All ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Rashid

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2021

ADP Work Force Now Review

I had a great experience using the software it gives a wholistic view of where your paycheck goes!

PROS

ADP Workforce now is an extremely user friendly software that enables clients to accurately keep track of their paychecks in digital form. The software keeps track of tax, deductions and retirement contributions and presents them in an easy to understand visual format. You are also able to change information related to your deductibles etc. from the online platform

CONS

Despite the great features it can be difficult to find what you are looking for in this software. Someone new to this software will feel somewhat overwhelmed by the many drop down menus presented on the home screen. This software is also one of the more pricey options available on the market.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

We had some issues with tax forms using Paychex

Yuri

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2019

Workforcenow for productivity

It helped us to deal with HR matters effectively so that we could see everything with detailed info.

PROS

Customization with it is incredible. Reporting features add more value to the software and as well increases the productivity. Pricing is quite reasonable. Mobile version does really well unlike its peers.

CONS

Customer service should be upgraded. The software could be better integrated other platforms. I would like to see changes immediately because sometimes I have sign out and sign in to see changes.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

It provides better recruiting and HR outsourcing services. Besides prices are highly reasonable for the paid plans.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

It is more mobile accessible, PC dashboard is more user-friendly. Better human resource management.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

A User Friendly System

I would highly recommend ADP for any business that wants a good, organized system to help control and monitor their business and workflow.

PROS

We use ADP for a variety of reasons at our company. Whether its payroll, time management, clock ins/outs, PTO, job postings, etc. I love how its versatile for for many areas that is useful for your needs in a company. On top of that, its user friendly. Within 5-10 minutes most of our employees caught on to the process and how the system works!

CONS

I have been using ADP Workforce Now for several years now and once I learned the processes, I haven't come across any dislikes or imperfections in my line of work.

Jenny

Events Services, 10,000+ employees

Wow it's awesome

PROS

Well it's good and easy to use and awesome

CONS

Sometimes it's sliw and gets stuck and sometimes it stops working

Cassie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Would Highly Reccommend

Wonderful experience from inception to finishing the year and running W2s. They made a complicated process very stress free and easy to use every step.

PROS

The ease of use was great. I have used multiple systems and ADP by far surpasses quality, versatility, capabilities, and ease of use.

CONS

I do not have anything really bad to say. Customer support can assist with setting up any report you need for your frequently tracked areas, but making one on your own can be difficult. It's usually addressed upon setup.

Liam

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

A Lot of Buck for Little Bang

To piggyback off the last response, the overall experience was quite poor when it came to the actual resource navigation of the site. As I took this role over managing this system, it became apparent that there was a very limited amount of knowledge as to what information this system even held, let alone how to actually access it. To take it one step further, these types of scenarios became more difficult as if there was a situation that hadn't been encountered before, only the administrator was able to handle that particular issue on behalf of the employee. Multiple times when employees attempted to handle benefit package errors/changes and were unable to make any effect. This said, if it were a personal issue, sometimes employees problems would go unresolved in lieu of having to have someone else handle that problem for them through support.

PROS

The software and services that ADP provides are some of the most wide ranging and highly customizable you can find on the market. Being the largest name, they're able to bring in partners quickly and therefore have a good amount of integrations and other employee resources that you won't be offered through smaller providers. For example, the Life Mart package for employee discount programs is easily one of the most missed pieces of our prior platform (wasn't able to find comparable tool at similar price point).

CONS

The navigation and overabundance of links (that generally lead to the same place) make this software very hard to use. On the home screen alone, there were over 30 different options of where you could go from that screen and not a ton of specificity enough to make you confidence that you're even going to the right place. Theres a lack of actual substance that bothers me. Outside of creating reporting based on the information within the system, the system itself is more or less a portal that connects all these other insurance and investment platforms. The system itself doesn't really do as much as you'd expect for what you pay for. If you're a massive organization and have daily applications of the reporting the system generates, I'm sure it would change things a bit but for your typical small company, it's a bit too deep of a package for their to be so little customization.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

At the time, the name carried a good amount of weight. Not having prior experience utilizing a similar system and bringing ADP on at this time, it provided more confidence on our end to know that we were using the tool that the majority of the industry was using.

Chelsea

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Overall ADP Review

Overall everything has been working great that we don't have to use other systems

PROS

We have multiple companies so having the ease of all the functionalities really helpds.

CONS

We had some issues with our pay codes and a few other items as we have a very complicated payroll setup but now we are good!

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

we wanted to be on the same system as our other companies

nitchell

Research, 51-200 employees

ADP GAME CHANGER

LOVE IT. Have been using it for years. my previous jobs used it and when i change careers the ADP app updated all the changes on its own

PROS

Theres so many benefits of the ADP, it keeps you organized, informed.

CONS

You do have to be connected to internet for it to work, which is all app now a days.

Belkin

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Love it! Never changing

PROS

It is very convenient for all employees to be able to access their payroll and check how everything is calculated. Also, love the section to access all w2.

CONS

Nothing to dislike. It is very straightforward and easy to manage.

Sharon

Security and Investigations, 10,000+ employees

ADTP- works fine

PROS

It's quick and easy to use to complete a number of tasks.

CONS

None that I can think of. Sometimes it's not in time with other apps

Reviewed November 2021

Minimize Admiuistration

I have been using ADP Workforce Now software program for decades. ADP Workforce Now has significantly reduced my administrative payroll process. ADP Workforce Now does the work for me! It is comforting to know ADP Workforce Now is 100% reliable. I am always confident the payroll process will run effortlessly and efficiently. I highly recommend it!

PROS

ADP Workforce Now is an excellent software program if you are interested in streamlining your payroll process and making your business run effortlessly, efficiently and eliminate your stress! ADP Workforce Now has been an industry leader for decades. The ADP Workforce Now software is user friendly; the program is self explanatory; and I process employee personal and W4 information in just a few easy steps. I also applaud the implementation team for making the initial transition/conversion process painless. The team was knowledgeable and familial with transferring my previous software program data into ADP Workforce Now with ease. The team knew exactly how transfer my historical data perfectly! Additionally, as a small business owner, I find the legal recommendations invaluable! The legal team is very responsive, knowledgeable, and assists in protecting my business from potential legal consequences.

CONS

I honestly cannot think of any cons working with ADP Workforce Now software program...It's right on point and meets all my expectations. My experience with ADP Workforce Now has been flawless.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now had/has an excellent reputation in the payroll industry. The sales person was highly knowledgeable and trained in using the product. And, more importantly, my colleagues were satisfied using ADP Workforce Now software program and highly recommended it.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now was highly recommended from a colleague. My previous company made a few too many errors. The paychecks had to be reprinted which delayed receiving the paychecks on many paydays.

Sheri

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Tragic Software & Ineffective Customer Support

The overall experience with ADP has been an absolute train wreck, from implementation to current day and I am spending approximately 40 hrs per payroll speaking to customer support and accommodating their broken software as a result of all the malfunctions with their updates. Even though I was told there were multiple requests for higher management to contact me, I have not received a single phone call from anyone at ADP to apologize for misrepresenting what their product can do and costing our company thousands of dollars at this point in unnecessary staff time accommodating their broken systems. It has been one of the most frustrating experiences I have every had to deal with and would warn anyone considering this software to run as far away from is as you can.

PROS

There is nothing I can say here that is a pro. Everything that we were told ADP Workforce would be capable of is entirely untrue.

CONS

We were told our staff would be able to track time and cost centre through their ADP Workforce App. Employees were able to track their time, but not the cost centre. Because of this, I was having to manually enter timesheet information and cost centres every day for each employee.ADP completed an update and with that update I was unable to access any new cost centre added. They have not been able to resolve this in the 10 weeks since it began which means I am now having to manually enter timesheet information and substitute cost centres and then update our journal entry with the actual costs centres.Another update was completed and now not only can I not see new cost centres in the time sheets, I can no longer export them to excel or print a pdf or even copy them as text off the website.Since the upgrade an number of our employees have not received payment even though they were on the payroll register and our account was debited for the amount. We have also had occurrences of employees only receiving half of their pay even though their pay statement shows otherwise and our account was debited for a different amount. I was instructed to comb through to double check all information even though all information had been entered correctly on our end.Most recently, our payroll date was moved from the Friday the 13th of October to Monday the 16th of October without consent or consultation with our company which resulted in a number of our staff receiving NSF charges.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

We chose ADP because we were told it was capable of doing what we needed for our payroll.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

We switched because we needed costing on time sheets that was compatible with Quickbooks.

Adrian

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

ADP

WFN solves our issues for time and attendance tracking with employees in 30 states. It provides all necessary reporting needed to report on payroll spend.

PROS

Pretty user friendly. Screen layout is easy to follow. Once employees are trained, they usually don't need any follow up.

CONS

Updates and changes are too frequent. Constant change. The Benefits sections is very hard to manage without support from ADP and working through Open Enrollment is very challenging. The Carrier API feeds are very complex.

System functionality

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

System functionality did not meet needs with growth of company.

Abby

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2018

One of the least user friendly systems I've ever used

I have nothing positive to say about ADP. I believe our company had good intentions of utilizing this software, but it has been nothing but a headache for us.

PROS

Once you're able to find the information, ADP is comprehensive and has employee's information readily accessible in several areas. I think the only positive thing I have to say about this system is that you're able to reset your login password yourself, as opposed to an administrator having to do it.

CONS

There are so many things that I do not like about this software - some of the main areas of concern/difficulty: 1. There are entirely too many "widgets" to navigate through to get to the information. Information can be accessed in so many different ways, it's confusing to find what is most efficient. Personally, I think two options is a reasonable approach. It seems like we're always finding new ways to get to the same information, as opposed to it being streamlined. I don't like all the options - we have been using ADP for almost a year now and I STILL do not know how to find certain information. 2. I am an administrator and have access to an entire team (300+ employees) information. Our employer thought that ADP would work to streamline things and make accessing their information easier. Unfortuantely, I have to go through many windows and "filters" to find the information I'm looking for. 3. There are ghosts in the system that we have not been able to determine why they keep happening. For example, we have several employees we keep entering schedules for, and despite saving them, entering them through different administrators, those employees schedules WILL NOT save. 4. This system's effectiveness is largely reliant upon a company's own data entry procedures. Someone, somewhere, is entering my team's information incorrectly. As a result, I will randomly come across employees who have been misentered into the system and our IT department has to resolve.

Hi Abby, I'm sorry to hear about your experience using the technology. I would be happy to connect with you an ADP payroll representative who can meet with you to improve the experience. Please contact me at will.blalock@adp.com

Replied January 2019

Samridh

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Easy to Use and Easy to Manage

PROS

Our company transitioned to ADP 3 years ago and in the past three years I have really grown to like ADP. - Easy to manage my PTO and see balances I can easily log into ADP and see how much balance is left. Previously I had to wait for my paycheck to look at it and keep note of it. Otherwise everything was stored on the SAP system and SAP codes were too hard to remember. I like the online platform a lot better with ADP. Apply for PTO is also a piece of cake. Simply choose the date (calendar is shown on right) and submit the hours. - Notifications ADP is really good about notifying the user if there is any mails waiting in the inbox. Any approvals or disapprovals, documents and announcements on ADP gets sent straight to my work email and it helps me to remember that I should go and check it out. - Everything in one place All my Paychecks, Tax Documents, Health and Dental Benefits, Policies etc are on one spot. They are all properly placed under specific tabs so after some clicking around I was able to easily get to the page I needed too. I also like that I can download my information and documents in a pdf format and store it computer for later access. I no longer have to email HR and ask for my tax document if I lost it or ask what is the health/dental plan i enrolled in. Even enrolling or changing the benefits plan is super easy and it is all done inside the ADP at the beginning of each year.

CONS

- Outdated look I think ADP could enhance their website a bit more than what it is. I do like their simplicity however more helpful links in the front page would be nice so that I do not have to click through 3 pages to submit a PTO. - More details needed I would prefer each page to have some details on what this page is for and how it can be used. Some sort of front page explanation would be nice. The first few months I emailed my HR every single time to figure out how to do the simplest of things - Update takes time When there is an updated I have notice some delays. Whether it be on my PTO approval or my salary increase. The system updates takes the longest.

Cyndi

Information Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2019

WFN Review

I have been expanding the functions within WFN - we added time and attendance this year and plan on using other feature to help us grow and scale our payroll. I find as the complexities of our payroll increases, WFN can handle and grow with us.

PROS

The flexibility it provides. Depending upon the company's complexities - you can use as little or as much as you need from the system. It integrates with other systems too (Workday, etc) to help automate processes.

CONS

It is a difficult to have multiple payroll runs at the same time. When you are in a public company with stock and regular payroll runs on the same day - the system can do it - but it is not easy to flow between the two payroll runs.

Management decision.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

I was not part of that decision.

Deborah

Renewables & Environment, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2016

ADP Workforce Now -- Payroll, but so much more!!!

I have used ADP payroll in different companies throughout my Human Resources career. It has gone from a great payroll program to an amazing, easy to use payroll and people management tool that blows the competition away. I cannot imagine running our companies Human Resources Department without it. Over the last year, ADP Workforce Now has updated and improved its entire program. There is online training at your fingertips. Employees can easily manage their individual information by using the many self-service features. The mobile app is easily downloaded from an android or apple phone and allows employees to have access to their payroll information anytime and from almost anywhere. The payroll process is easy to manage and reports are easy to access or create. This allows managers and employees to have accurate information at their fingertips which in turn helps them make decisions based on real-time information. I cannot say enough good things about ADP Workforces Now! Go with the best -- you will be glad you did.

PROS

The many features if offers. It is easy to use. The support is at your fingertips and if you cannot find the answer, you can pick up the phone and real people are there to help. This is just the beginning of the wonderful software packages amazing features.

CONS

There are so many features built into the software and it is sometimes difficult to know everything that is available. Also, when you add some new features it seems like there is a lot of add on costs. I think it would be best to be able to pick from a variety of package features up front. Maybe spending more time learning the needs of the company upfront and setting up the software to meet those needs upfront would help keep costs lower.

Deborah - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product. You have completely captured what we have tried to do, provide an easy to use software program, supported by an excellent Customer Service team, that allows you to get your administrative task done more quickly and spend time on value-add activities in business. I love that you call out our reporting enables you to make real-time decisions for your business. Please let me know if I can ever assist you with anything at all at ADP. lori.wilmot@adp.com

Replied December 2016