• Pros

• "This is a great tool to organize dev, see how it goes, what needs to be done, who's in charge of what. It really helped me to make my projects live and faster than before using this great tool"

• "I really like the fact, this is easy to add some issues and to follow any kind of problem. This is also really easy to assign an issue to someone."

• "It works well for small projects; it covers (probably) all features you may want to use and it is free for a team like my own."

• Cons

• "Not much I didn't like. Perhaps the ability to add a custom field or a more fine-grained priority field (Low, Medium, High) so as to make sure people are looking next at the most pressing issue."

• "You have to stay onto people of it even though the layout is clear and easier to use. Visuals could be improved "

• "I Like it. Status change feature could be changed, we should have a quick status change feature."

Browse Backlog Reviews

Ivan from RECO Computer

backlog.com better than many "Goliath" systems

We use backlog.com as overall tracking and project management tool for our projects, support tasks and maintenance activities that we provide to our customer. We selected backlog.com after evaluating many other tools (like Jira, Pivotal tracker etc.) and backlog.com became the clear winner. Why ? Because this tool combine together the best features of all other tool while still being neat and straightforward. Backlog.com has been proving it at our daily use for 1 year approximately. Well done. Thank you.

Pros

neat design supporting easy of use all necessary functions available on-click excellent for agile approach clear and easy administration of projects, people etc. integration with email and MS Excel (exports) subtasking no-time to get started and leverage the tool by users fast and responsive design standalone application for iOS

Cons

nothing essential maybe more storage space included in plans better numbering of subtasks (to include number of parent issue)

Akhilesh from SAMESPACE Inc.

Backlog has your back!

The product is clutter-free and any features that are added have simple use cases and helps in easier implementation. A good user interface to avoid daily hassles involved in bug/defect reporting daily as a tester.

Pros

Bug identification and creation have never been simpler. Its unique way to describe and categorize the issue at hand is well sorted and makes for a clean and understandable user experience.

Cons

There might be issues that are created and assigned by parts and during bug/defect identification and creation, assigning these bugs should have an option to assign multiple members instead of single-member.

Reasons for Choosing Backlog

Bang for the buck!

Đặng from HBLAB

Backlog need to be changed and improved

Sorry but the truth is inconvenience for me. I hope Backlog can do more for me and my project. I can't have the statistics I want at Home, I can't see overall my project ... I Hope Backlog can be developed and help us more in the future.

Pros

The color of issue can be changed, I can customize the characteristics of issue for each project.

Cons

when I filter all issue of project , it shows parents issue and sub-issue. If I click on the arrow, which is head of parent issue, Backlog shows all of sub-issue of that parent issue, which are showed before. So many issues are showed twice. It can make me confused. I think Backlog shoud list parent issue and issue has no parent issue. About issue has parent issue, you can hide and when user click on the arrow, it can be showed. Thank you

Mathieu from ML Web And Dev

Great tool for product dev

Issues are now well qualified, documented, categorized, with priority, easy to focus on what needs to be done

Pros

Cons

I wish the mobile app would have been more developed to have the same features as on web version

Miguel from LogisticsMRO Inc.

Well designed and extremely easy to use

Tracking software issues across a dispersed organization. Worked great!

Pros

Intuitive software that you can use without instruction. Upon sign-on immediately see what has recently happened and easy to click on items needing your attention. Great way to organize and collaborate on issues with a diverse team in different locations.

John from Discount Dance

Works exactly the way you would expect

Pros

Simplicity, configurability and easy of use.

Cons

Would have liked a little more configurability and the printing optiosn are kind of limited.

Reasons for Choosing Backlog

I have tried so many different development/bug tracking systems and they all either were way too complex or didn't have any kind of configurability. When I finally found and tried Backlog I was so thrilled, it fit perfectly with how we do things without forcing us to do way too much. The level of configurability was good, it has gotten better but there are still some things I'd like to see improved but none are show stoppers.

surendra from Zelinoid Technologies

Great Software

It is very user friendly and easy to use

Pros

I have been using backlog from the past 2+ years. It is very easy to use. It has many features like wiki, store file, gantt chart... Recently they introduced the Board which is very useful to see all the tasks in one place.

Cons

There is nothing i am disliking from this software

Cabin from FairPlay Studios

Industry: Computer Games

Easy and Very Useful tool to manage projects

In general, gives a very good overview to the team and the project manager on who is doing what exactly. Following up on tasks that have not been completed is easy and is a very transparent way to work.

Pros

Can easily separate tasks through projects and milestones. I especially love the Gantt Chart and how each it is to use. Overall just great to see overall picture of how the project is doing and who is doing what.

Cons

I find it frustrating to changing Status only after creating the task. I wish I could change when I create a task if it was already Closed, Resolves or In Progress instead of always clicking each task and changing it manually. Feel very time consuming.

Free but functional

I'm very happy working with Backlog tool. Email notifications are insanely useful for tracking changes.

Pros

Cons

No Cons, honestly. For this price it is impossible to find any ;)

Eric from Maastricht University

Industry: Research

A great app for any work with an active team

We work in a research project for Artificial Intelligence in Games.

Pros

Cons

The different kinds of priority are not enough, that will be better to let the user define its own priority (high, normal and low are not enough sometimes to make the difference)

Jim from Yamato Transport USA

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great Collaboration Software

UI is easy to use. Issues are clearly tracked. Robust attachment management. Email notifications are effective and clear. Icon personalization is a nice touch.

Pros

I'm solving problems related to software design and development. We work across different time zones, and BackLog is great for our international projects. In conjunction with realtime collaborative software, we are able to use BackLog for high-level project organization.

Cons

Working with the smartphone app is not as useful since the browser version is so well designed. Also unwieldy at times when flipping between different projects. No realtime chat. Wish there were more markdown options for formatting.

hai from HBlab

Some Uncomfortable

Very good expect 2 thinks above

Pros

- Grantt chart and burndown chart..

Cons

1. It's "Copy custom Fields From other Project" in [Project Settings] -> [Custom Field] => I dont know why "(※ Relation with issue types not copied)". It's very uncomfortable for me and someone manage like me. => Our Company have Standard Custom Field for all Project about 100 Custom FIled and some Custom Issue Type. When I Open the new Project , I just wanna Copy all Custom Field and Issue Type from Old Project. But not like this, just copy Customfield and Availabes all Issue types. After that, I must to click 1 by 1 to fix, or delete. It's take many time from me. how long i will spent for fix that with 100 custom Field and Custom Issue Type???? Please think about that. and fix this I just want to Copy all Custom Field + Issue Type from the old Project to New Project. and button delete all Custom Field 2. It's Add a Group of member to Old/Archive Project. => It's very hard. I have alrd 100+ project archive and click 1 by 1 to add a Group member. so bad.really bad. Please add a Button add a Group of member to all Project or atleast let our choose list project to add. Thank you

Daniel from DigitalCube

At first Backlog seems like a bit much but now our team could not function with out it.

Streamlined workflow and the ability to see who's accountable for what and where projects are. It's help us stay on track and keep projects under budget and on time.

Pros

It's task oriented without feeling like a burden. Other project management tools I've used feel like glorified lists but Backlog offers a lot more. Getting your team on board is difficult but the flow of using Backlog makes sense and came natural for us. We work 100% remotely so if it didn't work we would know right away something wasn't right.

Cons

For us, one of the strengths about Backlog is the integrations with Typetalk. We use both but I do with they were more tightly integrated. For example, simply using at mentions on Backlog. Messages from Backlog issues go to Typetalk and we use @username to create an alert on Typetalk at the same time. This might be particular to our team but it's really helpful. When I type (@) on a Backlog comment or description I want the list of usernames to show.

Excellent ,easy to adopt,easy to use

We are using the Backlog tool on 2 projects with a total of c. 30 people involved. For one of those, it is used solely as an issue tracker. For the other one, it is used as the main tool for managing the project( keeping the track of backlog items, version, milestones, question, improvements....) Wiki is widely used for changelogs and manuals. Project documentation is stored in the Files section. The whole team ( especially the upper management) is really satisfied with the tool and we will keep on using it for upcoming projects. It also has gained some traction in the entire company so other teams are using it with the same results and satisfaction.

Pros

- easy to use - Wiki functionality - ability to add a custom category and issue types - dashboard and recent activity - search functionality works excellent - support team

Cons

- lacks the ability to add custom status for issues (starter plan) - mail notifications are sent to the assignees only, but not the one notified in the notify field

Deny from Transcosmos Indonesia

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Common software in Japanese Company

I use this software maintaining the offshore project from Japan, this software mostly good, never hang or shut down, because this software conduct the maintenance after the office work. Overall this software is good for maintaining the projects. Thank you

Pros

1. We can attach project file into the software. 2. We can track by the project category.

Cons

The interface not so attractive, that's why Japanese people mostly like this software.

Miguel from MiAGon LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

Feature rich project management program

The features I found in Backlog are often those you only get to experience in the higher-end products. Backlog provides multiple subscription levels that provide various features based on your organization's needs. The features are distributed among these subscriptions in a smart way, allowing you move between these levels as needed. It has an intuitive design and is quite easy to use.

Pros

Backlog offers 5 account levels, including a free version that provides plenty of its features to take it for a spin. Feature rich project management tool that does more than just manage stories and tasks at a project level. Competitive pricing includes issue tracking, code review, collaboration, and much more. One of exceptional benefit that exceeded my expectation was the inclusion of a Wiki, something that most project management tools do not include or charge extra for access. This is a big plus for development teams. Track milestones, store files, and much more from an affordable tool that does not nickle and dime you. Easy to setup and use. Great dashboard for an overall view of your projects... very functional.

Cons

Cannot really test out some of the features in the higher subscriptions unless you upgrade. But maybe worth the shot, as their price levels are not all that bad. As with any tool that has increased features and capabilities, there is a bit of a learning curve when compared to other products.

Nguyen from Nal Solutions

Good services with the best price

I did use backlog in 4 years, and It good for my company with more than 120 users, and run 30 project at the same time

Pros

Cons

need add more than status check (current status: open, In progress, Resolved, Closed) need add more (Review)

Easy to learn quality program

Overall excellent app for a great cost that your team has control over. You get to pay for the level your team will use without the burden of overwhelming excess features. Definitely recommend.

Pros

I've been trying out a lot of project management software lately and I think Backlog is a strong contender among them. It's quick to learn and the UI is sleek and appealing. It has all the essential features for project tracking and coordination. I liked the inclusion of the Wiki as well, and I like the tiered subscription model they use, making it easy to find a level of feature availability that suites your team's needs.

Cons

There isn't anything major that stands out. There's room for more options and features (more specificity in the prioritization area, maybe) but it has all the essentials from what I can tell.

Vivek from Appirio

My experience for backlog is awesome.

Pros

It has given a great platform to collaborate for work. We manage many of our projects on backlog which makes us more efficient and we can focus on more work rather than hitch-ups due to processes and management. Great tool.

Cons

Yes, if you talk about cons I do feel there is need for internal documents creation like Excel ppt etc. If I want to make some data or have issue which requires tabular form, I don't have much options than just to create an excel and attach it's links.

Bhadra from monotaro.id

Good Experience

After using Backlog, each project management has been improved: better time management, better updates in team during project progress

Pros

- project management based - easy to use and create project/issue

Cons

- some part confusing in terms of UI - people who was notified at first time issue created, wont be automatically notified if not mention in notify people when make comment/update

Sandeep from purplle.com

Industry: Cosmetics

we are love to use backlog

Pros

I liked the way of bugs maintenance and having simple ui to understand by the non technical persons as well.

Cons

mail structure. In mail try to add bug status in front. (closed or added). In mobile push notifications we are unable to differentiate whether it is added or closed.

Review for Backlog

Pros

It's easy to manage task on Gantt Chart. I can see status, edit start time and end time,...without having to refresh the page.

Cons

When i review pull request on Backlog, i can't see the number of deleted line, added line and total changed line. Github has this feature.

Hoàng from Rikkeisoft

Work smarter with Backlog!!!

Friendly, easy to use, easy to manage, work more efficiently. However, we need to notify the user (via email) when the server has problems to be able to organize the work

Pros

Unlike the Github, GitLab ..., Backlog allows me to have an overview when the project has multiple modules, each module needs a separate git repos.

Cons

I have trouble verifying who committed the code when viewed on the git tool of the Backlog

Peter from Publishing Company

Industry: Publishing

A great alternative ticketing system for teams

Pros

We're using the basic plan and it provides us a great deal of flexibility for our teams. It allows us to keep track of items really easily and submit via email, etc is a breeze. Our users are finding it very easy to get into the system and are seeing quicker responses to their queries. Features of the system are great and what you would see in more expensive alternatives. Pricing per company is excellent compared to per seat as well.

Cons

Make sure you setup on the right plan to start your trial as you cannot change while you are on trial which is somewhat challenging if you setup a stack of work prior to your change. Apart from this support has been great when needed and the service runs quickly and smoothly.

This service is very good.

We use Backlog to track all the work in the department. All the documentation is stored in Backlog. It's very convienant.

Pros

The software works well. It makes it easy to track what everyone in the group is accomplishing each day.

Cons

When we send emails to Backlog, embedded pictures are lost. We work around it but it would be better if it just worked. Additional reporting would be nice to have.

Vito from Procuradoria Geral do Estado da Bahia - PGE

Excellent for bug tracking

Pros

Backlog enables you to register and track bugs on your system, being an agile and easy-to-use tool for any type of user. It has several options for bug tracking, from version and tag specifics to a wiki for quick reference and consistency of information. In addition, the ability to include users to be notified about a bug's resolution, without necessarily being the creator or assignee, is very good and functional!

Cons

While creating an issue, if the company has already standardized a way to include them, Backlog does not indicate if a bug has already been registered, causing the multi-user test routine to become a bit messy and / or repetitive if they do not check the list before including the issue.

Santhosh Rao from AppMason Studio Inc

Best Review Software

I am able to fix my development issues easily with backlog. Thanks

Pros

I can easily found out my issues raised by tester.

Cons

Nothing found so far. If possible, provide web push notifications.

Jeremy from LSPI

Industry: Oil & Energy

Backlog for the Win

Pros

We use backlog everyday to track various projects withing our department. The easy of adding new items to the log and quickly finding them is a plus.

Cons

Only thing we really need is an approval based system that ties into Backlog for change management. Often times approval are required to be shown in the business world.

Carmen from Gattuso Consulting LLC

Backlog Review

Solid PM tool with flexible pricing options.

Pros

Solid Project Management tool for software development teams. Interface is intuitive and training is minimal. Good reporting and project communication capabilities.

Cons

Sometimes the more advanced features you are looking for are only available in the higher cost subscriptions.

Jennifer from Atomic Empire

Simple and Effective

Backlog has helped us get a handle on our massive list of bugs and upcoming features.

Pros

It's simple, easy-to-use, and clean, while still having most of the features I want in a bug tracker.

Cons

There are some times I would like to be able to categorize tasks by custom parameters, which is not supported. Also I think the user limit for the free tier is a little restrictive.

Devaraj from Coreforce

Industry: Information Services

Excellent Tool

It helps us a lot to track all the issues and also it helps to take action on issues in a timely manner

Pros

1. Easy to use, not an complicated one. 2. Quick alerts, easy to track all posted issues 3. I'll recommend more

Cons

I'm fully satisfied and I didn't see any cons over here

Suzanne from Robert Bosch

Overall not a bad experience

Pros

ease of use

Cons

one feature that your tools does not provide is the ability to put more people in the loop for CC and notify automatically if there is an update

Good tool overall for bug tracking

Overall pretty solid with great features to keep everyone growing the boat in the same direction!

Pros

Backlog is a fairly simple and intuitive platform that gives the full development/product teams visibility into bugs reported by the business and allows for simple, seamless prioritization.

Cons

It's cool that Backlog offers iPhone and Android apps but they're a little diminished feature-wise compared to the full app. Still pretty handy though!

Prabu from Chennovate Solutions

Backlog review

We can track the issue's status but its does not have completion percentage of the issue. Improve UI

Pros

issue type and tags. Easy to create new issue/task

Cons

Need to concentrate on User Interface so that user can easily access the app

Angus from Argus TrueID

Simple and does what you need it to

Pros

Easy to use and allows our team to do what we need to without getting in the way.

Cons

A few additional QoL additions onto the features that are already here would be great (such as multiple assignees).

Alex from Datalog

Industry: Program Development

Backlog

Various team planning projects organized with the developers, organizers of activities, the testing and support team. It is wonderful the system of assignment of tasks and notifications that allows to always take the project to the day and with the priorities to solve.

Pros

Easy to use and practical for manage projects and teams

Cons

The attachment files is not very much easy to use, it may be better

Suprisingly easy to use, yet feature-packed

We have a new healthcare application that is in the early stages of development. I was looking for a solution that was simple to setup, yet could effectively manage issues and provide a "home" for the project. Backlog's issue tracking + project wiki are the perfect combination and solution.

Pros

It was extremely easy to setup projects, including customizing issue categories and types. UI is very clean, yet provides lots of functionality without having to dig for buried actions.

Cons

Only regarding the project wiki -- I'd prefer to see better HTML support instead of just Markdown.

Conrad from Micro Quality Calibration, Inc.

Absolutely fantastic way to manage your pest control business. Managing has never been so easy!

Tracking appointments. Managing progress. Creating follow ups

Pros

I love how I can schedule and track appointments. Before using this products I was left to on my own devices to schedule and often times we would miss appointments. Have not missed one since.

Cons

I do wish they had an analytical reporting feature. It would be nice to have a one-stop tool to manage all sides of the business.

Anuj from Proto Manufacturing

Industry: Research

I would recommend this software

Overall it is an awesome tool.

Pros

It improves connectivity among employees and is very user friendly

Cons

The search button present at different location does not work the same way.

Amruta from CHT

Backlog_Review

Its very easy to use, exactly this is developed as per user's need.

Pros

Easy to use, not complicated, user friendly

Cons

Nothing is least, everything is good, user friendly

Praveen from Infyni

Product for Monitoring Product Activities

My experience with Backlog was excellent as we were looking for tool to monitor our product development. As we were a startup company we have limited source on funds and came across with backlog which supports our cause. We appreciate Nulabs for providing us their platform for supporting our team in our product development, And would definitely would be recommend Backlog.

Pros

Ease to Use, Team Member were able to use it on their own without any support, Quick response for support from backlog team.

Cons

Nothing as such , would suggest that if you could simplify use of filters.

Riya from EX2 Solutions

Amazing experience

Pros

This product is easy to use. It has great functionalities for every user.

Cons

Nothing found so far. Better numbering of tasks.

Gaurav from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Extremely Easy to use and Quicker!

Its a good project management and bug tracking tool.

Pros

- Backlog is quite faster in terms of search - Dashboard and other projects related stuffs are well organized - Rich functionalities for project management

Cons

One thing I noticed in Backlog is listing of parent issue and sub issue, its showing both of them when we assigned an issue to some parent issue, it should only show the parent one and when click on that parent issue it will open up the sub issues if it have any.

pramod from Velankani Electronics Pvt.Ltd.

Awesome Software

Pros

Easy to maintain bugs and their state .Very Useful.

Cons

Still i did not find any Cons in this software.

Rilson from Informática El Corte Inglés

Very complete tool

Very good tool; Complete in functionality and serves my business well.

Pros

The level of detail that can be added to a issue

Cons

I miss adding more pictures to describe a bug, and possibly tagging and editing the placed images.

shannon from The Queen's Health Systems

Great Project Management Tool!

Being able to separate and track small issues as well as categorize larger projects has been a huge help. Also, by assigning tasks to individuals, it holds them accountable to their responsibilities and tracks the timeline of progress.

Pros

-Ease of use -Bridging communication between teams -Trackability of projects/issues -Having a separate tool for project management, which helps minimize email clutter

Cons

haven't found any, yet!

Oleksandra from Fujisoft America

Review for Backlog

It is easy to create a new project, and easy to start using it for new users.

Pros

Very convenient management and bug tracking tool. looks like well-organized space for project management. Good to have Slack intigration

Cons

It was little bit tricky to migrate all ready issues to Backlog. For now, if there are a lot of projects it looks messy, it will be nice to have the possibility to combine them in folders

T L from Envision Software Engineering Pvt Ltd

Sreedharan Reivew on Backlog Tool

Excellent Ticketing System with ease of use , Reduces the time spent on updating etc

Pros

Ease of use,We based and easy navigation and filter functions. Faster retrieval of information Status updation takes less time

Cons

While copy & pasting from word documents Alignment gets rearranged and the contents become unreadable

An excellent project management and collaboration tool available for teams

An easy to use project management application that meets customer expectation.

Pros

It is a designer and programmer friendly tool where it's easy to collaborate without any noticeable hassles

Cons

Though it has many prons I still believe it could have more features and I observed a couple of time integration issue as well.

Sunny from IdealUser

Using Backlog

Pros

Great project management app or just because you need a issue management, subtasking, bug tracking and burndown charts app. The user interface and user experience works best.

Cons

It is awesome for collaboration and the integrations are seamless. This requires multiple steps in the software.