What are RoboHead users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using RoboHead software through verified user reviews

• icon"RoboHead is a fantastic tool and I love how much of the power is in my own hands to customize it to fit the needs of our Creative department and our larger business needs."
  • icon"I like the calendar integration where I can integrate it to my Outlook calendar."
  • icon"I like that there are automation features within the software itself. It's very helpful to be able to set something up on the front end and rarely have to adjust once it gets going."
  • icon"The visual is a bit dull compared to other project management tools I used before liks Asana."
  • icon"The inability to filter completed projects makes it sometimes hard to find projects in the archives."
  • icon"Customizing Task schedules (adding or removing Tasks and inefficiencies). Having no way to assign delegates for team members during absences."

Browse all RoboHead Reviews

• Have you used RoboHead and would like to share your experience with others?

Marketing Made Easy

Pros

I have been using RoboHead for almost 2 years now and I can say without a doubt that this is one of the best marketing management tools out there. It really does provide a clean and intuitive place to manage multiple projects from start to finish and makes viewing each life cycle simple. The reporting feature is fairly robust; however, I am I am able to export data into a variety of places as I also work a lot with other reports in Excel and Access.

Cons

Although the reporting works well enough, there ought to be more flexibility with the data that is used for reporting as well as customizable templates. More often than not, I need to export data into Excel to create customized graphs for use in more finely tuned reports.

Richard M.

Projects are Made Easier with RoboHead

I started using RoboHead after I had experience with another PM software (Wrike) which was extremely user-friendly and easy to learn. RoboHead had a little bit more of a learning curve, which admittedly made me a little slow to embrace the software. Since then, I've really come around on RoboHead and found it to be quite useful. I think the software could be a little more streamlined and the UI could definitely use a face lift. I would look at Wrike for inspiration on the UI side, but think that RH is vastly superior on the actual planning/backend side of things.

Pros

I like the organization that it provides for my day to day operations and the ease of reviewing creative.

Cons

The lack of being able to build subtasks under tasks can make things difficult. I think the UI is a little underwhelming, and could be improved to make the product look/feel more advance. Also mobile functionality is a major weakness for a marketing managers who are on the road and not always in front of a computer. I feel severely handcuffed if I have to do anything in RH on mobile. This is probably an issue on my team's end, but sometimes individuals get buried with RH email notifications and can't easily discern priority ones.

Reasons for switching to RoboHead

I came to LVHN from another company that used Wrike.

Response from Aquent

Thanks for the honest and thorough review, Richard. Your critiques of our UI and mobile experience have been noted and shared with our Product team. Thank you for the input!

Rene

Graphic Designer point of view

I like it despite the glitches I can still work and get the Job done.

Pros

In my end is easy to communicate with agents with their projects.

Cons

RoboHead has glitches that have not been fixed yet, since some of the latest versions. Glitches like missing links Sample: Like when I come from an email link then I click on "REVIEW" I have to click again on "REVIEW" to go to the actual review, also sometimes lags too much that I thought I went to another project and even though I click on the new project, it takes me back to the previews project I was working on. Also, Agents complain about not being able to log in. I don't know exactly why it's happening, maybe because they have poor reception or bad internet location.

Response from Aquent

Thanks for the review, Rene. We've shared your comment about Agent's issues logging in with our Support team and we'll look into potential reasons why. Cheers!

Lindsey

Robohead is the best!

Pros

Robohead is very user friendly. It is a great tool to keep track of work, with many other benefits, like reporting tools. The customer service is a 10/10. They are readily available for help, and really take into consideration our needs and enhancement requests.

Cons

There is not much that I dont like about Robohead. Sometimes, the schedule gantt chart views will be a little glitchy, but nothing that affects our day to day workflow.

Nicole

Software Review

RoboHead solves a lot of challenges that we would have if we didn't have a software like this. Our little team of 2 people process and traffic anywhere from 100 to 240 active projects within our RoboHead account at any given time. There is no way that our little team of 2 could keep all of that straight and get half the amount of work done that we do if we didn't have a software that could help us track and automate to help keep those projects moving.

Pros

Cons

I with there was more automation. In a perfect world, I would love for a request to get submitted, you look it over, approve it, assign the team, choose all of the templates needed and the system does the rest for you and builds out Campaigns and individual projects. In addition, it adjusts the timelines based on the start date & due date that you indicate and auto adjusts the task durations based on this information and while using the data from the Resource Utilization Chart too.

Reasons for choosing RoboHead

After evaluating other software's, we all concluded and felt that RoboHead was the best option to meet our business needs and was very user friendly to help our users with this transition.

Reasons for switching to RoboHead

Our previous project had no automation and would require us to manually move projects between assigned team members and reviewers. If was outdated and was unnecessarily slowing our workload down.

Heather

Industry: Building Materials

Amazing customer service but missing some features

Overall our internal client partners feel that RH gets the job done. We have several older, blue-collar men on our sales and national teams so the user experience and not having an app is a trip up for them (they refuse to use it). Back end is mainly where our frustrations lie with reporting (we have a call set up with customer service to see if we can have a breakthrough there) and not being able to create multiple forms for different types of projects.

Pros

The review tool was a game-changer for our team. Real-time problem-solving has been a huge help for us as well. Anytime we have a question about anything regarding the software we can chat with someone almost always right away without having to go through a phone call or setting up a meeting with an account rep and a customer service person. We also really appreciate that tech support is included in our plan without an additional fee.

Cons

Reporting continues to be a constant struggle for us. I inherited this software which was chosen by a design manager with HEAVY influence from our web developer who has moved to a different role and isn't available to fix these up for us. We have to run multiple reports to get specific numbers (a lot of which has been negated by the monthly email we get from RH so that's a huge help). The user experience is still very clunky especially when compared side by side with competitors (Wrike, WeWork) and not having an iPad or Mobile app is a bit detriment.

Reasons for choosing RoboHead

We have considered switching to Wrike but with all the turnover on who our team reports to we haven't been able to make in-roads in a full software assessment and comparison.

Reasons for switching to RoboHead

We needed to be able to capture feedback in real-time and IT felt that issuing out a bunch of Adobe Acrobat accounts was cost-prohibitive.

Marie

Good management system

Overall, the experience has been very good. We try to utilize all the options available to us, but probably need to make more time to do so. It is great at keeping us on task. I like the ability to create campaigns.

Pros

I like that all tasks and comments can be kept together, as well as reviews and various versions of reviews. I like the ease of editing online.

Cons

I don't like that only one client can see be on the project. It would be helpful if two clients within the same unit could track from start to finish.

Pricing and ease.

Reasons for switching to RoboHead

Basecamp was not robust enough, especially the review process.

Janet

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Powerful, customizable tool to streamline processes

Our team is working together more closely, using fewer emails and is working together to solve problems. We hope to use more of the features as we continue to ramp up.

Pros

The ability to customize work flows, plan for resource allocation and communicate within our teams has been wonderful. We're also keeping projects on track and on time.

Cons

Sometimes, too many choices can be hard. It would be great to have an "out of the box" version for the most common notifications for each kind of user. And while having reports and data is super for managers, many of the daily users don't need all of that data. It would be great to have their first experience have fewer bells and whistles, much like the external users - with the ability for the admins to add features as needed, rather than having them have to turn them off. It was overwhelming for some new users.

Reasons for choosing RoboHead

This offered the features we needed at the right price.

Reasons for switching to RoboHead

We needed a product that would offer a better review process.

Elizabeth

Great tool for project management

Pros

Great tool for keeping track of several projects with nice reporting functions. Using RoboHead has allowed us to increase on-time delivery. Customer service and training is top-notch!

Cons

There are a few manual status-changes that we wished were automated. It would also be nice to show projects with upcoming due dates clearer for status reports.

Reasons for switching to RoboHead

We were looking for a management system with better tracking and reporting

Ann

Robohead offers a complete package to manage projects, including timelines, resources and capacity.

Excellent! The help desk is the BEST. The software is NEVER down and they are always upgrading to meet the needs of the businesses they serve.

Pros

Robohead has plenty of features that allow you to customize the information gathering that you need, specifically to your team and business.

Cons

None! As our team has grown, Robohead has added the most needed features.

Angie

Robohead is the best project management tool I have seen in 20 years of project management

One of the best overall customer services experiences I have had with any company. Extremely responsive and always willing to help!!

Pros

I love that templates are customizable and tasks for projects are automated to go to the next steps. There are Gantt charts that are so easy to manage and rearrange schedules. I know where all the projects are at any given time based on the schedules and workflows. Customer support is excellent and extremely responsive. Whenever I reach out about any questions, I have a response or answer within that hour. Robohead has also been great when listening to clients and roll out enhancements often.

Cons

There were very minor cons but Robohead has been great with listening to their clients and I have seen many enhancements in this past year to help with some of the minor cons have been.

Ease of use.

Erin

Industry: Medical Devices

Customizable Project Management System

Pros

Robohead is a very customizable system that can be adjusted to meet the needs of the team. We use the system to oversee all of the projects funneling through our internal creative agency, and it's simple for each account/project manager to customize the views to see only the items relevant to their daily work, but we can see the bigger picture of what our team is working on too. The customer service is excellent - I always receive timely assistance when I chat with the support team, and most of the time they can resolve the issue on the spot. In the event that they cannot quickly resolve the issue, I receive detailed follow-up when they do resolve it. Robohead also listens to their customers through the enhancement suggestions. The release webinars are valuable to learn about the updates and new features that are added.

Cons

There are a few pieces of browser functionality that don't work with RH. Currently there's not a way to duplicate a tab in the browser and get to the same place in RH (this would be useful when cross-referencing job details and reviews, for example) and the "back" button doesn't work either. Neither are deal-breakers, just would be nice to have. It would be nice for account/project managers to be able to organize the "My Work" view for project team members (when multiple tasks for different projects are due on the same day, sometimes there is a certain order that things should be worked on, and that has to be manually communicated instead of something we can organize in the system).

Diane

Marketing Traffic Manager

In my role as administrator and marketing traffic manager, I have used Robohead in all its versions since 2011, while at two different companies. Robohead gives me the tools I need to do my job in overseeing all the department's projects, deadlines, resources, and tasks, from start to finish. The basic construct of the project is very good. Functionality, we're able to categorize a job as a request or project, and to easily identify whether it's active or archived. All our projects are entered here, and all related files are attached to their projects. The library is a place where we store the most sought-after assets. I customize reports to suit the needs of our three weekly project meetings. Fortunately there is enough flexibility built into the filtering that we can always generate a meaningful report, or at least one that serves as a baseline, a starting point. To me, the key is defining your project fields such that you can sort, filter, and report out on the most important information you manager or associates would ever need. One of the biggest selling points for us is the review process and its related functionality. It gave us the platform to reach out beyond our internal marketing group to other teams in the company or elsewhere, and to be able to capture everyone's input in one space. The notification process has gone a long way in making Robohead as functionally practical as it is. I think it might still be a little too complicated, but it's an effective communication and audit tool in the system. No software is perfect, however we appreciate that the developers are continually working on Robohead. What would make the application incredible is dynamic scheduling of some typeWhen schedules get behind, it takes considerable task management on my part to ensure that due dates in everyone's My Work are updated and meaningful. Also, I'd like to see one function return'actual versus projected task due dates.

Pros

Flexibility - you allow the user (administrator) to easily manipulate the system to suit our needs.

Cons

No connection between task predecessors and tasks displayed in My Work. Users don't look at the bigger picture, so if a job is running behind there is no way for them to know that unless they go into the project itself. Most users rely on My Work, and that doesn't always sync up with reality. Requires manual intervention by someone to always be manipulating the tasks.

Jay

Robohead is great solution to creative project management.

We were facing a failing software solution and Robohead helped us to quickly get up and running with a PM solution that worked.

Pros

It was very Easy to implement and maintain. Plus the tracking capabilities were awesome.

Cons

Not as customizable as I would like. It was difficult to integrate our custom numbering system.

Trello

Reasons for choosing RoboHead

Ease of implementation and price.

Reasons for switching to RoboHead

We switched to replace installed software and utilize cloud based solution.

Response from Aquent

Thanks for the kind words, Jay! We greatly appreciate having ITW Global Brands as part of the RoboHead family! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team regarding any customization issues you experience. We're always ready to help! Cheers! - The RoboHead Team

Replied November 2019

George

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Perfect for Creative & Marketing teams, and so much more

We are now not only tracking our projects but capturing data that will enable us to report on where energy is spent, plan for resource allocation, isolate mis-spent energies, and bring order to what was once far more chaotic.

Pros

RoboHead is a fantastic tool and I love how much of the power is in my own hands to customize it to fit the needs of our Creative department and our larger business needs. Of particular mention is the phenomenal support, from regular training webinars and online documentation to the live support team who is knowledgable, fast, and friendly.

Cons

There are features I would love to add, but I also know that the RoboHead team listens to their users and incorporates those learnings into future updates. I never feel stuck with the application always being the way it is currently. Their scheduled updates always introduce new, welcome changes.

Reasons for choosing RoboHead

I had used RoboHead at a pervious job (as well as other project management tools) and was the most taken with RoboHead's features, interface, support, etc.

Response from Aquent

Thanks for the kind words, George! We're happy to have you as a customer and advocate!

Replied October 2020

Project Management and More

Robohead not only acts as a solid project management tool, but the benefits of reporting has been instrumental in supporting the need for justifying new staff in addition to demonstrating work volume by department teams and team members. When all embrace the system, it allows for consistent workflow that keeps project moving smoothly. While no system replaces communication, Robohead provides functionality that allows for collaboration, documentation, approvals, archive retrieval, searching and other processes instrumental in a successful workflow. When issues occur, the support team is prompt to respond and speaks in easy-to-understand language to resolve the issue.

Pros

Reporting capabilities Review functionality Having notes snyc with emails

Cons

Customizing Task schedules (adding or removing Tasks and inefficiencies) Having no way to assign delegates for team members during absences

Joshua

Way Better than Lotus Notes!

It's great!

Pros

The in-browser usage and cloud storage is unbeatable. There are a lot of helpful tools and info visualization options. I really appreciate that the job information fields are customizable by user so I can see my job queue based on the details relevant to me, rather than the default details that someone else has decided are relevant. The robust search features is a major plus for people trying to track down details about an old job or looks for trends among incoming work.

Cons

There are certain aspects that feel unfinished, or at least unpolished. Basic aspects of the interface that you would expect from a browser-based systems to include at the beta stage. Things like being able to open a job in a new tab for easy cross-referencing (instead of having to open a second tab, goto robohead, and then find the thing you want to reference there) or even just opening a job by clicking on it (instead of having the click on a drop-down menu and click on "open project"). Strange things to omit from an other remarkably user-friendly interface.

Response from Aquent

Thanks for the review and input, Josh. Our goal is to make RoboHead as user-friendly as possible, so your feedback has been passed along to the product team. Thanks!

Alexander

Great tool for a daily project management use

RoboHead is our main project management tool, it is easy to use once you had all your forms set-up. We were able to import all our data from our previous management tool which has thousands of project information since 2001.

Pros

I like the wide arrange of options RoboHead has. We had been using it for a couple of years and still finding new things we can do with it. The file review process is so nice, especially if you have many reviewers, Robohead put all the comments into one file and that help us save a lot of time and be more efficient. You can control all the aspect of the review process on one screen (who has replied, how many comment you had received, due date, reminders, notes, etc.).

Cons

We can't customize how a form result is printed. You get an excel file that has to be formatted and that is very time consuming.

Michelle

I really could not do my job without the help of RoboHead.

It allows me to be the very best at what I do. I have come to rely very heavily on the notifications from RH to keep things moving.

Pros

I like that what I see, how I see it and when I see it is up to me. Notifications based on preferences is awesome! Auto notifications help me stay on top of 100+ projects at all times. Also RoboHead has the best help feature I've ever encountered. If you can't find the answer or a video about your question, the help desk team is extremely responsive to questions and will always keep you posted on their progress.

Cons

The one thing I think is missing is that you can't connect a task to the actual action to be auto completed. For example, if you have a task to approve a review and you do click "approve all" it would be great if the task was automatically marked complete.

Stephen

Experience has been great overall. Great technical support!

Pros

One of the main things about this program that set it apart from others we vetted was the scheduling as well as reviewing capabilities.

Cons

- Could be more robust markup features/tools in the Review (ex: Adobe markup capability) - There are too many ways to do/view the same thing such as say Setting a Task status, this becomes confusing to a lot of users because the mark a review complete and think that they have completed their task but they still need to clear their task as a predecessor - The Tabs on the left (ex: Campaigns, Notes, Reviews) should be customizable viewing like other columns - The Priority list View in My Work should have dynamic column headings to sort tasks by due date like it is able to do in Sort ListView not just dragging and moving tasks into position

Corinne

Love Mr Robo!

Truly nothing negative. A few years ago you changed your platform which required alot of work on us users. That was the toughest thing to swallow.

Pros

Ease of use, connecting partners in one place, building complex processes, tracking reviews, holding partners more accountable. Also the customer service is OUTSTANDING! Webinars and the amount of prerecorded training available online is a valuable resource.

Cons

I really don't have complaints. The set up does take time. Developing forms specific to each job type and then tailoring workflow processes to match.

Reasons for choosing RoboHead

I think the online support that gave me a good idea on how this worked. So many of the others remained vauge and just wanted you to talk to a product specialist right away.

Melissa

Best Project Management Tool Out There for Creative and Marketing Teams!

I've been using Robohead for over 10 years now. During that time, we've looked at other PM platforms just to make sure we were keeping up with the times but no other option has ever compared to Robohead's ease of use, functionality, intuitive interface, and customer support team. The tool is really easy to use, even for new associates. Any program like this takes some getting used to but the learning curve on using Robohead is really short. On a daily basis we have over 200 projects in Robohead, so needless to say we need a tool like this to keep everything on-track. Robohead is the tool that keeps us organized and productive. We never have issues with the program itself and when ever questions arise, the customer support team at Robohead is super knowledgeable and very responsive. If you're looking for a PM tool for your Creative or Marketing team, Robohead is your best bet!

Pros

ease of use, reporting

Keith

Simplifying what Project Management should be

Pros

The ability to track the status of each project is at and notification option are top notch

Cons

Billing, cost, timing are not utilized by my team currently

Reasons for choosing RoboHead

Overall featured and pricing.

While at first it can seem convoluted, once you dig in deep, you will realize how feature-rich it is

Pros

What I like most is how detailed you can be on every project. The ability to divide projects on multiple levels (from campaigns to individual projects to individual tasks) and gate them based on what task has been completed is incredibly helpful. Also, the reviews section is set up in such a way that makes collaboration very easy (the ability to compare and contrast multiple versions of a document along with their related comments makes it very easy to track changes and make new revisions)

Cons

The interface is not incredibly attractive, and when first getting used to the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. If there are a lot of people making notes on a project, it can be kind of difficult to follow the hierarchy of the thread (It would be better if you could organize notes by users).

Great for Marketing Groups

Pros

Accountability for your team, web based, easy to use. Customizable & flexible. Customer support is quick and responsive.

Cons

This last update changed the way the Dashboard and Product detail pages look (format and layout) I really don't like the new look and it's harder to read and find what I need. I would go back to the older version in a heartbeat. Changing something for the sake of change is not a reason to make changes. The majority of software companies have this same problem. They think they have enough input on the new "update" but they don't and they jump in based on goals and deadlines instead of asking. DO WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS? WHY AND IS IT BETTER THAN BEFORE?

RoboHead