What are Airtable users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Airtable software through verified user reviews

1,342 Reviews

• icon"Airtable is great, it has really powerful tools for creating tables that you can customize and adapt perfect to any need of your team."
  • icon"A lot of nice built in features to force you to be organized about planning and recording adventures."
  • icon"Templates available for you to kickstart. Powerful spreadsheets with relations, and more awesome features."
  • icon"Airtable shows deleted words with a line crossing the words or sentences which could have been written in error."
  • icon"At first it was so hard to grasp but when you get used to it, you forget about the hardship you had as a first time user."
  • icon"Sometimes it takes a long time to work out what you have done wrong (in my case a misplaced comma)."

Browse all Airtable Reviews

• Have you used Airtable and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,343 reviews

Sam

Company size: 501 - 1,000 employees

Beautiful database manager

Aslihan

June 2022

Great tool for user experience researchers

My overall experience with Airtable is very positive. I enjoy using it quite a lot.

Pros

I use Airtable mostly to manage user research data and I find it quite easy to use. All of the functionality and features on it, such as linking records, lots of useful apps and data visualization tools, and integration with other platforms I frequently use have eased my life quite a lot. And I'm in love with its newly integrated feature Interfaces. I'm thankful to Airtable for saving me from dealing with Excel sheets.

Cons

There is no text formatting option available. For example, it is sometimes quite necessary to highlight some part of the text i.e. by making it bold, on the records, but unfortunately, it's possible to do this currently.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

For a better user experience

Adnan

June 2022

All-in-one product for marketing & information management

Pros

We use Airtable as almost anything. If you are familiar with Airtable, you know that it can be anything. Just to name a few: Marketing task management Document and resource listing Forms for recruiting or surveys Content planning CRM Documenting any sort of research Visualising simple data Expense tracking

Cons

Airtable's some of the premium features are not very clear. So sometimes you have to stuck in some free features without knowing that you are already over capacity. However, using this product with free option for about 2-3 years in 2 different company so far. It's great! I also use Airtable for personal stuff like school applications, job hunting, and document/resource listing.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Airtable is great with free option.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Excel is useless for task or project management.

Travis

May 2022

So many options but takes too much time to get a good use out of it

Pros

Airtable has a lot of features and can be used for many things.

Cons

It takes too long to setup an effective table that actually eases your workload.

Denise

June 2022

Airtable is a great collaborative project manager

My team and I like Airtable because it helps us keep track of all of our clients in one central location. My initial impression was that it wouldn't really make a difference in our regular operations, but now I see how wrong I was. With Airtable, users are able to work with many data types in a grid-based environment. It also facilitates the development of cloud-based apps that are easily integrated with other infrastructure.

Pros

One of my favorite features is the ability to personalize each of my boards. Not only that, but I have the ability to work closely with my team by syncing and discussing our respective projects and making use of our shared notes. It's incredible how many wonderful things there are in the Universe. Airtable helps me plan out my monthly social media posts in advance. I'm able to keep on top of things and make timely social media posts because I plan ahead. My knowledge and experience have taught me to be more methodical and cooperative in my job.

Cons

Every once in a while, things aren't as user-friendly as they could be. Sometimes I'll make my own template, but first I'll look at tens of others to get ideas. Be patient with the procedure; it will take some time to complete. Once set up, the interface is typically straightforward.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

When it comes to teamwork and organizing projects, Airtable is unparalleled. Sharing and storing information in the cloud is a breeze for collaborative teams. Accessing all of your data across several devices is a breeze. Using Airtable, you may switch between a grid view and a list view of your data.

I Prefer Airtable to Google Sheets

Pros

If you're looking for a cleaner, more aesthetically pleasing step up from Google Sheets, Airtable is definitely the way to go. The base templates provided make it easy to set up a table, kan ban board, calendar, or gallery view for the same set of information you're looking to track. I often use Airtable both professionally and personally, tracking both the status of video production for my company but also movies I'm watching, personal goals, personal "to do list" tasks, and travel plans. Airtable is also a fantastic application for team collaboration. Assignments can be easily delegated, tracked, and completed in one, central location for all to follow, and views can be customized to narrow down the contents of a base to only the information relevant to each individual team member.

Cons

Airtable is a bit limited in its capabilities. The one application I would prefer to use over Airtable in many instances is Notion. Notion's "pages" are a very malleable, flexible-feeling aspect of its software, and I've yet to see a comparable aspect of Airtable's software.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Google Sheets feels a bit too formulaic and boring. You feel as if you're starting from absolute scratch every time you need to create a table. The clean, simplistic look of Airtable and its user-friendly setup makes it feel much easier to use, and customize.

Wesley

Good for managing data

Pros

My school doesn't use many of the features Airtable offers but I really like how easy it is to input and organize our data with multiple people doing inputs.

Cons

For what we use it for it is perfect. I do not have anything to complain about.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

It seemed like a better option that wasn't bogged down by all the others things Sheets does.

Richard

Industry: Machinery

June 2022

An exceptionally user-friendly tool for project planning and data management.

I have been using Airtable for a significant length of time, and it has impressed me from the beginning. It has helped me organize project resources and relevant data, and it has been critical in scheduling tasks and events. I have also used in a personal capacity to help organize my home, and keep meticulous records of valuable possessions. This same system of inventory management is easily scaled up for a business of any size.

Pros

The first thing that I noticed when I started using this software was how user-friendly the entire platform is. Every feature is labeled clearly and the UI effectively draws attention to each area of interest. Another noteworthy aspect of the UI is how visually appealing the display is. The colors used for the menu bar and the menus on either side of the main content are bright, vibrant hues that contrast with the easily legible white main display where your content is input.

Cons

The free version omits some useful features that could be useful to personal users; these include some of the "views" that are used to determine what kind chart is going to be created, specifically the "timeline" and "gantt" views. Also, the number of attachments and imported data records are limited in the free version.

Malcolm

Industry: Computer Games

Airtable Review

Excellent tool for creating databases and managing tasks.

Pros

Airtable is a terrific tool that can be tailored to your organization's specific requirements. I like how we can personalize and monitor many Airtable datasets. In fact, even the free form has several redo choices. Another thing I enjoy about this tool is the restricted amount of view options; it allows us to observe information in a variety of ways. It has an attractive user interface with several places for graphic work operations and messages. It's comparable to scribbling work planning chores on a blackboard, only we can do it online and get real-time updates. The price is cheap for businesses of all sizes, and it is scalable.

Cons

The design and flow of Airtable are rather generic and not necessarily suitable for all applications. Airtable might benefit from stronger mathematical functions. For example, calculating a formula based on a filter, such as an aggregate function, is quite complicated.

Very Powerful Way to Organize Projects & Tasks

We've finally found a good software for organizing all our projects along with the various stages each project needs to go through.

Pros

Airtable gives you tons of flexibility. You can adapt it to organize projects, tasks, vendors, contacts, team members, and deadlines. And you can connect them all across different bases. We've used to change to a different software to organize our projects every six months or so, but could never find one that could fit everything we needed. We've stuck with airtable the longest because you can program it to do just about anything.

Cons

There is a learning curve to using the software. But once you figure it out you can do a lot with it.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Couldn't find software that could organize projects and allow for good sub-task features.

June 2022

Best bug/task-tracking tool on the market!

Pros

My team primarily used this software in order to track our immediate tasks and bugs needing to be fixed. The vibrant layout and excellent collaboration features enabled us to conveniently assign tasks in categories ranging from "Urgent", "In Progress", and "Complete" while working on our respective long-term projects.

Cons

I noticed a few difficulties in utilizing all of Airtable's features while working with their API. Additionally, costs can increase substantially as teams grow and require varying resources.

Madelyn

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

June 2022

Airtable Makes Our World Go Round!

We LOVE. AIRTABLE! It's something we use daily, and it is the heart of our operation. We could not be as cohesive and productive without it. They are always updating, changing, and improving their software, and we are so grateful for that. We recommend Airtable to anyone and everyone we encounter in the business world, and I personally use the free version of Airtable to help organize my own personal life in many different ways (Christmas shopping, garden planning, groceries, etc.). It's not often you find a program that can help fully organize and run a business, while also being able to be an asset in your personal life, and Airtable bridges that gap beautifully. I could not recommend Airtable any more highly!

Pros

We love Airtable here at Kindred, and use it consistently, every single day. It's our hub for data, collaboration, task management, some scheduling, and just general across the board connectivity. It's consistently being updated and upgraded with new and improved features that we are always looking to implement. Airtable can do it all. It's great for our team because of the option for different views of the same information. Some team members are most productive with a classic "excel" view, while others prefer more pictures/visually appealing views to help them find the most success. Airtable allows all of that flexibility for our whole team, and as I've said before, we couldn't live without it.

Cons

In terms of cons, there are a few things that I think could make Airtable better. For example, while there are lots of online forums and resources for any question you could imagine regarding how to make Airtable work even better for your team, we are unable to hop on a call with any customer service representatives. Call me old school, but this is something that is truly a big downside for me, when I'm not able to jump on a phone call and ask a few quick questions. They do get back to you over email, however, it typically takes 2-3 times as long to resolve an issue that way. It would also be nice to just have the chance to hop on a Zoom call with an Airtable representative to talk about ways to make our Base work better, and I'm not aware of any way that is possible! The other thing is, there is no way to connect emails/texts/phone calls to the base. For us, that would be a game changer, if we were able to merge our email server with Airtable, and would help us be even more synchronized and organized. Not a must - but it's definitely on our dream list!

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Truly, we chose Airtable because of the cost at first, but now, after using it, we would choose it over any program simply because of how versatile and incredible it is for our company.

Pius

Airtable

I love Airtable. I can't leave it for any other alternative out there, free and whatnot. Our data is easily accessible, trackable and so much easier to manage and manipulate with real-time impact. Airtable functions smoothly within our workflows, it's easy to manage, and is highly scalable. We love it.

Pros

Automations! Automating workflows is very important for my business because we are very few and manage a huge customer base. This takes a lot off our plates and we can focus more on the tasks we can't automate. Workflows such as weekly digests, where we send a different message to customers in different views, with specific data respective to each group. For us, automation is the real deal!

Cons

I can't really complain about Airtable's shortcomings to be really honest. But I guess that's just me. However, one problem I assume new users face though is the realization that they still need a lot of their Excel and spreadsheet skills here with Airtable formulas. It is not as friendly in that department to inexperienced users. I suppose that could be a con for new users not proficient with Excel sheets or spreadsheets in general.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Airtable is Google Sheets on Steroids! It just offers a lot more and is very affordable.

The Google Sheet of your dreams

There is a slight learning curve, but I found Airtable to be really customizable to your unique needs and also your unique perspective on how to use the software. Being able to change the views a zillion different ways and filter accordingly makes it easy for anyone on our team to jump in, find the information they need and organize their own work in a way that makes the most sense to them.

Pros

I love that Airtable largely functions (at least visually) like an Excel doc, which so many of us use to organize ideas and plan projects in a grid form. It maintains that structure but seriously levels up what you can do with the information you put in it.

Cons

There have been times when I did miss the simplicity of a Google Sheet/Excel in organizing my information, like being able to merge cells or intersect certain columns/rows visually, but not by the data itself. I wish there was an option that could give you an Airtable view that functioned like a flat excel doc if you needed it to.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Low cost, easy "onboarding" and a more seamless transition from Google Sheets to something more robust.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

We wanted something that we could better track statuses and workflows without needing a legend as to what different colors/typefaces/etc meant in a flat spreadsheet.

April 2022

Powerful and flexible collaboration tool

Overall, Airtable has given us a flexible collaboration tool which allowed us to work more efficiently, both internally, and externally with our various stakeholders.

Pros

I like how easy it is to switch between a tabular view and a kanban view for the same data. We always needed an easy visual tool (kanban) for our workflow but also needed a tabular view for an overall look of our work. Airtable seamlessly combines these two along with other features.

Cons

The dashboarding feature is quite new and is still a bit limited. The row limitation is a little too low.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Easy to share and collaborate with Google SSO, has more features compared to Trello.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

We needed a forms functionality so we can take in requests from people outside our team.

Vasilis

A good organizer.

That's the one app I am using all day. Restrictions, everywhere, as it's a kind of pseudo-database, but something like an improved excell sheet with database in it. Its my preferred app because of the easy fast way to organize my work. Sharing tables with colaborators may be tricky because charge may come higher than you thought.

Pros

This is the case, when I can only tell cons, however I am using Airtable every day, organizing all my business with it. It's not a powerful database like Caspio for example, there are lots of things don't work as should. BUT it's a handy, internet based database, allowing you to easy create views, and see information sorted, to hide fields ot group by a field it's probably the best way in my opinion, you can view the information the way its most productive for you. check boxes, multi-select or single select fields, autonumbering and a range of colors you can use to see information , easy way to introduce colaboration with "Make" - ex- Integromat , and Zapier and Jotforms and more makes Airtable a handy tool. I would not give 5 starts to any of its features. And still is the application I use everyday to plan my jobwork.

Cons

Deduplication fields. Guys, please: I need to deduplicate all lines, pressing one button. Why can't you include the option 'dedup all' - on my own risk and I have to do it one-by-one and ask me if i agree? And the 'merge option' is buggy. Automations are buggy. It's a feature supposed to run javascript code, that's not exactly working here. Also, to combine tables and fields, as they say it's handy but doing many things here one by one, and can't press to apply some rule to all , is really missing. However, if you do small tasks, it's probably the best app.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Airtable is very simple, to keep any business information. I am not sure however how secure is storing sensitive information to airtable.

Miles

March 2022

Airtable is our daily driver and trusted data keeper

Overall Airtable is a great product that we will continue to use because the alternative, competitive products simply do not have the feature set, and are even more difficult to learn. We find that with Airtable we can be as productive as possible in a reasonable amount of time, and feel secure that our data is safe.

Pros

Airtable, once learned, is simple to use for data collection, data management, and reporting. We like being able to build custom forms, quickly, to add data to records and it makes our employee's jobs easier. The mobile features are strong and allow us to get work done on the road by phone, and we feel like our data is safe and accessible.

Cons

Airtable has a learning curve for admin and users. Not to say this is Airtable's fault, but to say Airtble is "plug and play" would be false. This learning curve has proven time consuming and creates delays when onboarding new employees who's strength is not data management platforms.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Kintone could not support the amount of records for the price we needed, and Airtable had an easier interface that agreed with our style. As a non-profit one of our highest priorities is budget and Airtable accommodated our record needs at a fair rate.

ZOHO is clumsy at best.

Jay

December 2021

Quite possibly the most valuable piece of software that I've ever used.

I use airtable to keep track of everything in my work and personal lives. It has huge advantages over classic spreadsheets (many more features) and is a great, user friendly way to allow regular non-technical people to create complex databases without them even realizing it. I try everything on the web and I've used numerous spreadsheet, database and app builders and Airtable blows all of them out of the water and so far out of the water that they are no longer visible.

Pros

Airtable's flexibility to be configured and used for almost anything in the universe that you'd like to track is the best thing about this app.

Cons

Almost unheard of these days, but I'd like to see real-time support via chat or phone. Email just doesn't work for me.

Cost and ease of use.

Cost and feature set

Molly

Industry: Photography

Longtime Airtable User

I hands down would not be able to track my incoming flow of client work without Airtable. It was a final solution to a really big problem. It's easy on the eyes and easy to compartmentalize my project workflow.

Pros

The simplest form of using Airtable is still so much better than using Excel Spreadsheets. Airtable is fairly easy to use, however, does take a bit of time to learn about so many of the features it has to offer. I could probably apply more time in learning how it could further benefit the way I use it every day in my business.

Cons

I do find there are SO MANY great features, it might be nice to have an onboarding specialist... heck I've been such a long-time user maybe they have this. Their customer support is top-notch and quick to respond to any requests.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

I had seen these other products about a year into using Airtable and was pretty content with my current situation, I took a look at ClickUp and it just seemed too bloated for what I needed. Monday also. Airtable is just a lot easier to use in a simple manner or a more complex manner when you are ready for it.

Steve

Literally Use It For Everything - And LOVE It!

Pros

I own 3 different businesses, an instrument manufacturing business, marketing agency, and automotive wheel repair business - very different I know haha. Airtable is completely vital for every single one AND for all the clients I manage in there as well on top of personal use. I literally use Airtable for everything from lead management to production management and tracking to home projects. Here are a few key things I love, 1. How easy it is to use. I can create a custom database/spreadsheet/whatever so incredibly fast even on my phone! 2. The capability of Airtable is amazing. The fact that I can use it for a simple to do list with some more advanced ability all the way to tracking inventory for thousands of items, building quotes, tracking where different drum kits are in the production process and what still needs to be done or ordered then creating a purchase order from that all within 1 table - for FREE - is absolutely amazing to me. 3. The referral credits and program is awesome! 4. Collaboration is very easy and I love how you can have a conversation with the team even on each record. it makes creating new advertising campaigns or taking with my team about a specific drum kit etc. so easy. 5. It updates everywhere so fast so I can keep tabs on my different teams in real time and see if they need anything. I can't say enough good things about Airtable.

Cons

The only con for me is the price. Once you move to paid forms its not expensive at first but once you add team members and add more bases it can get out of hand very fast. I have been able to run everything for free for years but I do wish we could utilize things like their app market or different colors etc. but I just cant justify the price.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

When we picked airtable, smartsheet was just way too complicated and hard to use and didnt look nice either. The interface on Airtable was much much better and easier to use (and still is in my opinion). And google sheets we still use often because it is a concessional spreadsheet but if Airtable could do complex formulas as much as Google sheets could I wouldn't use Google sheets anymore.

Colin

A robust, flexible tool for organizing just about anything

I have built web-based apps to manage content for membership sites in the past, and first explored Airtable as a way to shorten and simplify the development process. This was a real success. I found it easy and quick to set up equivalent databases, storing content that could be customized on the fly for individual users, and controlling availability of assets by subscription level, by embedding views of an Airtable base on my own site. I have also used Airtable to build apps for managing simple manufacturing and order fulfillment workflows, and for agricultural herd and asset management. Airtable makes it far simpler and faster to set up a productive app than by building and coding a custom solution.

Pros

I found it very easy to get started building useful bases. There are a lot of features and the possibilities are almost limitless, but the basics are fairly easy to understand, and very flexible, so once you get used to the way the tools work you can modify things and build out your bases quickly. A key feature is the library of example bases. You can install a clone of any of them into your own account and use it as a starting point for your own project, or just explore how it's built to learn how everything works. I really appreciate how easy it is to move existing data into Airtable bases, and to export them. Again, very flexible. I find the app quite intuitive, and the help docs are excellent when questions come up. It's a huge time saver when compared to what would be required to build a database and web app interface from scratch.

Cons

I haven't find much to dislike. Early on I did hit the limits for the number of records available in a free account, but since it's free it's not really a complaint, just a limitation to be aware of. I have found it a bit challenging to set up some more complex field relationships, for example calculations based on summaries of grouped records, but the newer add on functionalities allowing scripted manipulation of data in fields and conditional operations make it possible to do just about anything you can think of, so if you're ready for a paid account you can find a way to do most anything.

Ibrahim

Best Database for a Non-Coder

I love Airtable because I am able to build simple but useful custom programs and databases while knowing basically zero code. Although there are really key features that stop Airtable just short of perfect, it is still leagues better than a normal spreadsheet for sure.

Pros

Airtable has the power and functionality of a database but is as easy to use as a spreadsheet! As someone who sells software (saas), Airtable allowed me to essentially create programs for my clients even though I do not code. Airtable sets the new gold standard for what a spreadsheet should be able to do. i cannot go back to a normal spreadsheet now.

Cons

There are a few critical features you'll run into that stop this software from being perfect unfortunately. It's a shame too because they seem very obviously needed and demanded; things like having storage space increase option past premium plan limit, writing formula across cells from multiple tables instead of just the same table, etc. I have hope these things will be part of the development roadmap soon though.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Airtable is a database, not just a spreadsheet. It allows me to build more complex programs complete with automations, integrations, & an API. A normal spreadsheet just can't match that.

Bryn

A Near-Perfect Collaboration Tool, No Wobble to This Table

Task and project management with a large team of executives, editors, coordinators and supervisors in an 95% Work-From-Home environment.

Pros

The visual element of this software really sets itself apart from others. This was an easy transition coming from an entertainment background where most everything was done on note cards. Here's a brief list of the good: - There are multiple views catering to organizational preferences of whichever user is utilizing the software. - Alerts are set up easily and can be automated to limit the amount personal email communication needed. Meaning that when a cell is altered a member of the team can get an instant notification. - Data management is a breeze, attaching files to the Airtable sheet is as simple as drag and drop and allows for multiple people to edit the same documents. -Labels and color coordination help to add order to projects with lots of moving parts. The bottom line is that this software is near-perfect for a team to work collaboratively on a common goal and limits the amount of needless communication that usually drains a companies productivity.

Cons

Permissions could be a little cleaner when working in a dual authentication paradigm. The learning curve is pretty steep, rightly so, in that this is a very versatile software with lots of bells and whistles and it would behoove the user to watch some of the Airtable produced learning content.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

Versatility, ease of intercommunication and functionality.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Needed something more versatile.

Kevin

Once You Start Using Airtable, You'll never use Excel Again!

My experience has been amazing. I don't see myself ever switching to another type of software again and I for sure am going to upgrade it to use it even more.

Pros

Where to even begin! I love how it's the 21st century excel spreadsheet. I can collaborate and keep track of clients and projects all under one document. I also, love how it live updates and the amount of features that airtable could give my company keeps growing. Because it's such a broad type of software I can customize it to exactly my needs and exactly my preferences.

Cons

There are some limitations with the advanced features, but that is understandable because the free version (which I use) is already so powerful that I can't believe they are offering it for free.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

I wanted something that had pre-made templates and something that could be shared to anyone on any device.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

I needed something that didn't require someone to have a Microsoft account and that could be on my phone or on my computer or where I was.

alia

Our Content Calendar!

Amazing, I use it everyday. It’s been so helpful!!

Pros

Flexibility! I love being able to have a calendar, kanban, timeline, visual gallery all in one. We use this for all our content planning and management. We tried so many solutions and this is what finally worked for us.

Cons

It has many features but at times it’s hard to know the best way to build things out, none of the templates for workbases were close enough to build off from. Wish it was easier to link information within different tabs in bases.

Reasons for choosing Airtable

It has so many views. It’s not too much of a drain on resources to set up. Very affordable.

Reasons for switching to Airtable

Asana is great but wasn’t the right fit for us for this use. We still use it for project management just not content. It was easier to have all the visuals and fluid views that airtable did.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,343 reviews