• Pros

• "It was very Easy to implement and maintain. Plus the tracking capabilities were awesome. "

• "User friendly - easy to adapt. The customer service is awesome. "

• "Ease of setup, ease of training and ability to customize to your unique needs"

• Cons

• " Some flaws in the system - but I believe the company is always willing to help and listen to suggestions on enhancements."

• "Would like a few more enhancements and communications about upcoming enhancements in the pipeline"

• "I've had some issues with functionality (not saving the content of a project summary) but believe it to be browser-related vs. Robohead platform"

Browse RoboHead Reviews

Jeff from Jeff Wert Design

Best project management software for mid-sized business

Used greatly in our entire marketing department to handle creative projects. Robohead allowed our creative team to function very much as a full-fledged marketing agency.

Pros

Ease of use, great communicating tools internally and easily scaleable.

Cons

Took quite some time to iron out the bugs and make the software work for our purposes.

Diane from Pearson

Marketing Traffic Manager

In my role as administrator and marketing traffic manager, I have used Robohead in all its versions since 2011, while at two different companies. Robohead gives me the tools I need to do my job in overseeing all the department's projects, deadlines, resources, and tasks, from start to finish. The basic construct of the project is very good. Functionality, we're able to categorize a job as a request or project, and to easily identify whether it's active or archived. All our projects are entered here, and all related files are attached to their projects. The library is a place where we store the most sought-after assets. I customize reports to suit the needs of our three weekly project meetings. Fortunately there is enough flexibility built into the filtering that we can always generate a meaningful report, or at least one that serves as a baseline, a starting point. To me, the key is defining your project fields such that you can sort, filter, and report out on the most important information you manager or associates would ever need. One of the biggest selling points for us is the review process and its related functionality. It gave us the platform to reach out beyond our internal marketing group to other teams in the company or elsewhere, and to be able to capture everyone's input in one space. The notification process has gone a long way in making Robohead as functionally practical as it is. I think it might still be a little too complicated, but it's an effective communication and audit tool in the system. No software is perfect, however we appreciate that the developers are continually working on Robohead. What would make the application incredible is dynamic scheduling of some typeWhen schedules get behind, it takes considerable task management on my part to ensure that due dates in everyone's My Work are updated and meaningful. Also, I'd like to see one function return'actual versus projected task due dates.

Pros

Flexibility - you allow the user (administrator) to easily manipulate the system to suit our needs.

Cons

No connection between task predecessors and tasks displayed in My Work. Users don't look at the bigger picture, so if a job is running behind there is no way for them to know that unless they go into the project itself. Most users rely on My Work, and that doesn't always sync up with reality. Requires manual intervention by someone to always be manipulating the tasks.

Jay from ITW Global Brands

Robohead is great solution to creative project management.

We were facing a failing software solution and Robohead helped us to quickly get up and running with a PM solution that worked.

Pros

Cons

Not as customizable as I would like. It was difficult to integrate our custom numbering system.

Reasons for Choosing RoboHead

Ease of implementation and price.

Response from Aquent

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Jay! We greatly appreciate having ITW Global Brands as part of the RoboHead family! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team regarding any customization issues you experience. We're always ready to help! Cheers! - The RoboHead Team

The most confusing project management software

Robohead makes me want to chuck my computer out of the window.

Pros

Almost nothing except for the review functionality.

Cons

Nothing is user friendly, shifting tasks makes no sense and my team and I constantly have to go in and manually adjust things. Glitchy and finicky. We have had three meetings in two months to go over how to use this software and every time something goes wrong during the demo. THREE meetings with all the same people because literally everyone has something go wrong when they submit a project.

Response from Aquent

Replied January 2019

Hello, We are sorry to hear that you've had such an unfortunate experience with our project management software. We would be happy to help address the issues you have been experiencing. Would you please contact us at roboheadsupport@aquent.com so that we may assist? Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We look forward to hearing from you. - The RoboHead Team

Alexander from American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

Great tool for a daily project management use

RoboHead is our main project management tool, it is easy to use once you had all your forms set-up. We were able to import all our data from our previous management tool which has thousands of project information since 2001.

Pros

I like the wide arrange of options RoboHead has. We had been using it for a couple of years and still finding new things we can do with it. The file review process is so nice, especially if you have many reviewers, Robohead put all the comments into one file and that help us save a lot of time and be more efficient. You can control all the aspect of the review process on one screen (who has replied, how many comment you had received, due date, reminders, notes, etc.).

Cons

We can't customize how a form result is printed. You get an excel file that has to be formatted and that is very time consuming.

Michelle from Indiana University Health

I really could not do my job without the help of RoboHead.

It allows me to be the very best at what I do. I have come to rely very heavily on the notifications from RH to keep things moving.

Pros

I like that what I see, how I see it and when I see it is up to me. Notifications based on preferences is awesome! Auto notifications help me stay on top of 100+ projects at all times. Also RoboHead has the best help feature I've ever encountered. If you can't find the answer or a video about your question, the help desk team is extremely responsive to questions and will always keep you posted on their progress.

Cons

The one thing I think is missing is that you can't connect a task to the actual action to be auto completed. For example, if you have a task to approve a review and you do click "approve all" it would be great if the task was automatically marked complete.

Stephen from Mapei

Experience has been great overall. Great technical support!

Pros

One of the main things about this program that set it apart from others we vetted was the scheduling as well as reviewing capabilities.

Cons

- Could be more robust markup features/tools in the Review (ex: Adobe markup capability) - There are too many ways to do/view the same thing such as say Setting a Task status, this becomes confusing to a lot of users because the mark a review complete and think that they have completed their task but they still need to clear their task as a predecessor - The Tabs on the left (ex: Campaigns, Notes, Reviews) should be customizable viewing like other columns - The Priority list View in My Work should have dynamic column headings to sort tasks by due date like it is able to do in Sort ListView not just dragging and moving tasks into position

Mark from In-Shape Health Clubs

My RoboHead Review

It accomplishes the task of allowing us to communicate amongst ourselves on a singular tool all whole being able to see the assets that are being discussed.

Pros

- A great way for our Creative Team & Marketing Team to collaborate on projects, leave notes, edits, etc. - Very excel-like in the sense of how the important details of the jobs (due dates, submission dates, deploy dates) are all listed upfront for the user to see

Cons

- When systematic changes are done on the back end it can have ripple effects across all jobs, therefore forcing job owners to resubmit jobs again - Things are bucketed in ways where they can all live in the same space if need be so the user doesn' have to hop tab to tab.

Geri from Waddell & Reed

RoboHead Use in Marketing Department

We are using RoboHead to garner data on types of projects, number of projects and time efficiencies.

Pros

User friendly - easy to adapt. The customer service is awesome.

Alan from Airrosti

Great for marketing and design teams!

Good, clean project management

Pros

Easy to use "badges" (like on iOS apps) shows you how many items you're working on, or how many items need to be reviewed. Integrates with email seamlessly. Solid project management platform for design teams or marketers alike.

Cons

EXCEL SPREADSHEETS (if you've ever heard of those) are not supported for Markup View in Review mode! Had to do a double take on that one. Such an intuitive and organized project management tool, except for that glaring oversight.

Andrew from Sentry Insurance

Project Management and More

Robohead not only acts as a solid project management tool, but the benefits of reporting has been instrumental in supporting the need for justifying new staff in addition to demonstrating work volume by department teams and team members. When all embrace the system, it allows for consistent workflow that keeps project moving smoothly. While no system replaces communication, Robohead provides functionality that allows for collaboration, documentation, approvals, archive retrieval, searching and other processes instrumental in a successful workflow. When issues occur, the support team is prompt to respond and speaks in easy-to-understand language to resolve the issue.

Pros

Reporting capabilities Review functionality Having notes snyc with emails

Cons

Customizing Task schedules (adding or removing Tasks and inefficiencies) Having no way to assign delegates for team members during absences

Ann from Arch Corporate Services

Great for a Marketing and Communications Team

Our team has used Robohead for over 5 years and we are expanding it to multiple teams. Its easy to implement and very flexible to set it up for the needs of your unique processes. Its the right blend of easy to train and use - yet has enough depth to manage a team and multiple projects at once. Reports give you visibility to your work and options to measure it. It's pricing plan is affordable. My biggest kudos go to my account manager - who is always responsive to my needs and the support team who respond immediately. I would recommend this software to anyone that needs to turn chaos into organization.

Pros

Ease of setup, ease of training and ability to customize to your unique needs

Melissa from mclark@bluemarblebrands.com

Best Project Management Tool Out There for Creative and Marketing Teams!

I've been using Robohead for over 10 years now. During that time, we've looked at other PM platforms just to make sure we were keeping up with the times but no other option has ever compared to Robohead's ease of use, functionality, intuitive interface, and customer support team. The tool is really easy to use, even for new associates. Any program like this takes some getting used to but the learning curve on using Robohead is really short. On a daily basis we have over 200 projects in Robohead, so needless to say we need a tool like this to keep everything on-track. Robohead is the tool that keeps us organized and productive. We never have issues with the program itself and when ever questions arise, the customer support team at Robohead is super knowledgeable and very responsive. If you're looking for a PM tool for your Creative or Marketing team, Robohead is your best bet!

Pros

ease of use, reporting

While at first it can seem convoluted, once you dig in deep, you will realize how feature-rich it is

Pros

What I like most is how detailed you can be on every project. The ability to divide projects on multiple levels (from campaigns to individual projects to individual tasks) and gate them based on what task has been completed is incredibly helpful. Also, the reviews section is set up in such a way that makes collaboration very easy (the ability to compare and contrast multiple versions of a document along with their related comments makes it very easy to track changes and make new revisions)

Cons

The interface is not incredibly attractive, and when first getting used to the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. If there are a lot of people making notes on a project, it can be kind of difficult to follow the hierarchy of the thread (It would be better if you could organize notes by users).

Great for Marketing Groups

Pros

Accountability for your team, web based, easy to use. Customizable & flexible. Customer support is quick and responsive.

Cons

This last update changed the way the Dashboard and Product detail pages look (format and layout) I really don't like the new look and it's harder to read and find what I need. I would go back to the older version in a heartbeat. Changing something for the sake of change is not a reason to make changes. The majority of software companies have this same problem. They think they have enough input on the new "update" but they don't and they jump in based on goals and deadlines instead of asking. DO WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS? WHY AND IS IT BETTER THAN BEFORE?

Karol from Spectranetics

Industry: Medical Devices

Keeps me on track, eliminates email madness

As a marcom manager, I work with various vendors to accomplish our project work. Before Robohead it was a constant email search to find the latest version attachment or refresh my memory on project status. Robohead is easy and flexible - you can develop a highly detailed campaign brief or simply open a project and associate tasks, receiving an email reminder at due date. When you're juggling numerous projects and priorities, it's great to have a one-stop destination to refresh on project status and do easy on-line reviews of work in progress. My designers won't start work on a project without a Robohead entry! I've used Basecamp - which is a great solution, but Robohead is so easy and accessible and a bargain for the price.

Pros

Ease, flexibility of use Love the review mode - make revisions and the vendor is alerted Can share reviews across the team without forwarding attachments Eliminates need for email attachments and finding most recent version Love the library where even very large final files can be uploaded and shared

Dave from Littelfuse

Powerful project management tool that generally speaking, is usually easy to navigate through.

Better organization and coordination of all our projects, with a wide variety of options on how to effectively and efficiently manage everything.

Pros

There are a wealth of features and functionalities in this software that allow the user to customize their experience and adapt to their specific needs. Projects, tasks, notes, files and more facets of each project can all be setup, controlled, monitored and navigated to optimize everyone's workloads and project statuses.

Cons

Because of the expansive options available, there can sometimes be almost too many checkboxes or options that aren't always the most intuitive or user-friendly to navigate through. I've had a few experiences where I'm looking for something that appears to be pretty basic, and when I mention it to our Project Leader, the response is "Oh...you need to check this here and then it will work". So there's definitely a learning curve involved, but probably not all that different than most similar softwares.

Chelsea from Direct Energy Business, Polyconcept North America, etc.

Project management is difficult. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

In the best of times, project management requires tracking down absent deliverables, analyzing data to predict when things will be done, and communicating information to stakeholders so they don't make your life miserable with aggressive update requests. RoboHead helps you multitask like a pro -- even if you aren't one. The Gantt chart view has had a relatively long run as a project management tool, but RoboHead makes utilizing it a breeze. To illustrate project completion dates, progress, and milestones, as well as dependencies, RoboHead's better equipped for managing at a zoomed-out, project level. I could go on, but I'm an unpaid spokesperson (hint: send a Starbucks giftcard my way).

Pros

Ease of use, all-inclusive features

Cons

Almost too many features! Would like to see @mentions in reviews.

Marketing Made Easy

Pros

I have been using RoboHead for almost 2 years now and I can say without a doubt that this is one of the best marketing management tools out there. It really does provide a clean and intuitive place to manage multiple projects from start to finish and makes viewing each life cycle simple. The reporting feature is fairly robust; however, I am I am able to export data into a variety of places as I also work a lot with other reports in Excel and Access.

Cons

Although the reporting works well enough, there ought to be more flexibility with the data that is used for reporting as well as customizable templates. More often than not, I need to export data into Excel to create customized graphs for use in more finely tuned reports.

Andrew from Raising Cane's

Great Project Management System and Form Tool

We've been using Robohead for over 10 years now for project management and the customizable form tool. Their products have evolved over time and are a great resource for teams and businesses trying to track projects, accept project requests, and manage time in an effective manner. The customer support is also great - they are very quick to respond and always have the answer.

Pros

Robust tool for form building and online project management

Cons

Some features for the form building that would enhance the user experience would be ability to make multi page forms, put form field side-by-side instead of just below each other, and ability to modify multiple projects.

Maile from Spring Venture Group

Big or small team you need Robohead

Pros

There is not a piece of functionality I can think of that this software doesn't have! With the ability to completely cater and restructure tasks, projects, campaigns, requests, and reviews Robohead helps our team be completely transparent in what we're doing, where we are, and what we've accomplished while also helping us determine where our speed bumps are within any given project.

Cons

It is definitely overwhelming at first when getting acquainted with the software. There are some tasks that in a way I wish could be assigned to the same person instead of making redundant tasks, but that could also be where we need to make adjustments to how we operate as a team.

Completely customizable

Pros

I love that you can customize every aspect of RoboHead. We were able to streamline many processes by department because of the customization offering. The amount of robust features within RoboHead is amazing, more than I can ever imagine using, but I love that the options are there.

Cons

With this being so customizable, there we a TON of work upfront to get it set up and running. With that, not all of the customization is straight forward, so a lot of trial and error giving us a clunky start to rolling this out to the team.

Response from Aquent

Replied March 2019

Thank you for the kind words! We're happy to hear that RoboHead is helping your team streamline your processes. Regarding the amount of time required for customization, please don't hesitate to contact our Support team at RoboHeadSupport@aquent.com or via phone at 888-ROBO-123. We would be happy to help!

erika from Learning Without Tears

RoboHead Review

Customer service is great! We use Robohead for around 50 projects in any given time frame and it helps up stay coordinated, on time, and up to date with our progress, communication, and scheduling!

Pros

Easy to use for communication. Easy to train new users on. Works well to send review areas, and communicate timelines. Strong reporting capabilities.

Cons

Would like to have better support for Power point presentations, out of office scheduling.

A well thoughtout program that is great for sharing and organizing projects

Pros

I use this daily for my company and it has been a far superior way to keep track of projects. My favorite part is the reviews section that clients can leave over projects so that revisions can be made. It was made project management fast and hassle-free.

Cons

The interface can be overwhelming at first. It can also be hard to find some customizations tools hidden behind drop-down menus. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing UI compared to other programs. I also wish there was a chat interface inside sorta like slack.

Kevin from Coldwell Banker Select

Robohead has been super beneficial!

Pros

Robohead has helped us make organizational decisions about staffing already, and it's solidified our billing structure, shoring up losses that we were having due to a horrible process. It's also allowed us to better evaluate how many hours on average our projects take so that we can do a better job of assigning tasks and helping each other out, which has resulted in a better team culture and improved morale.

Cons

The request features, while practical, aren't visually customizable beyond having a logo in place. Our clients are accustomed to having visual aides and samples of what they're ordering, and that isn't an option with Robohead at this time.

Jenn from Lehigh Valley Health Network

Working on Efficiency

There are many positive things about the new Robohead (clear list of new campaigns,) though 6 months into using it and I still find it confusing to use review areas and not have a way to archive versions of documents that are outdated but should still be available.

Pros

Search-ability (which was difficult in prior version of RoboHead)

Cons

Strange inability to archive as I go in review areas.

Jerrod from USBC

Robohead Review

Good - better than spreadsheets!

Pros

Keeps things organized. They adapt and change the user interface baed on feedback, it seems.

Cons

Some of the flow - when you tab through forms - isn't what you'd think... the cursor jumps to something that isn't the logcial next one.

A cloud based project management tool which is gaining attention.

This tool has helped us to manage projects and collaborate with the project members efficiently. We use it with specific projects and planning to expand it to other teams.

Pros

I like the version control feature very much as it gives me an idea about how many times the changes have happened. Interactive Gantt charts, bug tracking features are really good. Works really good even on mobile.

Cons

I did not see any issues with the tool as of now.

Sarah from The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts

RoboHead has been super helpful for our organization. It allows us to all stay connected and aware!

Pros

- Easy to use - Clean, detailed reports - Allowing of unlimited number of "clients" - The support staff that is always available and willing to help!

Cons

- Not being able to link projects to multiple campaigns - That we aren't able to set our reports up by user like we did in our previous reports

Jessa from AIAA

RoboHead has amplified our project management capabilities!

Pros

As a manager, I can tell what all of my staff are working on in a glance. I know what is behind schedule, and I can react quickly to stakeholder questions. We love RoboHead!

Cons

Requestors complain that they cannot see more of the project details, particularly the task details. They want to know where their projects are since they are internal customers, but not creative department users.

Tracey from Arnold Palmer Medical Center Foundation

This tool features everything we need and is very user-friendly.

Efficiency and peace of mind.

Pros

The system has been easy to customize and gives us the exact information we need from clients. Conditional logic is easy to use and the team I'm on adapted to the new processes quickly.

Cons

After having one process in place for so long, it's been a bit tough to have our clients switch over to a new format, but we'll get there.

Rod from Availity

RoboHead Review

Overall, we like using RoboHead. Their customer support is very responsive as well as their training and support staff. The product overall has been very helpful in organizing our department's workflow. The software can be buggy at times and there are a few features we would like added (like the ability to copy tasks), but I would recommend it. Their online help page is better than most companies ten times their size. If they enhanced their feature set a bit more, we would be strong promoters.

Pros

ease of use, organization

Cons

it can be buggy and would like to see features enhanced

Adam from Beckwood Press

Robohead is a great tool

Robohead started as simply a tool used for scheduling my engineers and has quickly evolved to be used by all parts of the company. They have great support and are constantly trying to improve it.

Pros

Easy to use and the customization is great.

Cons

Can be slow when updating projects.

Michelle from Eastern Bank

Robohead Feedback

While Robohead has a lot of great features, we run into quite a few issues with it and as admin for our department, I have to answer and/or explain a lot of these issues and deal with complaints. Not a great experience.

Pros

The ability to keep track of projects and also use for tasks and time management. I like that webcasts are offered.

Cons

Lots of errors, review process doesn't quite suit our needs.

November 2015

November 2015

Robohead Changing format, old system great, new system...Hate it!

Classic Robohead is great for tracking our in-house agency jobs for all of our properties. However, the company has now decided to change format and it is a big change. They say it is easier, I say it now hinders our ease of operation. It may be easier for some companies, for our needs it is not. On the hunt for a new system before deciding if we will switch. They really should let us decide if we want to switch to a new version. They probably are going to lose us as a client.

Maura from Regis Corporation

Great design and print project management system

We upgraded last year to the newest version of this software and the ease of training has been seamless and all of our staff likes this product very much!

Ernie from VSP

RoboHead Saved Us!

We were loosing our online workflow, as it was being fazed out, and had to come up with something to take its place fast. We chose RoboHead to provide the solution. We found that RoboHead not only met our needs, but that the customizable Request and Project forms, Task Schedules, Time Lines, and robust Report options provided us with a far superior workflow system than we had before. The support staff is always timely with responses to my emails for help. Without exception, they are always friendly and very knowledgeable about their product. The online help page is an excellent resource and they have an informative webinar that goes over different RoboHead features or processes each month. I would recommend RoboHead without hesitation.

Bryna from PepsiCo

Love RoboHead

It houses all of my project materials in one spot. Easy, intuitive software, excellent. Manages all of my projects with ease!

Pros

House everything for the project (files, timelines, notes) in one spot.

Cons

None

Sarah from Weaver Leather

Industry: Wholesale

User Friendly with Great Customer Service

The Robohead team is what made my experience excellent! Our training specialist went above and beyond to ensure that I was prepared to use the system to it's fullest potential. I appreciate this functional and easy-to-use system that will make my day to day tasks more efficient.

Pros

You can organize your projects in the way that suits you best.

Miriam from Weaver Leather LLC

So far RoboHead has been great!

Pros

Easy to use and keeps all jobs neat and organized. I like that you can add notes after a job has been started and also drop files if needed.

Cons

Once a job is submitted and approved you can't make any changes without contacting an administrator.

Christina from Weaver Leather

This program has streamlines our workflow tremendously.

Pros

It organizes our work and we know exactly what needs done to complete projects. If someone isn't doing their job, the program (or the program administrator) prods them for me and I don't have to keep bugging people.

Affaf from MOTOR Information Systems.

Easy to use and easy UI for internal customers as well!

I have implemented RoboHead in two organizations, the first of which took place nearly 12 years ago. The functionality was useful to the entire marketing department and the UI was intuitive, even 12 years ago. Since then, enhancements have only made the work of managing a project easier and added to operational efficiencies. I highly recommend it and hope to continue using RoboHead throughout my career.

Barbara from UPMC

Robohead Use for Design and Communications

The latest version of Robohead is far more user friendly and versatile than the older version. Project areas are easier to navigate and the communication functions within projects are extremely efficient. You can manage your project totally within the software.

Pros

Communication and document storage within the software.

Cons

Needs better sorting options.

Jessica from Chinowth & Cohen

Makes our process Easier

Pros

It makes communicating with our marketing department about projects easy. The note section between the project is a helpful tool for quick communication

Cons

Its difficult to see your past projects and easily reference a past project. Once you approve a order it goes into never land. I wish there was a way to easily reference past projects or approved projects. So there was a place for storing past approved

Sarah from California Coast Credit Union

Great Customer Service Experience

I recently had an issue assigning projects to a campaign from the Dashboard screen. I emailed support, they acknowledged the issue and had it fixed within a short time. I was very satisfied with the level of support and communication I received from the RH support team. Keep up the good work!

January 2016

Elliot from N/A

January 2016

Excellent tool for project management. Able to track Campaigns, Projects & Tasks. Robust reporting.

Pros: Ease of use. Project Request System that flows requests into projects. Robust tracking and reporting. Soft proofing capabilities. Expense tracking and much more. Collaborative functions. Permission based. Cons: No invoicing function.

Bob from UPMC

Great support and software

Our company has been utilizing the Robohead software for many years now. The latest version released a little over a year ago is awesome. With having to deal with over 3800 job request a year, it sure has made life easy.

Nick from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama

Turning Heads

Robohead has been so clutch in terms of helping our team manage multiple rounds of reviews (and multiple reviewers) that other departments within the company are starting to inquire about this awesome platform!

Alexander from American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

Great product

We are very please with the functionality of Robohead. It's very easy to use and the support from the Robohead team is great.

Leah from Weaver Leather

Robohead has been wonderful

Robohead has been wonderful thus far and I can't say enough good things about their customer service team!