What are Basecamp users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Basecamp software through verified user reviews

13,532 Reviews

6,622
5,065
1,428

• icon"The ease of use with this software is really nice, if your company is like ours, we have companies all over the country."
  • icon"Outstanding performance, highly accessible, easy to use and the pricing is by far the best."
  • icon"I really enjoy it as a user and highly recommend it to all organizations as the best in value for money."
  • icon"I am a multi-disciplinary designer myself, and despite trying (very hard) several times to use Basecamp, I just can't get past how ugly, unintuitive, and clunky the UI is."
  • icon"I just found it boring that you can only view one person's task list at a time, if you have a project with multiple members, it makes it difficult."
  • icon"It is integrated with limited software which restricts to carry out multidimensional projects. It’s pricing is also very high, it restrict its use for small organizations."

Browse all Basecamp Reviews

• Have you used Basecamp and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 13,426 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 13,426 reviews

Troy

Company size: Unspecified

We use it every day!

Carrie

March 2022

Makes Onboarding a New Member of the Team Smooth!

Basecamp continues to be a platform that is relevant to our operations and we are newly discovering its usefulness as we onboard a new member to our leadership team.

Pros

As we onboard a key member of our leadership team, Basecamp allows us to include her in the projects that are already underway, allowing her to swiftly get to know our cadence and standards.

Cons

There is nothing we like least about this software.

Syamir

Improve project management effectiveness

What i have realize with Basecamp is, we have improve the way my team communicate. We have ditch from using email or other messenger application, and mainly using Basecamp as our communication platform. It is effective because we can quickly pinpoint the subject of our discussion and attaching document to it.

Pros

Tracking for a project progress by team members and keeping a quick communication contact with my colleague is easy to do with Basecamp. Its workflow method to managing many project that are running at the same time is flawless. Separating each team members roles and their responsibilities towards the project only need a single click.

Cons

The feature tools name is quite funny, they use term 'campfire' to indicate messenger board where people gathering for discussion. There are some integration that are not well connected, my integration with google calendar is choppy and some of my calendar event is not properly exported to Basecamp calendar.

Reasons for switching to Basecamp

Asana is too complicated and expensive for us. Basecamp can do the same with less cost.

Nurul Azizah

All in one task manager

Pros

Basecamp has the essential tools for managing a task and can be used for collaborating and brainstorming sessions. It keeps track of my daily grind, and I can easily view the task progress and the job that are still incomplete and or need to be completed within the deadline.

Cons

I need a better tool for managing and completing complex and challenging projects. Integrating with other software is also not too robust as not many options are available for software compatible with this software.

Reasons for switching to Basecamp

Asana is more complicated to manage simple daily tasks. Basecamp is more suitable for this objective.

Maisarah

Involve client in the project

Overall of my experience with this is software pretty good, as i can collaborate project and task with my colleague and client. It really help me manage several running project at the same time and i can keep up with all the project progress without any problem.

Pros

I really like that Basecamp has a portal for client that I can involving my client on the project that we are working together. They can see and view the project process and the project completion progress and also get involve in the idea management to pitching ideas on the project. It keep both parties on top of the project progress.

Cons

This software structures are quite difference from other typical project manager software, which it will takes some time to learning all the feature and differences with this software. On top of that, client also needs to learn to use this software for me to collaborate with them, and not everyone is willing to spend extra hours to learn about this software.

Reasons for switching to Basecamp

Any.do is more suitable for managing to-do list and some basic task.

Jason

Making project management easier

Overall, Basecamp is a solid product that I use almost daily to manage projects. I haven't had any major issues with the software but would like to be able to easily reference tips and tricks to improve my workflow.

Pros

The ability to collaborate with other people on my team on task management is critical to making sure the work is done on time. Basecamp also allows me to communicate with clients and vendors on project specifics tasks and goals which means less time writing emails and more time getting things accomplished.

Cons

The user interface is a little too bare-bones, and things aren't always intuitive. I would like to see more tips on how to set projects up and manage them properly.

Reasons for choosing Basecamp

More clients were using basecamp already.

Reasons for switching to Basecamp

I had more clients that were using Basecamp, so it made sense to be on the same platform as them.

Eva

Basecamp

Pros

This is a good tool for project management tasks.

Cons

It's not very intuitive and sometimes not user friendly

February 2022

Basecamp is the best tool for simple to do list.

I have left basecamp and went to Teamwork.com, after a while, returned to basecamp. I have left basecamp and went to Monday.com, after a while returned to basecamp. That shouls tell you something.

Pros

I think the simplicity of basecamp is wonderful. Almost everyone can ue basecamp, take a new user and throw them into Monday.com or TeamWork.com and they will get lost and faiil. But with Basecamp, it is so easy and intuitive, everyone succeeds!

Cons

Reporting especially email reporting is very weak. also, printing can be improved greratly.

Reasons for choosing Basecamp

i have went back and forth. today, i choose the task manager based upon the project that i am managing.

Reasons for switching to Basecamp

i usually swith back and forth due to nature of the project.

Kevin

Basecamp for Teams

We have started and completed close to 150 projects in Basecamp; crossing every department in our organization. It has helped us keep people informed, keep tasks on target, and complete projects in a timely and efficient manner. Their help system is very detailed. It seems like most reviewers just can not find it. https://3.basecamp-help.com/ We are very pleased with the product, but we want to see more enhancements coming, and more often. The product desperately needs sublists, priorities, milestones, and very tight integration with Office 365. We would also like to see the use of templates. Anything from planning a canoe trip to launching a new retail store would be very helpful. Overall, it is a great product, but we may outgrow it if enhancements are not added. If some of these features do not come soon, it may drive long-standing customers away from the product.

Pros

We have been using Basecamp for 7 years now. What we liked at first was the simple design and speed at which you can learn the product. You can be up, running and have a project underway in less than 10 minutes. It checked all the boxes initially. Simple to use, ability to create project groups and associated tasks, assign users, and dates, and attach files. In Basecamp 3 they added grouped tasks within the parent list, and the ability to assign multiple people to a single task.

Cons

Basecamp needs sublists, priorities, and milstones. They also need to build a native integration completely into Office 365. Instead of fighting it, embrace Office 365 Sharepoint, Onedrive, and Teams.

Reasons for choosing Basecamp

Basecamp was far simpler to use, less expensive, had all the features we needed, and none that we didn't. We just needed a simple to use, and well-thought-out management tool.

Reasons for switching to Basecamp

Prior to switching the company used a very simple excel list. Excel was too static and not the ideal use of the product.

April 2022

Simply best bang for the buck.

Basecamp was an excellent program we used to the fullest. Ease of communication and implementation where simply amazing. I have recommended Basecamp to few associates and they seemed happy with it as well. Very cost effective.

Pros

Basecamp is scalable. That was impressive to me. As we grew and needs changed Basecamp grew with us. Easy to understand and use. Everyone on the team used it. The price was affordable and you got top of line service and operation.

Cons

Cons are few mostly because it changed as surveys came in the changes happened.

Reasons for choosing Basecamp

Price seemed right. And the projects we had going there where teammates all over the nation.

Mary Ellen

Basic functionality, hasn't kept pace with competitors

Basecamp has been the foundation of our company's project management and communication systems for the past 9 years, but we're starting to feel like we've outgrown it. Those frustrations combined with the recent leadership missteps have us shopping for an alternative.

Pros

Basecamp is an extremely accessible, cost-effective task management system for simple projects and teams. It's easy to invite people to specific projects without adding to the cost.

Cons

Having to use third-party tools for basic functionality, such as kanban boards and time/points tracking. Lack of common milestone tracking, such Gantt charts.

Reasons for choosing Basecamp

At the time, we preferred the simplicity of the UX/UI and the functionality for the price. As a remote-first company, we also appreciated the management philosophy of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Bethany

Industry: Publishing

My, well, base camp for client communications!

I create an individual Basecamp project for each of my clients to handle communication, deadlines, and file-sharing. Basecamp is the only project management software I've found that really excels at being used in a client-facing manner. I can get clients set up within minutes without confusing or overwhelming them.

Pros

My use of Basecamp is unique in that I personally don't need project management software as much as a client communication interface, and Basecamp is perfect for that! My work requires me to implement deadlines for both my team and my clients, and Basecamp allows me to clearly communicate that entire timeline while keeping all files and communication in one place. It really is a perfect "home base"!

Cons

I'd love to be able to customize which projects we receive updates on! Instead of just choosing email updates or no email updates, it would be great to have a newsfeed of only starred projects or even the ability to designate and filter by role within a project. I also feel that the jump between Basecamp Personal and Basecamp Business is a bit too stark. I'd love to see, say, a Basecamp Entrepreneur option in between aimed at companies that don't need unlimited features and can't afford the $99 monthly price point. Basecamp 2's "10 projects for $20/month" package would be an ideal model!

Reasons for choosing Basecamp

While I preferred the pricing structure of the alternative products, Basecamp can't be beaten in terms of client friendliness.

Tyler

March 2022

Terrific tool for project management

It's a really great tool. Even people who are not savvy with software can quickly learn it. The mobile app is also very intuitive and user-friendly.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use and learn. But has the majority of the tools you need to run a project built right in.

Cons

I really wish I had a native kanban board. However, there are some integrations that seem to help with that.

Reasons for choosing Basecamp

Basecamp had a much simpler learning curve and seemed just as effective.

Noorhidayu

Basecamp is our department choice

Pros

I love the project progress and the timeline tracking that this software has offered. Since my department work closely with out client on some of the project, the client portal really helping us out in keeping client within the loop and fast update on their end.

Cons

I am not a fan of their dashboard structure along with the name of some of the tools here. It doesn't scream professional, as an example, the discussion board are named "campfire". Other than that, everything else is okay and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Basecamp

Trello is too much for us to manage our daily task.

John Christopher

March 2022

I Love basecamp it is easy to use

Pros

I Love basecamp it is readily available and easy to use, I have manage my task quickly with this tool, it also allows me to communicate with my colleagues instantly

Cons

I like the least is that I gets full and the administrator needs to update it but all in all it is great

Fantastic Project Management Tool

Very positive. We enjoy using the tool and it helps us manage a number of clients at once.

Pros

Basecamp is so easy to use and the team loves it. We appreciate the task lists and notifications to keep everyone on track.

Cons

Not many thanks to criticize. This software was very easy to set up and manage on a day-to-day basis.

Reasons for choosing Basecamp

We were using both for a while as they provide similar functionality.

Marcus

May 2022

Serviceable Platform for Team Collaboration

Overall, it was a great platform to collaborate on team projects. There are many other competitors now and I'm not sure that Basecamp stands out amongst the crowd, but it certainly does the job it sets out to accomplish.

Pros

Basecamp helped a team of 12 committee members working from different parts of the United States work together on complex and interrelated projects. Communication was simple and easy to follow on the dashboard, while document sharing was able useful.

Cons

Some of the organization of threads was confusing and hard to follow if you were not receiving regular email updates with all activity.

Amal

April 2022

Good, but need improvements.

Have high potential but need some improvements.

Pros

Task and notification functions work seamlessly.

Cons

Overall layout is not much user friendly. Also the loading speed is a bit slow.

Andrey

Easy Task and Project Management

Pros

It was easy to jump in with no training on how to use the platform and participate in the project tasks, and communicate with other members of the project team.

Cons

Nobody really wants to learn another new product. Our vendor decided to use this platform for managing a project.

Gavin

May 2022

Basecamp gives you a lot of bang for the buck

Pros

Basecamp does almost everything we need to do, with the ability to use the APIs we've managed to extend Basecamp to work with our internal and some external systems. Every single project is tracked and managed via the app, our project hours are recorded against each project using the API and we can report on these for costings at any point. There are more competent project management software packages out there, but all of these charge per user and would be a lot more expensive.

Cons

There's a few small features missing, one of these is project management across multiple projects, we're not able to produce GANNT charts or assign people to projects with working hours to ensure the member of staff isn't overloaded. This is minor overall but would definitely be something great to have.

Mainly due to cost.

Reasons for switching to Basecamp

Basecamp gave us more flexibility and at a lower cost than Trello.

Faisal Faruque

December 2021

Basecamp made managing my team members easier than ever!

You can call it the Jack of All Trades. Before using Basecamp I had to use a lot of apps for different purposes. For example, one to-do app, another file-sharing app, another messaging app, and so on. It hampered my productivity. But luckily I found Basecamp and this thing got me covered. Now I can have fewer meetings with my team members and save time to do something productive. The integration with other app made it the real hero. I can automate my tasks on Basecamp by using popular integration services and those work seamlessly with Basecamp.

Pros

I have been using Basecamp for a while now. I am genuinely in love with the overall user interface of this platform. It is very easy to use and intuitive. The free plan of the Basecamp is quite generous and it is enough for most of the users. This is why I love this tool so much. But there are some other features that are really helping me to manage my remote team. I can easily assign tasks with deadlines. The email notification system and the mobile app added to the overall value of this tool. I observed that it loads faster on any device with a slower internet connection. This is why my team members even from countries with slow internet can easily access this tool. Overall, the experience is top-notch and I recommend everyone to use this tool.

Cons

There is nothing that I hate about this product. But I think the amazing developer team behind this tool can bring some improvements to the existing features. The price for the Business Plan is quite affordable for large teams. But if they can bring some affordable paid plan for the individual users it would be so much helpful.

Reasons for switching to Basecamp

Before using Basecamp I used Trello. That was kind of okay for managing a tiny team. But when my team grew, I had to find an alternative with most features. Basecamp is the perfect one for all kinds of project management. File storage and document sharing come in handy at times. Overall, this is a hundred times better than Trello and I am fully satisfied with this.

December 2021

Basecamp for final year university students who doing final year projects.

Overall one of the best software which I was use and its functionality , scope , workability are outstanding. I actually like the main concept of the software and It was give massive support to our project for getting successes in the worst situations like these pandemic periods. I was suggest this software to my other colleagues on the university whose also got trouble with doing their final year projects.

Pros

When me and my final year project group members starting the project, the first problem which we were faced is how we get collaborate with each others on this task. Because university was closed due to pandemic situation and we were limited to our homes. So we do some research on the way to overcome with this problem and we met the Basecamp. First I like the main idea of the software because it will be one of the most useful software in this pandemic situation. Lot of projects were stopped due to this pandemic situation and at that time Basecamp provide a good platform to collaborate the people. And another favourite feature on the software is the chat option. It is very useful to each of our members to get interact with each others and shear their ideas in the occasion. The options like progress tracking ,achievement reach, To do listing are very use full for us to assigned each members for their roles and guide our project to in proper way in the correct time. The client portal of the software is another favourite item of mine because it was very helpful to our lecturers to interact with us and observe our project for supervising us to get successful on our project.

Cons

When get starting with the software we had to get use with it first and it was taken some time because this was a whole new platform to us. So I think it will be better if it has some introduction and guiding tips to get familiars with it. When interacting with our lectures using client portal we felt the important of that short learning curve of the soft wear because they would not like to spend their valuable time to waste such a thing. Some of other software we use couldn't get sync with the basecamp so we wish to have that option on the soft wear. Other than that basecamp is one of the best software in functional wise and also a concept wise.

Mohammed

Preparing and implementing tasks through the cooperation of team members

Basecamp contributed to increasing the ability to follow up on all projects of the organization, as well as save documents and documents related to those projects, and also through notifications of tasks that are sent at the specified times to all members, ensuring that everyone stays in touch with the actual situation of the project and enables the project management to know the points Defects and omissions in production baskets, which gives them flexibility with the ability to enter at the right time.

Pros

Basecamp is a flexible program with a distinctive design, which enables the work team, by integrating jobs, to dispense with many of the tasks they perform, which contributes to saving time and effort and increasing productivity. The team will be able to communicate through Basecamp from anywhere at any time and also via mobile phones. Each team member will be able to list the tasks, their due dates, and the members who contribute to the implementation of the task, which makes the follow-up processes and measurement of achievement rates easy and clear to everyone. The application will provide you with notifications about the assigned tasks that you have to follow. The application provides the ability to download files, documents and videos of a specific activity, and they will be saved for reference at any time. The application enables you to work on several projects at the same time, as you will be able to customize the tasks according to the project you are working on.

Cons

Everything is excellent, Basecamp is easy to use for everyone, it has a unique user interface, which allows you to know all the tasks that you are required to participate in and their due dates. Basecamp has an excellent support team and provides educational aids to everyone that helps with a clear understanding of how the app works. Basecamp provides a very large amount of freedom for users, enabling them to include and modify the list of people to send notifications to, ensuring that those notifications reach the people concerned at the specified times.

I always come back to Basecamp

We have three sites. What Basecamp has provided is the unification of messages and tasks across all sites. It has added transparency that is invaluable to all of our team. We can keep important documents. Onboarding videos and other useful information. No more scraps of paper or post-it notes on peoples desks. It provides real accountability for everyone on the team. So simple to use which means 100% user adoption. Everyone loves Basecamp and we have tried every PM software out there. Basecamp is the best in the business!

Pros

When you first start using basecamp, two things strike you the most. It’s clean super tight interface and the lack of some common functions. I see both of these things as a positive. This might seem odd but you soon realise that the makers at Basecamp are uncompromising in their relentless pursuit of keeping you efficient. No bloat. No complication. These all adds up to adoption by the whole team. Which for me is the most important thing. You can have a perfect project management system, but if no one uses it. It’s useless. Basecamp’s gets everything on the same page.

Cons

I would love the app to give you persistent reminders for tasks! Snooze for 5 mins etc.

Reasons for choosing Basecamp

It had everything we needed and nothing we didn't.

USMAN ZAFAR

Best and All-In-One Toolkit for Working Remotely

Pros

Our team is using Basecamp since 2019 and all the things are managed and well settled because of Basecamp. Our messages, schedules to do the tasks, our important documents, our conversations regarding the projects and tasks are safe and well managed on Basecamp. Some of the best and helpful features are: 1. Message Board: You can post announcements, pitch ideas and check progress with daily and on time updates. 2. To-do's: Best option is to set the to-do option in which one can easily make lists of the work or task the you want to get done, set due dates for a tasks and much more. 3. Schedule: You can set important dates on a schedule and can subscribe events in google calendar, Outlook or ical. 4. Docs and files: Easiest and helpful thing us to share the files with teams but the exciting thing is that you can upload and share docs, files, images and spreadsheets with your team and organize in folder as yiu want so they're easy to find. 5. Group chat: You don't need to talk to your teammates using your mobile number here in Basecamp you can easily chat with group members, ask random and important questions relevant to your queries and share stuff without any problem. In simple, Basecamp is the best platform that have the tools for any company or firm includes all the tools all teams need to work together. Keep everyone in the loop without all the meetings.

Cons

As I'm using Basecamp without facing any problem so a big Thank you to the Basecamp team. All the tools and features are very helpful. Even one can try Basecamp free trial without any credit card requirement. You can enjoy free trial then you can select package according to your needs and requirements. I hope you really enjoy it. One suggestion to Basecamp team is that please add special package and tools for teachers and students. In covid-19 situation every school and college facing problems in online learning, I suggest to add special LMS features for education side. Again Thanks

Showing 1 - 25 of 13,426 reviews