All Buddy Punch Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

Buddy Punch Tracks Hours At The Push Of A Button.

Katrina

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Great time keeping app

Great app, check in and out with accuracy, keep in contact with supervisors and can submit photos for proof of visit if not using GPS.

PROS

I am an Event Specialist with Deluvia Inc, they upgraded from emailing and faxing my time sheets in to this system. They are out of state so this is a great way for them to keep up with my time while doing "Road Shows". I arrive at my location, open the app and sign in, my employers do require me to attach photos so I snap a photo of the store front before entering. While there, I setup my samples and take a few photos of my presentation to attach when I clock out. I like that I can see my schedule, even though I already know my Road Shows are 11 days back to back for each demo. It takes out 39 minutes for my lunch and keeps up with my total hours so I can accurately calculate my check. They can leave messages after each shift end set of photos. I have seen a few where they wanted to see different angles or my face more throughout my presentations. I've also been told my samples looked yummy, I left messages and asked questions that were answered. This is a good app to have when your employer is out of your area.

CONS

The only thing I found odd was I could log in anytime during my employment, but couldn't do so between Road Shows. I wanted to look at my schedules and could gain access to the app. Other than this hiccup, the app works fine. Deluvia gets my time and there are no shortages on my check.

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear that you're using our smartphone app as well as our notes and photos on punches feature. We have a few limiting options for employers and that is why you weren't able to login while outside of the show. Thanks again!

Replied January 2019

Aaron

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Best Punch System!

PROS

Ease of use, easy to make corrections.

CONS

I honestly don't have any con's, its wonderful system

Aaron, we're thrilled to hear you think Buddy Punch is the best! Thank you for highlighting its ease of use and simplicity in making corrections. We're glad it's all working wonderfully for you!

Josh

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2016

so so not greatest

Several areas of concern. Very little corrections made based on feedback. Not able to contact support by phone. Delayed response in email. Not open to different types and operations for different business types. This is a very baseline product with little features. Menus are hard for older users to read. Not user friendly for most users. Time corrections are difficult for users to complete or request. Very limited on admin ability to control aspects of the clock to prevent user issues. reports decimal place cannot be changed from 3 to 2 decimals increases rounding time for admin. Integration with payroll company cost additional funds.

PROS

online can view anywhere from a computer . the app is poor at best and is not integrated to be used as a time clock or to check all features and make adjustments from admin must have a computer to do so

CONS

Most of it

Josh - Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Unfortunately many of your comments we believe are inaccurate and I would like to make sure that Buddy Punch is accurately reflected on Capterra. We do not charge for integrations with other Payroll Companies. We just added an integration with Paychex and there was no cost to any customer for doing so. We are also very timely in responding to inquiries. In your case specifically you opened a ticket on 7/29/16 at 3:52 pm. We responded at 4:14 pm the same day with a resolution. You opened a ticket on 8/29/16 at 12:35 pm, we replied at 12:46 pm. You opened a ticket on 9/12/16 at 10:21 am and we replied on 12:46 pm. We offer many features such as GPS, IP Address Lock, Webcam photos on punches, and notifications. We offer easy change requests with the user clicking on a button that says "I need to change something." I'm sorry we didn't work for your business and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Replied September 2016

Kelsie

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Great Time Management

PROS

Easy to clock in from anywhere and still manage how much time you've worked in a day. Easily tells you when you've gone past 8hrs, and also great for seeing when your team members are clocked in or out.

CONS

Wish the time wasn't in decimal form so that it's easier to tell how much time you should work without going into overtime.

Reasons for switching to Buddy Punch

Instead of sending messages through Skype when we clocked in or out with potential of forgetting to do so and then payroll has to record all those messages, our times are easily exported for accounting to put our time in without much hassle.

Hi Kelsie, we're thrilled you find clocking in and managing work hours a breeze with Buddy Punch, not to mention keeping an eye on team activity. Your feedback about the decimal time format is super helpful – we aim to make time tracking as intuitive as possible. Thanks a bunch for your valuable insights!

Replied February 2024

Ron

Construction, 11-50 employees

So Easy to Use!

PROS

Ease of use and accuracy for both time and PTO

CONS

I did not like the name at first but now I am used to it.

Thanks, Ron! We're thrilled that the ease and accuracy of Buddy Punch have made a positive difference in managing your time and PTO. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Whitney

Building Materials, 201-500 employees

Shallow Water

PROS

I like how quick and easy it is to use from the office and at home

CONS

Can't adjust time and have to write notes

Thank you for sharing, Whitney! We're pleased to know Buddy Punch has been quick and easy for your use across different locations. Just a reminder, you do have the ability to adjust time entries directly in the system. If you're unsure how to do this or need any help, please contact our support team. We're committed to ensuring your experience is as smooth as possible!

Tessa

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Great system

Overall I enjoy using the system it has been a great contribution to our company

PROS

The ease of putting in employee schedules

CONS

I don't like that you have to submit your time each week

Thank you, Tessa! It's wonderful to know you find putting in employee schedules easy and that Buddy Punch has positively impacted your organization. We appreciate your thoughts on the time submission process and are always looking for ways to improve.

Irene

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

BuddyPunch - easy for timekeeping

I've enjoyed using Buddy Punch on a daily basis for timekeeping. It is easy to use and was easy to learn when we started using it.

PROS

Ease of use for daily timekeeping purposes

CONS

I haven't found anything yet that I don't like.

It’s fantastic to hear how well Buddy Punch is working for your daily timekeeping needs, Irene! We’re thrilled that you find it easy to use and learn. Thanks for letting us know, and remember, we're here if you ever need any support!

Replied May 2024

cristian

Automotive, 11-50 employees

our employees love it!

PROS

very affordable, easy for employees to learn, cuts out grey areas in time sheets

CONS

so far very happy haven't had any situations come up that would make us doubt the product

Thanks, Cristian! Glad to know Buddy Punch is a hit with your employees and that it's making time tracking clearer and more straightforward. Your happiness with our product is what we strive for!

Marilyn

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Buddy Punch is your Buddy

PROS

Buddy Punch keeps track of my work time whether I'm in the office or working from home. Makes it easy to submit my timesheet to payroll.

CONS

If I goof up, it is difficult to go back in and correct.

We're thrilled to hear Buddy Punch is keeping track of your work time effectively! If you encounter difficulties with corrections, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance.

Tara

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Great Product!

Buddy Punch has been a super efficient business solution for our office. It is very user friendly. The integration with Quickbooks has streamlined our payroll which has been a huge plus. Most importantly to me as the administrator who's been responsible for the complete set up and training of all staff- the Buddy Punch customer service team has been absolutely outstanding!

PROS

The software is easy to use with only very minor quirks.

CONS

I appreciate the updates to scheduling but even with the new templates, I'm still not able to schedule as efficiently as I would like. I would love to be able to set a master schedule for each user and edit individual days from there as necessary. My team typically works a pretty set schedule so to have a template per person would be ideal. It seems that's not quite the functionality of the new template feature.

Reason for choosing Buddy Punch

PTO tracking function worked the way we needed it to and it was a better price point.

Reasons for switching to Buddy Punch

We needed a product that tracked PTO as well as had a punching time clock feature. Integration with QB was the additional bonus.

Thank you Tara for the review. It is great to hear that our QuickBooks integration has been helpful to your business. Thank you for the feedback, recurring items on the schedule is coming up as a new feature as well. Thanks again!

Replied October 2019

Bryan

Farming, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Buddy Punch is awesome

Excellent! The product works well on iPads and PCs. It seems to be very low maintenance and the staff are great to work with when I have questions.

PROS

The ease of use and implementation. I work with many non technical people and they caught on to the app quickly.

CONS

I would like to see a cached mode so if we lose internet facial recognition will still work and punches will record when internet is restored. I would also like to see more permission control over the manager role.

Reason for choosing Buddy Punch

Buddy punch was highly rated and after trialing the software it exceeded our needs.

Reasons for switching to Buddy Punch

The product was old and no longer supported.

Thank you Bryan for the review! It is great to hear that you and your staff are finding us easy to use.

Replied June 2020

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Buddy Punch - a value added tool for our small business

Delighted! As a trucking company and having resources starting their shifts at different times and in different locations it was "effort" in tying this all together to ensure everyone was being paid for correct times - doing payroll was a chore in calling and requesting and then finally imposing deadlines or you don't get paid which pushes other things back in processing payroll... Week one of deployment -> all those issues disappeared!!! Well done Buddy Punch!!!!

PROS

Simplicity of use which made adoption within our organization easier

CONS

Because of it's simplicity, I overcomplicated it for our trial period and had everyone in the organization trying it. To launch, we decided to recreate our site and started running with only the team members that are required to punch in and out

Reason for choosing Buddy Punch

The cost for our initial deployment and the relative ease in scaling as we grow our business

Michael, it's fantastic to hear how Buddy Punch has streamlined payroll and time tracking for your trucking company. We're thrilled that the simplicity of our tool made adoption easy and resolved the challenges of managing diverse shift times and locations. Your experience of seeing immediate improvements in the first week of deployment is exactly what we strive for. Thank you for your enthusiastic feedback and for choosing Buddy Punch!

Replied December 2023

Joy

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Best In Show

My staff loves that the software works seamlessly and I love the easy payroll reporting process. BEST of all, when I have a question, Buddy Punch really LISTENS and always walks me through the answer or offers to help themselves.

PROS

The Buddy Punch Customer Service is EXCELLENT! Poor service is one of the main reasons we left our last scheduling and payroll reporting software.

CONS

Would love to see more features such as hiring and onboarding of new employees.

Reason for choosing Buddy Punch

We chose Buddy Punch because their features seemed like the best match for our industry--we offer doggy daycare and boarding. Best decision we ever made!

Reasons for switching to Buddy Punch

Our previous scheduling software caused us major issues with staff clocking in--out of the blue. When we contacted them about the problem they either agreed it was happening and did nothing about it or argued that everything was fine. Their responses were promised in 24 hours but often took days. When we left them, they didn't even ask how they could keep us.

Thank you Joy for the review and the kind words! It is great to hear the positive feedback on our customer service. We really try to make sure we understand everyone's situation and we're glad that it shows! Thanks again for your review and your business, we appreciate it.

Replied February 2021

Tohi

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Best solution to time tracking for our hourly employees, and it keeps me updated when someone forgets to clock out. Also, it allows my employees to make changes if needed, which I can review and approve.

PROS

Ease of use, for both employees and managers. The phone app with the clock in/out feature makes this the easiest for our company.

CONS

No cons so far, and I've been using it for almost a year now.

Reason for choosing Buddy Punch

User-friendly and ease of use. Barely any training required for this as it's self-explanatory.

Reasons for switching to Buddy Punch

Not satisfied and knew there was an easier way to do this.

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use! It's also good to hear you are making use of our alerts and reminders. We offer a range of reminders that can be sent via push notifications on a phone or email. Thanks again!

Replied November 2019

CONNIE

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Buddy Punch Review

I had used other more expensive systems at previous employers and Buddy Punch has be more than sufficient for our size of business. It is easy to run the reports- PTO, location of services, and the geofence. My favorite time in option was the facial recognition- the main problem with it was if someone had a beard and then shaved it or got a major change in hair styles we had to take their picture again.

PROS

Buddy Punch is easy to set up and use. Once staff is set up in Buddy Punch they are able to manage their time cards with min assistance. We have used the facial recognition and the scan code- The facial recognition works the most consistently. It is pretty self explanatory for staff to be able to put in PTO for approval and add notes if they need a time adjustment because they forgot to time in or out. There are several reports we use including the location worked, pto, and the location of timing in or out. We had staff that would time in or out from their car on their phone when they were to time in and out on the computer. We were able to monitor that and reinstruct the staff.

CONS

When an employee needs to be removed from the active payroll it takes a few weeks for the persons name to be moved to the inactive list. We tried using the QR codes for timing in and out but the staff would forget their card, the computer would not recognize the card or if their was a poor light, it would be difficult to get it read.

Reason for choosing Buddy Punch

We have not considered other products because Buddy Punch has met our needs and they are frequently sending out emails with improvements to the program.

Reasons for switching to Buddy Punch

We wanted more features and a better cost.

Thank you Connie for the review! It is great to hear that you're utilizing many of our features including Facial Recognition and that you're finding us easy to use! Also in regards to the inactive employees, you are not charged for inactive users but you'll still see a time card for them in case they had any time worked for the pay period or if you wanted to add any manually. Them having a time card doesn't affect their inactive status. Thanks again for the review and your business, we appreciate it!

Replied December 2020

Susan

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Excellent Customer Service

Whenever I have a question that I can't find in the FAQ or a billing issue, they are super friendly and quick to respond. I even accidentally got charged for a full year subscription when I wanted to go monthly, and they refunded me immediately after contacting them. CSR is very helpful, and always quick to respond!

PROS

I like that you can require a photo and location for your employees when clocking in, and can monitor them pretty easily. It is really easy to set up, and you can put extra data in your employee files to have it all in one place. I also like that I can assign managers over certain employees, so they can monitor their own departments and approve accordingly. The facial recognition feature is super helpful when a bunch are clocking in on one device!

CONS

I find the navigation of the site is a little complicated at times. I tend to have to look around for a few minutes or hit the help to find a certain feature that I am looking for. Most of the time they have the feature, I just can't remember where I found it last time. The app isn't super helpful as the administrator. It is much easier to approve time-cards and review employee activity through the website vs the app. (The app is pretty much good for clocking in purposes only.) Wish that your facial recognition picture worked for punching in even if you use the "log in" feature vs the "punch" one. (Currently you have to take two pictures when using the "log in" with facial rec. option for punching in.)

Reason for choosing Buddy Punch

The name! It stuck out to us, and seemed comical. We love it!

Thank you Susan for the review! It is great to hear that you're finding our customer service excellent and that we've been easy to setup and have all the features you are looking for. Thanks for the suggestion on Facial Recognition - we use the same photo when punching in directly but you are right, if you log in first then you take another picture. Also you can approve time cards on the app, but there's a lot of information to review so I can understand how using the web is a lot easier. Thanks again!

Replied June 2019