keys that actually work.

Cons

Interface and reports can be more design friendly without having to use CSS or Javascript.

Lee from IIG

Absolutely terrible, worst customer service I have experienced

Cons

Absolutely terrible customer service. I signed up, spent 2 days making an app, then the builder completely froze. I tried 5 computers, all different browsers, as soon as you log in it give a spinning gear and freezes. Knack support said it's because I'm using Chrome and that Chrome is bad at handling memory (even though I told them I tried IE, Edge, Safari, on 5 machines). Then today, I spent 3 hours making an app and doing email templates. I go get a drink, come back, it's COMPLETELY GONE. I contact their support, they said their backups failed and they don't have one, and that they confirmed I DID have an app, but that it's no longer there. They said even though I just signed up 2 days ago, they don't do refunds, but that I'm welcome to cancel my service in their portal. I canceled it and filed a chargeback with Visa. Avoid this company, extremely shady.

Response from Knack

Replied August 2017

Of course when there's any chance of work being lost we take that very seriously and launch a full internal investigation. We had mentioned that a refund was possible but we needed to get more details. This is something we had never seen before and needed to confirm exactly what may have happened. Unfortunately Lee deleted his account before we could complete our investigation and resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction. This all happened within the span of a few hours.

John from Telarus Solutions

Knack 2016

Knack has been a useful product. I find it to be helpful to small and medium-sized clients who want a database without the high price tag.

Pros

Knack has a good user interface and is a lower price point for databases of this type. They have very good service and the online chat help is excellent.

Cons

I have found that we need developers to do work that I would not call high level but this assistance does ramp up the relatively low cost of the product. This happens with almost every database, but I was hoping Knack would be different.

Knack

Pros

Very easy to customize. A lot of great features.

Cons

It can be slow and lag. The mobile versus the web version is quite different.

Bethany from Self-Employed / Real Estate

Overall quite impressed

Pros

Once you've got everything figured out (specifically linking different objects) it's very easy to use. There are quite a few useful features.

Cons

Sometimes the software is glitchy when it comes to importing .csv documents. Things won't load and then you'll have to restart the whole process.

Phil from Gardens in the City

June 2016

Easy way to get mobile access to a cloud database.

We're a small landscaping company. We use knack so our crews can look up their client calls for the day on the go. We also use it for crew timesheets.

Pros

Great mobile access/interface.

Cons

We wish we had fuller access to the underlying database. The existing interface is acceptable, but it would be nice to have full SQL query access for power users.

May 2015

Stéphane

May 2015

BEFORE YOU INVEST!: If you close or suspend your account you will lose all your work

I want to start by saying that knack is a great SAS application. The support team is also very good. That said, I've been told that I can download the records for my application, but the application itself will be destroyed if I close or supend my account. The only option they provide is a freezing the account and paying a fee that starts at 9$/m. I understand they need to compensate for services rendered,but a frozen account that consumes little space and effectively zero server load makes investing development time a real issue. I will pay the 9$/m to start, but that's just because I invested more then 300 hours on this application, and it breaks my hart to put it all in the trash. Let this be a warning.

Pros

Great app. Super support.

Cons

No way to preserve application files at reasonable cost if account is place on hold.

Response from Knack

Replied May 2015

Hi, thanks for your review. We actually feel really good about offering an affordable plan to freeze your account! We added this feature at the request of our users. This way you don't need to pay full price if you have a seasonal app or just need to pause it for a while. And of course you can export all your data at any time.