• Pros

• "I like the ease of use, and love the extremely involved customer service!"

• "It was very Easy to implement and maintain. Plus the tracking capabilities were awesome. "

• "I most like the easy of use and the overall cost of the product is a great value for all the features you receive. "

• Cons

• "There were very minor cons but Robohead has been great with listening to their clients and I have seen many enhancements in this past year to help with some of the minor cons have been. "

• "I wish calendar integration was two way, and that more automation was involved. also would love an actual mobile app"

• " Some flaws in the system - but I believe the company is always willing to help and listen to suggestions on enhancements."

Browse RoboHead Reviews

Marketing Made Easy

Pros

I have been using RoboHead for almost 2 years now and I can say without a doubt that this is one of the best marketing management tools out there. It really does provide a clean and intuitive place to manage multiple projects from start to finish and makes viewing each life cycle simple. The reporting feature is fairly robust; however, I am I am able to export data into a variety of places as I also work a lot with other reports in Excel and Access.

Cons

Although the reporting works well enough, there ought to be more flexibility with the data that is used for reporting as well as customizable templates. More often than not, I need to export data into Excel to create customized graphs for use in more finely tuned reports.

Richard M. from Lehigh Valley Health Network

Projects are Made Easier with RoboHead

I started using RoboHead after I had experience with another PM software (Wrike) which was extremely user-friendly and easy to learn. RoboHead had a little bit more of a learning curve, which admittedly made me a little slow to embrace the software. Since then, I've really come around on RoboHead and found it to be quite useful. I think the software could be a little more streamlined and the UI could definitely use a face lift. I would look at Wrike for inspiration on the UI side, but think that RH is vastly superior on the actual planning/backend side of things.

Pros

I like the organization that it provides for my day to day operations and the ease of reviewing creative.

Cons

The lack of being able to build subtasks under tasks can make things difficult. I think the UI is a little underwhelming, and could be improved to make the product look/feel more advance. Also mobile functionality is a major weakness for a marketing managers who are on the road and not always in front of a computer. I feel severely handcuffed if I have to do anything in RH on mobile. This is probably an issue on my team's end, but sometimes individuals get buried with RH email notifications and can't easily discern priority ones.

Reasons for Switching to RoboHead

I came to LVHN from another company that used Wrike.

Response from Aquent

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the honest and thorough review, Richard. Your critiques of our UI and mobile experience have been noted and shared with our Product team. Thank you for the input!

Sara from Tyler Technologies, Inc.

Good flexible project management system for growing teams

Our overall experience with RoboHead has been very positive, however I think they could do a better job working with their client base to make sure they are getting the most out of the tool.

Pros

We love how flexible RoboHead is. We launched this for our brand team to use 5 years ago, but in the last year have brought other teams like social, campaign mgmt, technology and data team project requests also into the platform.

Cons

I wish it had a better editorial calendar feature so we could bring our content team onboard. I also wish our client success manager held regular meetings with our staff to ensure we were utilizing the platform in the most efficient way possible.

Reasons for Switching to RoboHead

Better overall management of tasks and workflows for our design team

Nicole from Mystic Lake

Software Review

RoboHead solves a lot of challenges that we would have if we didn't have a software like this. Our little team of 2 people process and traffic anywhere from 100 to 240 active projects within our RoboHead account at any given time. There is no way that our little team of 2 could keep all of that straight and get half the amount of work done that we do if we didn't have a software that could help us track and automate to help keep those projects moving.

Pros

I like that there are automation features within the software itself. It's very helpful to be able to set something up on the front end and rarely have to adjust once it gets going.

Cons

I with there was more automation. In a perfect world, I would love for a request to get submitted, you look it over, approve it, assign the team, choose all of the templates needed and the system does the rest for you and builds out Campaigns and individual projects. In addition, it adjusts the timelines based on the start date & due date that you indicate and auto adjusts the task durations based on this information and while using the data from the Resource Utilization Chart too.

Reasons for Choosing RoboHead

After evaluating other software's, we all concluded and felt that RoboHead was the best option to meet our business needs and was very user friendly to help our users with this transition.

Reasons for Switching to RoboHead

Our previous project had no automation and would require us to manually move projects between assigned team members and reviewers. If was outdated and was unnecessarily slowing our workload down.

Heather from Oldcastle APG

Industry: Building Materials

Amazing customer service but missing some features

Overall our internal client partners feel that RH gets the job done. We have several older, blue-collar men on our sales and national teams so the user experience and not having an app is a trip up for them (they refuse to use it). Back end is mainly where our frustrations lie with reporting (we have a call set up with customer service to see if we can have a breakthrough there) and not being able to create multiple forms for different types of projects.

Pros

The review tool was a game-changer for our team. Real-time problem-solving has been a huge help for us as well. Anytime we have a question about anything regarding the software we can chat with someone almost always right away without having to go through a phone call or setting up a meeting with an account rep and a customer service person. We also really appreciate that tech support is included in our plan without an additional fee.

Cons

Reporting continues to be a constant struggle for us. I inherited this software which was chosen by a design manager with HEAVY influence from our web developer who has moved to a different role and isn't available to fix these up for us. We have to run multiple reports to get specific numbers (a lot of which has been negated by the monthly email we get from RH so that's a huge help). The user experience is still very clunky especially when compared side by side with competitors (Wrike, WeWork) and not having an iPad or Mobile app is a bit detriment.

Reasons for Choosing RoboHead

We have considered switching to Wrike but with all the turnover on who our team reports to we haven't been able to make in-roads in a full software assessment and comparison.

Reasons for Switching to RoboHead

We needed to be able to capture feedback in real-time and IT felt that issuing out a bunch of Adobe Acrobat accounts was cost-prohibitive.

Marie from Indiana University Kokomo

Good management system

Overall, the experience has been very good. We try to utilize all the options available to us, but probably need to make more time to do so. It is great at keeping us on task. I like the ability to create campaigns.

Pros

I like that all tasks and comments can be kept together, as well as reviews and various versions of reviews. I like the ease of editing online.

Cons

I don't like that only one client can see be on the project. It would be helpful if two clients within the same unit could track from start to finish.

Pricing and ease.

Reasons for Switching to RoboHead

Basecamp was not robust enough, especially the review process.

Janet from AAA

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Powerful, customizable tool to streamline processes

Our team is working together more closely, using fewer emails and is working together to solve problems. We hope to use more of the features as we continue to ramp up.

Pros

The ability to customize work flows, plan for resource allocation and communicate within our teams has been wonderful. We're also keeping projects on track and on time.

Cons

Sometimes, too many choices can be hard. It would be great to have an "out of the box" version for the most common notifications for each kind of user. And while having reports and data is super for managers, many of the daily users don't need all of that data. It would be great to have their first experience have fewer bells and whistles, much like the external users - with the ability for the admins to add features as needed, rather than having them have to turn them off. It was overwhelming for some new users.

Reasons for Choosing RoboHead

This offered the features we needed at the right price.

Reasons for Switching to RoboHead

We needed a product that would offer a better review process.

Elizabeth from ITW Global Brands

Great tool for project management

Pros

Great tool for keeping track of several projects with nice reporting functions. Using RoboHead has allowed us to increase on-time delivery. Customer service and training is top-notch!

Cons

There are a few manual status-changes that we wished were automated. It would also be nice to show projects with upcoming due dates clearer for status reports.

Reasons for Switching to RoboHead

We were looking for a management system with better tracking and reporting

Alyssa from Lifetime Brands

Expanding Robohead for the Company

Pros

What I like most about this software is being able to customize the project, request and campaign forms. This allows us to use Robohead for different divisions in the company. I also like that this is a web based system. This has helped tremendously since covid. Our E-Commerce had tripled since last year and Robohead allowed everyone to continue to work from home without a problem.

Cons

My least thing about this software is not being able to customize the reviews. For different divisions in the company we would really need to customize the reviews.

Reasons for Choosing RoboHead

Robohead was a more user friendly program.

Angie from JobsOhio

Robohead is the best project management tool I have seen in 20 years of project management

One of the best overall customer services experiences I have had with any company. Extremely responsive and always willing to help!!

Pros

I love that templates are customizable and tasks for projects are automated to go to the next steps. There are Gantt charts that are so easy to manage and rearrange schedules. I know where all the projects are at any given time based on the schedules and workflows. Customer support is excellent and extremely responsive. Whenever I reach out about any questions, I have a response or answer within that hour. Robohead has also been great when listening to clients and roll out enhancements often.

Ease of use.

Diane from Pearson

Marketing Traffic Manager

In my role as administrator and marketing traffic manager, I have used Robohead in all its versions since 2011, while at two different companies. Robohead gives me the tools I need to do my job in overseeing all the department's projects, deadlines, resources, and tasks, from start to finish. The basic construct of the project is very good. Functionality, we're able to categorize a job as a request or project, and to easily identify whether it's active or archived. All our projects are entered here, and all related files are attached to their projects. The library is a place where we store the most sought-after assets. I customize reports to suit the needs of our three weekly project meetings. Fortunately there is enough flexibility built into the filtering that we can always generate a meaningful report, or at least one that serves as a baseline, a starting point. To me, the key is defining your project fields such that you can sort, filter, and report out on the most important information you manager or associates would ever need. One of the biggest selling points for us is the review process and its related functionality. It gave us the platform to reach out beyond our internal marketing group to other teams in the company or elsewhere, and to be able to capture everyone's input in one space. The notification process has gone a long way in making Robohead as functionally practical as it is. I think it might still be a little too complicated, but it's an effective communication and audit tool in the system. No software is perfect, however we appreciate that the developers are continually working on Robohead. What would make the application incredible is dynamic scheduling of some typeWhen schedules get behind, it takes considerable task management on my part to ensure that due dates in everyone's My Work are updated and meaningful. Also, I'd like to see one function return'actual versus projected task due dates.

Pros

Flexibility - you allow the user (administrator) to easily manipulate the system to suit our needs.

Cons

No connection between task predecessors and tasks displayed in My Work. Users don't look at the bigger picture, so if a job is running behind there is no way for them to know that unless they go into the project itself. Most users rely on My Work, and that doesn't always sync up with reality. Requires manual intervention by someone to always be manipulating the tasks.

Jay from ITW Global Brands

Robohead is great solution to creative project management.

We were facing a failing software solution and Robohead helped us to quickly get up and running with a PM solution that worked.

Pros

Cons

Not as customizable as I would like. It was difficult to integrate our custom numbering system.

Reasons for Choosing RoboHead

Ease of implementation and price.

Reasons for Switching to RoboHead

We switched to replace installed software and utilize cloud based solution.

Response from Aquent

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Jay! We greatly appreciate having ITW Global Brands as part of the RoboHead family! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team regarding any customization issues you experience. We're always ready to help! Cheers! - The RoboHead Team

George from PowerA

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Perfect for Creative & Marketing teams, and so much more

We are now not only tracking our projects but capturing data that will enable us to report on where energy is spent, plan for resource allocation, isolate mis-spent energies, and bring order to what was once far more chaotic.

Pros

RoboHead is a fantastic tool and I love how much of the power is in my own hands to customize it to fit the needs of our Creative department and our larger business needs. Of particular mention is the phenomenal support, from regular training webinars and online documentation to the live support team who is knowledgable, fast, and friendly.

Cons

There are features I would love to add, but I also know that the RoboHead team listens to their users and incorporates those learnings into future updates. I never feel stuck with the application always being the way it is currently. Their scheduled updates always introduce new, welcome changes.

Reasons for Choosing RoboHead

I had used RoboHead at a pervious job (as well as other project management tools) and was the most taken with RoboHead's features, interface, support, etc.

Response from Aquent

Replied October 2020

Thanks for the kind words, George! We're happy to have you as a customer and advocate!

Andrew from Sentry Insurance

Project Management and More

Robohead not only acts as a solid project management tool, but the benefits of reporting has been instrumental in supporting the need for justifying new staff in addition to demonstrating work volume by department teams and team members. When all embrace the system, it allows for consistent workflow that keeps project moving smoothly. While no system replaces communication, Robohead provides functionality that allows for collaboration, documentation, approvals, archive retrieval, searching and other processes instrumental in a successful workflow. When issues occur, the support team is prompt to respond and speaks in easy-to-understand language to resolve the issue.

Pros

Reporting capabilities Review functionality Having notes snyc with emails

Cons

Customizing Task schedules (adding or removing Tasks and inefficiencies) Having no way to assign delegates for team members during absences

Joshua from David Weekley Homes

Way Better than Lotus Notes!

It's great!

Pros

The in-browser usage and cloud storage is unbeatable. There are a lot of helpful tools and info visualization options. I really appreciate that the job information fields are customizable by user so I can see my job queue based on the details relevant to me, rather than the default details that someone else has decided are relevant. The robust search features is a major plus for people trying to track down details about an old job or looks for trends among incoming work.

Cons

There are certain aspects that feel unfinished, or at least unpolished. Basic aspects of the interface that you would expect from a browser-based systems to include at the beta stage. Things like being able to open a job in a new tab for easy cross-referencing (instead of having to open a second tab, goto robohead, and then find the thing you want to reference there) or even just opening a job by clicking on it (instead of having the click on a drop-down menu and click on "open project"). Strange things to omit from an other remarkably user-friendly interface.

Response from Aquent

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the review and input, Josh. Our goal is to make RoboHead as user-friendly as possible, so your feedback has been passed along to the product team. Thanks!

Alexander from American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

Great tool for a daily project management use

RoboHead is our main project management tool, it is easy to use once you had all your forms set-up. We were able to import all our data from our previous management tool which has thousands of project information since 2001.

Pros

I like the wide arrange of options RoboHead has. We had been using it for a couple of years and still finding new things we can do with it. The file review process is so nice, especially if you have many reviewers, Robohead put all the comments into one file and that help us save a lot of time and be more efficient. You can control all the aspect of the review process on one screen (who has replied, how many comment you had received, due date, reminders, notes, etc.).

Cons

We can't customize how a form result is printed. You get an excel file that has to be formatted and that is very time consuming.

Stephen from Mapei

Experience has been great overall. Great technical support!

Pros

One of the main things about this program that set it apart from others we vetted was the scheduling as well as reviewing capabilities.

Cons

- Could be more robust markup features/tools in the Review (ex: Adobe markup capability) - There are too many ways to do/view the same thing such as say Setting a Task status, this becomes confusing to a lot of users because the mark a review complete and think that they have completed their task but they still need to clear their task as a predecessor - The Tabs on the left (ex: Campaigns, Notes, Reviews) should be customizable viewing like other columns - The Priority list View in My Work should have dynamic column headings to sort tasks by due date like it is able to do in Sort ListView not just dragging and moving tasks into position

Michelle from Indiana University Health

I really could not do my job without the help of RoboHead.

It allows me to be the very best at what I do. I have come to rely very heavily on the notifications from RH to keep things moving.

Pros

I like that what I see, how I see it and when I see it is up to me. Notifications based on preferences is awesome! Auto notifications help me stay on top of 100+ projects at all times. Also RoboHead has the best help feature I've ever encountered. If you can't find the answer or a video about your question, the help desk team is extremely responsive to questions and will always keep you posted on their progress.

Cons

The one thing I think is missing is that you can't connect a task to the actual action to be auto completed. For example, if you have a task to approve a review and you do click "approve all" it would be great if the task was automatically marked complete.

Corinne from Blick Art Materials

Love Mr Robo!

Truly nothing negative. A few years ago you changed your platform which required alot of work on us users. That was the toughest thing to swallow.

Pros

Ease of use, connecting partners in one place, building complex processes, tracking reviews, holding partners more accountable. Also the customer service is OUTSTANDING! Webinars and the amount of prerecorded training available online is a valuable resource.

Cons

I really don't have complaints. The set up does take time. Developing forms specific to each job type and then tailoring workflow processes to match.

Reasons for Choosing RoboHead

I think the online support that gave me a good idea on how this worked. So many of the others remained vauge and just wanted you to talk to a product specialist right away.

JOHN R from Lifetime Brands

Best Project Management Software available

We could not be anywhere near as efficient without it!

Pros

I love this software. I have been using Robohead for 15 years, I have looked repeatedly at the competition to replace it and nothing compares to the flexibility, service, and ease of use. I have been able to expand the use of the program beyond my department and launched it to other areas of our company.

Cons

If there are any issues that we have we call the staff at Robohead and they work with the challenges that we have together. Amazin teamwork at problem-solving.

Reasons for Choosing RoboHead

It is superior in all areas UX, UI, and the service blows the others away

Response from Aquent

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the incredibly kind words, John. We appreciate your advocacy and input throughout the years!

Ann from Arch Corporate Services

Great for a Marketing and Communications Team

Our team has used Robohead for over 5 years and we are expanding it to multiple teams. Its easy to implement and very flexible to set it up for the needs of your unique processes. Its the right blend of easy to train and use - yet has enough depth to manage a team and multiple projects at once. Reports give you visibility to your work and options to measure it. It's pricing plan is affordable. My biggest kudos go to my account manager - who is always responsive to my needs and the support team who respond immediately. I would recommend this software to anyone that needs to turn chaos into organization.

Pros

Ease of setup, ease of training and ability to customize to your unique needs

Cons

Would like a few more enhancements and communications about upcoming enhancements in the pipeline

Melissa from mclark@bluemarblebrands.com

Best Project Management Tool Out There for Creative and Marketing Teams!

I've been using Robohead for over 10 years now. During that time, we've looked at other PM platforms just to make sure we were keeping up with the times but no other option has ever compared to Robohead's ease of use, functionality, intuitive interface, and customer support team. The tool is really easy to use, even for new associates. Any program like this takes some getting used to but the learning curve on using Robohead is really short. On a daily basis we have over 200 projects in Robohead, so needless to say we need a tool like this to keep everything on-track. Robohead is the tool that keeps us organized and productive. We never have issues with the program itself and when ever questions arise, the customer support team at Robohead is super knowledgeable and very responsive. If you're looking for a PM tool for your Creative or Marketing team, Robohead is your best bet!

Pros

ease of use, reporting

While at first it can seem convoluted, once you dig in deep, you will realize how feature-rich it is

Pros

What I like most is how detailed you can be on every project. The ability to divide projects on multiple levels (from campaigns to individual projects to individual tasks) and gate them based on what task has been completed is incredibly helpful. Also, the reviews section is set up in such a way that makes collaboration very easy (the ability to compare and contrast multiple versions of a document along with their related comments makes it very easy to track changes and make new revisions)

Cons

The interface is not incredibly attractive, and when first getting used to the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. If there are a lot of people making notes on a project, it can be kind of difficult to follow the hierarchy of the thread (It would be better if you could organize notes by users).

Great for Marketing Groups

Pros

Accountability for your team, web based, easy to use. Customizable & flexible. Customer support is quick and responsive.

Cons

This last update changed the way the Dashboard and Product detail pages look (format and layout) I really don't like the new look and it's harder to read and find what I need. I would go back to the older version in a heartbeat. Changing something for the sake of change is not a reason to make changes. The majority of software companies have this same problem. They think they have enough input on the new "update" but they don't and they jump in based on goals and deadlines instead of asking. DO WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS? WHY AND IS IT BETTER THAN BEFORE?

Karol from Spectranetics

Industry: Medical Devices

Keeps me on track, eliminates email madness

As a marcom manager, I work with various vendors to accomplish our project work. Before Robohead it was a constant email search to find the latest version attachment or refresh my memory on project status. Robohead is easy and flexible - you can develop a highly detailed campaign brief or simply open a project and associate tasks, receiving an email reminder at due date. When you're juggling numerous projects and priorities, it's great to have a one-stop destination to refresh on project status and do easy on-line reviews of work in progress. My designers won't start work on a project without a Robohead entry! I've used Basecamp - which is a great solution, but Robohead is so easy and accessible and a bargain for the price.

Pros

Ease, flexibility of use Love the review mode - make revisions and the vendor is alerted Can share reviews across the team without forwarding attachments Eliminates need for email attachments and finding most recent version Love the library where even very large final files can be uploaded and shared

Cons

I've had some issues with functionality (not saving the content of a project summary) but believe it to be browser-related vs. Robohead platform

Rhilee from Motto Mortgage

Helpful new project management platform

The experience with RoboHead has been great so far! We have only been using the platform for less than 3 months, but the implementation, training, and support has been A+. It seems like everyone at RoboHead is dedicated to providing the best software for your business needs, or the best support possible, and even has an area where you can submit enhancement suggestions - amazing!!

Pros

The user experience within the platform is great. Everything is well-laid out, and easy to read and navigate. I love that RoboHead offers many different reporting chart types, making it easy to switch between different options depending on your user role or need. The ability to holistically look at a campaign, then narrow down to a project, or task view, but also see all tasks and reviews together on a project view, make for great organization!

Cons

Robohead does not have a high-level team or account calendar (yearly, but able to be viewed monthly), which would be super helpful when looking at, for example, all the campaigns going on for the year or quarter, or seeing which social media posts or blog posts are planned to go out on a certain day.

Reasons for Switching to RoboHead

RoboHead was far more user friendly and had more helpful features for overall project management.

Response from Aquent

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the feedback, Rhilee! We have plans to enhance our calendaring functionality, so stay tuned! Cheers!

Lisa from The Institute of Internal Auditors

RoboHead Project Management System

Excellent customer service, immediate and accurate. Prompt announcements of enhancements and issues being experienced (transparency). Easy-to-use functionality, messaging, record keeping.

Pros

Ease of setting up templates, training staff, running reports, sharing files.

Cons

This is more suited to an agency with hour an resource tracking. We don't use a lot of the features because we are an in-house marketing department and don't do billable hours. We have asked for there to be functionality to have folders within tabs (for example files) so when you are uploading supporting documents they live in a folder not as individual items within the tab.

Dave from Littelfuse

Powerful project management tool that generally speaking, is usually easy to navigate through.

Better organization and coordination of all our projects, with a wide variety of options on how to effectively and efficiently manage everything.

Pros

There are a wealth of features and functionalities in this software that allow the user to customize their experience and adapt to their specific needs. Projects, tasks, notes, files and more facets of each project can all be setup, controlled, monitored and navigated to optimize everyone's workloads and project statuses.

Cons

Because of the expansive options available, there can sometimes be almost too many checkboxes or options that aren't always the most intuitive or user-friendly to navigate through. I've had a few experiences where I'm looking for something that appears to be pretty basic, and when I mention it to our Project Leader, the response is "Oh...you need to check this here and then it will work". So there's definitely a learning curve involved, but probably not all that different than most similar softwares.

Chelsea from Direct Energy Business, Polyconcept North America, etc.

Project management is difficult. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

In the best of times, project management requires tracking down absent deliverables, analyzing data to predict when things will be done, and communicating information to stakeholders so they don't make your life miserable with aggressive update requests. RoboHead helps you multitask like a pro -- even if you aren't one. The Gantt chart view has had a relatively long run as a project management tool, but RoboHead makes utilizing it a breeze. To illustrate project completion dates, progress, and milestones, as well as dependencies, RoboHead's better equipped for managing at a zoomed-out, project level. I could go on, but I'm an unpaid spokesperson (hint: send a Starbucks giftcard my way).

Pros

Ease of use, all-inclusive features

Cons

Almost too many features! Would like to see @mentions in reviews.

Scott from The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts

Robohead a great tool for project management

Robohead has greatly increased efficiency in my department and allowed for dynamic project management. I would heartily recommend it.

Pros

Robohead has greatly increased efficiency in planning, managing, and routing projects. It is easy for our clients to interact with and allows us to keep track of comments and revisions. It is also very helpful with task management, allowing custom reports and triggered notifications to keep on top of the work.

Cons

There a few missing features that would be helpful: private annotations on review comments, project completion triggered by all tasks being completed

Alison from Spire

Industry: Utilities

Spire

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been amazing through the exploration and implementation process - knowledgeable, responsive and just a pleasure to work with. We're just getting into use of the system, and we can already see how it is going to benefit our team.

Pros

Project initiation, project job jacket, schedule, proofing, task management and reporting all in one place.

Cons

The notes section is a bit cumbersome and difficult to sort through. Filters don't stay in place once you log out. Text is very small, file attachment icon is very small, no ability to bold, use italics, underline, use bullets in messages. Also, need to be able to add titles to specific discussion threads created in notes to provide clear and easy collaboration about targeted topics. Overall, we wish the notes space could function more like discussion threads in Basecamp - we feel this would be a big benefit for all of your users.

Reasons for Choosing RoboHead

It offered most of the functionality we were looking for in a logical, easy-to-use format.

Reasons for Switching to RoboHead

Basecamp doesn't offer the ability to create project schedules or provide a review tool. We used TeamGantt to create schedules for larger projects. Happy to have a system that offers so much in one spot.

Andrew from Raising Cane's

Great Project Management System and Form Tool

We've been using Robohead for over 10 years now for project management and the customizable form tool. Their products have evolved over time and are a great resource for teams and businesses trying to track projects, accept project requests, and manage time in an effective manner. The customer support is also great - they are very quick to respond and always have the answer.

Pros

Robust tool for form building and online project management

Cons

Some features for the form building that would enhance the user experience would be ability to make multi page forms, put form field side-by-side instead of just below each other, and ability to modify multiple projects.

Mark from In-Shape Health Clubs

My RoboHead Review

It accomplishes the task of allowing us to communicate amongst ourselves on a singular tool all whole being able to see the assets that are being discussed.

Pros

- A great way for our Creative Team & Marketing Team to collaborate on projects, leave notes, edits, etc. - Very excel-like in the sense of how the important details of the jobs (due dates, submission dates, deploy dates) are all listed upfront for the user to see

Cons

- When systematic changes are done on the back end it can have ripple effects across all jobs, therefore forcing job owners to resubmit jobs again - Things are bucketed in ways where they can all live in the same space if need be so the user doesn' have to hop tab to tab.

Mandy from Lockton Companies

Robohead Streamlined our Workflow

Great overall experience.

Pros

Everything is in one place, files, proofs and communication with our end users

Cons

Sometimes files are hard to find if not properly tagged

Availability & price

Response from Aquent

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the kind words, Mandy!

Maile from Spring Venture Group

Big or small team you need Robohead

Pros

There is not a piece of functionality I can think of that this software doesn't have! With the ability to completely cater and restructure tasks, projects, campaigns, requests, and reviews Robohead helps our team be completely transparent in what we're doing, where we are, and what we've accomplished while also helping us determine where our speed bumps are within any given project.

Cons

It is definitely overwhelming at first when getting acquainted with the software. There are some tasks that in a way I wish could be assigned to the same person instead of making redundant tasks, but that could also be where we need to make adjustments to how we operate as a team.

Kelli from Omaha Performing Arts

I'd Be Lost

I have been very happy with Robohead, especially since transitioning over from the Legacy version to this version.

Pros

I find that the most impactful thing for me as a project manager is to go in to one place to see what the status of all of my projects. I can see where the hold ups are and keep things moving smoothly.

Cons

I wish there were an easy way to route our emails. Currently in order to be able to test all of the links we route these outside of Robohead.

Chelsea from Ivy Investments

Robohead Review

Easy to use tool.

Pros

Dashboard is very helpful to see all projects at a high level and where they are all at in the process.

Cons

I wish you could take reviews and download the edits into pdf.

Response from Aquent

Replied October 2020

Thanks for the review, Chelsea, and for the product feedback! Regarding your feedback, we will be releasing a feature that will allow Reviews with annotations to be downloaded along with the edits and feedback. You'll have to let us know what you think once it's released (which will be before the new year!). Cheers!

Completely customizable

Pros

I love that you can customize every aspect of RoboHead. We were able to streamline many processes by department because of the customization offering. The amount of robust features within RoboHead is amazing, more than I can ever imagine using, but I love that the options are there.

Cons

With this being so customizable, there we a TON of work upfront to get it set up and running. With that, not all of the customization is straight forward, so a lot of trial and error giving us a clunky start to rolling this out to the team.

Response from Aquent

Replied March 2019

Thank you for the kind words! We're happy to hear that RoboHead is helping your team streamline your processes. Regarding the amount of time required for customization, please don't hesitate to contact our Support team at RoboHeadSupport@aquent.com or via phone at 888-ROBO-123. We would be happy to help!

Hannah from Bi-State Development

Overall, satisfied!

Overall, I'm satisfied with Robohead. Keep it up!

Pros

Project managing and project review are most beneficial to our business. Robohead is an excellent resource for both.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Robohead is that it's not user friendly on a mobile device. It's difficult to find projects if I need to really quick. Instead, I have to get on a computer to take a look which ultimately takes longer. Would love it if there was an app!

Daniel from UC Davis Student Affairs Marketing

Project management from top to bottom

Pros

Setting up a project, assigning tasks, and watching the timeline is an essential part of a successful production. We would be lost without Robohead.

Cons

The landscape changes too frequently. If you get used to a small feature, it can move or go away with each update.

Response from Aquent

Replied November 2020

Thanks for the input, Daniel! We've passed along your feedback about the "landscape changing frequently" to our product team so they can take that into account when new features are released.

A well thoughtout program that is great for sharing and organizing projects

Pros

I use this daily for my company and it has been a far superior way to keep track of projects. My favorite part is the reviews section that clients can leave over projects so that revisions can be made. It was made project management fast and hassle-free.

Cons

The interface can be overwhelming at first. It can also be hard to find some customizations tools hidden behind drop-down menus. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing UI compared to other programs. I also wish there was a chat interface inside sorta like slack.

erika from Learning Without Tears

RoboHead Review

Customer service is great! We use Robohead for around 50 projects in any given time frame and it helps up stay coordinated, on time, and up to date with our progress, communication, and scheduling!

Pros

Easy to use for communication. Easy to train new users on. Works well to send review areas, and communicate timelines. Strong reporting capabilities.

Cons

Would like to have better support for Power point presentations, out of office scheduling.

Havva Esra from Audible

Easy to use, lot of good features

Pros

Easy to use, lot of good features about reviews, sharing with team members. Uploading and reminding...

Cons

UI design can be little modern and easier, it's kind of old school.

Company desicion

Response from Aquent

Replied November 2020

Thank you for the feedback, Havva Esra. We have passed your critique of the UI to our Product team. Cheers!

Rachel from Vantage Credit Union

Best project management tool for in-house design team

Pros

Some of the best features of RoboHead are the ability to track all comments, edits, approvals in one place by project; the archive of projects for future reference; and the ability to share reviews for approval/feedback with external partners and resources.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that would be a con for this software.

Geri from Waddell & Reed

RoboHead Use in Marketing Department

We are using RoboHead to garner data on types of projects, number of projects and time efficiencies.

Pros

User friendly - easy to adapt. The customer service is awesome.

Reasons for Switching to RoboHead

Not sure - I believe Marketing Pilot was going away?

Nolan from Abercrombie & Kent

Invaluable tool

Pros

Invaluable tool that helps keep all our projects on track. And most helpful during this period when all are working from home.

Cons

Actually, there are no cons. The biggest issue was getting all staff on board and trained. There was some challenge with changing our culture and workflow. That took about 6 months.

Kevin from Coldwell Banker Select

Robohead has been super beneficial!

Pros

Robohead has helped us make organizational decisions about staffing already, and it's solidified our billing structure, shoring up losses that we were having due to a horrible process. It's also allowed us to better evaluate how many hours on average our projects take so that we can do a better job of assigning tasks and helping each other out, which has resulted in a better team culture and improved morale.

Cons

The request features, while practical, aren't visually customizable beyond having a logo in place. Our clients are accustomed to having visual aides and samples of what they're ordering, and that isn't an option with Robohead at this time.

Alan from Airrosti

Great for marketing and design teams!

Good, clean project management

Pros

Easy to use "badges" (like on iOS apps) shows you how many items you're working on, or how many items need to be reviewed. Integrates with email seamlessly. Solid project management platform for design teams or marketers alike.

Cons

EXCEL SPREADSHEETS (if you've ever heard of those) are not supported for Markup View in Review mode! Had to do a double take on that one. Such an intuitive and organized project management tool, except for that glaring oversight.

Jenn from Lehigh Valley Health Network

Working on Efficiency

There are many positive things about the new Robohead (clear list of new campaigns,) though 6 months into using it and I still find it confusing to use review areas and not have a way to archive versions of documents that are outdated but should still be available.

Pros

Search-ability (which was difficult in prior version of RoboHead)

Cons

Strange inability to archive as I go in review areas.

Jeff from Jeff Wert Design

Best project management software for mid-sized business

Used greatly in our entire marketing department to handle creative projects. Robohead allowed our creative team to function very much as a full-fledged marketing agency.

Pros

Ease of use, great communicating tools internally and easily scaleable.

Cons

Took quite some time to iron out the bugs and make the software work for our purposes.